flower switched to liquid celexa

flower

Thanks Alto..I did check it out.I was surprised to see major reactions with Aspirin and the gaba..I hope I adjust soon.I got a 90 day supply of the gaba maybe I should go back to 30 days.

I never bargained for this other stuff ,when all I wanted was some pain relief.

C/T Celexa and Trazadone on Jan.29th 2014
Prescribed 1mg of Klonopin every 6 hours on Jan.29th
Began tapering Klonopin April 18th..stretching time between doses...at first one hour for 2 weeks then a half hour for app.10 days then another half hour 10days later.
Presently at .25 three times a day..6 2 and 10pm. Trying to stabilize.
Also still taking gabapentin 300mgs 2xs a day..

I see we have a few others here with issues dealing with gabapentin. In a way it brings me some relief to know I'm not alone..This new script is a pain in my butt.

I'm waking up anxious and my gut is clenching up to the point I'm nauseous.The pressure behind my ears is back.I'm in a constant hot flash..I actually had snaps in my head yesterday..I can't figure if the new script is more potent or weaker but one thing I'm sure of is this gaba is going to be a real problem to taper.Even going to a liquid is going to be difficult.

Crazymeds has a large section on the issues surrounding this drug and Lyrica.

Began tapering Klonopin April 18th..stretching time between doses...at first one hour for 2 weeks then a half hour for app.10 days then another half hour 10days later.

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm waking up anxious and my gut is clenching up to the point I'm nauseous.The pressure behind my ears is back.I'm in a constant hot flash..I actually had snaps in my head yesterday..I can't figure if the new script is more potent or weaker but one thing I'm sure of is this gaba is going to be a real problem to taper.Even going to a liquid is going to be difficult.

Flower, I'm very sorry these issues are continuing.  Is there a reason you don't try staggering 'new' pills with 'old'? If there is a difference between scrpts this would help.

As always, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! A proud supporter of the 10% (or slower) rule.

Requip - 3/16 ZERO  Total time on 25 years.

Lyrica: 8/15 ZERO Total time on 7 or 8 yrs.

BENZO FREE 10/13 (started tapering 7/10)  Total time on 25 years.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

I didn't have many of the old ones left or I would have done that..I will put some back out of this script.I read some about how this gaba should not be switched between generics and even a new script of the same generic can cause issues...MY oh my what a touchy drug these AEDs. I will be more aware.

I see it took Rhi a while to calm down after messing with her gaba. My sister takes An AED and she explained everytime the Doc tries to up it or decrease it she has terrible WD or SE issues. The medicine head is awful...anxiety pressure behind the ears..Yuk again..

One day I'm going to come here not to whine. Thanks for listening..I really have noone to complain to..Except my friend Liz and you to Skyler..Feeling very sorry today and tearful.

• Moderator Emeritus

I didn't have many of the old ones left or I would have done that..I will put some back out of this script.I read some about how this gaba should not be switched between generics and even a new script of the same generic can cause issues...MY oh my what a touchy drug these AEDs. I will be more aware.

Feeling very sorry today and tearful.

Good... work on putting at least 7 aside so you have a two week stagger every time you get a refill.

I'm sorry you are having such a difficult time Flower.  I give you credit for hanging in... good to have you here.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

Flower.....I wish I could have a cup of coffe with you today.  I feel for people who are having those teaful days.  Maybe cyring may actually release the frustration you are experiencing.  Meds seem to have a mind of their own.

Rhi is a life-saver and she has some marvelous advise from her own experiences.  Keep in touch with her.

Sent you a note of FB:)

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

So disgusted yesterday..stuck on the new script since the 21st and seems to be getting worse. Taking the gaba without the traz has really upset my mornings.I don't have the usual calm..I am sleeping an extra hour though.Reading about how a new script of the same generic can be tricky with the AEDs didn't help but it did explain alot.

The T is very different.It comes and goes during the day now.This Amneal generic kind of sucks but I'm not changing again.This has to work.

The gut clenching is something I haven't had since tapering Celexa.How did Rhi ever taper this gaba?

Hope this settles soon.

Sometimes I think about how liberating death would be. This gabapentin makes me think bizarre stuff.

I told Doc the other day...Gabapentin is used to slow opiate WD in the prison system.I know this from working there..So what kind of a WD do you think gabapentin has. He did not respond right away but said we'll have to make changes slowly.Why then, do they think me so sensitive.There's alot of gabapentin used in the prisons,they don't like to give opiates...This drug WD should be in the benzo sections of these sites...In my opinion the WD is about the same.

I would be curious what Rhi and Skyler think since they both have experience.From what I have been told Lyrica is harder than gaba to taper?

I'm just worrying again...Sorry guys. Really bad medicine head this morning.

Still trying to get back some normalcy after messing around with the gabapentin. Even trying to take it without the Trazadone at night is not going to happen.

I couldn't tell if it was the new script or the changing times of the dose, but whatever ,I have to stabilize before starting again.

This is the usuall WD symptoms I get..Am anxiety,upset gut, nausea..

Trying to improve sleep by didviding the Traz and gaba did work but being this ill is worse than lack of sleep..

Messing around with this trazadone and gabapentin is making me very ill.I swear this is WD from which I don't know. I'm trying slowly to put it back the way it was. Separating meds after years must have it's consequences.

I've researched alot about the gaba..I believe the US hides alot about our drugs , in Europe the articles abound about how AEDs should NOT be switched between generics or switched to a branded drug if on a generic for years. Really it makes sense,

Rhi you are so lucky to have gotten off this drug.

I see it mentioned here...the house of cards...Move one and the house falls in? Is this what I've done with changing these meds? Is it the same as removing one from the mix?

Just thinking...

Flower....can you return to the way you originally took the meds?  Time of day or night, alone, together?  Anytime there is a change in structure or routine it can cause alot of problems.

Yes morning anxiety is murderous and for me it was the number 1 symptom which drove me down in the depths of despair.  The decrease in any of these drugs can cause what you are experiencing.

I am going to be the Devil's Advocate here and go out on a limb with this ~ But ~ would slightly increasing the trazadone and taking it at night help to ease your mornings???? And promote better sleep?????

Stick with Rhi on this journey....she is a marvel and has gone thru this.  I can share my Celexa stuff with you but not the others.

Sent you a PM on FB......we speak in abbreviations these day :P

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Good morning all...just a note to say I'm still not feeling well since messing up this gabapaentin.I'm not surprised since reading about this drugthat it does this...Nausea, dizzy, vertigo ,burning......I don't know why all this from separating the drugs.

I have an appt to see Doc to talk again about this drug.They're reluctant to taper because of my history and not knowing what to replace it with. These gaba drugs have alot of the same SEs.

I'm frightened and sick again. The depression this drug brings on is different than tapering Celexa. There are no windows just constant illness to contend with. I gag when I have to take this stuff. I hate to wake up like this ...The panic is not as bad in the AM since taking taking the 2 drugs closer together. But taking an extra 100 mg gaba in the daytime makes me feel very off and depressed. Teary this mornng for no good reason. I'm just wore out I guess.

Rhi I can't seem to get this gaba to 12 hour intervals. I take it 8am and @ 10pm with the trazadone.I've tried to add another during the day but I can't tolerate it. I really do feel I WD from this gaba every afternoon..Makes for a long day....

Thanks for listening everyone...flower.

Doc asked me yesterday to try to take an exta 100mgs of the gaba in the afternoon to see if it solved any interdose issues. I will try to get to a more comfortable place,no matter what, so I can make a plan to taper. I am much more calm this morning.No anxiety at all.It's a bit of relief even if it doesn't last.

She said we will get the liquid when the time comes. I think an afternoon dose would be best if I taper anyhow.Even if it is 100mgs.

I still think the new script was much fresher? stronger?

My last script was months old..since april I believe.I tried so many different generics it layed around for a while..

Any thoughts on if it degraded? I know there's quite a shelf life..

Gosh, I really hoped you'd be feeling better by now. It nice that your doctor is trying to work with you. Mine just denies that gabapentin could be the cause of my troubles.

I did have a better day today too. I took an extra 100 mgs this morning. I normally only take 300 at night. I just want to get stable so that I can begin a new taper plan. I want off this drug!

I also took some geodon I had last night, so maybe that's what helped me today. My anxiety was much less!

Why are we having so much trouble with this blasted drug when scads of people have no problem at all! They actually wean off in a week or two!

I plan on getting the liquid form and decrease by 10 mgs at a time which is far less than 10%. I'm too chicken to do 10%.

I am on 2.0 mg abilify for 2 yrs now.  I tired to taper every month 2.0....1.5....1.0....0.5....off.  I was fine until I jumped off at the end.  I will need to slow the taper down after 0.5.  Maybe try 0.5, 0.4, 0.3, 0.2, 0.1, 0.05, 0.025...off.

8/2/17. Abilify  2.0 mg

I cant seem to take an extra 100mgs for more than 2 days at a time.I get so dizzy.I dont sleep well either even on trazadone and 300mgs of gaba..So I didnt take the extra gaba yesterday..I can tell already even after I've  taken it for 3 days.

I read how some take this crap as needed...now that seems wrong.

For the 3 days I took the extra I could pee! I napped in the afternoon...And had alot less pain in my feet but why do I get soooooo dizzy.I'm glad I didnt take the time released that was offered.Seems it would be harder to get off of.

Also I'm not so convinced all this is due to just gaba..Trazadone can be tricky too. 10mgs of Celexa ?   Good grief when will it stop.

Are you feeling crappy from your celexa taper or from the GP? It all seems overwhelming, but we need to start somewhere. It will be so great to get off that stuff.

The geodon is working! My anxiety is gone!

I am on 2.0 mg abilify for 2 yrs now.  I tired to taper every month 2.0....1.5....1.0....0.5....off.  I was fine until I jumped off at the end.  I will need to slow the taper down after 0.5.  Maybe try 0.5, 0.4, 0.3, 0.2, 0.1, 0.05, 0.025...off.

8/2/17. Abilify  2.0 mg

Hi sweet flower,

Thinking of you, as always, and wish that you are feeling better.

I am sorry that you are struggling flower .. :(

Please know that you are thought of, and in my prayers ..

Sending you much love, Lexi

Hello,
I am tapering Lorazepam, and my daily dose is 1.125 mgs.

I followed a long hold for 5 months, ( Nov-March 2019) hoping to find some stability, 

but it did not work. So I resumed my taper and hold pattern.
For the last 3 years, I have been using a daily microtaper, cutting .001mgs per day, with holds as needed.
Symptoms are head pressure, labored breathing, palpitations, abrupt surges of dizziness, this being my worst symptom for now, internal tremors, my latest nemesis, unsteadiness, anxiety, plus many other symptoms that cycle in, and cycle out consistently. Not a day passes, without grief :(

I take no other meds.

January 2013 - 15 day quick taper off 10 mgs of Lexapro, and 25 mgs of Sertraline,

at a detox clinic.

• 4 weeks later...

Back to whine again..I have been feeling  poorly there seems to be no end to this.

At the pain clinic yeserday Doc told me it was my call as to what to do with the drugs..He said to stop taking the trazadone if I thought it was bothering me,I knew then I was in trouble.

I've been anxious and ill since messing with doses and changing generics 4 times but he says this is my illness,that I am just anxious.He thinks I need the drugs.

I told him I needed advice about the neck pain before they decided it is fibro...He told me it was probably fibro...

How will I win? I picked up a new script of trazadone and I swear it's causing me problems. Doc thinks not.

I guess I'll take this to the P Doc and hope she'll help me.

The stinging sensation,the pain doc said is fibro.Why when all this is new do they blame it on "our illness."

The nausea in the morning is new also. Thinking of reducing traz to 50mgs to see if this eases. I will have to crush the pill after quartering it to go slow. I feel I need some of it for a little sleep or I would get none.

Sorry folks for the whining again. It seems thats all I have to offer here. My pain Doc says I have become paralyzed as to changing meds..I'm frightened to change meds is all. The insensitive boob..

• Moderator Emeritus

HI Flower.. I'm sorry to hear you are feeling so unwell after all this time. Unfortunately, I'm not surprised at the response from the pain clinic.. many of them are less than optimal, and of those who are better, most are unaware of tapering issues. At least you have a goodly crew here to help you soldier on but I surely wish we could give more. 

Flower you a aren't whining.  You have a few things going on here and it's making you feel poorly.  Pain, anxiety, and now nausea.

We come here with questions, confusion, and tremendous discomfort.  All of us are looking for answers.

Maybe the best thing is to be your own best advocate.  You know what members say here....varying doses can bring on problems.

So try to think of the doses you felt better at and stick with it.  I too can see that medicine from different drug companies can produce different effects.

I am actually noticing this with Estrogen.

I know that dropping Celexa causes anxiety and so does trazadone.  My daughter took trazadone and when she tapered off of it she felt anxious, however that did stop.

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

I have been so busy blaming the gaba for all this misery I didn't pay nuch attention to the trazadone.When I picked up the new script I noticed right wawy something was wrong. Maybe if I could just reduce a little ?????This pill is a pain to cut and doesn't dissolve well.

This is the second night of reducing the trazadone.I tried to cut the pill but it crumbles so I managed a 12.5 mg piece. My normal dose is 75mgs.

I notice more pain this morning and I'm getting nervous.Since I choose not to use a benzo I have used 25mgs of vistiril twice in the last 2 days. I'm hoping to get to 50mgs and wait to see if there's any benefits. I hope to feel better during the day.

Forgive me if I whine..I hope since this drug has such a short halflife it will be swift to level out..

The bee stinging sensation is quite annoying. It does ease when I take the gaba in the morning.

Wish me luck and if there's anyone out there with advice as to this taper please help me..

Doc said the other option would be doxepin.??????

I wonder how long to stablize...In general I mean,I know we are all different.

Would I be better off to smash the pill and split it up by eye?I have no scale.?

I know 12.5 is a little much..

I hope you will have an easy time tapering down on the trazadone.  I know it's scary when you don't know

what to expect.  Hang in there.  Hopefully it won't get bad and you'll level off quickly.  We have to try to stay

strong to get this done!

2006-Cymbalta 60mg for lyme disease2009-Quit Cymbalta c/tFeb. 2010-Reinstated 60mg CymMar.2010 to May.2012 tapered Cym to 36mgMay 2012-Crossed over to 30mg CelexaMay 2012-Oct.2013 Tapered Celexa down to 2.5mgOct.2013-Switched to 30 beads CymbaltaDec.4,2013-Stopped Cymbalta at 17 beads<p>Akathisia hit at 6 wks off and continuesNow taking melatonin when needed for sleep.

Thanks Liz,I'm glad you're home.Try to relax.

The hissing in my ears is making me crazy this morning.I'm sore.alot of skin sensations..On edge for sure.

All I can say about this journey is, I wait....

Thanks Tezza..It's been going as well as could be expected until last night...I was suppose to have the first night with no vistiril..I woke in a stupor took too much traz and went to sleep.

I believe I took 100mgs.

I do not feel well this morning. I don't think there will be any reinstating  when it comes to traz for me.

I'll get back with it tonight.Only now I will put the quartered pill by the bed with the 50mg..

I'm sure a creature of habit.Alot of months cutting a pill in half.

I have that bee sting sensation again this morning.I hadn't noticed it in the past few days.

Well back on the train I go......Good Luck to my good friend Liz..You are in my thoughts.

Hopefully it won't mess things up, Flower. You'll get right back on course.

Hope it will be an easy taper for you. Thank you so much for your continued

support, Flower. It means more than you know.

2006-Cymbalta 60mg for lyme disease2009-Quit Cymbalta c/tFeb. 2010-Reinstated 60mg CymMar.2010 to May.2012 tapered Cym to 36mgMay 2012-Crossed over to 30mg CelexaMay 2012-Oct.2013 Tapered Celexa down to 2.5mgOct.2013-Switched to 30 beads CymbaltaDec.4,2013-Stopped Cymbalta at 17 beads<p>Akathisia hit at 6 wks off and continuesNow taking melatonin when needed for sleep.

Okay,back on track with the taper of Traz..right now 62.5mgs is the dose. Still the burning sensation and the prickling .No panic, no nausea..thats a good thing.

Knock on Wood...

I did take  vistiril last night but won't be doing that much longer.

Hope this is fast....I hope I reap some benefits quickly so I will be more apt to put this drug behind me..The insomnia I can deal with....Not anxiety.

I know what you mean. The anxiety is torture. I can deal with most everything else. Anxiety brings me to my knees.

I have my fingers crossed that your taper goes smoothly.

Xoxoxo

Utah

8/2/17. Abilify  2.0 mg

It's been almost 2 weeks since I dropped 12.5mgs of the Trazadone.Until the last couple days it was going okay.Yeserday I didn't quarter the pill well and felt it all day.I don't think I'm ready to drop again quite yet.

Another few days maybe. I can't get that pill cut any smaller so maybe I'll have to crush it to go smaller.

Any advice or experience would be appreciated. Is all this muscle  and joint pain really Trazadone WD?

My feet are cranky..

I tried not to whine..I hate this crap. The Tinnitus changes daily...Everyday is different..

Any happy story of getting off this drug would make my day a little brighter.

Sleep is about the same,I hear things at night now.I use to sleep like the dead..I can't imagine the next 12.5mgs..right now.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi sweet flower,

Thinking of you, and hoping that you are getting some relief.

I have not written you, but you are in thought and prayer.

Hang in there flower, and don't loose hope.

Everyone heals ..Just keep walking ..keep walking ..

Sending you much love, and many hugs :)

Love, Lexi

Hello,
I am tapering Lorazepam, and my daily dose is 1.125 mgs.

I followed a long hold for 5 months, ( Nov-March 2019) hoping to find some stability, 

but it did not work. So I resumed my taper and hold pattern.
For the last 3 years, I have been using a daily microtaper, cutting .001mgs per day, with holds as needed.
Symptoms are head pressure, labored breathing, palpitations, abrupt surges of dizziness, this being my worst symptom for now, internal tremors, my latest nemesis, unsteadiness, anxiety, plus many other symptoms that cycle in, and cycle out consistently. Not a day passes, without grief :(

I take no other meds.

January 2013 - 15 day quick taper off 10 mgs of Lexapro, and 25 mgs of Sertraline,

at a detox clinic.

Hi Flower!

I hope things are smoothing out for you. Give us an update when you feel up to it!

Xoxoxo

Utahgal

8/2/17. Abilify  2.0 mg

Well here I am again...I could not continue the taper and updosed to the 75mgs..That in itself is not going well.I am disgusted and feel like crap because I failed.

Going to Doc this week and I'm going to give her a piece of my mind.There has to an easier way.This drug needs to be compounded into 5 and 10 mg pills to be tapered.

I'm so sorry to waste everyones time.

So I stabilize again.This drug is a wicked WD and takes a good 2 weeks to surprise you.

• Administrator

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Flower....

You have to do whatcha have to do. You didn't fail, and you certainly didn't waste anyone's time. Your body just wasn't ready for that size of a cut yet. Your idea to use a compounding pharmacy is a good one. Hopefully smaller cuts will be your ticket to a less painful taper. You *will* get there!

8/2/17. Abilify  2.0 mg

I just read what Alto posted about the tapering strips...My god it's about time someone acknowledges the fact that we get so sick tapering..Maybe there will be some help for us that have so much trouble with even small decreases.

Thanks again Alto.I will bring this up to my Doc...she told me yesterday I am her only patient trying to taper..That worries me...She has no idea.....She did say she would help me get the trazodone compounded to taper slower.Right now I have to wait a bit and get through the holidays the best I can.I can tell this trazodone will mess with me for a while...

• Administrator

It's hard, flower, but look at the progress you've made!

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.