Felisbela: short term, CT citalopram

Felisbela

1 minute ago, SolarPlexus said:

That's a normal WD symptom. Intrusive thoughts, violent thoughts, suicidal thoughts, dark thoughts. All can happen in withdrawal. Your brain is playing tricks on you because your nervous system is not functioning properly now. It needs to heal. Your body is being flooded with stress hormones that trigger depression, anxiety, etc. Keep reminding yourself that this is temporary and keep praying. Meditation helps too. Be patient and don't believe those thoughts. You will heal eventually. Give yourself time. 

Thank you so much, I keep praying that I will  get better, I smoke also I'm going to give that up, because I want to get better xxx

• 13th of August 2019 started to take 20 mg citalopram
  • 😀24th of August 2019 down to 10mg stopped citalopram altogether on the 30th of August 2019

Short term citalopram

Yes give it up and eat healthy. Drink lots of water. Keep the hope. You will heal. 

Summer 2016 - summer 2018: put on Lexapro, going from 5 mg up to 20 mg over the span of the 2 years (had visited shrink for help with obsessive thinking, was not diagnosed with anything in particular, just prescribed Lexapro 15 mins into first session)

Summer 2018: tapered down by 2.5 mg every few weeks

Protracted withdrawal ever since. 0-14 months began with a massive panic attack that landed me in ER, followed by prolonged anxiety, mental fog and a skin rash on my back. Was regularly consuming alcohol as did not know I was in WD. From then onwards, hit with worse myriad symptoms. Currently at 22 months and have electromagnetic sensitivity, brain zaps, brain fog, memory problems (especially name recall), twitch in right eyebrow, daily waking up at 3 or 4 a.m. with fast heartbeats and "sticky" negative memories, suicidal thoughts, rage episodes, temperature dysregulation, physical numbness & weakness, libido loss.   

1 minute ago, SolarPlexus said:

Yes give it up and eat healthy. Drink lots of water. Keep the hope. You will heal. 

Thank you, I don't need to smoke if I want to get better, I'm going to eat healthy and drink lots of water, I think to me you are an angel so is manymoredays you two been very helpful

• 😀24th of August 2019 down to 10mg stopped citalopram altogether on the 30th of August 2019

Short term citalopram

You are so sweet. No need to thank me. I'm happy to help. This forum is a wonderful support and many lovely people have helped me on it too in my worst waves. I pray that we all heal swiftly and come out of the experience stronger. 

Summer 2016 - summer 2018: put on Lexapro, going from 5 mg up to 20 mg over the span of the 2 years (had visited shrink for help with obsessive thinking, was not diagnosed with anything in particular, just prescribed Lexapro 15 mins into first session)

Protracted withdrawal ever since. 0-14 months began with a massive panic attack that landed me in ER, followed by prolonged anxiety, mental fog and a skin rash on my back. Was regularly consuming alcohol as did not know I was in WD. From then onwards, hit with worse myriad symptoms. Currently at 22 months and have electromagnetic sensitivity, brain zaps, brain fog, memory problems (especially name recall), twitch in right eyebrow, daily waking up at 3 or 4 a.m. with fast heartbeats and "sticky" negative memories, suicidal thoughts, rage episodes, temperature dysregulation, physical numbness & weakness, libido loss.   

4 minutes ago, SolarPlexus said:

You are so sweet. No need to thank me. I'm happy to help. This forum is a wonderful support and many lovely people have helped me on it too in my worst waves. I pray that we all heal swiftly and come out of the experience stronger. 

I hope I can come out of this horrible experience and be stronger

Just now, Felisbela said:

The worst things is the intrusive thoughts, they are horrible I hate them

Short term citalopram

5 minutes ago, Felisbela said:

The worst things is the intrusive thoughts, they are horrible I hate them

After this experience is over I hope we can still keep contact

Short term citalopram

I completely understand the intrusive thoughts. They are part of why I was on the pills in the first place. much of it was related to OCD however. Makes it hard to function. 

Prozac (2007-2008), Zoloft (2009-2017) Paxil (2017-2018), Celexa (2018), Luvox (2018-Current) Average 50-200. Nothing as of January 2019

Lorazepam 2007-Current 2MG 3 times a day

5 minutes ago, jeremy1069 said:

I completely understand the intrusive thoughts. They are part of why I was on the pills in the first place. much of it was related to OCD however. Makes it hard to function. 

I wish they would just go way they are horrible and scary

This intrusive thoughts they feel so real

Short term citalopram

1 hour ago, Ismo said:

I believe you. I have seen what these medicines can do. Here in Finland many doctors also don't believe withdrawal symptoms. I have heard many cases. Good doctors that understand this are very rare. I know it can be very annoying when somebody don't believe you but don't care. Don't care what doctors or other people thinks. 

Thank you  this offers me assurance

Short term citalopram

19 minutes ago, Felisbela said:

But I only been on citalopram for 17 days from 13th of August till the 30th of August 2019, it's now March 4th 2020, still having withdrawals symptoms it's horrible, as long I remember this experience I'll never touch another antidepressant

But I only been on citalopram for 17 days from 13th of August till the 30th of August 2019, it's now March 4th 2020, still having withdrawals symptoms it's horrible, as long I remember this experience I'll never touch another antidepressant

Short term citalopram

2 hours ago, Felisbela said:

Solar plexus are you there

Short term citalopram

29 minutes ago, Felisbela said:

Solar plexus are you there

Hi yes am here

56 minutes ago, SolarPlexus said:

Hi yes am here

Thats good I need support, because I hate the way I am now, I just want to be myself again

Thats good I need support, because I hate the way I am now, I just want to be myself again

I hope you will get better darling

Short term citalopram

You just have to be patient and take it day by day. Nothing will make the symptoms go away until your nervous system heals. So try to be as accepting as possible of the process. It's just a matter of time. I'll get you the link to a meditation that can help. 

Couldn't find the link but you can refer to this one when you're feeling edgy or frustrated with the healing process: https://baylissa.com/acceptance-and-normalizing/

8 minutes ago, SolarPlexus said:

Couldn't find the link but you can refer to this one when you're feeling edgy or frustrated with the healing process: https://baylissa.com/acceptance-and-normalizing/

Thank you darling

Short term citalopram

1 minute ago, Felisbela said:

Thank you darling

You are so understanding xx

Short term citalopram

1 hour ago, Felisbela said:

You are so understanding xx

😇😇😇😇

Short term citalopram

On 3/4/2020 at 10:40 PM, Felisbela said:

😇😇😇😇

I pray that we both heal🙏🙏🙏

Short term citalopram

• Administrator

Felisbela, I moved your recent posts here. Please put your updates in your Introductions topic. They got lost in the Symptoms and Self-Care topic.

When did you reinstate citalopram? At what dosage? What effect did it have on you? How do you feel now?

To help us out, follow these instructions Please put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature You may need to use a computer to do this.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

12 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Felisbela, I moved your recent posts here. Please put your updates in your Introductions topic. They got lost in the Symptoms and Self-Care topic.

When did you reinstate citalopram? At what dosage? What effect did it have on you? How do you feel now?

To help us out, follow these instructions Please put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature You may need to use a computer to do this.

Thank you, Altostrata

Short term citalopram

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Please read my questions carefully and answer them completely.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

5 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Please read my questions carefully and answer them completely.

Not to bad still have repetitive thoughts

Short term citalopram

• Administrator

When did you reinstate citalopram, at what dosage? How much citalopram are you taking now? This belongs in your signature.

What time of day do you take it? How do you feel before and after taking it? Have you seen improvement since you started to take it again?

1 minute ago, Felisbela said:

Not too bad still have repetitive intrusive thoughts, I stopped the citalopram cold turkey, didn't take them for too long, I was only on them for seventeen days

Short term citalopram

2 minutes ago, Felisbela said:

I'm not taking any at all, at the moment

Short term citalopram

On 3/12/2020 at 5:22 PM, Felisbela said:

I taken them at 7am in the morning

Short term citalopram

On 3/4/2020 at 4:38 PM, SolarPlexus said:

That's a normal WD symptom. Intrusive thoughts, violent thoughts, suicidal thoughts, dark thoughts. All can happen in withdrawal. Your brain is playing tricks on you because your nervous system is not functioning properly now. It needs to heal. Your body is being flooded with stress hormones that trigger depression, anxiety, etc. Keep reminding yourself that this is temporary and keep praying. Meditation helps too. Be patient and don't believe those thoughts. You will heal eventually. Give yourself time. 

hello solarplexus, how are you, hope you are well

Short term citalopram