flower switched to liquid celexa

flower

its crazy vicoden is illegal here, its a class A drug same as cociane, heroin and ecstacy etc, if you were found with it, you are in big trouble, its classed as a class A because of how addictive it is...not available anywhere, prescription or no, and illegal to import, ifI was to try and get some off the internet I would go to jail! ugh!

Celexa is harder to taper than vicoden..I go to the pain clinic to get it. I haven't had one in a year. I don't crave it either. I did a ten day detox to get off of ativan and vicoden at the same time.It was rough but still the Celexa is worse. For me anyhow.

C/T Celexa and Trazadone on Jan.29th 2014
Prescribed 1mg of Klonopin every 6 hours on Jan.29th
Began tapering Klonopin April 18th..stretching time between doses...at first one hour for 2 weeks then a half hour for app.10 days then another half hour 10days later.
Presently at .25 three times a day..6 2 and 10pm. Trying to stabilize.
Also still taking gabapentin 300mgs 2xs a day..

Sorry to post again but I wondered if it's okay to make a short journal each day as to the side effects of these 3 generics as I try to get situated on one.? They are so different .

Began tapering Klonopin April 18th..stretching time between doses...at first one hour for 2 weeks then a half hour for app.10 days then another half hour 10days later.

Sorry to post again but I wondered if it's okay to make a short journal each day as to the side effects of these 3 generics as I try to get situated on one.? They are so different .

I took that Greenstone generic last night and already this morning I'm sobbing for no good reason..

So sorry! I really don't know how to help with the other things, but, it is also my understanding that it is primarily differences in "inactive" ingredients that makes the drug more or less available to your body, causing the different responses. Added to a nervous system sensitized by chronic pain and medication/aspartame changes.

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Zyprexa started about 9/06, mostly 5mg. Tapered 4/12 through12/29/12

Wellbutrin. XL 300 mg started 1/07, tapered 1/18/13 through 7/8/13

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

7.4.14 Started Walsh Protocol

56 years old

Thank you for the info Meim. The pharma. yesterday said to stick to the Greenstone only for 7-10 days to notice side effects. It's just hard if I'm crying and pacing. . I see the pain Doc at 8 to see what he has to say. The thoughts of tapering and starting a new drug is terrifying. I was told again that the Greenstone is the same as Neurontin??? If that's so then why not sell that generic only? I hope it works..it's the best for the anxiety..,the sobbing gets me panic stricken. Everytime I switch I deal with everything all over again. Soo today for 2 weeks I will take the Greenstone generic only...Regardless of the sobbing.I don't bother my husband with this right now,his mother is dying and making funeral plans...Please guys be patient with me, you are all I have right now.

its crazy vicoden is illegal here, its a class A drug same as cociane, heroin and ecstacy etc, if you were found with it, you are in big trouble, its classed as a class A because of how addictive it is...not available anywhere, prescription or no, and illegal to import, ifI was to try and get some off the internet I would go to jail! ugh!

Celexa is harder to taper than vicoden..I go to the pain clinic to get it. I haven't had one in a year. I don't crave it either. I did a ten day detox to get off of ativan and vicoden at the same time.It was rough but still the Celexa is worse. For me anyhow.
This is what many people report: that opiates that are considered addictive are easier to DC than SSRIs. It was that way for me. I take them for pain as needed now.Greenstone Generics is a subsidiary of Pfizer who makes Neurontin. Most companies continue to manufacture the brand drug, knowing that some people will continue to use and because they can charge more for it. In the case of trazodone, the original brand drug, Desyrel, is no longer manufactured. There is a new longer acting form of trazodone on the market, Oleptro.

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

so sorry you are still struggling with these meds, flower... hang in there, hopefully this one works and you won't have to switch again..

sending you healing thoughts..

Abir

have been on various antidepressants (many SSRIs, SNRI, MAOIs) for chronic fatigue syndrome for more than 17 years, was on zoloft 100mg for the last 2-3 years, tapered over 2.5 months, ending october 24 2012.
reinstating AD:
march 28: started on 25mg co-sertraline, took it for 2 days
april 1: 12.5mg ONLY FOR ONE DAY- STOPPED taking meds
april 9: started on 2.5mg co-sertraline
april 17: increased to 5 mg

I saw the pain Doc...He said to give the Greenstone 2 weeks and if I can't settle in we would have to taper to something else. So I'm taking the greenstone only. Last evening wasn't bad..The T wasn't so loud this morning. I sure hope this works.Good info on the Traz Barb. Thank you Abir..I hope for peace for all today. I have to adjust,I dread a taper. They tell me the Gaba won't be as hard????? I asked about Topamax but didn't get a good response.

Flower,

Were you stable and pain controlled on the hydrocodone? Would you be ok with that treatment for pain? It's my personal belief and experience that hydrocodone is not as problematic as the hype suggests. I was stable on one dose for many years and this is the case for many chronic pain patients who never escalate dose. Of course, it depends on your type of pain.

I know some people will disagree with this, but I wanted to ask while you are considering options.

Acupuncture helped me very much also.

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

I did do a few sessions of the accupuncture. It was a waste of money for me. This gabapentin has become a nightmare. I took 7.5 vicoden for a while but only once a day so not to get use to them. I can't say if it would be the right choice. The pain Doc said to take one of the 100mg gaba and see if it stopped the problems ,if it did this is WD.If not and the symptoms got worse then it would need to be tapered. So yesterday I did that and boy was there a difference. I watched a movie and fell asleep! The greenstone is not helping with the pain as well either. I will give it the 7 days for the SE's to pass and see if the pain relief is different. I suppose I will end up back on the Amneal generic.It helped the pain the most but the SE's were worse. I made it 3 weeks the last time,I should have stuck it out. The WD from this drug is awful.I can't imagine the taper. Just switching genercs is enough for me. So I wait and try to not be an idiot. Stay well Barb,and thanks for the attention.

I did do a few sessions of the accupuncture. It was a waste of money for me. This gabapentin has become a nightmare. I took 7.5 vicoden for a while but only once a day so not to get use to them. I can't say if it would be the right choice. The pain Doc said to take one of the 100mg gaba and see if it stopped the problems ,if it did this is WD.If not and the symptoms got worse then it would need to be tapered. So yesterday I did that and boy was there a difference. I watched a movie and fell asleep! The greenstone is not helping with the pain as well either. I will give it the 7 days for the SE's to pass and see if the pain relief is different. I suppose I will end up back on the Amneal generic.It helped the pain the most but the SE's were worse. I made it 3 weeks the last time,I should have stuck it out. The WD from this drug is awful.I can't imagine the taper. Just switching genercs is enough for me. So I wait and try to not be an idiot. Stay well Barb,and thanks for the attention.

I can't seem to edit so forgive my spelling and errors.

• Moderator Emeritus

I was stable on one dose for many years and this is the case for many chronic pain patients who never escalate dose. Of course, it depends on your type of pain. 

Barb, I blew right through Vicodin.  Even dosing prn I built up a tolerance.  Methadone helped the burning pain, but the side effects, even on a very small dose, were miserable and I was building up tolerance to that as well.  Thankfully, it was fairly easy to get off methadone.. (Ditching narcotics was a cake walk compared to psychotropics.)

I built up tolerance to everything but Lyrica.. which my doc says works the same as gabapentin but has fewer side effects.  Lyrica is the only drug that helped the nerve pain (felt like being on fire). Thing is Lyrica, early on, when I could more or less hop off, caused rebound pain for about two weeks.  I think Flower is hitting the same whenever she switches generics as increased pain seems to happen simultaneously with WD. I'm not sure her docs are considering this to be a contributing factor.

Barb.. you are really good with Google and drugs.. can you find a good source for information on rebound for either gabapentin or pregablin? Not only for the foot pain she has, but I think Flower also experiences headaches when she tries to switch, and from the little I've read, rebound headaches may also occur.  Nasty stuff when you can't get a stable dose, or when one is sensitive to dose changes... and I'm not referring strictly to WD here. (This is if rebound is different from WD.. I think so because it's time limited.)

As always, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! A proud supporter of the 10% (or slower) rule.

Requip - 3/16 ZERO  Total time on 25 years.

Lyrica: 8/15 ZERO Total time on 7 or 8 yrs.

BENZO FREE 10/13 (started tapering 7/10)  Total time on 25 years.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

• Moderator Emeritus

Flower.. at the risk of hijacking your thread, I need to respond further to Barb. 

Barb. My understanding is when narcotics are prescribed for pain, addiction does not occur as much because there is no craving as usually thought.  At least that has been my experience.. I've had prolonged and severe episodes of nerve and muscle pain, and never had any trouble discontinuing. But I have had to increase the dose for therapeutic benefit.... and maxed out on a number of meds.  But I've never wanted to take opioids for recreation.  I'm sure there are some people who end up being addicted in the 'standard' way... but I've never associated pain meds with recreation, only much needed relief.

Skyler

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

That is in line with my understanding. Thanks, Skyler.

I was stable on one dose for many years and this is the case for many chronic pain patients who never escalate dose. Of course, it depends on your type of pain. 

Barb, I blew right through Vicodin.  Even dosing prn I built up a tolerance.  Methadone helped the burning pain, but the side effects, even on a very small dose, were miserable and I was building up tolerance to that as well.  Thankfully, it was fairly easy to get off methadone.. (Ditching narcotics was a cake walk compared to psychotropics.)

I built up tolerance to everything but Lyrica.. which my doc says works the same as gabapentin but has fewer side effects.  Lyrica is the only drug that helped the nerve pain (felt like being on fire). Thing is Lyrica, early on, when I could more or less hop off, caused rebound pain for about two weeks.  I think Flower is hitting the same whenever she switches generics as increased pain seems to happen simultaneously with WD. I'm not sure her docs are considering this to be a contributing factor.

Barb.. you are really good with Google and drugs.. can you find a good source for information on rebound for either gabapentin or pregablin? Not only for the foot pain she has, but I think Flower also experiences headaches when she tries to switch, and from the little I've read, rebound headaches may also occur.  Nasty stuff when you can't get a stable dose, or when one is sensitive to dose changes... and I'm not referring strictly to WD here. (This is if rebound is different from WD.. I think so because it's time limited.)

Oh Skyler you are so right..Pain in the afternoon yesterday was a little better.It's been 5 days today on the Greenstone generic. Do you think it true Lyrica is gabapentin on steroids? I sure hope it's true about this generic being the most similar.

Flower,Were you stable and pain controlled on the hydrocodone? Would you be ok with that treatment for pain? It's my personal belief and experience that hydrocodone is not as problematic as the hype suggests. I was stable on one dose for many years and this is the case for many chronic pain patients who never escalate dose. Of course, it depends on your type of pain.I know some people will disagree with this, but I wanted to ask while you are considering options.Acupuncture helped me very much also.

Yes barb Vicoden helped me but not for very long. It was great for anxiety too. So was tramadol but I tapered that when my breasts became sore..That solved that.

Interesting about the Trazadone Barb...Also there's a new gabapentin thats time released. Greliese???I don't know the spelling. I thought I'd avoid  that.

• Moderator Emeritus
Oh Skyler you are so right..Pain in the afternoon yesterday was a little better.It's been 5 days today on the Greenstone generic. Do you think it true Lyrica is gabapentin on steroids? I sure hope it's true about this generic being the most similar.

Very good.. I'm glad the PM pain was not so bad.

I never heard Lyrica referred to as gabapentin on steroids before. As far as I know, the two work in a similar fashion, though Lyrica is supposed to have fewer side effects. Flower.. are you thinking Lyrica is more effective with nerve pain?  I don't think this is the case, though of course this is my opinion.. and my doc led me to believe the two have a similar action.

Skyler

I didn't sleep last night Yuk.I will NOT take any more extra Gaba..My head feel like it will explode.The T was worse and I have burning back and neck pain. I took an extra 100mg Gaba}...That didn't help. The vistiril helps more. I promised 7-10days on this Greenstone generic. So be it.

Skyler I read Lyrica was similar but stronger than Gabapentin. I don't know. I wonder if giving up aspartame has made my meds work differently?

This pressure behind my ears and eyes is not a good thing. I will go back to the Amneal and stick it out if this doesn't pan out. The sweating and anxiety were easier than this crap in my head

Oh what a fix I have myself in again.I wish I wasn't so afraid of that pain and anxiety in WD. I'm a crybaby anymore.

Regardless I hope we have a better day.

• Moderator Emeritus

Skyler I read Lyrica was similar but stronger than Gabapentin. I don't know. I wonder if giving up aspartame has made my meds work differently?

As far as I know.. the only reason Lyrica is thought to be stronger is because the mg doses are smaller.  As far as I know, there no  difference in the way it effects pain. That would be a question for your doc. You know more about Aspartame than I at this point, that said, I don't think there should be an effect on the way meds work this far out.

I may disappear for a few days.. my Dad is very sick..

Hope you feel better as the day wears on..

Skyler I will pray for your dad...

Another couple days have gone by, the Greenstone gabapentin is not doing me any justice.I now have hives again,my neck and shoulders burn,

You would think my sleep would be better.I saw the pain Doc.He said some folks can't take gaba..When I asked about the complaints he said most

reported the weird thoughts.I fell out the back door the other day..It seemed I couldn't pick my feet up.I'm better and didn't get hurt,just bruised. I took a

tsp of childrens Benadrl,it the hives went away ..The pain in my feet is different,,more numb and sensations of heat. I never had that before. I read

about of side effects of this generic being reported ALOT  but what to believe. Can anyone tell me exactly how to water this drug if I have to taper? I get

confused,I tried to find it..I suppose I will go back to the Amneal for a few weeks and then make a decision..The head stuff with this drug is something.

It doesn't stop all day.What's up with that? The ear  pressure and tingling of the face.My face is flushed alot. My gut's upset . The T is the same.

Any ideas and thoughts would be appreciated.Doc says this drug is easier to get off of..Right???

Another couple days have gone by, the Greenstone gabapentin is not doing me any justice.I now have hives again,my neck and shoulders burn,

You would think my sleep would be better.I saw the pain Doc.He said some folks can't take gaba..When I asked about the complaints he said most

reported the weird thoughts.I fell out the back door the other day..It seemed I couldn't pick my feet up.I'm better and didn't get hurt,just bruised. I took a

tsp of childrens Benadrl,it the hives went away ..The pain in my feet is different,,more numb and sensations of heat. I never had that before. I read

about of side effects of this generic being reported ALOT  but what to believe. Can anyone tell me exactly how to water this drug if I have to taper? I get

confused,I tried to find it..I suppose I will go back to the Amneal for a few weeks and then make a decision..The head stuff with this drug is something.

It doesn't stop all day.What's up with that? The ear  pressure and tingling of the face.My face is flushed alot. My gut's upset . The T is the same.

Any ideas and thoughts would be appreciated.Doc says this drug is easier to get off of..Right???

maybe using 100mgs and a measuring cup..Then mix with juice?

I'll not last another day on this Greenstone generic. Doc said to rule this one out..I will go to the Amneal and have 3 weeks in when my next appt. My pain level has gone way up.I did 10 days. I hope that is long enough to tell if the pain relief was worth it. Here I go again,

Thinking of you, Flower, and keeping my fingers crossed that this will be the one that works!

2006-Cymbalta 60mg for lyme disease2009-Quit Cymbalta c/tFeb. 2010-Reinstated 60mg CymMar.2010 to May.2012 tapered Cym to 36mgMay 2012-Crossed over to 30mg CelexaMay 2012-Oct.2013 Tapered Celexa down to 2.5mgOct.2013-Switched to 30 beads CymbaltaDec.4,2013-Stopped Cymbalta at 17 beads<p>Akathisia hit at 6 wks off and continuesNow taking melatonin when needed for sleep.

Thanks Liz...thinking of me yet in so much agony yourself,you are an inspiration. I couldn't take the hives and back pain anymore on the Greenstone generic so here I go again. I think I gave it a good try.

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks Liz...thinking of me yet in so much agony yourself,you are an inspiration. I couldn't take the hives and back pain anymore on the Greenstone generic so here I go again. I think I gave it a good try.

so do I flower,,,hoping you have a better experience on the next. You are a trooper.

Oh a much better day...No anxiety,no headache.little ear pressure...T is the same but that's a small thing right now. I slept well..I've taken a good probiotic also. The therapist said they've studied it alot.It was suggested a her last class they be used before an antidepressant??? I'll give it a week. Anything's worth a shot. Magnesium upsets me. I know from the past the gaba takes a few days to show symptoms when I switch,so I wait again. The pain is okay yet...That's the first thing I notice when I switch.. I almost felt normal yesterday for few hours,I am so thankful.I didn't want to move.

It's early, I think I'll walk in the woods.... I love the forest here. I don't like the bear that visits.

Another few days go by and finally some relief..That greenstone generic did not agree with me. The side effects have eased  Not so much head stuff. The T is back..No ear pressure...No headache...Hopefully the Amneal generic works.

I had a clean mamogram for the first time in 3 years! Tramadol made my breasts swell and be sore for a long time. I was so happy..That drug was so hard on me. Improvement is slow but I'm feeling better on this generic gabapentin. No panic,little anxiety....Hives are an issue again.  T is not going away anytime soon...I am finally able to enjoy cooking and my yard again. Now to get better so I can continue on this journey ....Maybe the next time I taper Celexa the pharmacy won't be able to mess up my other meds..Doc is going to see to it...

Nikki get that mamogram done.

Hi sweet flower .. :)

It is so good to see that you are given a break ..How wonderful is that .. :)

Keep up the good work ..

Thinking of you, and sending you many hugs ..xx Lexi

Hello,
I am tapering Lorazepam, and my daily dose is 1.125 mgs.

I followed a long hold for 5 months, ( Nov-March 2019) hoping to find some stability, 

but it did not work. So I resumed my taper and hold pattern.
For the last 3 years, I have been using a daily microtaper, cutting .001mgs per day, with holds as needed.
Symptoms are head pressure, labored breathing, palpitations, abrupt surges of dizziness, this being my worst symptom for now, internal tremors, my latest nemesis, unsteadiness, anxiety, plus many other symptoms that cycle in, and cycle out consistently. Not a day passes, without grief :(

I take no other meds.

January 2013 - 15 day quick taper off 10 mgs of Lexapro, and 25 mgs of Sertraline,

at a detox clinic.

Its been 10 days since the generic Amneal (gabapentin)..Symptoms are slowly coming back. I know in my heart I will have to come off of this drug but I

will give it time. The ear pressure is there,pain is escalating in my feet. I took a vistiril last night and got some sleep.The itcy blisters are coming back

and I have a rash on my feet again. I sure was hoping this would work. I'm sure these Doctors won't know how to titrate me over to another drug.

I'm worrying about this all the time again. Gabapentin (neurontin ) Sucks

• Moderator Emeritus

Its been 10 days since the generic Amneal (gabapentin)..Symptoms are slowly coming back. I know in my heart I will have to come off of this drug but I

will give it time. The ear pressure is there,pain is escalating in my feet. I took a vistiril last night and got some sleep.The itcy blisters are coming back

and I have a rash on my feet again. I sure was hoping this would work. I'm sure these Doctors won't know how to titrate me over to another drug.

Flower.. I think it's time to consider a cross taper to Lyrica. PM Alto for her take if she does not chime in here.. all I can do is speak for myself, and give the input I've had from my doc, and the fact Lyrica has helped me substantially. This combined with the difficulty you have had from gabapentin, which I think of as a dirty drug.. well, it would seem the right time to consider the change.

I'm very sorry to hear about your Mom...

Skyler

Flower so sorry about it all.....you mom dying is big, very big.  Alot of your sobbing is probably tied into grief.  And you are allowed to sob and cry alot.

I will send some healing prayers your way.

Lots of hugs today.

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

Flower.. I think it's time to consider a cross taper to Lyrica. PM Alto for her take if she does not chime in here.. all I can do is speak for myself, and give the input I've had from my doc, and the fact Lyrica has helped me substantially. This combined with the difficulty you have had from gabapentin, which I think of as a dirty drug.. well, it would seem the right time to consider the change.

I'm very sorry to hear about your Mom...

Skyler

Thanks Skyler..I'm going to wait a little longer to see if I adjust and then I'll have to do something.I hope Alto is watching I hate to bother her. This is my mother in law that's ill.I feel bad for my husband..He is a mommas boy.

Skyler did you have any side effects from the Lyrica while adjusting? Is it a pill or capsule. I wonder what the dose would be to compared to gabapentin. A dirty drug is a good way to put it. Is Lyrica generic? My Doc already said I would have to titrate onto it  while tapering the gabapentin.

I appreciate the thoughts so much. You guys are so important. I wonder how many lives have been saved here. Just knowing I'm not crazy has saved me many times.