Cheeky: on Paxil for 23 years needing advice

Cheeky

Thanks ChessieCat,

For your wise words, I will hold and see how things go. I also just really need to get off this stuff and just feel so far away from the end.

• 1995 started Paxil 20mg slowly increasing to 50mg 2014 I decided to tapper myself not knowing how too and crashed , DR added 50mg of Seroquel

• Through the years made many mistakes tapering

• Started Tapering Both drugs at the same time 7.5% per month Paxil 9% Seroquel doing daily micro-taper 

• Guided by Mark Horowitz

• 31/3/24 Paxil 10.31mg

• 31/3/24 Seroquel 9.9mg

Hi Cheeky--  I'm sorry to hear that you're having so much trouble right now.  All that piled on top of everything.  Things will sort themselves out, but for the time being it's just a matter of surviving hour by hour, day by day.  Give the taper a long rest and wait for the dust to settle before continuing.  Every once in a while make sure to take a few minutes for your self to just sit quietly and let everything drop away and unknot your shoulders.

(((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))

Brass

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Cheeky,

I agree -- hang in there; day by day, hour by hour if needed. Stabilizing for a while will be a gift to your nervous system. Hang in there. 

2020: After 18+ years (entire adult life) on Paxil, a dangerous doctor-led "taper" in 2015, and four years tapering off the last 1 mg thanks to SA and the Brassmonkey slide, 

I AM COMPLETELY FREE OF PAXIL! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Forever.

2021: Began conservative, proper, CNS-respecting taper of Zoloft, led by the only expert on me -- me. Making own liquid. 5-10% plus holds.

2022: Holding on Zoloft for now. Current dose 47 mg. Hanging in, hanging on. Severe protracted PAWS, windows and waves. While I may not be doing "a lot" by outside standards, things are graaaaadually getting better

Yoga (gentle to medium); walks; daily breath practice; nutrition, fruits/veg; nature; water; EastEnders (lol); practicing self-compassion, self-care; boundaries; connection; allowing feelings; t r u s t ing that I, too, will heal. (--> may need to be reminded of this.)

"You are not alone, and this is not the end of your story." - Baylissa

Thankyou everyone for your kind words. I have always been strong and got through things but this time I'm finding it difficult. I have to let go of being a perfectionist and accept I can't handle all off this on my own. I really love my husband but he reylies on me to do everything and I have enabled him to do that the last 17 years of marriage . I'm not the same person I was 5 years ago when my CNS went crazy after being CT of Paxil , my mental state is very sensitive. I will do what I can and that is all I can do. Sorry for rambling on.....

• 1995 started Paxil 20mg slowly increasing to 50mg 2014 I decided to tapper myself not knowing how too and crashed , DR added 50mg of Seroquel

• Started Tapering Both drugs at the same time 7.5% per month Paxil 9% Seroquel doing daily micro-taper 

• 31/3/24 Paxil 10.31mg

• 31/3/24 Seroquel 9.9mg

I know everyone is going to say this is normal, but these are the symptoms I'm experiencing at the moment, my ears feel like they need to pop, slightly dizzy, yawning a lot , head pressure, crying easily, jittery hands, when lying down I feel my body slightly tremble under my skin, nervousness , fatigue, loose stools , very anixous, feeling very cold like chills and worrying excessive. Sorry everybody I'm just needing s little reassurance.

• 31/3/24 Paxil 10.31mg

• 31/3/24 Seroquel 9.9mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Cheeky, 

Please don't feel bad about asking for reassurance! First, I am happy to reassure you and I know others are too. Second, your asking for reassurance reminds me that it is okay for me to do the same!

The annoying symptoms you're experience definitely sound like withdrawal. I think it is safe to say they will pass. 

This is interesting because I was having an ear-popping thing yesterday--my ears were clicking and popping like crazy and I was so distracted by it that I was worried the person I was talking to would think I wasn't listening to them!

Hang in there, Cheeky, and let us know how you are doing! Hugs.

2020: After 18+ years (entire adult life) on Paxil, a dangerous doctor-led "taper" in 2015, and four years tapering off the last 1 mg thanks to SA and the Brassmonkey slide, 

2021: Began conservative, proper, CNS-respecting taper of Zoloft, led by the only expert on me -- me. Making own liquid. 5-10% plus holds.

2022: Holding on Zoloft for now. Current dose 47 mg. Hanging in, hanging on. Severe protracted PAWS, windows and waves. While I may not be doing "a lot" by outside standards, things are graaaaadually getting better

Yoga (gentle to medium); walks; daily breath practice; nutrition, fruits/veg; nature; water; EastEnders (lol); practicing self-compassion, self-care; boundaries; connection; allowing feelings; t r u s t ing that I, too, will heal. (--> may need to be reminded of this.)

((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

Thank you Skyblue and brassmonkey ,

Today I woke up and I felt okay, as the day went on I've been feeling a little anxious and kind of like haveing a head cold. I actually feel like I'm from another planet very loopy disorientated and dizzy just hoping I'm going to get out of this soon. It helps a lot to read other people's experiences so you don't feel so alone , if it wasn't for this forum and other support groups I don't think I couldve handled it.

I'm really trying to stay strong and think positive and when I feel a certain way remind myself that this is withdrawal.i'm just praying tomorrow will be another day and will be better than today.

• 31/3/24 Paxil 10.31mg

• 31/3/24 Seroquel 9.9mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you Skyblue and brassmonkey ,

I actually feel like I'm from another planet very loopy disorientated and dizzy just hoping I'm going to get out of this soon. 

Omg, I could have written this myself; I was sooooo loopy, disoriented and somewhat confused yesterday. Not quite dp/dr but near it. Geeez! 

The main thing that helps me is time, but have you tried grounding meditations? There is a ~10 minute one on You Tube by Tom Von Deck. I also write notes to myself when I'm in a good state, "Hey, if you are feeling that dp/dr feeling, I know it feels really weird and scary and real, but it is not harmful and you will feel better." I will say that it doesn't magically change my dp/dr (since that is a physical entity caused by WD and healing), but it helps me realize that maybe I will be okay. And I always am. 

Hope today is good or at least okay for you, dear. <<< hugs>>> (I also responded on Brass's thread about WD normal which is a concept of his that has been so helpful for me.)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Just checking in, Cheeky -- how are you, hon? <3 

Thanks Skyblue for asking.

I got over that bad wave I was in and have been having a great couple of weeks.

It amazes me how you can feel really bad, then a window appears and your normal again, the one good thing out of all of this is it makes you appreciate life so much more.

I have done another decrease of 0.5mg, just three days ago, so hope it all goes okay. Praying

• 31/3/24 Paxil 10.31mg

• 31/3/24 Seroquel 9.9mg

• Moderator Emeritus

You're welcome, Cheeky. :)

So glad you are having a nice window. A great couple of weeks is awesome! I agree -- this process makes us appreciate the good days SO much more. We really know how precious they are. 

I think it's great that you're doing down only 0.5mg. Keep us posted!

Hugs!

Nice long window cheeky. A preview of your future life off paxil. Keep going, slow but steady.

Took my first SSRI sipralexa/lexapro/escitalopram in 2007 for depression. In 2010 the doctor switched me to paroxetine/seroxat/paxil for anxiety.

My paroxetine story from then on:

2010-15 from 10mg up to 20mg

jan 2016 30mg

may 2016 0mg cold turkey (don't!)

dec 2016 symptoms: anxiety, tremor (could barely stand)

jan 2017 reinstated at 7.5mg to taper in steps of 10%

Dose changes from may 2017 to now: 

5.0/4.7/4.4/4.0/3.7/3.5/3.3/3.1mg

• 2 weeks later...

Cheeky, I am following your story closely because we are around the same age snd have been on ADs around the same time and are both trying to get off.

I wish you the best and hope things go well...

2000 - 2001 Paxil for work related Anxiety and then switched to Citalopram2001 - 2008 Thrived with Citalopram,2008 Unsuccessful attempt to get off Citalopram requiring short term use of Solian and Clonazapam2008 - 2017 On Citalopram but positive effect gradually disappeared<p>2016, brief stint on Valdoxan to possibly boost Citaĺipram but pooped out after a dew weeks, 2017 Attempting to quit again with slow taper

I think you are so brave and wise trying to do what you are doing.  You need to do this at your age, and not postpone it, as just sometimes, the more time you spend on meds the harder withdrawal can be - but this is not set in stone and can vary.

All I am saying is I wish, on a personal level, I had tried to sort myself out earlier in my life.

Take care.

Jan 2023 to July 2023 250mg quetiapine

Tapered off quetiapine again over 2 months - now weight problem

• 2 months later...

Hey Surviviors,

I'm needing a little advice on what to do

. I have been tapering Paxil and Seraquel at  the same time and have been doing okay.

The last drop of Seraquel and Paxil was on the 1st of August 4 weeks ago and I dropped by 6.26mg of Seraquel = 36.75mg and  1.5mg drop of Paxil = 37.5mg

The last 3 weeks I have been feeling not well at all and not sure if I should just ride this wave out or go up on my Seraquel a little bit. I know now i shouldn't off dropped the Seraquel that much, but i was feeling so good and was over confident. Your advice needed

Thanks

• 31/3/24 Paxil 10.31mg

• 31/3/24 Seroquel 9.9mg

can anybody give advice.

thanks x

• 31/3/24 Paxil 10.31mg

• 31/3/24 Seroquel 9.9mg

Hi Cheeky--  I'm sorry to hear that your last drop has been treating you badly.  I think you know why.  That works out to a 15% drop on the Seraquel.  It all comes down to how unmanageable the symptoms are.  If they are livable then it would be best to ride it out and give an extra long hold to let things really settle down.  If the symptoms are getting unbearable then a small updose (back to 38.7) would probably help.  The updose could take several days to make any difference.  Follow that by a long hold to let things settle down really well before dropping again.

Hope you feel better soon.

Brass

Thanks Brassmonkey,

its been 4 weeks since I did the drop so I'm going to hang in there and wait t it out. I just can't believe that everything can be going great then it slowly creeps up on you. 

Yesterday I felt good and thought I was getting stable then today I'm back to square one. This withdrawal is like a mind game. 

I know now not to take big drops as it's not worth it.

• 31/3/24 Paxil 10.31mg

• 31/3/24 Seroquel 9.9mg

Why why why is this so hard. I am an emotional wreak at the moment, one minute I have aniexty that takes over my body and I become dizzy light headed, that brings on worries and ruminating thoughts and then after awhile I get depressed about the situation I'm in and think of my kids and cry to myself. I know this is withdrawal and am going to ride this out, it's just so hard not haveing anybody close to me for support. 

I feel like a failure and I know I can't take back time but god I wish I could .

Sorry just needing to vent

• 31/3/24 Paxil 10.31mg

• 31/3/24 Seroquel 9.9mg

Cheeky. You're right - this is hard and I'm so sorry you're suffering but as you know these current symptoms are transient and dose related. You have been feeling "so good" but dropped too much as a result of that, which is totally understandable. It is something to watch out for in the future though as your " feeling good " was because of your slow, steady tapering. You have to be careful not to have a "knee- jerk" reaction of dropping too much whenever you are doing really well and feeling confident. Just stick with the plan, always.

I understand about the lack of everyday support but that's what this group does so well. Maybe you could check in more regularly for some of that much needed support.  

I'm sure, in time, you can get back to that good place of feeling really well. I agree that a good long hold would be the best strategy at this point in time. Please give yourself the time needed to get over this glitch fully before attempting to re- taper.

I think you're doing great. I guess all of us wish we had a Time-Machine. I'm sure we would all do things differently in retrospect.  :rolleyes: 

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

I'm new here, but i did two Paxil tapers (once after 5 years and once after another 5 years (long story).

I went too fast both times, and i regret it, but i promise you that it will end.  I wish i had the information from this site years and years ago when i did my tapers.  I would have saved myself a lot of pain.

But i want to reiterate that it will get better.  I have no patience, and i always move too fast (especially when i'm feeling good).  This always leads to me overdoing it.  These tapers take patience.  And sometimes that's harder than the actual withdrawal.

Current medications - Tapering Klonopin

1/1/2017 - 1mg Klonopin (.25mg AM / .25mg PM)

8/30/2017 - 37.5mg Zoloft

3/25/2018 Jumped from Lamictal

Past Medications

Zoloft 50mg - 1998 - 2002 / Paxil 20mg - 2002 - 2005 / Paxil 10mg (round 2) - 2006 - 2011 / Klonopin 2mg daily - 2011 - 2013 / Lexapro 5mg - 2013 - April 2017.

You're in the thick if it ATM, don't fight the symptoms it will make them worse.  Sit back and let them roll past and off into the distance.  Fighting them is causing a spiral to start and that will just drag you down deeper. Right now this is what is happening and you can't control it so don't even try. Yesterday you felt good, so you know it will happen again, trust your body to make things right.

A friend of mine got really drunk one time and told me afterwards, " throwing up isn't that bad, once you get your head into it." LOL:lol:

(((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))

Thankyou everyone for your advice,

I'm feeling a lot  better the last couple of days , however I do get these waves that come over me but they disappear after awhile and then I'm normal again. 

Im going to wait awhile till I drop again, I don't wont to rush this as it's not worth it.

• 31/3/24 Paxil 10.31mg

• 31/3/24 Seroquel 9.9mg

• Moderator Emeritus
11 hours ago, Cheeky said:

however I do get these waves that come over me but they disappear after awhile and then I'm normal again. 

Understanding what it is helps you not to add panic and fear to the mix.  And it's good that you are experiencing good times.

11 hours ago, Cheeky said:

I don't wont to rush this as it's not worth it.

It's good when we get to this stage.  And I agree it just isn't worth it.  We will get there, it's just going to take longer (a lot longer unfortunately) than we would have liked.

Edited by ChessieCat

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Thankyou chessiecat,

for  your  quick responses, is very comforting when you get support from someone who  has been in the same situation.

The whole reason I'm wanting to come off my drugs is becouse I hate feeling unmotivated and tired all the time. I don't worry want to suffer as I have a family to look after. My main objective is to get to the smallest dose possible and function. I'm 40 and I think that I have another 40 wonderful years  in head of me. 

If I could be down to half my medication in 5 years I would be happy with that.

• 31/3/24 Paxil 10.31mg

• 31/3/24 Seroquel 9.9mg

Okay so I had a couple of really good days,

all back to normal and feeling really good and when I feel like that I think it's over and I'm back to normal. Then last night I get this nervousness in my legs and arms and have woken up to it, I know its withdrawal but I just hate it. I'm scared that I'm doomed on these drugs and that becouse I've been on them so long it's causing more damage to my brain. I realised it's going to take more then 10 years to get off it and that's s by doing the 10% method that I'm unable to do becouse I'm so sensitive.

My brother-in-law has been on 60mg paxil

and xanax for the same amount of time 22 years and my sister on ciprmil 10mg for 18 years and they don't understand why I want to come of it.  I supppse if I never had that experience of being taken off cold turkey and going through that nightmare for 3 months, I probably would off happily taken them for the rest of my life.

My nervous system is very sensitive since the Ct 3 years ago, before that I could go up and down on my mefication easierly , that when I started the seriqual to help the Paxil at that time. 

Sorry im rambling on .

just needing a little reassurance ☺️

• 31/3/24 Paxil 10.31mg

• 31/3/24 Seroquel 9.9mg

• Moderator Emeritus

I think many of us here have been spellbound:

What is Medication Spellbinding? Simple Truths in Psychiatry Video #3

by Peter Breggin MD

Sometimes we just need reminding that there is a lot going on that we can't see, but we experience the upheaval.

"Basically- you have a building where the MAJOR steel structures are [...] to be rebuilt at different times - ALL while people are coming and going in the building and attempting to work.

It would be like if the World Trade Center Towers hadn't completely fallen - but had crumbled inside in different places.. Imagine if you were [...] to rebuild the tower - WHILE people were coming and going and [...] to work in the building!  You'd have to set up a temporary elevator - but when you needed to fix part of that area, you'd have to tear down that elevator and set up a temporary elevator somewhere else. And so on. You'd have to build, work around, then tear down, then build again, then work around, then build... ALL while people are coming and going, ALL while the furniture is being replaced, ALL while the walls are getting repainted... ALL while [...] is going on INSIDE the building. No doubt it would be chaotic. That is EXACTLY what is happening with windows and waves.  The windows are where the body has "got it right" for a day or so - but then the building shifts and the brain works on something else - and it's chaos again while another temporary pathway is set up to reroute function until repairs are made. "

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

CC, I can't thankyou enough for your help , I really don't know what I would do without your guidance.

• 31/3/24 Paxil 10.31mg

• 31/3/24 Seroquel 9.9mg

• Moderator Emeritus

You're welcome.:)  That's why this site exists, and as the logo says "peer support"

• 1 month later...

Here I go again, was finally over the withdrawal from the last drops and felt great for a month then decided to taper the paxil by 1.5mg and two weeks later here I am, morning anxiety, ears blocked, depression, irritable and a feeling of having  sinus problems in my head. I just hate this and I realise I have so far to go.I read that a lot of people find it easy at the beginning of there taper but I’m finding it difficult and I think that’s because ever since that stupid DR cold turkey me off the paxil 3 years ago and  had 3 months of servers withdrawal, it has done something to my nervous system. Now I’m so sensitive.

I feel disheartened because someone said to me in another forum to stay on it if it makes me happy becouse that is what he would do, but I’ve been on this drug for 22 years and I’m only 40 years old and want to get as low as my brain will let me. When I’m in withdrawal I feel like giving up on tapering but then when I stablize I’m determined again.

I think I just need some reassurance that I’m doing the right thing . Feeling disheartened ☺️

• 31/3/24 Paxil 10.31mg

• 31/3/24 Seroquel 9.9mg

Hi Cheeky,

I love your name.  I'm not the one to give you guidance--there are so many wise ones here and I am new--but I have been on AD's forever and I know the disheartened feelings that you describe.  I was off one for a few months and felt parts of myself that I had forgotten existed.  I then reinstated on the advice of a doctor and now here I am.  I too, became ultra sensitive to what I now feel is all medications and over the counter things and vitamins as well.  This occurred after I discontinued Escitalopram rapidly per medical advice after years of use.  I only say these things I suppose to highlight the commonalities.  People can be very well meaning but you have to do what is best for you.  I so wanted someone to tell me what to do as well, i still do.  I seem to doubt everything.  That is what is so difficult.  I don't think there is one right answer for everyone.  I am trying to follow the advice here although when I am experiencing the horrible withdrawal symptoms, I want to do something to get relief.  That hasn't worked for me and only resulted in more grief.  The people here are so knowledgeable as I'm sure you are aware.  They have helped me tremendously.  

I just hope that you find some relief soon.  

take care,

JS11

26 years of Anti-depressants (probably 32, lost track, alone and/in combination Vyvanse 30mg Discontinued Feb. 22, 2013 Topamax  25-75mg Feb 23, 2013--Feb 2016 0.0 mg Discontinued  Lamotrigine 25-50mg Jan 15, 2016-Adverse Reaction Discontinued Feb 2, 2016 T3 25-50mcg Feb.11, 2016  Discontinued April 23, 2016

Escitalopram 20mg-omg fast taper Nov. 2015-Jan.7, 2016 Crash! Reinstated 20mg  Taper Jan 14, 2016  0.0mg Sept 2016 Reinstated Feb.21, 2017 Escitalopram  5mg Dosage Adjustments  Escitalopram to 2.5mg June 28-30; Increased to 3.75mg July 1-28, 2017    July 29-Aug 4 10mg, alternated between 5 and 10mg next couple days.  Aug 9, 7.25mg;  Aug 10-14 10mg; Aug 15-25 7.25mg, August 25-29, 10mg.   

Levofloxacin (January 2017 2 doses) (Adverse Reaction: Neurotoxcity; 3 daysE.R.$30k+tests)

Adderall 25mgXR (start April 23, 2013) (Nov.2016 20mg) (Dec.2016 15mg) (Feb. 5, 2016 10mg) (June 15, 2017) 5mg XR 

Crossover July 7 to Adderall I.M 5mg Discontinued  Reinstated Adderall 5mgXR  July 28th 

Minipress 1mg began July 20-23, 2mg July 24 last dose Discontinued  (Prescribed to assist with side-effects of updose of Escitalopram) WellbutrinXR 150 mg July 24, 2017 Discontinued;  Hydroxyline 25-200 mg daily, began July 20, Discontnued; (Prescribed for side-effects-sensitized; W/D)Gababentin 100mg August 28, 8/29: 00mg, 8/30/17 100mg discontinued (Prescribed for side-effects of sensitized, W//D)Zolipidem PRN (2.5mg.) Reinstated May 15, 2017 after18m+ discontinuation Between May and  Aug18-Aug 30, 2017 Discontinued

Aug. 30. 2017 Escitalopram 8.2mg, Sept. 6 Ecitalopram (7.25 tablet) September 28 Escitalopram   (7 mg tablet)   Omega 3's , October 1 Escitalopram (6.25...I think)  November 1, Escitalopram (approx. 5.75mg) December 1 (5mg)  Missed .75 for few days, lowered dose.  W/D ramped up Dec.23;  Escitalopram 4mg tab. .75ml liquid March 5.  Adderall XR 5mg, Synthroid 112mcg  March 23 Escitalopram 4mg tab .50ml liquid.April 23 Escotalopram 4mgtab .25ml liquid Escitalopram dropping .25 every 30 days; July 23, 2018 Escitalopram 3.50mg, Adderall XR 5mg, Synthroid 112mcg 

July 2021:  Took last dose of Escitalopram .02mg.  Do dah!

Current:   Synthroid/Generic 100mcg decreased November, 2018  (TSH has changed 5 times since August 30, 2018 resulting in both Hyper and hypothyroid symptoms.)  November 1, 2018, increased Adderall XR to 10mg to combat brain fog after decrease in Synthroid.

Thankyou JS11 for your wise words. It’s just so hard when in a wave. I cried reading what you wrote because  you seem to understand how I’m feeling and sometimes I feel so alone in this.

I have to keep on remembering it’s a wave and will pass. I hope a window come soon. 

• 31/3/24 Paxil 10.31mg

• 31/3/24 Seroquel 9.9mg

Hi Cheeky,

I just wanted to reply to let you know you are not alone.  I am struggling this morning as well and am here reading posts since it helps to know there are others who understand what this feels like.  I have been on antidepressants for more than 15 years now and am trying to taper from Paxil as well.  I am 39 and would love to be off these meds by 40, but know it will take much longer than that for me.  It is so hard to struggle through trying to get off the meds.  I too have thought about just staying on them, but I’m determined to get off of them one day and I know you can too.  I hope it helps to know you are not alone and there are others who understand what you are experiencing.  I know it has helped me tremendously.

Zoloft 50 mg Fall 2003-October 2016

I went up to 150 mg for several months during the winter of 2016 after going through a tough time trying to stabilize.

Lexapro 5 mg and then 10 mg October 2016-December 2016

Paxil December 2016 to present.  Started at 10 mg went up to 20 mg for three weeks and started reducing by 5mg every 2 weeks per doctors orders.  Got down to 7.5 mg and ran into trouble, found this website and updosed to 10 mg.

9mg paroxetine June 18-6.5 mg in am 2.5 mg pm.  

July 20 began switch to Citalopram-9 mg Paxil and 5 mg citalopram

July 24-7.5mg paroxetine and 7.5mg Citalopram 

July 27-5mg paroxetine and 10 citalopram 

July 30-2.5 paroxetine and 10 of Citalopram 

August 2-2mg paroxetine and 10mg Citalopram, dropped paroxetine Aug. 3

August 8 increased to 15 mg citalopram

Take 1mg lorazepam as needed and 3mg melatonin at night.

Hi Cheeky-- I sorry to hear that your last drop is causing so much trouble.  It really is disheartening to get hit with symptoms after a drop, when things have been going so well.  The problem is, that's the way it works.  Do a drop, have some symptoms, they clear up and then it's time to drop again.  Something you might try is, instead of dropping the e tire 1.5mg all at once, spread it over three weeks 0.5mg at a time. This should decrease the symptoms that you feel after each drop.  Then give it a few weeks to settle out before you do it again.  The typical pattern is for symptoms to show up a few days to a couple of weeks after a drop and then subside after a few weeks.  Once you see how the pattern affects you it's possible to plan for it and know how to handle things when they come up. The waves will pass.

(((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))

Brass