powerback: tapering no 2

powerback

13 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

And over the Christmas period too, when many members notice their symptoms increasing because of the additional stress.

Thankfully this year is very quite ,so I need to revel in that .

My dam self critic doesn't need any one around to yap away lol.

Happy holidays CC.take care .

Alcohol free since February 2015 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• powerback

• Altostrata

• dj2010

• pinkfairy

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

Hang in there, powerback.

You have been taking 5mg Prozac only for about 48 hours? When was the last time you increased Prozac?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

3 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Hang in there, powerback.

You have been taking 5mg Prozac only for about 48 hours? When was the last time you increased Prozac?

I'm hanging lol,thanks Alto .

48 hours is correct.

yesterday I went from 4mg to 5mg Prozac and dropped the venlefax to zero yesterday .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• Administrator

It will take at least 4 days for that last 1mg Prozac to fully take effect. That should give you some stability.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

7 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

It will take at least 4 days for that last 1mg Prozac to fully take effect. That should give you some stability.

sound Alto thanks for the reassurance ,im just thankful I have vast experience of withdrawl and know what I'm in for at the worst  ,tongue in cheek here lol.apolagies ,im awful for the sarcasm lol.

Change the channel has been useful today .

Thanks again and hope your Christmas was nice. 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• Administrator

Yes, my Christmas was very nice -- a good movie and dinner in Chinatown, the tradition of my people!

You may be wobbly for a bit but I believe you'll pull this off. Please let us know how you're doing.

4 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Yes, my Christmas was very nice -- a good movie and dinner in Chinatown, the tradition of my people!

You may be wobbly for a bit but I believe you'll pull this off. Please let us know how you're doing.

Sound thanks Alto .

Im keeping notes for the bridge ,I wont post too much misery  ,ive done enough of that for long enough lol. 

Take care 🙏.

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• Moderator Emeritus
32 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Ah, Alto, sounds like the traditions of the "members of the tribe."  I know them well.  Reminds me of the great joke about little Isaac learning in history class that Chinese civilization reached its pinnacle around the time of Christ and flourished in the years thereafter, many years after the Hebrew civilization had been abundant.  Troubled by this revelation Isaac apprehensively approached his teacher and asked, "but teacher, I'm confused, if what you say is true what did my people eat on Sunday nights for 2000 years?"

Happy holidays to all!

Best,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

• Administrator

😸

• Moderator Emeritus

powerback you are doing well using your coping skills.  I'm really hoping that you feel some improvement really soon.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Administrator

powerback, how are you?

4 hours ago, Altostrata said:

powerback, how are you?

Hi ALto.im on day 6 of 5mg prozac.

I have brain zaps and a flushing feeling going through my brain,some vertigo .

Sleep has gone a bit ,I would usually be noding off about 10 ,its drifted until after 12 .

Theres other symptoms that have been here for months .

Only lately ive copped I have hyperousel going on along time from reading someones thread.

What do you think of going to 6mg prozac ,I mite wait another week .

Thanks and happy new year all.

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Its gotten very bad today .its by far the worst day .

extreme irritation.

Fatigue.

very dark mood.very conscious of it rubbing off on others ,so lots of energy being used to police it 😓.

My system definitely not likening this .

Maybe tomorrow will bring mermaids and unicorns 🤨

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• Administrator

How do you feel before and after you take your daily Prozac?

You might want to add in a couple beads of Effexor today, to get past this rough patch.

34 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

How do you feel before and after you take your daily Prozac?

You might want to add in a couple beads of Effexor today, to get past this rough patch.

the capsule has 3 tablets inside it so maybe I could take one of them in the morning .

don't feel great all day really ,today is particularly bad ,if I'm not on my own without external distraction  ,I'm easily irritated and my mind takes over ,theres no calming it ,its like wildfire .

I take the Prozac on waking ,so maybe ile wait an hour or 2 before taking it and see .

Thanks Alto cheers .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• Administrator

Do you feel better or worse after taking Prozac?

You might take just a chip from the Effexor mini-tablet, in the morning.

35 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Do you feel better or worse after taking Prozac?

You might take just a chip from the Effexor mini-tablet, in the morning.

worse by the last 2 days feelings .is this a few days without Effexor or the Prozac ,I cant tell .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• Administrator
27 minutes ago, powerback said:

worse by the last 2 days feelings .is this a few days without Effexor or the Prozac ,I cant tell .

If you take a chip of Effexor, you'll probably be able to tell. Most likely, it's lack of Effexor.

If you can hold on for a few more days, you can tell better if you need more Prozac.

• Moderator Emeritus

This made me smile 😊:

12 hours ago, powerback said:

just got my food shop delivered,oh the simple things that can excite me these days lol.

However, it is much better to get some excitement over a grocery delivery than to feel so anxious that you can't open the door when they arrive.  Or was it that you had some yummy goodies in there?  My daughter bought me a shopping bag with "Oops, I bought  chocolate instead" printed on the outside.

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

10 hours ago, powerback said:

how are you this morning PB?

2001 - 2005 prozac,  2001 - 2017 various benzos, mainly diazapem and zanex,  2002 - 2017 olanzapine or seroquel,  2002 -2017 propanolol, 2005 - 2009 venlafaxine 75mg , forced to go cold turkey off venlafaxine as moved Thailand, doctor cut me off and couldn't get it there, severely ill for over 2 years, countered withdrawals with more zanex and seroquel

2014 returned to UK, mainly to get treatment getting off meds

doctor advised to taper seroquel over a few weeks, severely ill and bed bed-bound so reinstated it, 2015 tapered seroquel myself slower over a few months, was off it 2 months and was too ill so went on olanzapine, became zombie and too tired to get out of bed, went back on seroquel, very depressed so went back on venlafaxine, didnt work  so doctor swapped to zoloft became very agitated so back on venlafaxine

June 2016 - felt strong enough to begin tapering again, started what I thought was a slow taper of all meds,  2016 July Not had any alcoholic drink since this date, 

2016 October completely off diazepem, 2017 Feb completely off seroquel, 2017 March completely off proponanlol, 2017 April (day before birthday) completely off venlafaxine, OFF ALL MEDS 11/4/2017, was fine for nearly 3 months and then delayed withdrawal hit,

supplements taking: turmeric capsules, NiaCel (nicotinamide riboside), Vit B12 sublingual, Vit B3, Vit B6, Vit B1, apple cider vinegar, manuka umf 10 honey, camu camu powder,  melatonin when needed, epsom salt baths, juices, smoothies, 

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15175-dj2010-off-all-meds-for-3-months-and-been-fine-now-bad-insomnia/

Hi DJ ,disaster ,too tired and unstable to go for a walk and jumping out of my skin sitting in all day,quite the mess .

Im definitely worse after taking the prozac ,so do I wait for months to stabilise ,i cant sustain this stress .

I have very bad hyperarousel .

Take care .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

10 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

This made me smile 😊:

However, it is much better to get some excitement over a grocery delivery than to feel so anxious that you can't open the door when they arrive.  Or was it that you had some yummy goodies in there?  My daughter bought me a shopping bag with "Oops, I bought  chocolate instead" printed on the outside.

Ide eatn the cubards bare CC and if I didnt order food in ,I would of got caught out and orderd pizza/takeout,horrendously over priced .

It must of taking me 2 hours the day before to order it ,checking it and changing it lol.

Happy new year.

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

1 hour ago, powerback said:

Hi DJ ,disaster ,too tired and unstable to go for a walk and jumping out of my skin sitting in all day,quite the mess .

Im definitely worse after taking the prozac ,so do I wait for months to stabilise ,i cant sustain this stress .

I have very bad hyperarousel .

Take care .

sorry to hear this, if I was you I would wait to stabilise rather than go back being stuck on venlafaxine which you are unable to taper, it may not take months to stabilise

take care

2001 - 2005 prozac,  2001 - 2017 various benzos, mainly diazapem and zanex,  2002 - 2017 olanzapine or seroquel,  2002 -2017 propanolol, 2005 - 2009 venlafaxine 75mg , forced to go cold turkey off venlafaxine as moved Thailand, doctor cut me off and couldn't get it there, severely ill for over 2 years, countered withdrawals with more zanex and seroquel

2014 returned to UK, mainly to get treatment getting off meds

doctor advised to taper seroquel over a few weeks, severely ill and bed bed-bound so reinstated it, 2015 tapered seroquel myself slower over a few months, was off it 2 months and was too ill so went on olanzapine, became zombie and too tired to get out of bed, went back on seroquel, very depressed so went back on venlafaxine, didnt work  so doctor swapped to zoloft became very agitated so back on venlafaxine

June 2016 - felt strong enough to begin tapering again, started what I thought was a slow taper of all meds,  2016 July Not had any alcoholic drink since this date, 

2016 October completely off diazepem, 2017 Feb completely off seroquel, 2017 March completely off proponanlol, 2017 April (day before birthday) completely off venlafaxine, OFF ALL MEDS 11/4/2017, was fine for nearly 3 months and then delayed withdrawal hit,

supplements taking: turmeric capsules, NiaCel (nicotinamide riboside), Vit B12 sublingual, Vit B3, Vit B6, Vit B1, apple cider vinegar, manuka umf 10 honey, camu camu powder,  melatonin when needed, epsom salt baths, juices, smoothies, 

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15175-dj2010-off-all-meds-for-3-months-and-been-fine-now-bad-insomnia/

• Administrator

Can you take a chip of an Effexor tablet?

Just now, Altostrata said:

Can you take a chip of an Effexor tablet?

ide say so ,get a pill cutter I suppose ,its hard to know what is causing the emotional upheaval .I'm frazzled .the brain zaps and flushing only lasted 2 days ,so maybe this is all the Prozac causing it .Prozac reduction maybe .serious mental ackethesea by looks of it .

Thanks alto .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• Administrator

You can use a knife -- just a little chip off the tablet. It's a one-time experiment.

2 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

You can use a knife -- just a little chip off the tablet. It's a one-time experiment.

ok alto ,ile go half a tab,aprox  6mg

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• Administrator

No, a little chip, maybe 1mg.

1 minute ago, Altostrata said:

No, a little chip, maybe 1mg.

ok sound  cheers Alto .

Had an emotional spiral for last hour and listening to music I was nearly releasing tears but my system kicked in and stopped the flow of crying ,

my whole throat seized/thyroid  got very sore ,this is a new one ,I welcome the release but something is stopping the  flow .interesting .one symthom I'm not worried about . 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

@powerback thinking about you—looks like you’re going through a rough patch.  It also looks like you’re versed in this WD stuff and the waves. I have no doubt you will get through this one too. I read one page of your posts and thought, “this guy is tough!”  Sending good thoughts your way and prayers for a moment of peace for you today. 

Sheera

Started Lamictal and Brintellix in November 2015

May 2016 Discontinued Lamictal 100 to 50 and then stopped completely.

October 20, 2016 discontinued Brintellex 10 to 5 then went from 5 to 0 on November 10, 2016.

Currently off all antidepressants

Current Supplements:  L-Theanine, Natural Progesterone, L-Methylfolate, Vitamin D, Omega-3's, Probiotic

4 hours ago, Sheera said:

I read one page of your posts and thought,

Thanks Sheera for your visit.

sometimes I wonder am I masochist torturing  myself .I don't like this journey one bit but doing things the hard way seems to be my MO to be honest .looking back over  the last 2 years I'm quite embarrassed but at the end of the day when we get out the other side we need to  be there to pull others up and help .

Take care.

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• Moderator Emeritus

I suggest you find a small plastic bag (do you have zip lock bags or a freezer bag?), and cut the mini tablet in the opening of the bag to reduce the chance of pieces flying when cutting.

PB how are you doing with the bridging of Prozac and the Effexor? I  stopped Effexor years  some years ago, no bridging with Prozac  and had terrible withdrawal, panic attacks and reinstatement always worked. But  it's one of the trickiest drugs  to come off. the trickiest is paxil.

My thoughts are with you.

miko

2011 protracted withdrawal symptoms from Effexor, managed to come off
2013-2015  risperidone consta 50 mg, started tapering from March 2015 to 1,66mg/day and from 02/2015 started seroxat 10mg/day

01/17 Seroxat 2,0mg,olanzapine 5mg,risperidone consta 25mg/every 15days

05/17 Seroxat 1mg,olanzapine 5mg,risp.consta 25mg/every 15days

06/17 Seroxat 2drops,olanzapine 5mg,liquid risperidone2mg

07/17 Seroxat 1 drop,olanzapine 5mg,Risperidone 0mg, 10/17 Seroxat 0mg,olanzapine,5mg,Risperidone 0mg, 12/17 Seroxat 1/2 drop, olanzapine 5mg,  04/18 Olanzapine 1,25mg, 04/18 xanax 0,5mg

24/06/2019 doc said to take 10mg olanzapine for 13days and down to 5mg
 been taking 10mg for 14 days, 5mg for 8 days  and  tapered to  3/4quart. 5mg  for 14 days, 1/2 for 14 days,

01/08/19 2,5mg

08/2021 5mg olanzapine

Supplements Omega 3, Turmeric, Bacopa monneri, Mucuna Pruriens

@powerback you really are a trooper saying that you will help others. That’s definitely what keeps me going most of the time. You will be a testiment to courage when this is over. 

Take care—Sheera

Started Lamictal and Brintellix in November 2015

May 2016 Discontinued Lamictal 100 to 50 and then stopped completely.

October 20, 2016 discontinued Brintellex 10 to 5 then went from 5 to 0 on November 10, 2016.

Currently off all antidepressants

Current Supplements:  L-Theanine, Natural Progesterone, L-Methylfolate, Vitamin D, Omega-3's, Probiotic

• Administrator

powerback, how are you?

9 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

powerback, how are you?

Hi Alto mmmmm not great ,extreme anxiety .yesterday was a nightmare got little sleep so blew the day out for me[good sleep last night] ,

Mood a little better this evening .

Calmed myself down from a pretty extreme state last night .

My temperament was horrible yesterday ,I had my uncle help me with hanging  doors and I was like a dog ,I feel terrible being like that ,I'm super conscious  of being this way and I've a weird hatred of my own personality when like this .when im this bad I want to be on an island and not upset anyone .

still early days I suppose with the switch I suppose .

At the moment my negative traits are smothering my good nice traits .

Cheers alto .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.