Sweetcreature ( new and scared) sorry this is long

Sweetcreature

Thanks, I think it was a build up and then weird withdrawals days and weeks after ward, which, led me to think....'OMG OMG I can't do this...need to go back on them....then OMG OMG what have I done??  (and stop) and so on and so on.

I THINK I'm one of the folks who is okay with vitamins - I think....quite conservative in my vitamins right now, fish oil, D, magnesium, pro biotic and B..

Actually, forgot my fish oil last night and have had a hard morning with RACING thoughts...but that is probably the seroxat doing what it does...man, how I want to get onto my taper!!

Praying for patience as the lack of it is what got me here in the first place. (Tapered too fast AND going to Doc all those years ago when I should have gone for a bl00dy run more often)

Happy to say that my whole family is behind me and believes me about the meds causing this and not some mental illness..they have all promised me they will never ever even consider taking meds themselves which means a lot to me and also that they will keep me away from hospitals and psychiatry.  I'm lucky.

In the meantime I am going to print off the article written in the family and friends forum of 'what family and friends can expect' and give them a copy each...happy Christmas family...tis all I've got this year sadly...!

May 2001 - age 24 given 20 mg seroxat. Tried to reduce myself after a year. Told by GP to take on alternate days and I would be fine. FAIL. Assumed 'wrong time' due to university stress and that my 'depression' must be worse than I thought.

Increased dose to 30 mg December 2002. Tried the same technique as before to reduce- made it down to a quarter tablet but couldn't stand symptoms, had a sneaking suspicion that it was due to tablets but never considered dependency - 'depression is a diseased brain after all' (is what I was told)

Continued until October 2010 - tried to CT and managed to last five months - assumed the depression was really bad but had no understanding of the reason for awful anxiety. Ran back to GP started Prozac- went crazy thought I was going to die. Stopped Prozac after two weeks.

April 2010 Started sertraline. Stablished but felt numbed.

September 2010 Asked for seroxat again. Upped my dose to 30 after three weeks. Felt hyper, caffeinated, but functional. Glad to be over what I thought was 'depression'..

Realised it is the meds, want to be free at last - July 2012 started 10% taper from original dose and took supplements. Took suppliments sporadically and despite the temptation the taper, wanted it 'over with'. Taper took exactly six months and 10 days.

Reductions were as follows:
First 2 weeks- 27 mg
Next 2- 24mg
Next 2- 21 mg
Next 2- 18mg
Next 2 15 mg
Next 2 12 mg (held for four weeks due to house move from London back to Ireland)
Next 2 weeks- 9 mg
Next 2 weeks- 6 mg
Next 2- weeks 3 mg
Next 2 weeks 1.5 mg (held for 5 weeks as scared)
10th February 2013 Jumped to zero

Within 3 weeks sadness, led to anxiety.  Restarted suppliments - helped a bit.  Stressful move to London. A lot of fatigue and DEEP emotions. Crying LOTS. Took suppliments on and off, moved back to Ireland after being back in London for only eight weeks as felt too sad and unsettled. 

No suppliments when moved back.  Unhappy at being back, scared I wouldn't ever find happiness - deep deep sadness, anger, STUPIDLY went back to doctor and decided I must just be a 'depressive'.  Given Citalopram/Celexa 20mg.

Took it for seven days, changed my mind, decided to be 'strong' and put it behind me. (No particularly adverse effects that I recall, save for day 5 having inner vibrations in arms and legs) Still had pack of tablets however and every time emotions got hard felt I had to 'go back onto tablets'.  I did this from July until November. (On them off them on them off them) ........

Started to get body vibrations and told myself it was 'anxiety' and I was 'giving myself panic attacks.  I continued to cry as I 'started' the tablets again and again - not wanting to go back there but not sure what else to do. 

More vibrations - but didn't make the connection that I had a compromised CNS -  thought it was anxiety....chest started to pound in Sept, vibrations continued...lost weight, became anxious, sleep was awful and I tried a variety of remedies to replace the tablets and calm my anxiety and lift my mood.  I think they made things worse.

(These included, St.Johns Wort, Rescue Remedy, Homeopathic treatments, Chinese herbs, Passiflora, and suppliments from the online company who state they are experts in assisting people get off meds)

Also did the following:

Talking therapy

Human Givens Therapy

Homeopathy

Narcotics Anonymous

October 23rd took Citalopram (20mg) for 12 days - no relief

November 6th Started Seroxat 10 mg (to be safe) stupidly upped to 20 the next day.

Stayed on 20 for 18 days, no relief, stopped for two days suddenly, relief came - short lived, vibrations and torture came after 72 hours.  Suicidal for days.  Upped to 30 thinking it would improved.  Even more suicidal.  Dropped to 20 again (December 9th) not suicidal, but not better. Started liquid 28th December reduced to 18 mg in effort to reduce and stabilise.  Don't know where to go from here.  Living with parents who are supportive beyond words.

Sweetcreature

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sweetcreature

• Altostrata

• mammaP

• mattinsmom

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it is foolish to switch dosages but I am now considering Alto's suggestion of reducing 1 mil every four days. (or more than four days) My chest gets tighter and tighter in the evenings and eases off in the morning, only to increase in the evening again a few hours after I take the tablet...my anxiety too is higher after taking it. The vibrations in my arms feel like they are being 'kept quiet' or masked over but are still there...Oh, I just don't know....perhaps I am just being impatient??  None of us know how long stablisation will take...I do realise you cannot tell me for sure.... is this as 'stable' as I will get? God help me if it is....

I am just about functional but can not go out or go anywhere on my own...oh maybe I need to wait and stick with 20...it has been nearly 5 weeks but bear in mind there was a week of me being on 30 to account for...maybe that is something to do with it although that was altered two weeks ago...

my mind is also really active and scary when I try to sleep - everything is increased tenfold....cartoon images, racing thoughts...

I know you cant say for sure, just venting and wondering your thoughts...g'night

SC

May 2001 - age 24 given 20 mg seroxat. Tried to reduce myself after a year. Told by GP to take on alternate days and I would be fine. FAIL. Assumed 'wrong time' due to university stress and that my 'depression' must be worse than I thought.

Increased dose to 30 mg December 2002. Tried the same technique as before to reduce- made it down to a quarter tablet but couldn't stand symptoms, had a sneaking suspicion that it was due to tablets but never considered dependency - 'depression is a diseased brain after all' (is what I was told)

Continued until October 2010 - tried to CT and managed to last five months - assumed the depression was really bad but had no understanding of the reason for awful anxiety. Ran back to GP started Prozac- went crazy thought I was going to die. Stopped Prozac after two weeks.

September 2010 Asked for seroxat again. Upped my dose to 30 after three weeks. Felt hyper, caffeinated, but functional. Glad to be over what I thought was 'depression'..

Realised it is the meds, want to be free at last - July 2012 started 10% taper from original dose and took supplements. Took suppliments sporadically and despite the temptation the taper, wanted it 'over with'. Taper took exactly six months and 10 days.

First 2 weeks- 27 mg
Next 2- 24mg
Next 2- 21 mg
Next 2- 18mg
Next 2 15 mg
Next 2 12 mg (held for four weeks due to house move from London back to Ireland)
Next 2 weeks- 9 mg
Next 2 weeks- 6 mg
Next 2- weeks 3 mg

Within 3 weeks sadness, led to anxiety.  Restarted suppliments - helped a bit.  Stressful move to London. A lot of fatigue and DEEP emotions. Crying LOTS. Took suppliments on and off, moved back to Ireland after being back in London for only eight weeks as felt too sad and unsettled. 

No suppliments when moved back.  Unhappy at being back, scared I wouldn't ever find happiness - deep deep sadness, anger, STUPIDLY went back to doctor and decided I must just be a 'depressive'.  Given Citalopram/Celexa 20mg.

Took it for seven days, changed my mind, decided to be 'strong' and put it behind me. (No particularly adverse effects that I recall, save for day 5 having inner vibrations in arms and legs) Still had pack of tablets however and every time emotions got hard felt I had to 'go back onto tablets'.  I did this from July until November. (On them off them on them off them) ........

Started to get body vibrations and told myself it was 'anxiety' and I was 'giving myself panic attacks.  I continued to cry as I 'started' the tablets again and again - not wanting to go back there but not sure what else to do. 

More vibrations - but didn't make the connection that I had a compromised CNS -  thought it was anxiety....chest started to pound in Sept, vibrations continued...lost weight, became anxious, sleep was awful and I tried a variety of remedies to replace the tablets and calm my anxiety and lift my mood.  I think they made things worse.

(These included, St.Johns Wort, Rescue Remedy, Homeopathic treatments, Chinese herbs, Passiflora, and suppliments from the online company who state they are experts in assisting people get off meds)

Also did the following:

Talking therapy

Human Givens Therapy

Homeopathy

Narcotics Anonymous

November 6th Started Seroxat 10 mg (to be safe) stupidly upped to 20 the next day.

Stayed on 20 for 18 days, no relief, stopped for two days suddenly, relief came - short lived, vibrations and torture came after 72 hours.  Suicidal for days.  Upped to 30 thinking it would improved.  Even more suicidal.  Dropped to 20 again (December 9th) not suicidal, but not better. Started liquid 28th December reduced to 18 mg in effort to reduce and stabilise.  Don't know where to go from here.  Living with parents who are supportive beyond words.

Sweetcreature

I really don't know anything about this drug, but if it is so activating, would it help any to gradually move to morning doses? Please forgive me if that is an out-of-context question.

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Zyprexa started about 9/06, mostly 5mg. Tapered 4/12 through12/29/12

Wellbutrin. XL 300 mg started 1/07, tapered 1/18/13 through 7/8/13

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

7.4.14 Started Walsh Protocol

56 years old

Our situations are kind of similar, not sure whether to lower either

2000-2001 10mg Paxil
2001-2012 75mg effexor
2012-2013 37.5mg effexor
c/t effexor early oct, prozac for 10mg 7-8 days, off all meds until reinstating effexor 37.5mg nov 12th

What are your symptoms?

2000-2001 10mg Paxil
2001-2012 75mg effexor
2012-2013 37.5mg effexor
c/t effexor early oct, prozac for 10mg 7-8 days, off all meds until reinstating effexor 37.5mg nov 12th

• Moderator Emeritus

If it were me & I had been taking a particular dosage for 4 out of five weeks and it resulted in me being more functional than I had been for a while, I would definitely stick with whatever that dosage was ( and not f----- around with it ) to give it a fair shot a keeping me more functional.

RU

Fall 1995 xanax, zoloft. switched to Serzone

1996- spring 2003serzone/ xanax/ lightbox.

b]Fall 2003- Fall 2004? Lexapro 10 mg. Light box /4 mg. xanax.[/b]

2004 - Fall of 2009 10 mg Lex, 150 mg Wellbutrin XL % 4 mg xanax

November 2009- Sept. 2011 10 mg lex., 300 Well. XL, 4 mg Xanax [/b

Sept.2012- July 2012 20 mg Lex 300 Well. XL, 4 mg Xanax

My mantra " go slow & with the flow "

3/2/13.. Began equal dosing 5 Xs /day xanax, while simultaneously incorporating a 2.5 % drop ( from 3.5 mg/day to 3.4 mg/day)

4/6/13 dropped from 300 mg. Wellbutrin XL to 150 mg. Difficult but DONE! Down to 3.3 mg xanax/ day / 6/10/13 3 mg xanax/day; 7/15/2013 2.88mg xanax/day.

10/ 1/2013...... 2.5 mg xanax… ( switched to tablets again) WOO HOO!!!!!! Holding here… cont. with Lexapro.

1/ 2/2014.. tapered to 18mg ( by weight) of a 26 mg ( by weight) pill of 20 mg tab. lexapro. goal is 13mg (by weight OR 10 mg by ingredient content) and STOPPED. Feeling very down with unbalanced, unpredictable WD symptoms.

1/2/2014- ??? Taking a brain-healing break from tapering anything after actively tapering something for 1.5 years. So… daily doses as of 2/2/2014: 18 mg by weight Lex, 150 mg Well. XL, 2.5 mg xanax, down from 26 mg by weight Lex., 300 mg well. XL, 4 mg xanax in August, 2012. I'll take it. :) 5/8/14 started equivalent dose liquid./ tabs. 5/13/14 1.5 % cut.

Thank you both.  I take the tablet between 2.30 and 3.00pm each day.  I have noticed that my chest pounding/tighness becomes more intense a few hours after taking it, so that by 7.00pm onwards it is worse.  Anxiety/worry also increases at this time a bit although I am obviously just in a constant state of worry anyway...the fact that my symptoms worsen after taking it leads me to question if I would benefit from it being slightly lower...ie trying 1 mil reductions each week..

I'm really not sure what to do, given that I am not thrashing about on the bathroom floor as I was two weeks ago when on 30 mg, maybe I should stay at 20..

thanks

First 2 weeks- 27 mg
Next 2- 24mg
Next 2- 21 mg
Next 2- 18mg
Next 2 15 mg
Next 2 weeks- 9 mg
Next 2 weeks- 6 mg
Next 2- weeks 3 mg

Also did the following:

Talking therapy

Human Givens Therapy

Homeopathy

Narcotics Anonymous

Sweetcreature

How is your sleep? I myself have little patience for doses that make me sicker after I take them. But I have no idea what is right for you. I have NOT been a model taperer, but I'm still standing :)

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

56 years old

Getting off to sleep has been hard, racing thoughts and images and even voices wooshing through my head...same in the mornings as I try to doze...sleep over all though seems better quality than three or four weeks ago when I was earlier on in this...my nerves were much worse then come to think of it.  I should start a symptoms journal.  How are you today?

First 2 weeks- 27 mg
Next 2- 24mg
Next 2- 21 mg
Next 2- 18mg
Next 2 15 mg
Next 2 weeks- 9 mg
Next 2 weeks- 6 mg
Next 2- weeks 3 mg

Also did the following:

Talking therapy

Human Givens Therapy

Homeopathy

Narcotics Anonymous

Sweetcreature

Awake since 3, but okay. At work now.

56 years old

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi. I don't have any suggestions other than what I have already posted but wanted to tell you that I continue to have nightmares, interrupted sleep patterns, some anxiety upon waking & / or falling asleep .

This summer I experienced these symptoms much, much less frequently & the only thing I can think of that is SIGNIFICANTLY different is that I am not outside ( live in northern latitudes) and am not getting NEAR the fresh air and exercise I did this summer.

Fortunately those things are in my control and as soon as the holidays are over , company gone, rested a bit, I plan to remedy ALL of the above.

Just an FYI…. no suggestions here.. just personal observations of my own symptom pattern. If any of it can help someone else… well that's why we're here… right??!!!

RU  :)

Fall 1995 xanax, zoloft. switched to Serzone

1996- spring 2003serzone/ xanax/ lightbox.

b]Fall 2003- Fall 2004? Lexapro 10 mg. Light box /4 mg. xanax.[/b]

2004 - Fall of 2009 10 mg Lex, 150 mg Wellbutrin XL % 4 mg xanax

November 2009- Sept. 2011 10 mg lex., 300 Well. XL, 4 mg Xanax [/b

Sept.2012- July 2012 20 mg Lex 300 Well. XL, 4 mg Xanax

My mantra " go slow & with the flow "

3/2/13.. Began equal dosing 5 Xs /day xanax, while simultaneously incorporating a 2.5 % drop ( from 3.5 mg/day to 3.4 mg/day)

4/6/13 dropped from 300 mg. Wellbutrin XL to 150 mg. Difficult but DONE! Down to 3.3 mg xanax/ day / 6/10/13 3 mg xanax/day; 7/15/2013 2.88mg xanax/day.

10/ 1/2013...... 2.5 mg xanax… ( switched to tablets again) WOO HOO!!!!!! Holding here… cont. with Lexapro.

1/ 2/2014.. tapered to 18mg ( by weight) of a 26 mg ( by weight) pill of 20 mg tab. lexapro. goal is 13mg (by weight OR 10 mg by ingredient content) and STOPPED. Feeling very down with unbalanced, unpredictable WD symptoms.

1/2/2014- ??? Taking a brain-healing break from tapering anything after actively tapering something for 1.5 years. So… daily doses as of 2/2/2014: 18 mg by weight Lex, 150 mg Well. XL, 2.5 mg xanax, down from 26 mg by weight Lex., 300 mg well. XL, 4 mg xanax in August, 2012. I'll take it. :) 5/8/14 started equivalent dose liquid./ tabs. 5/13/14 1.5 % cut.

Thanks RU and meimei...

yes we are here to give support wherever and however possible... glad you both seem 'okay' ish

First 2 weeks- 27 mg
Next 2- 24mg
Next 2- 21 mg
Next 2- 18mg
Next 2 15 mg
Next 2 weeks- 9 mg
Next 2 weeks- 6 mg
Next 2- weeks 3 mg

Also did the following:

Talking therapy

Human Givens Therapy

Homeopathy

Narcotics Anonymous

Sweetcreature

Any thoughts on this:

I will have the liquid seroxat from tomorrow, thinking of switching to liquid and holding at 20 for another four days, but then experimenting with 19 mg...this is because I still have increase of the inner 'vibrations' in my arms and chesty 'pounding' soon after taking 20 and think it is too high for me...

I realise I am a little better than a few weeks ago but I was the way I was a few weeks ago (I believe becasue of a much too high reinstatement of the drug, along with the impact if stopping/starting/ citalopram for six months and mixing other remedies such as St Johns Wort, rescue remedy and chinese herbs - as opposed to a 'severe' protracted withdrawal state) 

On the other hand I am not even stable yet so realise that any experimentation is risky...but so too I think is remaining on this dose....its all so uncertain and I know you don't have exact answers for me but thought I would ask/share...hope everyone is well and got through Christmas day

SC

First 2 weeks- 27 mg
Next 2- 24mg
Next 2- 21 mg
Next 2- 18mg
Next 2 15 mg
Next 2 weeks- 9 mg
Next 2 weeks- 6 mg
Next 2- weeks 3 mg

Also did the following:

Talking therapy

Human Givens Therapy

Homeopathy

Narcotics Anonymous

Sweetcreature

Hi sc,

I can hear how frustrated and anxious you are but rushing to taper the drug is possibly not indicated as yet. As Rhi said above, you need to stick with a dose for maybe months until you become stable enough to start tapering. The thing we are all struggling with is patience and wd makes is slow down and develop more of it. If you go very slowly and give your body a chance, it will come through for you. Make sure you get outside for some gentle walks even if you have to force yourself. And you need to eat fruits and vegetables and drink lots of water. I know this is not really what you want to hear but it has helped me come out of the bottom of a very bad wave. I know I have a long way to go but we have to start from where we are at.

You will get better! No one knows how long their particular journey will take. But give yourself time to stabilize on the dose you are on.

What happened and how I arrived here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4243-cymbaltawithdrawal5600-introduction/#entry50878

July 2016 I have decided to leave my story here at SA unfinished. I have left my contact information in my profile for anyone who wishes to talk to me. I have a posting history spanning nearly 4 years and 3000+ posts all over the site.

Thank you to all who participated in my recovery. I'll miss talking to you but know that I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines, suffering and rejoicing with you in spirit, as you go on in your journey.

thanks Cym, encouraging words yes...maybe you're right...talk soon

Sc

First 2 weeks- 27 mg
Next 2- 24mg
Next 2- 21 mg
Next 2- 18mg
Next 2 15 mg
Next 2 weeks- 9 mg
Next 2 weeks- 6 mg
Next 2- weeks 3 mg

Also did the following:

Talking therapy

Human Givens Therapy

Homeopathy

Narcotics Anonymous

Sweetcreature

OH I don't want to be a pain but I am not seeing any improvement...I think I am gonna try 19mg once I get the liquid - not to taper but to find a stabilzing dose...it definitely becomes more pronounced soon after I take the meds and for several hours after...

First 2 weeks- 27 mg
Next 2- 24mg
Next 2- 21 mg
Next 2- 18mg
Next 2 15 mg
Next 2 weeks- 9 mg
Next 2 weeks- 6 mg
Next 2- weeks 3 mg

Also did the following:

Talking therapy

Human Givens Therapy

Homeopathy

Narcotics Anonymous

Sweetcreature

• Administrator

Yes, 20mg might be too high a dose for you. You may wish to cut the tablet into quarters and take 15mg (3 quarters).

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Rooting for you!

Current:

Lorazapam2mg: 4/9/152mg - 1.5mg: already sick/nothing noticed. No changes in sleep noted after illness.  

Lamictal: 7/27/13 - 8/6/13: 400mg - 500mg(dr order) mouth sores, headache, cognitive/balance, heart palp...8/7/13 - 8/23/13: 500mg - 400mg; symptoms↓...10/10/13: 350mg; fever/flu-like <2-weeks...12/30/13: 325mg; fever/flu-like symptoms <1-week...2/10/17: 300mg; no significant changes noted. 

Discontinued:

Omeprazole: 09/2103 40mg...5/1/14: 20mg... 8/21/14 = 0

Wellbutrin: 11/22/13: 300mg – 225mg...12/6/13 delayed reaction- mood swings, weight↓, heart palp/chest pain, alerting...12/14/13: 187mg; physical symptoms↓, neuro emotions ↑, weight stable...12/20/13: 225mg; physical symptoms return, emotions stable <1-week, weight↓...4/21/14: 187mg; weight↑...5/17/14 (neurologist ordered discontinue asap):168mg; headache, mood swings, ↑weight, sleep flux...5/24/14: 150mg; headache, mood swings, ↓cognitive/balance...6/2/14: 112mg; see above, weight stable, <3-weeks... 6/28/14: 100mg; moody...7/25/14: 87.5mg; family troubles... 8/4/14: 75mg; headaches; moody... 8/9/1450mg headaches... 8/12/14: 37.5mg; 8/17/14: 25mg...8/26/14 = 0

Hydroxyzine; 10mg: 5/20/15 *prn 4/5 times then dc'd. Mood changes/rage 

Buspirone: 7.5mg: 5/20/15 *prn 4/5 times then dc'd. No changes.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hope you feel better at the reduced dose SC. 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

Thank you ladies for your replies.

I have two choices:

Reduce slowly every few days and see if I stabilise or,

Cut out the suppliments and introduce them again one by one... I dont know if I am imagining it but I wonder if the fish oil is too activating.  I see from other threads that this can be the case for some.  

I take my tablet as you know at around 3.00pm from the hours of 3.00pm till about 1.00am my symptoms worsen, BUT the fish oil is taken at bed time (10.00 ish but it varies) whereas the other suppliments are taken at meals....without fail my symptoms worsen between these hours and I don't know if it is the fish oil or the meds.  the meds work on such a slow and sneaky level that it could be them...  

A week ago I forgot the fish oil at had AWFUL trouble, voices, cartoon images, flashing images fast fast fast ideas that were very uncomfortable.  I made sure to take the fish oil the next night and it didn't happen.  (Body vibrations and pounding chest continued)

I woke calm (ish) two hours ago and less than one hour ago I took the fish oil alone as an experiment, I cant be sure but I think the pounding has worsened and the vibrations have worsened!  But then again the fish oil helped with the whoosing images that previous night...

In order to be ultra careful and conservative I think I will skip the fish oil for a few days but stay on 20...then re evaluate...I am going to write down every single symptom and times of meds and/or suppliments.

Also, I will have the liquid from today in order to reduce if I decide to go that way and instead of 15 I would try 19, then 18 etc....

thanks all

SC

First 2 weeks- 27 mg
Next 2- 24mg
Next 2- 21 mg
Next 2- 18mg
Next 2 15 mg
Next 2 weeks- 9 mg
Next 2 weeks- 6 mg
Next 2- weeks 3 mg

Also did the following:

Talking therapy

Human Givens Therapy

Homeopathy

Narcotics Anonymous

Sweetcreature

Reduced to 18 mg (liquid seroxat) yesterday.  feel a tiny bit better symptoms but I'm aware I need to give it at least a few days before I will know...maybe it is all in my head....

Also stopped all suppliments and hope to reintroduce them again one by one when I am stable.

Please note this is not the start of me attempting to taper but rather, a *risky* experiment at attempting to find my stable dose....

*its all risky anyway*

First 2 weeks- 27 mg
Next 2- 24mg
Next 2- 21 mg
Next 2- 18mg
Next 2 15 mg
Next 2 weeks- 9 mg
Next 2 weeks- 6 mg
Next 2- weeks 3 mg

Also did the following:

Talking therapy

Human Givens Therapy

Homeopathy

Narcotics Anonymous

Sweetcreature

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi SC,

Please would you add your restatement and subsequent dose changes to your signature, that way its easy to see what's currently relevant in your situation.

Please note this is not the start of me attempting to taper but rather, a *risky* experiment at attempting to find my stable dose....

I'm not sure, but I think you are following Alto's suggestion of a fairly fast taper down to 15mg and then you will hold there, for a long time.

Its not actually possible to achieve stability, by experimenting with different dosages.  Stability occurs in time through routine and by minimizing changes and stress to the nervous system.  A reduction of symptoms usually happens over time, within a windows and waves pattern.  Think in terms of weeks and months, not days.

Experimenting on a destabilized nervous system makes the problem worse.

I think that once you decide on a dose, stick with it and also become consistent with which supplements you are going to take, you will slowly start to feel better.

Petu.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

Thank you Petu,

Yes I am trying the suggestion above.

I suppose I was naively hoping to feel immediate relief with the drop to 18 mg as I really do believe this dose is too high, feel like its poisoning me.... cant risk dropping to 10 or even 15 suddenly though...or should I?  I tried 15 and had a bad night sweat and light headedness but it wasnt unbearable...then again there is lag time to factor in and had I continued with such a sudden drop I may have ended up worse.  In my humble experience of many atttempts at self medicating though, I only ever felt 'depressed' and sh1tty when I dropped...suicidal ideation and body vibrations came when I up dosed....come to think of it..

Mind you - I am trying to apply logic here and logic is lost in this issue right...Sigh..

This is day 3 on 18 mg.  Feeling very hopeless and afraid.  No improvement but thanks for your reminder about stability coming in windows and waves...my time of the month is also due soon so I guess it might be a factor in my mood.

Might drop to 17 mg on 1st or 2nd Jan...

Thoughts anyone??

SC

First 2 weeks- 27 mg
Next 2- 24mg
Next 2- 21 mg
Next 2- 18mg
Next 2 15 mg
Next 2 weeks- 9 mg
Next 2 weeks- 6 mg
Next 2- weeks 3 mg

Also did the following:

Talking therapy

Human Givens Therapy

Homeopathy

Narcotics Anonymous

Sweetcreature

Well, Alto suggested 15mg on the 26th...I think I taper easier than some, but my first Welbutrin cut was 30% and I needed to do that...and I survived it just fine. You need to get to a place where you can breathe, then settle there for a bit. But only you can sense what that is.

56 years old

yes she did...i'm so scared meimeiquest I don't know what to do! It 

You survived 30 % huh?

Oh I just don't know...if I could just breathe as you say at ANY da*n dose I would..

Oh I know you don't all have the answers....;-(

thanks for listening though - will keep you posted

SC x

First 2 weeks- 27 mg
Next 2- 24mg
Next 2- 21 mg
Next 2- 18mg
Next 2 15 mg
Next 2 weeks- 9 mg
Next 2 weeks- 6 mg
Next 2- weeks 3 mg

Also did the following:

Talking therapy

Human Givens Therapy

Homeopathy

Narcotics Anonymous

Sweetcreature

'Yes, 20mg might be too high a dose for you. You may wish to cut the tablet into quarters and take 15mg (3 quarters)'

Alto: Should I try this?  Is it not too much of a jump? Remembering what Rhi said too about pulling the rug from under me...I dont mean to bring sorrow but really wonder if I will ever get better....Sorry...off to bed 
;-(

First 2 weeks- 27 mg
Next 2- 24mg
Next 2- 21 mg
Next 2- 18mg
Next 2 15 mg
Next 2 weeks- 9 mg
Next 2 weeks- 6 mg
Next 2- weeks 3 mg

Also did the following:

Talking therapy

Human Givens Therapy

Homeopathy

Narcotics Anonymous

Sweetcreature

Just my 2-cents, it was my experience that the worst possible time for me to make a decision of any kind was when my period was due. Maybe give yourself a little time to catch your breath. Hang in there.

Current:

Lorazapam2mg: 4/9/152mg - 1.5mg: already sick/nothing noticed. No changes in sleep noted after illness.  

Lamictal: 7/27/13 - 8/6/13: 400mg - 500mg(dr order) mouth sores, headache, cognitive/balance, heart palp...8/7/13 - 8/23/13: 500mg - 400mg; symptoms↓...10/10/13: 350mg; fever/flu-like <2-weeks...12/30/13: 325mg; fever/flu-like symptoms <1-week...2/10/17: 300mg; no significant changes noted. 

Discontinued:

Omeprazole: 09/2103 40mg...5/1/14: 20mg... 8/21/14 = 0

Wellbutrin: 11/22/13: 300mg – 225mg...12/6/13 delayed reaction- mood swings, weight↓, heart palp/chest pain, alerting...12/14/13: 187mg; physical symptoms↓, neuro emotions ↑, weight stable...12/20/13: 225mg; physical symptoms return, emotions stable <1-week, weight↓...4/21/14: 187mg; weight↑...5/17/14 (neurologist ordered discontinue asap):168mg; headache, mood swings, ↑weight, sleep flux...5/24/14: 150mg; headache, mood swings, ↓cognitive/balance...6/2/14: 112mg; see above, weight stable, <3-weeks... 6/28/14: 100mg; moody...7/25/14: 87.5mg; family troubles... 8/4/14: 75mg; headaches; moody... 8/9/1450mg headaches... 8/12/14: 37.5mg; 8/17/14: 25mg...8/26/14 = 0

Hydroxyzine; 10mg: 5/20/15 *prn 4/5 times then dc'd. Mood changes/rage 

Buspirone: 7.5mg: 5/20/15 *prn 4/5 times then dc'd. No changes.

Thanks Amy,

Alto- any thoughts.? I'm sorry - I am like a broken record :(

First 2 weeks- 27 mg
Next 2- 24mg
Next 2- 21 mg
Next 2- 18mg
Next 2 15 mg
Next 2 weeks- 9 mg
Next 2 weeks- 6 mg
Next 2- weeks 3 mg

Also did the following:

Talking therapy

Human Givens Therapy

Homeopathy

Narcotics Anonymous

Sweetcreature

Should I consider the Prozac switch as mentioned in another post?

First 2 weeks- 27 mg
Next 2- 24mg
Next 2- 21 mg
Next 2- 18mg
Next 2 15 mg
Next 2 weeks- 9 mg
Next 2 weeks- 6 mg
Next 2- weeks 3 mg

Also did the following:

Talking therapy

Human Givens Therapy

Homeopathy

Narcotics Anonymous

Sweetcreature

I have no space to edit my signature but want to update.

I am of the view that 20 was indeed too much for me and feel like it was rather like pouring hot tea into a tea cup and continuing to fill it and trying to walk while holding it and not getting burned or wet...

I have therefore done the following:

1st Jan 14 reduced to 16.4mg (liquid) will stay till 5th Jan 14 

I then plan to go to 14.8 for 4-5 days, 

then 13.2 for 4-5 days and so on, monitoring all the way and stopping and holding when it is right.

This calculation is based on the 10% reduction option - which I realise at this high stage equals to reductions of more than 1 mg and will of course reverse soon...

I *Think* I notice a slight decrease in my symptoms/side effects.  Feeling a tiny bit more hopeful.  although hideous night sweat last night.

Reintroducing suppliments one at a time - started on Jan 2 with L'theannine

1) L'theanine

2) B Vitamin (multi)

3) Fish Oil

4) Magnesuim

5) Probiotic

6) Vit D

7) Vit C

I guess I will ensure that I first feel okay on that dose before introducing suppliments. 

Thanks

SC

First 2 weeks- 27 mg
Next 2- 24mg
Next 2- 21 mg
Next 2- 18mg
Next 2 15 mg
Next 2 weeks- 9 mg
Next 2 weeks- 6 mg
Next 2- weeks 3 mg

Also did the following:

Talking therapy

Human Givens Therapy

Homeopathy

Narcotics Anonymous

Sweetcreature

• Moderator Emeritus

SC, you are going too fast again! 10% reduction should be every few weeks.

You have gone up and down, on and off, switched meds and you NEED to

stabilise. Prozac made you ill before and would probably do so again. 

I'm sorry this is hard for you, it is terrible that we all have to go through all 

this but there are no short cuts. 

You need to stick to one dose for a good while, maybe even months to 

stabilise. I had to hold for 7 months after reinstating. I know you want off it

as soon as it is possible but you want to be able to function while tapering. 

I would stick with the 16.4 for a while and see how it goes.

Be careful with the supplements too, they can make things worse when in withdrawal.

I had to stop b vitamins because they made me very jumpy and anxious. 

Magnesium and fish oil are the only supplements that consistently seem to help people,

malatonin helps some with sleep. Most other supplements just make matters worse for

many of us. 

I hope you feel better soon, please keep a steady dose for a month or so and let us know how it is going. 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

Thank you MammaP

I was trying to do a faster taper away from this high a dose so that I might stabilise somewhere between 10 and 15...and THEN stay at that for several weeks or months

You don't think that is a good idea even though I am feeling a bit better?

I am closer to stable now I think than I was..

It was also one of Alto's suggestions (although she did say 1 mg every 4 days) if you see some past posts...

Thoughts??  

Thank you again for caring 

SC x

First 2 weeks- 27 mg
Next 2- 24mg
Next 2- 21 mg
Next 2- 18mg
Next 2 15 mg
Next 2 weeks- 9 mg
Next 2 weeks- 6 mg
Next 2- weeks 3 mg

Also did the following:

Talking therapy

Human Givens Therapy

Homeopathy

Narcotics Anonymous

Sweetcreature

• Moderator Emeritus

Sorry if I'm confusing you SC, I'm thinking that BECAUSE you are feeling better,

20mg was too much before but now you are feeling better at a lower dose

I  would stay put. Alto knows much more than I do though and might think differently,

I would go with her advice if it differs to mine! 

I would just hate to see you taking a step back when you are feeling better.

This has been hard for you and it's good to see you feeling much better, I hope it stays this way for you. 

2002  effexor. 

Aw MammaP Thank you for caring...!

No you aren't confusing me - this whole thing is confusing buisness really - for all of us :-(

I Am feeling a little better than I was but will keep an eye on everything...will see if Alto will provide some input too...if anything perhaps the 1 mg would be preferable rather than my adapted strategy of 10%

Bless you again MP X

First 2 weeks- 27 mg
Next 2- 24mg
Next 2- 21 mg
Next 2- 18mg
Next 2 15 mg
Next 2 weeks- 9 mg
Next 2 weeks- 6 mg
Next 2- weeks 3 mg

Also did the following:

Talking therapy

Human Givens Therapy

Homeopathy

Narcotics Anonymous

Sweetcreature

• Administrator

If you are feeling better at 16.4mg, I would stay there for a bit before decreasing further.

Yes, I say make 1mg decreases for a reason. Since you've made a fairly large cut, don't make any more dramatic changes for a while.

(Please do not start topics or send me personal messages to bring my attention to a post. That makes more work for me. I am in California and I do not monitor the site 24 hours a day. When I do look in, I look at the oldest fresh posts in the Introductions forum first.)

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Thank you Alto, and I am sorry for my impatience, I very much appreciate your looking at this.

When you say a 'bit' I am not sure what you mean?  Another few weeks or days at 16.4 then reduce by only 1ml until 10 or 15 or somewhere in between?

The side effects remain but seem marginally less at this dose

I was really silly to even ask about the prozac switch considering my previous experience with it....however has a switch/bridge been done successfully with sertraline that you know of?

I ask because I switched successfully to it after the prozac nightmare - four years ago.  I went back on seroxat because I just felt 'bleugh' on sertraline - but clearly my needs and goals are different this time round.  GP last week was considering a switch also but i told her I was too scared to take the chance.  

Thanks again - and sorry,

SC

First 2 weeks- 27 mg
Next 2- 24mg
Next 2- 21 mg
Next 2- 18mg
Next 2 15 mg
Next 2 weeks- 9 mg
Next 2 weeks- 6 mg
Next 2- weeks 3 mg

Also did the following:

Talking therapy

Human Givens Therapy

Homeopathy

Narcotics Anonymous

Sweetcreature