street129: hi

street129

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi street129,

On 6/23/2023 at 12:18 AM, street129 said:

I'm still at 447 every night at the right time in taking my meds ..but the last 2 month of the end of April and it's now the end of June, my meds is not working, and I don't know what to do any help will be  appreciated.  Great to hear from you, and what do I do going forward...

I don't know  if I'm unconsciously thinking on situation that's going on with my daughter and my granddaughter, that maybe put a strain on my well being which I don't talk with anyone about...I don't know...... I just need help with my meds. hope you can guide me... Thanks you..

Is the 447 the weight in milligrams that correlates to the dose of 81 milligrams in dose strength then?

That's wnat I  am seeing last in your signature for your dose strength, 81 mgai(for dose strength of 81 milligram active ingrediant).

Things to check, that you can do, regarding your present dose:

Are you using the same total dose strength tablet?  I remember that you had a couple different strengths of trazodone on hand, and just want you to be sure you are always working with the sane strength tablet prior to grinding it, or getting it to powder at all times.

Is the average weight of 3 or more intact tablets the same?  It's a good idea to get a new average of 100 mgai intact tablets  every once in awhile.  And especially if the maker of trazodone 100 mgai tablets gets altered, which sometimes happens based on insurance, and what is cheapest for the pharmacy to provide.

If all is well with your measurements and consistency of when you take your dose, then it is likely a seasonal shift you might be feeling, and/or with the addition of worries around your loved one(s).  Sometimes we get reminded of how much we need to work our non-drug coping skills or find something new non-drug coping that helps.  Worrying IS a big problem for many of us, if we don't find things to help us change out of that mode of emotional symptoms.  Keep moving foremost, and keep doing your best to lower expectations of self AND others, and helping only in a way, that helps them to ultimately find what they need.  Symptoms and self care has many topics, where one can do self help if wanted, many of the topics there, that are pinned, will take you to even more topic links to pick and choose and then try.  Emotional regulation IS hard......but so much we can do to help ourselves with it.

Your medication, the trazodone, may still be working.  Are there other medications you've added since last here?  Once feeling well enough to taper again, it might be nice to get to a more rounded dosage, like 75 mg......so you could take a break from crushing and weighing pills.  Not right now though if you are feeling shaky.  No reason to start tapering again when not doing well.  When into a few months of more stable symptoms........then, would be a time to begin to taper again.  Slow and sure, like a turtle.

I hope your health overall is good, and that you are in community and not feeling isolated right now AND taking good care of street129.  Get out to do some fun things with yourself and for yourself. 

I expect this will pass, that it IS just another Wave to get through to the other side of.

Good to see you posting, updating.

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

@manymoretodays hi I did everything you said< I check manufactor I ALSO got a new script...in still not sleeping. Yes it's 81mg...

is it stupid to ask can I double my 81mg to see if it work or that's crazy, I buy over the counter things to get some sleep, but what I took tonight didn't help...I took  of my pressure pill,, and a lillte magnesium along with my TRAZODONE, a couple bendaryl. ..but I'm still awake I took something last I got couple shot eye... Anything else can I do....

JOINED THIS BOARD AUGUST 27, 2017

250mg trazodone

250mg   Aug 21, 2017  tapering before I found SA

200mg -  Aug 21, 2017 to Aug 25, 2017 tapering before found SA

225mg -  Aug 26, 2017  updose holding

November 26, 2017. I reinstated my original dose of 250mg  trazodone..planning on holding for a very long time. No more withdrawal

June 14, 2020  at 10% 507  My first start of my trazodone 250mg  taper

6/16/20  90 mgai    7/26/20   81 mgai    9/6/20  72 mg ai 10/17/20- updose to 77 mgai  11/11/20- updose to 81 mgai  

• Moderator Emeritus
On 7/4/2023 at 1:14 AM, street129 said:

is it stupid to ask can I double my 81mg to see if it work or that's crazy, I buy over the counter things to get some sleep, but what I took tonight didn't help...I took  of my pressure pill,, and a lillte magnesium along with my TRAZODONE, a couple bendaryl. ..but I'm still awake I took something last I got couple shot eye... Anything else can I do....

Hi street,

It's never stupid to ask.........you know what I'm going to say though right?  I would not double your dose of Trazodone.  You might have hit tolerance, where whatever you take of it......it just doesn't work like it used to.

And street, don't overdo with over the counter drugs.  That can backfire......if they go paradoxical(do the opposite of what they are intended to do).

Is the blood pressure pill new?  Use this link, and check your drugs for interactions:

https://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.html

Trazodone doesn't get along with a lot of other medications.  So check please.  Talk with doctor if you need to, on changing the blood pressure medication.  Is it for blood pressure, or eye pressure?

Only other thing I can think of......if you have not gotten an average weight on 100 mg Trazodone pills in a long time.......then I might do that.  Do at least 3 and as many as 10.  Weigh each of them......write it down.  Then divide the total sum of weights by the number of pills you weighed.

If it's different, the average......then we can recalculate your 81 mg dose.......find out what the new weight for that will be.

I hope your daughter and grandchild are okay street.  And.  I sure hope you got a long stretch of sleep since you posted last.

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

@Altostrataits been over a year I've been doing ok at 81mg on trazodone and didn't made any attempt to taper,

for the pass 3 months my pill trazodone stop putting me to sleep and I'm getting itching from it, I'm still taking my trazodone 81mg cause I don't know what to do and I'm scared if I stopped taking it I will get withdrawal, and I don't want withdrawal....Im trying to change the manufacture that makes my Trazodone to see if a new manufacturer will make a different and help me sleep...im trying anything..Nothing until I get a new prescription.

This is weird.. At this time Im trying OTC supplements melatonin, which doesn't do much of anything

JOINED THIS BOARD AUGUST 27, 2017

250mg trazodone

250mg   Aug 21, 2017  tapering before I found SA

200mg -  Aug 21, 2017 to Aug 25, 2017 tapering before found SA

225mg -  Aug 26, 2017  updose holding

November 26, 2017. I reinstated my original dose of 250mg  trazodone..planning on holding for a very long time. No more withdrawal

June 14, 2020  at 10% 507  My first start of my trazodone 250mg  taper

6/16/20  90 mgai    7/26/20   81 mgai    9/6/20  72 mg ai 10/17/20- updose to 77 mgai  11/11/20- updose to 81 mgai  

• Administrator

If the trazodone is making you itch, you might have developed an allergy to it. If so, you will continue to itch as long as you're taking it. At a lower dose, itching may be reduced. Your choice.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.