Gracee

Gracee: withdrawing from Paxil

Gracee
11 hours ago, JackieDecides said:

I hear you, do what you need to and take care of yourself. 

hugs,

Jackie

@JackieDecides,  I'll be back.  I was getting overwhelmed by so much reading here.   I tend to overdo everything.   Take care...  See you in a bit. 

Carmie

Hi Gracee, 

Self care is important. We need to focus on our own healing too. 💚

Gracee

Update:

Stopping by to say I am so happy with this taper.   I feel better than I have in months.   I  keep waiting for bad symptoms but they are not happening.    It's like waiting for the other shoe to drop.    

G.

RachelSusan

That's great Gracee. It's always wonderful to hear good news.

Carmie
11 minutes ago, Gracee said:

Update:

Stopping by to say I am so happy with this taper.   I feel better than I have in months.   I  keep waiting for bad symptoms but they are not happening.    It's like waiting for the other shoe to drop.    

G.

So glad you’re doing so well Gracee, 

See you will succeed this time. Just because you didn’t three times before doesn’t mean you can’t now with the right advice and tapering schedule. 

Go girl!😁💚

Gracee

Taper Day 13

Brief periods of anxiety.   Aware of tinnitus in evenings.   Feeling intolerant and impatient, so watching my behavior towards others.

Gracee
On 3/14/2019 at 9:07 PM, Carmie said:

So glad you’re doing so well Gracee, 

See you will succeed this time. Just because you didn’t three times before doesn’t mean you can’t now with the right advice and tapering schedule. 

Go girl!😁💚

@Carmie, I can't thank you enough for your encouragement and your faith in me.   Sending you hugs and loving thoughts.

Gracee
On 3/14/2019 at 9:03 PM, RachelSusan said:

That's great Gracee. It's always wonderful to hear good news.

@RachelSusan, Thank you for your encouragement,.   Hugs and best wishes to you

JackieDecides
21 hours ago, Gracee said:

Taper Day 13

Brief periods of anxiety.   Aware of tinnitus in evenings.   Feeling intolerant and impatient, so watching my behavior towards others.

I hope things get better and glad you are handling it as well as you are. 

big hugs to you!

Gracee
20 hours ago, JackieDecides said:

I hope things get better and glad you are handling it as well as you are. 

big hugs to you!

Thanks @JackieDecides,  It seems that many feelings are intensified in WD.   When I feel cracky or impatient, I try to remember a slogan of mine:  "Do all things with kindness".

JackieDecides

that is an excellent slogan. 😍

Hopefulstill

Hi Gracee,

Just stopping in to say hello.   I use slogans too to help me not react quickly.  I have lots of anxiety too and intolerance, but I guess its all part of the brain trying to regain its stability.  I am tapering from Paxil like you so I understand.  You are doing very well!

Gracee

😀Hi @Hopefulstill,  Thanks for stopping by.  Slogans help, for sure.   So, like you, I use them a lot to help get me through the day.   Anxiety is a monster and I loathe struggling with it.  Thankfully, there are periods of calm during WD where we can find some joy.

I wish you all the best in your recovery.   We are kindred spirits and I hope you will continue to stop by from time to time.  

HUGS

G.

Gracee

5 hours ago, JackieDecides said:

that is an excellent slogan. 😍

@JackieDecides, Well, thank you my Friend.   Here are a few corny ones that I like:

* Take the garbage out twice, it becomes your job forever.

* Blessed are they with nothing to say and the wisdom not to say it.

HUGS,

G.

Hopefulstill
14 minutes ago, Gracee said:

😀Hi @Hopefulstill,  Thanks for stopping by.  Slogans help, for sure.   So, like you, I use them a lot to help get me through the day.   Anxiety is a monster and I loathe struggling with it.  Thankfully, there are periods of calm during WD where we can find some joy.

I wish you all the best in your recovery.   We are kindred spirits and I hope you will continue to stop by from time to time.  

HUGS

G.

Yes we are kindred spirits.  It helps a lot to share what's going on with each other.  Don't feel so alone that way.  I am still learning how to get around on here so if I am doing things wrong, don't mind me. I wish you all the best and hope to talk again!

Gracee

Just when I figured I had my WD figured out, I realize I really don't  know much at all.

Rough day with anxiety and jitters, difficulty focusing, foggy head and the big T (tinnitus).  I guess I should call it a wave.

Because first 16 days of this taper were pretty ease, I fooled myself into believing the next few weeks would be smooth.  Nope, nope and nope.    OK, so now...accept, distract and float.   Tomorrow will be mostly a day of rest and self-care.  

G.

JackieDecides

I'm sorry it's getting rough, Gracee

1 minute ago, Gracee said:

tomorrow will be mostly a day of rest and self-care.  

🤗

Gracee
1 minute ago, JackieDecides said:

I'm sorry it's getting rough, Gracee

🤗

@JackieDecides

Thanks Jackie,  This is a good lesson in humility.  Hope you are OK and hanging in there.  HUGS.

Carmie

Hi Gracee, 

I’m sorry you’ve hit a wave, but that’s how our brains heal themselves, windows and waves. As you said, accept, distract and float is the way to go. I’m glad you’re planning lots of self care. 💚

Gracee

Day 19 of Taper

After that rough day a few days ago, I've had three good days.   Early mornings are difficult with some routine WD symptoms.   I get out of bed about 7:30 a.m. feeling anxious and foggy and groggy and all I want to do is lay down again.  But don't give into that desire.   Forcing myself to get busy and begin my daily routine relieves the discomfort.   Going back to bed seems to prolong my anxiety, brain fog, etc.  

So, I am keeping busy doing yard work and house projects, walking and playing a few card games.  The activity seems to make WD symptoms go away.

Gracee
On 3/21/2019 at 2:54 AM, Carmie said:

Hi Gracee, 

I’m sorry you’ve hit a wave, but that’s how our brains heal themselves, windows and waves. As you said, accept, distract and float is the way to go. I’m glad you’re planning lots of self care. 💚

Thanks @Carmie,  You've taught me so much.  Can't thank you enough for your wisdom and insight and for checking up on me.

HUGS to you kiddo!

G.

Carmie
8 hours ago, Gracee said:

Thanks @Carmie,  You've taught me so much.  Can't thank you enough for your wisdom and insight and for checking up on me.

HUGS to you kiddo!

G.

You’re very welcome Gracee, 

Hugs back to you🤗

JackieDecides

thanks for the hugs, Gracee, and I'm glad you had three good days in a row!

14 hours ago, Gracee said:

Forcing myself to get busy and begin my daily routine relieves the discomfort.

you always set us a good example, I appreciate that. 

😍