Milkywhite: stopping benzo, trazodone tapering

Milkywhite

ive been on 2mg for 10 years for REM state disorder, and panic attacks , migranes, ive never had to increase dose and its working for me I feel normal, I'm concerned about the long term effects, I'm 62 yrs old, my dr says don't worry about it, because you are using it responsibly you should be on it the rest of your life, its better than what you were going through, I never knew the about benzos until I googled it a while back and it scared me, any thoughts, comments or feedback would be appreciated, still trying to find out what is best for me...ty

Edited by manymoretodays
  • ChessieCat changed the title to candyman: stopping benzo
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi Milkywhite and welcome to SA,

We ask all members to create a drug signature.  Please use the following format:

A request: Would you summarize your history in a signature - ALL drugs, doses, dates, and discontinuations & reinstatements, in the last 12-24 months particularly?

• Please leave out symptoms and diagnoses.
  • A list is easier to understand than one or multiple paragraphs. 
  • Any drugs prior to 24 months ago can just be listed with start and stop years.
  • Please use actual dates or approximate dates (mid-June, Late October) rather than relative time frames (last week, 3 months ago)
  • Spell out months, e.g. "October" or "Oct."; 9/1/2016 can be interpreted as Jan. 9, 2016 or Sept. 1, 2016.
  • Link to Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature.

This is your own Introduction topic where you can ask questions and journal your progress.

Edited by ChessieCat

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

ok ty, I guess I'm a little slow and do not understand how to post in this forum or group, although I find a lot of helpful and great information about tapering and the dangers of long term use of benzos, just cant grasp how to converse here...but please do not eliminate me, I will browse and learn as much as I can

• ChessieCat changed the title to Milkywhite: stopping benzo
  • 3 years later...
  • manymoretodays changed the title to Milkywhite: stopping benzo, trazodone tapering
  • Moderator Emeritus

Welcome back Milkywhite, @Milkywhite

I've got you merged back to your original Introduction, and added trazodone tapering to your title.

Here are the instructions for creating a signature, which I strongly encourage you to try to do as soon as you can. 

Very hard to help, if we don't know what you are taking, and how you are doing overall.

Many thanks for the effort!

Just click the arrow ^ at the top right, to read the how to, and what we like to see

8 hours ago, Milkywhite said:

anyone use water taper method for trazodone tablets?

Have you seen this topic yet?

Tips for tapering off trazodone(Desyrel)

^ is a link, so just click on the underlined passage to go there

It does appear that trazodone is not real soluble in water, yet that does not preclude making a water suspension of it, as you'll see when you read through the topic.  You could also post there too, if you'd like to.  You'll also see that trazodone interacts with a ton of other drugs.  So again, wondering just what you are presently taking.  If you can't put it into a signature, then please note recent drugs in a reply right here.  Use the guidelines in the signature link to do that.  Thank you.

Good to see you back.  I'm wondering if you got off your unspecified benzo, and then how you are doing as well.

So please update here.

Best, L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

On 8/22/2021 at 8:14 AM, Milkywhite said:

anyone use water taper method for trazodone tablets?

takin 1mg Clnzpm since 3-1-20 4mg prazosin start 12-1-20 4mg melatoin 4-1-20 Trazodone 75mg 5-1-21 seroquel25-50 as needed since 7-1-21. I have a rem state sleep disorder nightmares, 2mg clonazepam worked very well for 15 yrs, then the VA wanted me to come off last year, I tried and failed miserably, now I have a dr outside the VA who is willing to help me get back to 2mg clonz and taper the rest of the drugs. prior to finding him 3 weeks ago I had another dr trying to help me with the meds I have listed. dr wants me to taper off everything before he increases the clonz anymore