fourdays: is it PAWS?

fourdays

Hi,

It's been over 3 months since my last pill of Prozac @20mg which I was prescribed for a series of panic attacks I had. I only took it for four days and I went through what seemed to bee all the horrible acute WD symptoms such as akathisia (very low) insomnia, anxiety, headaches, brainzaps, apathy and dry mouth

But that's not the issues which I have currently face!  It seems as though I cycle between good and bad moods including incredible levels of insomnia and energy then extreme levels of fatigue and tiredness. I work in a factory so I am under extreme physical stress and I feel like my body is tired all the time no matter if I have 7-8-9 hour of sleep. 

Is this normal i only took 4 pills then CT'd

what are some simple strategies you found has worked? is it too early to be taking 5htp becaues my kinesiologist reccomended it to me.

also taking stress (100777) homeopathic remedy drops

mouth is also very dry too which is causing halitosis and nervous twitching.

help

2020 (early August) Benzodiazapine (valium) 20mg, 6 days CT'd

2020 (late August) Cymbalta 20 mg, 3 days, ct'd

2020 (early Sept) Prozac 20 mg, 3 days, CT'd

• ChessieCat changed the title to fourdays: is it PAWS?
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi fourdays,

No, this is not PAWS.  PAWS is Post Acute (or Protracted) Withdrawal Syndrome.  It sounds like you have had an adverse reaction to psychiatric drug/s.  My personal opinion would be to NOT take 5htp.  See link below.  You said you have been cycling between good and bad and that is actually a good sign.  It is a sign that your brain is doing what it needs to do to regain homeostasis.  It's also good that you are getting plenty of sleep.  Quite often a person's sleep can be disrupted which can make things feel a lot worse.

It's going to take time for your brain to sort things out.  Recovery does happen but it can be frustratingly slow.  I can be helpful to keep a notes of your symptoms so that you can be objective and might see improvement that you don't feel.  When we feel awful, we just feel awful and we don't always realise that one of the symptoms isn't as bad as it was.

Please create your drug signature and include ALL drugs/supplements, current and previous, following the instructions in this link:

Instructions:  Withdrawal History Signature

Even though you have experienced an adverse reaction, many of the symptoms are similar to antidepressant withdrawal.  There are some different formats of a withdrawal symptoms list here and they include a rating key:

Dr Joseph Glenmullen's Withdrawal Symptoms

Please see:

immediate-adverse-reactions-to-an-antidepressant-or-within-a-few-doses-how-long-for-recovery

And the sub-topics linked in Post #1 of this topic (see especially No 6 - But I only took it for a Week):

are-we-there-yet-how-long-is-withdrawal-going-to-take

The best thing you can do is to try and stay as calm as possible so as to not get overly stressed.  When you get stressed the brain needs to deal with that so recovery can take longer.

The only supplements which SA recommends are Magnesium and Omega-3 Fish Oil.  Try a small amount to start with and only one at a time to see how it affects you.

5-htp-5-hydroxytryptophan-and-l-tryptophan

SA strongly encourages members to learn and use:

Non-drug techniques to cope

This is your own Introduction topic which is the best place to ask questions about your own situation and journal your progress.  Please continue to update us to let us know how you are.

A message from Altostrata, SA's founder, and the link to a recent interview which is really worth listening to:  INTERVIEW with Altostrata, SA's founder   (45 minutes)

On 11/7/2020 at 8:23 AM, Altostrata said:

This is such a vital community because members help each other. It wouldn't be what it is without that mutual kindness and attention.

One of the things that's very important to each person here is knowing that healing is possible. Please don't just go away when you feel better! "Pay it forward" by updating your Intro topic with your progress and come back to post your success story when you are finally clear of all those awful symptoms.

Nothing is more valuable to the community than seeing how recovery happens. You have lots of people hoping you'll get better. Please let them know when you do.

Edited by ChessieCat
corrected PAWS

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Administrator

Welcome, @fourdays

How has your sleep pattern changed in the last month?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Thanks for the reply!

My sleep hasn't changed much, I am having some wacky dreams/nightmares. Wake up usually freaking out that I will be late for work.

Fatigue that I haven't had in ever. It feels as though I'm hypoglycemic/reactive hypoglycemia and so I'm sleeping around 10pm to about 6:30

• Moderator Emeritus
On 12/12/2020 at 4:49 PM, ChessieCat said:

Please create your drug signature and include ALL drugs/supplements, current and previous, following the instructions in this link:

Instructions:  Withdrawal History Signature

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• 2 weeks later...

I am suffering here, after what it seems to be months off after only having taken valium, Cymbalta and Prozac each about a month apart I cold turkey after after 3 days for both SSRI.

My heart just feels like it's beating so quick, struggle to get to sleep. Mouth is constantly dry feels like my cortisol levels are through the roof. Something is up but not sure. Maybe ANS dysregulation? How do I get it back to baseline because I wake up several times in the night and can't sleep properly feeling pretty tired and. I am not feeling like life is overly stressful but I have all the symptoms of panic/anxiety and I don't know why but I never had experienced before. Also struggle to eat

I'm only young adult and I want my life back!

• Moderator Emeritus

@fourdays Please note I moved your last post off of Newmom's thread and placed it here in your own thread. Please continue posting about your symptoms here in your own thread. 

Have you tried magnesium or fish oil? ChessieCat posted about this earlier in your thread, but I'll post it again here:

We don't recommend a lot of supplements, as many members report their nervous systems are simply too fragile to handle them. However, magnesium and fish oil tend to be calming to the nervous system and many people report they do help. Please only add in one supplement at a time and at a small dose. For more, please see:

King of supplements: Omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil)

Magnesium, nature's calcium channel blocker

Also, please work on non-drug coping techniques. 

Non-drug techniques to cope

You may find some of the mindfulness techniques or breathing techniques o be helpful in calming down symptoms. 

The Breathing Space by Jon Kabat Zinn video (4 minutes)

Go Zen - 4-7-8 Breathing Technique

Breathing for mood and well being (yoga, Wim Hoff and other techniques)

Some clinks from Dr. Claire Weekes on handling anxiety and panic:

On 12/12/2020 at 5:01 PM, ChessieCat said:

Audio:  First Aid for Panic (4 minutes) Female voice - getselfhelp.co.uk

Audio:  First Aid for Panic (4 minutes) Male voice - getselfhelp.co.uk

• Administrator

fourdays, how did you feel when you took Cymbalta for 3 days? How did you feel when you were taking Prozac?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.