benesh: is this possible

benesh

Hi @benesh! I wanted to conect with you as I am on my first dose drop of bupropion and escitalopram. How are you doing?

i also take Lexapro and bupropion together in the am. Have you found it better to do it differently?

im going to start journaling like Alto said. It’s just too much sometimes with work being so demanding these days. But anyways, how are things going for you? Im no tech pro but I offer my help. Hope today is a little better.

2002-2021: 19 yrs on/off psychotropics

2/2022: Wellbutrin 150mg, Lexapro 20mg  3/22: Wellbutrin 150mg xl, Lexapro 10mg    4/22: Wellbutrin 150xl, Lexapro 5mg 

4/2022: Lexa 7.5mg total, Wellbutrin 150mg    5/2022: Wellb 112.5mg xl, Lexa 7.5mg (Stopped Clonazepam & Hydroxyzine- didn't take often)

6/2022: Welbutrin 111mg xl, Lexa 6.8mg          8/2022: Wellbutrin 100mg xl, Lexa 6.8mg            10/9/22: Wellbutrin 100 mg IR, Lexa 6.5 mg

11/3/22: Wellbutrin 96 mg IR, Lexa 6.5 mg       11/30/22: Wellbutrin 96 mg IR, Lexa 6 mg

3/15/23: Wellbutrin 96 mg IR, Lexa 6.2 mg???

Other Daily Meds: Singulair 10mg, Zyrtec 10mg, Spiriva Respimat inhaler.  Rarely taking: OTC pain relievers, Diclofenac, Cyclobenzaprine, anti acids

SupplementsFish oil 1300mg, Nigella oil, Mag Glycinate 200mg, Probiotics 30 billion, 1/5 dose prenatals, Melatonin .38mg, (Reishi, Lion's Mane & psilocybin microdosing by cycles)

@DazzlingCold

hi dazzling. Sorry for the delayed response. A bit of a medical emergency for a family member the past few weeks. All is getting better for my family member 👍

In terms of me and the meds…. I too had tapered  in the beginning without adequate knowledge. PCP at the time had me drop the wellbutrin from 300 to 150 in 6 months. Then skip days in between. NOT A GOOD IDEA. 

Presently I am on 52.4 mg of wellbutrin and 7.9 of the lexapro and 5 mg of prozac.ALL IN LIQUID BY COMPOUND PHARMACIST.

I was told to divide the wellbutrin into am and pm doses. Not sure why. I take the am dose of wellbutrin and lexapro around 6 am or whenever I wake up.

Around 9 pm I take the prozac.

BTW, everything is generic.

As you can see from my signature I had been on hold for a while. Horrible unrelenting wave. Now in a window. Yahooo.

I don’t notice any interaction with the combo.

Tis about it.

Now that I feel a bit better so I am doing what I enjoy ..gardening etc….

Grabbing hold of the window.🥰

Let me know how to best support you.

•  Various antidepressants since 1995.Prozac,paxil,lexapro, Wellbutrin.
  •  2004-2021 lexapro 10 mg
  •  2009 added drug Wellbutrin 150mg, 2016  bupropian300 mg XL
  • 2019  start taper June bupropion 300 mg. Now resuming micro dose taper.2.3% reduction. At 51.8 mg.Hope to increase reduction. 
  • 2021 January 29 liquid lexapro done by compound pharmacist.
  • 2021 February 4 began  lexapro taper 
  • 2022 April 7 start 10 mg fluoxetine as bridge.
  • hyperbolic taper. Liquid lexapro 6.60, holding. 
  • 2022 April 27 dropped to 5 mg fluoxetine holding.
  • held all taper from March 2023- January 2024
  • working with mark Horowitz, a taper coach, and doing acupuncture and chiropractic work.
  • SUPPLEMENTS- Vit d3, B-12, Magnesium 200 mg, Ashwagandha 475mg, lithium  oratate 5 mg
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi Benesh.  I've run your drugs through the interaction checker, this is what I got: 

Interactions between your drugs

Major

buPROPion  FLUoxetine

Applies to: bupropion, fluoxetine

Talk to your doctor before using buPROPion together with FLUoxetine. Combining these medications may increase the risk of seizures, which may occur rarely with either medication. In addition, buPROPion can increase the blood levels of FLUoxetine, which may increase other side effects. You may be more likely to experience seizures with these medications if you are elderly, undergoing alcohol or drug withdrawal, have a history of seizures, or have a condition affecting the central nervous system such as a brain tumor or head trauma. Your doctor may be able to prescribe alternatives that do not interact, or you may need a dose adjustment or more frequent monitoring by your doctor to safely use both medications. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol during treatment. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Switch to professional interaction data

Major

buPROPion  escitalopram

Applies to: bupropion, Lexapro (escitalopram)

Talk to your doctor before using buPROPion together with escitalopram. Combining these medications may increase the risk of seizures, which may occur rarely with either medication. In addition, buPROPion can increase the blood levels of escitalopram, which may increase other side effects. You may be more likely to experience seizures with these medications if you are elderly, undergoing alcohol or drug withdrawal, have a history of seizures, or have a condition affecting the central nervous system such as a brain tumor or head trauma. Your doctor may be able to prescribe alternatives that do not interact, or you may need a dose adjustment or more frequent monitoring by your doctor to safely use both medications. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol during treatment. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Switch to professional interaction data

Major

FLUoxetine  escitalopram

Applies to: fluoxetine, Lexapro (escitalopram)

Using escitalopram together with FLUoxetine can increase the risk of a rare but serious condition called the serotonin syndrome, which may include symptoms such as confusion, hallucination, seizure, extreme changes in blood pressure, increased heart rate, fever, excessive sweating, shivering or shaking, blurred vision, muscle spasm or stiffness, tremor, incoordination, stomach cramp, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Severe cases may result in coma and even death. You should contact your doctor immediately if you experience these symptoms during treatment. In addition, combining these medications can increase the risk of an irregular heart rhythm that may be serious and potentially life-threatening, although it is a relatively rare side effect. You may be more susceptible if you have a heart condition called congenital long QT syndrome, other cardiac diseases, conduction abnormalities, or electrolyte disturbances (for example, magnesium or potassium loss due to severe or prolonged diarrhea or vomiting). Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. Your doctor may already be aware of the risks, but has determined that this is the best course of treatment for you and has taken appropriate precautions and is monitoring you closely for any potential complications. You should seek immediate medical attention if you develop sudden dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, shortness of breath, or heart palpitations during treatment with these medications, whether together or alone. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Please do not private message me.  Only tag me for urgent questions about tapering and reinstating - thank you.  

***Please note this is not medical advice.  Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a doctor who understands psych meds and how to withdraw from them, if you can find one.

Lexapro   Started Apr 15 2010 - 10 mg;  started taper August 2017, recent taper info: Apr 2 '20  0.18 mg; Jul 16  0.17 mg, Aug 23  0.16 mg, Oct 7  0.15 mg, Nov 8 - 0.14, Jan 16 '21 - 0.13, Feb 7 - 0.12, Feb 22 - 0.11, Mar 26 - 0.10, May 21 - 0.09, June 15 - 0.08 Aug 16 - 0.07, Oct 6 - 0.06, Nov 21 0.05, Dec. 17 0.04, Jan 14 '22 0.03, Feb 19 0.02, Apr 18 0.01, May 15 0.005,  Jul 8, 0.00.  Psych Drug Free as of July 8, 2022!!  Woohoo!!!

other meds: Levothyroxine 75 mg

magnesium in small amounts at 4 AM, before bed

suppl AM: fish oil, flax oil, vit C, vit E, multivitamin, zinc

suppl 8 PM: magnesium 350 mg, extended release vitamin C, melatonin 2 mg

Paxil 2002 - 2010, switched to Lexapro 2010 

Trazodone 50 mg. 2002 - 2019, fast tapered in 2019 

Xanax 0.5 mg as needed 2002 - 2019, up to 3x weekly 

• Moderator Emeritus
23 minutes ago, benesh said:

I was told to divide the wellbutrin into am and pm doses. Not sure why.

Probably because Wellbutrin has a short half life.  You must be on immediate release Wellbutrin.  

Are you still attempting a fluoxetine bridge?  I see you started it at 10 mg on April 7, and then dropped to 5 mg on April 27.  Was the reduction part of the bridging technique, or are you going off of fluoxetine altogether?  

How are you feeling since your Lexapro reduction on May 9?  

I'm glad you are feeling better at this time.  

Please do not private message me.  Only tag me for urgent questions about tapering and reinstating - thank you.  

***Please note this is not medical advice.  Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a doctor who understands psych meds and how to withdraw from them, if you can find one.

Lexapro   Started Apr 15 2010 - 10 mg;  started taper August 2017, recent taper info: Apr 2 '20  0.18 mg; Jul 16  0.17 mg, Aug 23  0.16 mg, Oct 7  0.15 mg, Nov 8 - 0.14, Jan 16 '21 - 0.13, Feb 7 - 0.12, Feb 22 - 0.11, Mar 26 - 0.10, May 21 - 0.09, June 15 - 0.08 Aug 16 - 0.07, Oct 6 - 0.06, Nov 21 0.05, Dec. 17 0.04, Jan 14 '22 0.03, Feb 19 0.02, Apr 18 0.01, May 15 0.005,  Jul 8, 0.00.  Psych Drug Free as of July 8, 2022!!  Woohoo!!!

other meds: Levothyroxine 75 mg

magnesium in small amounts at 4 AM, before bed

suppl AM: fish oil, flax oil, vit C, vit E, multivitamin, zinc

suppl 8 PM: magnesium 350 mg, extended release vitamin C, melatonin 2 mg

Paxil 2002 - 2010, switched to Lexapro 2010 

Trazodone 50 mg. 2002 - 2019, fast tapered in 2019 

Xanax 0.5 mg as needed 2002 - 2019, up to 3x weekly 

2 hours ago, benesh said:

@DazzlingCold

hi dazzling. Sorry for the delayed response. A bit of a medical emergency for a family member the past few weeks. All is getting better for my family member 👍

In terms of me and the meds…. I too had tapered  in the beginning without adequate knowledge. PCP at the time had me drop the wellbutrin from 300 to 150 in 6 months. Then skip days in between. NOT A GOOD IDEA. 

Presently I am on 52.4 mg of wellbutrin and 7.9 of the lexapro and 5 mg of prozac.ALL IN LIQUID BY COMPOUND PHARMACIST.

I was told to divide the wellbutrin into am and pm doses. Not sure why. I take the am dose of wellbutrin and lexapro around 6 am or whenever I wake up.

Around 9 pm I take the prozac.

BTW, everything is generic.

As you can see from my signature I had been on hold for a while. Horrible unrelenting wave. Now in a window. Yahooo.

I don’t notice any interaction with the combo.

Tis about it.

Now that I feel a bit better so I am doing what I enjoy ..gardening etc….

Grabbing hold of the window.🥰

Let me know how to best support you.

Glad to hear family member is better and that you are bow experiencing a window after a long wave! I see your holds in your signature. Was it due to the fast Wellbutrin withdrawal? I see you are almost off Lexapro. Great job, my friend! How is that going for you? I see you held Lexapro for a bit as well. Was the 10% in one month too much? I assume the 2.5% reduction every 2-3 weeks is working better for you? And if I am reading correctly, after your Wellbutrin hold, you started Lexapro taper while still holding on Wellbutrin at 52.5 and are still at that dose on Wellbutrin?

You sharing your experience is great support! Thank you

2/2022: Wellbutrin 150mg, Lexapro 20mg  3/22: Wellbutrin 150mg xl, Lexapro 10mg    4/22: Wellbutrin 150xl, Lexapro 5mg 

4/2022: Lexa 7.5mg total, Wellbutrin 150mg    5/2022: Wellb 112.5mg xl, Lexa 7.5mg (Stopped Clonazepam & Hydroxyzine- didn't take often)

6/2022: Welbutrin 111mg xl, Lexa 6.8mg          8/2022: Wellbutrin 100mg xl, Lexa 6.8mg            10/9/22: Wellbutrin 100 mg IR, Lexa 6.5 mg

11/3/22: Wellbutrin 96 mg IR, Lexa 6.5 mg       11/30/22: Wellbutrin 96 mg IR, Lexa 6 mg

Other Daily Meds: Singulair 10mg, Zyrtec 10mg, Spiriva Respimat inhaler.  Rarely taking: OTC pain relievers, Diclofenac, Cyclobenzaprine, anti acids

SupplementsFish oil 1300mg, Nigella oil, Mag Glycinate 200mg, Probiotics 30 billion, 1/5 dose prenatals, Melatonin .38mg, (Reishi, Lion's Mane & psilocybin microdosing by cycles)

@DazzlingCold

I began the lexapro taper because I was in too much distress when I tried to continue with the wellbutrin taper. My PCP, other MEMBERS of SA and after prayerful consideration decided to hold and start the lexapro taper. I began with 10% a month. Then did micro taper of lexapro. I  felt good off and on until end of August 2021 after I fell helping a friend move. A member of SA said it was a trauma to my body so holding would have been a good idea.

Anyway I had months of waves.I am not close to finishing the lexapro taper because the closer to zero the slower One needs to go.🤦🏻‍♀️
I watched a great video explaining why things can be such a challenge. 
I will do my best to copy and send your way.

My plan now is 2.5% every 2 weeks for the lexapro and hold if need be.

Video info in case it gets moved: 

Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Institute for Psychiatric Drug Withdrawal

Happy to finally be in a place to offer some support.

Edited by ChessieCat
added YT channel and video title
  • 2019  start taper June bupropion 300 mg. Now resuming micro dose taper.2.3% reduction. At 51.8 mg.Hope to increase reduction. 
  • working with mark Horowitz, a taper coach, and doing acupuncture and chiropractic work.
  • SUPPLEMENTS- Vit d3, B-12, Magnesium 200 mg, Ashwagandha 475mg, lithium  oratate 5 mg
4 hours ago, benesh said:

@DazzlingCold

I began the lexapro taper because I was in too much distress when I tried to continue with the wellbutrin taper. My PCP, other MEMBERS of SA and after prayerful consideration decided to hold and start the lexapro taper. I began with 10% a month. Then did micro taper of lexapro. I  felt good off and on until end of August 2021 after I fell helping a friend move. A member of SA said it was a trauma to my body so holding would have been a good idea.

Anyway I had months of waves.I am not close to finishing the lexapro taper because the closer to zero the slower One needs to go.🤦🏻‍♀️

Thank you!

4 hours ago, benesh said:

@DazzlingCold

And good luck with the withdrawal at the end. I have read it is a lot harder. 

• Moderator Emeritus
6 hours ago, benesh said:

Excellent video.  Thank you for sharing it.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

getoffflex,

Yup I saw the drug interactions. Ugh. I have been taking these meds for so long who knows if and when these drug interactions may make themselves known in my system.

Thanks for sending my way.Of course when I was prescribed the cocktail of these drugs no one told me to check the potential dangers.

Yes I reduced the prozac on my own quickly after starting. Weird feeling in my head. Now ok.

Yes plan is to proceed with escitalopram taper then bupropion then fluoxetine. Hopefully before I turn 100 years old.🥹

Major yahoooo for you that you are nearly finished with the tapering ordeal. You have been a faithful resource in the midst of it all.

Warmly and with appreciation.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello @benesh

I've read your thread. I’m so sorry you are going through this. It’s hell on earth. 

Yiu haven’t posted in a while. How are you doing? 

🌺❤️🙏🏻

ninabird

PREVIOUS

2018 Ativan 1mg Oct-Jan (CT), 2019 Effexor 75mg, Klonopin .25mg, Trazadone 75mg, Bridge to Prozac (?dose), 2020 Taper off all, 2021 Zoloft (?dose), Jan-May (CT @ Hospital), Remeron (?dose) Trazadone 75mg, Propanolol (?dose), Klonopin .50mg, Buspar (?dose),

2021 Prozac (?dose), Trazadone 75mg, Klonopin 2 times a day, 2021 August fast taper Trazadone  Prozac fast taper in August. August Lexapro 10mg

2022 January  Lexapro to 25mg, February FT to 10mg Lexapro over 6 weeks, Klonopin .25mg 2 times a day, May Effexor 35mg, June bridge from Effexor to 30mg Cymbalta. Held on Lexapro until November.

supplements  2023  Jan Probiotics stopped taking after two weeks ADR April 1k Iu Vitamin D W/ K stopped after a few days ADR. March 50mg Mag glycinate stopped after a week ADR

January 2023added an additional .25 mg Klonopin (.25 mg three times a day)

CURRENT

1/23-Present Klonopin .75mg divided into .25mg 3 times a day. 6:30am, 12:00pm, 6:30pm 

1/23Present Lexapro .101 mgpw - 8.08 mgai 8:00am

1/23-Present Estradiol .50mg 8:00am

1/23-Present 30mg Cymbalta 12:30pm

6/23 to present Holding no changes 7/4 reduced Lexapro to 7.92mg 7/31 7.84mg 8/7 7.76mg 7/14 7.60mg 10/1 7.44mg 10/28 7.36mg 2/1 7.12mg 2/14 7.04mg 3/5/24 6.88mg 3/12 6.80mg

Awww thanks @Ninabird.I am still around and joyfully a bit less wavey. Mostly windows but need to be vigilant with pacing myself and my unhelpful thoughts. 
I remain at the 5 mg prozac bridge, 52.4 mg bupropion , and now at 7.9 mg escitalopram. Decreasing every 2 weeks by

2.5% if remaining stable. 
How can I support you? I so appreciate you reaching out to me.

Blessings Ninabird.

Hi Benesh,

How are you doing today? I am doing pretty good all considering. I gave up sugar yesterday and so far so good. I am having waves of burning anxiety. When it comes I just wait for it to subside. What a wild ride this is. I am far from being done and hope I learn new coping skills and acceptance of where I am right now. 

How can you support me? A kind word is always appreciative so is prayer. How about you? How can I be of support to you? So good to exchange a thread with you. May you have an abundance of blessings and belly laughs today.

2 hours ago, benesh said:

unhelpful thoughts. 

I am very guilty of this especially during waves.

PREVIOUS

2018 Ativan 1mg Oct-Jan (CT), 2019 Effexor 75mg, Klonopin .25mg, Trazadone 75mg, Bridge to Prozac (?dose), 2020 Taper off all, 2021 Zoloft (?dose), Jan-May (CT @ Hospital), Remeron (?dose) Trazadone 75mg, Propanolol (?dose), Klonopin .50mg, Buspar (?dose),

2021 Prozac (?dose), Trazadone 75mg, Klonopin 2 times a day, 2021 August fast taper Trazadone  Prozac fast taper in August. August Lexapro 10mg

2022 January  Lexapro to 25mg, February FT to 10mg Lexapro over 6 weeks, Klonopin .25mg 2 times a day, May Effexor 35mg, June bridge from Effexor to 30mg Cymbalta. Held on Lexapro until November.

supplements  2023  Jan Probiotics stopped taking after two weeks ADR April 1k Iu Vitamin D W/ K stopped after a few days ADR. March 50mg Mag glycinate stopped after a week ADR

CURRENT

1/23-Present Klonopin .75mg divided into .25mg 3 times a day. 6:30am, 12:00pm, 6:30pm 

6/23 to present Holding no changes 7/4 reduced Lexapro to 7.92mg 7/31 7.84mg 8/7 7.76mg 7/14 7.60mg 10/1 7.44mg 10/28 7.36mg 2/1 7.12mg 2/14 7.04mg 3/5/24 6.88mg 3/12 6.80mg

• 3 weeks later...

@Ninabird

HELLO DEAR NINA BIRD,

Off the SA SITE for a bit. Still experiencing windows. I could shout from the roof tops. Amazing to simply do life.
I had a brief crying jag on Friday and gulp …but it was situational from what I can deduce. But brief panic of rutroh..is this a wave?

I so appreciated your comments about prayers and belly laughs. Prayers yes..and corny influenced belly laughs. I like asking ALEXA …tell me a joke. I think she is very funny most of the time. My hubby rolls his eyes but I bet he is holding back a chuckle.

I continue with the 2.5% reduction of the escitalopram every 2 weeks. As of July 4 I will be at 7.4 mg. My this is slow going. I want to speed it up but family says whoa..enjoy the reprieve. 
I hope you are finding peace in the storm and sure footing as you continue to keep on keeping on. Yes recovery and healing is happening for you. 
Blessing galore. 
🙏Benesh

@benesh

Hi Benesh! SHOUT from the rooftops! Celebrate this long window! I am so happy for you. I bet it feels absolutely glorious! Tell me one wonderful thing you've done while in this window. I am going to enjoy your window with you.😆 

I ask my Alexa all of the time to tell me a joke. I have to admit, rarely does she get even a chuckle out of me. I will go to Pandora and play Kathryn Madigan radio and laugh and laugh....it's not "clean," humor but I don't care. I am in WD damnit! Bring on the profanity. lol

Right now I am sitting at my Open House and it is slow. I am sure it has everything to do with the Holiday. That is ok because I am able to catch up on chatting with beautiful souls such as yourself. 

I resumed my taper last Monday. In a way I want to do a happy dance because I have 2.5% less Lexapro in my system than a week ago. I understand your wanting to go faster on your taper but if you are feeling good.....why disrupt the window, ya know? 

It is hard for me to tell if I have tapering symptoms or if its WD. Ughhh... today I feel so tense. My tummy actually feels like it's in knots. I never have tummy issues. Anxiety is coming in waves and in intensity. I laughed at it earlier and called the anxiety a "little f---er!" What!? It is! lol My head is tingling a lot as well but no brain zaps, thank gosh!

I hope you are going to do something fun on your 4th of July holiday. I pray that your window stays! 

Take care sweet Benesh

PREVIOUS

CURRENT

Awww.. thanks @Ninabird

Welllll I so enjoy gardening. Flowers especially. I can’t get over their beautiful faces and brilliant colors. God is soooo creative.

Time with friends. I have been a recluse almost agoraphobic for the past..way too long. 
Resumed planet fitness. I am not a real athlete but like getting my muscles worked a wee bit. I won their black-card membership so I can even  bring a guest.

Finally I eat whole food plant based so making meals is needed. During horrific WD, I could hardly eat let alone make meals. I pushed myself allot but now I can enjoy the process.

Are you selling your home..open house?  Be gentle with yourself.

I appreciate your sense of humor and outlook in the midst of your journey. You will get to the other side.

benesh

• 3 weeks later...

Wondering if others encounter this? 
I do not want to be around most folk..almost agoraphobic. Afraid my brain won’t cooperate and will not be able to interact. I feel like a dolt most of the time.

Also everyday to do’s overwhelm me. Take a shower, eat, decide on what to make for dinner. Afraid to be alone. Also afraid to be with others where I need to talk. What on earth about this tapering interrupts such mundane life activities.

I did have 53 days of freedom. When in it, I could hardly recall the horrific aspects of the waves. Now well….

Trying to cling to hope, not listen to my mind so much and do itty bitty things. Just needed to write to others who might relate. I feel like a freak.

Hi @benesh

I'm sorry you're dealing with these WD difficulties.

18 minutes ago, benesh said:

Wondering if others encounter this? 
I do not want to be around most folk..almost agoraphobic. Afraid my brain won’t cooperate and will not be able to interact. I feel like a dolt most of the time.

Also everyday to do’s overwhelm me. Take a shower, eat, decide on what to make for dinner. Afraid to be alone. Also afraid to be with others where I need to talk. What on earth about this tapering interrupts such mundane life activities.

I did have 53 days of freedom. When in it, I could hardly recall the horrific aspects of the waves. Now well….

Trying to cling to hope, not listen to my mind so much and do itty bitty things. Just needed to write to others who might relate. I feel like a freak.

This all sounds very familiar! 

You are not a freak -- or, if you are, so am I. We can be WD freaks together. 

Remember these are "just" WD symptoms, they are not you. 

WD is temporary, the symptoms will pass. It gets better. 

Keep doing those itty-bitty things. They add up and help carry us through on this long, hard road. 

If it starts to feel like your WD symptoms get too intense, you always have the option of pausing your taper for a while to do a longer hold.

Another option could be to check with a moderator to assess the situation. 

Hang in there, benesh. You're doing a great job! 

You got this. 

In solidarity and support,

A.

1996-2018 - misc. polypharmacy, incl. SSRIs, SNRIs, neuroleptics, lithium, benzos, stimulants, antihistamines, etc. (approx. 30+ drugs)

2012-2018 - 10mg lexapro/escitalopram (20mg?)    Jan. 2018 - 10mg -> 5mg, then from 5mg -> 2.5mg, then 0mg  -->  July 2018 - 0mg

2017(?)-2020 - vyvanse/lisdexamfetamine 60-70mg    2020-2021 - 70mg down to 0mg  -->  July 2021 - 0mg

March-April 2021 - vortioxetine 5-10mg (approx. 7 weeks total; CT)  -->  April 28th, 2021 - 0mg

August 2021 - 2mg melatonin   August 1, 2022 - 1mg melatonin   March 31, 2023 - 0mg melatonin

2024 supplements update: electrolyte blend in water sipped throughout the day; 1 tsp fish oil blend w/ morning meal (incl. vit. A+D+E); calcium; vitamin C+zinc

Courage is fear that has said its prayers.  - Karle Wilson Baker

love and justice are not two. without inner change, there can be no outer change; without collective change, no change matters.  - Rev. angel Kyodo williams

Holding multiple truths. Knowing that everyone has their own accurate view of the way things are.  - text on homemade banner at Afiya house

I am not a medical professional; this is not medical advice. 

I too relate to everything you wrote, @benesh. It is awful to struggle so much with mundane everyday tasks.  Everything I have to do is a monumental effort and causes anxiety....as a result I keep putting things off for as long as possible. You are not alone in this struggle.  

1 hour ago, benesh said:

Trying to cling to hope, not listen to my mind so much and do itty bitty things.

You are doing great, Benesh.....I know how hard these things are to do. Hang in there!

-1/06 - 3/07 Cymbalta. Fast taper (essentially CT); withdrawal symptoms after 4 mos (didn't realize was WD)

-10/07: 100 mg Zoloft; 1 mg Klonopin - tapered off Klonopin after 4 mos. Several unsuccessful slow tapers of Zoloft; went up and down in dose a lot

-Spring 2013 back on 1 mg Klonopin to counter WD symptoms; switched over 5-6 mos from Zoloft to 35 mg citalopram
-Two attempts at slow tapering citalopram, always increased dose due to WD; also increased Klonopin to 1.25 mg in 2014, then to 1.5 mg in 2015

-8/17-9/17: After holding one year at 20 mg, feeling withdrawal symptoms due to stress - slowly increased to 25 mg. No change in symptoms after 6 months (? tolerance ?)  - decided to start citalopram taper February 2018 (still on Klonopin 1.5 mg).

Supplements: fish oil; magnesium; vitamin D3; curcumin

Citalopram taper:  2/2018 - 12/2019: 25 mg - 11.03 mg I 2020: 10.89 mg - 7.9 mg I 2021: 7.8 mg - 5.26 mg I 2022: 5.2 mg - 3.36 mg I 2023: 3.3 mg - 1.47 mg 2024: 1/5/24: 1.44 mg; 1/19/24: 1.40 mg; 1/26/24: 1.37 mg; 2/2/24: 1.34 mg; 2/9/24: 1.31 mg; 2/23/24: 1.28 mg; 3/1/24: 1.25 mg; 3/8/24: 1.22 mg; 3/15/24: 1.19 mg; 3/29/24: 1.17 mg; 4/5/24: 1.14 mg; 4/13/24: 1.11 mg; 4/20/24: 1.09 mg

• Mentor

@benesh

Boy can I relate.  Take a shower whats that LOL  Eat oh man what can I eat today and how much work will it be to make it.  Walk okay but I don't want to meet/see anyone. 

I guess I will be joining the freak club too.:blink:

Hang in there benesh somehow someway we will get through the days.  Our normal is around the corner🌞

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/24894-greatful-is-this-withdrawal-or-to-many-med-changes-at-once/

1995? Prozac,  tried several Paxil, Serzone, St John's Wart back to Prozac and Trazodone ct:d Traz

Lexapro. Tried to stop Crash in 2015  Kindled   Hospitalized, Vybrid, Seroquel, Effexor, Abilify  Pristiq, Wellbutrin-- 2016  ended back on   Prozac and Lamictal 200mg

5/2020  thru 12/2020 taper from 20mg  Prozac  down to 3mg.  Crashed  12/13/2020 Zoloft 50mg 1/29ct  1/29/2021 Seroquel 50mg ct  2/12/2021 Wellbutrin 75mg.  Became hypo manic 2/1  6ct Trazodone 50mg 4/25  25mg 2/5/ 2021 Lamictal 150mg.  2/24  100mg   4/9  75mg   4/21 37.5 

2/16/2021 Seroquel 50xr  3/3 100mg  3/17  150mg  side effects ct   4/3 2021 Lexapro 5mg  4/14  7.5mg  4/30 10mg  5/10  7.5mg 

2021/ 5/16  5mg Lexapro   37.5 Lamictal   25mg trazadone,   xanax  .0625mg  3x a day   

Lexapro  Taper> Sept/01/2021  4.90mg>  Sept/25  4.75mg>   Oct/19 4.69mg > Nov/14 4.2mg    Jan/30/2022-- Split dosing 2x a day All liquid  4.2mg  (2.20mg at 8am & 2mg at 4pm) 2/17 4mg>  2/24  3.8mg  slow taper to  Aug/12/2022 2.04mg  2023> 2mg,  1.90mg, 1.80mg, 1.70mg, 1.5mg, 1.4mg, 1.3mg 1.2mg, 1.1mg, 1mg, 0.9mg, 0.8mg, 0.7mg 0.65mg, 0.6mg, 0.55mg, 0.5mg, 0.45mg, 0.4mg, 0.35mg, 0.3mg, 0.25,mg, back to once a day dosing 0 .1mg, 0.07mg , 0.05mg 4/1/2024   0

Lamictal  taper  4/17/ 2022 25mg, 9/9/ 22 -20mg, 9/25/22- 15mg , 10/20/22-   0

Trazodone..2023.>down to 14mg, 7mg, 6mg  July 2023   0

Xanax  0.0625 3 x a day,  2023>  0.042 3x a day

Supplements  Magnesium glycinate, Omega 3, D3, vitamin c , zinc, NAC 

On 7/23/2022 at 1:49 PM, benesh said:

Just needed to write to others who might relate. I feel like a freak.

I can relate, enmesh. I understand that you feel different from others right now. You are in no way a "freak." You are going through something very difficult and very painful. That does not make you a "freak." Be gentle with yourself. Be kind to yourself. You are worthy. I am a text away if you need anything. 

Wishing you peace.

PREVIOUS

CURRENT

• 4 weeks later...

@Ninabird

@Greatful

@wantrelief

@Ariel

I keep rereading your response posts, clinging to your words of encouragement.Status quo in terms of medications.Soon I will switch to making a capsule of the bupropion. Still at 52.4 mg.Then I will do only oral solutions for the fluoxetine( 7.5 mg) and the escitalopram (7.4mg).

Morning dread and crying jags persist. I am consumed by doubt and fear. Is this withdrawal? I recall having aspects of this my whole life but now it so magnified. I did have a bit of a routine of tapping, wim hof  breathing, and afternoon walk. Felt a bit stronger. Last week I decided to head to shore alone. Hoping to pray and seek answers. Sometimes it is easier to be alone. I feel so guilty that  I am so heavy all the time.I want to give my husband a break from me. I sure would like that as well. 
I have no purpose these days other than to get through the day. How does one cope with having so little interest or motivation? Is that where radical acceptance  and self compassion are to come in?  I don’t think I get how that works.

Have any of you felt like just going cold turkey? I am miserable now so how much worse can it get? 
I wish there was SOMETHING I could do to help hasten the healing. 
Rambling and drowning in negativity so signing off. Someday I want to be an encourager. 
🥹

• Mentor

@benesh  My heart goes out to you benesh.  You are echoing many things that I am experiencing.   I know how hard it is to accept any of this. I'll you can ask yourself is to accept things as they are for the day.  I truly don't know  all  the right answers on what is the right for me concerning my own struggles getting off of these drugs,  let alone to tell you want is right for you. I can say I don't think a CT is going to be the answer.  

What motivates you to keep moving forward?  I find it's different for me at different times.  Sometimes it's watching/reading/listening to things about these drugs.  This helps keep me focused on the need to get off. Sometimes it's reading success stories, or reaching out to others here on SA, or trying to find comfort and solitude within myself, my faith, to name a few.

I know how hard it is to feel useful or productive when it is hard to function.  Can you focus on what you can do to get through the days.   We did not choose this, it is happening to us.  All we can do is find compassion and love towards ourselves.  

It really make me sad to see that we both have been poly drugged in our efforts to find a way to feel better when it's the drugs that are what  caused so much of the  destruction. You are not alone, I think I can say many of us feel your pain, confusion and sadness over this whole experience.♥️

You might want to tag a mod to see if you are experiencing adverse reaction or any other drug affects, you are on 3 drugs and I worry about negative effects and them not playing nice together.  

Dig down deep Benesh, lean on the things that give you strength.  Sadly there is only one way out and that is through it.

Sending you a big hug and encouragement.🤗

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/24894-greatful-is-this-withdrawal-or-to-many-med-changes-at-once/

1995? Prozac,  tried several Paxil, Serzone, St John's Wart back to Prozac and Trazodone ct:d Traz

Lexapro. Tried to stop Crash in 2015  Kindled   Hospitalized, Vybrid, Seroquel, Effexor, Abilify  Pristiq, Wellbutrin-- 2016  ended back on   Prozac and Lamictal 200mg

5/2020  thru 12/2020 taper from 20mg  Prozac  down to 3mg.  Crashed  12/13/2020 Zoloft 50mg 1/29ct  1/29/2021 Seroquel 50mg ct  2/12/2021 Wellbutrin 75mg.  Became hypo manic 2/1  6ct Trazodone 50mg 4/25  25mg 2/5/ 2021 Lamictal 150mg.  2/24  100mg   4/9  75mg   4/21 37.5 

2/16/2021 Seroquel 50xr  3/3 100mg  3/17  150mg  side effects ct   4/3 2021 Lexapro 5mg  4/14  7.5mg  4/30 10mg  5/10  7.5mg 

2021/ 5/16  5mg Lexapro   37.5 Lamictal   25mg trazadone,   xanax  .0625mg  3x a day   

Lexapro  Taper> Sept/01/2021  4.90mg>  Sept/25  4.75mg>   Oct/19 4.69mg > Nov/14 4.2mg    Jan/30/2022-- Split dosing 2x a day All liquid  4.2mg  (2.20mg at 8am & 2mg at 4pm) 2/17 4mg>  2/24  3.8mg  slow taper to  Aug/12/2022 2.04mg  2023> 2mg,  1.90mg, 1.80mg, 1.70mg, 1.5mg, 1.4mg, 1.3mg 1.2mg, 1.1mg, 1mg, 0.9mg, 0.8mg, 0.7mg 0.65mg, 0.6mg, 0.55mg, 0.5mg, 0.45mg, 0.4mg, 0.35mg, 0.3mg, 0.25,mg, back to once a day dosing 0 .1mg, 0.07mg , 0.05mg 4/1/2024   0

Lamictal  taper  4/17/ 2022 25mg, 9/9/ 22 -20mg, 9/25/22- 15mg , 10/20/22-   0

Trazodone..2023.>down to 14mg, 7mg, 6mg  July 2023   0

Xanax  0.0625 3 x a day,  2023>  0.042 3x a day

Supplements  Magnesium glycinate, Omega 3, D3, vitamin c , zinc, NAC 

@GreatfulAwww thanks for life giving words. I will review again and again.

Oh and It lists you as a mentor. And then you mention contact a moderator.

There are various parts to this on line stuff that leaves me scratching my head. So how do I know who is a moderator? 
Wish I could write more but glad I saw you responded so I could say THANK YOU.

HUGS and healing to you as well. 
Always through to get to the other side.Yup. Got it.
❤️

@benesh

I'm so sorry it's rough going <3

On 8/23/2022 at 5:33 PM, benesh said:

Morning dread and crying jags persist. I am consumed by doubt and fear. Is this withdrawal? I recall having aspects of this my whole life but now it so magnified.

Yes, this sounds like WD. It's not you! The real you is in there safely tucked away in the sweetest cocoon. When the time comes you will emerge intact and wingéd and full of life! All the WD muck will be gone and you will take to the skies leaving all this chemical slime behind. 

Do you know this topic on neuro-emotions?

Last week I decided to head to shore alone. Hoping to pray and seek answers. Sometimes it is easier to be alone. I feel so guilty that  I am so heavy all the time.

You are not alone in feeling like it can be easier to be alone! 

Please don't beat yourself up about any of this. It's not your fault. 

(You may be experiencing neuro-guilt, see aforementioned help topic.)

You're in WD and your brain and body are working so hard to protect you and heal. 

It's good that you listened to your needs and went to spend some time in your own company by the shore.

I have no purpose these days other than to get through the day. How does one cope with having so little interest or motivation? Is that where radical acceptance  and self compassion are to come in?  I don’t think I get how that works.

Do you know this topic on Acceptance and Hope

Sending you all my well wishes and healing vibes, in solidarity and support <3

A.

1996-2018 - misc. polypharmacy, incl. SSRIs, SNRIs, neuroleptics, lithium, benzos, stimulants, antihistamines, etc. (approx. 30+ drugs)

2012-2018 - 10mg lexapro/escitalopram (20mg?)    Jan. 2018 - 10mg -> 5mg, then from 5mg -> 2.5mg, then 0mg  -->  July 2018 - 0mg

2017(?)-2020 - vyvanse/lisdexamfetamine 60-70mg    2020-2021 - 70mg down to 0mg  -->  July 2021 - 0mg

March-April 2021 - vortioxetine 5-10mg (approx. 7 weeks total; CT)  -->  April 28th, 2021 - 0mg

August 2021 - 2mg melatonin   August 1, 2022 - 1mg melatonin   March 31, 2023 - 0mg melatonin

2024 supplements update: electrolyte blend in water sipped throughout the day; 1 tsp fish oil blend w/ morning meal (incl. vit. A+D+E); calcium; vitamin C+zinc

Courage is fear that has said its prayers.  - Karle Wilson Baker

love and justice are not two. without inner change, there can be no outer change; without collective change, no change matters.  - Rev. angel Kyodo williams

Holding multiple truths. Knowing that everyone has their own accurate view of the way things are.  - text on homemade banner at Afiya house

I am not a medical professional; this is not medical advice. 

@ariel,

great feedback. I am on it meaning reading about hope and acceptance. 

On 8/24/2022 at 12:34 PM, Ariel said:

Yes, this sounds like WD. It's not you! The real you is in there safely tucked away in the sweetest cocoon. When the time comes you will emerge intact and wingéd and full of life! All the WD muck will be gone and you will take to the skies leaving all this chemical slime behind. 

Such wisdom and a delightful image to cling to.Awww to be set free, winged and FULL of LIFE. Repeating that to myself brings a real sense of hope. Love that word hope.

Meanwhile, I am sitting with my sis and we keep wondering if I made a mistake with the prozac bridge. Second guessing everything. Now I am on 3 drugs. WHAT? The psychiatrist I am working with who purports to be taper aware…hmmmm, says the amount I am on is minimal. Really? 
This is not minimal. 52.4 mg bupropion, 7.4 lexapro and 7.5 prozac. I am going away with my hubby for a week which just the thought of throws me for a loop.  Actually everything sends me into the land of crying jags and panic. 
When I  return I will ask one of the administrators.I think I am worse since increasing the prozac to 7.5. Who knows when my glasses are never rose colored. 
I will press on with baby steps especially as I live more from hope and acceptance. Oh please.

Blessings and sweet days as you soar along post drugs.

• 2 weeks later...

This is Benesh’s sister, PG.  My sister is suffering terribly. Saturday August 27th, She switched from Compound to oral solution of the Escitalopram. She is taking equivalent to 7.4 milligrams. She continues with the oral solution of the Fluoxetine. That amount is equivalent to 7.5 milligrams. She is also taking a precise home made capsule of bupropion. That is 26.2 mg. in the morning and 26.2 mg. around dinner. Since she went from the compound version of the escitalopram  to the oral solution, she has been extremely flat, tearful and hopeless. When she began this new regime, she spent a week at the shore with a group of believers. There was much social interaction which was quite draining and a challenge. So on return yesterday, She began to have strong SI, which persists to today, Sept 5th. 
I have been encouraging her to acknowledge the good things she experienced and to be extremely kind to herself. 

She found a psychiatrist who purported to know about tapering. However, my sister feels the psychiatrist is lacking in a thorough understanding of tapering.
She does not know what to do about any more tapering at this point. She is too unstable emotionally to taper this week, but after 5 days of rest, her husband, and I are not sure how to advise her in terms of tapering.

We want to help not hinder her in this process.She is vulnerable and weary. Any words of counsel much appreciated. She is overwhelmed to type here so that is why I am writitng.

It is me again. I know in the past @Altostrata suggested I keep a record of dose, etc…

I think I might be able to try that now.All seems so overwhelming but if it will give ideas on how to help me, I am willing. 
I can start Wednesday 9/7. I guess I will record at end of day? 
I am afraid I am more compromised with the prozac bridge. All seems so subjective. Spinning in fear and doubt. Trying to take one moment at a time but mind bombarded with intrusive thoughts.

ok thanks for listening.

Hi @benesh

Sorry to read that you are struggling with the Prozac bridge. Do you think switching from compound to liquid exacerbated your symptoms? Did you do a straight switch or titrate off the compound while slowly adding the liquid? 

It can be so hard trying to figure out what causes what, but its not unusual to have an increase/change in symptoms when switching from pill-liquid, liquid-pill, different manufactures, etc. Sounds like you also may have gotten a bit overstimulated during your week at the shore?

I pray that things settle down for you soon. Intrusive thoughts suck, I am struggling with an increase in them the past few days (feels like longer though….). Continue to be patient and kind with yourself. Lifting you up in my prayers.

Hugs,

Believer

1998-2015 Zoloft. 100mg

2015 Straight switch to Wellbutrin by GP who claimed Zoloft stopped working; I was experiencing occasional brain zaps. 3 months later Wellbutrin  XR. Highly activating. Lost ability to sleep. Seroquel x3 nights. Horrible reaction. Straight switch back to Zoloft, began taper. Found SA  after tapering 25 mgs a week to 25mgs and began experiencing W/D.

6/21/19 5.05 mg; 9/6/19 4.8 mg; 4/24/20 4.57 mg; 8/27/21 4.43 mg

9/20-9/25/21 xover to new RX from expired meds

10/22/21 4.13 mg; 11/26/21 3.93 mg; 4/15/22 3.74 mg; 6/3/22 3.54 mg; 8/5/22 3.38; 9/30/22 3.19; 11/18/22 3.03; 12/30/22 2.88; 2/17/23 2.74; 3/24/23 2.60; 5/12/23 2.47;  6/23/23 2.35; 8/11/23 2.24; 9/15/23 2.13; 10/20/23 2.02; 11/24/23 1.92; 1/12/24 1.83; 2/17/24 1.72; 3/23/24 1.64

Supplements: Natural Calm magnesium, Vitamin C Vitamin D during winter.

• Administrator

Please post daily notes, 24 hours at a time.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

@Altostrata hope this makes sense.

september 7, 2022

6:15am - 26.2 mg bupropion ( made at home capsule)

- 7.4 mg escitalopram (oral solution from pharmacy)

woke up at 5 am., typical morning dread, try to rest a little but intrusive thoughts, inner shakiness, legs incessantly moving.

6:20 am - 8:30 am - try various coping skills to settle down,

i.e. wim hof breathing, tapping, reading bible, praying, journaling

balance of day doing some house hold chores, still anxious, foggy but no crying jags.

6:00pm - 26.2 mg of bupropion.

8:20 pm - 1.87 ml/ or 7.5 mg of fluoxetine oral solution

brief dirty window around 5:00 pm. Once I know bulk of day is done some relief.

I am concerned that prozac bridge is not effective. I want to resume taper but afraid of symptoms. Actually I second guess and am overwhelmed by almost all activities. Other than sit quietly in house and stare. This pretty much is what each day looks like. Somedays I cry more. I find walking helps  a little bit.

Is this list what you want? Sorry but so insecure.

• Administrator

You are now taking 3 antidepressants.

Why did you increase from 5mg to 7.5mg Prozac July 28? What were the changes in your symptom pattern after you did this?

Please note that feeling "flat and unmotivated" is a common effect of antidepressants. If you've been increasing your antidepressant dosage to fix this, you have been going in the wrong direction.

Since your intention in April was to go off Lexapro, why are you still taking it? Did your psychiatrist give you any instructions about bridging?

When was the last time you reduced Lexapro?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Thanks for responding @Altostrata.

I  was looking on benzocoalition site and they listed a psychiatrist who was purportedly taper knowledgeable. Sonya Knight, DO. I met with her via tele-health on April 6 2022. I informed her of my intention to taper. I had been stuck in a hold for a while. I had read about a prozac taper and suggested that to her. She agreed and initially suggested I start at 10mg.(pills) It seemed  too high but went along. That was April 7. By April 14 I cut it in half. I felt a weird pressure in my head at 10 mg.She said once I felt more stable, less crying jags, no SI, then to resume the escitalopram taper. I did that on May 9. I started at 8.4 mg(compounded version) and by July 4 was down to 7.4 mg.I decreased every 2 weeks.  There were some family related stressors and after that,  low mood and DP/DR and other WD symptoms returned. In my meeting with her on July 21 she said to up-dose to 7.5 mg. I said I would wait a week and see. W/D symptoms persisted so on July 28 I up-dosed to 7.5 mg ( pill form). On August 5 I switched formulation of fluoxetine from pill  form to oral solution.

Then on August 27 we went on vacation and I switched formulation of both bupropion and escitalopram.

Bupropion  formulation changed from compound to homemade pill form using scale method found on SA. I also switched from compound solution of escitalopram to oral solution. Compound required refrigeration which was not doable on the vacation.

I have held from tapering the escitalopram since July 4. I am concerned that the current dose of fluoxetine is causing an increase in SI. I remain isolated and overwhelmed. I wont go into all the other symptoms since they are all noted as WD. 

Question.. I would like to decrease the fluoxetine to 5 mg. Also to resume the escitalopram taper. 
I feel so incapable to deciding what to do. The main supports are my husband and sister. They ask me what I feel to do. Million dollar question.Likely I have made too many formulation changes. I want to resume the taper but am unclear if I should wait for more stability ? I had ~53 days of minimal symptoms from May 20 - July 8. That was the longest window in these 3 years.

I appreciate any input. I will continue to keep track of the 24 hour dosage sheet you suggested.

• Administrator

@benesh did you discuss your current problems with Sonya Knight, DO? She's responsible for this. We don't provide unpaid backup to psychiatrists, this is what they get paid for.

@Altostrata

I am unpatienting my self. No more psychiatrist. I am now enlisting my sis and hubby to meet with me weekly to review the ideas I receive from SA. Please forgive me Alto for my density. I try and figure this out but don’t understand allot, 
I want off these poisons. I turn 65 soon and hope to have some years left to show love and care to others. Not now while I am in the midst of this nightmare.

Yes please any ideas to start. Even though it has been 3 years, I still seem clueless.scared but determined to reclaim a life and be useful again.

• Administrator
On 9/8/2022 at 2:03 PM, benesh said:

In my meeting with her on July 21 she said to up-dose to 7.5 mg. I said I would wait a week and see. W/D symptoms persisted so on July 28 I up-dosed to 7.5 mg ( pill form). On August 5 I switched formulation of fluoxetine from pill  form to oral solution.

Then on August 27 we went on vacation and I switched formulation of both bupropion and escitalopram.

You have engaged the services of Dr. Knight for the purpose of going off your drugs. Why don't you continue with Dr. Knight?