flower switched to liquid celexa

flower

yes Nikki I will make no more changes until this settles down.I don't think I could take much more. This has been horrible.Who would know ? I appreciate the concern..I don't feel to well this morning.

C/T Celexa and Trazadone on Jan.29th 2014
Prescribed 1mg of Klonopin every 6 hours on Jan.29th
Began tapering Klonopin April 18th..stretching time between doses...at first one hour for 2 weeks then a half hour for app.10 days then another half hour 10days later.
Presently at .25 three times a day..6 2 and 10pm. Trying to stabilize.
Also still taking gabapentin 300mgs 2xs a day..

Amazing how we are entering summer and Australia is entering fall/winter

I'm sure I learned this in school but I have no memory of it at all! Yes, amazing! I'm not Geographically intellectual.

Tezza does Soma help better than gabapentin?

Began tapering Klonopin April 18th..stretching time between doses...at first one hour for 2 weeks then a half hour for app.10 days then another half hour 10days later.

Yesterday I was looking at my script for Klonopin..I've never taken..On the back I saw .56 mgs of Phenylalanine!!!!!That is the same ingredient in Diet Pop! It looks as though I am WDing from liquid Klonopin. No wonder I'm so ill. I was drinking 2 to 4 cans a day for all those years.I saw where alot of folks take this amino acid to get off the pop.

You can buy Phenylalanine without a script at the local GNC store. I read of the horrors of trying to come off this drug when taken by itself.. Maybe I can take a different look at how to help myself.

I knew that Dr of mine wasn't telling me the whole truth about getting off the pop. And I now know why it is suggested to go back to a liitle soda if the WD gets to bad.I'm disgusted. Think of people chewing the gum. I use to tell my husband "I need to get gum it calms me down."

I will look at how to come off a benzo,it might explain alot .

It looks as though that is the only ingredient in Klonopin? Phenylketonurics is the description on the klonopin?

• Administrator

It looks to me like the aspartame is in Klonopin for flavoring http://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/archives/fdaDrugInfo.cfm?archiveid=18213

Clonazepam is the active and major ingredient in Klonopin.

I wouldn't worry about the aspartame in Klonopin. You've been taking far, far more aspartame in your diet drink.

Yes, chewing gum is another common source of aspartame. A friend's daughter was gravely injured by chewing lots of artificially sweetened gum all day long -- she developed a pain sensitivity syndrome.

Flower, your therapist might be in withdrawal! You might suggest she taper the gum-chewing.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Alto I never gave the gum a thought but I will tell my therapist what you suggested..I was confused about the Klonopin because it says on the back of the K package it says Contains 0.56 mg per tablet of Phenylalanine. It doesn't mention aspartame. That is the same amino acid as in Diet Pepsi? Phenylalanine is what I believe I'm WDing from. The WD from this amino acid is brutal, from what I read. IF this is the case,would WD from K be similar to the WD rom The pop? Just thinking Alto,I appreciate the input. I'm trying hard to understand why this is so intense. I also believe if I got the supplement phenylalanine it would probably stop this. It scares me to try though because of the WD I've read about.

I checked on my friend yesterday that stopped drinking Diet Coke 2 weeks ago. She was not well and trying her best to work. She complained of a type of bone pain in her thighs making it hard to sleep.

It would be so easy to drink pop ..

50% of the aspartame in Diet Pepsi is Phenylalanine,40% is aspartic acid and 10% is methanol..There is 118mgs of aspartame in 8oz. of Diet pepsi.

I guess I'm looking for assurance this will end. Trying not to whine again.

I wanted to mention,I spoke with a friend I haven't seen in a while yesterday.Her Doc has taken her off Wellbutrin and put her on 60mgs of Cymbalta and 40mgs of Celexa! Isn't that alot?..She been having panic because of the Wellbtrin I guess. She'd been hiding in her room for 2 months. I'll bet she's heading for trouble.

• Moderator Emeritus

I wanted to mention,I spoke with a friend I haven't seen in a while yesterday.Her Doc has taken her off Wellbutrin and put her on 60mgs of Cymbalta and 40mgs of Celexa! Isn't that alot?..She been having panic because of the Wellbtrin I guess. She'd been hiding in her room for 2 months. I'll bet she's heading for trouble.

Yes, that is a lot! Do you think she would educate herself by reading info on the forum?

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time with the diet soda.

Hugs

Tezza I'm going to try to get her to look here. I took Magnesium last night. I cut a 500mg in half. Before the night was up I had bad heartburn and a headache...I had an all night hot flash too. Guess mag. is not for me either. I sure wish I could find something to ease this..This morning I feel odd. I couldn't fall asleep..My husband said I kept jerking awake. I stopped by the pharmacy and asked about aspartame ,I knew they wouldn't be able to help. This is not real well known yet..It's all over the internet but kept secret otherwise. Heaven forbid we step on the toes of those marketing this stuff. What will it take?

Yes, that is a lot! Do you think she would educate herself by reading info on the forum?

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time with the diet soda.

Hugs

you are a sweetheart.

Another few days have passed,I didn't want to bore anyone with this misery involving aspartame. I still have abstained. I've been in contact with folks that are knowledgeable,they say this can take alot of time. I do notice some benefits but the head stuff is miserable. I just want good sleep and to be calm for a couple hours to relax. Is that so much? Looking down the road I think I will tackle a bit of the trazadone next.I'm able to fall asleep in the evening without it .I wake up to take a sleeping pill just so I won't WD from it. Does that make any sense? I have days when that gababpentin doesn't help with pain. I wonder if WDing effects it in some way. Seems it's worse when I taper other drugs. It takes a while to adjust to pain once in WD. Believe me I know first hand. I hope one of us finds peace today...My prayers are with this group everyday.

Thank you for continuing to update us on this horrible saga. My heart goes out to you! Do you really want to finish your Celexa withdrawal without Trazadone? Just thinking most to least stimulating...

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Zyprexa started about 9/06, mostly 5mg. Tapered 4/12 through12/29/12

Wellbutrin. XL 300 mg started 1/07, tapered 1/18/13 through 7/8/13

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

7.4.14 Started Walsh Protocol

56 years old

thanks for the thought...You're probably right. Got up this morning peeing blood...See Doc Tuesday..Saw my friend yesterday,she stopped the pop too.Both her eyes are bothering her,her lids are swelled up. I read methanol in pop will and has caused these issues? Oh well onward we go..

Flower you have a UTI. Get a culture. When that happens to me it is very painful. Go to the ER and get it treated. They see it all the time.

If you are going thru the Aspartame WD issue, why not take a break from tapering until you feel better.

There is a UTI and the ill effects of aspartame which is plenty on your plate right now.

It's alot.

Let me know about the UTI.....My daughter and I are the Reigning Queens of UTI's. :rolleyes:

Hugs

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

Oh believe me Nikki there will be no more tapering for a bit. I see Doc tomorrow I will pee in a cup then. It will take a day or 2 before I know anything, I'm sure. My WBC is low also.Has been for a while.I hate those antibiotics. They make my gut hurt. I wanted to mention the friend ,Liz,I've met here. We get in contact every day. I am so thankful I met her. Lexi too. Often we cannot relate to others like we can here.. Or rather we just don't want to complain all the time. It's the same old crap. I had a guy call me yesterday about his wife and the aspartame...Yes I gave out my#. Husband NOT happy. She worked for nutra sweet and got the stuff almost free. He said he got a cancerous tumor on the roof of his mouth he believes was directly related to the sweetner. Her mother died in a seizure. His wife cannot give up Diet Pepsi she is so addicted. This gives me strength...This is still hard after 4 weeks. My dopamine and serotonin are slow to cooperate! Is phenyalanine a good thing on its own? I'm afraid to try but on the other hand I wonder if it would help the WD. Ironic it's in Klonopin too.

Flower, I am saddened to read that you are not doing better :(

How do you sleep? I hope you get some rest at night, to have energy during the day ..

I am sorry my email did not work. ..I do not know why ..

Did you receive mine to you?

Thinking of you sweet flower, and praying that things will ease up for you ..xx

Hugs .. Hi Nikki ..xx

Hello,
I am tapering Lorazepam, and my daily dose is 1.125 mgs.

I followed a long hold for 5 months, ( Nov-March 2019) hoping to find some stability, 

but it did not work. So I resumed my taper and hold pattern.
For the last 3 years, I have been using a daily microtaper, cutting .001mgs per day, with holds as needed.
Symptoms are head pressure, labored breathing, palpitations, abrupt surges of dizziness, this being my worst symptom for now, internal tremors, my latest nemesis, unsteadiness, anxiety, plus many other symptoms that cycle in, and cycle out consistently. Not a day passes, without grief :(

I take no other meds.

January 2013 - 15 day quick taper off 10 mgs of Lexapro, and 25 mgs of Sertraline,

at a detox clinic.

Flower I just received your note ...yes that is my name ..Please try again, or send me yours ..xx

Hello,

I followed a long hold for 5 months, ( Nov-March 2019) hoping to find some stability, 

For the last 3 years, I have been using a daily microtaper, cutting .001mgs per day, with holds as needed.
Symptoms are head pressure, labored breathing, palpitations, abrupt surges of dizziness, this being my worst symptom for now, internal tremors, my latest nemesis, unsteadiness, anxiety, plus many other symptoms that cycle in, and cycle out consistently. Not a day passes, without grief :(

I take no other meds.

January 2013 - 15 day quick taper off 10 mgs of Lexapro, and 25 mgs of Sertraline,

at a detox clinic.

Flower,

I am not totally up to date with your history.

You are having trouble quitting drinks with aspartame? I had the same issue early in my w/d. I was drinking tons of Diet Dr Pepper. What were you drinking?

"Well my ship's been split to splinters and it's sinking fast
I'm drowning in the poison, got no future, got no past
But my heart is not weary, it's light and it's free
I've got nothing but affection for all those who sailed with me.

Everybody's moving, if they ain't already there
Everybody's got to move somewhere
Stick with me baby, stick with me anyhow
Things should start to get interesting right about now."

- Zimmerman

• Moderator Emeritus

hugs to you Flower xx

July 2001 prescribed 20mg citalopram for depression;
On and off meds from 2003-2006.
February 2006 back on 20mg citalopram and stayed on it until my last attempt at tapering in September 2011.
By far the worst withdrawal symptoms ever. Reinstated to 20mg citalopram
October 2012 - found this forum!
Nov 2012 to Feb 2013 did 10% taper, got doen to 11mg - was going great until stressful situation. Cortisol levels hit the roof, hideous insomnia forced me to updose to 20mg.
March 2016 - close to 100% back to normal!

****** I am not a medical practitioner, any advice I give comes from my own experience or reading and is only my perspective ******

Flower,

I am not totally up to date with your history.

You are having trouble quitting drinks with aspartame? I had the same issue early in my w/d. I was drinking tons of Diet Dr Pepper. What were you drinking?

I was drinking Diet pepsi alot, I'm really having trouble giving it up..Did you have much of a problem? Doc said it would help me later to get off the Celexa. She really doesn't like the stuff. Let me know how it went for you...Did it take long? I've been without 5 weeks now and still know everyday. The Celexa taper is on hold for a bit.

hugs to you Flower xx

Thinking of too ladybug..

Great I woke up feeling very different and saw my Trazadone beside the bed.I can't take it now I have a Doc appt about the UTI... Hope I can handle that WD for the day, I'll deal with it when I get home. WOW This is the first time I've done that. I'm glad it's only 75mgs. I have alot of pressure in my ears. Am anxious of course..Will see how the pain goes.I never knew if it helped or not I've been taking it for so long. Here a while back I cut from 100mgs. I seriously considered going without for a few days to see if I could reinstate at 50mgs...Probably not a good idea? Anyone forget to take their Trazadone once in a while?

Have a serious UTI,off to get antibiotics..Yay Cipro. I don't feel to bad considering I forgot the Trazadone. Does that WD build up after a few days like Celexa does? I could handle this if this is all it is...Anyone get off Traz easily? I don't sleep anyhow. If I'd forget that Celexa for a day I'd be a basket case. This is only a thought.

Thinking of you flower, and wishing you a productive day with the doctor ..

Wishing that you will have a pain free, peaceful day ..hugs ..xx ..Lexicon

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

Oh Flower...I'm so sorry. Just got done reading some of your thread.

It breaks my heart when I think about what we are being fed as a society. (both physically and mentally)

Hang in there!

Started Fluoxetine Jan. 2010

Tried to go off of it in Sept. 2010

Weaned too fast and was back on it by Nov. 2010

Didn't work as good the second time around.

Started to wean again in Nov. 2011 and was off for good by April? 2012

Thanks everyone for the thoughts. I learned yesterday just how powerful Trazadone is. I forgot the pill,as the day wore on the WD was the worst. That must have a short halflife. I could hardly think, finally took a benadryl and curled up in a ball until time to take the pill. I suppose it will take a day or so to get over that. I know people that take 200mgs of that stuff. I feel so lousy right now I don't know what's what, so I won't bore you.

Flower I have taken Cipro many times. There are some side effects for me and my daughter does not have side effects. It exacerbates anxiety. Bad dreams, perspiration and a few others.

I usually ask for Diflucan with an antibiotic due to the residual yeast infection.

Seven days should clear it up.

UTI's are as bad as WD in my book :blink:

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Nikki I had a terrible day with the Cipro. You're right about anxiety and I had alot of depression. The muscle pain was awful. I took 6 pills and called Doc. He said 3 days of 1000 mgs should have got it but I have to do a culture again Monday to be sure. My god I don't know how you take the stuff. I hope there's no yeast infection. I still don't feel right, I never feel right...lol. Between taking the Cipro and forgetting the Trazadone I was a basket case for 2 days. Saw the Psych doc yesterday, She wants me to be rid of the UTI and feeling better before tapering ,she mentioned powder Trazadone to cut it back a little. Maybe 50mgs instead of 75 would be easier tolerated, if I get the same sleep out of what would be the difference. I could only do a small amount at a time. I had a terrible time going from 100 to 75. I hate being so sensitive . Hoping for a better day.

UTI's are an infection that changes white cell counts. Your body is putting up a fight in addition to the tremendous discomfort and pain it causes.

Cipro levels me. I have taken so much of it that it does not treat Ecoli anymore in myself and many others.

Keflex is the next drug they use and it works....thank goodness.

Do not take Levaquin. It is deadly. I have a customer who suffers from Neuropathy due to Levaquin.

These drugs cause anxiety/depression/bad dreams/constipation/dizzyness/inability to focus, etc.

However, we would be dead from kidney failure without alot of them.

Please don't mess around or change any medications until you finish your antibiotics.

Unlike AD's when finished with antibiotics you feel better right away. Get Monistat. Take probiotics.

Wait 3 days before your next culture. It's important to wait. You don't want to mask the culture if cipro is still in your system.

You poor kid UTI's are a nightmare....but you will be over it shortly I promise ;)

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Nikki,What do you mean by neuropathy? Is that muscle pain? I had so much burning pain I called Doc. He said since I took 3 days worth I could stop and do the culture again on Monday to see if it's gone. That will be 3 days. I still have issues. I was literally sick. I've taken Keflex and it didn't do that to me. I can't tell if I feel better or not.. I did get a yeast infection but big deal. I will never take Cipro again. My legs and feet are killing me. I've not been so uncomfortable in a long time. Will this pass in a few days? Thanks alot for the info.. I won't make any changes I just want to feel better. My sister took Cipro recently and has had problems too. I tfeels good to be able to empty my bladder although I really feel it when I have to go but have no pain.

I hope this nightmare with the cipro ends soon. Nikki did your daughters side effects go away when she stopped the drug? I still don't feel good ...The anxiety was a 10....The thought of dieing entered my mind,,,I,ve had all this head stuff going on...I will never take that drug again...Is keflex gentler? I'm not sure the problem is solved yet..I still feel uncomfortable when I have to go. Maybe it'll correct itself. I'll do the culture tomorrow. I'll have to ask for another drug. I've been told to never take Cipro again...It will be worse the next time...I can't imagine. The back of my knees are burning and sore...This drug is dangerous and I think of how many times my mom took this..My mother didn't feel well for years before she passed. It will be a year for her passing soon.. I hope we find some peace today.

another few days go by...I'm having a hard time coming off that Cipro,at least I think that's what it is. I cried all day yesterday and have had more pain than normal in my legs and feet. My guts ache something fierce. I did the second culture yesterday and called the Doc to tell them Cipro was not an option if it came back I still had the UTI. Oddly enough sleep is a little better right now but I can not kick this depression. My husband and I were burning brush and all I could think about was how peaceful it would be to die..That's not me. My sister had a bad reaction recently form the same drug. She said it took 2 weeks to get over it..Is it really in your system that long? Oh, woe is me... Yearning for a good day no tears.

Lex and Abir hang in there.

hang in there, flower...

i am currently taking amoxicillin for UTI - it is weird because i did not have a UTI in many years... i guess even our immune system is affected by withdrawal...i don't think it is making my symptoms worse, although my anxiety has been bad since monday morning but i only started taking the antibiotics on monday night..so i think i was going to have a wave anyways.... not sure if amoxicillin is an option for you...

i totally understand about wishing to be dead - i will never hurt myself but, many times, i had moments when i wished that i would just die, just stop to exist...withdrawal makes us experience feelings we never experienced before... it is amazing how much torture our brain can inflict on us... but again, we need to keep reminding ourselves that this is only temporary... even if it takes months, it will end after that.... hang in there flower...

have been on various antidepressants (many SSRIs, SNRI, MAOIs) for chronic fatigue syndrome for more than 17 years, was on zoloft 100mg for the last 2-3 years, tapered over 2.5 months, ending october 24 2012.
reinstating AD:
march 28: started on 25mg co-sertraline, took it for 2 days
april 1: 12.5mg ONLY FOR ONE DAY- STOPPED taking meds
april 9: started on 2.5mg co-sertraline
april 17: increased to 5 mg