GiaK

SURVEY Antipsychotic Withdrawal – Will Hall for his PhD - please complete and share

GiaK
Posted (edited)

Direct link to survey:  http://www.antipsychoticwithdrawalsurvey.com/

Survey on Antipsychotic Medication Withdrawal –  https://beyondmeds.com/2018/05/29/survey-on-antipsychotic-medication-withdrawal-please-take-and-share/ 

contribute if you can to this collection of information since we really need it. the public is finally learning about antidpressants and benzos but those coming off antipsychotics are up against even more pressure to stay on and not come off safely....

Led by Will Hall at Maastricht University

THANK YOU!

Edited by ChessieCat
added direct link

manymoretodays

Done!  It took me 45 minutes to 1 hour.  Hopefully the results will be shared here at SA.  I asked if they would be as we ARE.  ALL. IN. THIS. TOGETHER. 

Thanks GiaK.

signed: happily medication free!!!!

Love, peace, healing/inrecovery, and growth, and recent grief processing,

mmt

Marsha
2 hours ago, GiaK said:

Survey on Antipsychotic Medication Withdrawal –  https://beyondmeds.com/2018/05/29/survey-on-antipsychotic-medication-withdrawal-please-take-and-share/ 

contribute if you can to this collection of information since we really need it. the public is finally learning about antidpressants and benzos but those coming off antipsychotics are up against even more pressure to stay on and not come off safely....

Led by Will Hall at Maastricht University

THANK YOU!

Thank you Gia. Just finished the survey. 

GiaK

it will take a while...the last study I was involved with took a couple of years to play out...but yes, I will post the results here once that happens! they'll be posted on my site, too, I'm sure. thank you for participating...  (actually this isn't really a study so maybe it won't take that long...it's really a culling of information) 

and yes, it's a long survey...but one can come and go and not do it all in one sitting. (as long as you have cookies enabled on your browser)

bubbles

Has there been one about antidepressants , @GiaK?

dj2010

ive filled this one out,

data17

I've just done it 😀

Got a bit confused because I've taken different meds at different times and had different experiences stopping...so my answers may seem inconsistent.

GiaK
3 hours ago, bubbles said:

Has there been one about antidepressants , @GiaK?

there was one in the New Zealand and there

these are the visual results:

the largest ever survey of antidepressant withdrawal experiences by @ReadReadj et al, 2017

withdrawal.png

GiaK
1 hour ago, data17 said:

I've just done it 😀

Got a bit confused because I've taken different meds at different times and had different experiences stopping...so my answers may seem inconsistent.

yeah, mine got crazy too...I came off 6 drugs...from all classes...

bubbles

Thanks Gia.

Shep
On 5/30/2018 at 10:02 AM, GiaK said:

yeah, mine got crazy too...I came off 6 drugs...from all classes...

GiaK, thanks for letting us know about the survey. I, too, came off a cocktail of 6 drugs . . . .

I took the survey. I could really "feel" Will Hall's influence in the survey, especially his urban shamanism, as he allowed for the mystical, the voices and altered states, that might have had a guiding influence on the decision to withdraw and on the overall experience. That not everything about the so-called "psychotic" experience is bad and needs to be drugged out, along with the person. 

And the survey allowed for the more practical, as well. 

So different than other surveys. I felt "liberated" and "validated".

Very nicely done. I look forward to reading the results. 

And, of course, seeing more and more people freed from these toxic drug cages. 

GiaK

Hi Shep, yay! so good to hear. 

Also since you like the urban shamanism thing you might like what I'm working on with couple of friends. We'll be launching soon. A community for folks who experience altered states (diagnosed or not...in all their myriad forms) -- anyone who resonates with the work is welcome too... That we might support one another and heal in a society that tells us our experiences are pathological -- we can harness  them and learn to embrace and thrive with the gifts that might also sometimes be experienced as burdens. 

stay tuned! I think we're doing the initial launch in a couple of weeks. (I'll be posting on Everything Matters: Beyond Meds about that too....and mentioned it recently in the post about the dx/label Bipolar) 

as we come off these drugs we're hoping people will find safe places to learn how to be who we are meant to be...with the support we all deserve. 

Shep
1 hour ago, GiaK said:

Also since you like the urban shamanism thing you might like what I'm working on with couple of friends. We'll be launching soon. A community for folks who experience altered states (diagnosed or not...in all their myriad forms) -- anyone who resonates with the work is welcome too... That we might support one another and heal in a society that tells us our experiences are pathological -- we can harness  them and learn to embrace and thrive with the gifts that might also sometimes be experienced as burdens. 

Sounds good.  I'm on your email list for Beyond Meds, so I look forward to reading more about this. 

Happy2Heal

took the survey, it was hard because I have such a long and complicated history but he gave a lot of opportunities to explain what happened and why.

I am eager to see the results.

I was originally given first generation anti psychotics as a chemical restraint in a small psych ward where I'd been committed and NOT for any psychotic symptoms

I was in fact suffering from PTSD and probably a little depression.

I was later given the diagnosis of schizophrenic based off being given that first antipsychotic, as well as my symptoms of PTSD, before PTSD recognized in abuse survivors.

I was later given antipsychotics to deal with the side effects and/or the withdrawal symptoms of other psych drugs!

what a confusing mess!!

I was simply over drugged and inappropriately drugged for over 2/3 of my life

it's criminal, really.

GiaK

I"m sorry Happy2Heal. Me too. Hopefully this sort of info will help future generations avoid what we went through. Thank you for participating. 

manymoretodays

5 star out of 5 being most excellent rating.  GiaK.  Just listened.  Will repeat a few times no doubt.

"Getting out of my own way"

"Coming to terms with the paradoxes and acceptance of"

"Spiritual emergence and emergencies"  ❤️  !!!!!

.......and all the rest........!!!!!!!

Sheppie, can't wait to see your response.

Thank you for all you do.......all of us.....and hugs

Love,

mmt

ChessieCat
5 hours ago, Campervan41 said:

Will Hall (Maastricht University) has this survey on Beyond Meds at the moment for users of antipsychotic medications. It is for Will’s Phd and explores withdrawal from medications, please consider doing the survey it takes about 30 minutes. 

http://www.antipsychoticwithdrawalsurvey.com/

Kristine

Thank you for posting this CC....I have completed the survey