flower switched to liquid celexa

flower

Thanks Peggy..you're right about the desperation..I'll have to call Doc Monday because in order to drop .5 I'll have to go back to the liquid. I read alot of posts on another sight this morning dealing with Celexa withdrawal only. I was surprised about the vertigo being so severe.I never experienced that until this last time I cut the drug. I've tapered 2.5mgs a couple times. I've never been this low and stuck to it. It would be nice if the drug worked for me at this dose. Thanks again Peggy I hope we all have a better day.Also Peggy I didn't look at that increase as being 25%. I see what you mean. That Doctor of mine has no clue.

C/T Celexa and Trazadone on Jan.29th 2014
Prescribed 1mg of Klonopin every 6 hours on Jan.29th
Began tapering Klonopin April 18th..stretching time between doses...at first one hour for 2 weeks then a half hour for app.10 days then another half hour 10days later.
Presently at .25 three times a day..6 2 and 10pm. Trying to stabilize.
Also still taking gabapentin 300mgs 2xs a day..

Thing is flower, we are all different. I up dosed from 5mg to 10mg with no problem whatsoever. The problem might be the other meds you are taking along with the Celexa... I don't know.

If I were you, I'd try and stay at 10mg for a few more weeks. As you've already read, going up and down isn't helping you at all.

Charter Member 2011

• Administrator

flower, do your symptoms have any pattern, day to day?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I sat in a Diner yesterday afternoon thinking how beautiful the snow was..Then I caught myself smiling, I couldn't believe it. This lasted for a couple hours. I was thankful. I've become sleepy in the evening. I have to wake up to take a sleeping pill for gods sake. But I'm sleeping 7-8 hours! The panic upon waking is a little less. The anxiety is worse toward time to take the Celexa @8, still alot of vertigo. I did dump previous Celexa into the new script, they were 2 months old. When I saw Barb comment on this I realized maybe not a good thing. It's to late now. I won't do that again. I assumed they stayed good for a couple months. Nikki my heart breaks for you. I hope you feel better today. I help alot of elderly people,I need to get on my feet and well. Who sang that song" I am woman here me roar?" Boy oh boy this head stuff sucks. Alto I'm taking fish oil again. 2 Doctors and the Pharma. said they take it and the antinflammatory properties will help with pain. I shall see. Alot of people with the flu. Only 7 out of 22 students in my nephews class in school a few days back. My hubby works at school,he never gets sick..Lucky boy. Almost 2 feet of snow to shovel for the dog to pee. I'll like the exercise.

Began tapering Klonopin April 18th..stretching time between doses...at first one hour for 2 weeks then a half hour for app.10 days then another half hour 10days later.

Thing is flower, we are all different. I up dosed from 5mg to 10mg with no problem whatsoever. The problem might be the other meds you are taking along with the Celexa... I don't know.

If I were you, I'd try and stay at 10mg for a few more weeks. As you've already read, going up and down isn't helping you at all.

I'm going to no matter what.Feeling a bit better today too.

I pray you are right. I read Altos post this morning about how she thought having WD and shingles at the same time would be horrible..I was there in Nov. I believe all the stress from to fast of a taper brought it on. Now I can't get the vaccine for a few months. I've come a long way since then. The pressure in my head this morning is uncomfortable but taking the Celexa will ease it up for a while. After bragging about the hubby never being sick he came home yesterday and went to bed with the flu. The dog is sick, had to call the vet last night. Hubby fed her steak and now pancreatitis. Trying to be thankful today, half the Celexa in 2013...75mgs Trazadone instead of 100, no Ativan, no Tramadol, no Zoloft, no Vicodin, no alcohol. Cheers to becoming stable and not whining too much. Happy New Year all. I'm going to have a glass of wine today. And thanks so much for listening.

I think you're beginning to stabilize flower... enjoy the relief that brings. Continued better days.

Do you find 10mgs helps at all? It must take a long time for that reduced dose to spread out all day after a quick taper. Did that make sense to you?

flower, do your symptoms have any pattern, day to day?

Alto as the last few days have gone by I notice a little relief when I take the Celexa but not all day. Anxiety comes in the afternoon. I have a big issue adjusting to pain as I taper also..Tinnitus is still an issue . With so many changes who knows what's doing that. It's mostly at night and in the morning. That too goes away with the dose in the AM. My memory is soooo much better. I don't cry so often and my headaches have abated. I'm very interested in Mag. for Gabapentin WD. Does this really work?

Hi flower, did you updose the Celexa to help get rid of anxiety? If so, and you feel better, give yourself a good amount of time to relax a bit.

Anxiety is such a difficult part of this process.

Reading Healing's topic on Neuro-emotions helps.

Hugs

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

Yes I did. That seems to be my biggest issue. That and the vertigo. I have no choice but to give it time... I see 10mgs works for some. That would be great. I have had a different sound in my ears today. More of a buzzing sound, didn't last long but tinnitus sucks.

Hi flower, did you updose the Celexa to help get rid of anxiety? If so, and you feel better, give yourself a good amount of time to relax a bit.

Anxiety is such a difficult part of this process.

Reading Healing's topic on Neuro-emotions helps.

Hugs

Where do I find that?

Click on Symptoms and Self Care.....it is excellent and helps set me straight.

Anything to help anxiety :D

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

Hi Flower. I have been reading through your posts. I am also trying to stabilize on 10mg Celexa.

I see that you updosed to 10mg. I made a huge drop down to 10mg about 3 weeks ago, after having

some new symptoms I thought were side effects instead of withdrawal. Alto told you in one post

that you were in the position where you were having adverse effects from Celexa, and also having

withdrawal symptoms. I think that is exactly the position I'm in. It's so hard to tell if you

need to updose or drop your dose. I'm trying to hold at 10mg as long as I can. Good luck to you

on stabilizing at your current dose. I'll be keeping up with your progress. Hopefully this new

year will bring us great progress!

2006-Cymbalta 60mg for lyme disease2009-Quit Cymbalta c/tFeb. 2010-Reinstated 60mg CymMar.2010 to May.2012 tapered Cym to 36mgMay 2012-Crossed over to 30mg CelexaMay 2012-Oct.2013 Tapered Celexa down to 2.5mgOct.2013-Switched to 30 beads CymbaltaDec.4,2013-Stopped Cymbalta at 17 beads<p>Akathisia hit at 6 wks off and continuesNow taking melatonin when needed for sleep.

I think you're beginning to stabilize flower... enjoy the relief that brings. Continued better days.

Do you find 10mgs helps at all? ?

Yes... big difference from 5mg to 10mg. It seems you're feeling a little better.

Charter Member 2011

Lundeliz..As you saw in my posts I too was confused as what to do. My symptoms always kick in in about 3 weeks..That's why I always made a drop again.I thought it was time. I still don't know what to do. Thank you for the reply we will do this together. I will reply to you here unless they say to different. I'm still not sure how to do this. It's hard not to updose out of desperation. The vertigo and anxiety are unreal. I hope we stabilise, they say here we will if we are steadfast. No more updose for me..10mgs and holding. Some days so sick I don't give a s***.

Do you find 10mgs helps at all? ?

Yes... big difference from 5mg to 10mg. It seems you're feeling a little better.

Good morning Summer. I took vistaril yesterday. It helped with the tinnitus and head stuff,like pressure all the time. Hope for a better day. Everyone sick here.

tinnitus has eased this morning, so I can think. Not quite 2 weeks on 10mgs..Staying on this dose to the end of the month. If no positive note by then I will rethink everything. Surely I should notice something by then. I've been told SSRIs are not for me but I don't know what else to do but stay the course. Mornings are a bit easier I guess. I think I sound better? It gets tougher as the morning goes on. My dog got sent home from the vet yesterday with a bag of pills.. Figure that. I'm going to stick with the pepto-bismol for her. Thanks for the help everyone, I guess I'm just venting. There are alot of folks worse off than me here. At least I can get out and get out of bed..I hate this anxiety.

tinnitus has eased this morning, so I can think. Not quite 2 weeks on 10mgs..Staying on this dose to the end of the month. If no positive note by then I will rethink everything. Surely I should notice something by then. I've been told SSRIs are not for me but I don't know what else to do but stay the course. Mornings are a bit easier I guess. I think I sound better? It gets tougher as the morning goes on. My dog got sent home from the vet yesterday with a bag of pills.. Figure that. I'm going to stick with the pepto-bismol for her. Thanks for the help everyone, I guess I'm just venting. There are alot of folks worse off than me here. At least I can get out and get out of bed..I hate this anxiety.

Chatting with my Docs secretary yesterday,she told me her PC cut her Celexa from 20mgs to 10. I can't wait for this to unfold. Who knows maybe she'll be one of the lucky ones I hear so much about.

I took an Epsom salt bath that really slowed anxiety today. This stuff really works! How often can I do that? Every other day.

I had the best day yet yesterday. I don't know if it was the epsom salt bath or finally stabilizing..I didn't get a reply on if I could do this daily so I assume it's safe. Sorry guys about the desperation at times but this anxiety really kicks my butt. I hope I didn't offend anyone. It's curious how Celexa makes some sleepy. After I take it I get weepy and agitated for a bit. Went again for counseling. Lucky to have her. 10mgs and still holding. Hey Skyler I miss you giving me the dickens.

Anybody, I see in the warnings to report a troll. What is a troll?

• Administrator

A troll is someone who is posting but playing games, pretending to be someone he or she is not, and generally making trouble.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

A troll is someone who is posting but playing games, pretending to be someone he or she is not, and generally making trouble.

Thank you.

Alot of anxiety last night and this morning. No epsom salts today. Maybe a little goes a long way. I'm really hot when I wake up. The tinnitus is still an issue towards evening and in the morning. I'm having alot more pain and burning these last few days. Mainly behind my knees and my feet. Still holding at 10mgs.

Hi Flower--Yes a little goes a long way. I have a friend you basicly ODed on Epsom Salts. She was using 2 cups a day in a bath and after a week was a real mess. She then cut down to one cup every other day and things settled down and it ended up really helping her. Hope this helps.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

Hi Flower--Yes a little goes a long way. I have a friend you basicly ODed on Epsom Salts. She was using 2 cups a day in a bath and after a week was a real mess. She then cut down to one cup every other day and things settled down and it ended up really helping her. Hope this helps.

Thank you so much. I thought I was going nutz!I feel a little better this morning. I didn't measure it either. Just dumped it in the bath.I will be more careful.

Already getting dizzy this morning. Sleeping 5-6 hours with the help of Trazadone though. Sick to my stomach this morning. Tinnitus still an issue .Mainly in the evening and morning. I think I could go back to sleep if it would just ease up. This is the main reason I've been playing around with the fish oil,to see if there's any improvement. I am taking one instead of two for a few days. I also have some warm sensations that I heard of from so many here. All over. Still at 10mgs since Dec 21st. Anxiety is worse after the Celexa for about 3 hours. It's amazing what this stuff does to me. I'm worried about the outcome if this doesn't ease up. Dropping the 10mgs or staying sick like this while tapering. What would be worse. Just thinking out loud. These symptoms escalate toward time to take the Celexa.

Yesterday out of desperation I did something stupid. I took 100mgs of gabapentin in the afternoon to see if it would help me. I know I shouldn't do this but this WD just won't stop. It did help. I slept and the headstuff was actually at a level I could tolerate last night. I feel odd but calm this morning. There has to be a better way.I will read more about magnesium. Doc mentioned switching to lexapro to see if symptoms would ease and then tapering from there. Any comments would be appreciated before my next visit. Is Lexapro harder to taper?

Gee, the Drs secretary called this morning to see how I was and to be sure I was still taking 10mgs of Celexa. That was thoughtful!

• Administrator

Lexapro is every bit as difficult, if not more difficult, to taper as Celexa.

That would be jumping from one frying pan to another, with the possibility of injury from the jump as well.

thanks for that bit of info..I had a better afternoon yesterday than in a while although it gets a little rough towards pill time. Assuming it's that I'm low on Celexa. I've not had to take an antihistamines in a while. Hope towards the end of the month I have a grip on this. I will never taper so fast again..I heard on TV this morning diet soda causes depression? I drink 2 a day..sometimes 3.

• Administrator

I would definitely stop drinking diet soda. The artificial flavorings can cause strange reactions.

Alto I see Diet Coke has a new one sweetened with splenda..Do you think this would be a better option? I had a much better afternoon yesterday. But mornings are so hard. Pressure behind my ears,tinnitus. Anxiety at a minimum ,probably with help from Trazadone. I'll get ramped up when I take the Celexa.Yeah! I clean alot.

Regarding tinnitus, I do want to say that I started experiencing tinnitus when I was ONLY on trazodone about four months after starting it. I had been off off citalopram for almost a year when it started. I think it was the trazodone that gave me the tinnitus and also was causing me left eye to twitch and gave me ulnar nerve pain in my left hand. I am down to 12.5 mg now and I hope to taper further once I stabilize now that I have reinstated citalopram.

On 20 mg Celexa for 7 years for insomnia and GAD

Tapered from 20 mg to 0 from Aug 2011 to Dec 2nd 2011

Used Xanax intermittently over the past 7 years, and through WD.

Started 50 mgs Trazodone in June but am starting to taper off due to bad eye twitching, suspected Trazodone is the cause. Went to 25 mg in October and then 12.5 in December and then 0mg on Dec 20th.

Reinstated citalopram at 10 mgs on Nov 26th, then up to 20 mgs on Dec 3rd. Started kindling reaction on Dec 10th. Decided a very quick taper to 10 mgs for a 2 days and then 5mgs for a 2 more. Holding at 2.5 mg and beginning to stabilize. Reinstated trazodone to 12.5 mgs.

Thanks alot for the input..I didn't think it was the Trazadone because I've been on it so long with no problems. The trouble began after dropping the dose of Celexa . How has your taper of Trazadone gone for you. Do you cut the pill? I would like to drop a little when I stabilise. The days are getting better slowly..A few others here have contacted me with tinnitus after tapering Celexa also. Hard to tell though. I hope it passes. I had that twitching in my left eye when I was taking Zoloft. It quit when I went to Celexa.