flower switched to liquid celexa

flower

• Moderator Emeritus

Flower,

I'm so sorry this is happening to you! It's a shame we are put through such hell as this because we took or consumed something we 'thought' was safe and harmless.

My sleep is not great, either, so I feel for any and all who are lacking. :(

Lack of sleep seems to have hit us all like a terrible storm! I've even heard some people that are not in WD complaining, recently, about trouble sleeping. Very strange...

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm feeling your pain Flower.

So sorry you've had this to add to your other troubles. You were doing really well before the whole diet pop debacle(:

July 2001 prescribed 20mg citalopram for depression;
On and off meds from 2003-2006.
February 2006 back on 20mg citalopram and stayed on it until my last attempt at tapering in September 2011.
By far the worst withdrawal symptoms ever. Reinstated to 20mg citalopram
October 2012 - found this forum!
Nov 2012 to Feb 2013 did 10% taper, got doen to 11mg - was going great until stressful situation. Cortisol levels hit the roof, hideous insomnia forced me to updose to 20mg.
March 2016 - close to 100% back to normal!

****** I am not a medical practitioner, any advice I give comes from my own experience or reading and is only my perspective ******

Thanks guys for the thoughts. No sleep again. Anxiety is in the background all the time now, I read about the detox centers for aspartame..Good grief this stuff causes siezures. I can't count how many times I've gone without soda for a few days and not realized the WD..I wish there was something to help..You guys help alot. I have to do this. I'm so nauseated this morning...It will be hard to make the next few weeks like this knowing a couple Diet Cokes will make it stop. I've been drinking a vitamin water with b vitamins in it. I think I'll go back to water to see if the insomnia eases..Reading alot I've realized how serious this can be. If you drink alot of aspartame please beware. It interacts with most meds from what I've read. These amino acids can make you crazy.

C/T Celexa and Trazadone on Jan.29th 2014
Prescribed 1mg of Klonopin every 6 hours on Jan.29th
Began tapering Klonopin April 18th..stretching time between doses...at first one hour for 2 weeks then a half hour for app.10 days then another half hour 10days later.
Presently at .25 three times a day..6 2 and 10pm. Trying to stabilize.
Also still taking gabapentin 300mgs 2xs a day..

Hi Flower, Basil told me to read your thread because you have had issues like mine. I have been struggling for 8 weeks on 50mgs zoloft & I dont want to increase...I want off but my anxiety is pretty bad

I have huge side effects whenever I increase, I get this burning feeling in my back & arms, dizzy, head feels SOOOOOOO weird like I have a tumor or something and my gut oh my...found out that I am now gluten/dairy intolerant so I am week 2 of being Gluten/dairy free

I am having a endoscopy done on Tuesday because I have lost so much weight...no appetite and gut hurts..I belch constantly like a truck driver

oh my I am truely a mess

so I skipped over some of the posts...are you still at 7.5mgs celexa? how long have you been where you are?

hope we can encourage one another

2006-2012 50mgs zoloft
skipped doses every other day for a year and started having anxiety again in March 2012
back on at 50mgs Dec 2013
started taper from benzos April 2014 per Heather Ashton method (c/o from kpin to diazepam)
March 2015 started 1.25mg lorazepam
Tapered off Zoloft in May off in 4 weeks...5 weeks later crashing AGAIN. Dr wanted to start Gabapentin tried it 7 days
Symptoms :burning eyes, anxiety, pounding heart, dizzy, strange head feeling, internal shaking, Overall UNWELL
Taking lorazepam 1.25mg daily

Lainey ...I updosed to 10 mgs a few months ago and am trying to stabilize. My problem is my Doc told me stop the Diet pop and I'm WDing from aspartame right now. I had to actually taper the stuff. It's made me very ill. While I was tapering Celexa I had alot of burning in my neck and shoulders. It stopped when I updosed the last time. So I wait for this WD to stop so I can continue this journey. Apparently aspartame really effects dopamine..If you drink enough sweetners you will suffer somewhere down the road. The list of side effects is startling..Yes we can encourage each other.That's what we are here for. I wouldn't be surprised if the Celexa WD is not helping the situation beings it been 3 months.

I attended a funeral yesterday for a friend 38 years old. He had an extensive past of heavy meds and mental illnes since he was young. .We talked about how sick he felt all the time.. The changes to his meds were constant it seemed. Nothing helped. His dad told me his meds were changed again the day before his death..I was so sad. He had 4 children. I will cry for him all day..There was an autopsy..I will post the news when his dad calls me.

Began tapering Klonopin April 18th..stretching time between doses...at first one hour for 2 weeks then a half hour for app.10 days then another half hour 10days later.

OH my!!!! so young! I new a young man in his thirties who suffered terribly with mental illness & jumped off a bridge two months ago leaving a ten yr old son. It was horrible the way they kept changing his meds and upping doses and adding to what he already took.

Please keep us posted

2006-2012 50mgs zoloft
skipped doses every other day for a year and started having anxiety again in March 2012
back on at 50mgs Dec 2013
started taper from benzos April 2014 per Heather Ashton method (c/o from kpin to diazepam)
March 2015 started 1.25mg lorazepam
Tapered off Zoloft in May off in 4 weeks...5 weeks later crashing AGAIN. Dr wanted to start Gabapentin tried it 7 days
Symptoms :burning eyes, anxiety, pounding heart, dizzy, strange head feeling, internal shaking, Overall UNWELL
Taking lorazepam 1.25mg daily

There seems to be alot more people noticing this site. Alto ,one day you are going to be famous.. Is it my imagination or is Celexa mentioned alot here.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Flower,

I'm so sorry about the death of your friend. It's been really tough for me to deal with death while I've been I WD. For 18 months, I knew eight or nine people that passed. I couldn't get over one before it would happen again.

I hope you're having a better day, today.

I saw my therapist today ,we chatted about the aspartame. Ironically she stopped an addiction to chewing gum about 2 weeks ago. We have very similar issues. She was losing her hair and went through a period where she couldn't get off the couch..Alot of thyroid problems also. She'll do some investigating to see what foods will help this. She too has had periods of anxiety. Today I cry..Yay The depression is kicking my butt. I'll not go back.

Flower this was on my FB page and there wasn't a link to post. Soooo I have to post the whole story. My God what a Sweet Killer this stuff is:

Sweet KILLER.

"In October of 2001, my sister started getting very sick She had stomach spasms and she was having a hard time getting around. Walking was a major chore. It took everything she had just to get out of bed; she was in so much pain.

By March 2002, she had undergone several tissue and muscle biopsies and was on 24 various prescription medications. The doctors could not determine what was wrong with her. She was in so much pain, and so sick she just knew she was dying.

She put her house, bank accounts, life insurance, etc., in her oldest daughter's name, and made sure that her younger children were to be taken care of.

She also wanted her last hooray, so she planned a trip to Florida (basically in a wheelchair) for March 22nd.

On March 19, I called her to ask how her most recent tests went, and she said they didn't find anything on the test, but they believe she had MS.

I recalled an article a friend of mine e-mailed to me and I asked my sister if she drank diet soda? She told me that she did. As a matter of fact, she was getting ready to crack one open that moment.

I told her not to open it, and to stop drinking the diet soda! I e-mailed her an article my friend, a lawyer, had sent. My sister called me within 32 hours after our phone conversation and told me she had stopped drinking the diet soda AND she could walk! The muscle spasms went away. She said she didn't feel 100% but, she sure felt a lot better.

She told me she was going to her doctor with this article and would call me when she got home.

Well, she called me, and said her doctor was amazed! He is going to call all of his MS patients to find out if they consumed artificial sweeteners of any kind. In a nutshell, she was being poisoned by the Aspartame in the diet soda.. and literally dying a slow and miserable death

When she got to Florida March 22, all she had to take was one pill, and that was a pill for the Aspartame poisoning! She is well on her way to a complete recovery. And she is walking! No wheelchair! This article saved her life.If it says 'SUGAR FREE' on the label; DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!I have spent several days lecturing at the WORLD ENVIRONMENTAL CONFERENCE on 'ASPARTAME,' marketed as'Nutra Sweet,' 'Equal,' and 'Spoonful.'In the keynote address by the EPA, it was announced that in the United States in 2001 there is an epidemic of multiple sclerosis and systemic lupus. It was difficult to determine exactly what toxin was causing this to be rampant. I stood up and said that I was there to lecture on exactly that subject.

I will explain why Aspartame is so dangerous: When the temperature of this sweetener exceeds 86 degrees F, the wood alcohol in ASPARTAME converts to formaldehyde and then to formic acid, which in turn causes metabolic acidosis. Formic acid is the poison found in the sting of fire ants. The methanol toxicity mimics, among other conditions, multiple sclerosis and systemic lupus.

Many people were being diagnosed in error. Although multiple sclerosis is not a death sentence, Methanol toxicity is!

Systemic lupus has become almost as rampant as multiple sclerosis, especially with Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi drinkers.The victim usually does not know that the Aspartame is the culprit. He or she continues its use; irritating the lupus to such a degree that it may become a life-threatening condition. We have seen patients with systemic lupus become asymptotic, once taken off diet sodas.

In cases of those diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis, most of the symptoms disappear. We've seen many cases where vision loss returned and hearing loss improved markedly.

This also applies to cases of tinnitus and fibromyalgia. During a lecture, I said, 'If you are using ASPARTAME (Nutra Sweet, Equal, Spoonful, etc) and you suffer from fibromyalgia symptoms, spasms, shooting, pains, numbness in your legs,

Cramps,

Vertigo,

Dizziness,

Headaches,

Tinnitus,

Joint pain,

Unexplainable depression, anxiety attacks, slurred speech, blurred vision, or memory loss you probably have ASPARTAME poisoning!' People were jumping up during the lecture saying,'I have some of these symptoms. Is it reversible?'

Yes!

Yes!

Yes!

STOP drinking diet sodas and be alert for Aspartame on food labels! Many products are fortified with it! This is a serious problem. Dr. Espart (one of my speakers) remarked that so many people seem to be symptomatic for MS and during his recent visit to a hospice; a nurse stated that six of her friends, who were heavy Diet Coke addicts, had all been diagnosed with MS. This is beyond coincidence!

Diet soda is NOT a diet product! It is a chemically altered, multiple SODIUM (salt) and ASPARTAME containing product that actually makes you crave carbohydrates.

It is far more likely to make you GAIN weight!

These products also contain formaldehyde, which stores in the fat cells, particularly in the hips and thighs. Formaldehyde is an absolute toxin and is used primarily to preserve 'tissue specimens.'

Many products we use every day contain this chemical but we SHOULD NOT store it IN our body!

Dr. H. J. Roberts stated in his lectures that once free of the 'diet products' and with no significant increase in exercise; his patients lost an average of 19 pounds over a trial period.Aspartame is especially dangerous for diabetics. We found that some physicians, who believed that they had a patient with retinopathy, in fact, had symptoms caused by Aspartame. The Aspartame drives the blood sugar out of control. Thus diabetics may suffer acute memory loss due to the fact that aspartic acid and phenylalanine are NEUROTOXIC when taken without the other amino acids necessary for a good balance.

Treating diabetes is all about BALANCE.. Especially with diabetics, the Aspartame passes the blood/brain barrier and it then deteriorates the neurons of the brain; causing various levels of brain damage, Seizures, Depression, Manic depression, Panic attacks, Uncontrollable anger and rage.Consumption of Aspartame causes these same symptoms in non-diabetics as well. Documentation and observation also reveal that thousands of children diagnosed with ADD and ADHD have had complete turnarounds in their behavior when these chemicals have been removed from their diet.

So called 'behavior modification prescription drugs' (Ritalin and others) are no longer needed.Truth be told, they were never NEEDED in the first place!Most of these children were being 'poisoned' on a daily basis with the very foods that were 'better for them than sugar.'It is also suspected that the Aspartame in thousands of pallets of diet Coke and diet Pepsi consumed by men and women fighting in the Gulf War, may be partially to blame for the well-known Gulf War Syndrome.

Dr. Roberts warns that it can cause birth defects, i.e. mental retardation, if taken at the time of conception and during early pregnancy. Children are especially at risk for neurological disorders and should NEVER be given artificial sweeteners.

There are many different case histories to relate of children suffering grand mal seizures and other neurological disturbances talking about a plague of neurological diseases directly caused by the use of this deadly poison.'

Herein lies the problem: There were Congressional Hearings when Aspartame was included in 100 different products and strong objection was made concerning its use. Since this initial hearing, there have been two subsequent hearings, and still nothing has been done. The drug and chemical lobbies have very deep pockets.

Sadly, MONSANTO'S patent on Aspartame has EXPIRED! There are now over 5,000 products on the market that contain this deadly chemical and there will be thousands more introduced. Everybody wants a 'piece of the Aspartame pie.'I assure you that MONSANTO, the creator of Aspartame, knows how deadly it is.

And isn't it ironic that MONSANTO funds, among others, the American Diabetes Association, the American Dietetic Association and the Conference of the American College of Physicians?

This has been recently exposed in the New York Times. These [organizations] cannot criticize any additives or convey their link to MONSANTO because they take money from the food industry and are required to endorse their products.Senator Howard Metzenbaum wrote and presented a bill that would require label warnings on products containing Aspartame, especially regarding pregnant women, children and infants.

The bill would also institute independent studies on the known dangers and the problems existing in the general population regarding seizures, changes in brain chemistry, neurological changes and behavioural symptoms.

The bill was killed.It is known that the powerful drug and chemical lobbies are responsible for this, letting loose the hounds of disease and death on an unsuspecting and uninformed public. Well, you're informed now!"

Like · · Share · about an hour ago ·

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

Yes I read this. This is such a big deal I don't why aspartame was finally passed to be marketed when it was turned down so many times. Big money I assume. I finally had a day with no nausea and dizziness..I slept last night.. What a blessing. After a 2 month taper and 2 weeks free of the stuff I saw a little improvement.. I see some take an amino acid supplement to try to keep WD at bay. I'm afraid to do that. So I stick it out. The WD is very real. I've had a big improvement in muscle pain also. Now for the head stuff to ease. That's the biggest issue right now. Tinnitus is ramped up this morning. The sun helped yesterday..Peace everyone.. By the way ...depression symptoms were much better.

Flower this was on my FB page and there wasn't a link to post. Soooo I have to post the whole story. My God what a Sweet Killer this stuff is:

Sweet KILLER.

"In October of 2001, my sister started getting very sick She had stomach spasms and she was having a hard time getting around. Walking was a major chore. It took everything she had just to get out of bed; she was in so much pain.

By March 2002, she had undergone several tissue and muscle biopsies and was on 24 various prescription medications. The doctors could not determine what was wrong with her. She was in so much pain, and so sick she just knew she was dying.

She put her house, bank accounts, life insurance, etc., in her oldest daughter's name, and made sure that her younger children were to be taken care of.

She also wanted her last hooray, so she planned a trip to Florida (basically in a wheelchair) for March 22nd.

On March 19, I called her to ask how her most recent tests went, and she said they didn't find anything on the test, but they believe she had MS.

I recalled an article a friend of mine e-mailed to me and I asked my sister if she drank diet soda? She told me that she did. As a matter of fact, she was getting ready to crack one open that moment.

I told her not to open it, and to stop drinking the diet soda! I e-mailed her an article my friend, a lawyer, had sent. My sister called me within 32 hours after our phone conversation and told me she had stopped drinking the diet soda AND she could walk! The muscle spasms went away. She said she didn't feel 100% but, she sure felt a lot better.

She told me she was going to her doctor with this article and would call me when she got home.

Well, she called me, and said her doctor was amazed! He is going to call all of his MS patients to find out if they consumed artificial sweeteners of any kind. In a nutshell, she was being poisoned by the Aspartame in the diet soda.. and literally dying a slow and miserable death

When she got to Florida March 22, all she had to take was one pill, and that was a pill for the Aspartame poisoning! She is well on her way to a complete recovery. And she is walking! No wheelchair! This article saved her life.If it says 'SUGAR FREE' on the label; DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!I have spent several days lecturing at the WORLD ENVIRONMENTAL CONFERENCE on 'ASPARTAME,' marketed as'Nutra Sweet,' 'Equal,' and 'Spoonful.'In the keynote address by the EPA, it was announced that in the United States in 2001 there is an epidemic of multiple sclerosis and systemic lupus. It was difficult to determine exactly what toxin was causing this to be rampant. I stood up and said that I was there to lecture on exactly that subject.

I will explain why Aspartame is so dangerous: When the temperature of this sweetener exceeds 86 degrees F, the wood alcohol in ASPARTAME converts to formaldehyde and then to formic acid, which in turn causes metabolic acidosis. Formic acid is the poison found in the sting of fire ants. The methanol toxicity mimics, among other conditions, multiple sclerosis and systemic lupus.

Many people were being diagnosed in error. Although multiple sclerosis is not a death sentence, Methanol toxicity is!

Systemic lupus has become almost as rampant as multiple sclerosis, especially with Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi drinkers.The victim usually does not know that the Aspartame is the culprit. He or she continues its use; irritating the lupus to such a degree that it may become a life-threatening condition. We have seen patients with systemic lupus become asymptotic, once taken off diet sodas.

In cases of those diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis, most of the symptoms disappear. We've seen many cases where vision loss returned and hearing loss improved markedly.

This also applies to cases of tinnitus and fibromyalgia. During a lecture, I said, 'If you are using ASPARTAME (Nutra Sweet, Equal, Spoonful, etc) and you suffer from fibromyalgia symptoms, spasms, shooting, pains, numbness in your legs,

Cramps,

Vertigo,

Dizziness,

Headaches,

Tinnitus,

Joint pain,

Unexplainable depression, anxiety attacks, slurred speech, blurred vision, or memory loss you probably have ASPARTAME poisoning!' People were jumping up during the lecture saying,'I have some of these symptoms. Is it reversible?'

Yes!

Yes!

Yes!

STOP drinking diet sodas and be alert for Aspartame on food labels! Many products are fortified with it! This is a serious problem. Dr. Espart (one of my speakers) remarked that so many people seem to be symptomatic for MS and during his recent visit to a hospice; a nurse stated that six of her friends, who were heavy Diet Coke addicts, had all been diagnosed with MS. This is beyond coincidence!

Diet soda is NOT a diet product! It is a chemically altered, multiple SODIUM (salt) and ASPARTAME containing product that actually makes you crave carbohydrates.

It is far more likely to make you GAIN weight!

These products also contain formaldehyde, which stores in the fat cells, particularly in the hips and thighs. Formaldehyde is an absolute toxin and is used primarily to preserve 'tissue specimens.'

Many products we use every day contain this chemical but we SHOULD NOT store it IN our body!

Dr. H. J. Roberts stated in his lectures that once free of the 'diet products' and with no significant increase in exercise; his patients lost an average of 19 pounds over a trial period.Aspartame is especially dangerous for diabetics. We found that some physicians, who believed that they had a patient with retinopathy, in fact, had symptoms caused by Aspartame. The Aspartame drives the blood sugar out of control. Thus diabetics may suffer acute memory loss due to the fact that aspartic acid and phenylalanine are NEUROTOXIC when taken without the other amino acids necessary for a good balance.

Treating diabetes is all about BALANCE.. Especially with diabetics, the Aspartame passes the blood/brain barrier and it then deteriorates the neurons of the brain; causing various levels of brain damage, Seizures, Depression, Manic depression, Panic attacks, Uncontrollable anger and rage.Consumption of Aspartame causes these same symptoms in non-diabetics as well. Documentation and observation also reveal that thousands of children diagnosed with ADD and ADHD have had complete turnarounds in their behavior when these chemicals have been removed from their diet.

So called 'behavior modification prescription drugs' (Ritalin and others) are no longer needed.Truth be told, they were never NEEDED in the first place!Most of these children were being 'poisoned' on a daily basis with the very foods that were 'better for them than sugar.'It is also suspected that the Aspartame in thousands of pallets of diet Coke and diet Pepsi consumed by men and women fighting in the Gulf War, may be partially to blame for the well-known Gulf War Syndrome.

Dr. Roberts warns that it can cause birth defects, i.e. mental retardation, if taken at the time of conception and during early pregnancy. Children are especially at risk for neurological disorders and should NEVER be given artificial sweeteners.

There are many different case histories to relate of children suffering grand mal seizures and other neurological disturbances talking about a plague of neurological diseases directly caused by the use of this deadly poison.'

Herein lies the problem: There were Congressional Hearings when Aspartame was included in 100 different products and strong objection was made concerning its use. Since this initial hearing, there have been two subsequent hearings, and still nothing has been done. The drug and chemical lobbies have very deep pockets.

Sadly, MONSANTO'S patent on Aspartame has EXPIRED! There are now over 5,000 products on the market that contain this deadly chemical and there will be thousands more introduced. Everybody wants a 'piece of the Aspartame pie.'I assure you that MONSANTO, the creator of Aspartame, knows how deadly it is.

And isn't it ironic that MONSANTO funds, among others, the American Diabetes Association, the American Dietetic Association and the Conference of the American College of Physicians?

This has been recently exposed in the New York Times. These [organizations] cannot criticize any additives or convey their link to MONSANTO because they take money from the food industry and are required to endorse their products.Senator Howard Metzenbaum wrote and presented a bill that would require label warnings on products containing Aspartame, especially regarding pregnant women, children and infants.

The bill would also institute independent studies on the known dangers and the problems existing in the general population regarding seizures, changes in brain chemistry, neurological changes and behavioural symptoms.

The bill was killed.It is known that the powerful drug and chemical lobbies are responsible for this, letting loose the hounds of disease and death on an unsuspecting and uninformed public. Well, you're informed now!"

Like · · Share · about an hour ago ·

Thanks Nikki maybe this will save someone else from this poison. I didnt mean to quote this sorry.

Flower I am glad you posted it. The more knowledge we can spread, the better. Lupus and MS from this crap....OMG

We are on psych drugs, and drinking this crap.

I have given in to my addiction to sugar in a bad way lately and still drinking Crystal Light.

This has got to stop.

You deserve a huge hug from yourself for getting off soda and this stuff.

Lots of hugs

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

I am thankful for one good day. Again this morning I am just sick...Not dizzy though. I knew I wasn't going to sleep for the anxiety again.

5 hours is better than nothing. Nikki if this stuff is so strongly implicated in these illnesses it has to have a terrible WD. I believe this is

going to take me more than 2 weeks. It has been 3 months stabilizing now on the Celexa. I'm glad to be at 10 mgs even though I updosed.

I can't get over being so angry about not realizing what a simple soda could do. I hope for improvement in this head stuff...This is alot harder

than when I gave up smoking 20 years ago. Vertigo comes and goes..I'm going to learn more about dopamine..and amino acids..Serious stuff aspartame.

Is it in our milk yet?

Tezza I had to recently go to city water after having a well for years. Fluoride is an issue I don't want to tackle yet. I watched the video Alto posted,it scares me to think these Drs don't know about the drugs they give us so freely..I wanted to drink diet pop so bad yeserday.Not because I crave it but to make this stop. I'm so sick to my stomach. This all seems a dream sometimes. Some have taken 30 to 60 days to overcome this stuff. When this is done I'm taking a break.

Good morning

Flower in the article I posted the victims of aspartame had miraculous improvements in their health after getting off the stuff. I am wondering if the problem is the Celexa and WD from it more that getting off aspartame.

I too have cravings and I have given in to them. Could the cravings be the WD and it triggers more ssri WD...

I was wondering about this, not that I have the answers. I surely don't.

The good news is that this was a shift in the right direction and admire you for doing it. When I pick up Crystal Light and/or Diet Green Tea I think about you in a good way. "Flower is doing it, you need to do it Celeste/Nikki".

Dr. Atkins was onto this nonsense. He said anything that says Diet is loaded with aspartame fat, and it if says low fat is it loaded with sugar.

My gut feeling is that you are going to get past this and start to feel improvements in many areas. Good health and feeling better are on your way. I really believe that.

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

• Moderator Emeritus

Flower,

I'm sorry this is so hard on you. I wouldn't blame you for taking a break. You surely need one. Nikki may be right about the WD from Aspertame triggering Celexa WDs. I'm sure there's no way to be certain. I hope you find relief soon.

Hugs

Thanks Tezza ...I've seen alot of stories of folks going through tough WDs from this..It's really hard to do. I'm surprised. I'm so dizzy and sick to stomach. It's been 2 weeks I need to give it 2 more weeks..I caved in once and the pop did make a difference so I'm assuming ...it is what is..

Hi flower ..Thinking of you, and wishing that you are feeling a little better ..

Take good care Flower, sending you many hugs ..xx

Hello,
I am tapering Lorazepam, and my daily dose is 1.125 mgs.

I followed a long hold for 5 months, ( Nov-March 2019) hoping to find some stability, 

but it did not work. So I resumed my taper and hold pattern.
For the last 3 years, I have been using a daily microtaper, cutting .001mgs per day, with holds as needed.
Symptoms are head pressure, labored breathing, palpitations, abrupt surges of dizziness, this being my worst symptom for now, internal tremors, my latest nemesis, unsteadiness, anxiety, plus many other symptoms that cycle in, and cycle out consistently. Not a day passes, without grief :(

I take no other meds.

January 2013 - 15 day quick taper off 10 mgs of Lexapro, and 25 mgs of Sertraline,

at a detox clinic.

Lexi your message made me feel good. I feel silly posting about what I'm going through with aspartame..I'm still sick but seeing some physical stuff improve. My friend,on this journey also, said yesterday she's been very weepy There's been such a difference in her I can't believe it. She's no longer the happy girl I once knew. She stopped theDiet Coke 4 days ago. I've had none for 18 days. We both tapered for 2 months. She drank alot more than me 6 cans a day. The neuro stuff clings on. I see for some there is prolong WD ..Who would know. I turned to Diet Coke when I quit alcohol . That's when I noticed something was wrong. I have to stay strong and not go back. I have WDrawn from alot of meds. Including ativan,tramadol,prozac,zoloft etc. This WD compares.There are no windows just feeling sick constantly. The anxiety is tolerable now.I seem motion sick all the time. Fatigue, at the time I use to drink pop, is overwhelming. My other meds have to be working differently with this aspartame leaving my system.

Researching the aspartame I see it can last quite a while..I hope after 3 months the Celexa WD has eased some. Nagging is a good word..I forgot to mention twice I have gone back to drinking the aspartame and these symptoms stopped. Thepeoplecleaner.com has alot of posts on this subject.Many people are very ill. This drug hampers attempts to taper ADs..

Good morning Lexi,Tezza,friends.

I stopped by to get a pep talk I guess. Reading here this morning has made me feel lucky to have found this place..I surely would be in the hospital

again if I hadn't learned of WD.I actually feel much safer recognizing this misery. Yesterday I cried all day..I hide this from everyone .

I don't want to whine when others are having such a bad time. Peace...

• Moderator Emeritus

Flower,

I'm so sorry you're going through such a rough patch. It will get better again and I hope it happens soon. You're not whining, just talking to people who care.

This is the place to talk about your innermost feelings. It is peer support, that's what were all here for.

Yesterday was a very long and lonely day for me. Sometimes having no one to talk to in RL gets to me. This group is just about all I have and I'm very grateful for it.

Hang in there, we are pulling for you!

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey Flower,

You're not whining - you're sharing.

I'm sorry you're feeling so low. But you're not alone.

We're all here for you xx

February 2006 back on 20mg citalopram and stayed on it until my last attempt at tapering in September 2011.
Nov 2012 to Feb 2013 did 10% taper, got doen to 11mg - was going great until stressful situation. Cortisol levels hit the roof, hideous insomnia forced me to updose to 20mg.

****** I am not a medical practitioner, any advice I give comes from my own experience or reading and is only my perspective ******

• Moderator Emeritus

Today was rough for me too. Hope things are better on your end.

3 Years 150 mgs Effexor

2 month taper down to zero

3 terrible weeks at zero

Back up to 75 mgs

2 months at 75

6 or so months back to regular dose of 150 - was able to restabilize fine.

3 month taper back to zero

1 HORRENDOUS week at zero

2 days back up to 37.5

3 days back up to 75

One week at 150 - unable to stabilize.

Back down to 75 mgs

At 75 mgs (half original dose) and suffering withdrawal symptoms since October 2012.

"It is a radical cure for all pessimism to become ill, to remain ill for a good while, and then grow well for a still longer period." - Nietzsche

I cried again this morning when I saw these messages. I hate this being so weepy.

Tezza I wish you could visit here with me. We would walk in the woods behind my house,Play with Bird and plant flowers..I think we would be good company.

Basil,,you could come too. I need you guys more than you know.

Narcissus..I pray for peace for us. It would be so easy to take a pill but I choose this misery I guess. We have to get better sometime..right?

My friend, who chose to do this aspartame challenge with me called last night in a panic..I still can't believe how hard this is. It's crazy. The

crap going on in my head has to ease soon.I read about prolonged WD from this stuff. That scares me because of the years I've been drinking it.

Beware folks.

• Moderator Emeritus

Awwww, Flower, I wish we could spend time together too. I've always loved walking through the woods.

Do you get your bird out of the cage much? I used to but not so much anymore. Mine is a male Bluefront Amazon, what is yours?

I hope you feel better later in the day! We all need each other, here.

• Moderator Emeritus

Flower,

I would love to visit you all the way from Australia!

xx

Yes Tezza I get bird out alot..Lately I haven't felt well ,he knows. I wish for advice on this aspartame issue but noone seems to know. My therapist has researched also and believes this is hushed up for a reason. Her husband was a drug rep. She told me he had to educate the Docs on the drugs he was promoting and had very little time. This worries me so. I had no idea the Doctors were not schooled in pharmaceuticals. How can they then prescribe?

Basil I bet Australia is beautiful....Hot? Today will be near 80 here. I wish I could enjoy.

My guts have begun to burn..So much new stuff going on. It's awful. My therapist was very anxious and mentioned being irritable as she tapped her feet through my visit. I can see she was hyper alert. She has given up a serious chewing gum addiction. I pray this settles before I go back to drinking a little soda to see if it stops. The anxiety is a little less but I'm so very ill. The flu xS 10 so to speak. I 've seen stories of the difficult times people go through to give up this addiction. My pain Doc yesterday was not aware of this problem..Although he menioned trying to get his patients off pop. I have such a terrible taste in my mouth again. Well I'll lose a few pounds . Going on 3 weeks no aspartame..

• Moderator Emeritus

Flower,

This sounds as bad as any drug WD. It's such a shame that anyone can be using this without realizing the danger. I've known children that drink diet sodas and a lot of adults do. People who are diabetic drink them regularly and have no clue.

It's sad that things like this are on the market.

I hope this ends soon! I feel so bad for you.

• Moderator Emeritus

Flower, we're just coming out of our summer here. It's getting a little cooler. But we don't get extreme temperatures or snow.

It can get pretty hot in summer though.

Animals always know when we're upset don't they? When my cat died I was inconsolable for months. My dog licked away my tears (even though she and the cat had been sworn enemies):)

Hi flower,

Thinking of you and praying that you are feeling a little better ..Hang in there flower .. healing will come, you will see ..and we too will be success stories ..

I feel proud of you, that you conquered Ativan ..This is my next dreaded taper ..:(

Thinking of you, and your sweet disposition, despite not feeling good ..

Sending you loads of hugs ..

Wishing for a serene, blessed night for you ..xx

Hello,
I am tapering Lorazepam, and my daily dose is 1.125 mgs.

I followed a long hold for 5 months, ( Nov-March 2019) hoping to find some stability, 

but it did not work. So I resumed my taper and hold pattern.
For the last 3 years, I have been using a daily microtaper, cutting .001mgs per day, with holds as needed.
Symptoms are head pressure, labored breathing, palpitations, abrupt surges of dizziness, this being my worst symptom for now, internal tremors, my latest nemesis, unsteadiness, anxiety, plus many other symptoms that cycle in, and cycle out consistently. Not a day passes, without grief :(

I take no other meds.

January 2013 - 15 day quick taper off 10 mgs of Lexapro, and 25 mgs of Sertraline,

at a detox clinic.

Flower I am not ingesting much aspartame at all. When I finish pup what I have of my favorite Crystal Light I will be making Ice Teas from scratch with no sugar or asparatame.

As for the flu - well we have a stomach virus going around like mad here. Had it all last night and today. Today was the aches and pains.

Hope it passes by tomorrow.

Amazing how we are entering summer and Australia is entering fall/winter.

Flower with getting off aspartame are you going to put a halt to tapering for awhile?

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa