ikam

ikam: tapering escitalopram

ikam

yes, they realised that their guidelines were from 2004, since then so much have changed; they will try to do more research and hopefully better information for doctors...

ikam

I am doing OK despite of huge problems. The husband is making things complicated. Just paid for solicitor, two months of her work £4500...this is on top of ongoing expenses... 

I have gone beyond feelings but every morning wake up with a kind of anxious feeling...

Therefore I go to bed much earlier as this gives me enough sleep... 

My life is completely dominated by this divorce... 

I was holding for over two weeks, no additional symptoms, so I will restart tapering tomorrow... Just 1%...

ikam

I am down by 48% 

experiencing a severe stress related to the financial matters and, i have to travel to the house that used to be my home, i was not there for 10 years...

i am hit by many memories and type of trauma...

isolating...

ikam

Down by 49%...

So far so good... 

But tired from an ongoing longterm stress... 

Just visited my house after 10 years of not being there, need to prepare for sale, unfortunately it is more than 200 miles away... 

jozeff

Wow ikam, almost halfway!

Very good, you can be very proud of yourself.

I understand that you have a lot of long term stress. That is very bad for your healing. Let's hope that you will be experiencing some great weeks and months with little problems and a lot of healing!

Cheers

Jozeff

ikam

Thanks. You are right, additional stress is bad for healing. 

I was aware of this when I started tapering, but I also knew that I would not have a period with no stress... 

IT is ongoing... 

And I am in an apogeum, I think...

Severly affected by husband actions, I may end up with no money, I have already lost my prospects for the future...

ikam

I am generally very tired, so I try to sleep longer, sometimes go to bed at 8pm!

i have another health problem, it is called Morton's neuroma and it is more and more painful...

the treatment they offer are steroid injections...

As the pain is severe i think I have no choice...

Junglechicken
3 minutes ago, ikam said:

I am generally very tired, so I try to sleep longer, sometimes go to bed at 8pm!

i have another health problem, it is called Morton's neuroma and it is more and more painful...

the treatment they offer are steroid injections...

As the pain is severe i think I have no choice...

So sorry Ikam, did your GP explain how/why you developed Morton's neuroma? Is it autoimmune?

I have been following your updates, and know you're having a terrible time.

Get as much sleep as you can, your body is clearly needing it.

Hugs,

JC

ikam

The consultant said that there is often no explanation to mortons neuroma. I never wear unconforable shoes. So this is a mistery...

With my problems, it is only now I have realised to extent of silent abuse from my husband. It is called coercive control, which is now considered as a crime in the UK, but because I have solicitors now I cannot report it... 

I am left with huge debt, the house that will not sell well, as it was not kept in good repairs, he even took away the oven-cooker when he moved out, but left a dirty fridge, a washing machine with damp washing in it, lots of furniture items that I have to remove, etc. 

The house is 200miles from here, so it is not easy to deal with everything. 

The bank wants money as he did not pay since  January, so the matter is with their legal team and I have to report to them, and receive all the correspondence... 

I will be driving there on Saturday to meet up somebody who will help me with some redecorating... 

I am dreading this... 

Feel like retreating, I do spend a lot of time on my own... Anything extra just overhelmes me... 

And this is not finished yet. The courts gave a huge backlog of matters and are really behind... 

Really worried sometimes... 

jozeff

Hi ikam,

I'm so sorry you have to go through all this. This must be very destabilising for you. I had a situation were an aunt of mine who does died lefte with a lot of debt and trouble and this ramped upy symptoms big time.

The good news is, when things get calmer eventually your NS will appreciate this and reward your courage and strength!

It's hard ikam but you have to keep head straight. Do you do things to calm your body like watching movies, walking etc..

This is important so you don't drain your system completely.

I wish you good luck and hugs from the Netherlands!!

Jozeff

ikam

Thanks Jozeff. I am trying my best. Resting a lot, go to Pilates... Watch TV... Spend time at home, as it calms me a lot... 

Unfortunately, so much just does not depend on me... 

I have to drive there this Saturday, not that I want to... 

I cut down to 50%, and I will hold for a month or so... 

I have to continue with the tapper as I don't expect a time stress free for long... 

ikam

Got a steroid injection yesterday. 

I had extreme pain in a nearby joint last night. Is this possible? 

Feeling generally disturbed... 

ikam

Lots of anxiety, I think this is related to a steroid injection last week

But also

The matters with the house I need to sell are complicated. The husband left in the beginning of October. The house requires major repairs, including roof and I have no money for this. 

The bank demands money, etc etc... 

I am worried about my future 

Miracle123
On 12/4/2018 at 7:35 PM, ikam said:

Lots of anxiety, I think this is related to a steroid injection last week

But also

The matters with the house I need to sell are complicated. The husband left in the beginning of October. The house requires major repairs, including roof and I have no money for this. 

The bank demands money, etc etc... 

I am worried about my future 

Hi Ikam, im just curious after took a steroid injection.....beside extreme anxiety....Did you hit by other withdrawals? Im just took 1 tetanus injection last week and hits with badly withdrawals. Before this injection , overall im feel fine in between waves and window and still managable. For your information im just 14 months off lexapro. 

Im so sorry you are dealing with those problem and over worries or stress will made withdrawals even worsed. Got other way or seek for family members/relative can help you to solve a problem? I hope you can find a way out or better solution to help your financial difficuties. Take care and hugs🤗

ikam

Hmm...Yes, it felt like being hit by WD... 

I had a tension in my head, increased sweating, problem with having vivid dreams, low mood, lack of energy...

It is so difficult to judge if this I'd WD, steroid side effects or impact of a severe stress...

I think it is all of the above...

I am a bit better today. Cancelled my second injection. It never made any difference to my foot... 

I will talk to the consultant about other options... 

Miracle123
13 hours ago, ikam said:

Hmm...Yes, it felt like being hit by WD... 

I had a tension in my head, increased sweating, problem with having vivid dreams, low mood, lack of energy...

Thanks for your reply...im faced it same too.....hit by terrible head and brain pressure. Im believe those injection will mess up our sensitive body and CNS. 

Hope you feel better and well today. Take care.

jozeff

Hi ikam,

Too bad you have to go through all this.

I hope you will recover soon and that a nice window will appear!

Wish you the best.

Jozeff

ikam
9 hours ago, Miracle123 said:

Thanks for your reply...im faced it same too.....hit by terrible head and brain pressure. Im believe those injection will mess up our sensitive body and CNS. 

Hope you feel better and well today. Take care.

this is how it felt....i am better today, cancelled my second injection, i rather be in pain...

ikam
8 hours ago, jozeff said:

Hi ikam,

Too bad you have to go through all this.

I hope you will recover soon and that a nice window will appear!

Wish you the best.

Jozeff

THANKS, Jozeff. I am better today...

Still the matters with the house overwhelm me, but it would anybody, even without WD...

ikam

On 12/10/2018 at 5:03 AM, Miracle123 said:

ikam

54%

The stress as related to the divorce and finances  continues... 

IT has been like this at least one year... 

The matters are almost completed, but still waiting for aspects that do not depend on me... 

Feeling powerless and exhausted... 

wantrelief

Hi Ikam - I wanted to tell you how much I admire your perseverance with your taper even midst what sounds like very stressful and trying circumstances. You are very brave and strong. 💪 

ikam
On 1/26/2019 at 6:34 PM, wantrelief said:

Hi Ikam - I wanted to tell you how much I admire your perseverance with your taper even midst what sounds like very stressful and trying circumstances. You are very brave and strong. 💪 

Thank you. I had a longer hold, but restarted tappering. I need to persevere otherwise I would stay on it for life. 

I have other meds, unsure if I will he ever able to stop them. 

Although it is scary in the UK, as post Brexit there may be problems with medication... 

ikam

Hi, just a note, I started my tapper from 2.5 mg 925 days ago. 

I have managed to decrease by %55 of 2.5mg

Frogie
8 hours ago, ikam said:

Hi, just a note, I started my tapper from 2.5 mg 925 days ago. 

I have managed to decrease by %55 of 2.5mg

That’s great ikam!

I have one more taper of lexapro at the end of the month and I’m free! But I still have Xanax to go🙁

Hope everything is going well with the divorce. I haven’t been on much.

Take care,

Frogie xx

ikam

Good LUCK, Froggie. This is impressive. 

I have had lots of problems related to the divorce, almost there, but the house is still not sold and he did not pay the mortgage since last Jan, he only moved out in October... 

I live elsewhere, for many years he occupied my house... 

I am unsure if I will manage to fulfil all the bank's expectations... 

Frogie
3 hours ago, ikam said:

Good LUCK, Froggie. This is impressive. 

I have had lots of problems related to the divorce, almost there, but the house is still not sold and he did not pay the mortgage since last Jan, he only moved out in October... 

I live elsewhere, for many years he occupied my house... 

I am unsure if I will manage to fulfil all the bank's expectations... 

I’m so sorry to hear that. I hope everything works out for the best.

Thanks for the luck I need it, lol...

Take care,

Frogie xx

ikam

58%

= I am on 1.05mg at present. My starting dose was 2.5mg, I started this tapper 960 days ago

Frogie
4 hours ago, ikam said:

58%

= I am on 1.05mg at present. My starting dose was 2.5mg, I started this tapper 960 days ago

You’re doing wonderful!

ikam

Do nerves heal? 

I have had a stabbing pain in my foot since december. 

I do not know how to deal with this? It affects my walking in times. 

this type of pain is not new for me, I get it every so often in different parts of my body. It seems unrelated to tappering...

I think it is a combination of stress, tappering, not doing exercise...I used to walk a lot, but now i do not enjoy the outside world...

What are people's experiences with pain? What helps?

ikam

Still dealing with a house sale. I worry that I will not manage to sell it as the credit approaches fast. 

I asked for a lower price. I need a break from the bank demanding money.

I got my divorce, but cannot enjoy it yet as the house seems like a dark cloud

Frogie
1 hour ago, ikam said:

Still dealing with a house sale. I worry that I will not manage to sell it as the credit approaches fast. 

I asked for a lower price. I need a break from the bank demanding money.

I got my divorce, but cannot enjoy it yet as the house seems like a dark cloud

I’m sorry you are going through all of this. I have back pain everyday. But mine is caused by degenerative disc disease not nerves. I hope you get it straightened out soon. At least you finally got your divorce. That’s good news.

Take care,

Frogie xx

ikam

I had to take diazepam due to increased agitation. 

Actually, it increased my anxiety. 

Is this possible? 

The stress level I am under is severe. I have taken time off work. I will not take diazepam anymore

ikam

Both, the divorce and house sale achieved... 🌞 

The house sale was completed just on Tuesday... 

My mind was so full of problems for the past two years that suddenly it feels kind of empty... 

I am down by 66%, taking 34%...