Karenupatree: Lyrica/Gabapentin

KarenUpATree

Here from Facebook.

Completely confused by this website.

is this where I post about needing some support?

I am so alone in these withdrawals.

My Intro topic

This is going to take some time to document, I will keep adding information (Feb 20, 2022)
Clomiprimine - Came off too fast had terrible withdrawals. Panic attacks, uncontrollable body movement, pain in legs, headache, feeling of bugs in my brain, dry heaving, mucus pouring from nose, over all sense of dying, itchy skin, unable to think clearly or make small decisions, uncontrollable weeping, extreme exhaustion. 

To treat the withdrawals psychiatrist increased Gabapentin (taking for nighttime restless legs) slowly from 300mg to per day to 1,800. This helped calm things down.

Vortioxetine/Trintellix (SSRI) 20mg  - added during Gabapentin taper still using, plan to get off someday.

Gabapentin - Slowly started tapering off.  All above withdrawals listed above except for the bugs in my head came back.  Every drop I would have episodes/waves. It took approximately 18 months to get to zero.  I have been off since December 30, 2021 and I am still having episodes they are less severe.

Buspirone 60mg

Zopiclone 5mg

Ativan 2mg

Ketamine for depression.

@KarenUpATree

Welcome to SA. I'm going to give you a link that the fb members have been posting.

Thank you very much for creating a signature.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out.

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

6 hours ago, KarenUpATree said:

Here from Facebook.

@KarenUpATreeyou got it!

My Intro topic

Lyrica / pregabalin started Feb 2021 and experienced terrible burning in my legs
Lyrica / pregabalin started to reduce March 2021 and experiment burning legs, bladder issues, insomnia, anxiety, angry, depression etc. I was reducing too fast so switched to 10% reduction a month.

currently taking 85mg of Lyrica. 

Seroquel started in October 2021 for insomnia…cause hyperventilating and ended up with a blood clot, which may or may not be related. Stopper Seroquel in Dec 2021.
Clonazapam- currently taking 0.5mg for anxiety 
Effexor- took it for maybe 5 years and went off of it in maybe 2018. Cause skin problems and was very hard to get off. Brain zaps.

Zoloft- took as an adolescent and into my 20s. Went off of it in my early 20s. 
Buspar- Took as a child, must have switched to Zoloft at some point. 

17 hours ago, KarenUpATree said:

Here from Facebook.

Welcome!  You have found us :-)

If you look on MerryJane or Beyondgabapentoids the people that follow them are from the fb group then other can follow you back then when you post we will get a notification and can reply. Or if you go down the thread that Frogie has kindly put her, the majority of us have commented on this thread so you can follow us from there and we can follow back.  You can also add posts by adding it to a topic. and then posting.  We are here, although this is set out differently and unfortunately not as active.

Take care

L

My Intro topic  

Insomnia following AZ vaccine April 21.

May 21-July 21-Began Lorazepam.  Withdrew as per Dr recommendations. (i now have learned that this was too fast)

August 21 diagnosed with Fibromyralgia and CFS and possible Ehlers Danlos

September 21- Started Pregabalin/Lyrica 150mg, upped to 250mg in the coming weeks, didn't like the way it made me feel so dropped to 200mg end Nov 21/start Dec 21 (as per Dr advice) found the survivors group, held there until

22nd Jan 22 began following Ashton Manual. Got to 88mg am and pm (176mg daily) 11th March.  Holding here atm as caught covid, and appears I have symptoms of long covid.

Hey @KarenUpATree

Welcome!  You're Doin good!  It's MerryJayneFriday here or MJF for short.  I'm a mod from the Facebook. You'll get the hang of it. Message me if I can help XO 

MJF 

MerryJayneFriday

Polydrugged for many years after dx of Failed Back surgery.   Tapered from Lyrica from 2016 to 2020

Quit 10 mg oxycontin Sept 2021

currently taking 5mg oxycodone every 4 to 5 hours

• 4 months later...

I am so confused in this website. I am looking for information on how to reduce trintellix slowly. Can someone tell me where to go on this website.

My Intro topic

This is going to take some time to document, I will keep adding information (Feb 20, 2022)
Clomiprimine - Came off too fast had terrible withdrawals. Panic attacks, uncontrollable body movement, pain in legs, headache, feeling of bugs in my brain, dry heaving, mucus pouring from nose, over all sense of dying, itchy skin, unable to think clearly or make small decisions, uncontrollable weeping, extreme exhaustion. 

To treat the withdrawals psychiatrist increased Gabapentin (taking for nighttime restless legs) slowly from 300mg to per day to 1,800. This helped calm things down.

Vortioxetine/Trintellix (SSRI) 20mg  - added during Gabapentin taper still using, plan to get off someday.

Gabapentin - Slowly started tapering off.  All above withdrawals listed above except for the bugs in my head came back.  Every drop I would have episodes/waves. It took approximately 18 months to get to zero.  I have been off since December 30, 2021 and I am still having episodes they are less severe.

Buspirone 60mg

Zopiclone 5mg

Ativan 2mg

Ketamine for depression.

Need to taper of Trintellix 10 mg.

I am having major stomach problems after being on Trintellix for aprox a year. I need to reduce but the doses are 10mg or 5mg.  The pills are oblong shaped so will be a problem to cut.  Please if anyone can give me some suggestions I am open.

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic title before merging with intro topic

My Intro topic

Buspirone 60mg

Zopiclone 5mg

Ativan 2mg

Ketamine for depression.

• Moderator Emeritus

Please ask questions here in your Introduction topic.  SA works differently to many other forums.  Your Introduction topic is the place to ask questions about your own situation and journal your progress, keeping your history in one place and means you won't have to repeat your story.

Here is SA's topic:

Tips for tapering off vortioxetine (Trintellix, previously called Brintellix)

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Administrator

@KarenUpATree here is your Introductions topic. Please turn on your e-mail notifications to get alerts for responses to your questions.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I think I turned them on.

My Intro topic

Buspirone 60mg

Zopiclone 5mg

Ativan 2mg

Ketamine for depression.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi KarenUpATree, 

How are you doing? Did you get a chance to have a look at the link on how to taper Trintellix that ChessieCat posted here on your thread?

I’m really sorry you’re having stomach problems. These meds cause so many different symptoms. As mentioned by Alto and ChessieCat please journal and ask questions on this thread in introductions and updates. You will get the hang of it, when I first started here I ended up doing two threads and they had to be merged. When all of our information is in one place it’s easier for different ones to help and comment and to have an interchange of encouragement. 

Your KarenUpATree name made me smile🌳, sending hugs🤗

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg. 2020➡️5.60 to 4.80. 2021➡️4.60 to 4.0.  2022➡️3.95 to 3.55. 2023➡️ From 3.50 to 3.25.  2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️May1=3.05✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.