☼ Cocopuffz17: paroxetine free, but not trouble free

Cocopuffz17

• Mentor
5 minutes ago, Amira123 said:

@Cocopuffz17 because it's all about money and profit $$$

Yes, but look at Perdue pharmacy going bankrupt for their crimes and they deserve much more. 

I follow The Plant Paradox lifestyle by Dr.Gundry. This lifestyle has given me my life back and I feel better than I have ever felt in my life. It has enabled me to finally get off of this medication and truly live my life. Nutrition is the key to health!!!!! 

2008 to 2019  - 20 mg Paroxetine

Attempted 2 CT's around the 5-6 year mark. Were absolutely terrible and reinstated. Was never explained by the doctor the seriousness of the short half life of this drug. 

2017 - Attempted a tapered discontinuation of this drug and reinstated after being unsuccessful.

2019 - Feb. 12 - After a three month taper I am off of paroxetine. The 3 months were terrible, awful withdrawal feelings. I followed the doctors guidelines for the reduction of this drug and now know it was way too fast. 
2019 - Oct. 12 - 8 months off paroxetine. 75% improvement since coming off the drug. Definitely have had tons of challenges along the way. Let’s go!!!! 

2021 - Feb. 12 - 24 months off paroxetine. I have minor challenges now. Tinnitus/Headaches are still around but are reduced by a massive amount. 

• Mentor

16 months off this drug after over 11 years on it. I continue to heal and feel better each week. My waves get shorter and my windows get longer. I am so thankful for all the help I have received and would of not got this far without this forum. My health condition improves month by month after I was told by doctor I would just have to deal with it. Never ever give up!!! At times I wanted to reinstate and thought the WDs would never end. I listened to people who have gone through it and healed and regained their lives back. 

The only symptoms I have left are headaches and tinnitus. The muscle twitching and feeling of fire going through my veins has not come back since I last reported it. 

Everyday that passes is one day closer to being healed :)

I follow The Plant Paradox lifestyle by Dr.Gundry. This lifestyle has given me my life back and I feel better than I have ever felt in my life. It has enabled me to finally get off of this medication and truly live my life. Nutrition is the key to health!!!!! 

Attempted 2 CT's around the 5-6 year mark. Were absolutely terrible and reinstated. Was never explained by the doctor the seriousness of the short half life of this drug. 

2017 - Attempted a tapered discontinuation of this drug and reinstated after being unsuccessful.

2019 - Feb. 12 - After a three month taper I am off of paroxetine. The 3 months were terrible, awful withdrawal feelings. I followed the doctors guidelines for the reduction of this drug and now know it was way too fast. 
2019 - Oct. 12 - 8 months off paroxetine. 75% improvement since coming off the drug. Definitely have had tons of challenges along the way. Let’s go!!!! 

2021 - Feb. 12 - 24 months off paroxetine. I have minor challenges now. Tinnitus/Headaches are still around but are reduced by a massive amount. 

@Cocopuffz17, this is great news! Well done, you're a trooper, an inspiring one!

January 2008 to April 2015 Citalopram 20mg to 5mg, reducing in 50 per cent leaps. Jumped off at 5mg

March 2016 used MDMA triggered setback

April 2016 Citalopram 10mg October 2016 cut to 5mg, May 2017 cut to 2.5mg

May 2018 used MDMA triggered setback

June 2018 Citalopram 2.5mg up to 10mg, then back to 5mg

July/ August 2018 7.5mg, then 10mg

June 2019 updosed to 20mg Citalopram

August 2019 cold switch to Venlafaxine 75mg XR

Supplements; 1100mg fish oil daily; also 100mg Magnesium Glycinate. Tried Vagifem 10mcg from mid May 2021 to mid June 2021; caused depression, so stopped.

• Mentor
13 hours ago, sunnysideup69 said:

@Cocopuffz17, this is great news! Well done, you're a trooper, an inspiring one!

11 hours ago, Amira123 said:

@Cocopuffz17 great news! You have come a long way.

Thanks you two :) I really appreciate your support! 

• Moderator Emeritus

Love your updates ❤️

2006 : 20mg Paxil+Bromazepam. 2008 : cold turkey of both. 2010 : Reinstatement 20mg Paxil + Bromazepam.

2014-June2017 : Switch from Bromazepam to Prazepam, slow taper to 0mg.

2018 to August 2019 : Paxil 20mg taper (3% every 15 days). 22 Aug 2019 updose to 10mg (was at 8.4mg).

25th Sept 2019 To April 2020 : found SA, holding at 10mg Paxil. 

April 2020 : Paxil 10mg to Prozac 7mg bridge. Details topic/21457

Current Supplements : magnesium citrate + fish oil

Current medication :

* 7pm Diazepam  : 0.85mg (15 Aug 2022) / 0.95 mg (24 April 2022) / 1mg Diazepam (since 29 Aug 2020)

* 8am Prozac : 6.16mg (25 oct 2022, feel awful, slight updose) / 6.08 mg (9 oct 2022) / 6.24mg (11 July 22) / 6.44mg (22 May 22) / 6.64mg (4 Nov 21) / 6.72mg (8 oct 21) / 6.8 mg (15 Sept 21)6.88mg (14 Aug 21)/ 6.92mg (23 Jun 21)

I am not a professional, I don't give medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

• Mentor
On 6/16/2020 at 6:02 AM, Erell said:

Love your updates ❤️

Thanks, I hope all is going well with you :)! 

Last weekend I went to the cabin with my friends and decided to not fully comply to the nutritional lifestyle I have been following for almost 20 months no, I paid the price this week. My headaches/tinnitus were way worse. I had insomnia return for a few days. I am feeling back to my baseline now. But once again another reminder that I cannot stray far from what has got me this far as two days of eating food I have not in over a year pushed me back into a wave. 

45 minutes ago, Cocopuffz17 said:

Thanks, I hope all is going well with you :)! 

Last weekend I went to the cabin with my friends and decided to not fully comply to the nutritional lifestyle I have been following for almost 20 months no, I paid the price this week. My headaches/tinnitus were way worse. I had insomnia return for a few days. I am feeling back to my baseline now. But once again another reminder that I cannot stray far from what has got me this far as two days of eating food I have not in over a year pushed me back into a wave. 

I believe this for sure; iam sad because you need sometimes to eat out of the nuitrition style but, it is ok too that u have a way to return to ur baseline.

I think u may add only one type of not listed foods to your day coco.

Like u, it becomes very bad when I eat out of the food list of dr grundery and that u sent to me but, I try to bear instead of keeping the diet in details, I hope u can bear too.

Sending hugs to u❤.

i wasn't on a certain drug all the period. i took many drugs many times and for no very long period but to simplify.

--fluvoxamine maleate100 mg + amisulpride 200mg------started july 2012 and total taper in february 2015 ( 9 months without drugs then)

--sertraline 100mg -------started november 2015 and total taper (withoud reduction slowly) in november 2016( 4 months withoud drugs then).

--sertraline 100mg + quetiabine 25mg ( started in mars 2016 and for 7 months) then fluvoxamine maleate 100mg again for another 7months and after that a something like to use every drug for 14 days and for about 1.5 years.

--my last drug was trintellix 10 mg ( used it in 12/2018and total taper in 4/2019).

symptomts i have now ( bad concentration and problems in short and long memory+ bad depersonalization).

• Mentor
2 hours ago, mustafa said:

I believe this for sure; iam sad because you need sometimes to eat out of the nuitrition style but, it is ok too that u have a way to return to ur baseline.

I think u may add only one type of not listed foods to your day coco.

Like u, it becomes very bad when I eat out of the food list of dr grundery and that u sent to me but, I try to bear instead of keeping the diet in details, I hope u can bear too.

Sending hugs to u❤.

Ya, it is challenging at times. Thanks for the support :) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Mentor

Well after having that little blip about 10 days ago I feel really good. My focus is returning and at times is better than it has ever been in my life. This is awesome! My headaches/tinnitus seem to have chilled out alot and I don't notice them as much in the evening before bed and directly after waking as I did for a long long long time. My autoimmune condition is reversing at a really good pace now.... especially after I had numerous doctors tell me "I would have to just live with it".... well the lie detector determined that was a lie!

I am now able to feel goosebumps and shivers in my body that relate to emotions that while I was medicated I would just be "meh" and feel nothing. I can actually cry now when I feel sad over situations or memories that before I would have the "meh"  feeling. My rage has all but disappeared. Being medicated the only emotions that really stuck out was extreme rage that was uncontrollable. Now I can be in extremely stressful work situations and get through it without a ***** in the armor as before I would be having a melt down.

Once again I would like to thank absolutely everyone! I would of never been able to get off the medication I was on if it was not for this forum. I love you all! :) Never forgot! Everyday that passes is one day closer to being healed! :D It may not seem like it at times.

But healing is not linear. It sucks hearing that but it is the way it is. It's like 4 steps forwards 3.5 steps back, 4 steps forward 3 steps back, 4 steps forward 2.5 steps back and so on. 

• Mentor
19 hours ago, Amira123 said:

Great news! @Cocopuffz17  i think you should celebrate :)

Thanks :) I will one day! So much to catch up and people to help :) 

Great to hear that you healed a lot! How is your fatigue? May I ask how old you are?
I am 13 months off Paxil and fatigue is better but still severe.

AD since 2006 (16 years old). Prescribed on Citalopram, Fluoxetin(2x), Opipramol, Paroxetin. All with CT except Paroxetin (fast taper).
Last medication was Paroxetin for 3 years. Tapered fast:
- October 2018: 10mg -> 5mg
- December 2018: 5mg -> 2,5mg
- February 2019: 2,5mg -> 1,25mg
- March 2019: 1,25mg -> 1 mg
Since May 2019: 0 mg

Supplements:
- Omega 3 (2200mg EPA + DHA )                  - Vitamin D 2000 i.u. and Vitamin K2 50 mcg            - Vitamin B12 (100mcg)
- Zinc (4 mg)                                                    - Magnesium-Bisglycinat (100mg elemantal Mg)     
30 months off and improvements but still setbacks.  Link to my introduction: https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/21876-malon-14-years-of-ssri-since-youth-last-was-paroxetin/?tab=comments#comment-486450

• Mentor
On 7/2/2020 at 10:07 AM, Malon said:

Great to hear that you healed a lot! How is your fatigue? May I ask how old you are?
I am 13 months off Paxil and fatigue is better but still severe.

My fatigue is 10318904384238x better. I was unable to do a single pushup for a long time I would say over 6 months maybe even longer. I am now able to workout everyday and go to work with minimal fatigue. I am 32 years old. It will get better...keep going! I am close to 17 months off of it now. I get out in the sun as much as I can. Vitamin D is critical in healing the body! All the best. Never forget.... Everyday that passes is one day closer to being healed :) 

Always become optimistic and motivated when iam reading your posts, @Cocopuffz17,

You gave me the best information of my life when u recommended the life style of dr.grundery.

Thanks for all.of this and Iam.looking forward to read yiur success story soon.

Mustafa.

i wasn't on a certain drug all the period. i took many drugs many times and for no very long period but to simplify.

--fluvoxamine maleate100 mg + amisulpride 200mg------started july 2012 and total taper in february 2015 ( 9 months without drugs then)

--sertraline 100mg -------started november 2015 and total taper (withoud reduction slowly) in november 2016( 4 months withoud drugs then).

--sertraline 100mg + quetiabine 25mg ( started in mars 2016 and for 7 months) then fluvoxamine maleate 100mg again for another 7months and after that a something like to use every drug for 14 days and for about 1.5 years.

--my last drug was trintellix 10 mg ( used it in 12/2018and total taper in 4/2019).

symptomts i have now ( bad concentration and problems in short and long memory+ bad depersonalization).

• Mentor
1 hour ago, mustafa said:

Always become optimistic and motivated when iam reading your posts, @Cocopuffz17,

You gave me the best information of my life when u recommended the life style of dr.grundery.

Thanks for all.of this and Iam.looking forward to read yiur success story soon.

Mustafa.

Thanks @mustafa !!! 

I am glad it is helping you. It helped me immensely. I know it one of the main reasons I was able to get off and stay off this time. 

It will be ready one day! 

All the best to you!! 

16 hours ago, Cocopuffz17 said:

My fatigue is 10318904384238x better. I was unable to do a single pushup for a long time I would say over 6 months maybe even longer. I am now able to workout everyday and go to work with minimal fatigue. I am 32 years old. It will get better...keep going! I am close to 17 months off of it now. I get out in the sun as much as I can. Vitamin D is critical in healing the body! All the best. Never forget.... Everyday that passes is one day closer to being healed :) 

Thats just great! Thank you for your supporting words. You sound like you appreciate your improvements a lot. You can be proud of yourself to get off these meds and surviving the  hardest part of your WD symptoms! Congratulations!

I am 30 years old. Sometimes I still despair on fatigue, its most present before midday and it comes in windows and waves. Also deep down I have small doubts its really WD. Yes, very moderate sun exposure has a  good effect to me as well.
I also supplement Vitamin D, which is one of the rare supplements, I feel it really gives me a postive effect. I made a blood test (can also be made for 20 bucks online) and it was quite low despite of sun exporse and 1000 i.u. per day.

AD since 2006 (16 years old). Prescribed on Citalopram, Fluoxetin(2x), Opipramol, Paroxetin. All with CT except Paroxetin (fast taper).

Supplements:
- Omega 3 (2200mg EPA + DHA )                  - Vitamin D 2000 i.u. and Vitamin K2 50 mcg            - Vitamin B12 (100mcg)
- Zinc (4 mg)                                                    - Magnesium-Bisglycinat (100mg elemantal Mg)     
30 months off and improvements but still setbacks.  Link to my introduction: https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/21876-malon-14-years-of-ssri-since-youth-last-was-paroxetin/?tab=comments#comment-486450

• Mentor
On 7/4/2020 at 3:44 AM, Malon said:

Thats just great! Thank you for your supporting words. You sound like you appreciate your improvements a lot. You can be proud of yourself to get off these meds and surviving the  hardest part of your WD symptoms! Congratulations!

I am 30 years old. Sometimes I still despair on fatigue, its most present before midday and it comes in windows and waves. Also deep down I have small doubts its really WD. Yes, very moderate sun exposure has a  good effect to me as well.
I also supplement Vitamin D, which is one of the rare supplements, I feel it really gives me a postive effect. I made a blood test (can also be made for 20 bucks online) and it was quite low despite of sun exporse and 1000 i.u. per day.

You are welcome :) I am glad they help! Yes, it is by far the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. THANK YOU :)

Yea, why do you doubt it? I know almost everything that I went through for health conditions were caused by the use of the medication. There is no long term studies and they blatantly lie about it and cherry pick their data for their meds. Yes, I have been taking 10,000 IU's for over 20 months now. The body is an amazing machine and knows what it needs. I never used to tan at all in my life. I would burn and then go back to ghost white. This is the first year in my life that I have been able to tan and I attribute that to having higher vitamin D levels. The skin absorbs UVB rays and converts them into vitamin D. So the reason my skin was always so white was because my vitamin D levels were so low. Now that they are higher I am able to tan as the body uses pigment in the skin to control the level it needs.

I read somewhere that it can be WD symptom itself to not to believe its WD. I agree with that.
I mean it makes the most sense that several drugs, CT´s and taking it in a young age have damaged my brain and body a lot and causing it to be in WD. But how can I be 100% sure?
I agree there are so many lies, supressed facts and uncertainties and its all just about money and not about the truth or helping people with their health. It makes me so angry that I am such a mess now because of this. I lost so much trust in the system.
There is hope that things will get better. I hope someday i can say fatigue improved 10318904384238x as well 🙃

How are you doing?

Supplements:

• Mentor
On 7/10/2020 at 7:10 AM, Malon said:

I read somewhere that it can be WD symptom itself to not to believe its WD. I agree with that.
I mean it makes the most sense that several drugs, CT´s and taking it in a young age have damaged my brain and body a lot and causing it to be in WD. But how can I be 100% sure?
I agree there are so many lies, supressed facts and uncertainties and its all just about money and not about the truth or helping people with their health. It makes me so angry that I am such a mess now because of this. I lost so much trust in the system.
There is hope that things will get better. I hope someday i can say fatigue improved 10318904384238x as well 🙃

How are you doing?

Yes, it is messed that capitalism has put cash over human life. There are improvements in it though. Especially with what the UK has done is a massive step. You will get there!!! It may feel like it will never happen! But it will!

I am doing very well. I just did a 4 day canoe trip with some friends. It was roughly a 55 km paddle and lots of portages!! It was great :) I was barely able to get out of bed a year ago. Now I can do this! It seems surreal but it is not. You will get through it! 

Never forget! Everyday that passes is one day closer to being healed  :) 

• Moderator Emeritus
1 hour ago, Cocopuffz17 said:

just did a 4 day canoe trip with some friends. It was roughly a 55 km paddle and lots of portages!! It was great :) I was barely able to get out of bed a year ago.

That's fantastic!  Really glad you enjoyed it.

As an encouragement for other members, remember that it doesn't have to be something big like what Cocopuffz has done.  Anything that you can do now that you weren't able to do previously is progress.  I recently hurt my back and have had to rely on my daughter to do my washing.  I experienced real joy this morning being  able to do a medium load of washing (medium sized items) and hang it inside on a clothes airer.  Something that I usually think of as a chore.  And being able to easily get a meal ready for myself because I no longer need the crutches.

Edited by ChessieCat

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Mentor
21 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

That's fantastic!  Really glad you enjoyed it.

As an encouragement for other members, remember that it doesn't have to be something big like what Cocopuffz has done.  Anything that you can do now that you weren't able to do previously is progress.  I recently hurt my back and have had to rely on my daughter to do my washing.  I experienced real joy this morning being  able to do a medium load of washing (medium sized items) and hang it inside on a clothes airer.  Something that I usually think of as a chore.  And being able to easily get a meal ready for myself because I no longer need the crutches.

Absolutely!!! That is a great accomplishment to! Little steps lead to big ones! 

• Moderator Emeritus

Cocopuffz17 has written his success story.  You can find it here: 

Success story:  cocopuffz-11-years-on-paroxetine-its-nothing-but-a-bad-memory-now-i-am-now-free

As we always do once a member has posted their success story this introduction topic will be locked.

Thank you Cocopuffz for taking the time to compile your success story and sharing it with us.

And we wish you all the best for your future.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• ChessieCat locked this topic