Cocopuffz - 11 years on paroxetine. It's nothing but a bad memory now. I am now free!!

Hi Coco,

I’m a new member and I am currently writing my introduction and med signature, I’m also a tradesman like yourself but down in Australia. Im getting hammered with tinnitus at the moment like you did. Did yours come and go? Like it’s ok some days and then I wake up the next and I feel awful and the tinnitus spikes with the wd symptoms..... I never had tinnitus before starting Paxil and Then lexapro 9 odd years ago. It developed while coming off the meds. Just curious about the pattern you encountered as I have not had any days for the last 12 months where it fully disappeared. Just days where it doesn’t bother me as much and seems to hide away in the background unless I’m in a really quiet room that is. I also find the days that I’m not feeling well with fatigue, depression, intrusive thoughts etc correlates with the ears being louder. Any insight or experience your willing to share would be greatly appreciated. 

2009 - Paxil 20mg for GAD, OCD

2010 - straight swap to lexapro 10-20mg

2017 - straight swap to Prozac 20mg adverse reaction - developed tinnitus, insomnia, OCD, GAD symptoms, 

Reinstated lexapro 10mg symptoms improve. Slight tinnitus remains.  
Jan 2019 - Attempted “slower” taper for 3 months,  med free for 11 weeks and felt ok.

June 2019 - WD symptoms struck. 

Reinstated Lexapro 10mg Immediate adverse reaction 
July 2019-July 2020 multiple meds from psychiatrist inc:

Diazepam 5mg for 12 weeks, lexapro up to 40mg for 12 weeks (tinnitus worsens, seizure type symptoms, intrusive thoughts etc) Effexor up to 150mg for 7-8 weeks, Zoloft up to 100mg for 12 weeks, Remeron 6 weeks, Paxil to 20mg for 12 weeks 

Quick taper CT Paxil in 4 weeks and drug free since July 19, 2020. 

• Mentor
On 9/18/2020 at 10:44 PM, woody1981 said:

Hi Coco,

I’m a new member and I am currently writing my introduction and med signature, I’m also a tradesman like yourself but down in Australia. Im getting hammered with tinnitus at the moment like you did. Did yours come and go? Like it’s ok some days and then I wake up the next and I feel awful and the tinnitus spikes with the wd symptoms..... I never had tinnitus before starting Paxil and Then lexapro 9 odd years ago. It developed while coming off the meds. Just curious about the pattern you encountered as I have not had any days for the last 12 months where it fully disappeared. Just days where it doesn’t bother me as much and seems to hide away in the background unless I’m in a really quiet room that is. I also find the days that I’m not feeling well with fatigue, depression, intrusive thoughts etc correlates with the ears being louder. Any insight or experience your willing to share would be greatly appreciated. 

Hey, it will get better! I used to get crushed by it every single day. I would have to listen to music nonstop to drown it out. I still slightly get it at night(right before I fall asleep) and in the mornings(right after I wake up). It is around 95% better than it was at its worst. I was just like you as I never experienced it before in my life until I came off of paxil. I definitely noticed elevated levels of tinnitus when I was feeling worse...especially with headaches. 

I follow The Plant Paradox lifestyle by Dr.Gundry. This lifestyle has given me my life back and I feel better than I have ever felt in my life. It has enabled me to finally get off of this medication and truly live my life. Nutrition is the key to health!!!!! 

2008 to 2019  - 20 mg Paroxetine

Attempted 2 CT's around the 5-6 year mark. Were absolutely terrible and reinstated. Was never explained by the doctor the seriousness of the short half life of this drug. 

2017 - Attempted a tapered discontinuation of this drug and reinstated after being unsuccessful.

2019 - Feb. 12 - After a three month taper I am off of paroxetine. The 3 months were terrible, awful withdrawal feelings. I followed the doctors guidelines for the reduction of this drug and now know it was way too fast. 
2019 - Oct. 12 - 8 months off paroxetine. 75% improvement since coming off the drug. Definitely have had tons of challenges along the way. Let’s go!!!! 

2021 - Feb. 12 - 24 months off paroxetine. I have minor challenges now. Tinnitus/Headaches are still around but are reduced by a massive amount. 

8 hours ago, Cocopuffz17 said:

Hey, it will get better! I used to get crushed by it every single day. I would have to listen to music nonstop to drown it out. I still slightly get it at night(right before I fall asleep) and in the mornings(right after I wake up). It is around 95% better than it was at its worst. I was just like you as I never experienced it before in my life until I came off of paxil. I definitely noticed elevated levels of tinnitus when I was feeling worse...especially with headaches. 

Thanks heaps for getting back to me, I really appreciate it (today sucked, ears screaming, thoughts and mega depressed but it’s not going to last forever, been here and beaten it before) 

It’s such an intrusive symptom because there’s no treatment and nothing you can do to try and control it. 

I’m taking solace in your story, success and positive attitude. I will just have to stay positive and let it do it’s thing while my body and brain heals. 

thanks mate 👍🏼

2009 - Paxil 20mg for GAD, OCD

2010 - straight swap to lexapro 10-20mg

2017 - straight swap to Prozac 20mg adverse reaction - developed tinnitus, insomnia, OCD, GAD symptoms, 

Reinstated lexapro 10mg symptoms improve. Slight tinnitus remains.  
Jan 2019 - Attempted “slower” taper for 3 months,  med free for 11 weeks and felt ok.

June 2019 - WD symptoms struck. 

Reinstated Lexapro 10mg Immediate adverse reaction 
July 2019-July 2020 multiple meds from psychiatrist inc:

Diazepam 5mg for 12 weeks, lexapro up to 40mg for 12 weeks (tinnitus worsens, seizure type symptoms, intrusive thoughts etc) Effexor up to 150mg for 7-8 weeks, Zoloft up to 100mg for 12 weeks, Remeron 6 weeks, Paxil to 20mg for 12 weeks 

Quick taper CT Paxil in 4 weeks and drug free since July 19, 2020. 

• Mentor
On 9/21/2020 at 2:38 AM, woody1981 said:

Thanks heaps for getting back to me, I really appreciate it (today sucked, ears screaming, thoughts and mega depressed but it’s not going to last forever, been here and beaten it before) 

It’s such an intrusive symptom because there’s no treatment and nothing you can do to try and control it. 

I’m taking solace in your story, success and positive attitude. I will just have to stay positive and let it do it’s thing while my body and brain heals. 

thanks mate 👍🏼

You are welcome! That is unfortunate, but it will get better over time! 

Absolutely it just wears you down! 

The body is amazing, I found nutrition critical in healing from this drug. It gave me the best results out of everything I tried to get medication free. 

Have a good day! Remember everyday that passes is one day closer to being healed :) 

I follow The Plant Paradox lifestyle by Dr.Gundry. This lifestyle has given me my life back and I feel better than I have ever felt in my life. It has enabled me to finally get off of this medication and truly live my life. Nutrition is the key to health!!!!! 

Attempted 2 CT's around the 5-6 year mark. Were absolutely terrible and reinstated. Was never explained by the doctor the seriousness of the short half life of this drug. 

2017 - Attempted a tapered discontinuation of this drug and reinstated after being unsuccessful.

2019 - Feb. 12 - After a three month taper I am off of paroxetine. The 3 months were terrible, awful withdrawal feelings. I followed the doctors guidelines for the reduction of this drug and now know it was way too fast. 
2019 - Oct. 12 - 8 months off paroxetine. 75% improvement since coming off the drug. Definitely have had tons of challenges along the way. Let’s go!!!! 

2021 - Feb. 12 - 24 months off paroxetine. I have minor challenges now. Tinnitus/Headaches are still around but are reduced by a massive amount. 

Congratulations you are amazing man! Enjoy your life to the fullest! I'm very interested in this book about nutrition you mentioned, but what about weight? Muscle mass? How do you get protein? My biggest concern is weight loss, I'm afraid I can't go down much more after Paxil withdrawal and now benzo also. I lost a lot! Congrats one more time, this is amazing. And for your hair also, terrific! 

Paroxetine 20 Mg from 2014. to 2020. Taper January, February and mid March 2020. Was off for 9 months. 

Bromazepam 3 Mg from 2015-2020. Present dose 1.5 Mg 

Started Zoloft 25 Mg on 10.12.2020. 

• Mentor
8 hours ago, Artistic said:

Congratulations you are amazing man! Enjoy your life to the fullest! I'm very interested in this book about nutrition you mentioned, but what about weight? Muscle mass? How do you get protein? My biggest concern is weight loss, I'm afraid I can't go down much more after Paxil withdrawal and now benzo also. I lost a lot! Congrats one more time, this is amazing. And for your hair also, terrific! 

Thanks, I really appreciate it! I lost a decent amount of weight when I first started following The Plant Paradox. I gained it all back once I started learning how to adjust to my new way of eating. I may even have more muscle now that I have way more energy to workout! Ya, that is a tricky one with not wanting to lose more weight. I essentially replaced protein with fat. I eat a ton of olive oil/coconut oil. Ya, it feels odd to get a haircut now after not having to for so long :P

• 1 month later...

Hi coco! 

At first thanx for sharing ur story and concratulation to ur "rebirth". 

I wanted to know for how long u got sexual issues? I think it's one of the horriblest things of all. Also not to feel love yes and other emotions. 

Greetings

09/2018 Quetiapin 100 mg 8 weeks 

10/2018 Prozac 20 mg 2 weeks 

05/2019 - 10/2019 abilify 2.5 mg

12/2019-03/2020 Moclobemid 600

01/2020 - 04/2020 Lithium 1125

03/2020 8 ketamin injections

05/2020 drug free 

11/2020 lots of improvements 

12/2020 cigs crash, huge setback 

07/2021 a bit better but far from my state in autumn 2020

01/2024 I crashed again 2022. I live an disabled life and start to think it's forever 

• Mentor
On 11/10/2020 at 6:14 AM, Driksdog said:

Hi coco! 

At first thanx for sharing ur story and concratulation to ur "rebirth". 

I wanted to know for how long u got sexual issues? I think it's one of the horriblest things of all. Also not to feel love yes and other emotions. 

Greetings

Hey Driks! 
Thank you! It’s been a wild ride.

I would say for almost 2 years. I had no sex drive after having a healthy sex drive my whole life. Yes, the loss of emotions is extremely tough. They will come back! I am still getting more and more connected with emotions the farther I get away from my last dose. 

Have a great day! 

2 hours ago, Cocopuffz17 said:

Hey Driks! 
Thank you! It’s been a wild ride.

I would say for almost 2 years. I had no sex drive after having a healthy sex drive my whole life. Yes, the loss of emotions is extremely tough. They will come back! I am still getting more and more connected with emotions the farther I get away from my last dose. 

Have a great day! 

Hey @Cocopuffz17, if you could measure your progress, how much would you say you're recovered now ?

23rd of January 2020 - Started taking Lexapro at 5mg daily.

29th of January 2020 - Upped to 10mg of Lexapro daily.

9th of April 2020 - Reduced to 5mg of Lexapro daily.

23rd of April 2020 - Stopped Lexapro at 5mg daily.

Withdrawal since ~

• Mentor
2 hours ago, christianjw12 said:

Hey @Cocopuffz17, if you could measure your progress, how much would you say you're recovered now ?

Hey, I’d say around 90%. I still get headaches/tinnitus daily. They only last for minutes in the early morning and before bed unlike the worst parts of withdrawal when it was 24/7/365. I am no longer crushed with crushing fatigue. My energy levels are way better. I get some weird visual disturbances still, but they are short lived and a slight inconvenience. Month over month I notice more and more improvements. I still follow my nutrition lifestyle and notice a spike in symptoms when I do not it reminds me to get back on track. A year ago when I ate poorly I would have a spike for a week or two, now I get it for a day or two at best. Another improvement! 

I never thought I would be able be this well after how awful I felt for over a year. I just kept pushing through and listened to the people who had been through it and said it would get better.... and it did! 

Have a great day! 

What an amazing story, thank you for sharing!! How long did your insomnia last. I have suffered from chronic insomnia after getting off meds cold turkey and was curious as to how long your insomnia lasted?

Aug 2018 - Olanzapine 35mg, Lithium 900 mg’s.  October 2018 Olanzapine cold turkey. Institutionalized   Nov 2018 - 40 mg’s Olanzapine, 900 mg’s lithium, Trazadone 100 mg’s  Feb 2019 CT’d lithium, prescribed Quetiapine 200, Lithium 900 mg’s  June 2019 fast taper of lithium, chronic insomnia, Monthly shot of Invega sustenna ,100 mg’s of Doxepin.  August 2019 Doxepin CT Oct 2019 last shot of Invega sustenna Dec 2019  re-administered Doxepin 150 mgs

4/27/20 started smoking marijuana 5/27/20 - Stopped Doxepin 150 mg’s 6/5/20 - 200 mg’s of Doxepin, 7/6/20 - 175 mg’s of Doxepin 8/18/20 - 150mgs of doxepin.

12/2/20 145 mg’s Doxepin 1/9/21 135 Doxepin 3/2/21 120 mgs Doxepin 4/29/21 110 mgs Doxepin 5/21/21 120 mgs Doxepin

7/26/21 110 mgs Doxepin 9/15/07 100 mgs Doxepin

5 hours ago, Sarita said:

What an amazing story, thank you for sharing!! How long did your insomnia last. I have suffered from chronic insomnia after getting off meds cold turkey and was curious as to how long your insomnia lasted?

@Sarita, to cope with insomnia, you need acceptance. Insomnia is a common withdrawal symptom ! But don't try to control your sleep by worrying or taking drugs again it will only worsen your symptoms. A good sleeper does nothing to summon sleep. It's a 100% natural process.

23rd of January 2020 - Started taking Lexapro at 5mg daily.

29th of January 2020 - Upped to 10mg of Lexapro daily.

9th of April 2020 - Reduced to 5mg of Lexapro daily.

23rd of April 2020 - Stopped Lexapro at 5mg daily.

Withdrawal since ~

You’re an inspiration @Cocopuffz17

its great to hear you are still seeing improvements. 
as a fellow Paxil user I’m really proud of you and what you have achieved !! 
you are a warrior !! 

Nov 2018 Pregabalin 2x50 mg a day to help with Paxil WD. Aug 2019 2 x 25mg a day, April 2020 45mg, May 40mg, June 35mg, July 30mg, end July 25mg, Aug 24mg, June 2021 14mg, Jan 2022 14mg (2x7mg a day), Oct 10mg, Nov 5mg, December 25th 2022 0mg 🎈

Oct 2004 - Oct 2018 Paxil 20 mg, Nov 15mg, Dec 10mg,  Feb 2019 7.5mg crashed, Feb 8.5mg, Nov 8mg, March 2020 7.2mg, April 6.5mg, May 5.9mg, June 5.4mg, July 4.8mg, Dec 4.5mg, Jan 2021 4mg, Feb 3.6mg, March 3.2mg, April 2.9mg, Aug 2.7mg, Sept 2.4mg, Oct 2.2mg, Nov 2mg, Dec 1.8mg, Feb 2022 1.6mg, March 1.4mg, April 1.2mg, May 1.0mg, June 0.8mg, July 0.6mg, Aug 0.4mg, Sep 0.2mg, October 6th 2022 0mg  🎈

December 25th 2022 drug free 

these dates are approximate 

I thank you! I was put back on Doxepin for the insomnia and have been getting good sleep since June. I will begin tapering in January using the 10% method and will not freak out. I am just so scared that I will go crazy with no sleep and get pumped up with other drugs that I don’t need. I appreciate your advise, thank you !!

Aug 2018 - Olanzapine 35mg, Lithium 900 mg’s.  October 2018 Olanzapine cold turkey. Institutionalized   Nov 2018 - 40 mg’s Olanzapine, 900 mg’s lithium, Trazadone 100 mg’s  Feb 2019 CT’d lithium, prescribed Quetiapine 200, Lithium 900 mg’s  June 2019 fast taper of lithium, chronic insomnia, Monthly shot of Invega sustenna ,100 mg’s of Doxepin.  August 2019 Doxepin CT Oct 2019 last shot of Invega sustenna Dec 2019  re-administered Doxepin 150 mgs

4/27/20 started smoking marijuana 5/27/20 - Stopped Doxepin 150 mg’s 6/5/20 - 200 mg’s of Doxepin, 7/6/20 - 175 mg’s of Doxepin 8/18/20 - 150mgs of doxepin.

12/2/20 145 mg’s Doxepin 1/9/21 135 Doxepin 3/2/21 120 mgs Doxepin 4/29/21 110 mgs Doxepin 5/21/21 120 mgs Doxepin

7/26/21 110 mgs Doxepin 9/15/07 100 mgs Doxepin

23 hours ago, Cocopuffz17 said:

I would say for almost 2 years. I had no sex drive after having a healthy sex drive my whole life.

Hi @Cocopuffz17 ! I was wondering, did you also had dysfunction side effects or just no sex drive? 

•august 2016- feb 2019: on and off SSRIs (fluoxetine and agomelatine) also unknown drug and clonazepam for a short amount of time 

•January 25 2020: 50mg of setraline and clonazepam 1mg 

•March 2020: increase to 100mg of setraline

•May 2020:  stopped setraline, fast tapper 3 weeks. stopped clonazepam, according to how my psychiatrists told me. 

On 11/11/2020 at 11:04 PM, Cocopuffz17 said:

Hey, I’d say around 90%. I still get headaches/tinnitus daily. They only last for minutes in the early morning and before bed unlike the worst parts of withdrawal when it was 24/7/365. I am no longer crushed with crushing fatigue. My energy levels are way better. I get some weird visual disturbances still, but they are short lived and a slight inconvenience. Month over month I notice more and more improvements. I still follow my nutrition lifestyle and notice a spike in symptoms when I do not it reminds me to get back on track. A year ago when I ate poorly I would have a spike for a week or two, now I get it for a day or two at best. Another improvement! 

I never thought I would be able be this well after how awful I felt for over a year. I just kept pushing through and listened to the people who had been through it and said it would get better.... and it did! 

Have a great day! 

You are super inspirational ❤️ Thank you.

January 2008 to April 2015 Citalopram 20mg to 5mg, reducing in 50 per cent leaps. Jumped off at 5mg

March 2016 used MDMA triggered setback

April 2016 Citalopram 10mg October 2016 cut to 5mg, May 2017 cut to 2.5mg

May 2018 used MDMA triggered setback

June 2018 Citalopram 2.5mg up to 10mg, then back to 5mg

July/ August 2018 7.5mg, then 10mg

June 2019 updosed to 20mg Citalopram

August 2019 cold switch to Venlafaxine 75mg XR

Supplements; 1100mg fish oil daily; also 100mg Magnesium Glycinate. Tried Vagifem 10mcg from mid May 2021 to mid June 2021; caused depression, so stopped.

• Mentor
On 11/11/2020 at 8:16 PM, Sarita said:

My insomnia didn't seem to last very long. I also used melotonin to go to sleep as well. I reasoned that I would rather have the side effects, if any from using too much melotonin rather than get less sleep. 

On 11/12/2020 at 5:06 AM, Longroadhome said:

You’re an inspiration @Cocopuffz17

its great to hear you are still seeing improvements. 
as a fellow Paxil user I’m really proud of you and what you have achieved !! 
you are a warrior !! 

Thanks! I never thought I would get here, but I did. I continually read that people get through it and it does get better. I can assure you it does!! :) 

On 11/12/2020 at 10:52 AM, Istm said:

Hi @Cocopuffz17 ! I was wondering, did you also had dysfunction side effects or just no sex drive? 

I did not notice any other side effects. Everything seems to be pretty much back to normal on the sexual front. 

On 11/13/2020 at 5:33 AM, sunnysideup69 said:

You are super inspirational ❤️ Thank you.

You are welcome! You will get through it! Have a good week! :)

• 1 month later...

Hi coco! I read in your thread that you also developed an autoimmune condition due to Paxil and I’m now on the same boat... I’m pretty sure I have drug induced Hashimoto’s (I thought WD couldn’t get worse) this makes me extremely sad but I just wanted to ask you how you dealt with both? Thanks a lot 

•august 2016- feb 2019: on and off SSRIs (fluoxetine and agomelatine) also unknown drug and clonazepam for a short amount of time 

•January 25 2020: 50mg of setraline and clonazepam 1mg 

•March 2020: increase to 100mg of setraline

•May 2020:  stopped setraline, fast tapper 3 weeks. stopped clonazepam, according to how my psychiatrists told me. 

• Mentor
8 hours ago, Istm said:

Hi coco! I read in your thread that you also developed an autoimmune condition due to Paxil and I’m now on the same boat... I’m pretty sure I have drug induced Hashimoto’s (I thought WD couldn’t get worse) this makes me extremely sad but I just wanted to ask you how you dealt with both? Thanks a lot 

Hello! That is unfortunate :( You will get through it though! I found reasons for why my body would be doing these things and changed those variables. I changed my nutrition which helped greatly. The main thing that drove me to get through it was reading people getting through withdrawals and saying it was possible and the same with my autoimmune condition. All the best in 2021! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hello dear @Cocopuffz17, how are you doing these days?

Hugs!

2006 : 20mg Paxil+Bromazepam. 2008 : cold turkey of both. 2010 : Reinstatement 20mg Paxil + Bromazepam.

2014-June2017 : Switch from Bromazepam to Prazepam, slow taper to 0mg.

2018 to August 2019 : Paxil 20mg taper (3% every 15 days). 22 Aug 2019 updose to 10mg (was at 8.4mg).

25th Sept 2019 To April 2020 : found SA, holding at 10mg Paxil. 

April 2020 : Paxil 10mg to Prozac 7mg bridge. Details topic/21457

Current Supplements : magnesium citrate + fish oil

Current medication :

* 7pm Diazepam  : 0.85mg (15 Aug 2022) / 0.95 mg (24 April 2022) / 1mg Diazepam (since 29 Aug 2020)

* 8am Prozac : 6.16mg (25 oct 2022, feel awful, slight updose) / 6.08 mg (9 oct 2022) / 6.24mg (11 July 22) / 6.44mg (22 May 22) / 6.64mg (4 Nov 21) / 6.72mg (8 oct 21) / 6.8 mg (15 Sept 21)6.88mg (14 Aug 21)/ 6.92mg (23 Jun 21)

I am not a professional, I don't give medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

• Mentor
On 1/10/2021 at 3:57 AM, Erell said:

Hello dear @Cocopuffz17, how are you doing these days?

Hugs!

Hey! Well I just hit 23 months post zero. Things are way better. I did let me nutrition slide over Christmas. I drank liquor, had some edibles and ate a bunch of food that is not allowed on the nutrition lifestyle I follow. Needless to say it hammered me into a wave for 2 weeks. This was no where near what I have experienced in the past. My tinnitus increased a lot, headaches came back and became a bit depressed. BUT things are good again. I have got back on track with my nutrition and am working out once again! Overall I am doing really well. Every month I feel slightly better and have more energy. I cannot wait for summer though! Get that sunshine!!! :) 

I hope all is going well with you! Have a great week! 

• Mentor

Dear @Cocopuffz17! Your story is an inspiration for me! All of you survivors are my heroes and heroines!☺️

I'm happy to hear that you feel better month by month. I'm 12 months and start notice (from some months) that changing my diet brought me in (a little bit) better place. If I can, I want to ask you (according with your last post) if you notice that, when you follow strictly your diet, you are able to minimize your waves or sometimes some bad waves still occur... Maybe it will be also for me a good solution to stay better!

All of my appreciation and affect to you!

Continue to update about you journey!💪

July 2015: the 20mg citalopram for great stress begins

After two years I start tapering (slow but without medical advice) and I guess wrongly. First up to 10 mg, then 5 mg and 2 mg (liquid solution) and skips

January 2020 (I don't remember exactly the day): off citalopram (last dose 2mg).

June 2020: adrenal crash. The beginning of Hell on Earth

Current supplement:

- saffron pill (20 mg) + vit. E, omega 3 (EPA + DHA) 2g, magnesium bisglycinate 300 mg, iron , vitamin D3 (2500ui) +K7 (50 ui), vitamin C (1g) + quercitin (25 mg), theanine (as necessary).

Try meditating / mindfulness, walking every day, CBT/ACT, massage.

"E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle" ("And so we went out to see the stars again")

(Dante Alighieri, Divine Comedy , Inferno, XXXIV, 139)

• Mentor
On 1/14/2021 at 6:30 AM, Leila said:

Dear @Cocopuffz17! Your story is an inspiration for me! All of you survivors are my heroes and heroines!☺️

I'm happy to hear that you feel better month by month. I'm 12 months and start notice (from some months) that changing my diet brought me in (a little bit) better place. If I can, I want to ask you (according with your last post) if you notice that, when you follow strictly your diet, you are able to minimize your waves or sometimes some bad waves still occur... Maybe it will be also for me a good solution to stay better!

All of my appreciation and affect to you!

Continue to update about you journey!💪

Thanks :) Absolutely I am able to minimize my waves by zeroing in on my nutrition. I have done it far too many times for it to be a coincidence. Every time I get back on good nutrition the waves get lesser and lesser. I would highly recommend it! 

Absolutely I will :)  

Hey coco, i was just wondering when you felt the waves were getting weaker or less intense?

Started Lexapro 5mg Mid March 2020

Came off Completely September 2020

Hospitalised september 2021

Slowly worked up to 50mg lamictal and 60mg Prozac

reduced to 20mg Prozac September 2021

Holding 20mg Prozac and 50mg Lamictal for a good while to stabilise. November 2021

• Mentor
On 1/15/2021 at 2:59 PM, mva96 said:

Hey coco, i was just wondering when you felt the waves were getting weaker or less intense?

Hey, around the 8-10 month mark. I was finally starting see noticeable improvement and I would say that is the timeframe where it flipped to more good days than bad days. 

@Cocopuffz17thats awesome, i admire your attitude as well, seems like you see it as a challenge to be overcome! did you find you still had big waves hit out of nowhere? 

Holding 20mg Prozac and 50mg Lamictal for a good while to stabilise. November 2021

• Mentor
16 hours ago, mva96 said:

@Cocopuffz17thats awesome, i admire your attitude as well, seems like you see it as a challenge to be overcome! did you find you still had big waves hit out of nowhere? 

Thanks!! A change in mindset has helped me a lot. It was needed or I would of not have been able to handle the hardest days. Yes, going through withdrawal showed me that anything can be overcome and a positive mindset helps greatly. I had somedays that just crushed me. I would miss work because of these days and sleep for another 4-6 hours. It happens.... I did not beat myself up over these. I just needed to let my body do its thing. 

Awesome, thanks coco, and congrats again on your success with both the nutrition and the WD!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so very much. Your story and comeback have inspired me to keep going, stay hopeful and remember that this will eventually pass. I’m three months AD free

March 2020- started mirtazipine 7.5 for panic attacks 

April 2020- DR increased me to 15mg

June 2020- was told to completely discontinue

5 days later- horrible w/d, 2 days later reinstated at original dose

August 2020- decreased to 7.5

October 2020- following doctors advice I started an alternating taper schedule because I wanted to get off completely. I did it for 1-2 weeks before stopping altogether

2020-present- given 1mg Ativan PRN for severe panic attacks which I take infrequently. Since discontinuing mirtazipine they don't give me the same relief. Once I got worse, all other times it helped a nominal amount as compared to before where it would make it much much better

• Mentor
On 1/20/2021 at 5:42 AM, mva96 said:

Awesome, thanks coco, and congrats again on your success with both the nutrition and the WD!

Thanks! It was challenging, but I got through it with the help of this forum! 

On 1/28/2021 at 10:32 AM, Amanda23 said:

Thank you so very much. Your story and comeback have inspired me to keep going, stay hopeful and remember that this will eventually pass. I’m three months AD free

You are welcome! That is awesome! Be strong you will get through this and it does get better!! This is exactly why I share my story! Everyday that passes is one day closer to being healed!!!!!!! 

• 4 weeks later...

@Cocopuffz17

I am stuck in a bad wave for the last 3 months and I am at a point I need to try something new. I know you followed the Plant Paradox. I have some sensitivities to lectine, so maybe I should give it a try?

What do you think about it?

Thank you!

Mimi

2008-Today: various ADs, benzos and seroquel , initially for Anxiety Related Insomnia. (Absolutely no other mental issues than simple Insomnia!).

Numerous W/D and C/T of those meds. During those years, my GP diagnosed me with GAD, Depression, etc... It was all W/D related, I know now!

Fall of 2019, after too fast attempt to taper Mirtazapine, put myself in full blown W/D.
February 2020, found SA and staying on 45mg Mirtazapine, waiting for stabilization.

February 2021, I stupidly used some Ativan prn to cope with Mirtazapine W/D symptoms (By far worst mistake of all my life!!).

Became accidentally and rapidly addicted (within 2-3 weeks). Started taper immediately.

Actual medication: Mirtazapine: 40,0mg - holding-
Ativan Taper: Started at 0,29mg march 2021, 03-28 0.28mg/ 04-08 0.27mg/ 04-26 0.25mg/ (...) 10-29 0.18mg/ 04-05-22 0.17mg/ 08-25-22 0.16mg/ 09-15-22 0.15mg/ 10-22-22 0.14mg/…/ 01-12-2023 0.11mg /07-02-2024 switch to 1mg Valium /

14-02-2024 0,9mg Valium.

Supplements: Omega-3, Probiotic.

• Mentor
7 hours ago, Mimi79 said:

@Cocopuffz17

I am stuck in a bad wave for the last 3 months and I am at a point I need to try something new. I know you followed the Plant Paradox. I have some sensitivities to lectine, so maybe I should give it a try?

What do you think about it?

Thank you!

Mimi

Hey, I am sorry to hear you are having a wave. It will get better!! 

I think you should give it a try!! It helped me tremendously. I still notice when I stray from the lifestyle that I get an uptick in some symptoms. 

All the best to you :) 

@Cocopuffz17

I know you followed this diet because you were having an immune condition. But do you think it had an impact on your mood as well? Did it improved your symptoms of anxiety and depression?

Thank you again!

2008-Today: various ADs, benzos and seroquel , initially for Anxiety Related Insomnia. (Absolutely no other mental issues than simple Insomnia!).

Numerous W/D and C/T of those meds. During those years, my GP diagnosed me with GAD, Depression, etc... It was all W/D related, I know now!

Fall of 2019, after too fast attempt to taper Mirtazapine, put myself in full blown W/D.
February 2020, found SA and staying on 45mg Mirtazapine, waiting for stabilization.

February 2021, I stupidly used some Ativan prn to cope with Mirtazapine W/D symptoms (By far worst mistake of all my life!!).

Became accidentally and rapidly addicted (within 2-3 weeks). Started taper immediately.

Actual medication: Mirtazapine: 40,0mg - holding-
Ativan Taper: Started at 0,29mg march 2021, 03-28 0.28mg/ 04-08 0.27mg/ 04-26 0.25mg/ (...) 10-29 0.18mg/ 04-05-22 0.17mg/ 08-25-22 0.16mg/ 09-15-22 0.15mg/ 10-22-22 0.14mg/…/ 01-12-2023 0.11mg /07-02-2024 switch to 1mg Valium /

14-02-2024 0,9mg Valium.

Supplements: Omega-3, Probiotic.

• Mentor
On 2/28/2021 at 4:24 PM, Mimi79 said:

@Cocopuffz17

I know you followed this diet because you were having an immune condition. But do you think it had an impact on your mood as well? Did it improved your symptoms of anxiety and depression?

Thank you again!

Yes, I still find when I eat foods that are far from my lifestyle that I feel awful and have worsening symptoms. Especially the tinnitus, my headaches have been getting better though! 

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Coco, just wanted to ask you, during the withdrawal process...have you tried/used any supplements? Have you tried Magnesium? I wonder if it helps. Its been around 12 months since i quit Paxil/Seroxat and i still feel severely depressed and numb but wired at the same time. 

Pardon my English, i'm Croatian.

• Mentor
10 hours ago, Martina said:

Hey Coco, just wanted to ask you, during the withdrawal process...have you tried/used any supplements? Have you tried Magnesium? I wonder if it helps. Its been around 12 months since i quit Paxil/Seroxat and i still feel severely depressed and numb but wired at the same time. 

Pardon my English, i'm Croatian.

Hey!! Interesting you mention that. I supplemented really aggressively for 2 years. I am currently coming off of all the supplements I was on to see if the headaches/tinnitus may be caused by them. Yes, I use 300 mg of magnesium citrate daily and found it really helped with anxiety. I most recently cut out my Vitamin D supplement and feel less energized. But I am going to stick to my plan and see if getting off these helps. If not I will go back to what has worked for me. 

What you mentioned sounds like me when I was on the drug. I was like in constant fight or flight mode, so tired and couldn't fall asleep. 

Your English is good :)