Jump to content
Cocopuffz17

Cocopuffz - 11 years on paroxetine. It's nothing but a bad memory now. I am now free!!

Recommended Posts

woody1981

Hi Coco,

I’m a new member and I am currently writing my introduction and med signature, I’m also a tradesman like yourself but down in Australia. Im getting hammered with tinnitus at the moment like you did. Did yours come and go? Like it’s ok some days and then I wake up the next and I feel awful and the tinnitus spikes with the wd symptoms..... I never had tinnitus before starting Paxil and Then lexapro 9 odd years ago. It developed while coming off the meds. Just curious about the pattern you encountered as I have not had any days for the last 12 months where it fully disappeared. Just days where it doesn’t bother me as much and seems to hide away in the background unless I’m in a really quiet room that is. I also find the days that I’m not feeling well with fatigue, depression, intrusive thoughts etc correlates with the ears being louder. Any insight or experience your willing to share would be greatly appreciated. 


2009 - commenced Paxil 20mg for GAD, OCD.

2010 - switched to lexapro 10mg. 

2015 - straight swap to Prozac, day 4 developed Loud tinnitus, insomnia, OCD, GAD symptoms, Reinstated 10mg lexapro. Not all symptoms resolve. Mild tinnitus remains. 

2015 - 2019 Two attempts at CT, all failed due to extreme withdrawal symptoms.
Jan 2019 - Attempted “slower” taper for 3 months,  med free for 11 weeks, secondary WD symptoms struck. 
2019 on, Please read my introduction 😋

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cocopuffz17
On 9/18/2020 at 10:44 PM, woody1981 said:

Hi Coco,

I’m a new member and I am currently writing my introduction and med signature, I’m also a tradesman like yourself but down in Australia. Im getting hammered with tinnitus at the moment like you did. Did yours come and go? Like it’s ok some days and then I wake up the next and I feel awful and the tinnitus spikes with the wd symptoms..... I never had tinnitus before starting Paxil and Then lexapro 9 odd years ago. It developed while coming off the meds. Just curious about the pattern you encountered as I have not had any days for the last 12 months where it fully disappeared. Just days where it doesn’t bother me as much and seems to hide away in the background unless I’m in a really quiet room that is. I also find the days that I’m not feeling well with fatigue, depression, intrusive thoughts etc correlates with the ears being louder. Any insight or experience your willing to share would be greatly appreciated. 

 

Hey, it will get better! I used to get crushed by it every single day. I would have to listen to music nonstop to drown it out. I still slightly get it at night(right before I fall asleep) and in the mornings(right after I wake up). It is around 95% better than it was at its worst. I was just like you as I never experienced it before in my life until I came off of paxil. I definitely noticed elevated levels of tinnitus when I was feeling worse...especially with headaches. 


I follow The Plant Paradox lifestyle by Dr.Gundry. This lifestyle has given me my life back and I feel better than I have ever felt in my life. It has enabled me to finally get off of this medication and truly live my life. Nutrition is the key to health!!!!! 

 

2008 to 2019  - 20 mg Paroxetine

 

Attempted 2 CT's around the 5-6 year mark. Were absolutely terrible and reinstated. Was never explained by the doctor the seriousness of the short half life of this drug. 

 

2017 - Attempted a tapered discontinuation of this drug and reinstated after being unsuccessful.

 

2019 - Feb. 12 - After a three month taper I am off of paroxetine. The 3 months were terrible, awful withdrawal feelings. I followed the doctors guidelines for the reduction of this drug and now know it was way too fast. 
 

2019 - Oct. 12 - 8 months off paroxetine. 75% improvement since coming off the drug. Definitely have had tons of challenges along the way. Let’s go!!!! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
woody1981
8 hours ago, Cocopuffz17 said:

 

Hey, it will get better! I used to get crushed by it every single day. I would have to listen to music nonstop to drown it out. I still slightly get it at night(right before I fall asleep) and in the mornings(right after I wake up). It is around 95% better than it was at its worst. I was just like you as I never experienced it before in my life until I came off of paxil. I definitely noticed elevated levels of tinnitus when I was feeling worse...especially with headaches. 

Thanks heaps for getting back to me, I really appreciate it (today sucked, ears screaming, thoughts and mega depressed but it’s not going to last forever, been here and beaten it before) 
 

It’s such an intrusive symptom because there’s no treatment and nothing you can do to try and control it. 

 

I’m taking solace in your story, success and positive attitude. I will just have to stay positive and let it do it’s thing while my body and brain heals. 
 

thanks mate 👍🏼


2009 - commenced Paxil 20mg for GAD, OCD.

2010 - switched to lexapro 10mg. 

2015 - straight swap to Prozac, day 4 developed Loud tinnitus, insomnia, OCD, GAD symptoms, Reinstated 10mg lexapro. Not all symptoms resolve. Mild tinnitus remains. 

2015 - 2019 Two attempts at CT, all failed due to extreme withdrawal symptoms.
Jan 2019 - Attempted “slower” taper for 3 months,  med free for 11 weeks, secondary WD symptoms struck. 
2019 on, Please read my introduction 😋

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cocopuffz17
On 9/21/2020 at 2:38 AM, woody1981 said:

Thanks heaps for getting back to me, I really appreciate it (today sucked, ears screaming, thoughts and mega depressed but it’s not going to last forever, been here and beaten it before) 
 

It’s such an intrusive symptom because there’s no treatment and nothing you can do to try and control it. 

 

I’m taking solace in your story, success and positive attitude. I will just have to stay positive and let it do it’s thing while my body and brain heals. 
 

thanks mate 👍🏼

 

You are welcome! That is unfortunate, but it will get better over time! 

 

Absolutely it just wears you down! 

 

The body is amazing, I found nutrition critical in healing from this drug. It gave me the best results out of everything I tried to get medication free. 

 

Have a good day! Remember everyday that passes is one day closer to being healed :) 


I follow The Plant Paradox lifestyle by Dr.Gundry. This lifestyle has given me my life back and I feel better than I have ever felt in my life. It has enabled me to finally get off of this medication and truly live my life. Nutrition is the key to health!!!!! 

 

2008 to 2019  - 20 mg Paroxetine

 

Attempted 2 CT's around the 5-6 year mark. Were absolutely terrible and reinstated. Was never explained by the doctor the seriousness of the short half life of this drug. 

 

2017 - Attempted a tapered discontinuation of this drug and reinstated after being unsuccessful.

 

2019 - Feb. 12 - After a three month taper I am off of paroxetine. The 3 months were terrible, awful withdrawal feelings. I followed the doctors guidelines for the reduction of this drug and now know it was way too fast. 
 

2019 - Oct. 12 - 8 months off paroxetine. 75% improvement since coming off the drug. Definitely have had tons of challenges along the way. Let’s go!!!! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Artistic

Congratulations you are amazing man! Enjoy your life to the fullest! I'm very interested in this book about nutrition you mentioned, but what about weight? Muscle mass? How do you get protein? My biggest concern is weight loss, I'm afraid I can't go down much more after Paxil withdrawal and now benzo also. I lost a lot! Congrats one more time, this is amazing. And for your hair also, terrific! 


Paroxetine 20 Mg from 2014. to 2020. Taper January, February and mid March 2020. Now paroxetine free.

Bromazepam 3 Mg from 2015 to 2020. Tried tapering but way too fast, and I take it occasionally 1.5 Mg pill. Thinking about finding stable dose and then micro taper.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cocopuffz17
8 hours ago, Artistic said:

Congratulations you are amazing man! Enjoy your life to the fullest! I'm very interested in this book about nutrition you mentioned, but what about weight? Muscle mass? How do you get protein? My biggest concern is weight loss, I'm afraid I can't go down much more after Paxil withdrawal and now benzo also. I lost a lot! Congrats one more time, this is amazing. And for your hair also, terrific! 

 

Thanks, I really appreciate it! I lost a decent amount of weight when I first started following The Plant Paradox. I gained it all back once I started learning how to adjust to my new way of eating. I may even have more muscle now that I have way more energy to workout! Ya, that is a tricky one with not wanting to lose more weight. I essentially replaced protein with fat. I eat a ton of olive oil/coconut oil. Ya, it feels odd to get a haircut now after not having to for so long :P


I follow The Plant Paradox lifestyle by Dr.Gundry. This lifestyle has given me my life back and I feel better than I have ever felt in my life. It has enabled me to finally get off of this medication and truly live my life. Nutrition is the key to health!!!!! 

 

2008 to 2019  - 20 mg Paroxetine

 

Attempted 2 CT's around the 5-6 year mark. Were absolutely terrible and reinstated. Was never explained by the doctor the seriousness of the short half life of this drug. 

 

2017 - Attempted a tapered discontinuation of this drug and reinstated after being unsuccessful.

 

2019 - Feb. 12 - After a three month taper I am off of paroxetine. The 3 months were terrible, awful withdrawal feelings. I followed the doctors guidelines for the reduction of this drug and now know it was way too fast. 
 

2019 - Oct. 12 - 8 months off paroxetine. 75% improvement since coming off the drug. Definitely have had tons of challenges along the way. Let’s go!!!! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy