smketdie: strange brain feelings all the time need help

smketdie

23 hours ago, smketdie said:

İt gets worse as the day goes.  Iam in such bad situation at nights. Perceiving senses feels so weird physical feeling of depersonaljzation kills me. İt is like my symptoms are reaching peak. This iş New to me

Hello friend, 

I can see that you said depersonalization, I also had depersonalization , what are the physical sensations for u?, Numbness !?

Do you feel you have heavy head !?

Like u I had hallucinations and when I was waking up, I felt like I can't wake up or I have hallucinations about this waking up.

Fish oil is worsening my symptomts and magnesium as well so I think if u think they are bad for u, stop them this is my own advice.

Hope u be ok soon, dear.

i wasn't on a certain drug all the period. i took many drugs many times and for no very long period but to simplify.

--fluvoxamine maleate100 mg + amisulpride 200mg------started july 2012 and total taper in february 2015 ( 9 months without drugs then)

--sertraline 100mg -------started november 2015 and total taper (withoud reduction slowly) in november 2016( 4 months withoud drugs then).

--sertraline 100mg + quetiabine 25mg ( started in mars 2016 and for 7 months) then fluvoxamine maleate 100mg again for another 7months and after that a something like to use every drug for 14 days and for about 1.5 years.

--my last drug was trintellix 10 mg ( used it in 12/2018and total taper in 4/2019).

symptomts i have now ( bad concentration and problems in short and long memory+ bad depersonalization).

hello @Shep  after I got my blood tests it seems that my TSH and B12 are high. Tsh is 7.70 and B12 is 1000. Do you have any knowledge about those blood levels ? Doctor will give me Hypothyroidism med.  İ have no idea about B12. Doc said it is not a concern.  ( İ dont use  any supplement)

(14 years old)2014-2015 {Prozac,ritalin and concerta} 

2015-2016 {Prozac changed to Zoloft 100 mg kept taking ritalin and concerta occasionaly}

2017-2018 {CTed Zoloft began taking a lot of concerta(72mg sometimes 144mg a day) and ritalin}

2018-sept of 2018 {CT'ed concerta and ritalin.Started Zoloft 50 mg 

sept of 2018-sept 2019 {CT'ed Zoloft. 3 months later after 3 weed usages(my first times) hell started.}

sept 2019- {reinstate 25 mg Zoloft huge derealization and neck numbness and had an attack at night went to ER.Used ativan couple times. Week later cipralex (Lexapro) 12,5 given .Had huge brain shakes and restlessness.Ativan used.No drugs being used  right now.}

Supplements: Nothing

That TSH is definitely high and could explain some of your symptoms at least. I would also recommend getting a blood test to see where your testosterone levels are make sure they test for free testosterone.

• Administrator

That TSH level is very minor. My doctor says he sees TSH levels in the 40s. You don't need a thyroid drug if your TSH is high. You should take one only if you are feeling hypothyroid symptoms.

Consult Dr. Google about hypothyroidism and thyroid blood tests.

TSH is not related at all to testosterone. I do not recommend trying to adjust testosterone.

smketdie, what is your current daily symptom pattern? How have they changed in the last few months.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Thanks a lot for your answers.

@Altostrata 

My symptoms are still there. I can add Tinnitus got  much  worse and  DR is worse. I still feel my head symptoms pressure etc. I have them constantly but it seems they get worse as day goes on. I sometimes get huge heart palpilations(it beats hard) and left chest pain 

(ı dont use any supplement,alcohol)

I was concerned about my TSH and B12.  T3 and T4 are normal.  T4 is on the limit. I dont think I will use meds like you said. 

It seems that high b12 is bad. I dont have information about that. I have an appointment to doctor this monday.I might get my TC 2 and methylmalonic acid checked(dont have much Info) but normal hospitals dont have these tests unfortunately. You need to go for laboratories and they cost a lot. 

2015-2016 {Prozac changed to Zoloft 100 mg kept taking ritalin and concerta occasionaly}

2017-2018 {CTed Zoloft began taking a lot of concerta(72mg sometimes 144mg a day) and ritalin}

sept of 2018-sept 2019 {CT'ed Zoloft. 3 months later after 3 weed usages(my first times) hell started.}

sept 2019- {reinstate 25 mg Zoloft huge derealization and neck numbness and had an attack at night went to ER.Used ativan couple times. Week later cipralex (Lexapro) 12,5 given .Had huge brain shakes and restlessness.Ativan used.No drugs being used  right now.}

• Administrator
20 hours ago, Altostrata said:

smketdie, what is your current daily symptom pattern? How have they changed in the last few months.

Please answer my questions.

There is nothing wrong with your thyroid. What B12-related symptoms do you have?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

@Altostrata I didnt understand that you asked it about b12.  I have anxiety,panic attacks ,headaches but these are abundant in withdrawal too. I cant say anything spesific. I just try to go from my elevated numbers. 

I thought İ answered correctly. I cant think of a pattern as they are constant and two majör changes are tinnitus and heart palpitations, pain. Second one İ thought could be related to high TSH.

20 hours ago, smketdie said:

seems they get worse as day goes on. I sometimes get huge heart palpilations(it beats

Hello smketdie,

I think they actually don't get worse, 

They only appear and being fixed .

When you stopped the drug, nothing was working at all but by time, they start to work and you start to feel them more , that's it .

i wasn't on a certain drug all the period. i took many drugs many times and for no very long period but to simplify.

--fluvoxamine maleate100 mg + amisulpride 200mg------started july 2012 and total taper in february 2015 ( 9 months without drugs then)

--sertraline 100mg -------started november 2015 and total taper (withoud reduction slowly) in november 2016( 4 months withoud drugs then).

--sertraline 100mg + quetiabine 25mg ( started in mars 2016 and for 7 months) then fluvoxamine maleate 100mg again for another 7months and after that a something like to use every drug for 14 days and for about 1.5 years.

--my last drug was trintellix 10 mg ( used it in 12/2018and total taper in 4/2019).

symptomts i have now ( bad concentration and problems in short and long memory+ bad depersonalization).

• 3 weeks later...

İt has been some time since I wrote. It seems i cant sleep due to heart pain(chest pain), heart palpilations, feeling like İam dying because of heary attack. I went to ER 2 times. I am really scared. I havent slept for 2 days now. Melatonin seems to make my symptoms.worse by making me.energetic. I önly used 0,1 mg.

• Administrator

Hard heartbeats are a common symptom of post-acute withdrawal syndrome (PAWS).

Or it can be from too much thyroid drug. Did you start taking thyroid medication?

Have you tried magnesium separate from fish oil?

@Altostrata I didnt make any drug changes. Yes i tried mahnesium but I was hypersensitive to that also. 

My problem is while Iam trying to sleep my heart creates shock literally. İt is such a strange feeling. İt is like it gets sucked into sth. I have chest pain. Iam so sleepy but everytime.I try to sleep that electric sstrange beat happens.

Today my heart pain went to roof. I thought O was dying with that pain and my heart doing nonsense I went to ER with 170 70 pulse. They got EKG which nothing seemed wrong.  The problem is it  persists. My heart is feeling so weird after 9 hours . It is like İam in verge of having a heart attack 

• 3 months later...

Hey @Altostrata

What do you think aboutNiacinamide?

I have read contraversial articles about it. İn some of them it is called as beneficial but others claim it might cause toxicity. I read the topic about it but it doesnt seem to contain that much Info about effects on symptoms or if it revs you up or not.

• Administrator

Did you start taking thyroid hormone?

See the Symptoms and Self-Care forum for discussions of niacinamide.

When your system is sensitized and you're falling asleep, it thinks you're going unconscious and wakes you up. You might try sleeping with some soft music on or sleep sitting up, this keeps you from going into deep sleep and reassures your nervous system that you're okay. After a while, your nervous system will settle down.

Music for self-care: calms hyperalertness, anxiety, aids relaxation and sleep

Also see

@Altostrata I see that I havent made an update for a while. I dont have  heart problems anymore(except exercise intolerance). It was only temporary,thankfully. My symptoms are still head problems 24/7. I was thinking about niacinamide just because Niacinamide appears to stimulate GABA and it might be used for relief maybe( not for sleeping issues)? I didnt start thyroid meds. The reasoning behind this is it seems tsh can fluctuate due to many reasons. After my search in this topic I concluded it is not  wise to start thyroid meds before giving my system chance to stabilize. After 2 months my Tsh was back to normal, so yeah. It has been 16 months (7 months no alcohol). 

@Altostrata How was its effect on you or people you know? Does it cause paradoxical problems? I know you took it after wd but still Iam searching for beneficial supplements.

• Administrator

See the Symptoms and Self-Care forum for discussions of niacinamide.

@Altostrata I already did but there wasnt many testing. Well I will try it and write my experience with dosages, thanks.

I forgot to tell I have new really bad visual symptoms. Flashes, visual snow spirals , eyes closed hallucination etc. Its pretty scary. Tragic to be like this and forget your prior life.

• Administrator

What do you mean by hallucinations?

How have your symptoms changed in the last 6 months? When was the last time you drank alcohol?

@Altostrata

Heart symptoms went away. Head symptoms,head ear buzzing,DP Dr, neck pain,stiffness and sounds persist with same severity. I developed spirals  in my sight (all the time) and light flashes with colours like magenta (especially on corner of my sight occurs sometimes) . I still have anxiety due to head symptoms severity. İt feels like Iam passing out and my head Ears eyes neck feel really tense.

My eyes feel pressured and tense in weird ways. Sometimes when I open my eyes everything seems in weird colour and shaky. When İ close my eyes sometimes İ see light flashes.

I really dont know what to do. İs it wise to wait for so long ? My life is slipping at my sight İ cant even grasp my physical existence with symptoms. What a life , really. Existence is painful.

I have been taking fish oil for 4 days with probiotics,not before.

I have been alcohol free for 7,5 months.

Thanks for keeping your attitude  alto same for all contributorso. I dont know how much it matters in  world with many different unknown people  but I mean it.

• Administrator

In December, you decided to go on the path of slow healing without additional drugs. You are seeing slow healing. It moves along almost imperceptibly, you will need to be patient.

Many people find fish oil and magnesium supplements helpful, see
https://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/36-king-of-supplements-omega-3-fatty-acids-fish-oil/
https://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15483-magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker/

You might try a little bit of one at a time to see how it affects you.