This2shallpass: since 2016 ...

This2shallpass

• Administrator
On 7/17/2023 at 3:01 PM, This2shallpass said:

Thank you @Altostrata. I know this is most likely due to the alcohol which screwed me up again, I’m experiencing windows for a few days then get hit with panic again- which I think is a good sign. I’m concerned I’m in tolerance withdrawal. Is there such a thing with Prozac? 

On 7/21/2023 at 12:15 PM, This2shallpass said:

@Altostrata the burning skin I feel with panic- is this akathisia? I feel so much energy in my body. I’m so scared. 

Because of the alcohol, we cannot interpret these symptoms. They may be due to the alcohol further upsetting your system.

Suggest you wait a week or so to let your nervous system settle down. No alcohol, of course. Please let us know how you're doing. 

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Thank you @Altostrata. It’s been 3 weeks since it started. I’m so upset. I appreciate your response.

does tolerance withdrawal typically have windows and waves? 

2010- Celexa 20 mg

2012-lexapro 20mg 

2015- lexapro 30mg

October 2016- tried a too fast taper of lexapro and completely crashed. I reinstated 10mg after 3 months and it worked.

December 2016- started to wean off lexapro with liquid and got off in April of 2018 

got pregnant in June of 2018 and remained off lexapro no withdrawal symptoms.

february 2019- right after I gave birth I started having withdrawal symptoms 

March 2019- reinstated 10mg lexapro, it made me very sick

May 2019- did a successful Prozac bridge and immediately felt better.

currently stabilized on 20mg Prozac 

• Administrator
On 7/25/2023 at 5:01 PM, This2shallpass said:

does tolerance withdrawal typically have windows and waves? 

No.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Do you think I have kindled myself from the alcohol? Should I drop my Prozac dose? I’m not sure if it’s too stimulating for me now. 

2010- Celexa 20 mg

2012-lexapro 20mg 

2015- lexapro 30mg

October 2016- tried a too fast taper of lexapro and completely crashed. I reinstated 10mg after 3 months and it worked.

December 2016- started to wean off lexapro with liquid and got off in April of 2018 

• Administrator

The alcohol has made your symptom pattern more complicated.

What makes you think you're reacting to your current Prozac dose?

I’m honestly not sure. I definitely have destabilized my nervous system somehow, but If I kindled myself I’m concerned the prozac will never stabilize me. 

2010- Celexa 20 mg

2012-lexapro 20mg 

2015- lexapro 30mg

Although I did take my Prozac dose yesterday and I immediately had a window and felt normal for the entire evening. 

2010- Celexa 20 mg

2012-lexapro 20mg 

2015- lexapro 30mg

• Administrator

Don't drink alcohol.

It’s been 4 weeks I’m still not doing well, but I did have a window of 4 days this past weekend. Last night was bad, I had this intense fear of going insane and just ruminating thoughts. I’m so nervous I will never stabilize again and my body is too sensitive for the Prozac. I don’t know what to do.

the weird thing is is that I was drinking alcohol for awhile thinking I was healed, I may have overdid it I don’t know what else it could be. 

2010- Celexa 20 mg

2012-lexapro 20mg 

2015- lexapro 30mg

Also my tounge seems to me moving involuntarily inside my mouth. I’m at a loss please give me advice I don’t know if I should get off Prozac. 

2010- Celexa 20 mg

2012-lexapro 20mg 

2015- lexapro 30mg

I also cannot figure out if I have akathisia. I have a very uncomfortable feeling in my skin like I want to crawl out of my skin and the burning sensation when that happens. Would this be considered akathisia? 

2010- Celexa 20 mg

2012-lexapro 20mg 

2015- lexapro 30mg

I also feel exactly the same way as when I reinstated lexapro. I’m sorry I’m posting so much I’m just petrified. 

2010- Celexa 20 mg

2012-lexapro 20mg 

2015- lexapro 30mg

• Administrator
On 7/6/2023 at 6:59 AM, This2shallpass said:

Hi everyone I hope all is well. I have been on Prozac since 2019 since Tuesday I have been in a horrible place. It feels like I have withdrawal again, burning skin can’t eat, panic. Can you go into tolerance withdrawal on antidepressants? I’m so nervous. 

On 7/8/2023 at 9:24 AM, This2shallpass said:

The only thing that changed was that I drank alcohol. Could that temporarily destabilize my nervous system? 

On 7/10/2023 at 10:17 AM, Altostrata said:

Yes, alcohol is a notorious destabilizer. Your reaction probably will settle down in a couple of weeks.

I would not taper while you have any odd symptoms.

See Tips for tapering off fluoxetine (Prozac)

On 7/29/2023 at 5:58 AM, This2shallpass said:

Although I did take my Prozac dose yesterday and I immediately had a window and felt normal for the entire evening. 

On 8/2/2023 at 10:00 AM, This2shallpass said:

It’s been 4 weeks I’m still not doing well, but I did have a window of 4 days this past weekend.

the weird thing is is that I was drinking alcohol for awhile thinking I was healed, I may have overdid it I don’t know what else it could be. 

Now you know why we tell you not to drink alcohol. Sounds like you've been doing it for some time.

In your past, did you drink frequently or quite a lot?

It may take a while for you to stabilize again.

What do you mean by tongue movements?

I know. It was not worth it. No I didn’t drink a lot, I didn’t drink for a few years while I tapered Lexapro and gave birth. Before then I would drink socially. I definitely over did it but I honestly thought I was healed but I obviously was very sensitive. 

my tongue is twitching in my mouth involuntarily. 

If I have akathisia (feel like adrenaline rushes in my body and burning skin and spinal cord) should I be treated? Also, do you think the Prozac is making things worse? 

im so mad at myself I was planning to start tapering. :( 

2010- Celexa 20 mg

2012-lexapro 20mg 

2015- lexapro 30mg

• Administrator
On 8/7/2023 at 12:38 PM, This2shallpass said:

my tongue is twitching in my mouth involuntarily. 

How often does this happen? When did it start? Does it occur at any particular times of day?

On 8/7/2023 at 12:38 PM, This2shallpass said:

If I have akathisia (feel like adrenaline rushes in my body and burning skin and spinal cord) should I be treated?

How often does this happen? When did it start? Does it occur at any particular times of day?

The twitches seem to have subsided slightly.

the akathisia is mostly everyday some days milder then others but it is very very random. It does not occur at a specific time of day but I mostly feel it when I’m trying to sleep or my body is still. 

2010- Celexa 20 mg

2012-lexapro 20mg 

2015- lexapro 30mg

• Administrator

When did both of these symptoms start?

The akathisia feeling started the evening of July 3rd. 

the tongue movements started 3 weeks later. 

2010- Celexa 20 mg

2012-lexapro 20mg 

2015- lexapro 30mg

I just have no idea what to do. I don’t know what’s causing it I was stable for 3 years. I just don’t know if it’s tolerance or not and I don’t know how to even tell. 

again- I drank heavily on the weekends for the past few months but I just find it so hard to believe it’s that if I was asymptomatic for so long. 

2010- Celexa 20 mg

2012-lexapro 20mg 

2015- lexapro 30mg

• Administrator
3 hours ago, This2shallpass said:

again- I drank heavily on the weekends for the past few months but I just find it so hard to believe it’s that if I was asymptomatic for so long. 

Perhaps you should believe that you could destabilize your nervous system with alcohol.

How has your symptom pattern changed since August 1?

I have bad days and better days nothing has really changed. I would say the burning skin has subsided slightly but it’s still there some days. 

last night I had a new symptom of very itchy skin. 

2010- Celexa 20 mg

2012-lexapro 20mg 

2015- lexapro 30mg

Do you think the Prozac will work and I will stabilize again or should I start coming off of it? I’m really worried. 

2010- Celexa 20 mg

2012-lexapro 20mg 

2015- lexapro 30mg

• Administrator

I think you messed yourself up with drinking alcohol and you'll have to be patient while your nervous system settles down.

Many people find fish oil and magnesium supplements helpful, see

https://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/36-king-of-supplements-omega-3-fatty-acids-fish-oil/

https://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15483-magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker/

You might try a little bit of one at a time to see how it affects you. Please let us know how you’re doing.

Thank you very much for your response. Do you think I will stabilize again? 

2010- Celexa 20 mg

2012-lexapro 20mg 

2015- lexapro 30mg

@Altostrata do you think I should increase my Prozac slightly? 

2010- Celexa 20 mg

2012-lexapro 20mg 

2015- lexapro 30mg

• Administrator
On 8/13/2023 at 9:54 PM, Altostrata said:

I think you messed yourself up with drinking alcohol and you'll have to be patient while your nervous system settles down.

You're not going to be able to fix this by increasing Prozac.

@Altostrata thank you. I’m now having involuntary excessive blinking is this part of the destabilization? Or do you think it’s my Prozac? 

2010- Celexa 20 mg

2012-lexapro 20mg 

2015- lexapro 30mg

@Altostrata I’m sorry, I just want your opinion on if I should start tapering the lexapro as I think I have kindled myself. 

2010- Celexa 20 mg

2012-lexapro 20mg 

2015- lexapro 30mg

Sorry meant Prozac not lexapro. 

2010- Celexa 20 mg

2012-lexapro 20mg 

2015- lexapro 30mg

• Administrator

Please explain more about the blinking.

@Altostrata My blinking just feels much more rapid and like I have to blink way more then normal. 

2010- Celexa 20 mg

2012-lexapro 20mg 

2015- lexapro 30mg

@Altostrata do you have an opinion on if I should start tapering my Prozac or not? I’m concerned it’s making me worse because of the kindling reaction from alcohol. 

2010- Celexa 20 mg

2012-lexapro 20mg 

2015- lexapro 30mg

I will say after I take my Prozac at 2pm I do feel a little better but I get nauseous and the symptoms ramp up again. I’ve been in a really bad wave for 4 days. @Altostrata I’m sorry I just want to know if I’m kindled from alcohol should I start tapering the Prozac? Do you think my body is reacting badly to it now? 

2010- Celexa 20 mg

2012-lexapro 20mg 

2015- lexapro 30mg

I also feel like I’m being poisoned similar to how I felt reinstating lexapro which is concerning me thinking the Prozac is causing this.

I’m having the longest wave of 4 days so far. 

Please let me know your opinion thank you so much. 

2010- Celexa 20 mg

2012-lexapro 20mg 

2015- lexapro 30mg

• Administrator

This is my opinion:

It’s going to be 8 weeks since this setback. I’m still struggling but most of my physical symptoms are less intense or gone but the mental ones are still here- have bad intrusive thoughts and pretty bad depersonalization that comes and goes. How long do these setbacks usually last and did I completely mess up all the healing I did for 4 years? I’m truly devastated. 

2010- Celexa 20 mg

2012-lexapro 20mg 

2015- lexapro 30mg