flower switched to liquid celexa

flower

Nikki there are other antibiotics for UTI.They don't have to use Cipro.. Hang in there. I will never take that drug again. I had very dark thoughts and thats not me..

C/T Celexa and Trazadone on Jan.29th 2014
Prescribed 1mg of Klonopin every 6 hours on Jan.29th
Began tapering Klonopin April 18th..stretching time between doses...at first one hour for 2 weeks then a half hour for app.10 days then another half hour 10days later.
Presently at .25 three times a day..6 2 and 10pm. Trying to stabilize.
Also still taking gabapentin 300mgs 2xs a day..

Oh such an anxiety ridden morning. I sure hope I settle into this gabapentin soon. I'm symptomatic all the time now. Just feeling sick. I really don't want to switch again back to the other brand. Yuk!

Began tapering Klonopin April 18th..stretching time between doses...at first one hour for 2 weeks then a half hour for app.10 days then another half hour 10days later.

Thinking of you, sweet flower ..:)

Sending you thoughts of healing., and wellness. xx

Lexi

Hello,
I am tapering Lorazepam, and my daily dose is 1.125 mgs.

I followed a long hold for 5 months, ( Nov-March 2019) hoping to find some stability, 

but it did not work. So I resumed my taper and hold pattern.
For the last 3 years, I have been using a daily microtaper, cutting .001mgs per day, with holds as needed.
Symptoms are head pressure, labored breathing, palpitations, abrupt surges of dizziness, this being my worst symptom for now, internal tremors, my latest nemesis, unsteadiness, anxiety, plus many other symptoms that cycle in, and cycle out consistently. Not a day passes, without grief :(

I take no other meds.

January 2013 - 15 day quick taper off 10 mgs of Lexapro, and 25 mgs of Sertraline,

at a detox clinic.

Thanks Lexi..I hope you got some rest...I spoke with the Doc about the gabapentin and she said it may be time to go to the brand Neurontin to see if side effects ease. I'm not so sure this isn't WD from one brand to another. This is the typical Wd symptoms I've had so many times. The anxiety is constant again,sweating ,thinking constantly,worrying about how I'm going to cope with this again. Sorry to whine when so many are in so much more misery than me. I will wait until my appt to reassess the situation. I do know this new brand, Actavis does not help pain like the Amneal did. There has to be a difference in the active ingredient for one to the other. The pharma. denied it though. He said that's the law!

Another few days pass and I'm still adjusting to this new brand of gabapentin. Thinking of going to the Brand name drug Neurontin to see if there are less side effects. Any input on Neurontin would be appreciated. The switches the Pharm. made have been devastating to me. Vertigo,dizzy, tingling burning...The good side is the tinnitus is much better? The tummy ache is gone. I sleep 6 solid hours. A few here believe this brand was a step down and I'm WDing from the gaba. That makes sense.

What side effects are we to tolerate until they subside? I also wonder what exactly the drop in dose was from the brand Sun then Amneal then Actavis...That should be illegal to make that many switches..I'll reconsider 90 day supplies.

Flower I have a friend who was a drug rep for years and her husband a pharmacist. She explained to me that there are differences from manufacturer to manufacturer.

In my own experience when on Paxil I could not take generic.

In other words, you can go from generic to brand, but not from brand to generic with alot of drugs, more specifically AD's.

Hugs

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

• Moderator Emeritus

HTML strikes again.. mods, please maybe delete this post.

As always, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! A proud supporter of the 10% (or slower) rule.

Requip - 3/16 ZERO  Total time on 25 years.

Lyrica: 8/15 ZERO Total time on 7 or 8 yrs.

BENZO FREE 10/13 (started tapering 7/10)  Total time on 25 years.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

• Moderator Emeritus

Lynn,I appreciate the input.This is making me crazy. The vistiril last night helped some.I only took 25 mgs.I think you are right about the Actavis being a step down and WD. The switching is good idea. The tinnitus is much less on this brand. That started in Dec.I get a 90 day supply so I was stuck for a while when they substituted..I think I'll go back to a 30 day script.And pay more attention.. They switched so many times I can't make sense of it all other than I haven't felt well . The ear pressure makes me crazy..Side effect of gaba I see. I've considered a switch to another drug but I have no idea. Topamax? Right now vertigo and dizzy is an issue. I can't remember what I went to the kitchen for...What side effects should pass when starting a new drug? Gaba was the first drug I was given. I never did adjust.They added Prozac and Trazadone. I've fought hard to get off alot of meds and stay off. Now I need to deal with this Gaba. I worry I will die like this! My mother did. She was sick until the end.There were so many meds we couldn't help her. I wish I had come here earlier. Isn't gaba suppose to calm me down? Taking that crap is like taking LSD. I don't want to take more. Is dosing the same with neuronin? I see you take Lyrica? Any problems?

Whoosh... take a deep breath!

1) Neurontin is gabapentin. Neurontin is the BRAND name, while gabapentin is the GENERIC name. Different companies offer the generic, but the quality control is not as good the BRAND, which you just found out. IMHO, you would be best to switch to Neurontin, and stagger as I suggested if you have the capsules to do so.

2) I can't follow which companies manufactured the gabapentin caps you are on.. whether Activas was the one that gave you the problems when you switched, or if it was another, I think you took two different generics? (You may be confusing brand names with the generic name drugs... all are gabapentin... Activas makes the generic gabapentin, while Neurontin is made by Pfizer. Activas and Pfizer are drug companies.)

3) Lyrica is often prescribed instead of neurontin because it is said to have fewer side effects. I'm not sure about that... you need to ask Alto on that one.

4) Don't switch anything until you stabilize. And if you do, a change to Lyrica would probably be the better choice.. again, this is Alto territory. The only thing I can say here is Topamax is a very different drug.

5) You sound like you are in a minor panic. Again, take a deep breath... and, were I you, and I can only speak for myself here.. I'd switch to neruontin which is gabapentin, same as Activas, but has more quality control. Then wait at least a couple of mos., maybe 3 or 4.. and revisit whether you want to switch to something like Lyrica. And you need to know a switch would probably be bumpy. But that is then, and for now.. take another deep breath.

6) I'm sorry to hear about your mother. Sounds like she had a dreadful time, but you are NOT your mother.

7) "Right now vertigo and dizzy is an issue. I can't remember what I went to the kitchen for...What side effects should pass when starting a new drug? Gaba was the first drug I was given. I never did adjust."

I need to reread your thread on all the different meds, and why you were given them.. what you are still on. But you cannot do more than one at a time. The issue now is to stabilize on gabapentin... yes? And from your narrative, I can't tell which side effects preceded the change in gabapentin, and which started after. Gabapentin does have side effects, quite a few I think, or Lyrica (the generic name for Lyrica is prebablin, Lyrica being the band name) would not have been developed. One of the problems I have from Lyrica is short term memory issues. Rhi found they pass when going off.. I think it was gabapentin she was on. But first things first, and you need to stabilize!

One other.. Alto told me a much lower dose of Lyrica would have helped with the type of pain I take it for. The same may be true for you with gabapentin. But again.. get a plan and stay with it until you are stable. You are doing really well.. though I'm sure it does not seem so at present. Great job with the aspartame...

Skyler

I saw this after you posted above..

What side effects are we to tolerate until they subside? I also wonder what exactly the drop in dose was from the brand Sun then Amneal then Actavis...That should be illegal to make that many switches..I'll reconsider 90 day supplies.

I think what you are having is WD as opposed to a side effect.. WD is what happens when a dose is reduced, as opposed to side effects, which are when the dose is the same. So you were on gabapentin made by THREE different companies that make 'generics'.. wow. No wonder your system is confused. I would still go to neurontin because the pharmacy could swap out generics at any time (regardless of what the phramacist says.. what he gives you is only constant as long as the same drug is in stock), whenever the main corporate HQ change what they order.. Neuronitn will remain same as it's the brand name drug for gabapentin.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

Thinking of you sweet flower.

I am sorry you are going through issues, but it will get better, it always does ..

Sending you much love and many hugs :)

And keep walking Flower ..we have to keep walking ..

xx. Lexi

Hello,
I am tapering Lorazepam, and my daily dose is 1.125 mgs.

I followed a long hold for 5 months, ( Nov-March 2019) hoping to find some stability, 

but it did not work. So I resumed my taper and hold pattern.
For the last 3 years, I have been using a daily microtaper, cutting .001mgs per day, with holds as needed.
Symptoms are head pressure, labored breathing, palpitations, abrupt surges of dizziness, this being my worst symptom for now, internal tremors, my latest nemesis, unsteadiness, anxiety, plus many other symptoms that cycle in, and cycle out consistently. Not a day passes, without grief :(

I take no other meds.

January 2013 - 15 day quick taper off 10 mgs of Lexapro, and 25 mgs of Sertraline,

at a detox clinic.

Another few days pass and I'm still adjusting to this new brand of gabapentin. Thinking of going to the Brand name drug Neurontin to see if there are less side effects. Any input on Neurontin would be appreciated. The switches the Pharm. made have been devastating to me. Vertigo,dizzy, tingling burning...The good side is the tinnitus is much better? The tummy ache is gone. I sleep 6 solid hours. A few here believe this brand was a step down and I'm WDing from the gaba. That makes sense.

Hi Flower, If you are not allready doing so I would take 2 Epsom Salts full body soakes with 4 cups epsom salts and 1 cup baking soda a day or at least ane bath a day, it may take servral days for this to help you feel better but you should feel somewhat better soon if not right away. Magnesium Chloride would work even better substitute the Magnesium Chloride for Epsom Salts you need to only put 2 cups Magnesium Chloride because it has much more magnesium available. This could settle you down and is good for you anyway.

Sounds like the brand you are taking now is more potent than the last brand you were taking. Taking the neurontin (brand name) seems like a good idea, at least you will know you are getting the real deal.

I hate to admit it, but I worked for a pharmaceutical company at one time. I would pay for brand name Neurontin if I were in your shoes. For one thing, the inactive ingredients are probably not the same. Given how it has affected you, I'll stop here and keep it simple. But if that doesn't work, you may have to ask the pharmacy to find out which generic manufacturer made the drug that worked for you and order some more for you.

For others reading, generics are usually okay, but obviously not always.

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Zyprexa started about 9/06, mostly 5mg. Tapered 4/12 through12/29/12

Wellbutrin. XL 300 mg started 1/07, tapered 1/18/13 through 7/8/13

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

7.4.14 Started Walsh Protocol

56 years old

I hate to admit it, but I worked for a pharmaceutical company at one time. I would pay for brand name Neurontin if I were in your shoes. For one thing, the inactive ingredients are probably not the same. Given how it has affected you, I'll stop here and keep it simple. But if that doesn't work, you may have to ask the pharmacy to find out which generic manufacturer made the drug that worked for you and order some more for you.

For others reading, generics are usually okay, but obviously not always.

You wouldn't think inactive ingredients would cause this many issues? Thanks for the input.

I've been on 300 mgs 2xs a day of gabapentin for about 3 years. Never upped the dose . I took the generic Activis in the past , I asked to try it again since I was was having so many problems when the pharma switched generics on me.I didn't realize there would be so much WD or side effects from a change in generics. I assume all this will settle down. Gabapentin is suppose to have a low side effect profile? Maybe not. I will discuss the neurontin with Doc on the 10th. It's hard to tell if this is WD or just side effects. This drug is not easy.

• Moderator Emeritus

It's hard to tell if this is WD or just side effects. This drug is not easy.

Flower.. What makes you think you are having side effects as opposed to WD?

Skyler I don't really know if this is WD or side effects.I guess because the symptoms are so evident immediately after I take the drug I thought it would be side effects.. I see gaba is short acting. I started the Greenstone gaba last night. I didn't feel very well this morning. I'm going to assume it's a little stronger and hope it helps. I don't like the previous generic so I don't if I should alternate the  two drugs . I see Doc  on the 10th.She said if this doesn't work we will make another plan. I looked at Tapering just in case. My ears are still ringing..Did not sleep well. . Doc did say ,she believes the differences in generics could be as much as 25% ? Do you believe that? The pharma. said the Greenstone is very close to neurontin? I don't trust any of them anymore. I get better info here from you people. I can't imagine taking alot of this stuff.

I hope you are having better days.

Where did the home page go?

I hate to admit it, but I worked for a pharmaceutical company at one time. I would pay for brand name Neurontin if I were in your shoes. For one thing, the inactive ingredients are probably not the same. Given how it has affected you, I'll stop here and keep it simple. But if that doesn't work, you may have to ask the pharmacy to find out which generic manufacturer made the drug that worked for you and order some more for you.For others reading, generics are usually okay, but obviously not always.

I wanted to thank you for the info. I started greenstone gaba last night. I'm ready to give the stuff up and go back to narcotics for pain. I'll give this a go for a week and see if I can tolerate it then I don't know what to do. I was told this is about the same as neurontin but I know how they fib.

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

56 years old

Thanks Meim. I read that article. I have an overuse injury to my feet that started with kickboxing. I switched again,to the new generic yesterday. I hope this works. I don't want to switch meds for the 5th time. I'm nutz now! lol.. This gapentin is worse than when I got off Ativan. I'm getting a rash and itchy already. Great. I'll still try to tough it out until the 10th..I see Doc then.If it's a problem I'll have to make another plan. I hope we find some peace today.

• Moderator Emeritus

I hope you find peace as well Flower.. you have earned that and and more....

I can't believe the difference between brands of the same med..I don't know if this is a good thing or not. I forget how it is to feel normal. I'm glad I don't take alot of this drug,I couldn't imagine. It has helped the pain though. Now if I can get the head stuff under control I'll be okay.  I hate feeling like this. On the edge of something but not quite sure what???

Flower,

I just read about your struggle with generics and empathize very much! I've been through this with both Klonopin (clonazepam) and trazodone (brand is no longer made). I now pay for the brand Klonopin. My doctor specifies "brand only / do not substitute" on prescription and pharmacy has it in my file. I just started getting a 90 day supply. It's more expensive (insurance covers at lower rate), but worth it since I had to take a higher dose of clonazepam (generic of Klonopin) to stop my nighttime bruxism which leaves me with disabling headaches.

After months of frustration, i found a pharmacy (Kroger chain of stores) that carries a decent generic trazodone made by Mutual Pharma. I have to drive about 30 miles each way, but get a 90 day supply so it's not too often. My doctor specifies the generic by Mutual Pharma on prescription.

It is true that the active ingredient in generics can vary by a certain percentage from the brand. I believe it is 20% +/- from active ingredient in original brand. I didn't see that quoted in the link above, only that it is NOT 45%. How to spin a story!

I hope you get this settled soon, flower. Each switch is obviously wreaking havoc with you. The generic made by the manufacturer of the brand Neurontin should be the best most similar. They do that to save business when patent expires.

I suggest enlisting your doctor's help in getting the brand Neurontin by specifying on prescription or writing a letter of medical necessity to insurance company in hopes that they cover the brand.

The Peoples' Pharmacy website has an ongoing discussion about generic problems.

I hope you feel better soon, Flower.

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

• Moderator Emeritus

Flower,It is true that the active ingredient in generics can vary by a certain percentage from the brand. I believe it is 20% +/- from active ingredient in original brand. I didn't see that quoted in the link above, only that it is NOT 45%. How to spin a story!I hope you get this settled soon, flower. Each switch is obviously wreaking havoc with you. The generic made by the manufacturer of the brand Neurontin should be the best most similar. They do that to save business when patent expires.I suggest enlisting your doctor's help in getting the brand Neurontin by specifying on prescription or writing a letter of medical necessity to insurance company in hopes that they cover the brand.The Peoples' Pharmacy website has an ongoing discussion about generic problems.

That's good stuff Barb, thanks.. I too liked the part about not 45%.  Really.. they did not refer to the 40% allowable by law.  How curious!

I did not know the Brand name made generics to save profits when the brand expires.. How to corner the market.

Thanks for the tip about the People's Pharmacy

Skyler

Thank you Barb I'm having a bad time..I take Trazadone by Teva.I hope they don't change that again too. They have in the past. I got the Greenstone

generic and became so depressed all I did was cry all day and the pain was increasing. I gave it 4 days and went back to the Activis and Amneal

generics until I talk to Doc tomorrow. I alternate them and hope to switch to the one I took the longest in a few days? I don't know what to do. 45%

really? Doc told me last week the difference could be 25%? I Don't know if I've been in WD or what but the change in the generics set off something

I can't seem to stop.The pain is better than the side effects at this point. The Pharmacy denies the 25% differences in these meds. I can't afford the

Brand drug. I'm afraid of the depression that comes when I switch.Maybe this is something that would pass? I think of all sorts of death and dark stuff.

I will have to make a decision soon.The Pharmacy said once I get to a place I can handle this they will not switch again. I'm going to make them leave

my other drugs alone too. This gaba is effecting my whole being right now. I have had blurry vision a rash on my feet again ear pressure. I don't know

what should pass or how long to wait. I never thought Celexa would be on the back burner. I'm so itchy after only 2 days back on the other generics.I

am trying to go back to the one I took the longest by alternating the Activis generic and the Amneal. The tinnitus has lessened??? I don't recall being

being so sad even WDing from Celexa. I cried but I didn't think about death and these dark thoughts  like this. Soooo people I'm alternating both

generics right now.The Amneal and the Activis. I don't know if this is a good idea or not.I have to choose one soon and stick it out.I am confused about the side effects from

each at this point. I've tried Greenstone,Amneal,Sun,Activis....The Greenstone is the one that helped the anxiety more  and the sleep was better but I

was so sad.Should I give the Greenstone a longer try? Pfizer makes the Greenstone.and the Neurontin Brand. Barb mentions the Greenstone would

be the closest to the Brand drug.

I'm trying to space correctly..Forgive me this morning I'm off a little. I'd appreciate any help on which of these to take...I can't say any helped me

much mentally.

The Neurontin is between 300.00 and 400.00 a month.The copay I have would be alsmost 200.00..I cannot affaord that.The other generics are

10.00 a month.

• Moderator Emeritus

The Neurontin is between 300.00 and 400.00 a month.The copay I have would be alsmost 200.00..I cannot affaord that.The other generics are

10.00 a month.

Your doc can submit a request to your insurance with the reason she thinks you need the Brand Name Neurontin, that the generics are not working, that you have tried 3 different generics, etc..  You have a good case given all the problems you have had. I don't think your doc has done that. I helped my Dad go thru the process for another drug and it was not really a big deal, the insurance company said they would pay for the Brand given the circumstances.  It sounds like the only consideration you get now is the ins. company subtracts what they allow for generics from the price you pay for the Brand Name.  If you are approved by them for the Brand Name, the price will fall to same or close to what you pay for the generic.  Sigh, or maybe you end up paying that much with the approval.  ARGH, our medical system is the PITS!

BTW.. you mentioned Lyrica..  that is something Alto needs to respond to.  It's not the same and cross tapering onto that would not be so easy.  Also, you mentioned the pain increasing when you tried to go on.. that could have been because you had rebound pain from the gabapentin leaving your system, and Lyrica may take as much as 2 to 3 weeks before it kicks in.

Skyler

PS.. Barb, you might be able to address this more clearly?

• Moderator Emeritus

10.00 a month.

Your doc can submit a request to your insurance with the reason she thinks you need the Brand Name Neurontin, that the generics are not working, that you have tried 3 different generics, etc..  You have a good case given all the problems you have had. 

My doc. did this for me for Lexapro. First it was because it was the only AD that "worked" and then later, when the generic came out and it didn't work , he did it so that the insurance co. would pay a portion of the cost. The problem with that though , is that even WITH the insurance contributution to the brand name lexapro, it still costs over $450 for a 90 day supply!! 

I get around this by buying from Canada. Luckily the Lexapro I get from Canada is the same chemically ( It's made in Turkey & you have to be careful with this) and it only costs me $141 for a 90 day supply. 

I use Blue Sky drug from Canada. So far it has worked out.Good lick!

RU

Fall 1995 xanax, zoloft. switched to Serzone

1996- spring 2003serzone/ xanax/ lightbox.

b]Fall 2003- Fall 2004? Lexapro 10 mg. Light box /4 mg. xanax.[/b]

2004 - Fall of 2009 10 mg Lex, 150 mg Wellbutrin XL % 4 mg xanax

November 2009- Sept. 2011 10 mg lex., 300 Well. XL, 4 mg Xanax [/b

Sept.2012- July 2012 20 mg Lex 300 Well. XL, 4 mg Xanax

My mantra " go slow & with the flow "

3/2/13.. Began equal dosing 5 Xs /day xanax, while simultaneously incorporating a 2.5 % drop ( from 3.5 mg/day to 3.4 mg/day)

4/6/13 dropped from 300 mg. Wellbutrin XL to 150 mg. Difficult but DONE! Down to 3.3 mg xanax/ day / 6/10/13 3 mg xanax/day; 7/15/2013 2.88mg xanax/day.

10/ 1/2013...... 2.5 mg xanax… ( switched to tablets again) WOO HOO!!!!!! Holding here… cont. with Lexapro.

1/ 2/2014.. tapered to 18mg ( by weight) of a 26 mg ( by weight) pill of 20 mg tab. lexapro. goal is 13mg (by weight OR 10 mg by ingredient content) and STOPPED. Feeling very down with unbalanced, unpredictable WD symptoms.

1/2/2014- ??? Taking a brain-healing break from tapering anything after actively tapering something for 1.5 years. So… daily doses as of 2/2/2014: 18 mg by weight Lex, 150 mg Well. XL, 2.5 mg xanax, down from 26 mg by weight Lex., 300 mg well. XL, 4 mg xanax in August, 2012. I'll take it. :) 5/8/14 started equivalent dose liquid./ tabs. 5/13/14 1.5 % cut.

The other option would be to try the same brand generic that worked for you before.

56 years old

The other option would be to try the same brand generic that worked for you before.

Good suggestion, Meimei.The problem I've had with this is that pharmacies can only get what their wholesaler has in stock which is usually the most recent best deal. They can't order direct from a generic house. Also, the generic houses are merging and buying each other out recently. If both make same generic, they drop one and makes it difficult to find the same version month after month. I always note the shape and identifying markings on pill for this reason. The pharmacies can pull up pics of pills on computer. Sorry to hijack your thread, flower. This topic probably deserves its own thread.

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

I can't remember ever being well taking this drug. I've been tapering drugs since this started. I think I need to pick one and stay with it ..Thanks guys for the input. I need this drug to work for me..I wasn't bargaining on the baggage it carries though. I know Doc is going to mention Lyrica since I can't afford the Neurontin.

Do you think there is anything you could do to get to the bottom of the injury? A good PT, Chiro trained in whole body, cold laser, anti-inflammatory diet? You can tell how I drive my family crazy....acceptance is not a place I go to easily.

56 years old

I can't remember ever being well taking this drug. I've been tapering drugs since this started. I think I need to pick one and stay with it ..Thanks guys for the input. I need this drug to work for me..I wasn't bargaining on the baggage it carries though. I know Doc is going to mention Lyrica since I can't afford the Neurontin.

Flower,Forgive me for coming late to this discussion...By your first statement above, do you mean that Neurontin /gabapentin never helped you for pain? I recall you mentioning going back to opiates for pain control. Were you stable and feel better then?

Do you think there is anything you could do to get to the bottom of the injury? A good PT, Chiro trained in whole body, cold laser, anti-inflammatory diet? You can tell how I drive my family crazy....acceptance is not a place I go to easily.

Meim...I did that,therapy, shots, wrapping of the feet..It's not as bad as it use to be so I imagine the gaba may be of some benefit.I've never upped the dose for fear of being were I'm at now.

Flower,Forgive me for coming late to this discussion...By your first statement above, do you mean that Neurontin /gabapentin never helped you for pain? I recall you mentioning going back to opiates for pain control. Were you stable and feel better then?

I'm afraid if I can't get the gaba to settle down I'll have to go back to the vicodin..And I sure felt better but they are short acting and the tolerance builds fast.I'm very frightened of what will happen if I taper gaba.I can not take alot of pain again.

• Moderator Emeritus

Flower.. if gaba was effective, Lyrica should help. They work on pain in very similar ways. You were not on Lyrica long enough for it to kick in. Given the doc apt is today, I would be most concerned about him giving you a script for Lyrica and cross tapering too fast.  All that said, there are options other than vicodin which has a short half life, and which builds tolerance quickly.

its crazy vicoden is illegal here, its a class A drug same as cociane, heroin and ecstacy etc, if you were found with it, you are in big trouble, its classed as a class A because of how addictive it is...not available anywhere, prescription or no, and illegal to import, ifI was to try and get some off the internet I would go to jail! ugh!

damaged by citalopram - severe suffering for 3 years now...no improvement

akathsiia, pgad, dp/dr, terror, and so SO many more daily

severly disabled and lost everything

I have buckets of vicodin...I just don't take them. Doc wants me to try to switch to the Greenstone generic using the Actavis also.I took the Greenstone last night and already my feet are cranky. I will give this a shot. The other option is to taper and use Lyrica.

I assume it just the change in the drug and the pain will ease. Surely since the Greenstone is the most like the Neurontin it will be the best for the feet?

I'll have to keep notes,I can't remember anything. I do know one of them makes me sweat alot and bothers the gut. The Amneal.

I'm down to 3 generics ...Amneal,Actavis and Greenstone...lol  I hope I don't go crazy..this stuff messes with your head.

The stuff makes me manic..Someone descibe manic for me please? Hyperactive?

Doc  said once I settle she will make sure the brands will not be changed on any of these meds. She really does try to help. She does not push meds on me either.

There seems to be a pattern to the side effects. I will be sobbing in a bout 3 days..

I asked what side effects are to be tolerated for a bit,She said not the depression and sobbing..What will happen to me next. I pray alot these days.

Doc is constantly asking me if I feel safe.I would never tell,I'm afraid of being hospitalized.She belives I am not absorbing the meds the same is what is happening?