flower switched to liquid celexa

flower

thank you guys so much I'm so ill my stomach hurts..This stuff is bad ,its been 5 days .Does it take that long to go away? Cipro never again. Dr Betty Martini emailed me about aspartame. She said most of the life threatening symptoms abate around 60days...Great. Why all at once? Please keep me in your thoughts. My sister told me yesterday that God wouldn't give me more than I can handle?????

C/T Celexa and Trazadone on Jan.29th 2014
Prescribed 1mg of Klonopin every 6 hours on Jan.29th
Began tapering Klonopin April 18th..stretching time between doses...at first one hour for 2 weeks then a half hour for app.10 days then another half hour 10days later.
Presently at .25 three times a day..6 2 and 10pm. Trying to stabilize.
Also still taking gabapentin 300mgs 2xs a day..

My Doc called yesterday to tell me I've had an allergic reaction to Cipro. Get Malanta.. I went to the pharmacy,they said all the good bacteria in my gut has been killed off,to get a probiotic. It can take a couple days. I want to go to the ER but will try to wait.This is awful.

Began tapering Klonopin April 18th..stretching time between doses...at first one hour for 2 weeks then a half hour for app.10 days then another half hour 10days later.

Hi flower im so sorry your feeling so bad, and I understand, I OFTEN think about how peaceful it would be to die, its so sad

what dose of celexa are you on now? have you stabalised? and what is your plan from here/

damaged by citalopram - severe suffering for 3 years now...no improvement

akathsiia, pgad, dp/dr, terror, and so SO many more daily

severly disabled and lost everything

Thank you Iggy...Tezza...I went to the ER they did a CAT scan of my gut,said my pancreas had a haze around it. Pancreatitis...And said Cipro side effects take time to go away..This stuff made a mess of me. I'm listed as having an allergic reaction to Cipro but it's kind of late. I'll be back when I feel better.

Iggy, when I get better from aspartame WD, pancreatitis and 4 months stabilizing on 10mgs of Celexa I will reevaluate the situation. Right now I can hardly eat or walk. They told me at the Doctors office my med list was small..If they only knew what I've gone through to get it "small"

Doc ordered a look at my gall bladder. I still have not been able to eat. Hope this shows something..

Alto ,do you think the celexa could be causing me problems at this point? 4 months stabilizing.. Maybe this is as good as it gets? Could this dose of 10mgs even be therapeutic. I would give anything to take these meds and feel good,just once.

OMG Flower I haven't been on the site for a few days I have been quite ill and I am taking Cipro. Out paths cross again. With Celexa and now Cipro.

You poor kid, you have been thru the ringer lately.

I have noticed since being on AD's that The Cipro type meds don't mix well with AD's while on them and particularly while tapering. That has been my experience. If I am not in a taper I can tolerate Cipro, etc.

You are in a taper, from Celexa and Aspartame. The side effects have always gone away for me.

Can you flush your system with lots of water?

And yes I have started back on Probiotics which I find very helpful. I can tell that their is a difference. Do you have a yeast infection?

Yes, I am allergic to Levaquin (Cipro's cousin). Many people do. You are not alone.

You have several things going on as I mentioned.

Many years ago I had an allergic reaction to erythromyacin (hives, etc.) I flushed my system with lots of water and I took a tablespoon of raw bran. It worked.

Alto talks about systems being sensitized and I believe this to be true.

You had a UTI. Your body is fighting an infection. You are fighting a taper, you have aspartame wd and now you had a reaction to Cipro. Alot on your system right now.

Hang in there

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

Thanks for the input Nikki...Cipro made me very ill. Severe allergic reaction they called it. Again the Docs nurse said "It's out of you system by now." I'm soooo sick of hearing that. The ER nurse said it takes some time. So far no yeast. Went to local health food store got probiotic. They said once opened they have to be in the fridge. Do they cause any anxiety? Guess I'll find out. I am still sick to my gut. The scan showed normal gall bladder. I have so many crazy symptoms from the Cipro. Good Luck with that. A Dr Betty Martini emailed me to say the life threatening effects from aspartame will last up to 2 months or longer..Yay. I can honestly say I felt better drinking pop. Let me know how you get along with the Cipro . We are all on the same boat. What was the allery like you mentioned ,to the antibiotic...Did it last long? It's been 2 weeks for me.

Aww, sweet flower, I sm sorry you are still going through a rough time ..:(

I wish all would get better for you ..I do think about you, and have not forgotten you ..

You are in my prayers ..

I noticed that you are trying probiotics ..Oh boy, I tried them too, and they made my head

symptoms so bad...I could not understand why ..

Hang in there flower ..we have to keep walking ..The day will come for us too, like so many

before us, when we will heal ..

Stay strong ..xx

Lexicon

Hello,
I am tapering Lorazepam, and my daily dose is 1.125 mgs.

I followed a long hold for 5 months, ( Nov-March 2019) hoping to find some stability, 

but it did not work. So I resumed my taper and hold pattern.
For the last 3 years, I have been using a daily microtaper, cutting .001mgs per day, with holds as needed.
Symptoms are head pressure, labored breathing, palpitations, abrupt surges of dizziness, this being my worst symptom for now, internal tremors, my latest nemesis, unsteadiness, anxiety, plus many other symptoms that cycle in, and cycle out consistently. Not a day passes, without grief :(

I take no other meds.

January 2013 - 15 day quick taper off 10 mgs of Lexapro, and 25 mgs of Sertraline,

at a detox clinic.

Yes Lexi I think you are right about the probiotics..They mess with me too but I had to try. The Pharmacy substituted my gabapentin and didn't mention it. I don't think that helped..They know I'm sensitive to change in that med. They ran out??? I didn't notice until I got a look at both capsules at once. I wonder if there are better quality meds from one manufacturer to the next or from different pharmacys. I'll have to stick to one brand. Also I notice my sleep is different when I take the probiotic.

Nikki I hope you feel better.

Flower

The probiotics are good for me, but as learn from one another here, what works for one member may be difficult for another.

Cipro and Levaquin, yes people have reactions to them. This is common.

I am feeling better and my voice has returned, not completely but each day gets better.

FYI...Cipro gives me the Neuro-emotion garbage. Anxiety and ready to cry. a long time back my BFF told me that she noticed when I take Cipro during a taper, I get bad anxiety.

I don't feel right from it and I am not tapering.

When the pharmacy changes manufacturer's there is a difference. It is not you. It's the change/drug.

Please drink alot of fluids, be gentle with yourself and remember there are a few things going on here. Each day you are getting closer to feeling better.

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Aww, sweet flower, I sm sorry you are still going through a rough time ..:(

I wish all would get better for you ..I do think about you, and have not forgotten you ..

You are in my prayers ..

I noticed that you are trying probiotics ..Oh boy, I tried them too, and they made my head

symptoms so bad...I could not understand why ..

Hang in there flower ..we have to keep walking ..The day will come for us too, like so many

before us, when we will heal ..

Stay strong ..xx

Lexicon

2003 - Sept. 2010 Effexor 150mg Fast taper off

April 2011 Massive panic attack, did not relate it to Effexor w/ds

April 2011 - May 2012 Benzodiazapines (Xanax 2mg then Valium 22mg - 2mg)for panic attack. 14 months of benzo withdrawals

April 2011 - October 2012 Effexor 150mg - fast taper off

January 2013 Due to panic feelings (Effexor w/d I now believe) and insomnia, 15mg Mirtazapine prescribed

April 2013 C/T Mirtazapine because of adverse reaction of high anxiety

April 2013 Reinstated 7.5mg - adverse reaction of high blood pressure and palpitations

May 2013 Reduced dose to 6.5mg - trying to stabilise

thinking of you flower,

i hope the probiotics are actually helping and not making your symptoms worse...

have been on various antidepressants (many SSRIs, SNRI, MAOIs) for chronic fatigue syndrome for more than 17 years, was on zoloft 100mg for the last 2-3 years, tapered over 2.5 months, ending october 24 2012.
reinstating AD:
march 28: started on 25mg co-sertraline, took it for 2 days
april 1: 12.5mg ONLY FOR ONE DAY- STOPPED taking meds
april 9: started on 2.5mg co-sertraline
april 17: increased to 5 mg

I stopped the probiotic until I get this new gabapentin under control. It sure is different. The ear pressure is less.I'm more tired.The anxiety is not as bad, adrenaline rushes and heat are less. My gut is much better. I read the side effects and was surprised..I'm having trouble with my vision immediately when I take the new gaba and I get real dizzy. I hope some of this passes soon. I hate to hear myself say that. "I hope it passes." I use to be normal. The back of my neck is burning and gets numb. Just another side effect?

Thanks guys for the input. I know someone is listening,it makes a difference. I hate to bring this up to my husband all the time. I try to keep the whining to a minimum. Thanks again.

I will NEVER take cipro again.

thinking of you flower,

i hope the probiotics are actually helping and not making your symptoms worse...

Abir you are in my thoughts also..I hope we both have a better day.

Flower

The probiotics are good for me, but as learn from one another here, what works for one member may be difficult for another.

Cipro and Levaquin, yes people have reactions to them. This is common.

I am feeling better and my voice has returned, not completely but each day gets better.

FYI...Cipro gives me the Neuro-emotion garbage. Anxiety and ready to cry. a long time back my BFF told me that she noticed when I take Cipro during a taper, I get bad anxiety.

I don't feel right from it and I am not tapering.

When the pharmacy changes manufacturer's there is a difference. It is not you. It's the change/drug.

Please drink alot of fluids, be gentle with yourself and remember there are a few things going on here. Each day you are getting closer to feeling better.

Stay well ladybug..The Cipro sure was devastating to me. Only to find out the gabapentin was changed too.When will we get a break.

so great that some of your symptoms finally got better... i hope this lasts and only gets better..

Abir

have been on various antidepressants (many SSRIs, SNRI, MAOIs) for chronic fatigue syndrome for more than 17 years, was on zoloft 100mg for the last 2-3 years, tapered over 2.5 months, ending october 24 2012.
reinstating AD:

I started a new brand of gabapentin and the improvement has been fast coming...The pressure behind my ears is almost gone,the pain in my neck and back is much less. I'm having normal hours now...The thing is the new brand doesn't help with pain as well..I'm assuming the other was much stronger? It's only been a couple days, the pharma..gave me 20 capsules to try..I will try to get a few more.Maybe it will improve with a little more time. The new brand is Actavis....The old one is Amneal ..I wonder who makes the highest quality drugs without so many fillers. I sure hope this lasts, I could use some happy time and rest...

Nikki how are you?

Lexi I hope you are enjoying some sunshine..

so great that some of your symptoms finally got better... i hope this lasts and only gets better..

Abir

Abir are you having any improvement? I hope you find some peace today..

yes, I think I am a little better.......

and I think that the amoxicillin did make my sleep and anxiety worse...I thought it was harmless at the beginning, but 3 or 4 days after starting it, my sleep and anxiety got worse... they improved 3 or 4 days after stopping it..... I need to check if my UTI is gone (still having symptoms) and i pray that i won't have to take antibiotics again...

I also took probiotics for 4 days ( the same one I used to take sometimes, before I stopped AD) but I started getting stomach ache and abdominal pressure, could not stand up or sit up...etc...so I stopped taking them ...

Soooo glad that you continue to feel better :)

reinstating AD:

I'm happy for you Abir..Now stay put a while and the days will get better..Once I get use to this other brand of Gaba I think I will have less trouble.I so want to get on with the taper of the Celexa..I didn't realize gabapentin could be so devastating in such a small amount. I refuse to take anymore of it..My husband and my therapist want me to change Primary care Doc..I know I need to but I can't make myself do it. Why does that scare me so??My Psych Doc mentioned it also. They've told me a couple times they couldn't help me. When I asked to be referred to a gut Doc over the Cipro, his nurse said 'Is the pain really that bad?" I have good insurance I don't know why they just don't refer me..They refused to recognize WD ...They believe once the drug is out of you system the WD is over..We know better. The sad thing is this Doctor is medical director at the local home for the elderly. The same Doctor who had an end of life talk with my mother. ..I'll never forget it. He called me at home to tell me he did this. Is this something they do? This is also the one who took my moms oxycodone CT.. I guess I'm trying to convince myself....sorry about going on.

Thank you flower, yes things seem to be getting better now...

i have to start taking antibiotics again today (the amoxicillin I took a couple of weeks ago, did not cure my UTI).. so i am expecting that this antibiotic will also make my symptoms worse - just like amoxicillin did... but the good thing is that things go back to normal 3 days after stopping the antibiotics...

yes, we are so sensitives to any medications now... if antibiotics have such a big effects on us (and they don't act on the brain directly), no wonder gabapentin was so devastating to you...

I hope you will get used to this new one quickly, and you feel a significant relief...

about your doctor: doctors can be so cruel, can't they.... of course you are scared of taking that step, the most common and powerful symptom that comes with our brain being so unstable is anxiety... of course you are scared from change... but what can you loose if you did? it is not like he is being helpful now...

reinstating AD:

Abir..I'm glad to hear some good news...It's been a week now on the new gabapentin and the side effects are coming to light..Although alot has eased some other symptoms come into play.I need to stick to this actavis brand for a few weeks. The ear pressure is less..I'm having more pain, I hope this eases or I will go back to the other brand and try to settle in..At least I know what it is and I do have a few options. This drug is alot more potent than I have realized. I'm glad I never increased the dose. I wonder how many times the pharmacy has changed the gabapentin and never said anything. I recognize so many symptoms..Especially the burning pain in my neck and shoulders..This has almost gone. Tolerating side effects will not be easy for me.I'm such a baby.

you are not a baby.. we are all so exhausted from dealing with this and desperately waiting for all our symptoms to go away that it makes it so hard when we get new ones....

but you seem to be doing ok now... i hope this continues..

reinstating AD:

And me too, sweet flower, I pray that your symptoms will improve, and you will feel much better ..

I am saddened that you have to go through all this pain ..

I am thinking of you ..

Sending you healing thoughts, and much love...xx

Lexi

Hello,
I am tapering Lorazepam, and my daily dose is 1.125 mgs.

I followed a long hold for 5 months, ( Nov-March 2019) hoping to find some stability, 

but it did not work. So I resumed my taper and hold pattern.
For the last 3 years, I have been using a daily microtaper, cutting .001mgs per day, with holds as needed.
Symptoms are head pressure, labored breathing, palpitations, abrupt surges of dizziness, this being my worst symptom for now, internal tremors, my latest nemesis, unsteadiness, anxiety, plus many other symptoms that cycle in, and cycle out consistently. Not a day passes, without grief :(

I take no other meds.

January 2013 - 15 day quick taper off 10 mgs of Lexapro, and 25 mgs of Sertraline,

at a detox clinic.

Abir amoxicillian is not used for UTI's. Doctor should have known that.

What are you taking now? UTI's are a colossal nuisance. I have had my share of them.

Flower...different companies really do make a difference for folks like us on AD's.

Glad you are feeling better ;)

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

• Moderator Emeritus

Thinking of you Flower xx

July 2001 prescribed 20mg citalopram for depression;
On and off meds from 2003-2006.
February 2006 back on 20mg citalopram and stayed on it until my last attempt at tapering in September 2011.
By far the worst withdrawal symptoms ever. Reinstated to 20mg citalopram
October 2012 - found this forum!
Nov 2012 to Feb 2013 did 10% taper, got doen to 11mg - was going great until stressful situation. Cortisol levels hit the roof, hideous insomnia forced me to updose to 20mg.
March 2016 - close to 100% back to normal!

****** I am not a medical practitioner, any advice I give comes from my own experience or reading and is only my perspective ******

You guys are precious to me..These good thoughts get me going in the right direction in the morning. I'm going to have issues with this new gaba but I'll try to stick with it for 3 weeks. If the side effects are not tolerable I'll go back to the last one and then decide if I want to discontinue the gabapentin..I don't trust anyone to switch me..The other drug is Lyrica. Wondering what would be a comparable dose to 300mgs of gaba 2xs a day? The gut ache is gone....Thank you Lord! The ear pressure is easing some. I believe I'm WDing from the last script of gaba and tolerating the new one..

If I can tolerate the switch of gaba at the same time WDing from aspartame and adjusting to Cipro I guess I can do anything.. My gabapentin has been switched 4 times in the last 3 months. Amneal to Sun to Amneal and then to Actavis..Is this legal? When I tapered Celexa last Dec.they switched my gaba at the same time. ..The Pharmacy seems to think it's no big deal but what if people don't realize what's going on and Doctor for the side effects. I certainly have.. I thought I had shingles in Dec when they switched the gaba...I have those same blisters now since taking this Actavis..They're not as bad so I'll try to tolerste it..Benadyrl spray helps. They better go away soon..

Lexi...hang in there..Father Time is on our side.

Nikki get well,I know how you feel.

Thinking of you Flower xx

Thanks Basil, I hope you are getting some rest? I wish we could have coffee and chat at a local coffee shop. I feel I know some of you so well.I would like to meet.

you are not a baby.. we are all so exhausted from dealing with this and desperately waiting for all our symptoms to go away that it makes it so hard when we get new ones....

but you seem to be doing ok now... i hope this continues..

Abir where are you at with your taper?

i have not started tapering again... it has been 2 months since reinstating but have not stabilized yet... the antibiotics are not helping with that either...

reinstating AD:

Morning all..I'm still trying to get use to the "new" gabapentin. Yuk..I'll give it another week to see which one works the best. Hoping 2 weeks is enough time. Anxiety and that floating anxiety seems a little less that makes the sweating a little less also. No more gut issues..I didn't realize how many side effects I'd have to tolerate.I don't like this gabapentin at all, now I know how just changing brands will effect me. Just another drug to have to deal with. Why can't I feel good taking one of these?

Good Morning Flower....

Sometimes I think the only thing we can do is ride things out. You have had your share of changes with medications, and it does happen.

You are done with the antibiotics which is good news. I wish I could bottle some "feel better elixir" for everyone including myself.

You are stronger than you give yourself credit for.

Hugs

Nikki I had a terrible day with the Cipro. You're right about anxiety and I had alot of depression. The muscle pain was awful. I took 6 pills and called Doc. He said 3 days of 1000 mgs should have got it but I have to do a culture again Monday to be sure. My god I don't know how you take the stuff. I hope there's no yeast infection. I still don't feel right, I never feel right...lol.

Flower I had to take the Cipro again. Doctor would not prescribe another antibiotic, why I don't know. :blink:

I can't take 1000mgs a day, it's so strong. I guess I want to know that the anxiety is worse on it and I am very tired.

I feel like I just want to lay down all the time. This stuff levels me.

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Flower, i am happy that your anxiety is a little better and your gut issues are gone now.... Hopefully you will continue to feel better this week...

Nikki, sorry you have to take Cipro again... it will be rough but you know that once it is done you will feel better than you are feeling now... and SLEEP SLEEP SLEEP, that is the least you can do for yourself at this time... if there is a drug that does not have any side effects and helps your body heal, wouldn't you take it? well, there is such a thing and it is called sleep :)

reinstating AD: