mlrp

Twelve-Step Recovery & Surviving Antidepressants

FarmGirlWorks
5 hours ago, Hibari said:

He even talked about his addiction to being a celebrity.

@Hibari: That would be a hard one, right? That makes me want to read it even more.

I'm glad you have program friends to reach out to. I had someone reach out to me last night and realized how important it is... I am such a self-isolater!

Hibari

F

18 hours ago, FarmGirlWorks said:

@Hibari: That would be a hard one, right? That makes me want to read it even more.

I'm glad you have program friends to reach out to. I had someone reach out to me last night and realized how important it is... I am such a self-isolater!

I understand.  It's taken me awhile to have the courage to reach out.  I have a feeling there is more growth to go.

I think from my chronic tendency to

caretake, which is one of the reasons I'm in Alanon, I have hesitated to reach out.  I feared I would get stuck again in a role, (one that I chose), of listening to other people.  I also feared i would not be able to have my emotional needs met. 

But what I have slowly discovered is that when I make a program call, the people who respond know I need support and if they pick up the phone they are signaling they can be there for me.  That's a relief.  The same goes for me. I have the right to not respond if it's not a good time.  

I feel I have my recovery track and my wd track. Sometimes they can cross over and sometimes its two completely separate journeys.  It took me some time to figure that out.