Devajebrdaid: sleepiness, fatigue, tiredness, lethargy

Devajebrdaid

Hi!

I'm new to this forum.

What are your best natural remedies for sleepiness and fatigue?

I've been taking Sertraline 100mg since 2014. I'm now down to 50mg and my energy levels are low.

So far, I've been using B-Complex and Fish Oil supplements as well as exercise to combat this, but I was wondering if anyone has any other remedies for this?

Kind regards,

P.

Edited by Devajebrdaid
spelling

Began taking Sertraline in 2013.

Decided to taper off in June 2018.

• ChessieCat changed the title to Devajebrdaid: Sleepiness, fatigue, tiredness, lethargy
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi Devajebrdaid, welcome to SA. Can you tell us when you started to taper sertraline?  How were you feeling before you started to taper?  Sleepiness and fatigue can be side effects of a drug, and get better as the dose lowers, but they can also be a withdrawal symptom too. A side effect will lessen as the dose lowers but withdrawal could need an updose. Getting it right can be tricky which is why we ask a lot of questions! 

How have you felt while tapering? Do you take any other drugs, on prescription or over the counter? How do you sleep, do you have a good sleep routine? 

I would hold the dose for a while and see if that makes a difference. We only recommend magnesium and fish oil here at SA. Most of the others are very expensive and end up in a drawer! B vitamins are not always tolerated very well, maybe try and leave off them for a while to see if that helps. 

We ask all our members to fill in their signature, you can find instructions here.. 

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/12364-please-put-your-withdrawal-history-in-your-signature/?tab=comments#comment-366426

What is withdrawal syndrome 

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/603-what-is-withdrawal-syndrome/

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

Hi MammaP,

Thank you for your reply. I started to taper in June. Felt really great before I decided to taper (hence why I decided I was ready in the first place). I have generally felt fine mentally while tapering, but lately, as of last week, I've noticed that many of my old depressive symptoms are back: OCD-like behaviour (having to do something a certain way, perfectionism, biting my nails and the inside of my mouth, scratching my skin), tearfulness, inability to concentrate, intrusive thoughts, feeling like my mind is split into two - a 'good' side which is doing everything it can to make me feel good and a 'bad' side which is constantly trying to keep me, or my 'good' side, from succeeding. Lately, I've also struggled a bit with irritability and controlling my emotions. I feel really confused about who I am and a bit lonely in all of this (I don't have a support network), but I'm hoping that these symptoms will subdue/disappear with time and with continuous effort from my 'good' side - I have changed my diet (no sugar and dairy) and I try to exercise every day (some days I go for a walk, some days I run for a bit). I am also doing my best to maintain a healthy sleep schedule.

I take thyroxine. Been doing so since I was 15, I think. I would say that I have a decent sleep routine. I mean, there's always room for improvement, but generally speaking, I try to go to bed early/when the sun goes down. I try to have some tea before bed. I also take Magnesium. And I try to stay away from electronics, but that's a bit difficult because Youtube/TV is usually what distracts me the best/tires me out when my head is spinning around. I am currently trying to read a book before bed as well, but I find it really challenging to maintain focus on what I'm reading, especially when my intrusive thoughts pop-up all the time.

Began taking Sertraline in 2013.

Decided to taper off in June 2018.

• 6 months later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi Devajebrdaid, 

How are you doing?💚

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg✔️ 2020➡️From 5.60 to 4.80✔️ 2021➡️From 4.60 to 4.0✔️ 2022➡️From 3.95 to 3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️
2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

• ChessieCat changed the title to Devajebrdaid: sleepiness, fatigue, tiredness, lethargy