flower switched to liquid celexa

flower

Hi Flower,

I'm experiencing the tinnitis myself, you sound more cheerful. Sounds wonderful.

Hope the new year brings you good luck.

See Ya.

Felt a little crappy last night so I slept most of it..I had an extra cup of coffee and used Lysol to scrub with no gloves on,I have to stop that. Hey Aza,,do you think the decaf is a good thing?

C/T Celexa and Trazadone on Jan.29th 2014
Prescribed 1mg of Klonopin every 6 hours on Jan.29th
Began tapering Klonopin April 18th..stretching time between doses...at first one hour for 2 weeks then a half hour for app.10 days then another half hour 10days later.
Presently at .25 three times a day..6 2 and 10pm. Trying to stabilize.
Also still taking gabapentin 300mgs 2xs a day..

Hi Flower, I looked for your introduction thread so I could follow your progress too. Just wanted to send you lots of good wishes and luck. It sounds like you are feeling better recently--am happy to see that. Also, how beautiful that you live in a place where there are foxes and deer. I bet being outside will help you when it gets warmer--for me, nature is very healing.

Sunita

I started taking Celexa in 2007 for anxiety, depression and PTSD. I started at 10mg and eventually increased to 40mg. I am currently tapering off Celexa. 1/22, 40 to 30mg. 1/29, 30 to 20mg. 2/5, 20 to 10mg. 2/19 to 5mg. 2/26 stopped taking.

Felt a little crappy last night so I slept most of it..I had an extra cup of coffee and used Lysol to scrub with no gloves on,I have to stop that. Hey Aza,,do you think the decaf is a good thing?

If the coffee doesn't make you feel worse then yes I think it's good.

Like anything else you try go slow untill you know how it's going to effect you.

Aza , decaf doesn't seem to bother me but I wish I could take fish oil..Sunita,,hang in there, this process is so hard. I still have rough days. I guess I should stay put and be patient. That's easier said. I hate this tinnitus..Geez I hope it doesn't get worse.

Began tapering Klonopin April 18th..stretching time between doses...at first one hour for 2 weeks then a half hour for app.10 days then another half hour 10days later.

• Moderator Emeritus

I hate this tinnitus..Geez I hope it doesn't get worse.

Hi Flower.. has your tinnitus gotten better with the hold? I got the kinks out of my taper (sigh.. I'm still finding some, but not so many!), and I've improved with each 'removal'.

Hang in there... it really will get better!!!

As always, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! A proud supporter of the 10% (or slower) rule.

Requip - 3/16 ZERO  Total time on 25 years.

Lyrica: 8/15 ZERO Total time on 7 or 8 yrs.

BENZO FREE 10/13 (started tapering 7/10)  Total time on 25 years.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

Skyler the tinnitus is the same...I have it mostly when I wake up. I'm having sleep issues but I'm also struggling with taking fish oil. I want it to work for pain..It seems to make me anxious. Maybe I'll try every other day. I really need some peace right now although I'm better than I was. I don't know if I should hold longer or begin again? I have this crazy pressure behind my ears too. Mostly in the morning. Great to hear you are doing better..I like to see improvement.

Flower there was a time when I could take all the supplements in the Health Food Store and feel fine.

After taking AD's (particularly ssri's) that is no longer the case. Fish oil which is so good for us and flaxseed oil which is excellent for breast health bug me. Vivid dreams and yes anxiousness.

I purchased supplements in January due to the Flu. I can tolerate Vit C, Probiotics and the Green Vibrance. B's are too stimulating. Taking melatonin is like taking LSD.

Magnesium is okay. Magnesium/calcium liquid helped stop anxiety when I was getting off Lexapro.

Hugs

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

I think I'm having issues with stopping Diet Soda at the beginning of the month. Aspartame does have it's evils from what I read it can take some time to resolve. Maybe Gia will check it out..She's a good detective.

• Moderator Emeritus

Flower I think I would love to do that bike ride you described, sounds lovley, I've just now cycled in the cold here in the UK and was confronted with a freezing flood I'd forgotten about!

Great you had that makeover and spoiled yourself, definately a confidence boost isn't it?

*** Please note this is not medical advice,discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner***

http://prozacwithdrawal.blogspot.com/
Original drug was sertraline/Zoloft, switched to Prozac in 2007.
Tapering from 5mls liquid prozac since Feb 2008, got down to 0.85ml 23/09/2012, reinstated back to 1ml(4mg) 07/11/2012, didn't appear to work, upped to 1.05ml 17/11/2012, back down to 1ml 12/12/2012 didn't work, up to 1.30ml 16/3/2013 didn't work, bumped up to 2ml (8mg) 4/4/2013 didn't work, in July 2013 I reinstated Sertraline (Zoloft) 50mg, feeling better now. 

A few months down the line I switched to 5ml liquid Prozac and tapered down to a compromise dose of 3ml liquid Prozac and have stayed there ever since, no withdrawals and no emotional blunting/loss of libido.

• Moderator Emeritus

Skyler the tinnitus is the same...I have it mostly when I wake up. I'm having sleep issues but I'm also struggling with taking fish oil. I want it to work for pain..It seems to make me anxious. Maybe I'll try every other day. I really need some peace right now although I'm better than I was. I don't know if I should hold longer or begin again? I have this crazy pressure behind my ears too. Mostly in the morning. Great to hear you are doing better..I like to see improvement.

I held for 2 to 3 months before there was limited improvement. Then, a couple of weeks back Alto nailed it when she said the drug solutions were degrading because they were kept too long.. This mistake was causing a cyclical up and down dose every 5 days, so I started making smaller amounts. Finally I'm having some peace.

You never know what will break the cycle, but unfortunately, trying to taper when WD is still active is not a pleasant business. My advice is to hold tight and wait for the cacophony to wane. When I pushed, the bells and whistles just got louder and louder anddd LOUDER!

I think I'm having issues with stopping Diet Soda at the beginning of the month. Aspartame does have it's evils from what I read it can take some time to resolve. Maybe Gia will check it out..She's a good detective.

Flower, did I read you are having restless legs? Artificial sweeteners like splenda and aspertane will cause these when people are not in WD. They made my RLS worse, so I stopped drinking or using anything with artificial sweeteners.. fyi.. stevia does not have the same effect.

:D Bicycles are good!

Skyler

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

Skyler I read about stevia..I will look for it. I really think some of my issues right now are from no diet coke. I almost had one yesterday to see if it helped but I decided to weather this. I really ache..I find the anxiety gets bad at the time I would meet the hubby after work and drink 2 or 3 diet sodas.I've been drinking them for years. I notice my skin is healthier..hopefully my hair will benefit also. I've lost alot of hair during this process. Yes I will wait a while longer. I hope this aching eases. 2 weeks no Coke. I also think I have some interdose WD fom Gabapentin. I take it twice a day. 8:30 and 10pm. I read it should every 12 hours at least. I sleep better if I take it with the Trazadone.

• Moderator Emeritus

Skyler I read about stevia..I will look for it. I really think some of my issues right now are from no diet coke. I almost had one yesterday to see if it helped but I decided to weather this. I really ache..I find the anxiety gets bad at the time I would meet the hubby after work and drink 2 or 3 diet sodas.I've been drinking them for years. I notice my skin is healthier..hopefully my hair will benefit also. I've lost alot of hair during this process. Yes I will wait a while longer. I hope this aching eases. 2 weeks no Coke.

Diet coke .. maybe you are missing the caffeine? This would give you WD symptoms. I would have gradually weaned off over 2 or 3 weeks to avoid this possibility. Diet coke also comes without caffeine.. so it would be good to specify if you were drinking this. Of note, caffeine is found in other types of soda, orange, etc. so it's good to check.

I believe it's the aspartame causing me issues not so much caffeine.

• Moderator Emeritus

I believe it's the aspartame causing me issues not so much caffeine.

Yea, the side effect profile is pretty bad. See.. I just would not have thought this caused WD symptoms, but given the adverse effects.. the stuff is really bad news.

I drank 2 diet cokes yesterday and there was definitely a difference in anxiety and pain. I did not ache so bad this morning ..I guess I'll have to make another plan to give up aspartame..I'm sure this stuff messes with sleep. I haven't felt so crappy in a while. I think I will have 1 diet coke a day for a bit..If it's not one thing it's another. I read an article about all the diet soda sent to our troops by the pallet. There is thought be a relation to PTSS..I sure wish the US would pay more attention,,Other counrtries have stopped the use of aspartame because of the links to various disease..Parkinsons and such. Today I don't feel good.

Skyler..I emailed Shanti about Stramonium..Is this something worth looking into? Sounds like it would really help WD if there's no issue stopping after a short while. I'll look in the other section to see any info..

• Moderator Emeritus

I think I will have 1 diet coke a day for a bit..If it's not one thing it's another.

Sounds like a plan. Just curious, on average how many cabs were you drinking a day before you tried to quit?

Skyler..I emailed Shanti about Stramonium..Is this something worth looking into? Sounds like it would really help WD if there's no issue stopping after a short while. I'll look in the other section to see any info..

This is an Alto question, and this said, you need to continue your hold. It must seem like a long time since you updosed to 10 mgs. on Dec. 21st. You may need 3 months or so to feel like your old self. You reported improvements, so are moving in the right direction. Holding has not been easy, and congrats on sticking with this!

I think I will have 1 diet coke a day for a bit..If it's not one thing it's another.

Sounds like a plan. Just curious, on average how many cabs were you drinking a day before you tried to quit?

This is an Alto question, and this said, you need to continue your hold. It must seem like a long time since you updosed to 10 mgs. on Dec. 21st. You may need 3 months or so to feel like your old self. You reported improvements, so are moving in the right direction. Holding has not been easy, and congrats on sticking with this!

I quit alcohol in Aug and have been drinking 3 sometimes 4 cans a day since but I drank at least one can a day since I can remember.I never gave aspartame a thought until a friendsent me the info on FB..Then I read and couldn't believe it. I've had these bizarre aches that really became intense over this last couple weeks. Almost like a bone ache..

Hi Flower,

You have lots of will power to have left off the drinks you enjoy so much. That says to me that you are a very strong person and you are going to be even stronger after this WD journey. Feel better soon! ;)

You are a treat Tezza..thank you for the kind words.I need a boost.

• Moderator Emeritus

I quit alcohol in Aug and have been drinking 3 sometimes 4 cans a day since but I drank at least one can a day since I can remember.I never gave aspartame a thought until a friendsent me the info on FB..Then I read and couldn't believe it. I've had these bizarre aches that really became intense over this last couple weeks. Almost like a bone ache..

Hmmm, seems like you need to get clear of that stuff before you taper further. Do you think you need to visit Google for more info. Or if you are doing well on 1 can a day, leave it there for a couple of weeks, next go to 1/2 can for another 1 or 2 weeks. THEN revisit your Celexa taper. :) You might even feel ready at that point. Oh yeahhhh!

The articles I read about aspartame reported side effects to the point several doctors diagnosed MS...Luckily a smart lady stopped soda and improved quickly..I think I will have 1 a day for a bit like you said...I also threw away all those pills in the drawer..8 different bottles. I still have the klonipin but haven't taken any..Believe me I wanted to. I read the stuff works on dopamine???Who knows?

• Moderator Emeritus

I also threw away all those pills in the drawer..8 different bottles. I still have the klonipin but haven't taken any..Believe me I wanted to. I read the stuff works on dopamine???Who knows?

Eeek, I didn't know about those... guess you posted that awhile back.. Glad to hear you are staying away from klonopin. You don't need to complicate your taper further, and yes dopamine and GABA. Like all benzos, klonopin has it's own taper profile.. just as demanding as ADs in many cases.

Y'ur doin' good Flower, I'm impressed!!!!Posted Image

Tinnitus is lingering this morning..Is this a relation to Diet Coke? I'm no longer sleepy in the evening. Where did that go? I was enjoying the extra sleep. Still pressure behind my ears.. I will stay at 1 soda a day for a little while. I had a good evening yesterday..I'm having more anxiety in the morning than in the past..8 weeks and holding. I will be googling aspartame today.

I've been looking at aspartame poisoning..I had no idea. I've been drinking diet soda for 30 years daily..How much of all this crap could be due to Diet Coke? I know I've had none til yesterday for 2 weeks. The anxiety was increasing ,sleep is not good, the tinnitus won't stop this morning and that has never happened..It always stopped within an hour of waking up. I couldn't believe what I read. I have to deal with this before I taper again. I've has so much joint pain. My feet were really cranky and the diet coke did help that too. I wonder how long this will go on? I have to make another plan. Skyler did you see all that on aspartame poisoning? No more gum either. How many of us women drink this stuff to keep our weight down?

Flower I too need to get off Splenda.

My mother was saying it can cause depression and bad dreams. I have cut down, now I need to eliminate it totally.

Hugs

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

I had to get off coffee...in the end I reduced by just 1/4 cup per day ... For what it's worth. Best, Meimeiquest

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Zyprexa started about 9/06, mostly 5mg. Tapered 4/12 through12/29/12

Wellbutrin. XL 300 mg started 1/07, tapered 1/18/13 through 7/8/13

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

7.4.14 Started Walsh Protocol

56 years old

Thanks for the info..I had a diet coke yesterday and got really dizzy..The tinntus was different also..More high pitched..The aching in my upper legs woke me up early..Hope this doesn't go on long I was hoping to switch to liquid next week and begin to taper .5 mgs..Do you think 8 weeks is long enough to hold? I hate this head crap in the morning.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Flower,

Eight weeks is a good hold but only you can determine if its time for a change, based on how you are doing. After you rate your symptoms, if you are still unsure but think it would be okay, taper very conservatively.

You do seem to have improved a lot and I'm happy for you! :D

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for the info..I had a diet coke yesterday and got really dizzy..The tinntus was different also..More high pitched..The aching in my upper legs woke me up early..Hope this doesn't go on long I was hoping to switch to liquid next week and begin to taper .5 mgs..Do you think 8 weeks is long enough to hold? I hate this head crap in the morning.

Hi Flower, I Googled aspartame yesterday and found a lot of references to resulting tinnitus. I did link any as they were all anecdotal.. but where there 'is smoke'... Your tinnitus was probably set off by the AD reduction, with the aspartame kicking in as a compounding variable. I think you found NAISDS and aspirin had a bad effect.

Unfortunately, aspartame may have prolonged the time you need to hold. This is kind of what happened to me, I too had an independent variable (in my case the med suspension degraded because I kept it too long) that kept tinnitus going for longer than one would have thought given the hold time. I'm at 4.5 months and may need to go 4 weeks longer thanks to my own stubbornness and idiocy (I've castigated myself over this, can you tell?). I wanna get a move on, but dislike tinnitus more.

My advice is, as long as the tinnitus is getting weaker, let it continue to fade. The alternative is to taper with the cacophony and this would not be my choice.

• Administrator

flower, you've only started to stabilize, this may not be the time to reduce.

I agree with Skyler. You're probably harming yourself by drinking any diet soda at all. You should probably cut all kinds of artificial flavorings out of your diet and avoid junk food altogether.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Moderator Emeritus

i would like to jump in and agree with the holders! - make sure you really solidify all improvements before starting again - after a really wobbly time i like to hold until i feel like the sun has been shining all day every day for at least a month - preferably two.

Started in 2000 - On 150mg most of the time, (but up to 225mg at highest dose for 6 months in the beginning)
Reduced off easily first time - but got depressed (not too much anxiety) 6 months later
Back on effexor for another 9 months.
Reduced off again with no immediate w/d - suddenly got depressed and anxious ++ again 3 or 4 months later.
Back on effexor - this time for 3 years
Reduced off over a month - 6 weeks later terrible anxiety - back on.
Rinse and repeat 4 more times - each time the period before the anxiety comes back got shorter and shorter
Jan - July 2012 75mg down to 37.5mg;, 8/3/12 - 35mg. 8/25/12 - 32mg. 9/11- 28mg, 10/2 - 25mg, 10/29 - 22mg, 11/19 - 19.8mg; 12/11 - 17m,
1/1- 15.5mg; 1/22 -14mg, 2/7 14.9mg, 2/18 - 17.8mg - crashed big time: back to 75mg where i sat for 2 years....

4th  March 2015 - 67.5mg;   31st March - 60mg;  24th April - 53mg; 13th May - 48mg; 26th May - 45mg;  9th June - 41mg; 1 July- 37.5mg; 20 July - 34mg; 11 August - 31mg; 1st Sept - 28mg;  1st Dec - 25.8mg;  28th Dec - 23.2mg; 23rd Jan-21.9mg; Feb 7th- 21mg; March 1st - 20.1mg, March 30th - 18mg

• Moderator Emeritus

You're probably harming yourself by drinking any diet soda at all.

And your teeth will thank you as well... one of the worst things around for teeth is diet cola... it's corrosive beyond what you would think, and the sweetener makes it all the more toxic to those poor pearly whites.

LOL, you crying uncle yet?