Jump to content
HopeFloats

HopeFloats: Prozac, amino acids, withdrawals – reinstating Prozac

Recommended Posts

Shep
13 hours ago, HopeFloats said:

I purchased a topical cream that supposedly works on nerve pain called Topricin.

 

would you mind sending me the drug interaction link? I’m having trouble finding it 

 

Here you go:

 

Drug Interaction Checker

 

I searched SA for Topricin, but I didn't find anything, so please research this carefully before using. You may want to try just a very small amount for a day or two to see if your nervous system hyper-reacts before using the recommended amount. 

 

Please also see: 

 

Non-drug techniques for dealing with body pain

Share this post


Link to post
HopeFloats
2 hours ago, Shep said:

 

Here you go:

 

Drug Interaction Checker

 

I searched SA for Topricin, but I didn't find anything, so please research this carefully before using. You may want to try just a very small amount for a day or two to see if your nervous system hyper-reacts before using the recommended amount. 

 

Please also see: 

 

Non-drug techniques for dealing with body pain


Out of desperation, I tried two new things last night.

 

Magnesium Oil Spray and the Topricin.

 

I think the Topricin may have helped a bit.

 

However, I had a horrible nights sleep. Not sure if it was a coincidence or not. 

 

The cream did not affect anxiety or anything like that. 
 

I briefly spoke with my doctor and he believes the pain I am experiencing is neuropathic. 

Share this post


Link to post
HopeFloats

10/7:

2am - woke up

3:48am - woke up

5:35am - awake, think I have been awake since 5am

6;30am - took 1.25 mg Prozac 

                 anxiety is low

10am - went on walk, does not help the pain

             I just cried the whole time

3pm - went on another walk

            mood may have improved a teeny, tiny bit

6pm - went in the spa, my pain is greatly relieved when I am in the spa

7pm - put on Magnesium Oil

7:30pm - put on Topricin

8pm - took 400 mg Magnesium and 25 mg Iron

9pm - took reduced GABA Calm, 22.5 ml

9:30pm - took 1000 mg Tryptophan

10 pm - took time released 1.05 mg Melatonin

11pm - going to bed, dont feel that tired 

10/8:

12:23pm - woke up, bathroom, having trouble falling back to sleep

2:05am - woke up

2:21am - still awake

3am - awake, not sure if I dozed off from the last time

3:32am - awake, not sure if I am dozing off for a brief time in between

4:30am - awake for good, tossing and turning

5:40am - got up to watch tv

6:30am - 1.25 mg Prozac

                  anxiety is low

                  can feel the back pain 

 

***bad day, mood felt very low

***terrible night's sleep - is this me being hyper-sensitive to the Topricin or was it just a bad nights sleep?  I haven't had this much trouble sleeping in a few weeks,

***the anxiety ranged from a 1 - 3, mild and tolerable for the most part

***main issue is pain, low mood and now insomnia

***appetite has decreased today - did not eat as much 

Share this post


Link to post
HopeFloats

Hi @Sassenach, @Shep, @BrassMonkey @Dejavu @mdwstrx or anyone 😊

 

I need a friend today so I thought I would see if anyone is out there.

 

Having a lot of problems with neck/shoulder/back and arm pain. Started back up a week ago and is not relenting. I was finally feeling better and then this hits. 

 

Tried to get some relief by applying what I thought was a harmless topical cream and then I had one of the worst cases of insomnia ever last night. I think the cream helped with pain too which is a drag if it robs my sleep. 
 

Anyone else have neuropathic pain from these evil drugs? Did everything finally resolve? I am petrified that I have developed some chronic pain condition that will never end.
 

Feeling broken especially after my physical anxiety began improving along with my mood. I’m 10 weeks in to reinstatement.

 

I feel like I have plummeted down.

 

Looking for Hope.

 

HF

Share this post


Link to post
mdwstrx

Hi Hope!  

So sorry to hear about your pain. Do you think it’s a wave you’ve entered?  

Share this post


Link to post
HopeFloats
11 minutes ago, mdwstrx said:

Hi Hope!  

So sorry to hear about your pain. Do you think it’s a wave you’ve entered?  


I’m not sure if it’s a wave or something else. I feel like I’ve stepped into a completely different w/d since my symptoms are so different now. It is so weird. 
 

If it is a wave, it’s a nasty one and long one for me. I don’t recall being in a wave with no windows for this long.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
mdwstrx
1 hour ago, HopeFloats said:

I’m not sure if it’s a wave or something else. I feel like I’ve stepped into a completely different w/d since my symptoms are so different now. It is so weird. 

 

I had a few different symptoms manifest during later waves. They were worrisome but went away. 

For ex.  muscle jerking (myoclonus) , trouble breathing that really really bothered me to almost a panic, sharp

pain in my thigh muscle etc.  These drugs impact so many areas of our bodies that symptoms pop up all over throughout

w/d.  All of mine eventually went away.  I hope that comforts you to some extent. 🙏

 

PS.. when I taper, I do get slight w/d symptoms that cause me some un-comfortableness but very bearable for the most part.  

It includes neuropathy in my arms but usually in the background.  I don't notice it much.

 

Hold course and know that time and faith will heal you.  💜

 

Share this post


Link to post
HopeFloats
17 minutes ago, mdwstrx said:

 

I had a few different symptoms manifest during later waves. They were worrisome but went away. 

For ex.  muscle jerking (myoclonus) , trouble breathing that really really bothered me to almost a panic, sharp

pain in my thigh muscle etc.  These drugs impact so many areas of our bodies that symptoms pop up all over throughout

w/d.  All of mine eventually went away.  I hope that comforts you to some extent. 🙏

 

PS.. when I taper, I do get slight w/d symptoms that cause me some un-comfortableness but very bearable for the most part.  

It includes neuropathy in my arms but usually in the background.  I don't notice it much.

 

Hold course and know that time and faith will heal you.  💜

 


Thank you for your positive note. It really means so much to me to have your support. Sometimes we just need to hear (again) that things will be ok. 💜
 

I need your advice on how to handle something at work. My manager had asked me to give a presentation to a large group of people. Honestly, I don’t feel up to it right now. For starters, giving speeches has always been my worst fear and now that I am in w/d and what seems to be a bad wave, I just feel like this is the worst possible time to be asked this. 

 

What would be a good reason to give my boss without shooting my self in the foot?

Share this post


Link to post
mdwstrx

Tough position to be in.  I admire that you've continued to work. I'm retired from a prof position and giving a presentation was my worst responsibility. I think that's common though lol. 

 

I always think the truth works best.  You don't have to divulge all.  If it were me, I'd say I want to be honest with him/her; that  I've been going through some stressful home issues and it's just not a good time.  Clarify the stress is temporary and that it will end but for now, you need to avoid another large stressor that a presentation requires. Ask if there's anyway you can help someone else to do it. Be positive, truthful  and hold your boundary.  Your manager is entitled to an honest reason you can't perform the task but not insight into your personal life.

 

  

Share this post


Link to post
HopeFloats
24 minutes ago, mdwstrx said:

Tough position to be in.  I admire that you've continued to work. I'm retired from a prof position and giving a presentation was my worst responsibility. I think that's common though lol. 

 

I always think the truth works best.  You don't have to divulge all.  If it were me, I'd say I want to be honest with him/her; that  I've been going through some stressful home issues and it's just not a good time.  Clarify the stress is temporary and that it will end but for now, you need to avoid another large stressor that a presentation requires. Ask if there's anyway you can help someone else to do it. Be positive, truthful  and hold your boundary.  Your manager is entitled to an honest reason you can't perform the task but not insight into your personal life.

 

  


It is very common, isn’t it.


That’s a good strategy and I want to be honest with her as well. Thank you for your input. 
 

I should have known you were a professor what with your eloquent writing! 

Share this post


Link to post
mdwstrx
8 minutes ago, HopeFloats said:

I should have known you were a professor what with your eloquent writing! 

 

Well thank you for the compliment... however, I meant professional position, not professor.  Sorry to mislead. 🤓

Share this post


Link to post
HopeFloats
15 minutes ago, mdwstrx said:

 

Well thank you for the compliment... however, I meant professional position, not professor.  Sorry to mislead. 🤓


Oh! Sorry about that. I must have read it wrong. 😉

Share this post


Link to post
HopeFloats
21 hours ago, Shep said:

 

Here you go:

 

Drug Interaction Checker

 

I searched SA for Topricin, but I didn't find anything, so please research this carefully before using. You may want to try just a very small amount for a day or two to see if your nervous system hyper-reacts before using the recommended amount. 

 

Please also see: 

 

Non-drug techniques for dealing with body pain


Hi @Shep -

 

Having a second night of not being able to sleep. I’m very scared I have messed up my sleep cycle. Not sure what is going on.

 

I had been very sleepy, almost fatigued between 5:30 - 7pm. Went in the spa to relax my muscles. Put Magnesium Oil and BioFeeeze on afterwards. Did not use the Topricin on.

 

Did my nightly routine. Felt very sleepy after taking Tryptophan at 9:30pm. I kept twitching and waking up though. Took Melatonin at 10pm, went to bed thinking I would fall asleep. After 20 min, I got up not tired at all. It was like the Melatonin woke me up.

 

Im on my couch right now unable to sleep. 
 

Did the topical cream cause this? Could the magnesium oil be a problem? Also, I felt tired after tryptophan but once I took the melatonin, I felt awake. Paradoxical reaction going on at the same time?

 

Help- I’m really scared. I’ve always been able to fall asleep. 

 

HF

 

Share this post


Link to post
mdwstrx
On 10/9/2019 at 2:30 AM, HopeFloats said:

Help- I’m really scared. I’ve always been able to fall asleep. 

 

Good morning HF. 

Thinking about you and hoping you had better sleep last night. 🌼

 

Share this post


Link to post
HopeFloats

10/9:

1:14am - getting butterflies in my stomach, cannot sleep

2:43am - watching tv again, this insomnia is worse than the insomnia when I first went into W/D

                don't think I slept much at all 

5:43am – IBS

6:30am – took 1.25 mg Prozac

2pm - Lower back pain is a level 6 or 7

2:40pm – starting to feel tired

3pm – 3:30pm

went in the spa for back pain

              Feeling tired but getting a hungover/sick feeling

4:30pm – still feeling a little tired but not enough to sleep

7pm – still have that hungover/sick feeling

             Now I am not as tired as I was before

7:20pm – took a 20 minute Epsom Salt Bath, was relaxing

8pm – took 400 mg Magnesium and 25 mg Iron

8:44pm – dozing off but twitching and jerking awake

9pm – took reduced GABA Calm, 22.5 ml

9:28pm – feeling mild burning in my elbow

9:30pm – took 1000 mg Tryptophan

10pm – took time released 1.05 mg Melatonin

               Took 200 mg Theanine

               Feel wide awake

10:18pm – arm pain is there

10:45pm – weird sensations in left leg

10:53pm – can’t get comfortable on the couch, fidgety

10/10:

12:40am – woke up, I dozed off on the couch, very happy about this, not sure when I fell asleep though

2:30pm – woke up

2:48am – have a dull headache

3am – took 2 Tylenol , went back to my room to try and fall back to sleep, tossed and turned a bit

6:00 am – woke up to alarm

6:30am – took 1.25 mg Prozac

 

9 hours ago, mdwstrx said:

 

Good morning HF. 

Thinking about you and hoping you had better sleep last night. 🌼

 

 

Thank you, I appreciate that.  I did sleep better last night, thank heavens.  

Share this post


Link to post
mdwstrx

Good to hear you slept a bit better! 

I bought a weighted blanket recently

after hearing all the hype.  👍👍👍

Definitely a good purchase for me.

Share this post


Link to post
HopeFloats

Hi @mods,

 

The frequent urination is back. I had this early on in w/d, too.

 

I don’t believe it is a UTI though.

 

Is there anything that can be done to relieve this a bit?

 

Hope Floats 

Share this post


Link to post
HopeFloats
2 hours ago, HopeFloats said:

Hi @mods,

 

The frequent urination is back. I had this early on in w/d, too.

 

I don’t believe it is a UTI though.

 

Is there anything that can be done to relieve this a bit?

 

Hope Floats 

@Dejavu

 

I read that you used to experience frequent  urination. It is so uncomfortable!

 

Did you ever use the over the counter medicine called AZO? Is that safe to take without being over stimulating to our systems?

 

I am desperate to find some relief to this symptom.

 

Any advice you could give would be greatly appreciated.

 

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
composter
On 10/8/2019 at 1:59 PM, HopeFloats said:

I need a friend today so I thought I would see if anyone is out there.

 

Having a lot of problems with neck/shoulder/back and arm pain. Started back up a week ago and is not relenting. I was finally feeling better and then this hits

 

Hi HopeFloats, are you still experiencing the pain? Have you tried acupuncture for the pain? A lot of people find relief from acupuncture for muscle pain, sleep issues, and other things. Eastern medicine has a whole other philosophy of healing and a lot of its philosophy is based on allowing the body to heal itself by promoting better blood flow, etc.

Share this post


Link to post

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy