Laureen: Paxil / paroxetine

Laureen

Est-ce que quelqu'un a sevré paxil   svp en francais...

Je suis a 30 mg et j'aimerais passer a 15mg et je me demande si les symptomes que je ressens vont partir et combien de temps?

je suis a 28 mg depuis 3 semaines, léger maux coeur, tête, fatigue, estomac digestion etc... mais je peux m,endurer...

Google translation:

Has anyone weaned paxil please in french ...

I am at 30 mg and I would like to go to 15 mg and I wonder if the symptoms that I feel will go away and for how long?

I have been at 28 mg for 3 weeks, slight aches in the heart, head, fatigue, stomach digestion etc ... but I can endure ...

Edited by ChessieCat
added Google translation

Laureen64

• Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to SA, Laureen.

@Erell Laureen, Erell is French and has tapered Paxil.  Erell, perhaps you can help here with translation and information, if you are feeling well enough.

We recommend tapering by no more than 10% of your current dose every four weeks.  Some people need to go more slowly.  Your taper from 30mg to 28 is within the 10% rate.  It's normal to feel some symptoms during the 4-week period.  These should diminish as you reach the end of the 4-week period.  If symptoms become more severe it means you are tapering too fast and might want to taper no more than 5% of current dose every four weeks.  Another option is to hold longer between tapers, such as 6 weeks instead of 4 weeks.

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

This link is specifically about tapering Paxil, including how you can get the doses you'll need for your taper.

Tips for tapering off Paxil (paroxetine)

We don't recommend a lot of supplements on SA, as many members report being sensitive to them due to our over-reactive nervous systems, but two supplements that we do recommend are magnesium and omega 3 (fish oil). Many people find these to be calming to the nervous system. 

Magnesium, nature's calcium channel blocker 

Omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil) 

Add in one at a time and at a low dose in case you do experience problems.

This is your Introduction topic, where you can ask questions and connect with other members.  We're glad you found your way here.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

• Moderator Emeritus
On 6/4/2020 at 6:51 AM, Laureen said:

Est-ce que quelqu'un a sevré paxil   svp en francais...

Je suis a 30 mg et j'aimerais passer a 15mg et je me demande si les symptomes que je ressens vont partir et combien de temps?

je suis a 28 mg depuis 3 semaines, léger maux coeur, tête, fatigue, estomac digestion etc... mais je peux m,endurer...

Bonjour Laureen, 

et Bienvenue sur SA !

Ce site est entièrement géré par des personnes bénévoles qui ont sevré ou sont en train de se sevrer des Anti-dépresseurs.

Pour mieux comprendre ta situation, peux-tu répondre à ces questions

1. Depuis quand prends-tu 30 mg de Paroxetine ?

2. Tu prends la Paroxetine sous forme de cachets ou en liquide?

3. Prends-tu autre chose : des benzodiazépines, d'autres médicaments, des compléments alimentaires ?

Concernant tes symptômes : ils sont la manifestation de ton système nerveux qui est déstabilisé par le changement de dose. A chaque changement de dose, ton système nerveux doit faire des adaptations, des réajustements qui entraînent des symptômes. La bonne nouvelle c'est que ces symptômes diminuent et disparaissent au fur et à mesure que ton système nerveux parvient à se stabiliser de nouveau.

Mais personne ne peut dire combien de temps cela prend.

Pourrais-tu, s'il te plait, remplir ta signature en cliquant sur ce lien Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature.

Cela aidera l'équipe à comprendre ton parcours en un coup d'oeil : merci d'y mentionner tous les médicaments, les dates d'arrêts ou de reprise, ainsi que les compléments alimentaires.

Je vais te proposer quelques liens qui te permettront de comprendre ce qu'il se passe lorsque nous faisons des changements de dose, et comment se sevrer prudemment.

Tous ces liens sont en Anglais : je tente de les traduire au fur et à mesure mais cela prend beaucoup de temps.

Je t'invite donc à y jeter un oeil, à utiliser des traducteurs si besoin et à ne pas hésiter à poser des questions ici.

1/ https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/82-the-windows-and-waves-pattern-of-stabilization/

2/ https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/603-what-is-withdrawal-syndrome/

3/ https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/1024-why-taper-by-10-of-my-dosage/

Bonne journée ❤️

(Translation in English :

To help us understand better your situation, please answer some questions : 

1. When did you start taking 30mg Paroxetine?

2. liquid form or tablets?

3. Do you take others drugs ? supplements ?

About symptoms : they are the sign of a destabilised CNS. Everytime we make a dose change, everytime your CNS need to make adjustements which causes symptoms.

Good news is these symptoms do fade and disappear as your CNS progressively stabilise. 

However, nobody can tell how long it will take.

Could you please complete your drug signature ? This will help the team to understand your history at a glance.

Here are some links which will help you understand what is WD syndrome and what happens when we make dose changes. All these links are written in English : please take a look, use translators if needed, and feel free to ask questions here. )

Google translation:

Hello Laureen,

and Welcome to SA!

This site is entirely managed by volunteers who have weaned or are in the process of weaning themselves from Anti-depressants.

To better understand your situation, can you answer these questions:

1. How long have you been taking 30 mg of Paroxetine?

2. Do you take Paroxetine in tablet form or in liquid?

3. Are you taking anything else: benzodiazepines, other drugs, food supplements?

Concerning your symptoms: they are the manifestation of your nervous system which is destabilized by the change of dose. With each change of dose, your nervous system must make adaptations, readjustments that lead to symptoms. The good news is that these symptoms get better and better as your nervous system stabilizes again.

But no one can say how long it takes.

Could you please fill in your signature by clicking on this link: Account Settings - Create or Edit a signature.

This will help the team to understand your journey at a glance: please mention all the medicines, the dates of stopping or resuming, as well as the food supplements.

I am going to offer you some links that will allow you to understand what happens when we make dose changes, and how to wean yourself carefully.

All these links are in English: I try to translate them progressively but it takes a long time.

I invite you to take a look, to use translators if necessary and not to hesitate to ask questions here.

Edited by ChessieCat
added Google translation

2006 : 20mg Paxil+Bromazepam. 2008 : cold turkey of both. 2010 : Reinstatement 20mg Paxil + Bromazepam.

2014-June2017 : Switch from Bromazepam to Prazepam, slow taper to 0mg.

2018 to August 2019 : Paxil 20mg taper (3% every 15 days). 22 Aug 2019 updose to 10mg (was at 8.4mg).

25th Sept 2019 To April 2020 : found SA, holding at 10mg Paxil. 

April 2020 : Paxil 10mg to Prozac 7mg bridge. Details topic/21457

Current Supplements : magnesium citrate + fish oil

Current medication :

* 7pm Diazepam  : 0.85mg (15 Aug 2022) / 0.95 mg (24 April 2022) / 1mg Diazepam (since 29 Aug 2020)

* 8am Prozac : 6.16mg (25 oct 2022, feel awful, slight updose) / 6.08 mg (9 oct 2022) / 6.24mg (11 July 22) / 6.44mg (22 May 22) / 6.64mg (4 Nov 21) / 6.72mg (8 oct 21) / 6.8 mg (15 Sept 21)6.88mg (14 Aug 21)/ 6.92mg (23 Jun 21)

I am not a professional, I don't give medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

• 1 month later...

Fatigue et sevrage paxil / Paxil fatigue and withdrawal

bonjour,

cela fait 2 mois que je diminue le paxil de 30 mg a environ 25 mg. Je procède très lentement.

Mes seules symptomes sont la fatigue.  Avec la chaleur humide et le sport extérieur,  je suis moins tolérante a la chaleur.

J'ai lu aussi sur un site de France que le cerveau ne peut revenir comme avant, soit reproduire de la sérotonine lui même.

A cause du recaptage de la sérotonine dont je ne peux expliquer.

Quelqu'un peut-il me renseigner aussi pour ces 2 sujets, merci!

Google translation:

Hello,

I've been reducing the paxil from 30 mg to around 25 mg for 2 months. I am proceeding very slowly.

My only symptoms are fatigue. With the humid heat and the outdoor sport, I am less tolerant of the heat.

I also read on a site in France that the brain cannot come back as before, or reproduce serotonin itself.

Because of the reuptake of serotonin which I cannot explain.

Can someone also inform me for these 2 subjects, thank you!

Edited by ChessieCat
added Google translation added topic title

Laureen64

Cela fait 25 ans que je prends du paxil 30 mg (20 mg aussi pendant 15 ans). Je ne prends pas d'autres médicaments.

J'avais problème d'agoraphobie et anxiété.  Maintenant que je suis a la retraite, mon médecin m'a autorisé a diminuer le paxil

si je voulais.  Je prends aussi 100mg de 5htp, un supplément pour augmenter la sérotonine donc, je crois que cela m'aide.

J'ai baissé de 5 mg de paxil soit, 30 a 25 en deux mois.  Mon objectif et de stabiliser a 15 mg pour cette année.

Ensuite on verra...

Google translation:

i have been taking paxil 30 mg for 25 years (also 20 mg for 15 years). I do not take other medications.

I had agoraphobia and anxiety problem. Now that I am retired, my doctor has allowed me to decrease the paxil

if I wanted. I also take 100mg of 5htp which is a supplement to increase serotonin so I believe that helps me.

I dropped 5 mg of paxil, or 30 to 25 in two months. My goal is to stabilize at 15 mg for this year.

Then we will see ...

Edited by ChessieCat
added Google translation

Laureen64

• ChessieCat changed the title to Fatigue et sevrage paxil / Paxil fatigue and withdrawal
  • Moderator Emeritus

J'ai déplacé votre message vers votre sujet d'introduction. Il garde votre histoire en un seul endroit.

Google translation:

I moved your post to your introductory topic. It keeps your story in one place.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Moderator Emeritus

Bonjour Laureen, 

Pourrais-tu, s'il te plait, remplir ta signature en cliquant sur ce lien Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature.

Cela aidera l'équipe à comprendre ton parcours en un coup d’œil : merci d'y mentionner tous les médicaments, les dates d'arrêts ou de reprise, ainsi que les compléments alimentaires.

Il semblerait que tu ais indiqué ton prénom et nom de famille dans ta signature : afin de protéger l'intimité de nos membres et garantir la confidentialité des informations partagées, nous conseillons de se contenter d'un pseudonyme.

---> Donc tu es sous 30mg de Paroxetine depuis 25 ans, et tu souhaites diminuer cette dose.

1. Tu prends la Paroxetine sous forme liquide ou en cachet ?

2. Tu as diminué de 5mg en un coup ou en faisant des paliers ? Sur ce site, nous recommandons de ne pas faire de baisses de plus de 10% toutes les 4 semaines. Cela dit, c'est en écoutant ton corps que tu sentiras ce qui te convient, et peut-être aller plus lentement. De nombreuses personnes sont obligées de faire des baisses de 5%, 3%, 1%... .

Nous avons constaté qu'il est important de faire des pauses entre chaque baisse, 4 semaines ou plus, afin de laisser notre système nerveux procéder aux ajustements.

10 hours ago, Laureen said:

Je prends aussi 100mg de 5htp, un supplément pour augmenter la sérotonine donc, je crois que cela m'aide

3. Depuis combien de temps prends-tu ce complément ? (s'il te plait, indique le dans ta signature).

Sur ce site, nous ne recommandons que deux compléments : le magnésium et l'huile de poisson (Omégas3).

11 hours ago, Laureen said:

Mes seules symptomes sont la fatigue.  Avec la chaleur humide et le sport extérieur,  je suis moins tolérante a la chaleur

La fatigue et l'épuisement sont des symptômes très communs. Beaucoup de personnes mentionnent aussi une moindre tolérance à la chaleur.

4. Est-ce que tes symptômes sont persistants ou évoluent dans les jours et semaines qui suivent un changement de dose ?

Lorsque les symptômes sont trop intenses, notre conseil est de ne pas faire de changements afin de laisser le temps au système nerveux de procéder aux ajustements nécessaires. Les symptômes sont le signe du système nerveux qui travaille afin de s'adapter à la nouvelle situation.

11 hours ago, Laureen said:

J'ai lu aussi sur un site de France que le cerveau ne peut revenir comme avant, soit reproduire de la sérotonine lui même.

A cause du recaptage de la sérotonine dont je ne peux expliquer.

Sur ce site, nous disposons de milliers de témoignages qui nous permettent aujourd'hui de faire l'hypothèse que le système nerveux parvient à retrouver l'homéostasie. 

Personne ne peut dire combien de temps cela prend, et chaque histoire est particulière. Néanmoins, avec du temps, il semblerait que notre physiologie se régule.

Concernant la sérotonine : la théorie de du manque de sérotonine est un mythe. La réalité du processus semble être bien plus complexe que cela.

Voici un texte qui te permettra de mieux comprendre ce qu'il se passe avec ces molécules

(Link to topic:  how-psychiatric-drugs-remodel-your-brain)

Voir cet article pour la traduction française

Rhi on how drugs change our brains/regowing a new brain through tapering

A lot of people, including healthcare practitioners; in fact, I guess, most people-- are operating from entirely the wrong paradigm, or way of thinking, about these meds. They're thinking of them like aspirin--as something that has an effect when it's in your system, and then when it gets out of your system the effect goes away.

That's not what happens with medications that alter neurotransmitter function, we are learning.

What happens when you change the chemistry of the brain is, the brain adjusts its chemistry and structure to try to return to homeostasis, or biochemical and functional balance. It tries to restabilize the chemistry. 

For example: SSRI antidepressants work as "serotonin reuptake inhibitors." That is, they cause serotonin to remain in the space between neurons, rather than being taken back up into the cells to be re-used, like it would be in a normal healthy nondrugged brain.

So the brain, which wants to re-establish normal signaling and function, adapts to the higher level of serotonin between neurons (in the "synapse", the space between neurons where signals get passed along). It does this by removing serotonin receptors, so that the signal is reduced and changed to something closer to normal. It also decreases the amount of serotonin it produces overall. 

To do that, genes have to be turned on and off; new proteins have to be made; whole cascades of chemical reactions have to be changed, which means turning on and off OTHER genes; cells are destroyed, new cells are made; in other words, a complex physiologic remodeling takes place. This takes place over time. The brain does not grow and change rapidly. 

This is a vast oversimplification of the amount of adaptation that takes place in the brain when we change its normal chemistry, but that's the principle.

When we stop taking the drug, we have a brain that has designed itself so that it works in the presence of the drug; now it can't work properly without the drug because it's designed itself so that the drug is part of its chemistry and structure. It's like a plant that has grown on a trellis; you can't just yank out the trellis and expect the plant to be okay.

When the drug is removed, the remodeling process has to take place in reverse.

SO--it's not a matter of just getting the drug out of your system and moving on. If it were that simple, none of us would be here. 

It's a matter of, as I describe it, having to grow a new brain. 

I believe this growing-a-new-brain happens throughout the taper process if the taper is slow enough. (If it's too fast, then there's not a lot of time for actually rebalancing things, and basically the brain is just pedaling fast trying to keep us alive.) It also continues to happen, probably for longer than the symptoms actually last, throughout the time of recovery after we are completely off the drug, which is why recovery takes so long. 

With multiple drugs and a history of drug changes and cold turkeys, all of this becomes even more complicated. And if a person is started on these kinds of drugs at an early age before the brain has ever completely established normal mature functioning--well, it can't be good. (All of which is why I recommend an extremely slow taper particularly to anyone with a multiple drug history, a history of many years on meds, a history of past cold turkeys or frequent med changes, and a history of being put on drugs at a young age.)

This isn't intended to scare people, but hopefully to give you some idea of what's happening, and to help you respect and understand the process so you can work with it; ALSO, because you are likely to encounter many, many people who still believe these drugs work kind of like aspirin, or a glass of wine, and all you need to do is stop and get it out of your system. 

Now you can explain to them that no, getting it out of your system is not the issue; the issue is, you need to regrow or at least remodel your brain. This is a long, slow, very poorly understood process, and it needs to be respected. 
"

5. Est-ce que tu comprends un peu l'Anglais ou pas du tout ? 

Nous avons accumulé beaucoup d'expériences et de savoirs grâce aux nombreux témoignages, ce qui nous permet aujourd'hui d'améliorer notre compréhension du processus. 

Tiens moi au courant si tu souhaites que je traduise certaines informations.

Bonne journée ☀️

Edited by ChessieCat
added link to topic/added link to translation post

2006 : 20mg Paxil+Bromazepam. 2008 : cold turkey of both. 2010 : Reinstatement 20mg Paxil + Bromazepam.

2014-June2017 : Switch from Bromazepam to Prazepam, slow taper to 0mg.

2018 to August 2019 : Paxil 20mg taper (3% every 15 days). 22 Aug 2019 updose to 10mg (was at 8.4mg).

25th Sept 2019 To April 2020 : found SA, holding at 10mg Paxil. 

April 2020 : Paxil 10mg to Prozac 7mg bridge. Details topic/21457

Current Supplements : magnesium citrate + fish oil

Current medication :

* 7pm Diazepam  : 0.85mg (15 Aug 2022) / 0.95 mg (24 April 2022) / 1mg Diazepam (since 29 Aug 2020)

* 8am Prozac : 6.16mg (25 oct 2022, feel awful, slight updose) / 6.08 mg (9 oct 2022) / 6.24mg (11 July 22) / 6.44mg (22 May 22) / 6.64mg (4 Nov 21) / 6.72mg (8 oct 21) / 6.8 mg (15 Sept 21)6.88mg (14 Aug 21)/ 6.92mg (23 Jun 21)

I am not a professional, I don't give medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

• Moderator Emeritus

Google translation of previous post:

Could you please fill in your signature by clicking on this link: Account Settings - Create or Edit a signature.

This will help the team to understand your journey at a glance: please mention all the medicines, the dates of stopping or resuming, as well as the food supplements.

It seems that you have indicated your first and last name in your signature: in order to protect the privacy of our members and guarantee the confidentiality of the information shared, we recommend that you be satisfied with a pseudonym.

---> So you've been on 30mg of Paroxetine for 25 years, and you want to decrease this dose.

1. Do you take Paroxetine in liquid or cachet form?

2. Did you decrease by 5mg all at once or by stepping up? On this site, we recommend not to make drops of more than 10% every 4 weeks. That said, it is by listening to your body that you will feel what is right for you, and perhaps go more slowly. Many people are forced to make cuts of 5%, 3%, 1% ....

We have found that it is important to take breaks between each drop, 4 weeks or more, in order to let our nervous system make the adjustments.

3. How long have you been taking this supplement? (please indicate it in your signature).

On this site, we only recommend two supplements: magnesium and fish oil (Omega3).

Fatigue and exhaustion are very common symptoms. Many people also report a lower tolerance for heat.

4. Are your symptoms persistent or progressing in the days and weeks following a dose change?

When the symptoms are too intense, our advice is not to make any changes to allow the nervous system time to make the necessary adjustments. Symptoms are a sign of the nervous system working to adapt to the new situation.

On this site, we have thousands of testimonials that allow us today to hypothesize that the nervous system manages to regain homeostasis.

No one can say how long it takes, and each story is unique. However, over time, it would seem that our physiology is regulating.

Regarding serotonin: the theory of lack of serotonin is a myth. The reality of the process seems to be much more complex than that.

Here is a text that will allow you to better understand what is happening with these molecules:

(Link to information in the previous post)

how-psychiatric-drugs-remodel-your-brain

5. Do you understand English a little or not at all?

We have accumulated a lot of experience and knowledge thanks to the numerous testimonies, which allows us today to improve our understanding of the process.

Keep me posted if you want me to translate any information.

Edited by ChessieCat

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

• Moderator Emeritus

Translation into French using Google translate:

(Link to topic:  how-psychiatric-drugs-remodel-your-brain)

"Rhi sur la façon dont les médicaments modifient notre cerveau / régénérer un nouveau cerveau en rétrécissant

De nombreuses personnes, y compris des professionnels de la santé; en fait, je suppose que la plupart des gens opèrent à partir du mauvais paradigme, ou façon de penser, à propos de ces médicaments. Ils les considèrent comme de l'aspirine - comme quelque chose qui a un effet quand il est dans votre système, puis lorsqu'il sort de votre système, l'effet disparaît.

Ce n'est pas ce qui se passe avec les médicaments qui altèrent la fonction des neurotransmetteurs, nous apprenons.

Ce qui se passe lorsque vous changez la chimie du cerveau, c'est que le cerveau ajuste sa chimie et sa structure pour essayer de revenir à l'homéostasie ou à l'équilibre biochimique et fonctionnel. Il essaie de stabiliser la chimie.

Par exemple: les antidépresseurs ISRS fonctionnent comme des "inhibiteurs du recaptage de la sérotonine". En d'autres termes, ils font en sorte que la sérotonine reste dans l'espace entre les neurones, plutôt que d'être réintégrée dans les cellules pour être réutilisée, comme ce serait le cas dans un cerveau sain normal sans médicaments.

Ainsi, le cerveau, qui veut restaurer une signalisation et une fonction normales, s'adapte au niveau supérieur de sérotonine entre les neurones (dans la "synapse", l'espace entre les neurones où passent les signaux). Pour ce faire, il supprime les récepteurs de la sérotonine, de sorte que le signal est réduit et changé en quelque chose de plus proche de la normale. Il diminue également la quantité de sérotonine qu'il produit globalement.

Pour ce faire, les gènes doivent être activés et désactivés; de nouvelles protéines doivent être fabriquées; des cascades entières de réactions chimiques doivent être modifiées, ce qui signifie activer et désactiver AUTRES gènes; les cellules sont détruites, de nouvelles cellules sont fabriquées; en d'autres termes, un remodelage physiologique complexe a lieu. Cela se produit avec le temps. Le cerveau ne se développe pas et ne change pas rapidement.

Il s'agit d'une vaste simplification excessive de la quantité d'adaptation qui a lieu dans le cerveau lorsque nous changeons sa chimie normale, mais c'est le principe.

Lorsque nous arrêtons de prendre le médicament, nous avons un cerveau conçu pour fonctionner en présence du médicament; maintenant, il ne peut pas fonctionner correctement sans le médicament, car il est conçu pour que le médicament fasse partie de sa chimie et de sa structure. C'est comme une plante qui a poussé sur un treillis; vous ne pouvez pas simplement déchirer le treillis et vous attendre à ce que la plante se porte bien.

Lorsque le médicament est retiré, le processus de remodelage doit se dérouler en sens inverse.

SO - il ne s'agit pas seulement de retirer le médicament de votre système et de passer à autre chose. Si c'était aussi simple que cela, aucun de nous ne serait là.

C'est, comme je le décris, devoir développer un nouveau cerveau.

Je crois que cette nouvelle croissance cérébrale se produit tout au long du processus de rétrécissement si le rétrécissement est suffisamment lent. (Si c'est trop rapide, alors il n'y a pas beaucoup de temps pour rééquilibrer les choses, et fondamentalement, le cerveau ne fait que pédaler vite pour nous garder en vie.) Cela continue aussi de se produire, probablement plus longtemps. que les symptômes ne durent pas réellement, tout au long du temps de récupération après que nous ayons complètement arrêté le médicament, c'est pourquoi la guérison prend si longtemps.

Avec plusieurs médicaments et une histoire de changements de médicaments et de dindes froides, tout devient encore plus compliqué. Et si une personne commence à prendre ce type de médicament à un âge précoce avant que le cerveau n'ait pleinement établi un fonctionnement normal et mature - eh bien, cela ne peut pas être bon. (Tout cela explique pourquoi je recommande une diminution extrêmement lente, en particulier à toute personne ayant des antécédents de plusieurs médicaments, des antécédents de plusieurs années de traitement, des antécédents de dinde froide ou de fréquents changements de médicaments et des antécédents de prise de médicaments à un jeune âge .)

Ce n'est pas pour effrayer les gens, mais je l'espère pour vous donner une idée de ce qui se passe et pour vous aider à respecter et à comprendre le processus afin que vous puissiez travailler avec lui; AUSSI, parce que vous êtes susceptible de rencontrer beaucoup, beaucoup de gens qui croient encore que ces médicaments fonctionnent un peu comme l'aspirine ou un verre de vin, et tout ce que vous avez à faire est de l'arrêter et de le retirer de votre système.

Vous pouvez maintenant leur expliquer que non, le retirer de votre système n'est pas le problème; le problème est que vous devez repousser ou au moins remodeler votre cerveau. C'est un processus long, lent et très mal compris, et il doit être respecté."

5htp 100mg help for withdrawal paxil

I am currently taking 5htp at a rate of 100 mg per day in the morning and believe it helps me a lot in my withdrawal from paxil. I read a lot on medical sites and it seems to work well for some people. It is not recommended to take this product at the same time as the antidepressants, but after a 2 week trial, I still feel great. Can you elaborate on the subject please? thank you!

You can use this product before try antidepressants.  

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic title

Laureen64

• Moderator Emeritus

I've moved your post to your Introduction topic.  This way your history is all in one place.

htp-5-hydroxytryptophan-and-l-tryptophan

There are many existing topics on SA.  I like to use a search engine and add:  site: survivingantidepressants.org to my search term.

Edited by ChessieCat