SolarPlexus: Tips for going off Cipralex/Lexapro?

SolarPlexus

Dear @Gridley I hope you are well. A belated happy new year! I am trying to advise someone who wants to come off 10mg of Lexapro and is getting no support from their shrink. I looked back on the notes you sent me, tapering by 10% every week of the last dosage you took, etc. But then eventually it comes down to dosages as specific as 1.2157665459 mg! How is the person in question supposed to obtain such quantities? I'd be grateful for your kind feedback. Thank you so much!

Summer 2016 - summer 2018: put on Lexapro, going from 5 mg up to 20 mg over the span of the 2 years (had visited shrink for help with obsessive thinking, was not diagnosed with anything in particular, just prescribed Lexapro 15 mins into first session)

Summer 2018: tapered down by 2.5 mg every few weeks

Protracted withdrawal ever since. 0-14 months began with a massive panic attack that landed me in ER, followed by prolonged anxiety, mental fog and a skin rash on my back. Was regularly consuming alcohol as did not know I was in WD. From then onwards, hit with worse myriad symptoms. Currently at 22 months and have electromagnetic sensitivity, brain zaps, brain fog, memory problems (especially name recall), twitch in right eyebrow, daily waking up at 3 or 4 a.m. with fast heartbeats and "sticky" negative memories, suicidal thoughts, rage episodes, temperature dysregulation, physical numbness & weakness, libido loss.   

• 4 months later...

@SolarPlexus

Hello,

Fellow escitalopram PAWS-er here, reading through your thread. 

How are you doing these days?

Best wishes for healing,

A.

1996-2018 - misc. polypharmacy, incl. SSRIs, SNRIs, neuroleptics, lithium, benzos, stimulants, antihistamines, etc. (approx. 30+ drugs)

2012-2018 - 10mg lexapro/escitalopram (20mg?)    Jan. 2018 - 10mg -> 5mg, then from 5mg -> 2.5mg, then 0mg  -->  July 2018 - 0mg

2017(?)-2020 - vyvanse/lisdexamfetamine 60-70mg    2020-2021 - 70mg down to 0mg  -->  July 2021 - 0mg

March-April 2021 - vortioxetine 5-10mg (approx. 7 weeks total; CT)  -->  April 28th, 2021 - 0mg

August 2021 - 2mg melatonin   August 1, 2022 - 1mg melatonin   March 31, 2023 - 0mg melatonin

2024 supplements update: electrolyte blend in water sipped throughout the day; 1 tsp fish oil blend w/ morning meal (incl. vit. A+D+E); calcium; vitamin C+zinc

Courage is fear that has said its prayers.  - Karle Wilson Baker

love and justice are not two. without inner change, there can be no outer change; without collective change, no change matters.  - Rev. angel Kyodo williams

Holding multiple truths. Knowing that everyone has their own accurate view of the way things are.  - text on homemade banner at Afiya house

I am not a medical professional; this is not medical advice. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @SolarPlexus

I see we're both on Alto's birthday committee ;-)

How are you going? 

1996-2018 - misc. polypharmacy, incl. SSRIs, SNRIs, neuroleptics, lithium, benzos, stimulants, antihistamines, etc. (approx. 30+ drugs)

2012-2018 - 10mg lexapro/escitalopram (20mg?)    Jan. 2018 - 10mg -> 5mg, then from 5mg -> 2.5mg, then 0mg  -->  July 2018 - 0mg

2017(?)-2020 - vyvanse/lisdexamfetamine 60-70mg    2020-2021 - 70mg down to 0mg  -->  July 2021 - 0mg

March-April 2021 - vortioxetine 5-10mg (approx. 7 weeks total; CT)  -->  April 28th, 2021 - 0mg

August 2021 - 2mg melatonin   August 1, 2022 - 1mg melatonin   March 31, 2023 - 0mg melatonin

2024 supplements update: electrolyte blend in water sipped throughout the day; 1 tsp fish oil blend w/ morning meal (incl. vit. A+D+E); calcium; vitamin C+zinc

love and justice are not two. without inner change, there can be no outer change; without collective change, no change matters.  - Rev. angel Kyodo williams

Holding multiple truths. Knowing that everyone has their own accurate view of the way things are.  - text on homemade banner at Afiya house

5 minutes ago, Ariel said:

Hi @SolarPlexus

I see we're both on Alto's birthday committee 😉

How are you going? 

Still ploughing through....awaiting the day of salvation. Some things improved baseline-wise but Covid at the end of last year hit my weak spot (nervous system) and so I am struggling with focus/memory, energy depletion, pain, weird skin problems that randomly appear, and other issues. And libido is non-existent still. I am patiently waiting and doing everything I can to stay positive and try to live as normal a life as humanly possible. I read a lot of literature to help me through. I feel like a hero. We are heroes. All shall be well. How are you doing?

Summer 2016 - summer 2018: put on Lexapro, going from 5 mg up to 20 mg over the span of the 2 years (had visited shrink for help with obsessive thinking, was not diagnosed with anything in particular, just prescribed Lexapro 15 mins into first session)

Protracted withdrawal ever since. 0-14 months began with a massive panic attack that landed me in ER, followed by prolonged anxiety, mental fog and a skin rash on my back. Was regularly consuming alcohol as did not know I was in WD. From then onwards, hit with worse myriad symptoms. Currently at 22 months and have electromagnetic sensitivity, brain zaps, brain fog, memory problems (especially name recall), twitch in right eyebrow, daily waking up at 3 or 4 a.m. with fast heartbeats and "sticky" negative memories, suicidal thoughts, rage episodes, temperature dysregulation, physical numbness & weakness, libido loss.   

@SolarPlexus

Great to hear your update!

I'm sorry that Covid recovery has complicated WD. 

4 minutes ago, SolarPlexus said:

I am patiently waiting and doing everything I can to stay positive and try to live as normal a life as humanly possible. I read a lot of literature to help me through. I feel like a hero. We are heroes. All shall be well.

Well done, patient hero! 

This will pass, you will get through this. You're getting through it every moment. 

Healing is happening all the time, even when we don't consciously feel it <3

• 3 months later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

How are you doing @SolarPlexus?  I've just been reading and appreciating your thread, and am hoping you're doing ok.

Healing wishes,

Arbor

Zoloft: 1995 - 2015

Prozac: 2015 - 2018 (tapered from 40mg x day on July 31 to 30mg on August 31 to 20mg on September 31 to 10mg October 31 to 0mg on  December 15, 2018

Gabapentin: 2016 to 2019  (tapered from 300mg x day to 150mg on August 31, 2019 to 75mg on September 15 to 50mg on September 31 to 25ishmg on October 15 to 0mg on December 1, 2019

Enalapril: 2010 - 2019

Lipitor: 2017 -2017

Metformin: 2000 - 2020

Liothyronine: 2007 - 2019

Levothyroxine: 2000 - 2022

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2022 at 8:01 PM, arbor said:

How are you doing @SolarPlexus?  I've just been reading and appreciating your thread, and am hoping you're doing ok.

Healing wishes,

Arbor

@arbor how kind of you 💜 Thank you for reaching out. I wish I could say I’m now healed but unfortunately am not. My baseline is better but I still have some strong symptoms and every time I take a supplement to fix one issue (such as iron and vitamin d deficiency), it triggers another symptom. My sleep is still crappy, libido negligible, muscle and nerve soreness constant, can’t exercise, anhedonia. I’ve been revisiting the success stories section for moral support the past days. Believe me when I’m healed I’m going to write one. And I’m going to write a book about Satanic Pharma and withdrawal. In moments of clarity I gather the research for it so that when I’m fully healed I can finish writing it. How about you? How are you doing? I hope you are well 🙏🏻

• Moderator Emeritus

It's so good to hear from you @SolarPlexus  I wish your symptoms were gone, but I think it's not unusual for you to still be having them for awhile longer.  My heart is with you.  I had a strong window but am now back to the challenging waves.  

On 10/27/2022 at 9:52 PM, SolarPlexus said:

I’m going to write a book about Satanic Pharma and withdrawal. In moments of clarity I gather the research for it so that when I’m fully healed I can finish writing it.

Yes! Yes!  The world needs to know what they and their medical institutions are doing.  It terrifies me to think of the harm being caused.

As you can, keep in touch.  Your journey means a lot to me.

Warm hugs,

Arbor

Zoloft: 1995 - 2015

Prozac: 2015 - 2018 (tapered from 40mg x day on July 31 to 30mg on August 31 to 20mg on September 31 to 10mg October 31 to 0mg on  December 15, 2018

Gabapentin: 2016 to 2019  (tapered from 300mg x day to 150mg on August 31, 2019 to 75mg on September 15 to 50mg on September 31 to 25ishmg on October 15 to 0mg on December 1, 2019

Enalapril: 2010 - 2019

Lipitor: 2017 -2017

Metformin: 2000 - 2020

Liothyronine: 2007 - 2019

Levothyroxine: 2000 - 2022

On 10/31/2022 at 12:14 AM, arbor said:

It's so good to hear from you @SolarPlexus  I wish your symptoms were gone, but I think it's not unusual for you to still be having them for awhile longer.  My heart is with you.  I had a strong window but am now back to the challenging waves.  

Yes! Yes!  The world needs to know what they and their medical institutions are doing.  It terrifies me to think of the harm being caused.

As you can, keep in touch.  Your journey means a lot to me.

Warm hugs,

Arbor

@arbor you are so kind! I am touched by your messages. I've e-met some really lovely people on this super helpful site! God bless you all! I wish my symptoms were gone too. I've been to so many doctors the past years for diagnoses it's a farce. Of course I very very rarely take anything they prescribe, but I mostly go to see what I have then try and heal it naturally if I can. How long are you into withdrawal now? I'm four years off. I didn't know I would be such a protracted case. At first I thought ah one year, maybe second year, maybe third, maybe fourth. Now I stopped counting. But I'm determined to write that book! So many Pharma execs are demons without a speck of doubt, among the most immoral people on the planet. Anyway I hope you get a lovely window soon and please feel free to reach out anytime if you need moral support. At least I can use a computer now. There was a time where I felt like a Vampire haha, I couldn't look at the light on the screen and had to quit my job and stay home for quite some time. Well I guess that's a good thing, the symptoms that have gone. May all the others go away too. Sending love and prayers for healing! :)

• 2 months later...

Hello! Happy new year. I am glad to hear some severe symptoms have gotten much better. I also struggle with no libido since cold Turkey a Lexapro in spring. Have you noticed any changes in that regard? Windows? Are other emotions also blunted? 

I do believe things work there selves out evben if takes a long time. I admire your strength and tenacity. 

Aug 2020 - Feb 2022 on and off Lexapro 5 and 10mg,  Rapid taper

Nov 2021 - May 2022 on off Wellbutrin 100mg, 150mg, 75mg CT clindamycin cycle and also Plan B bc 1x 

Fall 2020- June 2022 - Xanax .5 PRN usually 4x a week, CT 

June 2022 - Z pack, Buspar 7.5 3 days

September 20-24th - low tryptophan diet and 20-30g beef gelatin powder

Oct 3- 16 - Xanax .5 for sleep each pm, 1 mg Ativan in ER, .25 Xanax —> .125–>0 

Oct 14-17Trazadone 50/75, Lunesta 3mg 

Oct 24-  start Belsomra, 4 days to20mg 

Nov 3-5 10mg Belsomra and 300mg Gabapentin 

Oct 13-Dec 1 Buspar 7.5 2x/day rapid taper over 2 weeks due to ADR 

Recent: Belsomra 20mg since 10/23/2022 to 15mg mid December for 2 nights —> 20mg —> 15 mg since 12/22/2022 —>14 mg compounded 02/11/2023 —> 15 mg 2/13 —> 10mg 2/22 —> 5mg 3/1 —> 0mg 3/8/2023 

Current:  Propanolol 20mg AM, 10mg 4pm, 20mg PM since 11/30/2022

5 hours ago, ElaineBenes5 said:

Hello! Happy new year. I am glad to hear some severe symptoms have gotten much better. I also struggle with no libido since cold Turkey a Lexapro in spring. Have you noticed any changes in that regard? Windows? Are other emotions also blunted? 

I do believe things work there selves out evben if takes a long time. I admire your strength and tenacity. 

Hello there! Thanks for your message and kind words. Happy new year! Honestly not yet - still awaiting libido to return and other symptoms to go away. In recent months I took vitamin D (doctor said I have deficiency), collagen powder (took it of my own accord for hair loss from hard water in the city I’m currently in). They wreaked havoc on my body and nerves and bladder. So a urologist prescribed an alpha blocker which helped my bladder but wreaked additional havoc on other parts of my body. I was much better off when I wasn’t taking any meds or supplements the past year! And yes I do have anhedonia. I make efforts to try and look at the sunny side despite the chemical interference with my ability to be happy. I’m reading books on Intuitive healing, homeostasis (the body’s natural inclination and ability towards self-healing) and faith. I know I’ll recover but I’m unfortunately a very protracted case. I’ve always been a sensitive person who even psychologically took time to recover from difficulties so it makes sense that my nervous system is also  sensitive. We will defeat withdrawal and heal 🙌🏻 it will not defeat us. The Pharma firms will not defeat us. This has become a spiritual battle to me, a battle for our souls. We have to win it. FYI if you like reading, read hopeful books on healing and other things to help with a positive mindset. In just finished Rhonda Byrne‘s The Magic which is a 28-day gratitude practice. Enjoyed doing it. Stay well my friend and know I’m praying for you and for us all 💜💜

• 3 months later...

Hello all. Didn’t know where to post this. This man (Peter Breggin) has had a profound impact on me. His videos and books have taught me a lot. He’s been raising awareness on Pharma (psychotropic drugs) for decades and they tried to kill him before. Now he has to face a lawsuit for his Covid work and for the first time in his life needs money for the case. Even $10 would help. No pressure but if anyone can help it’s a worthy cause and a worthy noble human saving us all 💜
https://www.givesendgo.com/Breggin