vaseadude: Anyone went through Risperdal (Risperidone) withdrawal?

vaseadude

• Administrator

If you're sitting a lot at the computer, you may be aggravating joint pains. Try to move about and get circulation into your legs, arms, etc.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vaseadude

• GiaK

• tezza

• Altostrata

Top Posters In This Topic

Gosh, sorry I did not reply sooner. I never got an email notification, or I might have missed it idk...

Tezza, I think it was from doing an exercise in qigong incorrectly, it involved a torso turning, and practitioners see this all the time. If I had only recognized that as a cause at first, I could have avoided this. But silly me, I tend to blame everything on WD. I hate this drugs a lot!

Alto, yes, moving is good, i know.. I don't sit too much at the computer because I start not feeling good after a while. 1 hour a day, thats it! I don't see much that I can do to keep moving except I am doing some gentle exercises with my hands for 20 min each day. If you have any other tips, please share.

I hope you can give me a little encouragement.. :rolleyes: I am looking at my whole taper starting last April, and I feel that my health is not getting better. Seems like I've become weaker, having less energy, and more issues, like not tolerating much PC, TV, or social encounters. Sad to say this, but a year ago before starting the taper, I was more functional. A lot of questions appear, like "am I supposed to feel worse, as my body uses more energy to adjust to the tapers?" and "WIll it get better as I go? or only after fully off drugs?" I am a little lost and need directions...

love and respect!

2008 - started taking Risperidone.

In 2014 tried to taper it, taperred it to 1mg during several months then abruptly stopped, ended up in the hospital. 

2014-2015  -  been off meds 3 times, all 3 times ended in the hospital and was put back on them.

13 Jun 2016 - went  from 2 mg Risperidone to 1.5mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Vasea,

Withdrawal makes most of us feel bad. I don't know if it makes people feel weaker but it does cause lack of motivation in a lot of people. That tends to come with being depressed though.

I felt much better before I started coming off the meds too. Hopefully, we will feel better after we are off and recovered from withdrawal.

I'm sorry you're not feeling good. I hope things lighten up for you soon.

• Administrator

vaseadude, perhaps you should hold on tapering for a bit.

If you wear dark glasses and go out at dusk when it's getting a bit dark, can you do some walking?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Alto, my leg is in cast. I can only move around on crutches. I can only go as far as outside my apt building and just sit on the bench a little.

In 2014 tried to taper it, taperred it to 1mg during several months then abruptly stopped, ended up in the hospital. 

2014-2015  -  been off meds 3 times, all 3 times ended in the hospital and was put back on them.

• Administrator

Oh! Sorry, I didn't realize that. Well, you can do only what you can do. When does the cast come off?

• Moderator Emeritus

Sometimes I feel like I can be my own cheerleader... perhaps it will work for you too!!! From February 10th ... here's a post that you wrote just over a month ago!!

Heyyy Tezza! :)

Thanks for checking in!

I am doing pretty good. My moods are OK. Its been over three weeks already, and it seems like this taper is going rather well. I haven't been hanging out on the forum for a while because I try to limit my time at the computer, I have a big screen and it causes me headache if I stay too long.

I am running a few times a week and try to walk every day, it helps circulate blood and fluids better.. but my motivation to do it is the good mood that it gives me after a workout as the endorphins kick in.

I still dont go very far from home, but at least I feel more comfortable exploring my neighborhood, my anxiety is less.

As far as my diet changes go, trying to learn to cook good foods little by little, today I am making bone broth for the first time, the pot is boiling right at this moment :D.

And how have are you, my friend? :rolleyes:

What a hopeful POST!!!!!! Look at that!!!!

I put in italics something of note... I have known several people who exercised regularly, experienced an injury that kept them from their routine and they got the blues, even depressed from it. Remember , endorphins are a "drug" as well and powerful too!!! That could be part of bumming you out.

How about good, movies that make you laugh? I have found that one of the things I missed the most was having a good, hearty belly laugh. I laughed for the first time in YEARS a few weeks ago and I was AMAZED at how GOOD it made me feel!!!!

Hang in there!!!

RU

Fall 1995 xanax, zoloft. switched to Serzone

1996- spring 2003serzone/ xanax/ lightbox.

b]Fall 2003- Fall 2004? Lexapro 10 mg. Light box /4 mg. xanax.[/b]

2004 - Fall of 2009 10 mg Lex, 150 mg Wellbutrin XL % 4 mg xanax

November 2009- Sept. 2011 10 mg lex., 300 Well. XL, 4 mg Xanax [/b

Sept.2012- July 2012 20 mg Lex 300 Well. XL, 4 mg Xanax

My mantra " go slow & with the flow "

3/2/13.. Began equal dosing 5 Xs /day xanax, while simultaneously incorporating a 2.5 % drop ( from 3.5 mg/day to 3.4 mg/day)

4/6/13 dropped from 300 mg. Wellbutrin XL to 150 mg. Difficult but DONE! Down to 3.3 mg xanax/ day / 6/10/13 3 mg xanax/day; 7/15/2013 2.88mg xanax/day.

10/ 1/2013...... 2.5 mg xanax… ( switched to tablets again) WOO HOO!!!!!! Holding here… cont. with Lexapro.

1/ 2/2014.. tapered to 18mg ( by weight) of a 26 mg ( by weight) pill of 20 mg tab. lexapro. goal is 13mg (by weight OR 10 mg by ingredient content) and STOPPED. Feeling very down with unbalanced, unpredictable WD symptoms.

1/2/2014- ??? Taking a brain-healing break from tapering anything after actively tapering something for 1.5 years. So… daily doses as of 2/2/2014: 18 mg by weight Lex, 150 mg Well. XL, 2.5 mg xanax, down from 26 mg by weight Lex., 300 mg well. XL, 4 mg xanax in August, 2012. I'll take it. :) 5/8/14 started equivalent dose liquid./ tabs. 5/13/14 1.5 % cut.

I don't understand why I don't get notifications in the mail. Do I have to do something about it? Or is it from the site end?

THanks a lot for your posts! It really was a joyful message)) I Agree.

THese couple of days my energy went up. and I spent more time at the computer. It's not a clear energy though, it's very 'anxious' energy, I don't know how to explain.

I've also decided to not eat grains for a month (except rice), and add more raw foods.

2Tezza: I don't know if I tolerate B vitamins, I haven't tried them.

Peace!

Hi folks!

A week ago I've decided that I am sick and tired of being sick and tired all the time), and I've decided to make some changes into my diet. I stopped eating white flower and gluten containing grains, and started to make myself a fresh green smoothie in the morning. I was blending stinging nettles with other greens. Also introduced more raw vegetables and fruits into my diet. Also ate some ramson in my salads.

Three days after I've started I I had one of the best bowels ever! And the next days I observed a number of changes. I observed that I did not have that 'feverish' feeling in the evening, and my thinking become somewhat clearer and less foggy. Then a few days later, wich is yesterday (day 7), I woke up 4 hours earlier, but feeling energized. Even though I felt energized in the morning, my energy fluctuated during the day, and in the evening I felt so fatigued that I had to lie dow forceless for 30 min. Then that night I woke up and had terrible diarrhea. Last couple of nights also had weird dreams, but with a kind of positive ending. Waking up, still feel a little toxic today. I think I might have gotten food poisoning from the bought sauerkraut that I ate in the evening, but who knows. Maybe it's the changes altogether...?

Could introducing healthier foods and cleansing green smoothies somehow interfere with the action of my drug?

• Administrator

It could definitely help by reducing a stressor for your nervous system and supplying good nutrients.

To get e-mail notifications, go to your Settings and make sure you have e-mail notifications checked off. Click the big blue "Watch Topic" button at the top right to get mail about this topic.

I've got some bad news to share... A week after introducing green smoothies and some raw vegetables into my diet, I began feeling really sick. I though I had food poisoning or something, but it turned out not to be. Yesterday I felt so sick that I had to call the ambulance. They told me it is probably pancreatitis, and I scheduled an appointment for a gastroenterologist on Monday.

I've had digestive problems for a while now, feeling a little intoxicated almost all the time, and I think that could have been the problem. I thought eating more veggies would make it feel better, but I guess it only made things worse.

Today I feel better. I've been eating croutons only for two days.

It's really sad, but I guess it is a standard prediction of taking antipsychotics for a long time - digestive problems...

Thank you Tezza! I sure hope so..

This thursday the cast is supposed to come of. Patiently waiting...

Hugs back!!! ;) How are you doing btw?

30 min ago it started... I have tremors, my body is shaking... dry mouth...

had the same terrible effect yesterday around the same time... and it lasted for several hours... felt reallyy bad...

I dont know what to do.. should I take a benzo? could that help?

Please help!!!

Please see my journal thread.

GUYS!! pleeeaaase help me... I have withdrawal effects and dunno what toi do...

ive posted here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4033-urgent-please-help-have-withdrawal-effects/

Feel a little easier now... GOsh, I think those cleansing green smoothies cleaned me up and messed up with my meds in my system... I've never had such bad withdrawal effects before, and I am not prepared... What should one do in this case?

I'm just writing because I know you need to feel like someone is out there, not because I have a clue. I think you need to be sure you are well-hydrated and have enough salt in your system, and the rest you may have to wait out. It sounds like your adrenergic system is having a hay day. Hopefully someone knowledgeable will be along soon! I surely feel for you. Meimeiquest

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Zyprexa started about 9/06, mostly 5mg. Tapered 4/12 through12/29/12

Wellbutrin. XL 300 mg started 1/07, tapered 1/18/13 through 7/8/13

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

7.4.14 Started Walsh Protocol

56 years old

I feel anxious and have a burning like headache...

Ive also eaten just croutons for the past few days... I thought I was intoxicated.. (just for your information). I think that actually cleansed my system of drugs too... I think that was a bad idea now. I think I will start eating some mashed potatoes now.

• Administrator

vasea, if you have a benzo to take occasionally, I would take it under these circumstances.

I merged your post here so all replies would be in one place.

Alto, thanks so much!!!

I still experience mild anxiety, have a burning sensation in my head, and sometimes get chills. My eyes are cloudy a little and also coughing at times.

What is a general thumb rule for taking the pill aid (benzo), when you think you can't tolerate it anymore, yeah? Or earlier? And is it a good idea to take it for several days at the same time? or just when I have symptoms?

Thanks!

• Administrator

Just when you have symptoms, and as low a dose as possible.

Try not to take a benzo more than once every few days.

It sounds like your new diet might have knocked something off balance. It's best to ease into these things.

'Ease in' do you mean that I should introduce food slowly? If I havent really eaten for 3 days? Introduce like a serving of rice, or mashed potatoes? And slowly introduce more foods? Also I began taking enzymes for digestion two days ago. Do you think its a good idea continuing them?

THanks alto! I really appreciate your help.

• Administrator

No, I meant ease into a radical dietary change, don't make changes all at once. Some people have dramatic reactions to dietary enzymes. Always try these things with caution.

If you've always found rice or mashed potatoes to be your comfort food, I'd eat that. Your system, historically, has liked it.

The anxiety transformed into some kind of depression.. I am slow, thoughtful. Headache still is present. I took my med and hope I will be able to sleep.

I have a question - Is the benzo good only for anxiety like symptoms or for depression like symptoms as well? It seems I'm on a roller coaster...

My parents are looking suspicious at my states. I am afraid they don't call the docs. I really don't want to end in the ward again... I hope I can get through this... and I need your help.

• Administrator

The benzos are calming or, as some would say, anesthetizing. A side effect can be "depression."

It sounds like your system needs to settle down from that nutrient adventure.

You may wish to put up a positive front to your parents so they are not alarmed by your waves and windows.

• Moderator Emeritus

Vasea,

I'm so sorry I wasn't here earlier when you were stressing! My iPad had to be charged shortly after I got on this morning and I missed your posting.

I went through some awful depression and anxiety for several months in WD. I can certainly sympathize with you in that state. Be very gentle with yourself during this trying time.

Try to remember that it will pass and you will feel better again! My heart breaks for you!

Love,

Tezza

I slept for only a couple of hours today. I've been just lying trying to sleep the rest. In the morning I feel more calm, almost like tranquil.

Alto, what exactly do you mean by showing a positive front? An example maybe? (my English vocabulary for expressions is not that rich)

Tezza, thanks for being so full of love!

I am also suspecting all these effects to be caused by switching to a new bottle. I started getting worse exactly after I switched. Once I had also bad effects from that batch of bottles. Will try a one with a different serial today.

Today I feel OK emotionally, no anxiety. But I am really fatigued. Been lying in bed all day. I can barely go to the bathroom.

Are the things that I am feeling typical withdrawal? Do a lot of people go through this? Does it get better? I feel scared of not getting worse and not knowing what to do about it... I guess I need some courage and hope.. and of course some livelyness and balance ultimately.

Love to all!

I felt nearly none energy today, but I couldnt sleep at all. Last night I slept just about 3 hours.. I am afraid I might not sleep again tonight, and that could destabilize my system further... man im feeling terrible..

Is there anything I could do to combat this fatigue and get a good sleep?

To Tezza : please check your mailbox

Ive also had fever today 37.4. These last days I think i had the same fever

I think its sunday and I am just monologuing :(...

Latest news: I've had fever today 37.5 and felt really fatigued, with a sedation feeling and headache in the front side of the head. I have such a derealization feeling like my head is in heat. ALso my whole skin seems like its full of dirt... In the evening began having hyperventilation and dry mouth... Man, im such a wreck I don't know what to do...

Should I keep enduring this? Or should I do something about all this? What is the red flag cues and what are the options? Ive never had this serious side effects before...

Please heeelp me!

• Moderator Emeritus

Vasea,

I replied to your PM but if you are physically ill, you may actually need to go to the doctor or hospital. There could be something going on physically that needs medical attention, especially with a fever!

If you decide to go to the hospital to be checked physically (which it sounds like you probably should), just be aware of whatever treatment they may try to give you.

Please let me know how you are doing! I will say a prayer!

Tezza

Tezza, thank you... you are a breath of air... I think it is a good idea...

So I guess having fever for several days probably is not a WD effect? I mean do others go through fever for several days as a WD effect?