pinkberri New to Antidepressant World and Wanting Out

pinkberri

• Administrator

Woo-hoo!!

Trader Joe's melatonin 0.5mg is quite good. Strongly recommend following a regular sleep regimen to get your sleep established again.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Sleep is still an issue - very erratic. I'm trying to have patience but after 3.5 months this is getting really old. I want to go back to sleeping 8 hours a night at the drop of a hat!

• Administrator

Have you tried fish oil and magnesium supplements, see
http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/36-king-of-supplements-omega-3-fatty-acids-fish-oil/
http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1300-magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker/

A lot of people find them helpful. Try a little bit of one at a time to see how it affects you.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Have you tried fish oil and magnesium supplements, see

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/36-king-of-supplements-omega-3-fatty-acids-fish-oil/

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1300-magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker/

A lot of people find them helpful. Try a little bit of one at a time to see how it affects you.

I've been using mag glycinate and I just got fish oil yesterday.

I can't seem to find what consistently works for me. I try to establish a routine but I think I've been getting into bed too early and then I get afraid of not sleeping because I went 2 days without sleep when this whole ordeal started and I went a week with 3 zero sleep days a few weeks ago. Prior to all of this I've never gone a night without sleeping in my life. I'm just so scared. It's impossible for me to function at work without sleep. I'm really interested in all of the aminos but I have a hard time being consistent with things - I just can't tell what helps and what doesn't. And I was able to sleep 8 hours a night for a couple of weeks without taking anything and I just can't figure out why I can't do that again these days...

• Administrator

You will need to be consistent and keep notes on paper when you try things. See The rule of 3KIS: Keep it simple. Keep it slow. Keep it stable.

You will need to be consistent and keep notes on paper when you try things. See The rule of 3KIS: Keep it simple. Keep it slow. Keep it stable.

I've been messing with things way too much. Maybe I should just lay off of everything aside from the melatonin and magnesium for a while and just deal with very little or no sleep - I feel like I'm just screwing up the soup. I've had my best sleep with just magnesium, Epsom salt baths, and melatonin. And adding in a tiny amount of Benadryl from time to time. When I have a bad night i start adding stuff and it the cycle starts again!

As I was laying in bed trying to go to sleep last night my whole upper body jerked and adrenaline went coursing through my body :/ it was miserable! I was finally able to fall asleep but it was pretty choppy.

Holy cow! I slept for a solid 9 hours with 1/2 a unisom and melatonin! Not a fan of having to take unisom but I needed the sleep, and it was glorious! For me, less is definitely more on the unisom front - it seems to work better that way.

• 2 weeks later...

This week has been horrible. Thought I had a uti still - took one dose of bactrim and had a bad reaction. My sleep has been horrible! I took an ambien last night and it helped me sleep for 2 hours and I took one tonight and ended up in the ER. No sleep. Please tell me I haven't broken my brain/set back my recovery by taking an antibiotic and 2 sleeping pills!!! I'm so scared!!!! I just want to sleep :/ I'm not going to take anything for sleep anymore - it's just so hard to stay sane. I went a week with great sleep last week!!!! I want that back so badly! How do I overcome this setback???

Still didn't sleep last night. This is the first time in months that I've gone two days in a row without sleep. I know that's not bad for a lot of people on here. It I'm terrified! I tried smoking weed (stupidly) and that didn't work either! I am so scared. I know there is no easy way out of this but I feel like I'm losing my mind! Help!!!

I slept for 10 hours Saturday night, 4 hours Sunday nighr, and 8.5 hours last night! It's definitely a roller coaster, but I have an appointment with Dr. P in SF next Friday and hopefully we can work together to get my sleep going in a more consistently good direction! I'm really confident that he'll be able to ease me into a batter rythm. Melatonin, relaxation, walks, and warm baths are definitely my friends.

I'm only sleeping every other night right now and Its starting to take its toll. This week is going to be so long. Please, Friday come soon. I feel like I'm holding on for dear life

• 4 weeks later...

Pink,

How are you doing?

April 2014 remeron 45mg.

June 2014 abilify 2.5 remeron wasn't working so abilify was then added

September 2014 woke up with anxiety x 100!!!!

Pdoc then took me from 45 to 7.5 within a month and took abilify from 2.5 to 0

Currently

Remeron 7.5

Vitamin d 5,000 iu taking for about 3 years

October 2014 added fish oil/omega 3 1000 mg per day

Levothyroxitine 100 10 years or so

Dec 2014 started tapering 10% every 10 days-no problems.

August 2015 down to 0.1 mg

Woke up with severe anxiety-sleep issues-racing thoughts-depression. 9/9/15 up dose 1 mg.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey pink,

How's it going?

Just checking in.

How's the sleep?

Tgirl

April 2014 remeron 45mg.

Currently

Remeron 7.5

Woke up with severe anxiety-sleep issues-racing thoughts-depression. 9/9/15 up dose 1 mg.

That's great news Pink!

Not about the dreams, but the sleep! Awesome!

April 2014 remeron 45mg.

Currently

Remeron 7.5

Sorry

Pink, I eas reading from the bottom of page 1

Brain fog!

Sorry

April 2014 remeron 45mg.

Currently

Remeron 7.5

• 2 weeks later...