Junglechicken

32 minutes ago, Junglechicken said:

Hi Frogie,

Thanks for asking, wondering how you're doing too?

We just got back from being away this weekend (by the sea). It was lovely, weather was beautiful, yummy food, met up with a couple of people in the SA Southwest Support Group - we could have carried on talking for a week!

I am pretty confident that the BV and thrush have gone, but I continue to have bladder problems.  This means pain if I have to hold it in for too long.  One of the SA ladies has had the same issue for the past 6 yrs, and her doctor said it was an age thing and that there are medications for that and that there is nothing to worry about. It means the muscles around the bladder just aren't as strong, and as women age, and have smaller bladders anyway, this kind of thing happens.  It is not necessarily IC.

Anyway, I will be talking to my GP on the 7th about it all.

My cold is still lurking, and I'm fed up with it......take echinacea every day, expectorant, but it's still in my body.

TC,

JC xxx

Hi JC:

I'm glad you had a good weekend. Sounds like fun, wish we were by the water. We see corn, wheat, cows and tumble weeds lol... But my fiancé said he's about had enough living out here. We just have work to do to rent our place out, and he needs to find a job and we can go home! Pray for me that it's not anymore than a year and a half.

Thats really nice that you could meet up with another couple and you found out so much information about your bladder.

Hopefully your dr can do something for your bladder problem, so you aren't in so much agony.

I think I'm almost over this crud. I'm done with the antibiotics, and my throat isn't sore anymore. It's going on 4 weeks, I'm a little tired if it. Wish your cold would go away. Colds are no fun, nothing you can do for them except take echinacea and a decongestant like you are doing.

Take care,

Frogie xx

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

Frogie,

I'm glad to hear that your infections are easing off - finally! They are brutal, that's for sure.

Given that I'm having to wait another week before I can see my doctor, my list of things to discuss is growing.  I think since dropping my dose on 12th Oct, I have developed horrendous hip and lower back pain.  Its something I recall from the CT 2 yrs ago......awful muscular pain that had me visiting the osteopath 1-2 times / wk.

As for the cold, it is on its way out.....still lots of phlegm - hey ho.

I really hope you and your fiancé get to go home ASAP Frogie.  Am sure he will find work - what does he do if you don't mind my asking?

TC,

JC xxx

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

5 minutes ago, Junglechicken said:

Frogie,

I'm glad to hear that your infections are easing off - finally! They are brutal, that's for sure.

Given that I'm having to wait another week before I can see my doctor, my list of things to discuss is growing.  I think since dropping my dose on 12th Oct, I have developed horrendous hip and lower back pain.  Its something I recall from the CT 2 yrs ago......awful muscular pain that had me visiting the osteopath 1-2 times / wk.

As for the cold, it is on its way out.....still lots of phlegm - hey ho.

I really hope you and your fiancé get to go home ASAP Frogie.  Am sure he will find work - what does he do if you don't mind my asking?

TC,

JC xxx

Hi JC:

I do the same thing when I go to the dr. I make a list and get my monies worth. 

I haven't had aches and pains from WD, I'm sorry you are going through that. Hopefully you and the dr will come up with something. I have aches and pains because I'm old, fat, and don't do anything. I sit with Brownie. After this week, I'm going back to my volunteer job next week. I figured one more week should be good.

I hope we get to go home soon too. We have to wait until July next year, because then he will have 5 years in and get a retirement. But we have things to fix up before we can rent out where we live, so it will take us that long. It will be paid off in October of next year, so we will probably wait until then. So the 1st of the following year, I'm guessing. But I've waited a little over 4 years, I can wait another year.

My fiancé is a master electrician. They made a lot of promises to him, and it just hasn't happened. He's tired of doing everything with no help. He said he's to old to tear up his body for this  job. Makes me happy, he will find a job and we can go home.

Good luck on your dr appt. I never meant anything bad the other day. I hope you know that. I only want the best for my friends.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

Frogie,

I'm sorry that your fiancé was messed around so much.......you guys have put your lives on hold, so to speak. 

Highly qualified electricians are very sought after, especially in this country!  I am sure you will get to go home sooner than you think.  However, I can understand, that the older you are the more stressful it is.

Don't worry, I would have reacted to anything last week, as I just wasn't in a good way......the infections "down there" were still around and painful, and I was scared.  Unfortunately, I'm scared again now due to having "bladder sensitivity" as its known, AND the lower back and hip pain.  It just seems I cannot see that it can be anything other than cancer.  Long car journeys are the worst, as sitting hunched up in a car just makes everything tense, and I start to panic and have to run to the loo.

You're lucky you don't experience muscular aches and pains from dropping your dose........its just awful, and makes you think you're 100 yrs old!  No doubt soon, I will be going to see my osteopath weekly.  Its a nightmare.

Ughhhh!

TC,

JC xxx

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

53 minutes ago, Junglechicken said:

Frogie,

I'm sorry that your fiancé was messed around so much.......you guys have put your lives on hold, so to speak. 

Highly qualified electricians are very sought after, especially in this country!  I am sure you will get to go home sooner than you think.  However, I can understand, that the older you are the more stressful it is.

Don't worry, I would have reacted to anything last week, as I just wasn't in a good way......the infections "down there" were still around and painful, and I was scared.  Unfortunately, I'm scared again now due to having "bladder sensitivity" as its known, AND the lower back and hip pain.  It just seems I cannot see that it can be anything other than cancer.  Long car journeys are the worst, as sitting hunched up in a car just makes everything tense, and I start to panic and have to run to the loo.

You're lucky you don't experience muscular aches and pains from dropping your dose........its just awful, and makes you think you're 100 yrs old!  No doubt soon, I will be going to see my osteopath weekly.  Its a nightmare.

Ughhhh!

TC,

JC xxx

Hi JC:

I hope you can get your aches and pains figured out. It's not cancer. They would have found that a long time ago. But you think just like me, the worst.

If I'm in the car too long, my neck starts to hurt, but I think that's the way I must sit. And Friday, it will hurt. We are going to our home town. It's mammogram time. They have been doing them for so many years there on me, I just don't trust the hospital out here. My fiancé is taking the day off and going with me. 

I hope that my fiancé can find a job that he wants soon. I don't want to be here any longer than I have too. We just have to get things done and pay off our loan, then we will be ready to go! 

Take care,

Frogie xx

• Moderator Emeritus
9 minutes ago, Frogie said:

It's not cancer. They would have found that a long time ago.

I second this, JC. It's not cancer, but I understand the certainty that "it must be."

Hang in there.  This will pass.

Best,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

2 minutes ago, apace41 said:

I second this, JC. It's not cancer, but I understand the certainty that "it must be."

Hang in there.  This will pass.

Best,

Andy

Thanks Andy:

I'm as bad as you guys. I google everything that's wrong, and I know it's cancer.

But I've had a ct from top to bottom, they found nothing, which is good.

I know everything will be ok Friday with my mammogram, but I always think the worst.

Take care,

Frogie xx

• Moderator Emeritus
Just now, Frogie said:

I know everything will be ok Friday with my mammogram, but I always think the worst.

It will be fine, Frogie, but I understand.  

Best,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

5 minutes ago, apace41 said:

It will be fine, Frogie, but I understand.  

Best,

Andy

Thanks Andy!

Hope you are doing well.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Thanks guys,

Its not the aches and pains that I think could be cancer, its the bladder issues :(

Frogie, in the only UK women of 50 yrs + get mammogram'ed - UNLESS the patient or doctor has found a suspicious lump.  And as you've been CT'd top to bottom as well and nothing found - well, then nothing to worry about!!!

You will be fine, and another year will be out of the way in that regard.

TC,

JC xxx

Major Life Events: 

6 minutes ago, Junglechicken said:

Thanks guys,

Its not the aches and pains that I think could be cancer, its the bladder issues :(

Frogie, in the only UK women of 50 yrs + get mammogram'ed - UNLESS the patient or doctor has found a suspicious lump.  And as you've been CT'd top to bottom as well and nothing found - well, then nothing to worry about!!!

You will be fine, and another year will be out of the way in that regard.

TC,

JC xxx

JC:

With the tests you've had with your bladder, something would have come up. I think it's like you said that lady has, and you can get it under control.

Here in the US it's 50+ for mammograms too, unless they found something suspicious. When I had my 1st son, the dr found a lump, but it turned out to be a clogged milk duct. But I'm over 50, so I have one yearly. Now they have 3D, which are very accurate. I just had a physical in April, and the dr didn't feel anything.

We we will all be fine. I just pray a lot.

Take care,

Frogie xx

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Jungle. 

Am I the only one who noticed?  You're doing okay with a 50% cut in Lexapro?  Yikes.  I mean maybe you'll be a lucky one?  I hope you are.  Or did I read your signature wrong.

Maybe since you have adjusted somewhat to 2.5 mg. for awhile you'll be okay?  I went bonkers going from 5mg. to 3 mg.(see signature).  Situational stuff too at the time, a suicide of a loved one prior to.  And I do know we are all a bit different.  Yet you are buying a home and prospectively starting a new job.  These are all stressors as you know.

Do you have liquid or liquefying equipment on hand just so "you could" maybe try 10 percent first or updose a bit if you get hit real hard with a wave?

Just concerned.  Also I don't understand why it's not mentioned in your journaling.........other than way back........ that you would do it the way some doctor or practitioner suggested.  Maybe you just don't want to get hit with the same as you did then.......  Anyway.......definitely not an SA recommended harm reduction approach......that's probably why.  Okay.....I'll be quiet and send those healing thoughts and faith and prayers.......

Best,

mmt

p.s.  hopefully you won't get mad......truly........just concerned........moderator can remove this whole post if inappropriate somehow.

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

8 hours ago, manymoretodays said:

Hi Jungle. 

Am I the only one who noticed?  You're doing okay with a 50% cut in Lexapro?  Yikes.  I mean maybe you'll be a lucky one?  I hope you are.  Or did I read your signature wrong.

Maybe since you have adjusted somewhat to 2.5 mg. for awhile you'll be okay?  I went bonkers going from 5mg. to 3 mg.(see signature).  Situational stuff too at the time, a suicide of a loved one prior to.  And I do know we are all a bit different.  Yet you are buying a home and prospectively starting a new job.  These are all stressors as you know.

Do you have liquid or liquefying equipment on hand just so "you could" maybe try 10 percent first or updose a bit if you get hit real hard with a wave?

Just concerned.  Also I don't understand why it's not mentioned in your journaling.........other than way back........ that you would do it the way some doctor or practitioner suggested.  Maybe you just don't want to get hit with the same as you did then.......  Anyway.......definitely not an SA recommended harm reduction approach......that's probably why.  Okay.....I'll be quiet and send those healing thoughts and faith and prayers.......

Best,

mmt

p.s.  hopefully you won't get mad......truly........just concerned........moderator can remove this whole post if inappropriate somehow.

Hi MMT,

I wondered how long it would take for someone on SA to mention this, LOL!

Actually, so far so good....... I had no luck with the liquid Lexapro as the concentration wasn't right, and there was no way I could have diluted it enough to get the right dose.  Thus, I never moved over to liquid. 

Also, I had chickened out for so long from dropping my dose that a couple of weeks ago I decided to just get on with it.

My therapist had told me to wait until I was settled in a job, however, its taking months to find the right job and many interviews and I was fed up with holding on until the "right time"......the house purchase just happened to work out too - basically, I cannot time the tapering with life's circumstances as things have been happening without being able to plan.

Funnily enough it was Ikam who inspired me to start tapering.  We had both been discussing how we felt "chicken" about when to drop a dose etc.,

All I can say is, you will all say "I told you so", but I just wanted to get on with it.

Am ready to take the rough with the smooth.

Best,

JC

Major Life Events: 

• Moderator Emeritus
8 hours ago, manymoretodays said:

Am I the only one who noticed? 

First off, MMT -- THANK YOU for your diligence and observation regarding JC's reduction.  But for that we would not be able to discuss it and at the very least provide JC with our thoughts and concerns.

42 minutes ago, Junglechicken said:

Funnily enough it was Ikam who inspired me to start tapering.  We had both been discussing how we felt "chicken" about when to drop a dose etc.,

I think starting a taper is a great thing if you feel up to it.  Starting it this way is dangerous and, given all the things going on in your life, very risky.  It is not my job or that of SA to try to "convince" you to do anything, but out of care and concern I feel obligated to tell you my concerns.  I know you know all the risks but I don't know how many conversations you have had with people who have really suffered as a result of overrapid tapers that border on c/t.

45 minutes ago, Junglechicken said:

When you say this I am very concerned as there is a big difference between "rough" and "disabling" and nobody can tell you how you are going to react.  This would be something we on SA would discourage even if you were feeling great going into it, but that's not even the case as your immune system has been a problem for quite some time.

I'm not going to go on and on, JC, as you don't need me to lecture you at great length, but I will ask you to seriously reconsider your choice.  You don't have to do liquid -- you can do a weighing method instead.

Should you choose to proceed in this manner I wish you nothing but the best and hope that it goes smoothly and you are one of the "lucky ones". 

My best always,

Andy

Friends,

I'll get back to you on this. Have an important interview today.

Best,

JC

Major Life Events: 

11 minutes ago, Junglechicken said:

Friends,

I'll get back to you on this. Have an important interview today.

Best,

JC

Good Luck!

Take care,

Frogie xx

On November 1, 2017 at 6:42 AM, Frogie said:

Good Luck!

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hi JC:

Just wondered how the interview went?

I had a really lousy day yesterday. Hope yours was better.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Frogie,

Thanks for asking, the interview was very "off the wall".  Couldn't tell whether they loved/hated/were indifferent to me.

I had prepared flat out for over a week, and did all the talking for half an hour straight while they listened!

Sorry you had a lousy day yesterday, is it any better today?

TC,

JC xxx

Major Life Events: 

12 minutes ago, Junglechicken said:

Frogie,

Thanks for asking, the interview was very "off the wall".  Couldn't tell whether they loved/hated/were indifferent to me.

I had prepared flat out for over a week, and did all the talking for half an hour straight while they listened!

Sorry you had a lousy day yesterday, is it any better today?

TC,

JC xxx

JC:

I don't know if I should wish you luck or not lol...

I had my 1st bout of akasthisia. I was freaking out. I felt like I was on drugs but don't take anything but my Lexapro, Xanax, and a probiotic because of all the antibiotics I was on. Apace41 got me back into control. But then I got so sick to my stomach. Maybe thinking of my mammogram tomorrow did it, or my uncle left yesterday after a week visit. The 21/2 hour drive tomorrow for my mammogram. I just don't know, but it was lousy.

Then I blabbed on my thread. Just like I am now.

You would have gotten a kick out of it. If you get time, read it. I don't even know what I said.

I will tell you I wish you luck on your endeavors, how's that. The right job will come around.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Frogie,

Sorry to hear you've experienced Akathesia......I had that for several months, and it was a nightmare.

It seems out of the blue that you got hit with that, so I'm wondering what was the trigger?  I know you've been on a series of ABs recently, so maybe that's what threw you into that episode.  At least its over?

I'm about to get my TOTM, so all the lovely symptoms that go with that are present right now.

Yup, the interview was intense, and completely unexpected as I had been advised by the recruiter that the questions would be competency based.  

Anyway, its an experience as they say!

TC,

JC xxx

Major Life Events: 

1 minute ago, Junglechicken said:

Frogie,

Sorry to hear you've experienced Akathesia......I had that for several months, and it was a nightmare.

It seems out of the blue that you got hit with that, so I'm wondering what was the trigger?  I know you've been on a series of ABs recently, so maybe that's what threw you into that episode.  At least its over?

I'm about to get my TOTM, so all the lovely symptoms that go with that are present right now.

Yup, the interview was intense, and completely unexpected as I had been advised by the recruiter that the questions would be competency based.  

Anyway, its an experience as they say!

TC,

JC xxx

JC:

I think it's over. At least I don't feel like I did yesterday. Thank goodness. I hope I don't get it again. What a nightmare!

Sorry about your TOTM. I don't have that anymore. I didn't think about the AB's maybe causing my problem yesterday, that could have been part of it.

Well, at least your interview is over. Hopefully you'll hear an answer soon.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Thanks Frogie, I hope so too, they had 2 more candidates to see this week and so I'll likely find out early next week.

I hope you don't get a akathesia again either.  The best I can describe it is that its as though something has taken over your body to the point that you cannot stop moving, its an internal agitation that cannot be calmed.

TC,

JC xxx

Major Life Events: 

12 minutes ago, Junglechicken said:

Thanks Frogie, I hope so too, they had 2 more candidates to see this week and so I'll likely find out early next week.

I hope you don't get a akathesia again either.  The best I can describe it is that its as though something has taken over your body to the point that you cannot stop moving, its an internal agitation that cannot be calmed.

TC,

JC xxx

JC:

I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

That is the exact feeling you described. It was horrible. I hope I never get it again.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Well, I can tell you what triggered mine, it was the move back to the UK........too much stress!

At the time I had the worst chest infection of my life, dealing with time differences for taking my AD dose, a lot of "stuff" at once.

I know you've been stressed with Brownie's health, so who knows? something was a trigger.

TC,

JC xxx

Major Life Events: 

15 minutes ago, Junglechicken said:

Well, I can tell you what triggered mine, it was the move back to the UK........too much stress!

At the time I had the worst chest infection of my life, dealing with time differences for taking my AD dose, a lot of "stuff" at once.

I know you've been stressed with Brownie's health, so who knows? something was a trigger.

TC,

JC xxx

JC:

I could have had a lot of triggers then.

Brownie, on 4 AB's in a row and 4 days of steroids, my uncle was here for a week visit, and left yesterday. Fiancé went back to work yesterday after the weekend. I haven't been to counseling for a month, and won't see her for another couple of weeks because I was sick. Haven't been to my volunteer job for a month because I've been sick. Skyped with my granddaughter Friday, but haven't seen her since August.  My 21/2 hour drive one way tomorrow for my mammogram, which I always worry about anyways, even if I was 5 minutes away. My dr felt nothing at my physical. What else can go wrong? 

It's probably a combination of all of that.

I'm glad it hasn't shown up yet today. Maybe I'm calmer. 🙃🙃🙃

Have you had it since?

Take care,

Frogie xx

3 minutes ago, Frogie said:

JC:

I could have had a lot of triggers then.

Brownie, on 4 AB's in a row and 4 days of steroids, my uncle was here for a week visit, and left yesterday. Fiancé went back to work yesterday after the weekend. I haven't been to counseling for a month, and won't see her for another couple of weeks because I was sick. Haven't been to my volunteer job for a month because I've been sick. Skyped with my granddaughter Friday, but haven't seen her since August.  My 21/2 hour drive one way tomorrow for my mammogram, which I always worry about anyways, even if I was 5 minutes away. My dr felt nothing at my physical. What else can go wrong? 

It's probably a combination of all of that.

I'm glad it hasn't shown up yet today. Maybe I'm calmer. 🙃🙃🙃

Have you had it since?

Take care,

Frogie xx

Frogie,

No, I've never had it since.....thankfully.

Because of it, my weight just plummeted and I completely lost my appetite which for me is unheard of!

Your mammogram will be fine, and I completely understand the fear/concern.  ANY medical test scares me!!

You know, I always forget how much we have to deal with on a daily basis, and we get on with it because we have to.  Life has many stressors that we don't really give a second thought to.

Not having the re-assurance of weekly counselling must be bad, so no wonder its taking its toll on you.

TC,

JC xxx

Major Life Events: 

3 minutes ago, Junglechicken said:

Frogie,

No, I've never had it since.....thankfully.

Because of it, my weight just plummeted and I completely lost my appetite which for me is unheard of!

Your mammogram will be fine, and I completely understand the fear/concern.  ANY medical test scares me!!

You know, I always forget how much we have to deal with on a daily basis, and we get on with it because we have to.  Life has many stressors that we don't really give a second thought to.

Not having the re-assurance of weekly counselling must be bad, so no wonder its taking its toll on you.

TC,

JC xxx

JC:

The no counseling has been really hard. But being sick, I just couldn't go. I'll be so glad to see her.

I'm sure my mammogram will be fine, but like you said, any medical test scares the living daylights out of me. If the tech lets me look at my pictures, then I know I'm fine. So hope she lets me. Always have before.

I know what I you mean about all the things that go on until you sit and think about it.

Wish my weight would go down. I just keep getting fatter. It's all in my stomach. I've actually had people ask me when I'm due. So I wear leggings and baggy long t-shirts.

Thanks for helping me. And reassuring me, I really appreciate it. Wish I could give you a (((HUG)))!

Take care,

Frogie xx

Us people with HA just NEED reassurance!

I am always texting a friend (who I met through SA) and seeking re-assurance.  It must drive her nuts, but then she texts me too......what she and I have in common is mothers who couldn't reassure us when we needed it.  So its basically a psychological issue rather than the health issue, that's the underlying cause.

Anyway, ditto re: the flabby stomach - I think mine is "middle-age spread".  Well, that's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it, LOL :D  The day I wear jeans again will definitely be worthy of a celebration!

TC,

JC xxx

Major Life Events: 

9 minutes ago, Junglechicken said:

Us people with HA just NEED reassurance!

I am always texting a friend (who I met through SA) and seeking re-assurance.  It must drive her nuts, but then she texts me too......what she and I have in common is mothers who couldn't reassure us when we needed it.  So its basically a psychological issue rather than the health issue, that's the underlying cause.

Anyway, ditto re: the flabby stomach - I think mine is "middle-age spread".  Well, that's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it, LOL :D  The day I wear jeans again will definitely be worthy of a celebration!

TC,

JC xxx

I need a lot of reassurance, and I don't have friends that understand what I'm going through. They have never been on an AD, so I rely on this site. 

I'm so glad I met you. We seem to have a lot in common.

I think I'll call my stomach middle age spread too, sounds better than fat lol... They say you are supposed to lose weight when you go down on AD. Haven't seen it yet.

I had a mother like that too. Unfortunately, she and my dad have passed away. Way too early age. But my mom was always sick. Like surgery sick. I am an only child, so I don't have anyone except my uncle and my fiancé. They do the best they can.

If I ever get to wear a pair of jeans, I'm having a party!

Thanks for listening to me. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

Yes, I know re: you're supposed to end up losing weight on dropping the AD dose......that hasn't happened to me either! 

Strangely, it did when I did the CT taper a couple of years ago......the weight dropped like a stone, as quickly as I had gained it!!

Maybe my hormones are battling the dose drop, and the hormones are winning this time? :wacko:  Seriously, I give up Frogie.  I would need every test under the sun to determine whats going on in there.

My current symptom is sharp left ovary pain :(  BUT as my TOTM is about to show up, I'm not too concerned.  Its a new symptom, and probably one linked to peri-meno.

We do tend to feel marginalised when on ADs.......so its too easy to feel like friends and family don't understand.

Anyway, any time Frogie, any time.

TC,

JC xxx

Major Life Events: 

I'm probably driving you nuts!

You do all these exercises. I sit and look at my Pilates machine and stationary bike and think I really should use you. But then I watch tv instead. I admire you for that!

Take care,

Frogie xx

2 minutes ago, Frogie said:

I'm probably driving you nuts!

Take care,

Frogie xx

Don't worry about that one! I drive myself nuts!!!

:D:D

TC,

JC xxx

Major Life Events: 

4 minutes ago, Junglechicken said:

Don't worry about that one! I drive myself nuts!!!

:D:D

TC,

JC xxx

Thanks you have no idea how much I appreciate talking with you.

Take care,

Frogie xx

• Moderator Emeritus
On 11/1/2017 at 5:29 AM, Junglechicken said:

Hi MMT,

I wondered how long it would take for someone on SA to mention this, LOL!

Actually, so far so good....... I had no luck with the liquid Lexapro as the concentration wasn't right, and there was no way I could have diluted it enough to get the right dose.  Thus, I never moved over to liquid. 

Also, I had chickened out for so long from dropping my dose that a couple of weeks ago I decided to just get on with it.

My therapist had told me to wait until I was settled in a job, however, its taking months to find the right job and many interviews and I was fed up with holding on until the "right time"......the house purchase just happened to work out too - basically, I cannot time the tapering with life's circumstances as things have been happening without being able to plan.

All I can say is, you will all say "I told you so", but I just wanted to get on with it.

Best,

JC

On 11/1/2017 at 6:17 AM, apace41 said:

First off, MMT -- THANK YOU for your diligence and observation regarding JC's reduction.  But for that we would not be able to discuss it and at the very least provide JC with our thoughts and concerns.

I think starting a taper is a great thing if you feel up to it.  Starting it this way is dangerous and, given all the things going on in your life, very risky.  It is not my job or that of SA to try to "convince" you to do anything, but out of care and concern I feel obligated to tell you my concerns.  I know you know all the risks but I don't know how many conversations you have had with people who have really suffered as a result of overrapid tapers that border on c/t.

When you say this I am very concerned as there is a big difference between "rough" and "disabling" and nobody can tell you how you are going to react.  This would be something we on SA would discourage even if you were feeling great going into it, but that's not even the case as your immune system has been a problem for quite some time.

I'm not going to go on and on, JC, as you don't need me to lecture you at great length, but I will ask you to seriously reconsider your choice.  You don't have to do liquid -- you can do a weighing method instead.

Should you choose to proceed in this manner I wish you nothing but the best and hope that it goes smoothly and you are one of the "lucky ones". 

My best always,

Andy

Thanks for your response JC.  I copied apace's as well just so you can think on it all.............

I noticed that when you came here, your first post...........you were 7 weeks out from a CT off 5 mg. Lexapro.  So...........I'm hoping you will wait at the very least 2mos. before making any further jumps(as I am not sure what you are doing even qualifies as a taper).  And that you will work out some method of either weighing or liquifying the Lexapro yourself so you can either updose just a little if W/D symptoms get real bad.

I just think it's impulsive.......what you have done........and oh, I do understand..........I've been the same way many times with many psycho meds.  Ended up in the hospital or fairly bedridden, couch potato, and then remedicated and the cycle continued ad nauseatum.  That was all before I arrived at SA however.  So I just don't get your rationale.  You CAN weigh or make your own liquid I believe.  You can definitely time your taper with life circumstances.........I mean look around the site........many do.  You don't ever mention brain fog and you are out looking for jobs, buying homes, etc. ..........so I believe your above rationales just don't hold water.  I mean it's great that you are living your life and so wanting to be "normal" and all that.  I really hope and think that can continue if you will just listen and take mods. advice.  What have you got to lose by listening, acknowledging, maybe even trying something different this time around?

So how are your symptoms overall........withdrawal wise?  It's about 3 weeks now I think since your jump.   Is your HA increased do you think?  Or about the same?  Is the fatigue and muscle aches like it was before.......when you arrived?  Your thinking?  Internal agitation?  Etc., etc.

I'm not ever going to say I told you so Jungle honey.  Concern.  And I do believe things like 50% cuts in your dosage belong in your journal on a support site for tapering psycho medications.  As well as all the other support and friendships and all that for just living and being.

Idk.......so those are my thoughts........Love you sweetie.  I don't think this is an LOL matter at all. 

mmt(one of those who really suffered from Dr. recommended tapers(essentially CT's).......as well as my own for more years than I can even remember.......it's just not worth it!!!!!)

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Jungle,  I apologize.  Too harsh probably.  I'll try and just stick to my own introduction and other more general topics.  Not so good yet at living this life drug free, forming relationships, healing, etc...........yet.  I wish you well.

Best, Love, Peace,

manymoretodays

4 hours ago, manymoretodays said:

Hi Jungle,  I apologize.  Too harsh probably.  I'll try and just stick to my own introduction and other more general topics.  Not so good yet at living this life drug free, forming relationships, healing, etc...........yet.  I wish you well.

Best, Love, Peace,

manymoretodays

Hi MMT,

Thank you and no harm done, I'm just so busy with preparing for interviews on a weekly basis, I don't have the spare capacity to argue my case with anyone.

I have another interview next week, and a possible job in the bag (depending on how they view the situation - long story)..............

Anyway, hope you enjoy your weekend :)

Hugs,

JC x

Major Life Events: