rowinghippy

Gastrointestinal issues: small intestinal overgrowth syndromes SIBO, SIFO

tryingtosurvive
On 7/8/2019 at 12:59 AM, Cocopuffz17 said:

I follow a book called the Plant Paradox. It eliminates lectins from your diet and has been giving me great results. Just the withdrawals from this paroxetine have been tough. 

Aha, I have tried a little from that book too but as my diet is already restricted to a few things due to the horrible MCAS and histamine intolerance that came after prozac taking away all lectines too will mean I can only eat like 5 things :/... 

So I try to alternate... there is also the Wahls diet she is a doctor who got very ill in ME but got well from ME by diet!

tryingtosurvive
On 7/8/2019 at 12:59 AM, Cocopuffz17 said:

I follow a book called the Plant Paradox. It eliminates lectins from your diet and has been giving me great results. Just the withdrawals from this paroxetine have been tough. 

So no squash at all for example ? Or you alternate ? 

Cocopuffz17
3 minutes ago, tryingtosurvive said:

Aha, I have tried a little from that book too but as my diet is already restricted to a few things due to the horrible MCAS and histamine intolerance that came after prozac taking away all lectines too will mean I can only eat like 5 things :/... 

So I try to alternate... there is also the Wahls diet she is a doctor who got very ill in ME but got well from ME by diet!

Ah ic, I still find a variety of foods from the book, but I don’t know what mcas/histamine intolerance limits you to as well. I just can’t wait for paroxetine withdrawals to get better! Only time though! 

Cocopuffz17
3 minutes ago, tryingtosurvive said:

So no squash at all for example ? Or you alternate ? 

No squash. I stick to broccoli, spinach, arugula, and numerous other greens. I used to eat 3000-5000 calories daily and was constantly hungry and since switching to this lifestyle I eat between 1500-2000 and never have my tummy rumble like it used to. 

KMart95

I do the low histamine diet and the specific carbohydrate diet. It is very difficult to do both so I allow myself a little bit of histamine and a little bit of high fodmap foods here and there so that my body doesn't develop an intolerance to them from avoiding for so long. I have SIBO and histamine intolerance from withdrawal and diet makes a huge difference, especially in my mental health.

tryingtosurvive
12 hours ago, KMart95 said:

I do the low histamine diet and the specific carbohydrate diet. It is very difficult to do both so I allow myself a little bit of histamine and a little bit of high fodmap foods here and there so that my body doesn't develop an intolerance to them from avoiding for so long. I have SIBO and histamine intolerance from withdrawal and diet makes a huge difference, especially in my mental health.

This is a big dilemma for me now I don't wish to get more intolerance by avoiding but if I eat more then the "zeros" on the histaminlist I get reactions and have to take extra quercetine and/or antihistamines... so I wonder how do you reintroduced histamine foods ? And how much reactions is healthy to get ? 

Not speaking of dangerous anaphylaxis but I get swollen throat, brain fog, body pain ,stomach pain , connective tissue issues by triggering the mast cells with histamine food.....

Are you eating the "1:s" or the "2:s" when you eat histamine food ?

Very grateful to your reply or any tips on how to reintroduced histamine  foods...

Kindest regards

/trying to live...

KMart95
5 hours ago, tryingtosurvive said:

This is a big dilemma for me now I don't wish to get more intolerance by avoiding but if I eat more then the "zeros" on the histaminlist I get reactions and have to take extra quercetine and/or antihistamines... so I wonder how do you reintroduced histamine foods ? And how much reactions is healthy to get ? 

Not speaking of dangerous anaphylaxis but I get swollen throat, brain fog, body pain ,stomach pain , connective tissue issues by triggering the mast cells with histamine food.....

Are you eating the "1:s" or the "2:s" when you eat histamine food ?

Very grateful to your reply or any tips on how to reintroduced histamine  foods...

Kindest regards

/trying to live...

I'm not sure about that list, I have never heard of it so i'm not sure what the numbers mean. But basically I will have an orange every now and then , or half an avocado type of thing. I will do it when I feel like the histamine in my body is under control. I'm sure you already know but having histamine intolerance is like a bucket and everyone's body has different tolerance levels. The goal is to not let the bucket overflow and have a bad reaction. But if I just have something small every now and then my histamine bucket remains low and I usually only get mild symptoms. I am lucky that I don't go into anaphalaxis but I do get an itchy mouth and throat, swollen lymph nodes, blocked ears, swollen sinuses, excess mucus, watery burning eyes, headaches and a slew of neurological problems if I overdo it.

tryingtosurvive
6 hours ago, KMart95 said:

I'm not sure about that list, I have never heard of it so i'm not sure what the numbers mean. But basically I will have an orange every now and then , or half an avocado type of thing. I will do it when I feel like the histamine in my body is under control. I'm sure you already know but having histamine intolerance is like a bucket and everyone's body has different tolerance levels. The goal is to not let the bucket overflow and have a bad reaction. But if I just have something small every now and then my histamine bucket remains low and I usually only get mild symptoms. I am lucky that I don't go into anaphalaxis but I do get an itchy mouth and throat, swollen lymph nodes, blocked ears, swollen sinuses, excess mucus, watery burning eyes, headaches and a slew of neurological problems if I overdo it.

Yes I have heard of that histaminetheory but eating even the smallest piece of advokade or orange is out of question.  I will get a reaction instantly :*(...  maybe the bucket theory doesn't work once there is a mast cell activation disorder?

This is what damage Prozac gave me :(( I use to eat everything... I really miss alot of foods like fish , chocolate, coffee,... cheese etcetera etc!..:*(

The list I am talking about is the list used in Europe among ppl and doctors working with histamine issues :

https://www.histaminintoleranz.ch/en/downloads.html#foodlist

KMart95
31 minutes ago, tryingtosurvive said:

Yes I have heard of that histaminetheory but eating even the smallest piece of advokade or orange is out of question.  I will get a reaction instantly :*(...  maybe the bucket theory doesn't work once there is a mast cell activation disorder?

This is what damage Prozac gave me :(( I use to eat everything... I really miss alot of foods like fish , chocolate, coffee,... cheese etcetera etc!..:*(

The list I am talking about is the list used in Europe among ppl and doctors working with histamine issues :

https://www.histaminintoleranz.ch/en/downloads.html#foodlist

Maybe that is true ! I'm sure it is different for mast cell. I'm not sure which one I have. I know a lot of people with mast cell take medications such as Cromolyn or Ketotifen to make symptoms a little more manageable. Perhaps became I am on a very small dose of Prozac I am able to tolerate a little more histamine than I could before I reinstated. I don't know what it is about Prozac specifically that causes all of these problems for us ;( I will have a look at that list, thank you!

tryingtosurvive
14 hours ago, KMart95 said:

Maybe that is true ! I'm sure it is different for mast cell. I'm not sure which one I have. I know a lot of people with mast cell take medications such as Cromolyn or Ketotifen to make symptoms a little more manageable. Perhaps became I am on a very small dose of Prozac I am able to tolerate a little more histamine than I could before I reinstated. I don't know what it is about Prozac specifically that causes all of these problems for us ;( I will have a look at that list, thank you!

I took Prozac for 14 years and they started me in that **** when I was a teenager cause I had anorexia. Was never depressed before the Prozac   :*(

Well mast cells have serotonin receptors ... so since the SSRI impacts these and if you do that long enough ... no one really knows what happens ..but that's only one of many reasons why we are so damaged as we are after SSRI...

And sad as I am to have to take medication again... but my body ended up so bad that they had to put me on ketotifen so taking that now...  It doesn't help at all with the food allergies  though, but the bodily cramps are gone so I can get out of bed again...

Junglechicken

I'm likely back on this bandwagon too 🤪

Testing required to find out what's going on with my gut.

19 months out from last dose of Lexapro.

Gut issues triggered by stress (as usual).

Cathy4
13 hours ago, Junglechicken said:

19 months out from last dose of Lexapro.

Congratulations, @Junglechicken.

Did you have gut issues while coming off the Lexapro as well?  I’m having awful gut problems and it doesn’t even seem to matter that I’ve omitted wheat & dairy.  I’m trying to figure out what I can do, what I can eat.  
Cathy

Cocopuffz17
12 minutes ago, Cathy4 said:

Did you have gut issues while coming off the Lexapro as well?  I’m having awful gut problems and it doesn’t even seem to matter that I’ve omitted wheat & dairy.  I’m trying to figure out what I can do, what I can eat.  
Cathy

Check out The Plant Paradox by Dr.Gundry.  I am 12 months off of paroxetine now because of this nutrition lifestyle. These medication absolutely cause havoc in our gut. A majority of our serotonin is there. 

Cathy4
4 minutes ago, Cocopuffz17 said:

Check out The Plant Paradox by Dr.Gundry.  I am 12 months off of paroxetine now because of this nutrition lifestyle. These medication absolutely cause havoc in our gut. A majority of our serotonin is there. 

Thank you so much, @Cocopuffz17, I have heard of that but haven’t tried strictly following his protocol.  I will try that.  I really appreciate your help.  

Cocopuffz17
7 minutes ago, Cathy4 said:

Thank you so much, @Cocopuffz17, I have heard of that but haven’t tried strictly following his protocol.  I will try that.  I really appreciate your help.  

Not a problem! It is the only variable I changed with this attempt of coming off the medication as opposed to the other 3 times I failed. It is the reason I had the courage to finally get off this drug. 

You are welcome! 

Junglechicken
5 hours ago, Cathy4 said:

Cathy

@Cathy4 yes I did have issues coming off Lexapro.

At the moment I'm struggling to tolerate anything.

These are the worst issues I have had since getting involved with Lexapro.

Uggh!

Cathy4
19 hours ago, Junglechicken said:

At the moment I'm struggling to tolerate anything.

I’m really sorry to hear this, @Junglechicken.  I wish so much that it were a case of “okay, now that the drug is done, withdrawal is done.”  I try to explain this to people but they don’t believe it.  

I hope your late wave & awful gut issues pass soon.  
Cathy

Junglechicken
3 hours ago, Cathy4 said:

I’m really sorry to hear this, @Junglechicken.  I wish so much that it were a case of “okay, now that the drug is done, withdrawal is done.”  I try to explain this to people but they don’t believe it.  

I hope your late wave & awful gut issues pass soon.  
Cathy

Thank you Cathy, so do i 👍

Unfortunately, "it is, what it is", so I have to go through the testing phase and find out what's going on.

I hope you find relief soon yourself.