Moonstoneblue: just come off Prozac

moonstoneblue

Hi everyone, I'm new here. I've been searching the internet for days for some sort of support group and I've finally found you.

Okay I'll give a brief history.

I've been on antidepressants since I was 17, I'm 32 now. My first AD was prozac which didn't work at the time, so I was then put on Venelaxfine which worked but made me slightly manic. I was on Venelaxafine from 2002 until 2006 I think. I was then put on cipralex, then after a bad break up where I couldn't sleep or eat I was put on Mirtazapine which I wasn't on for long, then I was on citalopram and then we  did a full circle back to prozac.

I was on prozac for around 7 years, it was great stuff for me. I got over my break up, found a job, made friends and have been very happy.

Over the last year I have been finding myself become more and more anxious, it felt like an internal anxious that I couldn't control at all.

So after a bad anxiety attack over 3 weeks ago I went back to the doctors who prescribed me a double dose of prozac (so from 20mg to 40mg). I took this for a few days but my anxiety was 100 times worse so my mum suggested just coming off them for a few days to see how I felt. The strange thing was after coming off my anxiety went. I wasn't feeling that constant adrenaline feeling that I had been feeling for months or even a year.

I went back to the Drs and they gave me sertraline as I was afraid of coming off everything all together. I was given a low dose of 25mg sertraline. 

I was on sertraline for 2 days and I noticed that my vision in one eye had gone and I couldn't see very well and the pupil in that eye had gone huge, compared to the other eye pupil which was a normal size. So I came off.

As I came off on the weekend I couldn't see a doctor for a few days, when I did see a doctor and explained what had happened and that I was really worried because I'd come off cold turkey. He asked how I felt and I told him I felt fine. I had been dizzy, headachey and had odd dreams and the odd little bit of panic before sleeping, but nothing too bad.

So I've been off prozac for 10days now and completely off sertraline for 4 days. 

I'm hoping to stay off the ADs completely now. I am nervous because I couldn't find online any people that had experienced coming off prozac.

I'm taking B complex supplements, flaxseed oil, magnesium and l-lysine supplements to see if it will help.

I'm so worried that when the prozac is out of my system completely and I level that I will be depressed again, but right now I feel good and positive, just really nervous.

Edited by scallywag
tags added

2001 - Prozac 20mg for a week weeks   2001- Venelaxafine 37.5 mg  2006 - Ciptralex 10mg I think   2008 - Mirtazipine (not sure of dose, was the lowest though).  2008 - Citalopram (standard dose)  2009 - Prozac 20mg until 29 Feb 2016  2016 - Setraline 25mg for 3 days (from March 3rd until March 5th).  2016 - 11th March Reinstated 5mg prozac. 26th May 2016 down to 4.5mg Prozac. 26June 2016 down to 4mg prozac. Back up to 5mg on 3rd July 2016.

Supplements - B- Complex, Flaxseed oil, L-lysine 1000mg, Iron 20mg. Spirulina 500mg. Quest Synergist Magnesium 150mg, Salmon oil 1000mg twice a day, Evening Primrose oil 500mg. 

Cipralex 10mg 17th July 2016.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• moonstoneblue

• Fresh

• Altostrata

• KarenB

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello Moonstoneblue,

I'm glad you feel you've found a place of support - there will be plenty for you here, and some good information too.  It sounds to me like your anxiety increased because the drug was no longer working properly, and started to cause anxiety in you.  I had the same thing happen to me (but with Effexor).  Doubling your dose will have really sent your Central Nervous System into a bit of shock, as will have switching drugs. 

Getting stable will be what you now need to focus on. 

You might find it reassuring to read about neuro-plasticity and brain restoration.  It gave me a lot of hope when I first came here.  You might also like to read about withdrawal syndrome so you have an understanding of what can happen - because symptoms don't always show up immediately.  They can appear weeks or months later.

From this point, you have two options.  One is to just wait and see what happens - and you do need to know that things can get much worse after a cold-turkey.  The other is to reinstate Prozac and then taper more gently.  We recommend a gentle taper, reducing by no more than 10% of your current dose each month.  This allows your brain time to adjust as you go, and lessens any withdrawal.  If it were me, I'd reinstate.  Nobody ever wants to, but it really is the least painful path. 

If you do choose to reinstate, it's probably best to go with the 20mg you were originally on. 

When did you start taking Vitamin B?  If it was after you stopped taking the drugs then you may want to stop taking it as it can be quite activating for your central nervous system, and make your symptoms worse.  Many people find Fish oil and magnesium useful during withdrawal.   

Would you be able to fill out a signature – drugs/dates/dosages etc - so we can see your situation easily whenever you post, and help you more accurately?  Thanks.

Well, that's plenty to start with, so have a read those and then you can come back to this thread to discuss things further.  This will be your journal to record your tapering and healing progress, and to ask questions.  And you will be okay - you have some info to take on board, and some decisions to make, but you'll work your way through this and get onto a good healing path. 

Hugs,

Karen

2010  Fluoxetine 20mg.  2011  Escitalopram 20mg.  2013 Tapered badly and destabilised CNS.  Effexor 150mg. 

2015 Begin using info at SurvivingAntidepressants.  Cut 10% - bad w/d 2 months, held 1 month. 

Micro-tapering: four weekly 0.4% cuts, hold 4 weeks (struggling with symptoms).

8 month hold.

2017 Micro-tapering: four weekly 1% cuts, hold 4 weeks (symptoms almost non-existent).

2020 Still micro-tapering. Just over 2/3 of the way off effexor. Minimal symptoms, - and sleeping well.
Supplements: Fish oil, vitamin C, iron, oat-straw tea, nettle tea.

2023 December - Now on 5 micro-beads Effexor. Minimal symptoms but much more time needed between drops. Symptoms begin to increase.

2024 April - Updosed to 6 microbeads - immediate increase in symptoms for 4 days. Decreased to 5 microbeads.

'The possibility of renewal exists so long as life exists.'  Dr Gabor Mate.

Hello Moonstoneblue,

I'm glad you feel you've found a place of support - there will be plenty for you here, and some good information too.  It sounds to me like your anxiety increased because the drug was no longer working properly, and started to cause anxiety in you.  I had the same thing happen to me (but with Effexor).  Doubling your dose will have really sent your Central Nervous System into a bit of shock, as will have switching drugs. 

Getting stable will be what you now need to focus on. 

You might find it reassuring to read about neuro-plasticity and brain restoration.  It gave me a lot of hope when I first came here.  You might also like to read about withdrawal syndrome so you have an understanding of what can happen - because symptoms don't always show up immediately.  They can appear weeks or months later.

From this point, you have two options.  One is to just wait and see what happens - and you do need to know that things can get much worse after a cold-turkey.  The other is to reinstate Prozac and then taper more gently.  We recommend a gentle taper, reducing by no more than 10% of your current dose each month.  This allows your brain time to adjust as you go, and lessens any withdrawal.  If it were me, I'd reinstate.  Nobody ever wants to, but it really is the least painful path. 

If you do choose to reinstate, it's probably best to go with the 20mg you were originally on. 

When did you start taking Vitamin B?  If it was after you stopped taking the drugs then you may want to stop taking it as it can be quite activating for your central nervous system, and make your symptoms worse.  Many people find Fish oil and magnesium useful during withdrawal.   

Would you be able to fill out a signature – drugs/dates/dosages etc - so we can see your situation easily whenever you post, and help you more accurately?  Thanks.

Well, that's plenty to start with, so have a read those and then you can come back to this thread to discuss things further.  This will be your journal to record your tapering and healing progress, and to ask questions.  And you will be okay - you have some info to take on board, and some decisions to make, but you'll work your way through this and get onto a good healing path. 

Hugs,

Karen

Hi Karen, I wasn't expecting anyone to reply so soon :)

You have already given me plenty of information just there, thank you :)

Oh wow, I really didn't know that about the B complex vitamins, I'm a vegetarian and I feared I was possibly b12 or b6 deficient, I guess I better stop taking them then. I will look into fish oils, even though I'm vegetarian I don't mind that. I use to take salmon oil all the time when I was on prozac but I ran out and haven't been able to afford anymore.

I think I'll see how I am for a bit and if I feel that I need to reinstate the 20mg of prozac I will. 

This whole process is so scary as I haven't really had any of my adult life without some form of AD.

I'll go have a look at filling in this signature right now.

Thank you Karen :)

Hugs.

2001 - Prozac 20mg for a week weeks   2001- Venelaxafine 37.5 mg  2006 - Ciptralex 10mg I think   2008 - Mirtazipine (not sure of dose, was the lowest though).  2008 - Citalopram (standard dose)  2009 - Prozac 20mg until 29 Feb 2016  2016 - Setraline 25mg for 3 days (from March 3rd until March 5th).  2016 - 11th March Reinstated 5mg prozac. 26th May 2016 down to 4.5mg Prozac. 26June 2016 down to 4mg prozac. Back up to 5mg on 3rd July 2016.

Supplements - B- Complex, Flaxseed oil, L-lysine 1000mg, Iron 20mg. Spirulina 500mg. Quest Synergist Magnesium 150mg, Salmon oil 1000mg twice a day, Evening Primrose oil 500mg. 

Welcome Moonstoneblue,

i join with Karen in concern for your CT.

Im stunned that your doctor just sits there with a ;whatever' attitiude.

It is very predictable what is about to occur and its serious.

Please consider reinstating back to your normal dose. And then the good folk here can walk you through a safe taper plan.

You have just removed the foundations of the 'Meridian Quay' you need to put them back for the slightest stress will bring the whole building down.

You have a deep and brain altering drug addiction and very soon symptoms of abstinence will manifest .

One cannot imagine the suffering until it is experienced.

To the best of my understanding David Healy the world authority is from Wales.

Here are the wdl symptoms in a checklist

Dr. Joseph Glenmullen's withdrawal symptom checklist

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Moonstoneblue,

Welcome to SA.  You've found a supportive community here with lots of really helpful information.  It can be a bit overwhelming when you first find this place.  Once you've read a bit and start to understand that the drugs change our brains it makes sense why reinstating is recommended.

These couple of things helped me to accept that I needed to stay on my drug for the time being and reduce it slowly:

Video: Healing from Antidepressants: Patterns of Recovery

Brain Remodelling

All the best, CC

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Hi Nz and Chessiecat,

I did go back to the doctor that day to see about tapering but he seemed to think I'd be fine :/ To be honest I don't think any of them know what to do when it comes to coming off ADs. 

I guess I'll have to go back and try to get some advice. My two good GPs who were excellent have both left the practice, so I'm not sure which doctor is best anymore.

Edit: I just looked up David Healy as I had no idea who he was, and wiki does indeed say he's from Bangor in North Wales :) I've learned something new today.

I did go back to the doctor that day to see about tapering but he seemed to think I'd be fine

Well i got 30% for my end of yr senior high school external biology exam ...unllike your doctor who probably got 95% plus another 7 yrs training on top of that. So i guess that makes me a clueless idiot and your doctor highly trained and knows what he is doing..

Keep us updated.

So so glad you found sa.

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

The one thing I'm afraid of though is if I go back onto my original 20mg of prozac will I get those terrible surges of anxiety again? I felt so much adrenaline when I was on them, everything felt like a constant rush. And also I felt I had to rush to do things, such as getting dressed etc. Everything was as though I had to finish quickly, at the moment I feel so calm. I feel that I can think properly. I can even wee properly (sorry for too much info) but for years I was unable to feel I was emptying my bladder properly and would spend all night back and forth to the loo :blush:

Would it be ok to ask for 10mg of fluoxetine?

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi MSB

"To be honest I don't think any of them know what to do when it comes to coming off ADs."

And most of us here think the same thing!!!

What many of us have realised is that "we are on our own" as far as making the decisions about what to do.  However, thanks to SA and the wealth of knowledge and information here, we are able to ask questions and get suggestions so we can then make an informed decision.  Also, it helps to realise that the doctor doesn't have to give their permission for us to taper, reinstate etc, just provide the necessary drug in the necessary dose/format.

Before seeing a doctor, reading these might help:

How do you talk to a doctor about tapering and withdrawal?

What should I expect from my doctor about withdrawal symptoms?

"if I go back onto my original 20mg of prozac will I get those terrible surges of anxiety again?"

You could maybe try taking a smaller dose because you could always increase it after a while if the withdrawal symptoms don't ease.  In that case getting 10 mg would be a good idea.

CC

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

Thank you both :)

Nz I'd never think anyone was an idiot for whatever school grades they had. I wasn't a biology sort at school either, I was more into arts :)

Thank you for the link Chessiecat, I have a lot to look up about and I have a lot decisions to make. 

I better get some sleep now, it's 4am here in Wales :) And I'm actually feeling tired, I've had insomnia for days.

Thank you all so much , you've all been so helpful, I'm clueless about all of this stuff.  xx

• Moderator Emeritus

"I'm clueless about all of this stuff"

So was I when I first found this site :)

re "So i guess that makes me a clueless idiot and your doctor highly trained and knows what he is doing"

NZ11 has a wacky & cynical sense of humour.  You'll get used to it. ;)

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Moonstone , welcome to the site.

You have lots of reading to get started with.

I'd be inclined to reinstate at 5mg and see how you go - you can always increase it later.  20mg was too much if you had a racy adrenaline feeling while on it.

We have info on how to get 5mg from a 20mg tablet , see Tips for Tapering.

Try and sleep , best wishes ,  Fresh

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

Dont worry I had to learn lots of new words too like...Healy Breggin Shipko Whitaker Scott Gotzsche ssri akathisia  tapering ...(my doctor gave me pretty much the same advice as you ...'oh whatever' )....oh yeah and protracted withdrawal.

Prozac has the longest half life (basically it takes longer for the body to wake up to the fact it no longer has its fix) of these chemicals and it will be in month 1-2 that the withdrawal will no doubt come home to bite.

nz11

cc...I did get 30% that is not a joke but considering our teacher got pregnant to her university lecturer and was never in the class i think i outperformed myself just getting the 30%.

Recovering paxil addict

• Moderator Emeritus

"I did get 30% that is not a joke"

Well we are now students in the University of Life.

"I did get 30% that is not a joke"

Well we are now students in the University of Life.

For sure.

Recovering paxil addict

Hi fresh, and everyone :)

I think I would be happy to start back at 5mg. Even thinking about going back to 20mg makes me feel ill.

I was just wondering why would Prozac have turned on me like that after having such great success with it?

I loved how happy I felt on Prozac but in recent months I had a lot of brain fog, I couldn't remember things for the life of me and I just felt confused all the time. I felt brain dead but I knew inside that I was a bit smarter than that. I was always too anxious to enjoy anything on it too.

I called the doctors today and couldn't get an appointment, so I'm calling early tomorrow now.

I think withdrawal has hit me today, I'm a bit moody and everything annoys me. I feel a bit aggressive which is something I never feel. :/

• Administrator

Welcome, moonstoneblue.

As you seem to have had adverse reactions to 20mg Prozac, and your nervous system may have been sensitized by coming off so quickly, I would try 5mg.

Prozac comes in a liquid so you can easily take small amounts, see Tips for tapering off Prozac (fluoxetine)

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Thank you Alostrata,

I've had a look at tapering off Prozac. I feel like I could do with 5mg right now, but I only have 20mg capsules and don't have any distilled water to break them down. I sort of can't concentrate either :/

I feel like breaking open a capsule and halving and quartering a capsule though. I know it wouldn't be accurate though.

• Administrator

You can use ordinary water. You will need an oral syringe to measure a liquid.

Dividing a capsule by eye might do for a couple of days.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Thank you altostrata, I think I'll do it by eye tonight but hopefully I'll see the doctor tomorrow and get some liquid form.

I have plenty of syringes though from when my pet rabbits are ill. I just don't think I can concentrate on how to divide it with water at the moment though.

• Administrator

Try taking a very little bit of the powder in a capsule, even less than 1/4 of the contents. It may clear up the fog.

I've just taken 1/4 of a Prozac, was surprisingly easy to do. Hope it works :)

• Moderator Emeritus

Hope so too Moonstoneblue.  Glad Alto chimed in with her advise to start lower.  Let us know how you feel over the next wee while.  If after a while it is clear your CNS isn't settling then you can slowly increase the amount until you find the right level.  Give it at least 4 days to a week before making further changes.

2010  Fluoxetine 20mg.  2011  Escitalopram 20mg.  2013 Tapered badly and destabilised CNS.  Effexor 150mg. 

2015 Begin using info at SurvivingAntidepressants.  Cut 10% - bad w/d 2 months, held 1 month. 

Micro-tapering: four weekly 0.4% cuts, hold 4 weeks (struggling with symptoms).

8 month hold.

2017 Micro-tapering: four weekly 1% cuts, hold 4 weeks (symptoms almost non-existent).

2020 Still micro-tapering. Just over 2/3 of the way off effexor. Minimal symptoms, - and sleeping well.
Supplements: Fish oil, vitamin C, iron, oat-straw tea, nettle tea.

2023 December - Now on 5 micro-beads Effexor. Minimal symptoms but much more time needed between drops. Symptoms begin to increase.

2024 April - Updosed to 6 microbeads - immediate increase in symptoms for 4 days. Decreased to 5 microbeads.

'The possibility of renewal exists so long as life exists.'  Dr Gabor Mate.

Hi Karen, thank you :) I was wondering how long I should wait :)

I bought some fish oil today and took it :) been feeling quite positive today.

I was so very moody on Thursday. I felt agitated and annoyed. I threw a load of old clothes away in frustration ???? I just hope I won't need them back.

Had my second reinstated dose of Prozac tonight too. I just hope it doesn't start affecting my water works again, I'm hoping the dose will be low enough not to.

• Moderator Emeritus

Have you had any symptom relief yet Moonstone ?

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

Hey fresh :) I've been feeling nice and calm since being back on 5mg of Prozac, like how I use to be minus the anxiety and adrenaline feeling.

Just took my fish oil :)

• Moderator Emeritus

That's very promising.   Hopefully 5 mg will do the trick.

If you dissolve a 20mg tablet in 20mls of regular water ,  you can draw up a precise dose of 5mg.  It will keep in the fridge.

If you can start taking liquid now you know you're getting a consistent dose  , and it will be easier to measure as your dose gets lower. :)

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg

• Administrator

Very good to hear, MSB.

Please take your Prozac at the same time each day, this will assist stability, and keep notes on paper of your symptom pattern.

Oh wow fresh I had no idea it was that easy, I'll be doing it that way in the future then :) I'll have to find one of my rabbits syringes :)

Ooh I keep meaning to write a diary, I will do that. Ill also make a point of taking them at the same time every night also :) I just hope I carry on feeling this stable.

I've just made and taken my first liquid dose :) a bit bitter but it was alright :) thank you.

• Moderator Emeritus

Another happy customer , lol.   The liquid may be absorbed faster than tablets because there are no buffers and fillers.

Your body should adjust quickly.  Don't freak out if you get a little agitated , it should pass after a few doses.

Well done , you've made some good decisions in the past few days.    Now you need to rest and recover.  And keep reading.

:P

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg

Lol. Thank you for your service :) cool ok, I'll keep it in mind about the agitation :)

I've been off work for 3 weeks and still unsure whether I need another week or not, to get use to the reintroduction of Prozac :/

Thank you :)

Been feeling tired but ok today, but tonight my anxiety feels high, it's even making me asthmatic.

Maybe if I sleep soon I'll feel a bit better. Maybe it's tiredness.

Today I slept over 15hours because I was so exhausted. The doctor said they'll only give me 20mg capsules and I need to take them every other day, so I'm not happy about that.

I'm going back on Thursday so I'm going to try with a different doctor to get the liquid. Feel disappointed and upset.