SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Jlkdr: off Prozac

Jlkdr

I have been off of Prozac for a few months. On it, even at increased doses, it just seemed not to work for me anymore. I felt flat and disconnected, and I did disconnect from people as a result. I felt suicidal. I don’t know if that was related to the Prozac, but I could not see that it was making me feel better, although it did when I was younger. Now I still feel disconnected, but I also feel angry. Very angry and irritable. Anyone experience this?? I am tapering off of Klonopin now as well. Thanks for any help. 

Ongoing Prozac 20mgs/10mgs, updosed by doctor to 30mgs no date. Tapered off? Last dose April 2019.

Ongoing Klonopin 0.5mg to 3mg. C/Ted July 2019. Doctor reinstated 3 days later on 1mg. Late July cut to .75mg. September 1 cut dose to .625, continued taper at a cut per 3+ weeks

December 11 down to .125 klonopin, cutting to .0625 

off Klonopin Dec 12, 2019

Currently-Supplements, mostly to deal with cholesterol issues. 

probiotic, krill oil, CoQ10, D, K2, turmeric, L theanine, magnesium for sleep, and sleep aid of melatonin, l theanine, b6, herbs. 

Losartan 50 mg daily 

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jlkdr

• Sassenach

• Shep

• Erell

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Jldkr

Welcome to SA.

I am sorry to hear you are having such a tough time.

We will be asking you to complete an introduction and drug signature in due course.

For now we need the following information.

What was your starting dose of Prozac?

What dose of Prozac were you taking when you stopped and did you quit cold turkey or follow a taper schedule?

When did you take the last dose?

What was your original dose of Klonopin and when started?

What is your curent dose of Klonpin?

The symptoms you are describing are almost certainly withdrawal  from Prozac.

For the moment you should hold your current Klonopin dose until we have the info. requested above.

The following links will help you understand what is happening.

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/2390-dr-joseph-glenmullens-withdrawal-symptom-checklist/

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/82-the-windows-and-waves-pattern-of-stabilization/

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/7562-about-reinstating-and-stabilizing-to-reduce-withdrawal-symptoms/

This site is run by volunteer Administrators and Moderators who have all experienced the effects of Antidepressants and/or Benzo's.

Many of us are still recovering from withdrawal so we understand how you feel.

Sassenach

Escitalopram 10mgs from mid 2007 ( can't remember exact date) to 11th Dec 2018

Fentanyl patches ( don't remember dose ) from Nov 2014 to 11 Dec 2018

Quit both cold turkey Dec 2018

Reinstated 3rd March 2019 2.5 mgs.

Updosed  8March to 5mgs and holding

25/11/19 Started taper 4.5mgs and holding

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner

If you are going through Hell, keep going. NCIS series 15, David MaCallum:rolleyes:

Hi, I was prescribed 20 mg of Prozac for years. Always tried to get off. Took 10 mg at some point. Then doctor put me on 30 mg. I think I tapered off because I had leftovers of both 20 and 10 mg. However, I can’t be sure how I tapered. I cannot remember. I took my last dose sometime in April 2019 I believe. 

I took Klonopin also for years. I was eventually prescribed 3 mg a day of Klonopin although I started at .50. I took to sleep. If I was having a rough time, I took more, as needed, but always had much on hand so I don’t think I took it routinely. More sporadically. Maybe not at all some days. I quit cold turkey in July and spent three nights in continuous panic. My doctor put me back on 1 mg. I took it for a couple of weeks and then cut to .75 by cutting tablets. That’s where I am now. I have been at .75 for about 2 weeks. I’ll stay here until the end of August and then do another cut. That’s my plan. 

I don't like my attitude. I have no patience. I am angry. I just wonder if this is me. If so, I’m sad. 

Ongoing Prozac 20mgs/10mgs, updosed by doctor to 30mgs no date. Tapered off? Last dose April 2019.

Ongoing Klonopin 0.5mg to 3mg. C/Ted July 2019. Doctor reinstated 3 days later on 1mg. Late July cut to .75mg. September 1 cut dose to .625, continued taper at a cut per 3+ weeks

probiotic, krill oil, CoQ10, D, K2, turmeric, L theanine, magnesium for sleep, and sleep aid of melatonin, l theanine, b6, herbs. 

Losartan 50 mg daily 

• ChessieCat changed the title to Jlkdr: off Prozac
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi Jlkdr

Thank you for the information.

Are you tapering the Klonopin on your doctor's instuction?

Do you have any of the prozac packs left as dates and doses might help indicate what you were taking and when.

Did you look at the links and especially the symptom list, if so how many symptoms are you experiencing?

All the symptoms in your first pose indicate withdrawal.

The only known way to mitigate these symptoms after ceasing an antidepressant is to try restarting a very small dose of the med.

This is most likely to work if instigated with one month of the final dose, you are obviously well outside this timeline.

Please do not reinstate without asking us to advise you on an appropriate dose.

I will refer this to one our senior mods as they have knowledge of tapering benzo's, which I do not.

Are you taking any supplements as these can also cause complications?

Sassenach

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner

If you are going through Hell, keep going. NCIS series 15, David MaCallum:rolleyes:

Hi, Sassenach, I am not tapering per dr instruction. I am doing my own tapering with his knowledge.

My doctors’ solutions have always been to switch meds or increase dosage. This has been going on for years. My last doctor would just laugh when I would try to tell him about my adverse reactions to some of the meds he put me on. I guess he thought suicidal ideation and falls were funny. My current doctor is very compassionate. He just tends to want to increase my dose of everything. And I have not felt well for a long time. However, he’s aware that I have stopped my antidepressant, and he knows I’m tapering Klonopin.

I do not take drugs that are not prescribed. And all of my meds are current. I have been trying to get off for so long. So I have been prescribed and taken many different doses. The last dose prescribed was 30 mg. After doing that for a while, and feeling no better eventually, I dropped my dose to others on hand. Probably to 10 mg. not very long. Then I just stopped. 

I am taking supplements, mostly to deal with cholesterol issues. Supplements include B vitamins 6 and 12, probiotic, krill oil, kelp, CoQ10, D, K2, magnesium for sleep, and a sleep aid of natural herbs. 

I did look look at the list of symptoms. I am or have experienced quite a few. I will go back over the list. There was something about sharing symptoms with my dr; however, I don’t think my doctors will care. Do any doctors consider solutions outside of prescribing more drugs? It doesn’t feel that way. My family physician prescribed a new antidepressant for me when I told him I had just been successfully gotten off my Prozac and was trying to get off of Klonopin. The Prozac and Klonopin were prescribed by my psychiatrist. My family doctor knows I see a psychiatrist. 

Maybe I am not doing the right thing, but I am tired of feeling bad. Why take more drugs if there is no relief? Surely there is a light at the end somewhere. I don’t want to grow old on drugs. But I must say, it’s easier to just keep taking stuff than it is to get off and suffer and pray there will be better days ahead without meds. 

Thank you! Jlkdr

Losartan 50 mg daily 

I might be misunderstanding. I’m looking at other posts and see precise histories. Is that what you’re looking for? I can’t remember anything precisely. I think I’ve been dealing with drug issues since my husband got sick and died in 1991. I was prescribed Tranzene and Valium during his period of illness. Sometime after his death, I was given Pamelor. And then I think in grad school, in 1997, I was given an antidepressant and Klonopin to help get through presentations. Later, I was switched to Paxil to start my new job. After, I purchased Xanax online in the days of online prescriptions and pharmacies. I built up tolerance and had terrible rebound effect and ended up in a psychiatrist’s office. That was 2004-2005.

The rest ...three different psychiatrists and a variety of different drugs from antipsychotics and 

mood stabilizers to various antidepressants and benzos to finally Prozac and Klonopin.

Stress, overwhelm and personal tragedies have been the course of my life. And here I am trying to get off of drugs that seem not to work for me, at least not anymore...drugs that I now see have taken away my ability to feel. I have become  detached, disconnected, and lost. No feeling. No joy. Temporary relief at what long term cost?

Now the withdrawal. 

I’m still not sure I am giving you what you want. I don’t know that any of this is forum material. I do see many resources you have shared with me. I think that might be enough to help me. Thank you! Jlkdr

Losartan 50 mg daily 

• Moderator Emeritus

Jlkdr

I am out at present.

The new info is helpful.

I will be online 5-7pm UK time.

Will get back to you then.

We can try to help you.

Sassenach

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello Jldkr

Doctors and psychiatrists the world over do not understand W/D Antidepressant withdrawal, most refuse to believe that it even exists.

2 hours ago, Jlkdr said:

I do not take drugs that are not prescribed. And all of my meds are current. I have been trying to get off for so long. So I have been prescribed and taken many different doses. The last dose prescribed was 30 mg. After doing that for a while, and feeling no better eventually, I dropped my dose to others on hand. Probably to 10 mg. not very long. Then I just stopped.

Good to hear and very sensible.

The way you stopped means you are certainly experiencing withdrawal.

2 hours ago, Jlkdr said:

I am taking supplements, mostly to deal with cholesterol issues. Supplements include B vitamins 6 and 12, probiotic, krill oil, kelp, CoQ10, D, K2, magnesium for sleep, and a sleep aid of natural herbs. 

We only recommend two supplements on this site, Fish Oil & Magnesium.

You are obviously taking these which is good.

Other supplements can be activating and work against you in withdrawal. If you need them to help with cholesterol issues there may not be alternatives, but there are some clever folks on here will know.

Getting through withdrawal is all about the little things and moving slowly. It is because doctors and psychs loaded patients with high dose drugs that this problem exists.

2 hours ago, Jlkdr said:

Maybe I am not doing the right thing, but I am tired of feeling bad. Why take more drugs if there is no relief? Surely there is a light at the end somewhere. I don’t want to grow old on drugs. But I must say, it’s easier to just keep taking stuff than it is to get off and suffer and pray there will be better days ahead without meds. 

Please know you have done nothing wrong. We trusted our doctors and they let us down and are still doing so, however regret and anger will not make us better.

You should not feel doomed by this.

It is true there is no magic pill to reverse the changes in your CNS ( central nervous system ) and it is a long process, but will feel shorter if you start to feel better.

I cannot promise it will be easy because it won't but it feels better than doing nothing.

This is a peer support site where every person has been, or are going through W/D. We all help each other on both good and bad days.

There are success stories here

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/forum/28-success-stories-recovery-from-withdrawal/

2 hours ago, Jlkdr said:

Stress, overwhelm and personal tragedies have been the course of my life. And here I am trying to get off of drugs that seem not to work for me, at least not anymore...drugs that I now see have taken away my ability to feel. I have become  detached, disconnected, and lost. No feeling. No joy. Temporary relief at what long term cost?

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/18923-derealization-or-depersonalization-dr-and-dp/

Everything you are experiencing is down to W/D, it is not the real you.

2 hours ago, Jlkdr said:

I’m still not sure I am giving you what you want. I don’t know that any of this is forum material. I do see many resources you have shared with me. I think that might be enough to help me

You need one to one help to improve, with the forum info. for ongoing  reading

You have given me a great deal more than I had before.

I would like to sort the extra and existing info into a format for.the mods.

In the meantime if you remember any more detail please let me know, for the moment we will work with what we have.

The forums are full of exactly this kind of material.

Sassenach

Thank you so much! Jlkdr

Losartan 50 mg daily 

• Administrator

Hello, Jlkdr.

Please stop tapering your benzo, you may be experiencing withdrawal symptoms from it or from going off Prozac.

How are you tapering the Klonopin? Are your symptoms worse at any particular times of day? How are you sleeping? @Shep will help review your Klonopin tapering schedule.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Hi, 

At the beginning of July, I dropped Klonopin from random doses of up to 3 mg a night, and possibly one during the day, to 1 at night for about two weeks and then to .75 at night to sleep. But I always had more Klonopin than I needed, so I’m not sure I took it regularly until my taper. I took varied doses at my own discretion. Prescription Is for 1 tablet every six hours as needed. 

I am not sleeping well. I have greatest anxiety through night when I awaken and in the morning. But it can occur randomly through the day. 

I have been offered Trintellix and/or Effexor for daytime to help withdrawal from Klonopin, but I’m not sure I want to do that since I got off Prozac in April. Maybe I should restart a small dose of Prozac again?? I don’t know. I’m so confused. 

I would appreciate any assistance. I feel awful. I just thought I had to wait it out, but after reading some of your literature, I think I might have been too hasty, maybe harmed myself more. I’ll wait on your help. 

Thank you!

Losartan 50 mg daily 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Jlkdr

First I will repeat Alto's advice, do not taper or plan any further taper at the moment, consistency from now on is the only way to get through this.

Alto is the founder of this website which she started after experiencing withdrawal with no support.

The senior mods on this site have unrivalled knowledge of their subject, but are extemely busy and need members to help by responding to their questions and suggestions as you have done.

In order to try and help you we will now need you to complete an introduction and drug signature here

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/25-please-start-a-topic-about-yourself-in-this-forum/

In bold below I have collated the info. you gave me previously as best I can.

Please ensure the info. is correct and  that all supplements you are currently taking are included.

Copy all the bold text and paste into your drug signature.

To do this go to the top of the page.

Next to your screen name is a small arrow, select this and go to account settings.

You can then paste in to your signature.

You will be able to edit it with any amendments if necessary.

Ongoing Klonopin 0.5mg to 3mg. C/Ted July 2019. Doctor reinstated 3 days later on 1mg. Late July cut to .75mg.

Supplements, mostly to deal with cholesterol issues. 

include B vitamins 6 and 12, probiotic, krill oil, kelp, CoQ10, D, K2, magnesium for sleep, and a sleep aid of natural herbs. 

Please also complete a brief introduction about yourself for other members to see and for you track your ongoing progress.

If you read the link below you will see how important doing this slowly is,  and the only way forward.

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/6632-the-rule-of-3kis-keep-it-simple-keep-it-slow-keep-it-stable/

3 hours ago, Jlkdr said:

have been offered Trintellix and/or Effexor for daytime to help withdrawal from Klonopin, but I’m not sure I want to do that since I got off Prozac in April. Maybe I should restart a small dose of Prozac again?? I don’t know. I’m so confused. 

Do not begin taking any more drugs they will complicate the matter further and destabilise you further.

Do not restart Prozac until we have chance to fully assess your situation

Alto asked

14 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Are your symptoms worse at any particular times of day?

This is important info. she needs in order to help you.

4 hours ago, Jlkdr said:

I feel awful. I just thought I had to wait it out, but after reading some of your literature, I think I might have been too hasty.

Applies to almost everyone on here.

It is history, what matters is doing it right from now on.

Do you have any doctor or psych appointments pending?

During the weekend things slow down a little but we are here if you need us.

Sassenach

Hi, 

I dropped Klonopin from random doses of up to 3 mg a night to 1 for about two weeks and then to .75. I am not sleeping well. Klonopin was for sleep. I take the .75 at night. I have greatest anxiety through night when I awaken and in the morning. But it can occur randomly through the day. 

I have been offered Trintellix and/or Effexor for daytime to help withdrawal from Klonopin, but I’m not sure I want to do that since I got off Prozac in April. Maybe I should restart a small dose of Prozac again?? I don’t know. I’m so confused. 

I would appreciate any assistance. I feel awful. I just thought I had to wait it out, but after reading some of your literature, I think I might have been too hasty, maybe harmed myself more. I’ll wait on your help. 

Thank you!

Losartan 50 mg daily 

I have therapy weekly. Therapy is in my psychiatrist’s office, so I’m good. Thank you. Sorry, but I’m not sure I understand what is wanted in an intro. 

Losartan 50 mg daily 

• Moderator Emeritus

Basically just brief information about yourself for other members to see.

Please ensure you copy and paste your drug signature.

If you have a problem with it let me know.

Relax and we will get there, this is not a school exam.:rolleyes:

Sassenach

(Moved from:  Please put your withdrawal history in your signature)

I’ve been prescribed many psychiatric drugs through the years, probably beginning when my husband became ill and died in 1991. In the last five years, it’s been Prozac and Klonopin. I felt the drugs were becoming ineffective, possibly causing some issues, like disconnection and lack of will and joy. I stopped taking Prozac in April without a conscious taper. I do know I lowered my dose and then just stopped. The Klonopin is now what I’m working on. I was prescribed 1 mg every 6 hours as needed. I took it randomly, mostly at night, as much as three. I now am on .75. This drop started at the beginning of July. 

I am struggling with withdrawal. Maybe still from Prozac. I find myself angry or without feeling. I am overwhelmed with things of life. I cannot make decisions. On and on. I came here to find others who can help me stay the course to drug free. 

Jlkdr

Ongoing Prozac 20mgs/10mgs, updosed by doctor to 30mgs no date. Tapered off? Last dose April 2019.

Ongoing Klonopin 0.5mg to 3mg. C/Ted July 2019.Doctor reinstated 3 days later on 1mg. Late July cut to .75mg.

Supplements, mostly to deal with cholesterol issues. 

include B vitamins 6 and 12, probiotic, krill oil, kelp, CoQ10, D, K2, magnesium for sleep, and a sleep aid ofnatural herbs. 

Edited by ChessieCat
added note

Losartan 50 mg daily 

I submitted something. Not sure it’s ok. Just let me know if I need to write something more personal, like my age. 😳

jlkdr 😊

Losartan 50 mg daily 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Jlkdr

I have moved your drug signature so it appears below every post.

Please check and ensure the facts are correct.

Have included all supplements, they are important.

No need for further info. at present.

Catch you later.

Sassenach

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Jdklr

How are you feeling today?

Sassenach

Thank you so much for checking in with me. You cannot imagine how much I have picked up from our conversations so far; for example, supplements information. I have cut down to krill oil and magnesium. I am carefully watching my diet. I feel so good about having guidance through this process. My psych doctor does not seem to want me off of meds, so I don’t feel I can depend on him. He’s given me misinformation in fact. Nevertheless, he says it’s my choice. He’s a good guy, kind. 

This has been good day. I did wake up with anxiety over responsibilities that plague me now, but I felt a guiding voice this morning that was comforting since my thoughts are often chaotic. I have some residual impatience, but generally feel fine. I relaxed about additional tapering of Klonopin, so that has helped. I had lunch with friends and am currently on my way to my daughter’s to help her with her yard. I find working outside and walking my dog helps me so much. 

Your are so kind to to contact me!! I hope you’re doing well! I know I am on a day by day basis.  Jlkdr

Losartan 50 mg daily 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Jldkr

Glad you had a good day yesterday, how about today?

I would like you to post a daily diary as in example below.

DATE:

6 a.m. Woke with anxiety
8 a.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
10 a.m. Stomach is upset
10:30 a.m. Ate breakfast
11:35 a.m. Got a headache, lasted one hour
12:35 p.m. Ate lunch
4 p.m. Feel a bit better
5 p.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
6 p.m. Ate dinner
9:20 p.m. Headache
10:00 p.m. Took 50mg Seroquel
10:20 p.m. Feeling dizzy
10:30 p.m. Fell asleep
2:30 a.m. Woke, took 3mg Ambien (NOT "took 1/2 tablet Ambien")
2:45 a.m. Fell asleep
4:30 a.m. Woke but got back to sleep

This will help us follow your progress and see symptoms as they happen, relative to the time and doses of your drugs.

It will also help the senior mods monitor your Klonopin relative to any symptoms and help you taper in due course.

Do not make any cuts to your Klonopin at present.

Are you experiencing any withdrawal symptoms today?

I am doing fine thanks to this site, thank you.

I will amend your drug signature to reflect the fact that you currently on only Krill oil and magnesium.

Any questions please ask.

Sassenach

P.S. Watched a film last night "Dirt road to LaFayette " , great music.

Not sure where to post but I’ll post here. I think I forgot to include Losarton 50 mg daily on other meds and supplements. 

8/11/19

Difficult night. On and off sleep, possibly 1-2 hours. Constant anxiety throughout night. 

6:00 AM  Up with anxiety/fear/soul sickness/chills/ crying

9:00 AM krill oil, 50 mg Losartan

12:30 Lunch date with friends, very anxious. Too much talking. Felt sick, nauseated. 

3:00 PM Home, got news old friend died. Sickening. Cannot believe this is life. Very scared, crying. Don’t want to be around anyone. Don’t want to be alone. Feel disconnected. Still grieving other deaths and broken relationships. 

6:30 PM Snack of nuts/dark chocolate no sugar, feeling calmer, comfortable alone 

9:00 Feel calm, in bed, .75 mg Klonopin, 400 mg magnesium glycinate

9:15 used Fisher Wallace stimulator 

Losartan 50 mg daily 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Jlkdr

I hope you are having a better day.

Why were you prescribed Losarton?

When did you get your current supply of Losarton as it was the subject of a recall earlier this year.

Were you aware of this?

Your diary is  fine, thank you, keep it coming.

I am sorry to hear about your friend, this sort of news happens when we feel at our worst

Grief also excacerbates withdrawal symptoms.

You had a good day on Saturday.

Have you had other good days since you finished Prozac?

If so, roughly how often and is each good day a bit better than the last?

I know you feel this is going to last forever, but it won't.

It will take a while, but you can and will get better.

The following link is very helpful to many people:

non-drug-techniques-to-cope-with-emotional-symptoms/

You are currently stabilising and you meds will be reviewed now the weekend is over.

Sassenach

• Moderator Emeritus
On 8/7/2019 at 3:09 PM, Jlkdr said:

I took Klonopin also for years. I was eventually prescribed 3 mg a day of Klonopin although I started at .50. I took to sleep. If I was having a rough time, I took more, as needed, but always had much on hand so I don’t think I took it routinely. More sporadically. Maybe not at all some days. I quit cold turkey in July and spent three nights in continuous panic. My doctor put me back on 1 mg. I took it for a couple of weeks and then cut to .75 by cutting tablets. That’s where I am now. I have been at .75 for about 2 weeks. I’ll stay here until the end of August and then do another cut. That’s my plan. 

Jlkdr, how long were you on 3 mg of Klonopin? 

How did you feel when you went from 1 mg to .75 mg? 

On 8/9/2019 at 9:40 AM, Jlkdr said:

I am not sleeping well. I have greatest anxiety through night when I awaken and in the morning. But it can occur randomly through the day. 

You may be getting interdose withdrawal (withdrawal in between doses). Klonopin has a half-life of 18 - 50 hours, so if you're a fast metabolizer, you may experience withdrawal during the day if you only take it at night. 

18 hours ago, Jlkdr said:

9:15 used Fisher Wallace stimulator 

How long have you been using the Fisher Wallace stimulator?

Alpha-Stim, Fisher Wallace Sota Biotuner, PoNS, and similar devices

I'm concerned that many of your symptoms are coming from your recent rapid taper of Klonopin from 3 mg down to .75 mg. Were you having as many problems with anxiety and sleep trouble prior to these reductions?

Please include ALL supplements in your daily drug and symptoms journal. I see you have listed in your signature: "B vitamins 6 and 12, probiotic, krill oil, kelp, CoQ10, D, K2, magnesium for sleep, and a sleep aid of natural herbs."

Please post what the ingredients are in the "sleep aid of natural herbs". Some natural herbs can cause problems with someone recently off an antidepressant and with your current use of a benzo. 

For more on these various vitamins, please see:

Vitamin B12: essential for mood, nervous system

King of supplements: Omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil)

Magnesium, nature's calcium channel blocker

CoQ10

Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol or calcitriol)

Important topics about tests, supplements, treatments, diet

I'm sorry to hear about your friend passing. Please do as much self care as possible. Sassenach's post above has a link with some wonderful ideas for coping during withdrawal.

If your symptoms are severe, especially trouble sleeping, you may want to increase your Klonopin from .75 mg back up to 1 mg, since it's only been a couple of weeks since your last reduction. Please note that benzo updoses and reinstatements work best within 2 - 4 weeks of last reduction, so you are in the time frame for a safe updose.

Please post your thoughts. 

Hi Sassenach, 

The Losartan came from my doctor’s prescription. It was prescribed maybe around 2014 after a hospital stay for idiopathic pancreatitis. My pressure had been high through the episode but had not gone down sufficiently by the end of of my hospital stay. The hospitalist prescribed it and my doctor has maintained that prescription. It’s so routine for me to take it that I completely forgot to include it when I reported meds/supplements. My nurse practitioner said I have to stay on it for the rest of my life. 

I did not know about a recall on losartan. I just called my doctor and asked for a different medicine after looking up the recall. It has cancer causing elements in it.  I’m going to stop it until I hear back. I should get something else to replace it. Thank you!

I am having a better day today. I don’t really know how many good days a week I have. But if I had to guess, it would probably be 2-3 maybe. I get very lonely and sometimes call a friend to come over. Then I get irritated and anxious and tell her   I need a break. My best days are those when I get outside and work to exhaustion in the yard. 

I remember nothing but deep sadness and lots of crying after stopping Prozac, but I always had Klonopin, which I took for any negative feeling. And then the Fisher Wallace. 

Shep

I started using the Fisher Wallace stimulator in June as soon as the price was cut in half. I had been wanting to buy one for a long time. I noticed a difference after two weeks, like darkness lifted. I use it once or twice a day. I feel better when I use it twice a day, upon awakening and at bedtime. 

I was on Klonopin every six hours or as needed for maybe a year. My prescription has never been rigid. Before that it was 2 a day as needed. (I gradually increased dosage over many years.) Sometimes I slipped by a day without taking it. But I felt free to take it as I needed. I never really took the entire prescription by the end of the month. But if I was severely anxious, I might take two or three or four + in a few hours. So I hoarded it for those times. I took it to sleep and then again if I woke up feeling fearful. I took it randomly during the day. 

When I went from a steady dose of 1mg Klonopin at night to .75 on July 26, I started having more sleeplessness, more anxiety, irritation, anger. I might have had that before at 1mg, but I really cannot remember. I must have felt well enough to test a taper. I take Klonopin now at bedtime only. I just stay awake if anxiety hits any time during the night. I am really hopeful that I will improve. I am afraid to updose. 

The sleep aid I was taking had these ingredients: B6, camomile flowers, valerian root, theanine, and melatonin. 

Jlkdr

Edited by ChessieCat
removed blasphemy

Losartan 50 mg daily 

8/12/19

6:00 AM Awake, calm, slept

6:30  Losartan, Krill oil, Fisher Wallace

9:00 AM Therapy LCSW

12:30 PM Massage Therapy

1:30 PM chiropractic care

3:00 PM Home, calm

6:00 PM Dinner with daughter 

7:30 PM Anxiety related to home maintenance issue. Health issue, blood pressure medicine. Calmed myself but feel sick. 

9:00 PM Fisher Wallace, 400mg magnesium, .75mg klonopin

Losartan 50 mg daily 

• Moderator Emeritus

Good morning j l k d r

Thank you for posting your diary it is already proving useful

Do not just stop the losartan you could provoke another reaction. We need stability.

Check the package for when it was issued. If it was issued in the last 2 months it should be fine.

If in doubt get your pharmacist to dispense an up-to-date prescription for you.

I understand what you say about cancer causing but almost all drugs have the potential to cause serious damage usually if used incorrectly.

It is absolutely essential that you do not make any changes to your medication at present unless asked to do so by altostrato or Shep.

There intention is to get you on the smallest effective doses.

Please remember do not change anything without there instructions.

They are the best and you have got their guidance.

You are doing very well.

Sassenach

• Moderator Emeritus
15 hours ago, Jlkdr said:

I started using the Fisher Wallace stimulator in June as soon as the price was cut in half. I had been wanting to buy one for a long time. I noticed a difference after two weeks, like darkness lifted. I use it once or twice a day. I feel better when I use it twice a day, upon awakening and at bedtime. 

I'm glad to read you're having a good experience with this. 

I was on Klonopin every six hours or as needed for maybe a year. My prescription has never been rigid. Before that it was 2 a day as needed. (I gradually increased dosage over many years.) Sometimes I slipped by a day without taking it. But I felt free to take it as I needed. I never really took the entire prescription by the end of the month. But if I was severely anxious, I might take two or three or four + in a few hours. So I hoarded it for those times. I took it to sleep and then again if I woke up feeling fearful. I took it randomly during the day. 

When I went from a steady dose of 1mg Klonopin at night to .75 on July 26, I started having more sleeplessness, more anxiety, irritation, anger. I might have had that before at 1mg, but I really cannot remember. I must have felt well enough to test a taper. I take Klonopin now at bedtime only. I just stay awake if anxiety hits any time during the night. I am really hopeful that I will improve. I am afraid to updose. 

Perhaps instead of an updose, going into a long hold may be best. Because this is such a drastic reduction, please do not reduce anything more at this time. Please continue with your drug and symptoms journal so we can see if there are any patterns developing. This journal can act as a road map to help you navigate your way through.

The sleep aid I was taking had these ingredients: B6, camomile flowers, valerian root, theanine, and melatonin. 

You posted this in the past time (I was taking). What date did you start and what date did you stop? Please add this information to your signature:

Account - Settings - Create or Update Your Signature

Please note that camomile flowers and Valerian root both affect GABA. In fact, Valerian is considered a very mild benzo and many people find it's best to taper off it. Please let us know the dates you took this.

Please be very consistent with your drugs going forward. Some people with a history of taking a benzo "as needed" or adding an additional benzo "as needed" struggle with coping during upticks in symptoms, so the more non-drug coping techniques you develop, the easier this journey will be. 

Hi, Shep,

Thank you for the guidance. I’ve created a mess with my doctor over blood pressure medicine. He prescribed a different one, but I have not picked it up. The dose seemed too high according to dosing schedule, and the side effects are also scary. I spoke with the nurse this morning and asked for something different. Then I called back and asked to stay on Losartan.  I’ll try to straighten that out. 

Losartan 50 mg daily 

Thank you, Sassenach. I will try to straighten out my situation with my doctor. 

Jlkdr

Losartan 50 mg daily 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello Jlkdr

Good job with the diary.

Please check the issue date on your Losarton. If it was issued in the last couple of months,  or you have some that has it should be fine.

It is important that you hold your doses unless Shep or Alto tell you otherwise.

You are doing better than most with good days. You need to be sure not to compromise them with changes so you can get even more.

19 hours ago, Jlkdr said:

I get very lonely

I seem to remember you saying you had a dog.

What is his/her name, what breed or crosses?

When I was having trouble sleeping I began walking my dog last thing at night, just far enough to tire me.

I got into the habit and still do it.

Well done for updating your drug signature. Another job I don't need to do.:rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Shep said:

Please be very consistent with your drugs going forward. Some people with a history of taking a benzo "as needed" or adding an additional benzo "as needed" struggle with coping during upticks in symptoms, so the more non-drug coping techniques you develop, the easier this journey will be.

Shep is one of the most patient people I know, stick with her recommendations and those good days will get better.

It will take time but it will happen.

Have a good night

Sassenach

Hi, Sassenach, 

Yes, I have 4 female dogs: 2 standard poodles, a rescue miniature poodle, and a rescue beagle. Lol, the beagle is the most precious little girl. My dogs all have issues. My young standard is overactive, into everything she shouldn’t be. I’m waiting for her to grow out of that. She’s almost 2. My old standard is 14 1/2. She has spinal issues that prevent her from being active or mobile. I have to lift her a lot. She coughed all night, got me up repeatedly to take her out. (She sleeps with me as do others.) Shes fine today.

My miniature poodle has bad anxiety and barks (screams) about everything. My little beagle has severe allergies. But she’s just adorable. I fostered her and didn’t have the heart to let her go to adoption. I was afraid no one would care for her properly. Needless to say, we are at the vet a lot. Appointment Thursday. I love them, but they cause me stress. I am so grateful to have a friend who watches them for me when I leave to go visit my daughter in Maryland. I’m leaving next week to see her for the 9 days of her vacation. 

Thank you for all of your help! Thank you all.

Oh, my losartan is filled monthly, so it’s current. I wonder why no one ever told me about the recall. 

Jlkdr

Losartan 50 mg daily 

• Moderator Emeritus
15 minutes ago, Jlkdr said:

I wonder why no one ever told me about the recall. 

Doen't matter you will be fine.

Good night, hope the dogs let you sleep.

Sassenach

8/13/19

7:30 AM Awake, bad night, up most of the night with sick senior dog. Feeling anxious, sick, overwhelmed. 

8:30 AM Fisher Wallace

9:30 AM Krill oil, Losartan

12:30 PM Lunch

2:30 PM Workout at gym3:30 PM Home, felt sick, anxious, nauseated, mini panic attack, worked in yard trimming bushes until tired5:30 PM Feeling better, settled home maintenance issue 

7:00 PM Book group 

10:00 PM Bedtime, Fisher Wallace stimulator, 400 mg magnesium, .75 mg klonopin, feeling peaceful

Edited by ChessieCat
Text size

Losartan 50 mg daily 

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for adding your sleep aid dates in your signature. 10 days hopefully wasn't long enough to develop a dependency. Did you feel any differently when you stopped? 

I'm sorry to read your dog is sick. I hope it's nothing serious and he/she is feeling better today. 

Hi, Shep, I can’t say that I felt different when I quit taking additional sleep aid. I am not really sure. I just accepted that I needed to do it. If I felt any discomfort, it was temporary. I can tell my body is adjusting to .75 night time dose of  Klonopin. Just have anxiety upon awakening. And randomly through the day. 

Thank you for your sentiments regarding my dog. She’s an old girl and has developed lots of issues.But I worry about her. I’m taking a trip. I pray she’s ok. Another round of coughing last night. 

Have a good day! Thank you!

jlkdr

Losartan 50 mg daily