Hi.

I've been on Paxil for 22 years with a few unsuccessful WDs in the past. I finally learnt that I was going way to fast so began during the 10% method from 15mg, everything was going well until I got to 7mg. I noticed that my last few prescriptions, I was constantly given a different generic and im sure my severe reaction was not only WD, but from being given yet another generic that I'd never has in the past ( paroxetine made by Milamed) as it coincides with the start of my severe WDs that started at the beginning of Feb 2019, I tried desperately to ride the storm but it got so severe with an endless list of symptoms that left me bedridden and had to give up work. 3 months of insomnia, anxiety,  intrusive thoughts, panic, severe chest discomfort,  etc left me wanting to end my life and I was taken to ER 3 times, they wanted to admit me to the psyche ward and I refused so each time, I went back home. 

From the 14th of May, 3 new meds were added....

Zoplicone.. to which I was grateful because i hadnt slept in months so have been taking half 375mg since.

Quietiapine 25mg... to which I took for 5 days, then got scared and started tapering down and now on 8mg.

Valium... I've been taking anything from 0.50mg daily to 4mg daily to try and take off the edge but obviously hasn't done much as mainly only taken 1 to 2mg on average for the past 4 weeks and now trying to taper that as to scared to just stop. On 1.3mg and trying not to keep switching doses. The only reason I kept switching as I never intended them to be permanent so wasn't paying much attention. As you can probably guess, I'm extremely cautious and trying so desperately not to rely on other meds and have a strong hate to big pharma.

To add more confusion to what was once only 10 to 15mg of Paxil daily, I now have 3 other meds in the mix.

And now it gets complicated...

After hitting severe WD on the generic paroxetine from the 8th of Feb 2019, I updosed as follows...

29th April 19.... updosed to 8.5mg

07th May 19.... updosed to 9.5mg

14th May 19.... updosed to 10.4mg

29th May 19.... switched from generic brand to GSK Seroxat Paxil and stayed at 10.4mg and holding.

The reason for my switch was because I had to decide on one brand and stick to it after finding out that generics can vary and I was so mad that my pharmacist kept giving me different generics. I strongly believe that the last one was bad and aided massively to my severe WD.

Well,  since switching to the GSK Seroxat Paxil, a new kind of hell broke lose, it felt so much stronger my head felt it was going to explode. It has been absolutely horrendous and I'm struggling to hold on and to make things more complicated,  I don't know if the added meds are making things even worse.

I'm so desperate to reach some stability and now know that messing with the other doses have probably not helped at all but was so desperate not to rely on other poisons.

I don't know what to do to make things better, it's been a month since updosing but only 2 weeks on the GSK paxil and it's not working.

Please can someone advise me??? Help me???

I feel like I've had an adverse reaction and being given more meds on a sensitized nervous system only complicated matters further... so desperate to know a way out. I would of given up if I didn't have an amazing 14 year old Son.

I'm so sorry for the complication of my story and would truly appreciate if someone can offer some advise. 

I so wish I'd just held but I was so so desperate.

Thank you so much for reading, I appreciate that others are going through hell too and it's such a lonely frustrating painful journey x

1987 20mg Paxil reduced to 10mg after a year, 15mg after 3 or 4 failed tapers

Feb 2019-7mg,   29th April- 8.5mg, 07th May- 9.5mg, 14th May- 10.4mg 10mg-holding.

May 2019 Valium 0.50mg daily to 5mg daily variable , 4th Jun 1mg and holding.

31/07/19. From .60 to 40mg 9am. From .40 to 50mg 9pm

May 2019 Quietiapine 25mg tapered to 4mg and holding.

May 2019 Zoplicone 3.75mg and hold. 31/07/19. Reduced to 3.40mg 10pm.

.375mg 9am.

1000mg  Vytox Krill oil with breakfast. 500mg with dinner.

400mg Doctors Best Magnesium split breakfast/dinner.

1000mg vit D3 after breakfast

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amanda167

• Shep

• Sassenach

• Anthony75

Top Posters In This Topic

A completed mess... Paxil reinstatement plus added meds

Hi.

I've been on Paxil for 22 years with a few unsuccessful WDs in the past. I finally learnt that I was going way to fast so began during the 10% method from 15mg, everything was going well until I got to 7mg. I noticed that my last few prescriptions, I was constantly given a different generic and im sure my severe reaction was not only WD, but from being given yet another generic that I'd never has in the past ( paroxetine made by Milamed) as it coincides with the start of my severe WDs that started at the beginning of Feb 2019, I tried desperately to ride the storm but it got so severe with an endless list of symptoms that left me bedridden and had to give up work. 3 months of insomnia, anxiety,  intrusive thoughts, panic, severe chest discomfort,  etc left me wanting to end my life and I was taken to ER 3 times, they wanted to admit me to the psyche ward and I refused so each time, I went back home. 

From the 14th of May, 3 new meds were added....

Zoplicone.. to which I was grateful because i hadnt slept in months so have been taking half 375mg since.

Quietiapine 25mg... to which I took for 5 days, then got scared and started tapering down and now on 8mg.

Valium... I've been taking anything from 0.50mg daily to 4mg daily to try and take off the edge but obviously hasn't done much as mainly only taken 1 to 2mg on average for the past 4 weeks and now trying to taper that as to scared to just stop. On 1.3mg and trying not to keep switching doses. The only reason I kept switching as I never intended them to be permanent so wasn't paying much attention. As you can probably guess, I'm extremely cautious and trying so desperately not to rely on other meds and have a strong hate to big pharma.

To add more confusion to what was once only 10 to 15mg of Paxil daily, I now have 3 other meds in the mix.

And now it gets complicated...

After hitting severe WD on the generic paroxetine from the 8th of Feb 2019, I updosed as follows...

29th May 19.... switched from generic brand to GSK Seroxat Paxil and stayed at 10.4mg and holding.

The reason for my switch was because I had to decide on one brand and stick to it after finding out that generics can vary and I was so mad that my pharmacist kept giving me different generics. I strongly believe that the last one was bad and aided massively to my severe WD.

Well,  since switching to the GSK Seroxat Paxil, a new kind of hell broke lose, it felt so much stronger my head felt it was going to explode. It has been absolutely horrendous and I'm struggling to hold on and to make things more complicated,  I don't know if the added meds are making things even worse.

I'm so desperate to reach some stability and now know that messing with the other doses have probably not helped at all but was so desperate not to rely on other poisons.

I don't know what to do to make things better, it's been a month since updosing but only 2 weeks on the GSK paxil and it's not working.

Please can someone advise me??? Help me???

I feel like I've had an adverse reaction and being given more meds on a sensitized nervous system only complicated matters further... so desperate to know a way out. I would of given up if I didn't have an amazing 14 year old Son.

I'm so sorry for the complication of my story and would truly appreciate if someone can offer some advise. 

I so wish I'd just held but I was so so desperate.

Thank you so much for reading, I appreciate that others are going through hell too and it's such a lonely frustrating painful journey x

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic title

Feb 2019-7mg,   29th April- 8.5mg, 07th May- 9.5mg, 14th May- 10.4mg 10mg-holding.

.375mg 9am.

• Administrator

Welcome, Amanda.

What times of day do you take your drugs, and their dosages?

Do you feel better or worse after you take your daily Paxil? How do your symptoms change?

Is the quetiapine doing anything for you?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Hi Altostrata 

Thanks for responding 

I take all meds as follows..

11am ... 0.60mg valium

7pm ... 0.40mg valium

Trying to taper this, was thinking of lowering 2nd dose 1st

9.30pm ... 6.25mg quetiapine 

Also tapered from 25mg, only been 4/5 weeks so want to stop this

9.30pm ... 10mg GSK Seroxat Paxil 

10pm ... 375mg Zoplicone for sleep

Started all meds on the 14th of May apart from the Paxil 

Switched to the GSK Seroxat Paxil on the 29th of April and symptoms took on a new level of hell from switching from a generic, like it felt much stronger 

I've been having severe SI, very low moods, severe chest, throat and face tingling,  burning and severely distressing discomfort which I think is caused by 4 months of acute anxiety.

I haven't had any windows except maybe a few seconds here and there.

As I take the Paxil at night, not sure how I feel upon taking it.

The mornings are really tough, don't want to awake, wake up to very intrusive thoughts and a feeling of hopelessness and despair.

Not sure about the quetiapine either because I only took the 25mg for 4 days before I got scared of adding another med to my already sensitized system so now only on 6mg and reducing slowly.

I think reducing the valium and quetiapine rapidly may have caused added stress and WD symptoms but so scared of being on more meds when I've only been on the Paxil.

Pretty sure it was a bad generic that sent me into severe withdrawals, been in hell since February with every listed symptom going.

I don't want to wake up another day feeling last this. The depression has kicked in and I feel so stuck. It's been 3 weeks since updosing to 10mg of the GSK paxil but about 7 weeks since updosing to 10mg from the generic paroxetine.

I feel like I've cold turkeyed. Not sure what to do anymore.

Symptoms this week have been severe. I only look forward to sleep.

Tremors, palpatations, SI, low mood, chest burning anxiety constant, upset stomach have been the main symptoms lately.

It's been 4 months now.

Should I still wait to stabalise??

Desperately struggling 

Many thanks 

Amanda xx

.375mg 9am.

• Administrator
13 hours ago, Amanda167 said:

Switched to the GSK Seroxat Paxil on the 29th of April and symptoms took on a new level of hell from switching from a generic, like it felt much stronger 

What felt stronger? Which symptoms got worse?

Why do you take the larger amount of Valium in the morning? If I were you, I'd plan to reduce Valium last.

Please don't make any changes in any of your drugs, we need to get a baseline symptom pattern. Please keep daily notes of times of day you take your drugs, their dosages, and your symptoms. You can post them in this topic with a simple list format with time of day on the left and notation (symptom, drug and dosage) on the right.

To help us out, follow these instructions Please put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature You may need to use a computer to do this.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Hi Altostrata 

Thanks for responding. 

June 1987 to date.. started on 20mg of Paxil, mainly stayed between 10mg to 15mg over past 20 years.

Tried to quit at least 3 times. Unsuccessful. My last taper I got to 7mg on a 10% monthly reduction and crashed badly the beginning of February 2019 which put me in hellish WDs that continuously worsened. The pharmacist kept giving me different generics and I believe the last brand made by Milamed caused so sort of adverse reaction, was feeling great until this brand switch.

After 3 ER visits in early May 2019, the psyche unit gave me Zoplicone, valium and quetiapine to take.

I started taking all of the above on the 14th May 2019.

The quetiapine I took for only 5 days at 25mg and decided I didn't want it so started to reduce on the 20th of May 2019, so in 3 weeks, I've reduced to a quarter of a pill (6.25mg) 

The Zoplicone I have taken every night since the 14th of May but only half dose 375mg.

The valium is a little tricky as I was taking daily anything from 0.5mg to 5mg but wasn't keeping record.

I then changed my brand of paroxetine to the GSK Seroxat Paxil on the 29th of May as I needed to decide a brand and stick to it as I believe this has caused problems keep changing. I increased my valium daily from this point as felt so desperate, I updosed to between 3mg to 5mg daily from the 29th of May until the 04th of June and now taking 1mg daily, tapered down from 3mg daily the past 3 weeks. Now feel like I'm in WD from valium too.

HOW HAVE SYMPTOMS WORSENED SINCE GSK PAXIL 

It's been 3 weeks since changing to the GSK Seroxat Paxil. On the 1st day, I awoke to severe head, chest burning anxiety and discomfort,  low mood, SI, nausea, tremors, severe agitation, weakness, dizziness, crying fits and so weak, exhausted and traumatised. I had these symptoms previously but everything was intensified to another level.

I updosed on the 29th of April from 7mg to 8mg ( generic paroxetine)

I updosed again on the 7th of May to 9mg (generic)

I updosed again on the 14th of May from 9mg to 10mg (generic) ( The same day I started the valium, zoplicone and Quetiapine)

I'm the 29th of May 2019, I switched the brand to GSK Seroxat Paxil and stayed on 10mg.

From today 22nd June 2019

I'm taking as follows...

11am. 0.60mg Valium

7pm. 0.40mg valium 

9pm. 10mg GSK Paxil 

9pm. 6.25mg quetiapine 

9.30pm. 375mg Zoplicone 

NOT SURE WHY MORE VALIUM IN AM, was trying to stop the PM dose. 

I'm getting worse if anything,  some of the physical symptoms have eased but the chest, throat, face and tongue tingling,  pressure and severe discomfort are relentless, the low mood and SI is overwhelming. I am constantly in fear,  crying fits, palpatations. 

I've been in WD for 4 and a half months and I'm hurting so so bad. I'm a single mother to a beautiful boy and I'm usually a happy positive person, now I'm broken and can't imagine what it feels like to be back to me.

Can't work and afraid losing everything. Can get out occasionally with massive force, mornings are hell and I dread awakening to the same pain, hurt and low moods.

Please help!

I know I've messed with my doses because I became frightened of having more poison to withdraw from.

My nervous system is sensitized to the max.

Thanks for reading. Xx

Edited by ChessieCat
resized font

.375mg 9am.

• 4 weeks later...

Topic title:  Tapering Z drug before valium

Hi guys

Question, has anyone tapered valium before a Z drug like Zopliclone. Been on both via a ER visit in April. I've tapered the valium to 1mg daily rapidly and in bad WD which I was already in Paxil WD so suffering badly.

Now I've heard a Z drug should be tapered 1st.. has anyone done it the other way around??? Really don't want to go valium, it makes me depressed.

Any advice greatly appreciated x

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic title/resized font

.375mg 9am.

• Administrator

You probably will need to continue to take Valium for a while, for the Paxil withdrawal symptoms. The dosage needs to be adjusted to reduce the side effects.

You are now taking 3 drugs for sleep: Valium, zopiclone, Seroquel -- plus Paxil. How are you sleeping?

It's possible you are experiencing symptoms from drug interactions. Please put ALL your drugs in the Drug Interactions Checker https://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.php
and copy and paste the results or a link to them in this topic.

On 6/20/2019 at 3:46 PM, Altostrata said:

What felt stronger? Which symptoms got worse?

Why do you take the larger amount of Valium in the morning? If I were you, I'd plan to reduce Valium last.

Please don't make any changes in any of your drugs, we need to get a baseline symptom pattern. Please keep daily notes of times of day you take your drugs, their dosages, and your symptoms. You can post them in this topic with a simple list format with time of day on the left and notation (symptom, drug and dosage) on the right.

To help us out, follow these instructions Please put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature You may need to use a computer to do this.

That baseline symptom pattern is crucial to interpreting your drug effects. I cannot answer your questions without seeing your daily drug schedule and symptom  pattern together, with times of day for each element.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello Amanda

When you are feeling rotten the last thing you feel like doing is paperwork.

However without the information alto has asked you for it is impossible to analyse your situation.

Take your time during the day and work through methodically.

If you can get it all posted by late afternoon UK time the mods will be on this evening.

If you need any help come back to the site someone is always here.

Good luck sassenach

Edited by Sassenach
Missed word

Escitalopram 10mgs from mid 2007 ( can't remember exact date) to 11th Dec 2018

Fentanyl patches ( don't remember dose ) from Nov 2014 to 11 Dec 2018

Quit both cold turkey Dec 2018

Reinstated 3rd March 2019 2.5 mgs.

Updosed  8March to 5mgs and holding

25/11/19 Started taper 4.5mgs and holding

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner

If you are going through Hell, keep going. NCIS series 15, David MaCallum:rolleyes:

Hi 

I listed all the meds I'm taking in my signature, are they not showing?

I'm very sick right now.

The meds are showing moderate reactions but think you're right, I need to reduce the Zoplicone before the valium, only on 1mg of valium.

I need help, I'm so sick and getting worse daily.

.375mg 9am.

Hi Sassenach

I filled in the drug signature, is it not showing???

I'm confused.

Thanks, Amanda 

.375mg 9am.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello Amanda

Your signature is now showing thank you.

Sassanach

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner

If you are going through Hell, keep going. NCIS series 15, David MaCallum:rolleyes:

Thank you.

In a really bad way. Very afraid I've tapered both the valium and quetiapine to fast.

Been in severe WD for 5 months from firstly Paxil,  now this!

My heart and head feels like they're gonna explode, nausea so bad, can't leave house.

The only little bit of relief is half hour after I take the zoplicone so I started to take it earlier which is not good.

The low mood and SI and terror is constant... what can I do?? Been holding doses now for 4 weeks to try and stabalise 

Thanks kindly... So scared right now x

.375mg 9am.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Amanda

Alto asked, how are you sleeping?

Did you manage to use the drug interactions checker?

Sassenach

• Moderator Emeritus

Amanda

I know how you feel, have been there myself.

There is no quickfix but you will get better with the help of the people on this site.

GPs have no clue about withdrawal from these meds.

Drug interaction is important as it can make W/D worse.

SI is terrible but it does not mean you are suicidal.

Calm down, breathe deeply and tell yourself you can do this.

When you are ready look around this site and you will see that everyone has been, or is where you are now.

If you are going through Hell, keep going

I will however repeat Alto's warning.

Do not make changes until Alto or a mod advises it.

All the changes add up and increase the turmoil in your brain.

All the mods on this site are volunteers and their only interest is helping you.

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/forum/28-success-stories-recovery-from-withdrawal/

Sassenach

Edited by Sassenach
insert link

• Moderator Emeritus

Amanda

Let us know you are ok please

Sassenach

Hi Sassenach

Thanks so much for getting back, I so appreciate it so much!

The zoplicone is helping me sleep but awake at 5am and several times again before getting up, the last 3 days, I have stayed in my bed, everytime I go downstairs I end up in a panic and air hunger takes over.  I feel Severly overwhelmed by everything,  especially knowing that my beautiful Son has to witness this and I have no help, scared of being alone right now... I want to cuddle my Son but I get overwhelming emotions and feel intense guilt and sadness as we are so close and the past 5 months have been hell on both of us,  he has become more my carer and that hurts so much.

I feel in emotional turmoil, I have manic episodes,  crying fits, panic and fear constant.

I am also getting so paranoid as to what med is causing what, was only ever on Paxil past 22 years and since the new meds, everything has got worse. My family ignore me now and think I need locking up when I've never had any mental issues ever but now feel I'm loosing my mind. I'm incredibly lonely but to fearful of reaching out as I'm no company to anyone. I am to emotional and heartbroken to even speak to anyone so I feel like all the pain is stuck in my throat.

I've always been fit and healthy and now I've been told my glucose levels are bordering diabetes which has probably been caused by severe stress, my periods were as regular as clockwork, now I'm already 8 days late and still no show.  So worried I'll never come through this. 

The drug interactions all show moderate reactions but says should not take more than 3 if these meds together and I'm on 4.... but very low doses so shouldn't be to bad, I hope.

I have since reduced the quetiapine to 4mg and will amend.

I haven't decreased or increased any other med in the past 4 weeks but really think the valium is causing WDs as I went down rapidly plus may still have something to do with the Paxil increase 7 weeks ago, hard to tell.

I'm so sick of being home and feel so useless, will it get better?? Been ER a few times and yes, the medical field is useless, I'm desperately trying to avoid but feel so stuck as to know what to do.

I'm usually a strong positive person but 5/6 months of this hell has brought me to my knees. I wake up with severe chest, throat, head pressure that is so distressing, I have to go straight to the freezer for ice and wrap myself in it, it's horrific! It's adding to my depression so badly. 

How do others survive this????

How can big P-harma do this to people?? 

Sorry to go on,  so alone, so sad, just had another meltdown.

I promise I won't make any changes.

I appreciate your guidance so much

Amanda x

.375mg 9am.

Sorry, wrote earlier and it didn't send xx

.375mg 9am.

• Mentor

Hi Amanda,

I’m sorry to hear you’re going through such difficult times at the moment. This forum is a place you can come when you’re feeling lonely and helpless.

There are many people here who are going through similar things, and many people who have been there and come out the other side. I’ve experienced SI and intense fear myself, so I know a little of what you are going through.

It will get better, but it will take some time now your system has been sensitised by withdrawals and the many changes of dosage you have been through. A number of people will testify that keeping your dosages stable is usually a good thing, but sometimes the mods will recommend changes if you are suffering an adverse reaction, or may suggest a small ‘updose’ if you have tapered too quickly. That’s why daily symptom notes are very important.

It’s hard when family don’t understand what’s happening, but unfortunately it’s quite common. I understand how hard it must be that you depend on your son for care at the moment.

What helped me most when I was experiencing fear were exercise, routine, and distraction. I found moderate exercise in a green space really helped me ‘burn off’ some of the fear. Is that available for you? You probably won’t feel like doing it, but it might help. By routine I mean doing regular domestic tasks like laundry, cleaning, washing up, or even clearing out a cupboard or two. These small tasks can be very therapeutic and give you a sense of achievement. By distraction I mean forcing your mind to concentrate on something outside of itself. I play the piano, so I learned some new music for a couple of hours every day. I also did easy sudoku puzzles. It doesn’t matter what it is - maybe a colouring book could help? This kind of non-drug coping skill can make a real difference.

if you have a look round the website you will see there is a lot of information on dealing with symptoms and coping with the withdrawal process - it really can be quite a godsend if you are struggling.

warmest wishes,

Rich

Edited by RichT

= medication taken now

2007 quetiapine to March 2019 200mg

2019 quetiapine March to present 225mg 

2007 citalopram to present 40mg 
2018 March Abilify 5mg  
2019 Abilify February rapid taper over 3 weeks from 5mg to off

2019 March Clonazepam as required, taken very occasionally, then taken 0.5mg for 2 days 28th and 29th March, now phased out

2019 1st April reinstated Abilify 0.5mg / day 

2018 to 2020 Liquid B12 2g twice daily (diagnosed B12 deficiency) 

2020 July reduced quetiapine to 200mg

2022 October began taper of Abilify

• Moderator Emeritus

Good morning Amanda

I hope you are feeling a bit better today.

Can you post your drug interactions results or do you not know how.

We need to get this together

so I can enlist top mod support

Back later sassenach

https://www.drugs.com/interactions-check.php?drug_list=862-441,1800-1156,1979-0,1030-0

Morning Sassenach

Hope this link works.

Still feeling very sick but head and chest not so severe.

Was wondering if the Zopiclone can poop out and cause WDs as half a tablet doesn't make me tired at all. I🤔

Hope you're well.

Amanda x

.375mg 9am.

Drug Interaction Report

This report displays the potential drug interactions for the following 4 drugs:

• Valium (diazepam)
  • Paxil (paroxetine)
  • quetiapine
  • eszopiclone
Major (0)
Moderate (6)
Minor (0)

Food (3)
Therapeutic Duplication (2)

Interactions between your drugs

Moderate

diazePAM PARoxetine

Applies to: Valium (diazepam), Paxil (paroxetine)

Using diazePAM together with PARoxetine may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating. Some people, especially the elderly, may also experience impairment in thinking, judgment, and motor coordination. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Also avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Switch to professional interaction data

Moderate

diazePAM QUEtiapine

Applies to: Valium (diazepam), quetiapine

Using diazePAM together with QUEtiapine may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating. Some people, especially the elderly, may also experience impairment in thinking, judgment, and motor coordination. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Also avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Moderate

diazePAM eszopiclone

Applies to: Valium (diazepam), eszopiclone

Using diazePAM together with eszopiclone may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating. Some people, especially the elderly, may also experience impairment in thinking, judgment, and motor coordination. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Also avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Moderate

PARoxetine QUEtiapine

Applies to: Paxil (paroxetine), quetiapine

Using PARoxetine together with QUEtiapine may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating. Some people, especially the elderly, may also experience impairment in thinking, judgment, and motor coordination. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Also avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Moderate

PARoxetine eszopiclone

Applies to: Paxil (paroxetine), eszopiclone

Using PARoxetine together with eszopiclone may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating. Some people, especially the elderly, may also experience impairment in thinking, judgment, and motor coordination. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Also avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Moderate

QUEtiapine eszopiclone

Applies to: quetiapine, eszopiclone

Using QUEtiapine together with eszopiclone may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating. Some people, especially the elderly, may also experience impairment in thinking, judgment, and motor coordination. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Also avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

No other interactions were found between your selected drugs.
Note: this does not necessarily mean no interactions exist. Always consult with your doctor or pharmacist.

Other drug and disease interactions

Drug and food interactions

Moderate

diazePAM  food

Applies to: Valium (diazepam)

Grapefruit and grapefruit juice may interact with diazePAM and lead to potentially dangerous side effects. Discuss the use of grapefruit products with your doctor. Do not increase or decrease the amount of grapefruit products in your diet without first talking to your doctor. Do not drink alcohol while taking diazePAM. This medication can increase the effects of alcohol. You may feel more drowsy, dizzy, or tired if you take diazePAM with alcohol. Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions or concerns.

Moderate

PARoxetine  food

Applies to: Paxil (paroxetine)

Alcohol can increase the nervous system side effects of PARoxetine such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with PARoxetine. Do not use more than the recommended dose of PARoxetine, and avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medication affects you. Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions or concerns.

Moderate

eszopiclone food

Applies to: eszopiclone

Taking eszopiclone with a high-fat or heavy meal may delay the onset of sleep. For faster sleep onset, eszopiclone should not be administered with or immediately after a high-fat or heavy meal. This will make it easier for your body to absorb the medication. You should avoid the use of alcohol while being treated with eszopiclone. Alcohol can increase the nervous system side effects of eszopiclone such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience impairment in thinking and judgment. Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions or concerns.

Therapeutic duplication warnings

Therapeutic duplication is the use of more than one medicine from the same drug category or therapeutic class to treat the same condition. This can be intentional in cases where drugs with similar actions are used together for demonstrated therapeutic benefit. It can also be unintentional in cases where a patient has been treated by more than one doctor, or had prescriptions filled at more than one pharmacy, and can have potentially adverse consequences.

Duplication

Central Nervous System (CNS) Drugs

Therapeutic duplication

The recommended maximum number of medicines in the 'Central Nervous System (CNS) Drugs' category to be taken concurrently is usually three. Your list includes four medicines belonging to the 'Central Nervous System (CNS) Drugs' category:

• Valium (diazepam)
  • Paxil (paroxetine)
  • quetiapine
  • eszopiclone

Note: The benefits of taking this combination of medicines may outweigh any risks associated with therapeutic duplication. This information does not take the place of talking to your doctor. Always check with your healthcare provider to determine if any adjustments to your medications are needed.

Duplication

Psychotropic agents

Therapeutic duplication

The recommended maximum number of medicines in the 'psychotropic agents' category to be taken concurrently is usually three. Your list includes four medicines belonging to the 'psychotropic agents' category:

• Valium (diazepam)
  • Paxil (paroxetine)
  • quetiapine
  • eszopiclone

Note: The benefits of taking this combination of medicines may outweigh any risks associated with therapeutic duplication. This information does not take the place of talking to your doctor. Always check with your healthcare provider to determine if any adjustments to your medications are needed.

Drug Interaction Classification

These classifications are only a guideline. The relevance of a particular drug interaction to a specific individual is difficult to determine. Always consult your healthcare provider before starting or stopping any medication.
Major Highly clinically significant. Avoid combinations; the risk of the interaction outweighs the benefit.
Moderate Moderately clinically significant. Usually avoid combinations; use it only under special circumstances.
Minor Minimally clinically significant. Minimize risk; assess risk and consider an alternative drug, take steps to circumvent the interaction risk and/or institute a monitoring plan.
Unknown No interaction information available.
Edited by Altostrata
removed extraneous material

.375mg 9am.

Hi Rich

Thanks so much for your response.

I have been doing much of what you advise for the past 5 months. Been finding it more difficult lately due to what I think is valium WD, very sick the past few weeks and feels like I'm going to have a heart attack. Most of what I need to do I seem to do it from 7/8pm when the symptoms ease. The days are very depressing for me and I try force myself to do stuff but end up going back to my room as in so much discomfort and emotional pain. It's getting harder if anything.

I have to take my dog out so usually walk her at 9pm as less people, rarely do I miss doing this and I always feel better from around 8pm, this is the only time I feel slightly normal, I get optimistic only to awake depressed again.

I tried getting up and walking no matter how I feel but doesn't do much to lift me and the days seem so long now, forgot what it's like to feel normal after nearly 6 months of this. The head and chest pressure, discomfort and weakness have been constant symptoms which make it very difficult to distract from. I get so stressed with these symptoms, makes me want to ram my head through a brick wall mostly, and the agitation is really debilitating. I'm overwhelmed how long this is going on, even meditation doesn't calm me and I'm constantly having mini breakdowns, panic, terror, rage, crying..... please tell me it stops. Don't know what to do to make things better.

Did you experience this at all?

Thanks Rich, appreciate all replies so much xx

Edited by ChessieCat
removed quote

.375mg 9am.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Amanda

Thank you.

I think we have the info we need.

I will sort it out this pm so the senior mods can assess easily.

I will then flag this up to ensure it is checked during the night ( most senior mods are around the world not in UK )

Do not feel abandoned,  we have the info now and can help you move forwards.

Back later.

Sassenach

Thank you so much Sassenach xx

I'm in such a bad place right now.

The agitation is horrific... raining outside so can't sit in garden today.

Have a lovely day x

Edited by ChessieCat
removed quote

.375mg 9am.

• Moderator Emeritus

@Altostrata

Hi Amanda

You are doing great but we need one more thing. As you know your interaction checker showed moderate interaction and the use of four total meds.

Alto needs to see daily schedules, example below, to figure out how different drugs are affecting you and even  the time you take them for the same reason

If your head is foggy and tired you could use a phone alarm as a reminder to record the info. It is sometimes easier to do a paper record during the day and complete online later.

Friday 19th July 

1am Bad headache.  500mg paracetamol 

7am 50mg sertraline 

8am Negative thoughts/ruminating

10am  Went for walk.  Felt ok.

12pm 5mg promazine 

2pm Negative thoughts/ruminating 

4pm Tired/irritable 

6pm Had a cry

7pm Felt ok

8pm 20mg promazine 

9pm  Felt better

10pm Bed

We know this is difficult when you are feeling awful but is needed for us to help you move forward.

19 hours ago, Amanda167 said:

I am also getting so paranoid as to what med is causing what

This is why Alto needs the info.

On 6/13/2019 at 9:03 PM, Amanda167 said:

19 hours ago, Amanda167 said:

The zoplicone is helping me sleep but awake at 5am and several times again before getting up,

It would be good if you could complete a diary for today to start the info. needed.

I am going to end this post which is mainly for Alto but will be back shortly.

Alto drug interaction are above, bit lengthy but did not want to try editing and lose info.

Sassenach

Edited by Sassenach
missing info

• Moderator Emeritus

Back again.

6 hours ago, Amanda167 said:

please tell me it stops. Don't know what to do to make things better.

It does stop Amanda I just wish I could tell you when.

You are doing the right things to make it better but you need to start and believe.

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/17909-are-we-there-yet-how-long-is-withdrawal-going-to-take/

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/82-the-windows-and-waves-pattern-of-stabilization/

All the symptoms you are experiencing are withdrawal, possibly complicated by the recently added meds.

All the med and dose changes have left your Central Nervous System ( CNS ) in  a state of turmoil.

The A/Ds modify transmitters in our brain fairly quickly, but the reverse procedure takes much longer and can be affected by many things.

This is why it is so important not to make changes unless advised by senior mods. Your CNS takes time to adjust to every change.

If someone moves the goalpost you will not score.

I have a dog too and for 3 months my wife walked him because I couldn't, then I pushed myself to do it but is was a chore.

Five months on I walk and do agility with him every day and enjoy it.

The fact that you can exercise your dog is good, it shows determination and exercise is very good in W/D

You are going to get better.

Have a good evening and try and post today's schedule.

Sassenach

Thank you Sassenach,  your encouragement means so much and brought tears to my eyes, I'm an emotional wreck after the past 6 months.

I will complete the diary at the end of today and make sure I keep note for future posts.

I keep a journal but not been writing much of late as find it really distressing to even write how I'm feeling. My emotions are so raw at the moment, the slightest thought stresses me no end. Is this even normal? Crying now 

I'll get back to you on completion of this day.

Thanks so much. Hope one day I can assist others. X

Edited by ChessieCat
removed quote

.375mg 9am.

• Moderator Emeritus

Amanda

You should not suppress your emotions because they are part of us all, just a bit screwed up now:rolleyes:

Today diary will be great.

Sassenach

I know.

Just seems a build up of the past 6 months, scared they'll send me over the edge... to much suppression,  mainly because I don't want my Son seeing x

Edited by ChessieCat
removed quote

.375mg 9am.

Hi Sassenach 

Friday 19th July

9.45am got up, had a pretty much unbroken sleep (Rare)

Chest, throat and head not as severe as past few weeks bit still discomfort and upset stomach plus body aches

10.20, ate a banana and herbal tea

11am. Took o.60 valium

11.15. Feeling extremely agitated and restlessness so went for a 10min walk around the block... still very stressed and inability to relax.

12pm. Made an egg salad sandwich  (1st time in ages as my Son has been making my food during days)

- stayed downstairs for the 1st time in at least a week, extremely agitated with acute anxiety... watched a little YouTube (Teal Swan)

2pm to 5pm. Very busy doing housework although still highly uncomfortable and anxious

5.30pm. Sat down, my Son mentioned his birthday coming up next month, started ruminating bad thoughts,  like thinking if I'm not better by then, I'll end it all, as can't imagine not being there for him and tired of feeling useless. I feel so guilty but know it's not my thought.. I miss him so much and the emotional blunting is strong.

6pm. Extremely low mood again,  managed to get out of it by listening to affirmations.

7pm. Took 0.40 valium

7.15pm. Took 10mg paxil

7.15pm Took 4mg quetiapine 

Still agitated but forced myself to drive to pets at home as desperately needed food and bedding.

8.30. Got back, changed cages, etc.

9pm. Made food, still a bit on edge, usually take my Zopiclone by 9am but needed to eat so got delayed to ..

10pm. Took Zopiclone 375mg (late)

Started feeling partially normal thereafter

This has been a better day for me as been more productive than several previous days. 

I really think the valium is the main cause of WD.

My days are usually pretty horrific filled with intense emotions, avoiding calls, door, etc. SI thoughts,  fear, panic, dread, terror.

Most symptoms ease from around 7pm or after I take Zopiclone 

Hope this is okay and not to long 

Thank you x

Edited by ChessieCat
removed quote

.375mg 9am.

• Administrator

Hello, Amanda.

On 6/14/2019 at 10:03 AM, Amanda167 said:

Valium... I've been taking anything from 0.50mg daily to 4mg daily to try and take off the edge but obviously hasn't done much as mainly only taken 1 to 2mg on average for the past 4 weeks

While you were changing your Paxil dosage, you were also changing your Valium dosage, is that correct?

On 6/20/2019 at 2:04 AM, Amanda167 said:

Started all meds on the 14th of May apart from the Paxil 

Please add start date of each drug in your signature.

On 7/18/2019 at 7:05 AM, Amanda167 said:

In a really bad way. Very afraid I've tapered both the valium and quetiapine to fast.

Can you list your varying dosages and dates you were taking them of Paxil, Valium, and quetiapine?

My guess is what's going on isn't related to GSK Paxil, it's Valium or quetiapine withdrawal or maybe both, most likely benzo withdrawal as you feel better when you add another benzo -- zopiclone. You are getting rebound insomnia when the zopiclone wears off, it has a half-life of 5 hours at most.

I suspect what's called for here is an updose in Valium, enabling you to go off zopiclone. Also have to figure out if the nightly quetiapine is causing a paradoxical reaction in combination with Valium. @Shep can help us figure this out.

It would be more helpful to see your daily notes in this format::

8 hours ago, Sassenach said:

Friday 19th July 

1am Bad headache.  500mg paracetamol 

7am 50mg sertraline 

8am Negative thoughts/ruminating

10am  Went for walk.  Felt ok.

12pm 5mg promazine 

2pm Negative thoughts/ruminating 

4pm Tired/irritable 

6pm Had a cry

7pm Felt ok

8pm 20mg promazine 

9pm  Felt better

10pm Bed

• Moderator Emeritus

Good morning Amanda

As you can see the night shift has been very busy.

Shep is the benzo boss.

I hope you are feeling a little better this morning you are getting help to move this forward.

Catch you later sassenach

Hi Altostrata 

Thanks for responding.

Yes, I was fluctuating my valium and quetiapine doses whilst waiting for the updose of Paxil to kick in of 10mg. Wasn't changing Paxil dose as already updosed.

I wasn't recording my dosages at the time as was in such a state.

I can give you a rough guide.

Started valium on 1st May and only took up to 1mg daily until the 29th of May, I then took 5mg for a few days, dropped to 3.5mg for a few days, then to 2.5mg for a few days, then tapered rapidly back to 1mg to which I've been at since the 13th of June and holding. Sorry I can't be more specific as didn't have a journal and wasn't expecting to be using daily, was in a mess and was desperately not wanting to take it.

The quetiapine I started on the 14th of May and only took the 25mg for 1 week, decided I didn't want to take upon researching and came down from the 21st of May by reducing to 20mg, 15mg, then weekly to where I am now at 4mg and holding as of now.

I tried to add details in my signature but it wouldn't allow as to many details, I'll try again to update so a little clears.

I am trying to hold now as now realise that this has caused so much confusion and I'm struggling so much.

I really don't want to increase the valium as I think it causes me depression but I appreciate I have to get off the zoplicone. Is there an alternative way? I'm just afraid now I've reduced it and been holding that possibly it may make things worse, if that's even possible right now. 

I'll try and update my signature now.

Should I still hold everything?

My doctor gave me liquid to finish the quetiapine taper 1st... just don't know what to do for the best. Feeling awful every single day.

Makes me wonder as the Zopiclone seems to calm me and make me want it in the day just to get by,  now knowing it's just another benzo now makes sense.

Thank you again for your help, it's so appreciated x

Edited by ChessieCat
removed quote

.375mg 9am.

Apologies, I have a habit of rambling, I will try and keep it simple x

Edited by ChessieCat
removed quote

.375mg 9am.

Morning Sassenach 

Hope you're well. Holding on and praying for relief soon.

So grateful for everyone guiding me. Another day filled with anxiety, nausea and pain... faith is key 

Trying to remain focused.

Have a lovely day 

Amanda x

Edited by ChessieCat
removed quote

.375mg 9am.