UpsAndDowns: 3 doses of sertraline - windows and waves

UpsAndDowns

Pretty much have the same things to report. 

Oh, if I knew all this bad stuff would happen, there’s no way I would touch the drugs!

Will I really be able to feel normal? Why is it that I feel worse in some respects than I did before, but better in others? What if I didn’t try that one supplement? It might be that I am closer to “base line” now, but I am also much heavier and more lethargic, and every bit of personal growth that I’ve gained during this time was growth I could have gained just as well without this withdrawal thing. It shouldn’t matter, it isn’t that much of a problem, but I need to get into a more positive headspace. 

Sertraline 25 mg, August 19, 20, and 22, 2022 

(possibly sensitized by some herbal medicine on October 22, 2022 - or maybe just a huge anxiety attack because I thought of the possibility - I haven’t mentioned it in the body of my intro topic because I think neuro-emotions are more relevant to what I’m currently feeling) 

Well, I would still consider myself as being more in a window than in a wave now, and closer to baseline. 

(possibly sensitized by some herbal medicine on October 22, 2022 - or maybe just a huge anxiety attack because I thought of the possibility - I haven’t mentioned it in the body of my intro topic because I think neuro-emotions are more relevant to what I’m currently feeling) 

• 2 weeks later...

A continued window! I find that pelvic floor stretches have helped a lot with my well being. Today, I feel some emotions more deeply than usual, and generally have felt a lot more positive emotions. My appetite and enjoyment of food is a lot greater, too. 

I think the main things that have helped me are time, exercise, healthy eating, friendships that make me feel worthy and supported, and hobbies. 

Not everything has cleared up physically and this can be a source of frustration, but the progress I have made is very good and affirming. To not feel as wonky and disoriented (like DP/DR) is really good. 

• 1 month later...

Hit a wave - mostly feeling very intense negative emotions right now. 

• 4 weeks later...

Better but feeling like I’ve plateaued. Is this the extent of my recovery? I’m very content with it but also frustrated at the same time! It’s hard to put the right words together right now. I think I’ll be here a little more looking for peer support and inspiration from other threads. 

• 3 weeks later...

Missing my clearest windows (Dec-Jan and March-late June)… Struggling a lot with negative thinking but I know that it’s not good for me and will steer clear! I’m trying to get back into hobbies and fun stuff, and taking it easy while I can. I’d really appreciate some words of encouragement during this current wave but I can also find them in other posts on the forum, I’m sure.

I definitely feel as though I could have taken more advantage of my previous windows. I feel less capable of doing things as I had before (at least in this wave!)… things feel more daunting right now.

Okay. Reading the advice and assurances that people have posted in other threads. 

I just had an important realization while on a walk. To make this experience less scary, I have to accept, trust, and allow myself to experience what I am feeling right now. Not imagine what I would have felt pre-withdrawal, or a few months ago, or a few weeks ago, or what the perfect version of me would feel and think and experience. That’s how I can actually feel like myself in my body and stop second guessing myself. A sort of mindfulness/being present at all times. The other thing I resolve to do right now is REALLY put effort into taking care of myself. Those nights of staying up accumulate, those days of not exercising, and so on and so forth. They also affect my mood and influence my judgment in negative ways… which has led to setbacks, if indirectly e.g. I was feeling bad about myself and an unwarranted lack of sleep/exercise clouded my judgment… so I decided to try certain supplements that didn’t work well with my system… or I decided to stay in negativity… so let’s see if I can put myself to the test of stronger discipline!

Window is coming, I feel it! Also, a good attitude is really important and living in the present. And taking better care of myself. These are all things I wish I implemented better before, but I know they will also serve me well now. 

• 5 months later...

Quick update! Doing well in general. Went back to school. Windows and waves. Accomplished a lot more than I thought I could. Alcohol definitely has a negative effect on my well being, even a small amount, so I will avoid it. Just continuing to be patient and do everything to the best of my ability.