• Administrator
On 4/22/2020 at 3:38 PM, Kree said:

Then few days later u took quite alot of speed.. then went back on mirt 15mg after a 2 and a half year break for 3 week.

I'm at a loss for words. You don't think intermittent speed use might have something to do with your symptom history?

If the amitriptyline isn't helping, if I were you, I'd go off.

If you have withdrawal syndrome from mirtazapine, reinstatement of a very low dose of mirtazapine, such as 2.5mg (two point five milligrams) may help.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

14 hours ago, Altostrata said:

I'm at a loss for words. You don't think intermittent speed use might have something to do with your symptom history?

If the amitriptyline isn't helping, if I were you, I'd go off.

If you have withdrawal syndrome from mirtazapine, reinstatement of a very low dose of mirtazapine, such as 2.5mg (two point five milligrams) may help.

So do you think ive just got a sensitive system now and i haven't had adverse reactions to both meds?

Thats what im scared of.

• Administrator

I think you have a sensitive system and you had a bad reaction to TOO MUCH mirtazapine.

If amitriptyline made you feel worse, it is not accomplishing anything useful.

Whether a very little amount of mirtazapine might help, you'd have to try it and see. You have not put your drug history in your signature, you apparently occasionally use street drugs. There are a lot of unknowns. We cannot examine your nervous system or predict the future.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

• Administrator
9 hours ago, Kree said:

If i had a bad reaction to mirt could it be possible to stablize on ami?

I don't know. The only way to find out is to continue to take amitriptyline. You've been taking it for maybe 10 days, correct?

You'll have to decide for yourself if it's helping.

• Administrator

I realize you only have a cell phone, but I am having trouble understanding what's going on. The lack of information in your signature makes it even more difficult.

I can't tell if your symptoms are from amitriptyline or mirtazapine withdrawal. Or, they could be from intermittent amphetamine use.

You have to decide if taking the amitriptyline is causing bad symptoms. Usually, if a drug is causing adverse effects, they are more intense shortly after you take the drug. You're the only one who can decide this. No matter how many times you ask here, we can't tell you.

Do you think i wouldve went into bad withdrawal by now if it was an adverse reaction? Its been 3 months since i stopped the mirtazapine.

I feel like im waiting for it to start. 

2008-2009 citalopram thought I'd had an adverse reaction when i put myself back on but all settled when went on mirt.

Was 100% convinced i was going to go into protracted withdrawal.

2009-2015 mirtazapine.15mg

2015..went into tollerence withdrawal upped to 30mg.

2017-reduced mirt over 5 months.No withdrawal. 

2 and a half years later.Severe case of anxiety,had some speed on a night out(yes i know silly)

5 days later went back on mirtazapine,had twitching and burning,slight palps.

Stuck it out for 3 weeks before cold turkeying.

Over the past 3 month to this day I've been terrified of going into a protracted withdrawal.

Mental health team have place me on amitriptyline 10mg...just went up to 20mg.

Everyone thinks i just need an antidepressant and I've just been obsessing,bearing in mind i thought i had an adverse reactiin once before which i know is rare.

I have 2 kids to look after and a job to keep,house to run.

Do you think I'll be ok?

• Administrator

If the amitriptyline is making you feel worse, I would stop the amitriptyline. Only you can decide this.

Please stop creating new Introductions topics. There is only one Introductions topic for each member. This is your Introductions topic. Put all your questions here.

• Administrator

Withdrawal from what? You've been taking amitriptyline only 2 weeks, correct? You are not likely to get withdrawal from that. If you are worried, you might step down by 25% every few days.

If you are having an adverse reaction to amitriptyline, this is likely to continue as long as you're taking it.

Otherwise, I don't know what's going on. Please make an effort to complete your drug history in your signature.

• Administrator

I've already answered those questions numerous times. Have some respect for my time, please.

Do you think it is silly to expect a protracted withdrawal from an adverse reaction to mirtazapine that i was on for 3 weeks.

Im literally waiting on it,scaring the xxxx out of me.

I need to be back to work soon 

Hi.Is it always the case with an adverse reaction that you go into a protracted withdrawal?

I thought i had an adverse reaction to cit 13years ago but went on mirtazapine and didn't happen.convinced myself it would.

I was on mirtazapine for 8 years and successfully withdrew for a period of 2 and a half years.

No withdrawal.

Then had an anxiety episode out of nowhere.

Jumped back on 15mg mirtazapine and started having burning and twitching strange muscle feelings.

3 month on and convinced again im going into protracted withdrawal.

On amitriptyline  for the past 2 weeks....just scared im gonna get worse with the protracted.

The mental health team

are in contact now and think im delusional i think.They say i need to be treated.

Im so scared waiting for this protracted withdrawal.

I have 2 kids, on my own,a house to run and a job to get back to.

• Administrator

Kree, you posted this outside your Intro topic, without a drug history in your signature.

Without that context, your question doesn't make sense. Millions of people have adverse reactions to psychiatric drugs every day and do not have prolonged withdrawal syndrome after they quit them.

You had an adverse reaction to mirtazapine 13 years ago, and been on and off prescription and street drugs ever since. Nobody, including me, is going to say what you have now is prolonged withdrawal syndrome from mirtazapine 13 years ago.

You cannot have protracted withdrawal from the mirtazapine you took 2 weeks ago because not enough time has passed to call it protracted, and it is unclear whether the amitriptyline is causing your problems.

In your case, worrying about protracted withdrawal is irrelevant to your situation, but your continuing to repeat this question does indicate you are not paying attention to the responses you've gotten previously.

Claiming you have protracted withdrawal from mirtazapine is not going to make any sense to the mental health team, if that's what you're getting at. They don't know anything about any kind of psychiatric drug withdrawal. They barely know what an adverse reaction is.

Amitriptyline may not be helping, you may continue to have problems, but it may be due to your entire irregular drug history and not the mirtazapine you took 2 weeks ago. If you don't continue to assault your nervous system with drugs and drama, this is likely to very gradually fade away over some months.

Please re-read your Intro topic from the beginning and stop asking the same questions over and over. I'm not sure we can help you here.

• Administrator

I'm sorry, my crystal ball stopped working years ago. I do not know how long you will experience discomfort from the psychotropics you take intermittently.

How do you propose to evade the symptoms you might continue to get?

32 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Without that context, your question doesn't make sense. Millions of people have adverse reactions to psychiatric drugs every day and do not have prolonged withdrawal syndrome after they quit them.

Do you mean adverse effects as in side effects or actual adverse reactions?

Sorry last question. 

@KreeI've had bad adverse reactions to some meds (rivotril, zoloft, Vitex, to name few) in the past and no one of these have caused me protracted withdrawal.

2008-Today: various ADs, benzos and seroquel , initially for Anxiety Related Insomnia. (Absolutely no other mental issues than simple Insomnia!).

Numerous W/D and C/T of those meds. During those years, my GP diagnosed me with GAD, Depression, etc... It was all W/D related, I know now!

Fall of 2019, after too fast attempt to taper Mirtazapine, put myself in full blown W/D.
February 2020, found SA and staying on 45mg Mirtazapine, waiting for stabilization.

February 2021, I stupidly used some Ativan prn to cope with Mirtazapine W/D symptoms (By far worst mistake of all my life!!).

Became accidentally and rapidly addicted (within 2-3 weeks). Started taper immediately.

Actual medication: Mirtazapine: 40,0mg - holding-
Ativan Taper: Started at 0,29mg march 2021, 03-28 0.28mg/ 04-08 0.27mg/ 04-26 0.25mg/ (...) 10-29 0.18mg/ 04-05-22 0.17mg/ 08-25-22 0.16mg/ 09-15-22 0.15mg/ 10-22-22 0.14mg/…/ 01-12-2023 0.11mg /07-02-2024 switch to 1mg Valium /

14-02-2024 0,9mg Valium.

Supplements: Omega-3, Probiotic.

• Administrator

Kree, I don't understand what you want of us here.

Please do not ask this question again about what your future might hold anywhere on this site. We  don't know. We can't make you any promises. Whatever happens, you'll probably just have to hold on, cope with symptoms, and let your body heal.

You need to make some decisions for yourself, whether you want to continue on amitriptyline being the first one. Next time you have a question, read this topic again before posting.

I seem to have settled on amitriptyline.. how can this be if i took an adverse reaction to mirtazapine? I thought this doesnt wkrk after a failed reinstatement?

• Administrator

You're feeling better on amitriptyline? Good.

Take it at the same time each day, don't skip any doses. It's probably best to leave well enough alone.

Im just worried about my failed ri from mirt 3 months ago and my system is still destabilised? 

It being an adverse reaction will the ami protect me?