flower switched to liquid celexa

flower

Flower you are missed . :wub:

How are you? How has your tapering been? and how are you feeling?

I hope that you are doing much much better :wub:

Please write when time allows.

Keeping you in thought and prayer ..

Love, Lexi

Hello,
I am tapering Lorazepam, and my daily dose is 1.125 mgs.

I followed a long hold for 5 months, ( Nov-March 2019) hoping to find some stability, 

but it did not work. So I resumed my taper and hold pattern.
For the last 3 years, I have been using a daily microtaper, cutting .001mgs per day, with holds as needed.
Symptoms are head pressure, labored breathing, palpitations, abrupt surges of dizziness, this being my worst symptom for now, internal tremors, my latest nemesis, unsteadiness, anxiety, plus many other symptoms that cycle in, and cycle out consistently. Not a day passes, without grief :(

I take no other meds.

January 2013 - 15 day quick taper off 10 mgs of Lexapro, and 25 mgs of Sertraline,

at a detox clinic.

THank you Lexi for thinking of me.I try to distance myself but it doesn't help.I have been trying to stabilize on the 75mgs of traodone since Nov...I don't feel well at all.I'm sorry to whine again.

I'm frightened of my Doc appt next week.I know what I have to do.

I spoke with a wonderful pharmacist at the compounding pharmacy about the traz..she is very familiar...she said to try 1 mg to start.

The wd depression and anxiety from this drug is worse than coming off the ativan.I'm sure being destabilized isn't helping. I have a lot of nausea and what I know now is akathasia from these drugs.I always thought of it as underlying anxiety.

Please be with me as begin this journey again.I'm hoping for improvemnt at 50mgs of trazodone so I know I can do this.

Somewhere there has to be happiness and enjoyment come of this mess. 4 years of this torment and a lot of tapering ...I'm wore out. Flower.

C/T Celexa and Trazadone on Jan.29th 2014
Prescribed 1mg of Klonopin every 6 hours on Jan.29th
Began tapering Klonopin April 18th..stretching time between doses...at first one hour for 2 weeks then a half hour for app.10 days then another half hour 10days later.
Presently at .25 three times a day..6 2 and 10pm. Trying to stabilize.
Also still taking gabapentin 300mgs 2xs a day..

• Administrator

Did we talk about how the trazodone may be interacting with the Celexa?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I can believe that there is an interaction with Trazadone and Celexa.  It is easy to google that and find out.

The WD depression is really getting you down....so sorry.  Anxiety is a problem but depression (for me) is worse.  Feel for you.

The compounding pharmacy sounds like such a great move.  1mg. at a time is excellent.

Of course I will be her while you go thru this.  We can meet here and talk, PMessaging and then we have our group on FB.  It can really help to talk to people who are doing well.  It brings hope into the picture.  I got a nice dose of that this morning from Mr. Anxious.  Very helpful.

I will google the celexa interaction for you......Hugs

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

I just googled trazadone and celexa interactions and many site came up.  Some medical in which they referred to serotonin syndrome.  Then I found blogs and the people there said they felt terrible.  Had to get off one drug, primarily they got off trazadone and felt much better even though they were till on Celexa.

Flower I have been tapering Serzone (nefazadone) for bout 10 days or so.  I immediately felt somewhat better in the reduction.  It ws exacerbating anxiety coupled with imipramine.

Serzone should not be mixed with ssri's or imipramine.  I was taking it with both.  No wonder I am in the boat I am in.  Good news I am off Celexa.

Keep plugging away at getting off trazadone.  Do it slowly (the one mg. at a time deal).  You may be surprised in that as you get to a lower dose you may feel better.  Don't juggle anything else.  Just steady the course with dropping trazadone.  In the blogs they said they felt better.......

I am always available for you....you don't have to do this alone.....You can reach me here, PM me, catch me on our FB page.

I have a feeling after what I read and what I have experienced that you are eventually going to feel better......

Lots of hugs.

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

My doctor has decided I am close to seratonin syndrome and has cold turkeyed me off the trazadone and celexa using klonopin.in hopes I can get off the klonopin easier than being so ill for years.pray for me..I am already feeling like crap.my husband is home with me for a few days..I know you guys will not like this move but I'm so sick.I have been this way for some time now..some kind wordswill help me, please.I hope omce I no longer feed this beast it will stop..

Began tapering Klonopin April 18th..stretching time between doses...at first one hour for 2 weeks then a half hour for app.10 days then another half hour 10days later.

• Moderator Emeritus

Dear Flower,

I have been reading your posts since September and see how badly you are struggling.

It's not a matter of what any of us would like or not like... I'm relatively new here and while holding and waiting to stabilise I'm doing a lot of reading of other people's experiences so that I can better prepare for my future taper. Just a glance at your taper made me think that in attempts to make yousrelf feel better, you ended up feeling worse: cutting down, then updosing, etc.

A very simple truth of successful tapers is STABILITY and no changes in medications. I struggled awfully hard with that but when I tried not to change anything about my medication regardless of how I felt, I noticed that symptoms went away anhd that drugs did nothing. 

Just write how you feel and we will come to your support any time.

As I said, I found reading about other people's experiences very helpful: it's easier to see mistakes others are making than our own. 

Why do you still seem to trust to your pdoc who 'decided' (quite randomly probably) to cold turkey you (oh my my, if anyone read at lest 2 stories of people who went cold turkey they would never put anyone through it). It can only result in protracted withdrawal.

I'm sure more people will come in with their opinions.

We will give you support no matter what you decide but please consider this before making your own decision. It's hard to do contrary to0 what a pdoc says but this is your life and you have the right to make decisions for yourself....

That's my favourite piece of writing explaining why 'physically removing the beast out of your body' is a very bad idea and why it doesn't work.

Written by Rhi (and much quoted by me ;)

This is something I posted somewhere else and then saved. I know it's all stuff I've said before, but it bears repeating and further discussion.

A lot of people, including healthcare practitioners; in fact, I guess, most people-- are operating from entirely the wrong paradigm, or way of thinking, about these meds. They're thinking of them like aspirin--as something that has an effect when it's in your system, and then when it gets out of your system the effect goes away.

That's not what happens with medications that alter neurotransmitter function, we are learning.

What happens when you change the chemistry of the brain is, the brain adjusts its chemistry and structure to try to return to homeostasis, or biochemical and functional balance. It tries to restabilize the chemistry. 

For example: SSRI antidepressants work as "serotonin reuptake inhibitors." That is, they cause serotonin to remain in the space between neurons, rather than being taken back up into the cells to be re-used, like it would be in a normal healthy nondrugged brain.

So the brain, which wants to re-establish normal signaling and function, adapts to the higher level of serotonin between neurons (in the "synapse", the space between neurons where signals get passed along). It does this by removing serotonin receptors, so that the signal is reduced and changed to something closer to normal. It also decreases the amount of serotonin it produces overall. 

To do that, genes have to be turned on and off; new proteins have to be made; whole cascades of chemical reactions have to be changed, which means turning on and off OTHER genes; cells are destroyed, new cells are made; in other words, a complex physiologic remodeling takes place. This takes place over time. The brain does not grow and change rapidly. 

This is a vast oversimplification of the amount of adaptation that takes place in the brain when we change its normal chemistry, but that's the principle.

When we stop taking the drug, we have a brain that has designed itself so that it works in the presence of the drug; now it can't work properly without the drug because it's designed itself so that the drug is part of its chemistry and structure. It's like a plant that has grown on a trellis; you can't just yank out the trellis and expect the plant to be okay.

When the drug is removed, the remodeling process has to take place in reverse.

SO--it's not a matter of just getting the drug out of your system and moving on. If it were that simple, none of us would be here. 

It's a matter of, as I describe it, having to grow a new brain. 

I believe this growing-a-new-brain happens throughout the taper process if the taper is slow enough. (If it's too fast, then there's not a lot of time for actually rebalancing things, and basically the brain is just pedaling fast trying to keep us alive.) It also continues to happen, probably for longer than the symptoms actually last, throughout the time of recovery after we are completely off the drug, which is why recovery takes so long. 

With multiple drugs and a history of drug changes and cold turkeys, all of this becomes even more complicated. And if a person is started on these kinds of drugs at an early age before the brain has ever completely established normal mature functioning--well, it can't be good. (All of which is why I recommend an extremely slow taper particularly to anyone with a multiple drug history, a history of many years on meds, a history of past cold turkeys or frequent med changes, and a history of being put on drugs at a young age.)

This isn't intended to scare people, but hopefully to give you some idea of what's happening, and to help you respect and understand the process so you can work with it; ALSO, because you are likely to encounter many, many people who still believe these drugs work kind of like aspirin, or a glass of wine, and all you need to do is stop and get it out of your system. 

Now you can explain to them that no, getting it out of your system is not the issue; the issue is, you need to regrow or at least remodel your brain. This is a long, slow, very poorly understood process, and it needs to be respected. 

Current: 9/2022 Xanax 0.08, Lexapro 2

2020 Xanax 0.26 (down from 2 mg in 2013), Lexapro 2.85 mg (down from 5 mg 2013)

Amitriptyline (tricyclic AD) and clonazepam for 3 months to treat headache in 1996 
1999. - present Xanax prn up to 3 mg.
2000-2005 Prozac CT twice, 2005-2010 Zoloft CT 3 times, 2010-2013 Escitalopram 10 mg
went from 2.5 to zero on 7 Aug 2013, bad crash 40 days after
reinstated to 5 mg Escitalopram 4Oct 2013 and holding liquid Xanax every 5 hours
28 Jan 2014 Xanax 1.9, 18 Apr  2015 1 mg,  25 June 2015 Lex 4.8, 6 Aug Lexapro 4.6, 1 Jan 2016 0.64  Xanax     9 month hold

24 Sept 2016 4.5 Lex, 17 Oct 4.4 Lex (Nov 0.63 Xanax, Dec 0.625 Xanax), 1 Jan 2017 4.3 Lex, 24 Jan 4.2, 5 Feb 4.1, 24 Mar 4 mg, 10 Apr 3.9 mg, May 3.85, June 3.8, July 3.75, 22 July 3.7, 15 Aug 3.65, 17 Sept 3.6, 1 Jan 2018 3.55, 19 Jan 3.5, 16 Mar 3.4, 14 Apr 3.3, 23 May 3.2, 16 June 3.15, 15 Jul 3.1, 31 Jul 3, 21 Aug 2.9 26 Sept 2.85, 14 Nov Xan 0.61, 1 Dec 0.59, 19 Dec 0.58, 4 Jan 0.565, 6 Feb 0.55, 20 Feb 0.535, 1 Mar 0.505, 10 Mar 0.475, 14 Mar 0.45, 4 Apr 0.415, 13 Apr 0.37, 21 Apr 0.33, 29 Apr 0.29, 10 May 0.27, 17 May 0.25, 28 May 0.22, 19 June 0.22, 21 Jun updose to 0.24, 24 Jun updose to 0.26

Supplements: Omega 3 + Vit E, Vit C, D, magnesium, Taurine, probiotic 

I'm not a medical professional. Any advice I give is based on my own experience and reading. 

Well, i feel for you FLower.

do not know what to do in case of a serotonin syndrom, this is life threatening.

Put on trazadone for 8 weeks. Psychic akathisia started on 100 mg. Not a single doctor believed me telling me it is all anxiety in my head. Terrible suicidal urges. Got voluntary hospitalised. Acknoledged adverse reaction, put me off cold turkey. Instalated mirtazapine to block the reaction of trazadone. 5 weeks on mirtazapine.acathisia worsened, suicidal, homicidal urges. Nobody believed. Finally they stopped mirtazapine cold turkey. My heighest dose of trazadone was 200 mg, of mirtazapine 30 mg. Since the c/t, suicidal, acathisia continuing.

tried promethazine for sleep. Tried atarax. Currently taking klonopin for 10 days. Good for sleep, but my condition worsening. Unable to tell if it is klonopin or a bad wave.

In the former hospital i took twice gabapentin. It should be all my medication.

i was offered promethazin for sleep 25 mg and also small amount of quetiapine. Both are antipsychotics, even if ptomethszin very weak. Terribly afraid.

• Administrator

Our trazodone topic describes the SSRI-trazodone interaction in great detail. See

This interaction, while terrible-feeling, is not serotonin syndrome, and does not merit cold-turkey of both drugs.

flower, I have serious doubts about your doctor.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Alto, I begin this journey again...day3...already weepy, I knew it would come, not really anxious but agitated. I pray.......I'm frightened but also tired of being ill. Thanks guys and hang in there for me flower..

• Moderator Emeritus

what exactly is now happening on the drugs front?

sorry, maybe you mentioned it but I've missed it...

Amitriptyline (tricyclic AD) and clonazepam for 3 months to treat headache in 1996 
2000-2005 Prozac CT twice, 2005-2010 Zoloft CT 3 times, 2010-2013 Escitalopram 10 mg
reinstated to 5 mg Escitalopram 4Oct 2013 and holding liquid Xanax every 5 hours
28 Jan 2014 Xanax 1.9, 18 Apr  2015 1 mg,  25 June 2015 Lex 4.8, 6 Aug Lexapro 4.6, 1 Jan 2016 0.64  Xanax     9 month hold

24 Sept 2016 4.5 Lex, 17 Oct 4.4 Lex (Nov 0.63 Xanax, Dec 0.625 Xanax), 1 Jan 2017 4.3 Lex, 24 Jan 4.2, 5 Feb 4.1, 24 Mar 4 mg, 10 Apr 3.9 mg, May 3.85, June 3.8, July 3.75, 22 July 3.7, 15 Aug 3.65, 17 Sept 3.6, 1 Jan 2018 3.55, 19 Jan 3.5, 16 Mar 3.4, 14 Apr 3.3, 23 May 3.2, 16 June 3.15, 15 Jul 3.1, 31 Jul 3, 21 Aug 2.9 26 Sept 2.85, 14 Nov Xan 0.61, 1 Dec 0.59, 19 Dec 0.58, 4 Jan 0.565, 6 Feb 0.55, 20 Feb 0.535, 1 Mar 0.505, 10 Mar 0.475, 14 Mar 0.45, 4 Apr 0.415, 13 Apr 0.37, 21 Apr 0.33, 29 Apr 0.29, 10 May 0.27, 17 May 0.25, 28 May 0.22, 19 June 0.22, 21 Jun updose to 0.24, 24 Jun updose to 0.26

I'm not a medical professional. Any advice I give is based on my own experience and reading. 

• Administrator

flower, you might consider taking a very small amount of Celexa to ward off withdrawal symptoms.

Well folks another day goes be.The small amount of gaba got me 4 hours of sleep. The ringing in my ears is so low now I actually went back to sleep. If the ringing stops this will be worth it.

I have an RN and a therapist calling me daily..My Doc wanted me to do this in the hosp.She said this is now a medical problem not a psych issue.I chose to do this at home.

I will not taper for years anymore.I appreciate you being here to listen.....So far I'm very nauseated ,,, very tense,,, low level head ache,,, weepy,,, at times I feel I cant take a breath....words dont come and thoughts are scattered.Everything I expected from tapering in the past.

The klonopin is not a drug that is pleasant but it sure catches the anxiety.....I'm going to ask about alternating with valium...I know the valium is easier to taper. My sister has used and tapered Klonopin several times in the past years. I hope this works for me......Tapering these other drugs is not an option any longer......At least that's what I say right now...

Since mornings are the hardest I'm going to get busy.....I dont know how to thank you for being there....alto lexi nikki skyler.......Skyler...I wanted to mention this klonopin is the best nerve med I've ever met.My feet hardly hurt...Or else one of the offending drugs was aggrivating......I do know the gaba is working so much better.....I can feel it relax me now..Through all this it is helping with a little sleep. I cant imagine sleeping without the darn Traz....it will be wonderful.

Flower......you have always been there for me.  I will be looking for your posts here and on our other site. 

Over the years myself and so many others who have, or are taking psych meds made decisions to help ourselves out of this mess. They were what we felt were the best decisions at the time.  I know you thought about this long and hard.  Rely heavily on your support group and us. 

I was thinking about what Alto said....the traz and the celexa together was an unsavory mix.  With the absence of trazadone maybe adding back Celexa may help a bit, then you would just have to taper the Celexa and take your time doing it.

Just a thought.....I don't know if it is right or wrong and I don't want to confuse you either.

Hugs and more hugs

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

• Moderator Emeritus

Flower, my heat goes out to you... you have tried so hard to stabilize and I'm sorry this did not deal with your pain in any meaningful way.  My thoughts are with you on your journey...

Skyler

As always, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! A proud supporter of the 10% (or slower) rule.

Requip - 3/16 ZERO  Total time on 25 years.

Lyrica: 8/15 ZERO Total time on 7 or 8 yrs.

BENZO FREE 10/13 (started tapering 7/10)  Total time on 25 years.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

Well friends another day goes by and I am still sane...I slept a bit, thanks to gaba I believe...I can now take a probiotic,,, before I couldnt tolerate a tylenol...I'm pushing the klonopin to 8 hours instead of 6...I know you guys dont like it but it's saving my sanity...

My husband and Doctor said no more suffering like I have for the past 4 years.

I will look into the tapering of klonopin.I also see Doc Tues. And want to discuss alternating with the vistiril...I've used the v in the past...

That screaming in my ears is easing...Its been so severe in the past my ears would bleed.

I'm not liking this klonopin ....but I'm telling you....I cannot suffer like that..It's not worth my life.

To sleep without that drug makes me ill when I wake up but hopefully in a few weeks a miracle will occur.....I'm actually going to try fish oil again too.Maybe this time I won't get anxious.....

I thank you all again so much for not ostracizing me....I need you. Even if I have to taper klonopin it wont be like this 4 years of misery...I've given my best....

"I thank you all again so much for not ostracizing me....I need you. Even if I have to taper klonopin it wont be like this 4 years of misery...I've given my best...."

That would be the absolute height of cruelty which I have seen on support boards.  Sadly it does happen. 

We understand the suffering and the loss of time that comes with drug issues.  We all make the best decisions possible with these drugs, and hope and pray for the best possible outcome.

Just keep in touch.....talk to us.....we are rooting for you:)

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Not good at the moment...just sick...tearful....see doc tomorrow..she wants me in the hosp...I can not do that.How can I continue to take drugs making me so ill. I will not increase klonopin either..Maybe tomorrow will be a little easier....There has to be a better way....I'm hanging in there...

Flower....

I'm so sorry that you are having a rough time. You have always helped me. Sending positive thoughts your way.

I am on 2.0 mg abilify for 2 yrs now.  I tired to taper every month 2.0....1.5....1.0....0.5....off.  I was fine until I jumped off at the end.  I will need to slow the taper down after 0.5.  Maybe try 0.5, 0.4, 0.3, 0.2, 0.1, 0.05, 0.025...off.

8/2/17. Abilify  2.0 mg

I had a breakdown of sorts last nite..My husband is a godsend...I'm feeling very slow but am alive this morning.I've never prayed so much as I do now.

IF I could get across to you how sick I've been I think you would understand these drastic measures.

the rash I've had is dissipating, , the tinnitus is so low I hardly hear it.Underneath this all something tells me this is the way it has to be.

You know me here better than most.I wouldn't do this if there was an easier route..

Doc will not like the way I look today..No hospital...no more klonopin than the .25 evey 6 hours, when I feel that begin to work I will be backing off ..Nothing can compare to this hell for the past 4 years...I dont think tapering is an option for us all. I've tried hard...Lexi I think of you...Wolfhound we can do this...God grant us serenity this day....One day at a time...

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Flower,

I'm sorry you are going through this, I know how bad it can get, sometimes each minute we get through is like a little victory.  You have to do what you think is best, you have your husband for support, that's good.

I hope things start to settle down for you soon.

Petu.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

Another day goes by.....underneath this all I have this turmoil I can't explain...I slept, I cried a lot..the usual trazodone wd...cry cry cry....I see the therapist today.....she's on board also..No matter , this has to be.

Just thoughts............again, God grant me serenity.....flower

I've survived another day..I'm so worried about taking klonopin but I know I cannot keep going on trazadone and celexa.

I promised doc to take no more than scripted.Unlike others, I dont like this drug.I dont understand how it could be abused.This trazadone makes me miserable.The wd depression is embarrassing. I cry for no reason. I get a few hours of sleep but I didn't expect much.

It concerns me I will not be able to tolerate ssris.What will be next? Elavil is being tossed about.Since I have this pain.I so want to sleep on my own.

The benzo scares me.I've never indulged.I feel like a slug.Its better than the anxiety for sure.Its not time to start pushing the klonopin further apart yet.This anxiety is so intense.. all I can do is hope I am one of the lucky ones now these drugs are gone....Maybe my brain will adjust quickly........just another thought...I know many who left these drugs behind and never looked back. I ve never stopped taking them, only tapered and switched which apparently didnt work out.

How many days have you been off, Flower? What does the doctor say about your symptoms? How long are they expected to last?

Sending you a big hug.

I am on 2.0 mg abilify for 2 yrs now.  I tired to taper every month 2.0....1.5....1.0....0.5....off.  I was fine until I jumped off at the end.  I will need to slow the taper down after 0.5.  Maybe try 0.5, 0.4, 0.3, 0.2, 0.1, 0.05, 0.025...off.

8/2/17. Abilify  2.0 mg

Flower I have been thinking about you.  It sounds like you are managing.  Your are an amazing lady:)

Lots of Hugs

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Flower, I'm sorry you have been suffering so badly and hope that you are feeling a little better.

One day at a time and you will get there in the end. 

Mamma hugs. 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

Day 9 of no trazadone and no celexa.....yesterday I sobbed all day..I knew it was coming....Trazadone depression is very real...My worst time is in the morning..Today I went to my dentist appt, to find out this is Friday not Monday.

I'M really confused, The klonopin really helps with the crippling anxiety...

Iam functioning so much pain has eased.My hands my neck...Maybe its the klonopin but this is the first time in years I have been pain free like this.

I let the withdrawal wake me at night hoping as the days go by I will one day sleep 8 hours. Thanks again for being there...

It's now been 2 weeks without the trazadone and celexa.Yesterday was horrendous. ? The klonopin catches some anxiety buy doesn't do anything else.I sobbed all day. The all to familiar wd depression. I've taken no rescue dose of klonopin that was scripted although I sure wanted to.I have taken vistiril a couple times.It helps tremendously.

At least my support here at home is wonderful. My pdoc is seeing me every week.I'm ver ill for sure.This brings back memories.I am no more ill than when I tapere

I cannot go back I'm tired of being so ill.I'm sure this isnt over by any means..There's no escape...I'm afraid again..I think of dead people from my past. I hear rhings my husbfd says aren't there..

The ringing in my ears is almost gone..I can hardly belive it.I wake up listening for it.

I havenno interests at home.Im frightened of the klonopin already wanting to crossover valium to taper.I don't want to use this tuff any longer than I have to.I know this isnt thr way you would want me to do this but I have to succeed this time at any cost.

I see nothing pleasant about klonopin..My doc and friends tell me it's doing what it is suppose to but dits hard to believe..I have a lot of anxiety anyhow.

Pray for me..I think of you all......flower

Flower the only thing I can think of is to reinstate some of the trazadone and Celexa.  It was too much to stop all at once.  I wish I cold sit there and hold your hand.

Of course you are afraid.  This comes up with anxiety.  Flower you are worse off now than when you were on the trazadone and celexa.

Unless there is some other med, I don't know.

I hope Alto and Rhi come along with some of the others with some advise.

Love you......you can contact me any time....

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

There will be no other med Nikki..I'm not really convinced I'm worse off then on the two ADs...At least I know this will end.No more noise in my head is reward enough.I will periodically whine, please just listen.I have to be done with this.I could neverf imagine taking trazadone again ....The anxiey is coming fast now...This will be the first time I have none of the drug n my brain...whining again.......the odd thing iis I sleep..the klonopin iesnt make me sleepy but I think the gabapentin really helps...it sure works differently without those other two drugs...

Thank goodness you didn't taper the gabapentin! Maybe it will help you.

I'm praying that this blows over for you soon.

8/2/17. Abilify  2.0 mg

I wont be tapering gaba for some time...at least I sleep some and can eat...Tapering before I couldnt even do that.I believe the wd is at its peak right now.Its been over 2 weeks.. mornings are very dark ...if you know what I mean.. My brain wants that darn traz and celexa....It lasts most of the morning. it's hard to keep a handle on the anxiety right now but I won't increase klonopin...So be it...My therapist calls every couple days.friends call every morning...my husband is a godsend.I should be counting blessings not sitting here typing and crying..........I will do this...........flower

• Moderator Emeritus

it's perfectly ok to do both:count your blessings (which you have done) and type here crying

I would even say it's a very healthy combination

every day is bringing you closer to more wellbeing

all the best,

bubble

Flower you can sit, type and cry....it's okay...it is what happens to us from this mess we are in.

It is so nice that you have such a supportive partner - means alot.

Hugs

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Thank you bubble and nikki...my dog is dieing I'm very sad.I'm going to the vet today to see if I can get her to eat. Its been since sunday.she has an enlarged heart..I dont know how I will cope with this wd so strong right now.the traz hates me at nite and the celexa tries to kill me during the day.....double indemnity you might say....I cry a lot I look like crap but...themedicine head is gone and the ringing in my ears is so very faint...I do sleep a little....I wont crossover to valium to taper for a while yet..I can tell the wd is really trying to bet the best of me..especially now I cant cope well with the vet and my little dog..

Nikki I know how you felt...I love Weezie so much...I cant let go........ill cry already so off I go to get busy...thank you guys again for being there......flower,

Flower why things happen when they do is beyond me....Yes I did go thru this in December and it was rough, remember that it is okay to gieve, cry, get mad, holler.....it hurts like nothing else.  Please give yourself permission to feel the loss.

Your family is feeling this too so you are not alone in your home.  It is pure, unadulterated love with not strings attached.  Only with a pet.

You have this site, the ladies on FB to talk to, cry with and just vent.....you are a strong woman.  And if you don't feel strong, your not supposed to at this time.

Many hugs ladybug:)

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa