flower switched to liquid celexa

flower

• Administrator

I think the artificial sweeteners are much worse for you than stevia or agave.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Thank you much for the replies. The tinnnitus seems to be related to sleep. Even if I fall asleep in the evening I have it for a short when I wake up, although I've taken no pills. It is worse in the morning for about an hour after I wake up. Yesterday in the evening I had a couple hours of complete quiet in my head,no anxiety. I couldn't believe it. Could it have been the 2 fish oil? I pray I am stabilizing. It's been so long coming. I told my husband I'll be retarded when this is over. Anxiety's an issue this morning. My neck is burning again. I spent the morning crying yesterday after the Celexa. I haven't done that in a while. I have periods where the anxiety comes and then this intense heat comes over me..It passes. This was something that had become very intense WDing from Prozac. My PC says it's menopause ,then why did it stop when I had dropped to 5 mgs of Celexa and start again at 10. When I went to him flushed he said I had roseaca ,that went away . Then he told me I had asthma when I developed a respiratory issue. That also went away also. On the positive note. I am sharper mentally...anxiety is a bearable, I am able to take a nap in the evening. Okay no more rambling.. I did see on the news that chocolate does not mix with ADs? Any input?

C/T Celexa and Trazadone on Jan.29th 2014
Prescribed 1mg of Klonopin every 6 hours on Jan.29th
Began tapering Klonopin April 18th..stretching time between doses...at first one hour for 2 weeks then a half hour for app.10 days then another half hour 10days later.
Presently at .25 three times a day..6 2 and 10pm. Trying to stabilize.
Also still taking gabapentin 300mgs 2xs a day..

I have a dumb-bunny question....what exactly is tinnitus? Is it a ringing in the ears?

Flower I just increased my Imipramine so that I can drop the Celexa. Psych Nurse and a Psych once told me that it is better to increase one before dropping another when swapping out. It does work for me.

HUGS

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

Good luck Nikki..I hope it works for you. I have crickets chirping in my ears....tinnitus.

Began tapering Klonopin April 18th..stretching time between doses...at first one hour for 2 weeks then a half hour for app.10 days then another half hour 10days later.

• Administrator

Heat intolerance and flushing is a common withdrawal symptom.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

I have a dumb-bunny question....what exactly is tinnitus? Is it a ringing in the ears?

Flower I just increased my Imipramine so that I can drop the Celexa. Psych Nurse and a Psych once told me that it is better to increase one before dropping another when swapping out. It does work for me.

HUGS

That does kind of make sense Nikki.. Does imiprimine cause RLS?

I read on one of Forests websites, that 80% of people tapering Celexa will WD. I couldn't believe they admit it. They suggest the 10% taper. We already know that here. No more than 25%. There was a list of meds that need to be tapered first. I wish I could have posted the site but I'm a dummy when it comes to that stuff. I don't even know how to make a new paragraph. They were forthcoming about tapering over months according to how long you'd taken the drug. There was alot of stuff about the young and suicide . I feel as though my brain was "young" when I began these drugs, I'd never taken anything in my past. Now 3 years later and 4 or 5 ADs later here I am. I think we all should file a class action lawsuit...Just ranting this morning,.sorry. Took fish oil again yesterday and was depressed all day. I think I'll just eat Salmon a couple times a week. I must just be too sensitive to it.. I've given it my best effort. I did try 3tsps of childrens benedryl yesterday, I have it for my dog, it did help relax me and didn't knock me out. Tinnitus is the same,still a pulsing pressure behind my ears? BP? Waking is a little easier, maybe the Traz is working a little better? I sure would like to have a glass of wine or a couple beers! I'm afraid of a panic attack. My husband is driving me crazy lol. I've noticed for the first time in WD I'm becoming mean and irritable over stupid stuff. I'm trying hard to overcome this. Iggy hang in there. I check on you everyday. Liz,you too. Should we report side effects to the FDA?

• Administrator

I would very much like to see that page, flower. Please try to post the link. Here's how to do it:

See the line at the top of your browser, with the site name in it? This page says http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php etc. This is the URL of the page.

Go to the File menu at the top of your browser. Click on New Window. In the new window, go to the Forest site.

When you are on the right page, move your mouse up to the URL. Put the cursor in the line. The text should change color.

Move your mouse up to the Edit menu at the top of your browser. Click on Copy.

Switch windows to this site. Click on Add Reply.

Move your mouse up to the Edit menu at the top of your browser. Click on Paste. The URL you copied should paste into your post. Click Add Reply to complete the post.

To make paragraphs, press the Return key on your keyboard twice.

I will try to look through history to find that info..I'm such a dummy on the computer. I just read alot.

Why was Luvox taken off the market? Or was it?

• Administrator

Google and you shall find.

I will try to look through history to find that info..I'm such a dummy on the computer. I just read alot.

Yes, history is another way to find the URL.

I'm having much better mornings , daytime anxiety has lessened also. I actually went out of town shopping on my own. I've discovered when I see Doc if I refer to my symptoms as side effects and not WD she is more understanding. I want so much for her to visit this site and see for herself the misery..I will try to find the article today Psychiatry: An Industry of Death...I need to have more stamina for what is to come, with or without my Docs help. I will play her game to get what I need until this is done. This time I will try the liquid Celexa at 10mgs for a few weeks before I taper. I had a bit of a problem with the drop so soon after the switch to liquid last time.. Could the liquid be less potent or more so? Should I dump it since it will be a couple months old when I switch again? If I feel even better in the next 4 weeks I know I'll be able to do this. I've never been stable since I began to take these SSRIs.

Glad you are feeling better. I don't know if liquid loses potency.

Switching from pills to liquid can cause some issues at first until you adjust to the liquid.

Happened to me.

Hugs

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

• Administrator

Look at your bottle of Celexa, flower, and see when it expires. The expiration date should be stamped on it.

My stomach is really bothering me, Most of my symptoms are toward evening.. I've given up the diet soda to see if there's any difference in muscle pain. Reading about aspartane scares me. That's something I can do without. The bottle of liquid Celexa says it's good for 1 year.

Nikki what would be the best meditation CD...I'm familiar with the leaf on a stream..

I see a few people are on a very low dose of Trazadone,12.5 mgs. Does this actually put you to sleep? I hope so as I taper the traz myself. If that dose works why did I get put on 100mgs to start? I should have known better. Since coming here I sure read about my meds . My Doc mentioned the gut issues from ADs.I'm assuming it's something else to ignore for a few weeks. I swear there's a sequence to this WD thing. The anxiety,vertigo and insomnia first. I have alot of physical stuff that starts up as the mental stuff eases. Sorry to be such a whiner folks..That bird of mine is screaming for me.

A friend of mine emailed me info on aspartame and it's WD ! I am ,or I was, a Diet Coke addict. Aspartams WD is alot like AD WD ! When does it stop? WD can last up to 30 days...Again I wait to stabilize..It's no wonder I'm goofy...

flower you are not a whiner:)

About Meditation CD's.

Dr. Brian Weiss puts me out.

I love Depaak Chopra

I will go to Amazon.com there are others I want to purchase

Hugs

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

• Administrator

In general, people are overdosed with psychiatric medications, with dosages that are far too high. Our nervous systems are sensitive and don't need to be hit with a club.

Alto I sure agree on the overdose of these meds. I've asked many Doctors if I was on too much Celexa, Prozac ,Zoloft and a few others . Everytime I was told this was an adult dose.. I hoped as I taperd the Celexa it would be more agreeable. .NOT so far. I see Doc at the end of the month I'll ask about that Trazadone powder. If it's hard to get my insurance won't pay for it anyhow. It might be worth paying out of pocket if it's available.. Mornings are much easier on me. I dread the thoughts of the traz taper..I'll be crushing that pill and cutting it up like a cocain dealer.. What's next..

Liz I hope you have a good day.

I will look for a meditation CD thank you for the tip.

• Moderator Emeritus

Flower I do a Body Scan relaxtion, I've got one by Breathworks actually called "Body Scan", there is a long 45 minute scan or a shorter 20 minute one.

Many of us feel like coke dealers here every morning, sad really.

*** Please note this is not medical advice,discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner***

http://prozacwithdrawal.blogspot.com/
Original drug was sertraline/Zoloft, switched to Prozac in 2007.
Tapering from 5mls liquid prozac since Feb 2008, got down to 0.85ml 23/09/2012, reinstated back to 1ml(4mg) 07/11/2012, didn't appear to work, upped to 1.05ml 17/11/2012, back down to 1ml 12/12/2012 didn't work, up to 1.30ml 16/3/2013 didn't work, bumped up to 2ml (8mg) 4/4/2013 didn't work, in July 2013 I reinstated Sertraline (Zoloft) 50mg, feeling better now. 

A few months down the line I switched to 5ml liquid Prozac and tapered down to a compromise dose of 3ml liquid Prozac and have stayed there ever since, no withdrawals and no emotional blunting/loss of libido.

I took another 100mg of gabapentin day before yesterday.I only do it about once a week.I don't know about PRN use of it but it helps in the worst of times. I've become so sleepy early.. I kind of like it. I've never slept like this. 35 years of night shift left me in a mess when I retired. I slept in the afternoon all those years. I had a good day yesterday considering, I actually let a man put makeup on me at the mall. Spent 140.00 but had fun ! Husband said I looked like a million bucks, lol. Tinnitus is a pain in the butt. Seems to be lasting a bit this morning. I took fish oil again yesterday. Trying to make sense of if it helps me or not. I always thought those snaps in my head was my neck snapping. I can ignore that though.. No more nausea is a good thing. No headaches..Some aching like a bone ache in my legs..Still pressure in my head and behind my ears. I know this is still a sign to wait. I sure hope it eases up. I'd like to move on.. Thanks again for the advice and thoughts,you guys keep me sane.. My sisters doc cut her depakote 200mgs a day because of bloodwork and headaches. She won't listen to what I have to say..She says the internet is trouble.. Will this decrease cause her much trouble? She was sobbing when I called.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Flower. I've read a bit of your thread and just dropping by to say "Hi" and that I'm glad that you are doing so well. 35 years of night shifts? That sounds really difficult! I am a sleeper, a morning person, and can't imagine what your body had to endure through all of those years!

The human body and spirit truly is a wonder. You really sound good, optimistic and strong. I like how you listen to your body , express how you are feeling and then ask questions. Your brain is definitely in tact!! Ha. It's a blessing we have each other!!

Take care and I hope that this new day is a good one!

RU :)

Fall 1995 xanax, zoloft. switched to Serzone

1996- spring 2003serzone/ xanax/ lightbox.

b]Fall 2003- Fall 2004? Lexapro 10 mg. Light box /4 mg. xanax.[/b]

2004 - Fall of 2009 10 mg Lex, 150 mg Wellbutrin XL % 4 mg xanax

November 2009- Sept. 2011 10 mg lex., 300 Well. XL, 4 mg Xanax [/b

Sept.2012- July 2012 20 mg Lex 300 Well. XL, 4 mg Xanax

My mantra " go slow & with the flow "

3/2/13.. Began equal dosing 5 Xs /day xanax, while simultaneously incorporating a 2.5 % drop ( from 3.5 mg/day to 3.4 mg/day)

4/6/13 dropped from 300 mg. Wellbutrin XL to 150 mg. Difficult but DONE! Down to 3.3 mg xanax/ day / 6/10/13 3 mg xanax/day; 7/15/2013 2.88mg xanax/day.

10/ 1/2013...... 2.5 mg xanax… ( switched to tablets again) WOO HOO!!!!!! Holding here… cont. with Lexapro.

1/ 2/2014.. tapered to 18mg ( by weight) of a 26 mg ( by weight) pill of 20 mg tab. lexapro. goal is 13mg (by weight OR 10 mg by ingredient content) and STOPPED. Feeling very down with unbalanced, unpredictable WD symptoms.

1/2/2014- ??? Taking a brain-healing break from tapering anything after actively tapering something for 1.5 years. So… daily doses as of 2/2/2014: 18 mg by weight Lex, 150 mg Well. XL, 2.5 mg xanax, down from 26 mg by weight Lex., 300 mg well. XL, 4 mg xanax in August, 2012. I'll take it. :) 5/8/14 started equivalent dose liquid./ tabs. 5/13/14 1.5 % cut.

Flower how nice of you to treat yourself to the makeup. The compliment from you husband was lovely.

Give yourself more of these little gifts and fun things - you deserve them and they really do bump up the good thoughts.

Hugs

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Sleeping alot is new to me..I'm going to suck it up because I think the next taper will not be forgiving. I actually made cupcakes for my 5 year old nephews birthday..I gave him the icing and sprinkles to do himself..He's so happy.. I love it. While my ears are ringing this morning and the bird is doing the door bell I think I'll put on my ear muffs..Can you guys picture that?

Nikki, I hope I can put the makeup on like the guy at the Mall..I'm not very good at it.

Areyouthere,I'm glad you piped in. I watch your journey also.

I'm not good at the Computer so be patient...I missed you yesterday Liz,sorry,I like to touch base daily with you.

I feel alot better when I wake up..The traz maybe finally doing it's job? Stabilizing? I still get anxious after the am meds and cry sometimes for no reason. It passes quickly..My therapist said yesterday she can't wait to get to know me when this is over..That was nice to hear. I use to work out 3 days a week, the bike trail here now goes across the country. I use to do 20 miles a day, 3 days a week. This being so placid is killing me more than anything but extra exercise gets me wound up. I've gained 8 lbs..I have to be more vigilant.. . Oh well,it has been worse. You guys stay well today.. I have to investigate pay pal to get a small donation to Alto... This place deserves anything we can do to help it stay up and running.. What I've learned is invaluable..It will save my insurance thousands .I won't be running to the hosp. not knowing what is going on in my head. Just to be given Ativan,,when the detox was so hard from it.

Yes Flower it is time for a donation to the site.

Thank goodness you are feeling better and are sleeping. Sleep can really restore us.

The crying is something that comes and goes. For me it was something I could not control, it just came on. I remember it well and it I really sympathize when it happens to others.

Maybe we need to cry to release some of the troubles from WDing.

Biking sounds lovely thru the countryside. For now how would walking work?

On another site there is/was a member who walked every evening with their spouse, and they said it was very, very helpful. Not too much and more than doing nothing.

Hugs to you and Tezza this morning:)

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

• Moderator Emeritus

I have to investigate pay pal to get a small donation to Alto... This place deserves anything we can do to help it stay up and running.. What I've learned is invaluable..It will save my insurance thousands .I won't be running to the hosp. not knowing what is going on in my head. Just to be given Ativan,,when the detox was so hard from it.

Well said Flower, the site does deserve our support. I made a small donation just yesterday, it's the very least I can do. What Alto gives to us she would get fancy remuneration for in the real world. And measure her largess against the insurance companies skulduggery and criminality, the picture robs me of further words.

Setting up a Paypal account is pretty straight forward, so you should be fine, but let me know if you need an assist.

As always, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! A proud supporter of the 10% (or slower) rule.

Requip - 3/16 ZERO  Total time on 25 years.

Lyrica: 8/15 ZERO Total time on 7 or 8 yrs.

BENZO FREE 10/13 (started tapering 7/10)  Total time on 25 years.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

A good day yesterday again..Husband and I play cards for a while every afternoon..We laughed over stupid stuff. Actually we can get quite naughty.. That bird of mine is soaking it all up. No wonder he talks like he does.lol I still know I'm medicated and boy do I get motion sick sometimes. The vertigo sticks around. No fish oil ar mag right now but next taper I may need it again. It seems it upsets me if I take it now that I'm not so symptomatic. So glad the headaches are gone. I feel alot better in the morning...That's my sign of stabilizing. I hope I don't become so desperate again. You guys put up with me though...Thank you again. I guess the main thing right now is the tinnitus and a little anxiety in the afternoon..Alot of aches!!Is this stuff stored in fat cells? Not that I'm fat...lol. I feel such a need to work out..Really work out. The energy I've had the Doctors called anxiety..That was my way of calming myself for years. I miss the kick boxing...But my feet don't. Off to care for Bird and cook dinner early so I can run around...Being retired is great.. right now anyhow. It has taken me 6 weeks to calm down..

• Moderator Emeritus

Good morning Flower,

It's good to know things have gotten so much better for you. Good news always makes the others of us feel better about tapering.

My bird says FU if he gets mad or if anyone in the house raises their voice. He knew it before I got him though. He was 10 yrs old when he came here. If we laugh, he laughs, then after a while of him laughing, he stops and says, "what you laughing 'bout?". That can make people laugh even more when their tickle box is already turned over. If I sing, he sometimes sings with me.

One day the radio was playin "nobody answers when I call your name". The music to the song even sounds sad, so he started making a loud sobbing sound. He does that if I'm crying too. He wont let anyone but me touch him, if they do they get bit. These birds are a trip and vacation rolled up in one bag, aren't they?

So glad you are doing well!

Hugs

Tezza you're right about the birds. My bird is on my shoulder while I type.."What's that" "Go Steelers" I told him they didn't win. He tells my sister "I'm scared, what's out there" We have to be careful playing cards.lol Sleep was lousey last nite..I get anxious in the afternnon but not like it was. Maybe I'll sleep tonite. I still ache alot but I think that will be with me to the end..Especially if this stuff is stored in fat cells..I have those...Fat cells I mean ..Have a good day friends, Find some peace.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Flower,

I had a somewhat lousy night too, woke up feeling overheated and stayed awake for a good while. I did that a few times, I will be glad when this is done and over.

I gained 30 lbs on all these meds but I've lost seven lbs in the last couple of weeks and didn't change anything that I know of. Same when I gained it, I wasn't eating any differently. I do think once we are off the meds, the weight will go.

Have a great day!!!!

• Moderator Emeritus

Flower I've just caught up with your thread, I can really feel a difference in you coming out of your posts, you sound much more settled.

I love bike rides as well, weather permitting, but I only do about 7/8 miles at a time, can't compete with your 20, it really lifts the endorphins and I love to see the countryside.

*** Please note this is not medical advice,discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner***

http://prozacwithdrawal.blogspot.com/
Original drug was sertraline/Zoloft, switched to Prozac in 2007.
Tapering from 5mls liquid prozac since Feb 2008, got down to 0.85ml 23/09/2012, reinstated back to 1ml(4mg) 07/11/2012, didn't appear to work, upped to 1.05ml 17/11/2012, back down to 1ml 12/12/2012 didn't work, up to 1.30ml 16/3/2013 didn't work, bumped up to 2ml (8mg) 4/4/2013 didn't work, in July 2013 I reinstated Sertraline (Zoloft) 50mg, feeling better now. 

A few months down the line I switched to 5ml liquid Prozac and tapered down to a compromise dose of 3ml liquid Prozac and have stayed there ever since, no withdrawals and no emotional blunting/loss of libido.

I try not to think about tapering anymore right now..I get anxious but I can kind of ignore it..The heat that comes over me is slowing ..I do get a few snaps in my head but it's nothing compared to the way I was in the past. I felt good this morning. I wake up not thinking of being ill. I can concentrate to watch a movie..I still don't read much. I hope the tinnitus goes away before I taper again so at least I'd know it's possible. Have to clean a bird cage and bleach toys.. Bird will complain the whole time..."stop it, stop it . Get out of there,I'll kick your a@#." Wonder where he heard all that? lol Hey Strawberry I doubt I'll be doing the 20 miles when it gets nice enough...I'll start at 10..I go 5 miles then carry the bike up steps to where there's a railroad tressle and a tunnel,it's spooky. You can bike deep into the woods. I've seen a family of foxes poke their heads up,many snakes laying across the road.I learned to hop over them, when you're on a bike the deer don't move for you. The deer here are huge. I love it. I miss the smell..There's a small water fall. The trail is along the French Creek and Allegheny Rivers..