Warriormaden: Front row seat to tenacity and pure will in here

Warriormaden

• Moderator Emeritus

From Post #1 of the Tips for Tapering Luvox topic:

On 10/18/2013 at 7:55 AM, Altostrata said:

Convert from fluvoxamine CR or Luvox to regular tablets

You may wish to switch from the extended-release version to regular fluvoxamine so you can use the tablet-cutting method or make a liquid from it.

Because of its short half-life, taking regular fluvoxamine may necessitate taking a dose twice a day.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Thank you.  I don’t know why my quote replies aren’t showing up. 

This says my short half life pill shouldn’t be split dosed unless over 100 mg.  Doesn’t the half life apply to smaller doses ? 

Also, thoughts about the fact that it kicked in so much after taking it last night? I had never noticed such a drastic change. Does that mean I’m screwed worse because I can feel it happen like a benzo? Has anyone else had such immediate relief? 

Also, what do you guys think about increasing to 25 and should I do that split dosed or just all at once at night ? 

1993-1994  klonopin/Zoloft 

1997-2018 Zolft or Paxil or Lexapro or Prozac and Klonopin or Xanax 

2019—Mirtazipine, Luvox, Klonopin 

2019 Tapered Mirtazipine and Klonopin 

2020-2021—Luvox taper from 100 mg dizzy, boaty, tinnitus, disabled, hopeless 

Jan 2022 Luvox liquid 16.5 mg 

Feb 2022 Luvox liquid 19 increased after weeks of boatiness, still not stable 

• Administrator
15 hours ago, Warriormaden said:

I took my full updose of 18 mg this evening and about an hour after the boaty rocking  calmed down, not gone but better.  What does that mean ?

It indicates you got withdrawal symptoms from tapering and the updose reversed the withdrawal symptoms.

Luvox is not in any way a benzo.

4 hours ago, Warriormaden said:

This says my short half life pill shouldn’t be split dosed unless over 100 mg.  Doesn’t the half life apply to smaller doses ? 

No, it's a conventional dosing instruction expecting people to use conventional tablets at conventional doses, not splitting the tablet.

Smaller doses may be metabolized faster and require split dosing.

4 hours ago, Warriormaden said:

Also, what do you guys think about increasing to 25 and should I do that split dosed or just all at once at night ? 

How are you measuring 18mg?

It's probably unnecessary for you to backtrack to 25mg. If 18mg is sufficient, I would stay at 18mg at least for a week or two. Very possible your withdrawal symptoms will settle down. Then you can taper more slowly.

Does 18mg make you sleepy when you take your dose at night? How do you feel when you wake up and in the earlier part of the day?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Moderator Emeritus

POST DELETED

Alto posted at the very same time I click Reply.

Edited by ChessieCat

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

43 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

It indicates you got withdrawal symptoms from tapering and the updose reversed the withdrawal symptoms.

Luvox is not in any way a benzo.

it’s pretty dramatic, the difference. I couldn’t sit before. I had to stand and rock and sway for hours to match the sensation and when I took it, it calmed so much. Oh boy that much immediate impact makes me nervous. I had never had that happen before with the Luvox. 

No, it's a conventional dosing instruction expecting people to use conventional tablets at conventional doses, not splitting the tablet.

Smaller doses may be metabolized faster and require split dosing.

oh yes, I see that now. How a smaller dose may metabolize faster. 

How are you measuring 18mg?

I put a 25 mg pill in 10 mil of water in a baby food jar.  Then I’m using a 5 mil syringe with fifth increments where 1/5 mil is .5 mg so 1 mil is 2.5 mg. Then I measure out the mil/mg I don’t need and want to dump out and take the rest from the baby food jar.  They’re very tiny marks and hard to get perfect.   Last night at 8:30 pm I pulled out and dumped 2 3/5 mil or 6.5 mg so I took 7 2/5 mil or 18.5 mil. Then because I thought I needed to go up more but didn’t want to do too much at a time , I took another 1 mg at 11:00 pm.  Today at 11:30 am  I took 2.5 mg. I’m still really trying to figure out the dosages the will sustain like it was before.  I hope this math is right, I can’t seem to do math anymore and have to re read my chart every night even though I majored in accounting. 😔

It's probably unnecessary for you to backtrack to 25mg. If 18mg is sufficient, I would stay at 18mg at least for a week or two. Very possible your withdrawal symptoms will settle down. Then you can taper more slowly.

I know the total has been erratic lately with the updosing  and trying to split dose while updosing.  My total is probably more like 19.5 daily average. 

Does 18mg make you sleepy when you take your dose at night? How do you feel when you wake up and in the earlier part of the day?

I didn’t notice that it had been making me sleepy all this time but looking back I have slept ok, even more hours than usual.  In fact, I thought it was making me depressed, and so it probably does make me sleepy. And when I went way up on last summer as an experiment, I was extremely lethargic. I’ve only started noticing this immediate calming (realtively speaking  effect though this weekend.  There has never really been a pattern that I could detect but did seem better in the evenings overall, i suppose, and that  is when I take it. But it has also ramped up at night at times.  
Mornings lately have been bad. Like it’s worn off but it doesn’t ramp up until lots of movement. Before the setbacks started in January, I hadnt really noticed anything in the morning except feeling lethargic and having no motivation which is not usually me. Now they have been bad with the rocking swaying keyed up stuff.  

Thank you for helping and sorry this is so detailed and delayed. It takes me a long time and extra effort to write these days.  

47 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

POST DELETED

Alto posted at the very same time I click Reply.

Thank you, Chessie.  The dose is having a good effect is what I meant by kicking in.  

• Administrator

How do you measure the water in the baby food jar?

You might find using a 2mL or 1mL syringe to be easier. You can ask your pharmacist. Veterinarians also have them.

Have you tried getting the prescription liquid?

1 hour ago, Warriormaden said:

Mornings lately have been bad. Like it’s worn off but it doesn’t ramp up until lots of movement.

What symptoms are bad in the morning, and what gets worse with movement? Do they fade as the day goes on?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

2 hours ago, Altostrata said:

How do you measure the water in the baby food jar?

I use the syringe to measure and put the 10 mil of water in the baby food jar.  Then just drop the pill in there. 

You might find using a 2mL or 1mL syringe to be easier. You can ask your pharmacist. Veterinarians also have them.

I do have some smaller ones . I will try that. It’s just so hard to accept that such a minuscule amount could cause so many problems and makes me fear for my ability to come off. 

Have you tried getting the prescription liquid?

I did but I got nervous it wouldn’t mix properly and I would get an overdose. There was a whole lot of medicine in there….Like 6 months worse. 

What symptoms are bad in the morning, and what gets worse with movement? Do they fade as the day goes on?

I wake up feeling the boatiness now almost right away and it gets worse as the day goes on.  But before this setback (this week in particular) and over the last month and a half, I wasn’t getting the boaty rocking in the morning necessarily.  It was pretty random. Always an undercurrent of it, but not like this.  Also, when I tapered my benzo at the end of 2019 and for a time before that when I was tapering my anti depressant first (tried to taper anti d before benzo but had to go back and do the benzo first) , this boatiness was the main and most disabling symptom each time I got low.  

EDIT TO ADD:  the 2.5 mg I took 7 hours ago I can now feel wearing off and the boatiness that was dampened down is rising up.  It never had this “working pretty quickly after a dose and then not working hours later” effect before. 

• Administrator

What times o'clock do you take your drugs, with their dosages? How do you feel before and after each dose?

16 hours ago, Altostrata said:

What times o'clock do you take your drugs, with their dosages? How do you feel before and after each dose?

Sorry this is delayed, last night was horrific. It’s a mess because up until this Jan/Feb setback I didn’t need too much detail as I always took only one dose once daily at 7 pm and really no other medicines.  I did keep notes but not very detailed. Here’s the last 10 days or so. It’s all over the place, where I’ve been increasing, trying to split, adding in other stuff etc etc   Thank you for taking a look.  I don’t know why it’s putting spaces between each line. 😞

Feb 9

AM Unending boaty undulating rocking can’t sit all morning

12:45 pm 10 mg Hydroxyzine helped 

7 pm 17.5 mg Luvox increased from hold of 16.5 mg 

Feb 10 less horrible day 

7 pm 17.5 mg Luvox 

Feb 11 

Am boaty rocking all morning 

Afternoon settling down about 2:30 pm

4 pm 10 mg Hydroxyzine 

7 pm 17.5 mg Luvox 

Feb 12 

Horrible boaty rocking all morning 

11 am 2.5 mg Luvox 

12 pm Less boaty rocking tension stiffness, able to sit 

3 pm 200 mg Advil 

4 pm attempted short walk w roommates help, worst panic attack in a year 

7 pm 18.5 mg Luvox increased from yesterday

Total 21

Feb 13 Less horrible day

7:45 pm 18.5 mg Luvox 

Feb 14 tense boaty headache all day 

7 pm 18.5 mg Luvox 

Feb 15 

AM Horrible floating boating rocking all morning

12 pm 5 mg Luvox seemingly no effect 

2:30 pm 1000 mg Tylenol 2:30 

Evening calmer able to do some cleaning chores

11 pm 13.5 mg Luvox 

Total 18.5 

Feb 16 least horrible day

9:30 am 7.5 mg Luvox 

11 pm 11 mg Luvox 

Total 18.5 

Feb 17 

AM boaty, standing and rocking, can’t sit 

10 am 7 mg Luvox seemingly no effect

Afternoon calmer 

11 pm 12.5 mg Luvox 

Total 19.5 

Feb 18 less horrible day

8:45 pm 19 mg Luvox 

Feb 19 

11 am 400 mg Advil 

1 pm 25 mg magnesium calm drink

Unrelenting undulating boaty, keyed up all day and early evening 

8 pm 18.5 mg Luvox 

9:15 pm Boaty better still there but in the background and able to sit 

9:30 pm 1 mg Luvox 

Total 19.5

Feb 20 best day 

11:15 am 2 mg Luvox 

1:30 pm Boaty rocking less, stiff neck better, calmer 

Able to go for short walk by 5 pm 

9:30 pm 17.5 mg Luvox 

Overall mostly decent manageable day and evening 

Woke up at 2 am boaty in bed 

Total 19.5 

Feb 21 

AM not too bad 

Afternoon headache from holding neck tight to keep balance, trying to keep boaty and tension at bay by box breathing, headache worsened by late afternoon

5:15 pm 25 mg magnesium calm drink 

PM horrific evening, undulating rocking boaty unending severe with headache 

7:30 pm 19.5 mg Luvox seemingly no effect

9:30 pm 1000mg Tylenol no effect

10:15 1.5 mg Luvox 

11 pm finally symptoms settling some and able to sleep 

Hi @Warriormaden!

I wanted to share, years ago I had extremely similar symptoms for 6 months. Coincidentally it was after stopping serzone, an ssnri I became allergic to.

I was diagnosed with vestibular migraines & treated with verapamil, a calcium channel blocker.  After several months to a year on verapamil I was able to quit with the symptoms in check. 

I believe calcium channel blockers are sometimes used for pppd. Reading your medication history, it looks like you haven’t tried one yet. can you suggest one to your medical team?

Zoloft 50 mg since 2019.   
2024. January. 33.75 February. 33.75 March 32.5 April 30.0

2023. January 33.75 mg  February 32.5 mg March 30.0 mg April 27.5 mg June 50 mg August 40 mg September-December 37.5 mg December 33.75 mg 

2022. January 50mg February 45 mg March 40.5 April-November 37.5  December 33.75 mg

Prior to discontinuation:  20 years of a variety of antidepressants & anti-anxiety meds from months to  years at a time (fluoxetine, nefazodone, venlafaxine, clonazepam, hydroxyzine).  I was unknowingly experiencing discontinuation and was frequently diagnosed with anxiety/exacerbations of previous illness as opposed to discontinuation. 

Supplements: Fish oil, Vitamin D3, magnesium,  B complex, l-theanine

• Administrator
8 hours ago, Warriormaden said:

Here’s the last 10 days or so. It’s all over the place, where I’ve been increasing, trying to split, adding in other stuff etc etc

This could be the very reason you feel so odd. It's essential to take the same dose at the same time each day!

You've even changed your doses in the last 2 days. We will be unable to interpret your symptom pattern until you settle into a consistent schedule. Please let me know when you've done this for a week -- that would be 7 days in a row.

9 hours ago, Altostrata said:

This could be the very reason you feel so odd. It's essential to take the same dose at the same time each day!

You've even changed your doses in the last 2 days. We will be unable to interpret your symptom pattern until you settle into a consistent schedule. Please let me know when you've done this for a week -- that would be 7 days in a row.

Thank you for looking. Yes, I never changed the schedule in over a year, but when the symptoms became unmanageable in Jan/Feb, first I held, and then updosed for a period. Then when that didn’t help , I tried to split and I thought you had to start moving part of the dose out slowly further til you achieved the split.  But I eventually decided to updose more and halt the split. 

Update……

Feb 21  horrific afternoon and evening with symptoms 
             20.5 mg Total in PM (19.5 + 1) 

Feb 22, okayest day in a while 
              20.5 mg Total one dose in PM

Feb 23 okay so far this morning (writing at 10 am PST)

I will hold here at 20.5 and report back.  Thank you. 

16 hours ago, CeruleanSea said:

Hi @Warriormaden!

I wanted to share, years ago I had extremely similar symptoms for 6 months. Coincidentally it was after stopping serzone, an ssnri I became allergic to.

I was diagnosed with vestibular migraines & treated with verapamil, a calcium channel blocker.  After several months to a year on verapamil I was able to quit with the symptoms in check. 

I believe calcium channel blockers are sometimes used for pppd. Reading your medication history, it looks like you haven’t tried one yet. can you suggest one to your medical team?

Thank you for writing. I think because I have low blood pressure, they can’t  give me those. Go figure. :( I will check though as vestibular migraine crossed my mind. I’m trying yet another round of appts this time with different providers at UW and maybe they will coordinate with each other.  The providers I’ve seen over many years never speak to each other.   They don’t really care if you get better or not in my experience. 

• Administrator

Please tag me to look at your symptom pattern in 2 weeks. Thanks.

4 hours ago, Altostrata said:

I will, thank you!

22 hours ago, Altostrata said:

@Altostrataim sorry to tag you already…after 2 ok days, the boating sensation is back again all morning and afternoon (so far today at 2 pm PST.)  I took my 20.5 mg Luvox dose last night at 7:30 slept mostly pretty good and now this again.  I’m at a loss of what to do.  It’s like my body is treating it like a benzo where I get relief until that dose wears off even though I have updosed. I’m so afraid of kindling myself or running the risk of it not working or going paradoxical if I hold too long as I’ve seen people say you shouldn’t increase back up after such and such a time frame.  At least now I usually get some relief occasionally. Dr, of course sad it doesn’t behave like that, it’s not an immediate type medication and the half shouldn’t cause that effect.   

Update

Writing this on 2/24/2022 at 11:00 PST 

After being boaty and rocking miserably all morning and afternoon, it subsided at about 4 pm. 
I’m trying to hold here at 20.5 hoping these symptoms will subside but I’m afraid if I hold too long while super symptomatic that I will reach that point where I hear people saying it’s too late to updose and you just have to suffer down. I couldn’t do this for months and months or years. 

You’re  doing really well @Warriormaden I know first hand how challenging the floaty boat symptom is. 
I’m down to 1.6mg Paxil and the floaty boat has become very intense along with other symptoms. 
You have times where it’s not so intense and that’s positive. 
it’s a hard road to travel . 

Nov 2018 Pregabalin 2x50 mg a day to help with Paxil WD. Aug 2019 2 x 25mg a day, April 2020 45mg, May 40mg, June 35mg, July 30mg, end July 25mg, Aug 24mg, June 2021 14mg, Jan 2022 14mg (2x7mg a day), Oct 10mg, Nov 5mg, December 25th 2022 0mg 🎈

Oct 2004 - Oct 2018 Paxil 20 mg, Nov 15mg, Dec 10mg,  Feb 2019 7.5mg crashed, Feb 8.5mg, Nov 8mg, March 2020 7.2mg, April 6.5mg, May 5.9mg, June 5.4mg, July 4.8mg, Dec 4.5mg, Jan 2021 4mg, Feb 3.6mg, March 3.2mg, April 2.9mg, Aug 2.7mg, Sept 2.4mg, Oct 2.2mg, Nov 2mg, Dec 1.8mg, Feb 2022 1.6mg, March 1.4mg, April 1.2mg, May 1.0mg, June 0.8mg, July 0.6mg, Aug 0.4mg, Sep 0.2mg, October 6th 2022 0mg  🎈

December 25th 2022 drug free 

these dates are approximate 

11 hours ago, Longroadhome said:

You’re  doing really well @Warriormaden I know first hand how challenging the floaty boat symptom is. 
I’m down to 1.6mg Paxil and the floaty boat has become very intense along with other symptoms. 
You have times where it’s not so intense and that’s positive. 
it’s a hard road to travel . 

Thank you for the encouragement. That’s amazing that you are down to 1.6 mg. We both are on short acting drugs. I don’t know how you have done it.  If I have to fight daily waves of this, I will have to switch to something longer acting. It’s too much. It’s morning here and so far I haven’t had it today.  Thankfully. How are you feeling ? 

10 hours ago, Warriormaden said:

Thank you for the encouragement. That’s amazing that you are down to 1.6 mg. We both are on short acting drugs. I don’t know how you have done it.  If I have to fight daily waves of this, I will have to switch to something longer acting. It’s too much. It’s morning here and so far I haven’t had it today.  Thankfully. How are you feeling ? 

Mine is severe the last few weeks. No breaks. 
does yours go away completely at times ? 

Nov 2018 Pregabalin 2x50 mg a day to help with Paxil WD. Aug 2019 2 x 25mg a day, April 2020 45mg, May 40mg, June 35mg, July 30mg, end July 25mg, Aug 24mg, June 2021 14mg, Jan 2022 14mg (2x7mg a day), Oct 10mg, Nov 5mg, December 25th 2022 0mg 🎈

Oct 2004 - Oct 2018 Paxil 20 mg, Nov 15mg, Dec 10mg,  Feb 2019 7.5mg crashed, Feb 8.5mg, Nov 8mg, March 2020 7.2mg, April 6.5mg, May 5.9mg, June 5.4mg, July 4.8mg, Dec 4.5mg, Jan 2021 4mg, Feb 3.6mg, March 3.2mg, April 2.9mg, Aug 2.7mg, Sept 2.4mg, Oct 2.2mg, Nov 2mg, Dec 1.8mg, Feb 2022 1.6mg, March 1.4mg, April 1.2mg, May 1.0mg, June 0.8mg, July 0.6mg, Aug 0.4mg, Sep 0.2mg, October 6th 2022 0mg  🎈

13 hours ago, Longroadhome said:

Mine is severe the last few weeks. No breaks. 
does yours go away completely at times ? 

Ugh that’s awful. I know exactly how you feel. Im just so tired of battling this, I know you must be too.   Mine is never completely gone but at times has felt almost gone or at least not too troublesome .

After a good day and night yesterday, best I’ve felt in a while, it is back this morning. 😔  For me, it really is the only symptom of any significant impact for me, how about for you? Do you have other symptoms ? Do you think it is more severe  right now for you because you dropped by .2 from December to now ? 

1 minute ago, Warriormaden said:

Ugh that’s awful. I know exactly how you feel. Im just so tired of battling this, I know you must be too.   Mine is never completely gone but at times has felt almost gone or at least not too troublesome .

After a good day and night yesterday, best I’ve felt in a while, it is back this morning. 😔  For me, it really is the only symptom of any significant impact for me, how about for you? Do you have other symptoms ? Do you think it is more severe  right now for you because you dropped by .2 from December to now ? 

Just now, Longroadhome said:
2 minutes ago, Warriormaden said:

After a good day and night yesterday, best I’ve felt in a while, it is back this morning. 😔  For me, it really is the only symptom of any significant impact for me, how about for you? Do you have other 

10 minutes ago, Longroadhome said:
12 minutes ago, Warriormaden said:

Longroad …I got a notification but don’t see a message attached. Just write when you can if you want. I know sometimes I just don’t even gave the energy or brainpower to respond. 

I’m sensitive to dose changes. Have  been from the beginning of all this. Below 5mg Paxil it’s harder to decrease (Alto’s words) . Although it has a short half life it’s also the way it metabolises. I have found this to be correct. Floaty boat came on when I hit 4.6mg along with lots of other intense symptoms and has continued while reducing further.

I have lots of other symptoms like tinnitus, hair breakage and poor condition , anxiety, joint pain, bad pain in hips, morning  cortisol, dry eyes, agitation etc etc 

today has been a decent day regarding floaty boat . Yesterday thought I was on the titanic lol !! 

Oh and I’ve  just started having jelly legs like it’s hard to walk and I feel like they’re going to give way any second. Not a good symptom to have with floaty boat !!

What are your other symptoms?  

There are many more people than you think with floaty boat symptom it’s just that they might use a different terminology. People have different timescales of how long it lasts too . With some it’s short lived others it’s months and longer for others. 
I suppose that’s like Akathisia with people having it to varying degrees and others where it’s very debilitating for a lengthy period  of if time.

1 hour ago, Longroadhome said:

I’m sensitive to dose changes. Have  been from the beginning of all this. Below 5mg Paxil it’s harder to decrease (Alto’s words) . Although it has a short half life it’s also the way it metabolises.
I have found this to be correct. Floaty boat came on when I hit 4.6mg along with lots of other intense symptoms and has continued while reducing further.

I have lots of other symptoms like tinnitus, hair breakage and poor condition , anxiety, joint pain, bad pain in hips, morning  cortisol, dry eyes, agitation etc etc 

today has been a decent day regarding floaty boat . Yesterday thought I was on the titanic lol !! 

I’m glad today is better for you. Have you found a pattern in the day to day variations? I cannot. You are certainly strong  to stay the course! I won’t be able to tolerate this for months and months and will try to switch to something longer acting if it proves to be the reason that the boaty has intensified. This has been a symptom for me for many years (I think from tolerance )  and gets worse each time I got low on a couple other taper attempts. I also have  tinnitus/morning cortisol/anxiety/fatigue/brain fog etc from this but this is the only symptom that completely disables me.  I also had hair loss during Klonopin taper but it came back.

Do you have floaty boat while lying down ? What do you mean it’s the way it metabolizes ? 

9 hours ago, Warriormaden said:

I’m glad today is better for you. Have you found a pattern in the day to day variations? I cannot. You are certainly strong  to stay the course! I won’t be able to tolerate this for months and months and will try to switch to something longer acting if it proves to be the reason that the boaty has intensified. This has been a symptom for me for many years (I think from tolerance )  and gets worse each time I got low on a couple other taper attempts. I also have  tinnitus/morning cortisol/anxiety/fatigue/brain fog etc from this but this is the only symptom that completely disables me.  I also had hair loss during Klonopin taper but it came back.

Do you have floaty boat while lying down ? What do you mean it’s the way it metabolizes ? 

I don’t think there is a pattern. Though I do think anxiety heightens it. 
for instance I had an ok day on Friday then at 4pm went shopping with my daughter . I was worried about walking with jelly legs and this brought more anxiety which then heightened the floaty boat sensation. 
Yes I get floaty boat when lying down.  Sitting is a nightmare as I feel I’m going to fall off the chair ( sometimes really intense not so other times) . Don’t notice it so much when in motion, walking or driving. 
How about you? 

when I’m sitting I usually keep moving my foot to counteract the feeling of motion. However, lately when the motion is intense this can make me feel dizzy. Strange. 

Alto mentioned once that Paxil inhabits it’s own metabolism and that this is why it’s a bear to taper off. Don’t know what that means exactly but I’m guessing it’s to do with the way the drug is processed in our system.

When you say you have been dealing with it for years surely not to the same intensity ?  

14 hours ago, Longroadhome said:

I don’t think there is a pattern. Though I do think anxiety heightens it. 
for instance I had an ok day on Friday then at 4pm went shopping with my daughter . I was worried about walking with jelly legs and this brought more anxiety which then heightened the floaty boat sensation. 
Yes I get floaty boat when lying down.  Sitting is a nightmare as I feel I’m going to fall off the chair ( sometimes really intense not so other times) . Don’t notice it so much when in motion, walking or driving. 
How about you? 

when I’m sitting I usually keep moving my foot to counteract the feeling of motion. However, lately when the motion is intense this can make me feel dizzy. Strange. 

Alto mentioned once that Paxil inhabits it’s own metabolism and that this is why it’s a bear to taper off. Don’t know what that means exactly but I’m guessing it’s to do with the way the drug is processed in our system.

When you say you have been dealing with it for years surely not to the same intensity ?  

Yes, I agree, anxiety definitely heightens it.  

The jelly legs is awful.  I’ve only had it occasionally.  Hopefully, it will go away as your body adjusts.  

Yep, sitting is a nightmare and I do the foot moving to counteract it also, and motion makes less noticeable.  So crazy, exactly the same!  I used to hate going to work meetings because sitting with other people was so hard.  

No, I’ve definitely not had it at this intensity for years.  It came on a year or so after I stopped meds the first time but at low intensity (I had only been on them about 9 months back then).  Everyone said it was anxiety and to get back on meds and each time they pooped out or I became tolerant, the boaty seemed to ramp up and they would switch me to something else.  I decided it was the meds causing the problem (since I never had that one particular symptom in the first place) and starting tapering different things a few years ago and it gets bad each time I get low, so I haven’t been successful getting fully off yet.  :(

You seem to keep a good attitude about it! I wish I could.  

Anyone….I’ve increased from a low of 15.5 Luvox at the beginning of January to 20.5 the past week where I’m holding  in an attempt to stabilize . Seems like a lot and I lost all that progress which fills me with despair. The symptoms are still severe with just a couple windows that seem to disappear the 2nd day after an increase. Shouldn’t it be settling down by now? I’m afraid I’m sensitizing myself worse by holding thru unrelenting symptoms.

I’m desperate for relief. My drs have offered muscle relaxers, gabapentin, and switching to Effexor, none of which I’ve ever taken and am terrified to but this is getting intolerable. 

@Warriormaden

i don’t recommend Gabapentin it’s very similar to Lyrica that I am on. It is addictive and has side effects and is just as difficult to taper from.

@Warriormaden

Have you  never been free of floaty boat since  the 90s . I mean with no symptoms of it at all, despite the meds you’ve taken for it ?  
When it came on the first time was it part of withdrawal from coming off the meds . Did you have other symptoms of withdrawal at the time ? 

the reason I ask is that there is another member on this site that had floaty boat before taking any meds and that is the reason he was put on them in the first place. So I was just wondering if your floaty boat had anything to do with the meds or just coincidence. 
I think he was free of symptoms for many years while on the meds but does suffer with the same dizziness now and is still tapering/holding. I can’t remember his name. 

I’m so sorry you are suffering like this and really hope you get relief soon. 

3 hours ago, Longroadhome said:

@Warriormaden

Have you  never been free of floaty boat since  the 90s . I mean with no symptoms of it at all, despite the meds you’ve taken for it ?  
When it came on the first time was it part of withdrawal from coming off the meds . Did you have other symptoms of withdrawal at the time ? 

the reason I ask is that there is another member on this site that had floaty boat before taking any meds and that is the reason he was put on them in the first place. So I was just wondering if your floaty boat had anything to do with the meds or just coincidence. 
I think he was free of symptoms for many years while on the meds but does suffer with the same dizziness now and is still tapering/holding. I can’t remember his name. 

I’m so sorry you are suffering like this and really hope you get relief soon. 

Thank you for the support. Yes, it came on after discontinuing the meds the first time.  But it was far enough from the taper that I’m not sure if it was a withdrawal thing. …stopped August 94….first mentioned symptom Nov 95.   I never had this sensation before meds although I was definitely wired more anxious than the average person.  

There was one period when first restarting meds in 97 where I was totally free of it for a year and some periods where it was pretty imperceptible while on them.  I always took the lowest doses of meds because I somehow knew i would need to go off someday.  People would get mad and tell me I wasn’t taking enough to fix my anxiety but I wouldn’t go up so assumed it was always some sort of tolerance and dealt with it. I I really thought it was benzo tolerance but since I tapered that 2 years ago, I no longer think that.  

im going to tag alto to see if I should increase some more.  

Did you have any withdrawal symptoms the first time you discontinued in ‘94 If so did they last long? 

Antidepressants and Benzos affect balance. You tapered from the Benzo  but you’re still taking the antidepressant . 
It can also take longer than two years to recover from Benzo withdrawal.
to really heal you need to be off all meds. 
I know how hard that is. I know, easier said than done.  But please think hard before starting another med or increasing the med you’re  on.  
Another option is to wait to stabilise ?