CNBduran: Not sure what to do with my Zoloft taper

Cnbduran

I'm new here and wanted to do a quick intro. I never struggled with anxiety and depression until I had post-partum after my second son 8 years ago August. My OB first put me on 100mg of Zoloft...I was feeling anxious still and she also put me on .25 xanax 3x a day. Over the years I stayed on both except when I quickly tapered for my pregnancy with my daughter who is now three. I got back right on after because my doctor wanted to avoid any post-partum issues. I have had side-affects from the drugs but it never really dawned on me. Soooo a year ago January I started to taper my Xanax. I did this over the course of one year. I have now been off Xanax for 4 1/2 months. Here is where I failed...I started tapering my Zoloft in December right before I finished my Xanax taper. I did 6.25mg cuts every two weeks. I got down to 50 mg a month and a half ago and got slammed with the flu which through me into acute symptoms. I was desperate so I up-dosed the Zoloft by 12.5 mg. I had no idea it was recommended to taper the SSRI first....so now what? I am not stabilizing on the updose and I am tempted to just continue the Zoloft taper. Any recommendations at this point? I don't want to get back on the Xanax and I also don't want to have the stimulating effects of the Zoloft. Sorry that was long. Your advice is appreciated. Xo

August 2008 No previous history of Depression or anxiety I was hit with post-natal anxiety and depression after my sons birth. March of 2009- given 100 mg Zoloft May of 2009-given .25 Xanax 3x a day due to Zoloft not helping anxiety
2012 pregnant with daughter came off Xanax and down to 25 mg Zoloft
Oct 2012 after daughter birth put back on 100mg Zoloft and Xanax .25 3x a day
Jan 2015 tapered off Xanax over the year
Dec 2015 started tapering Zoloft 6.25 mg every two weeks- slowed this down in May to every 4 wks. Still pushed forward regardless of intensifying mental symptoms especially severe DP.
Down to 25 mg Zoloft mid sept 2016-
Dropped again 6.25 mg and things became so severe I decided to hold. 12 weeks later dec 2016-  at 18 mg Zoloft. I am suffering severe debilitating DP and with this a lot of other mental symptoms and of course some physical ones that I can handle.

Did incorrect liquid taper and realized 3 weeks later I had dropped 10 mg- done Dec 15-down to 8 mg Zoloft

Dropped 4 mg Jan 20th 2017-Current dose 4 mg Zoloft- Did this all wrong!

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi, Cnbduran.

Welcome to the forum.

With a slower taper and some self care, you are going to be just fine. We have a number of members who came off their benzo first, but have gone on to taper the SSRI and heal. Your CNS is probably a bit more frazzled due to the benzo taper, so you may want to consider going extra slow. 

We recommend going no faster than a 10% taper, with the 10% calculated by the amount of the last dose. So coming off at 6.25 mg in the beginning from 100 mg would have been fine, as that is a 6.25% reduction.

However, as you've lowered the dose, the 6.25 mg reductions carry a higher percentage value. Your most recent cut from 56.25 mg down to 50 mg is an 11.1% reduction and then you upped it by 12.5 mg in the other direction. 

Not to get caught up in the math, your CNS has had quite a workout. But it seems that even the recommended 10% reduction may be a bit fast, especially on the heels of a benzo taper. So you may want to consider no faster than 5% going forward or even switching to a microtaper. Also, reducing every 2 weeks seems to be a bit fast, so you may want to consider a full month before reductions. 

Here are some links to get you started:

Tips for tapering off Zoloft (sertraline)

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

Micro-taper instead of 10% or 5% decreases

What is withdrawal syndrome? 

The Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

Are you currently at 62.5 mg (50mg plus the 12.5mg updose)?  How long ago did you updose? 

Also, when you got "slammed by the flu," did you take any type of medications? Sometimes even supplements and over the counter remedies can cause an uptick in symptoms. 

Updosing by twice the amount you had been decreasing may have been too much and that may be what's creating the stimulating effects. Coming off a benzo can really stabilize your CNS, so you may wish to proceed very, very slowly and cautiously going forward. You may also be extra sensitive to supplements, food, stress, etc. 

There are some great non-drug ways of handling symptoms that may come in handy:

Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms

Please add your medication history in your signature:

Please put your withdrawal history in your signature

This thread is the place to keep track of your symptoms. Please feel free to also ask questions. 

Thank you SO much. My poor CNS! Yes I am currently on 62.5 mg and have been here for 5 wks. I didn't realize I had to reduce the 10% by the last dose. I also didn't know I was suppose to wait one month in between. Man o man I wish I could go back and do it the right way all over again.... Ok so slow, slow, slow. I don't know that I can expect to stabilize at this point. Would you recommend to just continue tapering with one of the methods you listed?

August 2008 No previous history of Depression or anxiety I was hit with post-natal anxiety and depression after my sons birth. March of 2009- given 100 mg Zoloft May of 2009-given .25 Xanax 3x a day due to Zoloft not helping anxiety
Dec 2015 started tapering Zoloft 6.25 mg every two weeks- slowed this down in May to every 4 wks. Still pushed forward regardless of intensifying mental symptoms especially severe DP.
Dropped again 6.25 mg and things became so severe I decided to hold. 12 weeks later dec 2016-  at 18 mg Zoloft. I am suffering severe debilitating DP and with this a lot of other mental symptoms and of course some physical ones that I can handle.

Did incorrect liquid taper and realized 3 weeks later I had dropped 10 mg- done Dec 15-down to 8 mg Zoloft

Also, I did not take any supplements when I got the flu. I had just got to 50mg Zoloft and was 3 months post benzo taper and I think it was just all to much for my CNS. ????

Question? Do if I decide to go forward with 5% reductions could I use a scale. I don't want to use the liquid Zoloft because it has 12% alcohol in the solution (not good for the benzo withdrawal).

Welcome cnbduran

Yep you will need a scale if you aren't going to use liquid. And i like the idea of 5%.

We all wish we could turn back the clock and choose differently, so you are not alone. I know i struggle forgiving myself.

But we cant be to hard on ourselves WE are not to blame for this. 

If you aren't stable at this point you might like to consider holding until you are. Things could potentially get a whole lot worse.

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

Cnbduran.   A lot of us wish we could go back and do it the right way, but at the time we didn't know.   This quote sums it up  :

" Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better. "   Maya Angelou

This link should help :

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1596-using-a-digital-scale-to-measure-doses/

Also would you be able to add your drug and withdrawal history, please ? Drugs, doses & dates . It helps people understand your context when they read your posts.

Thanks,

Ali

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

Thank you for your responses. What if I don't stabilize anytime soon because of the benzo withdrawal?

Sometimes it can take a while. It takes time. Stability is the key .

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6632-the-rule-of-3kis-keep-it-simple-keep-it-slow-keep-it-stable/

Ali

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

So I've been trying to do the math of dropping 5% every four weeks starting at my current dose of 62.5. If I calculated right that would take me ridiculously long? Some where around 3yrs 8 months? That doesn't seem right.

• Moderator Emeritus

CNB, Your calculation is correct, assuming your reductions are linear at the very end when you get below 1 mg. As you've probably read, some people find symptoms more manageable if they slow down as the dose approaches 0.

I've created a google spreadsheet in my anonymous gmail account that will calculate 36 tapered doses and start dates of the same % reduction for the same number of days at each taper stage.  Onmywayoffcymbalta - scallywag's doses reduction calculator

tags: <math_nerd> <i_love_spreadsheets>

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

Ok thanks! So you guys wouldn't recommend going up to my original dose of 100 mg since I tapered wrong would you? Sorry so many questions...this whole thing is so hard. Never knowing what to do.

• Moderator Emeritus

No, I wouldn't go back up to your original dose. You stated you're at 62.5 mg and have been for 5 weeks, so going back up to 100 mg at this point may be a bit much.

How are you feeling now? 

Please place your medication information in your signature. That will help us see your history, as well as where you're currently at in your taper.  Here's how:

So I've been trying to do the math of dropping 5% every four weeks starting at my current dose of 62.5. If I calculated right that would take me ridiculously long? Some where around 3yrs 8 months? That doesn't seem right.

This figure doesnt seem right to me either...even if linear.

If you travel reducing at the 5% of previous dose per every four weeks it will take approx. 6.3 calender years to get from 62.5mg  to 1mg.

It doesnt matter how long it takes as long as you remain functioning and can have a life. imo.

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

• Moderator Emeritus

CNB, Your calculation is correct, assuming your reductions are linear at the very end when you get below 1 mg. As you've probably read, some people find symptoms more manageable if they slow down as the dose approaches 0.

CNBd: nz11 IS CORRECT. I was wrong in my previous post.

To go from 62.5 mg to 1 mg

• 10% reductions takes 3 -4 yrs
  • 5% reductions will take 6 -7 yrs

My linked spreadsheet does the math correctly. I didn't use the right values. :huh: If you want to see the numbers, I've left 62.5 start dose, 5% reduction, 28 days as inputs in the spreadsheet.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction

• 6 months later...

Thank you ahead of time for listening. If you read my signature it pretty much explains where I am at right now in my tapering process with the Zoloft. All of my drops from 50 mg down have been way too large and I knew better but now I am where I'm at and can't decide what to do.

I have sat at my last dose for 3 months and have not stabilized. I'm currently at 17 mg because I did a 10% liquid drop two weeks ago. I either need to go forward with my taper at a much slower pace or go back up to a dose that I may stabilize at. I'm at a loss. I don't know what to do. Everyone has differing views.

My symptoms are unbearable. I'm living to survive each day. I have SEVERE severe DP 24/7 that started 8 months ago...it's to the point I see no way to come back from it (if it weren't for this symptom from Satan himself I could deal with the rest but this has me paralyzed, I could write a short novel on how it's affected me), ruminating thoughts about the DP, crushing depression, anxiety, mental akathasia, irritability, rage, etc. I won't list the physical because they are a cake walk compared to the mental symptoms. I feel like I'm in a room with no Windows or doors and no matter which way I decide to go I will never get out of this.

I'm constantly analyzing every scenario and it's wearing me thin...go back up in dose by a small amounts til I stabilize or continue to taper...I contemplate this everyday. I'm scared of updosing and it not working and I'm scared of going off and fearing that I will lose the window to reinstate, the thoughts go on and on. I'm at a point I wish I would have never started this process.

Will I heal regardless of what I do? I'm beyond terrified and horrified that this is my existence. Opinions and thoughts appreciated.

Edited by scallywag
paragraph breaks for readability

Hi, sorry to hear of your circumstances.  I can't advise what to do - the staff here have much more knowledge and experience, although personally when i was in a distressed state reinstating at my last stable dose, which I think was following their advice at the time, seemed to be best and then I waited for quite some time before attempting a slow taper.   

Just thought I'd ask if you're taking a good quality fish oil?  I noticed a difference when taking this - it really helped.  Also, simple breathing exercises have helped me significantly - although initially  I kept putting them off.     

History:- 1993: - prescribed Prozac - soon started having momentary episodes of psychosis - 1994: psychotic breakdown  - prescribed high doses of antipsychotics including Depixol, Chlorpromazine (with procyclidine to control pacing) and later prescribed olanzapine, haloperidol, risperidone with different antidepressants (relapsed or crashed each time I tried to reduce or withdraw from meds).  Can't recall all combinations of drugs have been on.   2007: amisulpride 400mg & venlafaxine 75mg    2013: Got down to 150mg amisulpride, but hospitalised with v.bad psychosis after dropping to this dose and coerced into taking 600mg (always hit problems when dropping below 200mg)  2014: reduced and then problematic symptoms of psychosis, mid-Dec - back up to 200mg,

Feb 2015 had reduced to 180.5mg crashed badly and suddenly and hospitalised : prescribed 300mg amisulpride, 10 mg aripripazole, 50 mg sertraline.  Gradually reduced to 60.75mg amisulpride and 10mg abilify only by Dec 2016.  shortly after 30/1/17 two days paranoia, held and stabilised.  made 2.5% reductions in amisulpride to get to 50mg amisulpride plus 10mg abilify.  Held for long period of time to let CNS stabilise as unable to tolerate any more reductions (from Aug 2017)   April 2018 40mg amisulpride and 10mg abilify.

Current Meds: 17.6mg amisulpride, 10mg abilify plus 2000mg metformin for type II diabetes

• Moderator Emeritus

What coping tactics are you using to deal with the DP/DR?

There may be ideas in this thread:

Derealization and/or depersonalization

scallywag's Introduction

Thanks Whitelily!

Unfortunately I haven't really been at a stable dose since this all started. Its kinda complicated because I started winging the zoloft before I had completely finished the Xanax taper. I guess the last time I was somewhat stable was back in April when I was just above 50 mg. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi CNB,

I've merged your new topic and the response from whitelily into your Intro/Update topic.  This way your history, questions and responses are kept together for you, the mods and other members.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

hi CNB, yvw - and just tried to reply and then connection went, so will try and remember here what I wrote in case its of some help in your situation.  From experience, I know that when you're stressed, it can take time to process information, so also printing out what;s said and highlighting the key points can help or discussing them with someone you trust.    

Apart from deciding about reinstating which they can advise you on here; as scallywag was prompting you in #18, it really is good to try out coping mechanisms which can help you through the day and longer term.  Apart from trying fish oil and breathing exercises (really recommend these), I also found having Epsom salts in a bath helpful (or foot -bath), making time for a gentle walk in the day, plus having a drop of lavender oil on my pillow which helped me relax and get sleepy.  (Keeping out of reach of little ones of course). 

I hope you are able to relax a bit more soon - I can totally understand wanting to get off this type of drug asap, but going into crisis can be so awful and it can happen quite quickly sometimes, that now I am much more cautious when dropping doses because I don't want to be readmitted to hospital where you can be coerced into taking much higher doses.  From what you have said, it sounds like you may be feeling quite or even very  edgy - I know for me personally that was a signal that I needed to consider the wisest course of action asap - and take some time out to rest ( seeking emotional/practical support too from people close to me).    

History:- 1993: - prescribed Prozac - soon started having momentary episodes of psychosis - 1994: psychotic breakdown  - prescribed high doses of antipsychotics including Depixol, Chlorpromazine (with procyclidine to control pacing) and later prescribed olanzapine, haloperidol, risperidone with different antidepressants (relapsed or crashed each time I tried to reduce or withdraw from meds).  Can't recall all combinations of drugs have been on.   2007: amisulpride 400mg & venlafaxine 75mg    2013: Got down to 150mg amisulpride, but hospitalised with v.bad psychosis after dropping to this dose and coerced into taking 600mg (always hit problems when dropping below 200mg)  2014: reduced and then problematic symptoms of psychosis, mid-Dec - back up to 200mg,

Feb 2015 had reduced to 180.5mg crashed badly and suddenly and hospitalised : prescribed 300mg amisulpride, 10 mg aripripazole, 50 mg sertraline.  Gradually reduced to 60.75mg amisulpride and 10mg abilify only by Dec 2016.  shortly after 30/1/17 two days paranoia, held and stabilised.  made 2.5% reductions in amisulpride to get to 50mg amisulpride plus 10mg abilify.  Held for long period of time to let CNS stabilise as unable to tolerate any more reductions (from Aug 2017)   April 2018 40mg amisulpride and 10mg abilify.

Current Meds: 17.6mg amisulpride, 10mg abilify plus 2000mg metformin for type II diabetes

• 1 month later...

I was wondering if this constant mind chatter, rumination about symptoms, negative thoughts, etc. will eventually settle down? I have this with Severe DP.  It feels very chemical and I am not able to stop it from happening. The best I can do is try my best to accept it. This is just caused by all that is currently going on in the brain as it tries to reach homeostasis again right? Once more healing has taken place this should calm down? 

Thanks!

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi

I've merged your new intro topic to your original Intro/Update topic.  Each member has 1 intro topic where they can ask questions about their own situation as well as journal their progress.  This also keeps your history in one place.

Many topics and discussions already exist on SA.  To search the site I use google and type in survivingantidepressants.org + topic.  Typing in ruminating brings up a couple of topics.

Here is a list of topics where you might find some helpful ideas:

Edited by ChessieCat
Changed list of topics

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• 1 month later...

Is our brain healing as we taper? I am down to 4 mg of Zoloft from 100 mg and was curious if my brain will continue to heal and adjust if I stay at this dose for a while. Are there any theories on this?

Thanks!

Edited by scallywag
moved from new topic started in Tapering

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi CNBduran -- I've moved your post/question to your introduction topic so that all your information, questions and answers are in one place.

Yes you are healing as you taper. Please look at these links for helpful explanations:

How your brain responds to psychiatric drugs - aka "Brain remodeling"

Youtube video, 4 minutes: Healing from antidepressants

scallywag's Introduction

Scallywag, 

Maybe you will have some insight into this..?after I take my zoloft I can feel it take effect about an hour or so after and I get about a 20-30% lift in symptoms for two hours or so and then back to feeling completely thick in DP/DR, fear, rumination, etc. I wonder if I could ever get to a good baseline by staying on this dose since supposedly the brain is healing continuously or do you think that staying on a 4 mg dose just keeps my brain in a state of "confusion?  I fear once I get off it will never figure out how to function normally again because as of now its pretty clear that my brain isn't functioning even remotely without that boost shortly after taking the Zoloft. This is just a thought that constantly swirls my mind. 

Thanks!

• Moderator Emeritus

You may want to stay at 4 mg for a while, you've come down from 100 mg starting in Dec. 2015. That's a fair bit faster than we recommend. If you'd been decreasing 10% per month, your dose now would be around 21 mg. In addition you appear to have started the Zoloft taper very soon after tapering off Xanax.

What do you think about giving your CNS (central nervous system) some time to catch up with your current dose and to settle down, possibly even reducing the symptoms of DP/DR, fear and rumination?

scallywag's Introduction

Thanks Scallywag, 

This was kinda what I was thinking of doing. I admit I did it all wrong and I am painfully paying for it. I just wasn't sure if just staying at the 4 mg would prevent my brain from healing because its still receiving the zoloft...I didn't know if this would just keep my brain kinda confused. Honestly, I feel like i've permanently screwed myself.  A lot of people talk about how you can't heal unless you get completely off the drug but I can barely survive each day as it is and without the very subtle two hour lift I get I think I would break. I've contemplated up-dosing too but thats a whole other ball of wax. 

Also, I have been dry cutting my 4 mg. Do you think making liquid in water would be more accurate?

• Moderator Emeritus

Making a liquid allows you to make smaller reductions. Not to sound like an infomercial, but .. "All you have to do is add water!" ;)

Have a look at this discussion topic:
Making a liquid from a tablet or capsules .

scallywag's Introduction