flower switched to liquid celexa

flower

• Moderator Emeritus

My ears started ringing after taking the gabapentin last night and were still like that when I got up It has ceased as of now.I hope this will pass.The updose has made me nauseated this morning. I think I'll skip it today and try to ride this out.I hope I didn't mess everything up. 7mgs and holding.Surely this will stabilize soon. I hate to spend another Christmas ill. I'm going to cry, I hate that too

Hi flower... I got your PM about same. Did you have tinnitus before you took tylenol? Sometimes tinnitus can be very faint, just a tiny high pitched wail in the background, at least that's what it was for me. I did not recognize this as anything significant until it suddenly got worse because I unwittingly added a second drug to the mix, sort of like the tylenol acted with you. Tinnitus is more likely caused by celexa than gabapentin, but this does not mean gabapentin is not involved, and both could be playing a role.

You refer to an updose.. this would be the extra .5 mgs of celexa you took yesterday? Have you had nausea from celexa before? Nausea certainly is a troublesome side effect, but maybe you need to give Alto a chance for further feedback before completely missing a dose. I wonder if your nausea could be from something else, there is a virus afoot.

As always, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! A proud supporter of the 10% (or slower) rule.

Requip - 3/16 ZERO  Total time on 25 years.

Lyrica: 8/15 ZERO Total time on 7 or 8 yrs.

BENZO FREE 10/13 (started tapering 7/10)  Total time on 25 years.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

Thanks alot for the reply I'm having a rough go of it today.Yes Celexa made me sick when I started taking it.Docs said it would go away.It did but everytime I updose I have symptoms.I'm kind of sorry I did that yesterday.Is it possible I will never get stable on 7 mgs or do I need more time.I hope one .5mg dose doesn't mess with me too much. Would fish oil cause this ringing? I think you are right though. It's amazing how much can go on during WDs. I actually have pain in my wrists..What's up with that? I've had less pain in my feet til the updose. That always changes the feelings in my feet for some reason.Maybe the fish oil really does help with pain or is it the reduction of the Celexa. What a devil drug. I'm going to take the gabapentin early to check symptoms from that or the AD. Alto suggested this.

C/T Celexa and Trazadone on Jan.29th 2014
Prescribed 1mg of Klonopin every 6 hours on Jan.29th
Began tapering Klonopin April 18th..stretching time between doses...at first one hour for 2 weeks then a half hour for app.10 days then another half hour 10days later.
Presently at .25 three times a day..6 2 and 10pm. Trying to stabilize.
Also still taking gabapentin 300mgs 2xs a day..

I feel like I can not make it through this day...Sitting here sobbing again.

Began tapering Klonopin April 18th..stretching time between doses...at first one hour for 2 weeks then a half hour for app.10 days then another half hour 10days later.

flower... I read your thread after replying to you in a PM.

This doctor you mentioned is off the wall! No one, at any age, should just stop taking 20mg Celexa - or many other medications for that matter. That doctor is dangerous!

Note to check on the mother in law today..That Doc gave her ativan to replace the Celexa....

• Moderator Emeritus

Flower (((hugs))) sounds like we are experiencing something similar at the moment. I find I feel much better as the day wears on, hope you do too.

*** Please note this is not medical advice,discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner***

http://prozacwithdrawal.blogspot.com/
Original drug was sertraline/Zoloft, switched to Prozac in 2007.
Tapering from 5mls liquid prozac since Feb 2008, got down to 0.85ml 23/09/2012, reinstated back to 1ml(4mg) 07/11/2012, didn't appear to work, upped to 1.05ml 17/11/2012, back down to 1ml 12/12/2012 didn't work, up to 1.30ml 16/3/2013 didn't work, bumped up to 2ml (8mg) 4/4/2013 didn't work, in July 2013 I reinstated Sertraline (Zoloft) 50mg, feeling better now. 

A few months down the line I switched to 5ml liquid Prozac and tapered down to a compromise dose of 3ml liquid Prozac and have stayed there ever since, no withdrawals and no emotional blunting/loss of libido.

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks alot for the reply I'm having a rough go of it today.Yes Celexa made me sick when I started taking it.Docs said it would go away.It did but everytime I updose I have symptoms.I'm kind of sorry I did that yesterday.Is it possible I will never get stable on 7 mgs or do I need more time.I hope one .5mg dose doesn't mess with me too much. Would fish oil cause this ringing? I think you are right though. It's amazing how much can go on during WDs. I actually have pain in my wrists..What's up with that? I've had less pain in my feet til the updose. That always changes the feelings in my feet for some reason.Maybe the fish oil really does help with pain or is it the reduction of the Celexa. What a devil drug. I'm going to take the gabapentin early to check symptoms from that or the AD. Alto suggested this.

Hi again flower... I'm very sorry you are having such a tough go of it today. And you are still concerned about your mother in law.. that speaks very well of you indeed.

It does sound like you might have the same side effects from updosing celexa to stabilize that you did when the doc was titrating you up on the dose. Again, see what Alto has to say when she comes online.

Fish oil has helped others with pain and hopefully you will slso benefit. Let us know how early dosing with gabapentin goes. In the meantime, Posted Image

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

I cried when I saw that hug...Thank you so much.I took the Gabapentin and my ears started ringing again but later the Celexa made it stop and the crying stopped also.I didn't take the extra .5mgs. You are right.It doesn't seem I can updose easily. In the past I took the .5mg in the afternoon for a few days..The ringing best stop though. I hope it will pass as everything else seems to.I'll try the gabapentin early tomorrow again.It scares me to think of not taking it.I have 100mg capsules.Do you think it would hurt to cut to 200mgs at night.Is that too much?

Flower (((hugs))) sounds like we are experiencing something similar at the moment. I find I feel much better as the day wears on, hope you do too.

Yes I do too.I stopped crying for now.My husband called from work,I hate to worry him. I will follow your progress. We can overcome this thing.tonight I take an antihistamine to get some sleep. That's bad when you take trazadone and can't sleep more thn 3 or 4 hours. That vistiril has saved my life a few times.

• Moderator Emeritus

Flower, on line support has been a mahusive help to me at times, even when you don't know the person personally in real life, it means a lot sometimes to know that someone somewhere sympathises and understands - every little helps.

*** Please note this is not medical advice,discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner***

Tapering from 5mls liquid prozac since Feb 2008, got down to 0.85ml 23/09/2012, reinstated back to 1ml(4mg) 07/11/2012, didn't appear to work, upped to 1.05ml 17/11/2012, back down to 1ml 12/12/2012 didn't work, up to 1.30ml 16/3/2013 didn't work, bumped up to 2ml (8mg) 4/4/2013 didn't work, in July 2013 I reinstated Sertraline (Zoloft) 50mg, feeling better now. 

A few months down the line I switched to 5ml liquid Prozac and tapered down to a compromise dose of 3ml liquid Prozac and have stayed there ever since, no withdrawals and no emotional blunting/loss of libido.

• Administrator

flower, now I'm confused. Do you feel better or worse after you take Celexa in the morning?

More Celexa is not necessarily better.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

flower, now I'm confused. Do you feel better or worse after you take Celexa in the morning?

More Celexa is not necessarily better.

No Alto I feel worse when I take the Celexa. If I change the dose I get the same side effects. I would like to go up a little but I get sick. It frightens me. Yesterday, after updosing .5mgs the day before, I was ill. Crying anxiety,pins and needles. Almost all day. I haven't been sleeping well,this makes me weak. I took 50mgs of antihistamine and went to sleep. Today I seperate the gabapentin and Celexa again. I had that ringing in my ears this morning. Any input on switching Trazadone to imiprimine to see if this helps with morning anxiety?I got to Doc next week. Maybe increase Celexa by .25 instead of .5 ?Flirting with disaster? It's always been this way with titrating and tapering for me though.

Schuler I was just reading your thread about tapering Lyrica. I'm thinking gabapentin has a bit to do with this ringing in my ears. Even though I haven't changed the dose. I didn't know gabapentin would be so hard to taper. I feel a bit better this morning,I didn't take the extra Celexa. The ringing has stopped for the time being. You have been so brave. I'm looking forward to advice here so I can stay away from hospitals. I'm so sensitive to this stuff. I'm having those snaps in my head today so I figure this is all Celexa WD. I'll ask Alto what she thinks about the gabapentin working differently since I'm on this low dose of Celexa. My niece ask me yesterday "why don't you just take the Celexa." I cried some more. You'd think I'd be dehydrated by now. To mention the mother in laws progress,yesterday she was very weepy. I think CT of Celexa will bite her in the butt. I wish I could stabilize so I wasn't so ill. I'm not sure I should updose. I'll wait another couple days for that updose yesterday to subside. Woops, I do hear those birds in my head...Have to go take care of that darn bird...I hear him callin my name..Thanks again everyone I'll be back.

• Moderator Emeritus

Schuler I was just reading your thread about tapering Lyrica. I'm thinking gabapentin has a bit to do with this ringing in my ears. Even though I haven't changed the dose. I didn't know gabapentin would be so hard to taper. I feel a bit better this morning,I didn't take the extra Celexa. The ringing has stopped for the time being.

You'd think I'd be dehydrated by now. T

To mention the mother in laws progress,yesterday she was very weepy. I think CT of Celexa will bite her in the butt. I wish I could stabilize so I wasn't so ill. I'm not sure I should updose. I'll wait another couple days for that updose yesterday to subside. Woops, I do hear those birds in my head...Have to go take care of that darn bird...I hear him callin my name..Thanks again everyone I'll be back.

HI Flower... I looked up Gabapentin and IMHO it would seem the least likely to be cause tinnitus, though it is a cousin of Lyrica, and Lyrica obviously does. I'm curious as to what Alto thinks. Unfortunately, once tinnitus gets going, it can take some time to remit. Hold fast, it will abate.

I would think you are dehydrated. Drink liquids with electrolytes.

My guess is your mother-in-law will become symptomatic in the short run, and so be able to reinstate before she goes into serious withdrawal. You are looking over her shoulder, so I'm hopeful on your behalf!

I made a promise to my sister today to stick to 7mgs of Celexa no matter what..It's been 44 days since the drop to 5 mgs. Wouldn't you think it would stop by now even if I dropped by 10mgs and got myself into this serious WDs

• Moderator Emeritus

I made a promise to my sister today to stick to 7mgs of Celexa no matter what..It's been 44 days since the drop to 5 mgs. Wouldn't you think it would stop by now even if I dropped by 10mgs and got myself into this serious WDs

Are you still as nauseous today? Can you keep any food down, if so how much. Are you losing weight. When did this latest bout of nausea begin.

I've been holding for the past two months to stabilize tinnitus, but that would seem interminable if I was more symptomatic.

• Moderator Emeritus

Flower, how about keeping a journal so as to keep track of your symptoms, a lot of folks here do so and find it most helpful?

• Moderator Emeritus

I've just started to keep a log on a spreadsheet now so I can see clearly what's going on.

I have felt some what better today.The 50mgs of vistiril helped alot. I took it last night. I'll try that again tonight and get more sleep. I didn't think this was going to be this hard. I saw the mother in law today.It's been 8 days since the Doc cut off her meds. She was having chest pains. She promised to take Celexa tomorrow morning. Also to change Doctors. I sure hope I can adjust to this 7mgs of Celexa.I have to. Vistiril has helped before. Last night I slapped my husband in my sleep! I remember apologizing, he asked if he was snoring. Good thing I didn't hit him in the face. Vistiril does some bizzare stuff to me but I get some sleep.I'm recharging my batteries,so to speak, so I can try again. Thanks again everyone. You're keeping me out of the hospital. I'll return.

Flower, how about keeping a journal so as to keep track of your symptoms, a lot of folks here do so and find it most helpful?

I do keep a journal..So I count the days,and keep track of everything.

I've just started to keep a log on a spreadsheet now so I can see clearly what's going on.

Thanks Strawberry I can use all the help I can get. Alto should have been a Doctor. She knows more than my Doctor that's for sure.

Are you still as nauseous today? Can you keep any food down, if so how much. Are you losing weight. When did this latest bout of nausea begin.

I've been holding for the past two months to stabilize tinnitus, but that would seem interminable if I was more symptomatic.

No nausea today but vistiril helps with that. I did have the ringing in my ears for about 2 hours when I got up. It stops when I take the Celexa. But starts again when I take the gabapentin at night. The trazadone lets me sleep through it for the most part.

Not a good beginning to the day again. I'm considering the .5 mgs again this morning. I really don't know what to do. I'm tired of being ill like this. I skipped the fish oil yeserday to see if there was any change in the tinnitus. As of now it's gone. I go to the Pain Clinic today. He's a good Doc. I can't help wondering if I went to 10 mgs all at once and took vistiril for a few days if the updose would work? Any ideas? Stomach in knots, anxious and alot of head stuff this morning.

• Moderator Emeritus

No advice flower, just sympathy. It's bloody hard isn't it?

You're sure right about that. It's all around the world I see from coming here. Trying to stabilize at 7mgs..Hope it works.Do any of us sleep?

Flower I found when I was on 40mgs. of Celexa it was too stimulating. I tried it during the day, and went back to taking it at night which is what I do. I have always taken my meds at nights and I guess my body is accustomed to that.

I agree with Alto, she pointed this out to me. It has been 44 days since you dropped the dose and are down to 7mgs.?

I am sensitive to supplements. This includes fish oil. Have you tried Magnesium. It does have a calming effect.

I had discovered while WDing Lexapro that there were drops/doses that were better tolerated than others. Maybe the 7mgs. is one of those doses.

I hope this spell passes soon and you can settle down a bit with the anxiety.

HUgs

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

• Moderator Emeritus

You're sure right about that. It's all around the world I see from coming here. Trying to stabilize at 7mgs..Hope it works.Do any of us sleep?

Flower, I just posted this link about sleep hygiene to another thread, but thought you might find it of help. Not everything is relevant when insomnia is caused by withdrawal, but a good deal is. See what you think. I'm sorry to hear sleep is so difficult.. no fun when you need all your resources to deal with withdrawal.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Flower,

There are a few people that sleep a lot but it seems a majority in WDs have trouble sleeping.

My sleep hasn't been the same since I CTd Risperdal last September. It has greatly improved though.

I'm hoping your day will get better.

Hugs,

Tezza

Flower I found when I was on 40mgs. of Celexa it was too stimulating. I tried it during the day, and went back to taking it at night which is what I do. I have always taken my meds at nights and I guess my body is accustomed to that.

I agree with Alto, she pointed this out to me. It has been 44 days since you dropped the dose and are down to 7mgs.?

I am sensitive to supplements. This includes fish oil. Have you tried Magnesium. It does have a calming effect.

I had discovered while WDing Lexapro that there were drops/doses that were better tolerated than others. Maybe the 7mgs. is one of those doses.

Thanks and me too...Off to the Doc.

• Administrator

As everyone knows here, I am not a doctor.

flower, I believe I told you several times if taking Celexa makes you feel worse, DO NOT INCREASE IT.

I also mentioned Celexa may be conflicting with trazodone's nasty metabolite mCPP (not gabapentin). I believe it was RebelMaven who had this problem.

Increasing Celexa will increase the problem with mCPP, which can cause many uncomfortable symptoms emerging when you take Celexa in the morning.

If I were you, I might REDUCE THE TRAZODONE slightly and see if the symptoms get better. If you're taking Vistaril to get some sleep, the trazodone isn't helping there anyway.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I will stick it out at 7mgs of Celexa. Sorry to be such a big baby. Should I use a nail file to cut Trazadone? I do think my other meds are working a little differently. I had the tinnitus this morning again, seems to ease up @ 5am. My pain Doc told me yesterday on Aug 27, I was on 12.5 mgs. I did rush it a bit. I sleep from 10 to 4 on the Trazadone. This is better than no sleep for sure. I still get so tired..

What were your symptoms on the fish oil? I would really like to take it.It helps with pain. Or the reduction in the Celexa helped with pain?

HUgs

Do you still take 40mgs of Celexa?

As everyone knows here, I am not a doctor.

flower, I believe I told you several times if taking Celexa makes you feel worse, DO NOT INCREASE IT.

I also mentioned Celexa may be conflicting with trazodone's nasty metabolite mCPP (not gabapentin). I believe it was RebelMaven who had this problem.

Increasing Celexa will increase the problem with mCPP, which can cause many uncomfortable symptoms emerging when you take Celexa in the morning.

If I were you, I might REDUCE THE TRAZODONE slightly and see if the symptoms get better. If you're taking Vistaril to get some sleep, the trazodone isn't helping there anyway.

Thanks Alto and I won't increase it. I'll ride this out.

How much mag. to start with? Would Epsom salts in a bath do the same thing? If so how often would you suggest?

Nikki I read your story this morning and I want you to now I appreciate your help and advice even though you're going through a rough time your self. I know how hard this is.I almost want to take it. I noticed in my notes it always took me 4 days to calm down after I updosed but I see no benefit to that. Trazadone and Imiprimine similar? This process is going to make me crazy.

Alot of head stuff this morning and anxiety. The muscles in my neck are sore. The back of my head hurts. I feel sunburnt. Tinnitus is gone for now.After seeing how others taper I could kick myself. I have no patience. I'm going to get busy and try to focus. My parrot needs me and my dog Weezie wants out. Thanks again. Will I really level out at 7mgs?