tysons's son: on Zyprexa

tyson

Hello, friends

Last week I was watching a psychiatry lecture on you tube about Akathisia. In the middle of his lecture something caught my attention and I want ask if anyone is aware of it. He mentions that Benzotropin which is used to help Akathisia, should not be taken for long period because it can create sensitivity and can increase parkinsonian and Akathisia. l

Since my had taken this pill for three years now starting 2mg to 0.25mg now. 

Any idea about this knowledge of benzotropin  and your suggestion about long term use would be  appreciated. 

Hi, 

This is Tyson. I'm not sure if I'm doing this in the right place. But I'm doing this cause I thought I don't have a file here. 

I was trying to get some help from members with my son's withdrawal, but it's been lost somewhere. So, I thought maybe I should 

put my intro. and then that might help.

My son started Respiradol 3mg took that for three month and dropped it. Then Abilify 5mg for six month and due to his restlesnes, stopped by his doc. 

then got ordered to take zyprexa 15mg. He took zyprexa for five years but lowering with the help of doc and compounding pharmacy. he is now on 1.25mg. but 

things are getting tough. no nutrition guide or supplements. 

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tyson

• Altostrata

• nz11

• ChessieCat

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, everyone

Last time, I asked my son's psychiatrist about the time when he would like to start to reduce his congentine. Her said, he will start reducing it after my son is down below 1mg of Risperdole.  would anyone comment, if his idea is right or it's late?  Since, taking congintine for long time, it can increase Akathisia and Parkinsonian  symptoms. 

Any comment is appreciated. 

Hi, 

This is Tyson. I'm not sure if I'm doing this in the right place. But I'm doing this cause I thought I don't have a file here. 

I was trying to get some help from members with my son's withdrawal, but it's been lost somewhere. So, I thought maybe I should 

My son started Respiradol 3mg took that for three month and dropped it. Then Abilify 5mg for six month and due to his restlesnes, stopped by his doc. 

then got ordered to take zyprexa 15mg. He took zyprexa for five years but lowering with the help of doc and compounding pharmacy. he is now on 1.25mg. but 

• 7 months later...

Hi, Tyson is down to 1mg for four month now. he was taking 1mg whole for a month and his Dr. changed it to four 0.25mg. he took that dose for three month now. 

Is there any dose change from one whole vs.  divided 1mg to four pieces.? Would that updose the amount or down dose it? 

cause his behavior has changed after the switch. 

He is not stable still. but he is holding on this dose for now. he will have a meeting in a month with his doctor. He also takes 0.25 Congentin. 

Hi, 

• 4 months later...

Hi, friends 

My son is still on the same dose of 1mg Risperadol  and 0.25mg congentine. 

Does any one dealt with congentine? The pharmacist said he should start tapering it down but we are not sure if that is  good advice. Any input with idea is appreciated. 

Hi, 

• 6 months later...
On 6/26/2022 at 7:51 PM, tyson said:

Hi, friends 

My son is still on the same dose of 1mg Risperadol  and 0.25mg congentine. 

Does any one dealt with congentine? The pharmacist said he should start tapering it down but we are not sure if that is  good advice. Any input with idea is appreciated. 

Hi! Did you taper the cogentin? Did it make your sons akathisia worse? 

2000-2018 150-200mg Sertraline and Vyvanse

2018- vyvanse 60mg to 0 over 6mo. 200mg Sertraline to 150mg. 2019- 150mg Sertraline to 100mg. Early 2021- 100mg to 87.5, two weeks later 87.5 to 75mg, 1.25-4mg bromazepam PRN. Mid 2021 - Feb 2022 taper 2.5%-5% 75mg to 50mg. March 2022 bromazepam for 3 weeks. May 9th 2022 started Propranolol, 10mg in the morning and 10mg in the evening. July 2022- off propranolol Oct 2022- off birth control. Dec 2022- updose sertraline 100mg, benztropine 1mg and Ativan 1mg. March 2023- stop benztropine. May 2023 - ativan taper finished. May 2023 - updose Sertraline to 125mg added propranolol 40mg added Ativan 1mg. July 5- sertraline 112.5mg propranolol 60mg, quick 2 week Ativan taper. Current meds: propranolol 60mg, sertraline 106.25mg, Ativan .025mg, B6, CoQ10, Magnesium Glycinate

Sorry for late response. My son still on congentin 0.25mg. and 1.125mg  Risperdone. The Akathisia is still same. 

Hi,