☼ dalsaan

dalsaan

Hello Dalsaan,

Wondering how your doing? Where are you at in your titration?

April 2014 remeron 45mg.

June 2014 abilify 2.5 remeron wasn't working so abilify was then added

September 2014 woke up with anxiety x 100!!!!

Pdoc then took me from 45 to 7.5 within a month and took abilify from 2.5 to 0

Currently

Remeron 7.5

Vitamin d 5,000 iu taking for about 3 years

October 2014 added fish oil/omega 3 1000 mg per day

Levothyroxitine 100 10 years or so

Dec 2014 started tapering 10% every 10 days-no problems.

August 2015 down to 0.1 mg

Woke up with severe anxiety-sleep issues-racing thoughts-depression. 9/9/15 up dose 1 mg.

Hello Dalsaan,

Wondering how your doing? Where are you at in your titration?

Thank you

April 2014 remeron 45mg.

June 2014 abilify 2.5 remeron wasn't working so abilify was then added

September 2014 woke up with anxiety x 100!!!!

Pdoc then took me from 45 to 7.5 within a month and took abilify from 2.5 to 0

Currently

Remeron 7.5

Vitamin d 5,000 iu taking for about 3 years

October 2014 added fish oil/omega 3 1000 mg per day

Levothyroxitine 100 10 years or so

Dec 2014 started tapering 10% every 10 days-no problems.

August 2015 down to 0.1 mg

Woke up with severe anxiety-sleep issues-racing thoughts-depression. 9/9/15 up dose 1 mg.

Had the Auckland gig last night. It went well, got good feedback and had a great time.

That's amazing, D. I like the "and had a great time" the best. Congratulations!

2001-2007 Rem 90 mg, xanax 2 mg synthroid 112mcg - 2007-2014 Rem 60 mg xanax 3-4 mg

2015   Feb Rem 45 mg xanax 2 mg, March Rem 30 xanax 2, April  Rem 22.5, May Rem 30  xanax .25x4 hrs, June Rem 26 xanax 2-3, July Rem 22.5 xanax 2, Aug Rem 15 xanax 2, Sept Rem 22 xanax 2, Oct Rem 18 mg xanax .25 mg /4 hrs, Nov Rem 23 mg xanax .5mg, Dec Rem 24 xanax 2 

2016  Jan Rem 20 xanax 2,  Feb Rem 18 mg xanax 1.5, Feb Rem 14 12 mg xanax 1 mg, March Rem 10 9 mg xanax 1-2 mg Rem 7.3 8 xanax 1-2, April Rem 10 12 mg xanax 2 mg, May Rem 11 xanax 1 .75mg Nov Rem 10mg Xanax 2mg 2017 May Rem 10.25 Xanax 1 mg, November Xanax 1mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for everyone's positive engagement on my thread, I always appreciate people stopping by.

Tgirl, I am on 1ml of mirtazapine.  Ive been on that since February and am just holding.   I am functions as good as I have for years so I'm enjoying what life is bringing.  no plans to drop at this point

D

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Was on 1.6 ml as at 19 March 2014.

Dropped to 1.5 ml 7 June 2014. Dropped to 1.4 in about September.

Dropped to 1.3 on 20 December 2014. Dropped to 1.2 in mid Jan 2015.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

DRUG FREE - as at 1st May 2017

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

So happy to hear you have had some improvement and are feeling like you can enjoy your life. That's fantastic news.

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

Thinking of you.

Tilly x

Desiderata

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.
As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons.
Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and ignorant; they too have their story.
Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.
If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter;
for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
Keep interested in your career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.
Exercise caution in your business affairs; for the world is full of trickery.
But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals;
and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself.
Especially, do not feign affection.
Neither be critical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with imaginings.
Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness. Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be,
and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.
With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy.

© Max Ehrmann 1927

1999 - 2004 Paroxetine 20mg  -> 2004 - 2007 Citalopram 20mg -> 2007 -  short term Trazedone use (insomnia) -> 2007 - 2009 Fluoxetine 20mg  ->

2009 - Jan 2012 Citalopram 20mg  (Spring / Summer 2012 protracted withdrawal & related agoraphobia) -> 2012 - September Restarted Citalopram - unbearable start up effects. Discontinued in under 1 week -> Oct 12 -   October 2014 Escitalopram - 10mg prescribed. Started on 5mg and worked up to 10mg in 2.5mg increments  -> Oct 2014  - 5mg; 30/03/15 2.5mg; 15/04/15 3.5mg; 20/05/15 2.9mg;  19/09/15 2.8mg; 30/10/15 2.7mg; 13/11/15 2.6mg. Holding until March.

Diet:  mostly pescatarianl & lots of veg. Weekly offal for b vitamins.  Turmeric, nigella seeds, avocados, apple cider vinegar, coconut products daily. Lots of fluids: water, lemon juice, coconut water, herbal & green tea (decaffeinated).

Supplements: vitamin C 4000mg, Omega 3 fish oil - high DPA & EHA, vitamin E 400iu, vitamin D3 5000mg (Winter only - from sun in Spring / Summer), probiotics.

Current Symptoms: chronic fatigue, erratic sleep, extreme photophobia, eye floaters, noise sensitivity, tinnitus, cognitive & speech difficulties, dizziness, irregular gait, poor co ordination, severe facial and upper body muscle tension, head and neck pressure.

Coping Strategies: good nutrition, cooking, gardening & growing my own food, cycling, dancing, yoga, photography, sewing & creative pursuits, self massage, pampering, meditation, journalling, nature, cuddling cats & humans, laughter & humour, gratitude, self care, aromatherapy, audio books, word games & believing in myself, my potential and my future.

"Everything I need is within me" - Shakti Gawain

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for sharing that Tilly x

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

Thanks for sharing that Tilly x

You're welcome, Dalsaan. I have had a lot of support here and have not been up to corresponding for a while. I came across this after not reading it for a long time and thought that it was appropriate and of comfort to so many of us here.

Wishing you the best of everything.

Tilly x 

1999 - 2004 Paroxetine 20mg  -> 2004 - 2007 Citalopram 20mg -> 2007 -  short term Trazedone use (insomnia) -> 2007 - 2009 Fluoxetine 20mg  ->

2009 - Jan 2012 Citalopram 20mg  (Spring / Summer 2012 protracted withdrawal & related agoraphobia) -> 2012 - September Restarted Citalopram - unbearable start up effects. Discontinued in under 1 week -> Oct 12 -   October 2014 Escitalopram - 10mg prescribed. Started on 5mg and worked up to 10mg in 2.5mg increments  -> Oct 2014  - 5mg; 30/03/15 2.5mg; 15/04/15 3.5mg; 20/05/15 2.9mg;  19/09/15 2.8mg; 30/10/15 2.7mg; 13/11/15 2.6mg. Holding until March.

Diet:  mostly pescatarianl & lots of veg. Weekly offal for b vitamins.  Turmeric, nigella seeds, avocados, apple cider vinegar, coconut products daily. Lots of fluids: water, lemon juice, coconut water, herbal & green tea (decaffeinated).

Supplements: vitamin C 4000mg, Omega 3 fish oil - high DPA & EHA, vitamin E 400iu, vitamin D3 5000mg (Winter only - from sun in Spring / Summer), probiotics.

Current Symptoms: chronic fatigue, erratic sleep, extreme photophobia, eye floaters, noise sensitivity, tinnitus, cognitive & speech difficulties, dizziness, irregular gait, poor co ordination, severe facial and upper body muscle tension, head and neck pressure.

Coping Strategies: good nutrition, cooking, gardening & growing my own food, cycling, dancing, yoga, photography, sewing & creative pursuits, self massage, pampering, meditation, journalling, nature, cuddling cats & humans, laughter & humour, gratitude, self care, aromatherapy, audio books, word games & believing in myself, my potential and my future.

Dalsaan,

Just wanted to stop by and say hello. I'm glad you're enjoying your stability and engagement with life.

I'd like to thank you for your part in the discussion on my thread some time ago about practitioners and finding ways to communicate when things arise. I believe I've found 2 excellent practitioners that I'll be able to work with. Both were referrals from a friend, who is very sensitive, so I had a pretty good feeling about who she would work with. Something came up with the chiropractor, where I felt the work we did was a little too much. She handled it extremely well when I talked to her about it, did not get defensive, and has adjusted the treatments. We've had several really good discussions about healing, trauma, knowing when to back off, etc. She didn't share details with me, but let me know that she has been traumatized by therapy she's done herself and is very careful about who she seeks treatment from. I believe that the things we talked about on here helped me get clear on what I wanted, and what my role needed to be....and I finally feel that some of the trauma I've carried for a lifetime is being released in a safe, respectful, and caring way...

Hope life continues to unfold as beautifully for you.

Remeron for depression. Started at 7.5 mg. in 2005. Gradual increases over 8 years, up to 45 mg. in 2012.Began tapering in June 2013. Went from 45 to 30 mg in the first 3-4 months. Held for a couple of months.Started tapering by 3.75 mg every month or 2, with some longer holding periods. Eventually went down to 3.75 mg. about April 2014. Stopped taking Remeron August 2014. Developed issues with histamine a week after stopping--symptoms reduced through diet and a few supplements. Currently having issues with a few foods. Most of the histamine intolerance has resolved or is at least, in remission.

Current Medications:

Current Supplements: Cannabis (CBD and THC), Vitamin C, D, Quercetin, CoQ10, Tart Cherry, Probiotic, Phytoplankton oil, magnesium, Methyl B. What has helped me most: spending time in nature, qi gong, exercise, healthy diet, meditation, IV vitamins, homeopathy, massage, acupuncture, chiropractic, music, and cuddling my cats..

My introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/8459-mirtazapine-withdrawal-freespirit/#entry144282

Please note: I am not a therapist or medical practitioner. Any suggestions offered come solely from my personal experience in recovering from childhood trauma, therapy, and AD use. Please seek appropriate care for yourself.

“After a cruel childhood, one must reinvent oneself. Then re-imagine the world.”
Mary Oliver

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Freespirit,

Thanks for stopping by my thread and letting me know what happened with your practitioners.  I'm glad our discussion provided some help in engaging her to get what you need and this:

'I finally feel that some of the trauma I've carried for a lifetime is being released in a safe, respectful, and caring way...'

Makes my day

D x

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm doing my first gig as MC of a comedy night tonight - I'm excited and nervous at the same time

I will let you know how it goes

D

I'm doing my first gig as MC of a comedy night tonight - I'm excited and nervous at the same time

I will let you know how it goes

D

Good for you! Enjoy!!!  :) x

Way to go Dalsaan! I hope you had fun doing it...

Remeron for depression. Started at 7.5 mg. in 2005. Gradual increases over 8 years, up to 45 mg. in 2012.Began tapering in June 2013. Went from 45 to 30 mg in the first 3-4 months. Held for a couple of months.Started tapering by 3.75 mg every month or 2, with some longer holding periods. Eventually went down to 3.75 mg. about April 2014. Stopped taking Remeron August 2014. Developed issues with histamine a week after stopping--symptoms reduced through diet and a few supplements. Currently having issues with a few foods. Most of the histamine intolerance has resolved or is at least, in remission.

Current Medications:

Current Supplements: Cannabis (CBD and THC), Vitamin C, D, Quercetin, CoQ10, Tart Cherry, Probiotic, Phytoplankton oil, magnesium, Methyl B. What has helped me most: spending time in nature, qi gong, exercise, healthy diet, meditation, IV vitamins, homeopathy, massage, acupuncture, chiropractic, music, and cuddling my cats..

My introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/8459-mirtazapine-withdrawal-freespirit/#entry144282

Please note: I am not a therapist or medical practitioner. Any suggestions offered come solely from my personal experience in recovering from childhood trauma, therapy, and AD use. Please seek appropriate care for yourself.

“After a cruel childhood, one must reinvent oneself. Then re-imagine the world.”
Mary Oliver

• Moderator Emeritus

The MC gig went really well. I had a great time, the night went really well and the bar owner has now given us a commitment for two more shows and I have been asked to be a partner in running the room.

Doing comedy has really helped with my recovery. It has helped rehabilitate my cognitive capacities alongside my memory (and my perception of how both of these are functioning). It's also helped me see myself as a strong, capable and competent person. I have developed a lot of new friends and an increased capacity to engage with them

Learning to master something new has provided me with a distraction and something positive to invest my energy into. It's also been a sheer joy.

It has helped me read again, rediscover my curios side and develop my creativity. I wasn't ready or able to do all these things when I first started. If I had waited until I was it wouldn't have happened. Being ready, willing and able to do stand up comedy emerged from me doing stand up comedy. This reflects my favourite quote ever:

When you come to the edge of all the light you know, And are about to step off into the darkness of the unknown, faith is knowing one of two things will happen: There will be something solid to stand on, or you will Be taught how to fly.

Barbara j winter

What a wonderful success story, D. It brought a smile to my face and made me feel more hopeful. God knows I needed that. I was feeling kind of hopeless today. I keep reassuring myself that this downer will pass but today my inner voices are struggling. This gives me a glimmer of hope as to what's to come.  I'll stand up tall and strong again.

Congratulations, Dalsaan, and thank you so much for sharing.

L

2001-2007 Rem 90 mg, xanax 2 mg synthroid 112mcg - 2007-2014 Rem 60 mg xanax 3-4 mg

2015   Feb Rem 45 mg xanax 2 mg, March Rem 30 xanax 2, April  Rem 22.5, May Rem 30  xanax .25x4 hrs, June Rem 26 xanax 2-3, July Rem 22.5 xanax 2, Aug Rem 15 xanax 2, Sept Rem 22 xanax 2, Oct Rem 18 mg xanax .25 mg /4 hrs, Nov Rem 23 mg xanax .5mg, Dec Rem 24 xanax 2 

2016  Jan Rem 20 xanax 2,  Feb Rem 18 mg xanax 1.5, Feb Rem 14 12 mg xanax 1 mg, March Rem 10 9 mg xanax 1-2 mg Rem 7.3 8 xanax 1-2, April Rem 10 12 mg xanax 2 mg, May Rem 11 xanax 1 .75mg Nov Rem 10mg Xanax 2mg 2017 May Rem 10.25 Xanax 1 mg, November Xanax 1mg

This is all very good news Dalsaan...it's inspiring when someone is willing to step into the unknown.

I was reminded of this quote by Joseph Campbell, "find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain."

Current Medications:

Mary Oliver

• Moderator Emeritus

This is all very good news Dalsaan...it's inspiring when someone is willing to step into the unknown.

I was reminded of this quote by Joseph Campbell, "find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain."

That's is a brilliant quote. Thanks for stoping by and sharing that with me

D x

• Moderator Emeritus

What a wonderful success story, D. It brought a smile to my face and made me feel more hopeful. God knows I needed that. I was feeling kind of hopeless today. I keep reassuring myself that this downer will pass but today my inner voices are struggling. This gives me a glimmer of hope as to what's to come.  I'll stand up tall and strong again.

Congratulations, Dalsaan, and thank you so much for sharing.

L

Leahy

I'm in your corner and positive that there is hope for you and your recovery. I had times of extreme doubt and distress. Things turned slowly but I now feel stronger that I have in decades

D xx

Hi Dalsaan,

So pleased that you're going well.  That's freaky ! I left the same quote on Hopeful's thread , a few days ago ! I like it so much , I though I would add it to my "signature".   I love your Barbara Winter quote , as well.  I'm glad you are finding "joy".  Thank you for your support, D. 

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi AliG

Thanks for stopping by. I love how some quotes have the power to capture our imagination. I think it's a good idea to add it to your signature

Dalsaan

Hi Dalsaan

So good to read your post that the gig went well. Doing something you love and it aiding your recovery is wonderful.

It gives hope to us all.

So pleased for you.

xxx

15 yrs on 20 to 30 mgs CITALOPRAM.  MAY 2014 Increased to 40 mgs per day.SEPT/NOV 2014 tapered in 6 weeks down to 10 mgs as per Dr instructions due to violent nightmares/palpitations.Given Noctamid (lormetazepam) to help with anxiety. On average took 2mg per day for 8 weeks.No taper was advised.DEC 2014 WD severe. Nervous tic in eyes and limbs, muscle pain,fluct  temp, weakness, dep and anxiety, nausea, giddy, unstable when walking. Different Dr suggested taking 20mgs CIT. BROMAZEPAM 3mgs up to 3 x daily for anxiety.DEC 9 2014 Updose CIT to 30mgs. Only taking BROMAZEPAM in emergency.DEC 31 2014 Settling at 30mg CIT - helping with depression. No Brom for 2wks.Found SA.APR 2015 Trying to stabilise on 30mgs CIT.  JAN 2016 Started Cit Taper reducing by 5% per month.  28.5 mgs 
FEB  Taper held bereavement. APR Taper resumed 27mgs . MAY 25.50 mgs .  JUNE 24 mgs .  JULY I stupidly mixed up my BP meds with CIT. Consequently took no CIT for 3 days and doubled my BP meds. Waiting for the fallout....Holding for a while until any chance of repercussions have abated. SEPT taper resumed to  22.5 mgs . OCT 21 mgs .NOV 19.95 mgs DEC crashed. 2017: FEB 3rd updose to 20.5 mgs to try to stabilise.FEB.switched over to 75mgs of Venlafaxine XR for 3 weeks.Too stimulating so switching back to Cit. 12 March 37.5 Ven and 20 Cit. 21 March 18mg Ven 20mg Cit. 4 April 9mg Ven 20mg Cit. Xanax .50mg when needed.  13 April 0 mgs Ven, 20mg Citalopram. Xanax .50 mg per day. 5 May reinstated a small amount of Ven to stabilize  1 mg twice a day. 20 mg Citalopram at night. Xanax .25 mg twice per day.Other Meds: Losartan (BP)Started 1993 at  50 mgs at night.  Seretide (Asthma) Started 1996 at 1 puff twice a day. Jan 2019 Antibiotic Ceclor 500mgs twice a day for bronchitis and  Atrovent 2ml capsules twice a day for asthma. Finished the course of both Jan 17. 

XANAX  Jan 27  - Feb 3 2019 Failed Valium Crossover.   Feb 14 2019  Updosed Xanax by .0625  Feb 17 2019 Decreased Xanax by .0625. Back to .50mg daily.  Update Xanax 28.2.20 tapered to .1250 mg 8am .25 mg midnight. Update Xanax 11.8.21 tapered to .25 mg at night. 

Current Meds 28.2.19: CITALOPRAM  20mg  taken at midnight. VENLAFAXINE  .9 mg twice a day at 8am and 10pm.  XANAX .50 mg split into 4 doses per day. 10am .0625mg / 2pm .1250mg/ 6pm .0625mg / midnight .25mg.Update 10.8.22 .25 mg at night.  LOSARTAN 50 mgs taken at midnight.  SERETIDE 1 puff taken at 8am and 10pm.   7.7.19 VENLAFAXINE UPDATE: Started tapering 10% every 4 weeks. Currently .4 mg twice a day at 8am and 10 pm.  2.9.19 .36 mg x 2. 1.10.19  .32 mg x 2. 26.11.19 .29 mg x2. 26.12.19 .26 mg  x 2. 23.1.20  .23 mg x 2.  20.2.20 .21 mg x2.20.3.20  .19 mg x 2. 21.4.20 .17 mg x 2. 19.5.20 .13 mg x 2.  18.6.20 .11mg  x 2 .18.7.20.10 mg x 2.1.9.20.09 mg x 2. 30.9. 20 .08 mg x 2. 1.11.20 .07 mg x 2.  2.12.20 .06 mg x 2.  8.1.21 .05 mg x 2.  4.2.21 .04 mg x 2. 9.3.21 .03 mgx2.  7.4.21  .02 mg x 2.  9.5.21 .01 mg x 2.  21.6.21 .01 mg x 1.  11.8.21 ZERO!

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks Flowers. I'm now stepping up for my next challenge - improv comedy!

D x

Good for you Dalsaan!!

I am a singer, so I know how the stage feels like.

Not to withdraw;one of the important things in recovery.

4 years aprox. on 150mgs.Effexor for situational major depression.No AD before.
Tapered 150-0mgs in 3 months.

Tapered Quetiapine,Xanax in the last 18 months.NO med of any kind anymore.
First 3 months off acute w/d
Protracted w/d ever since.
Symptoms:Anxiety,anhedonia,insomnia,tinnitus,PSSD

04/13/2014 Awful Relapse.Recovered fairly fast.

3 years and 4 months off.

waves and windows.Very much recovered.

November 2015,health issue.Setback.

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks Alex, I'm glad to hear you have your passions too

• Moderator Emeritus

The improv comedy went ok for a bunch of beginners. We pulled it off in terms of entertainment but it was stressful. I certainly felt it the next day. Nonetheless I have bounced back and have another comedy experience under my belt. Next one is Friday night when I perform in a sketch comedy show with some new friends

Dalsaan, great that the improv went well. I hope one day you will post a video of your comedy, I am sure everyone would enjoy that. Good luck on your next performance and take care.

Celexa 20mg 2008-2012 for Social Anxiety

Failed attempt to stop reinstated

1 year taper skipping doses

Celexa free 12/2013

1/2014-5/2014 took 5 htp every other day

Failed Reinstatement 5mg of Celexa on 12/2014 for 5 days only

• 2 months later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Work continues, comedy continues, tapering continues. I'm down to 1/2 ml. My sleep is the best but it isn't the worst either. I still have memory issues but they are getting a little bit better. I think the comedy has helped with that. My concentration is pretty bad. It makes work a lot harder but I'm am trying to develop some strategies to deal with that.

Good vibes to you all

D

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, Dalsaan!

Before you dropped from 1 ml to 0.5 ml, you made a really long hold, more than 9 months! How are you feeling now? Do you think the long hold affected the outcome of this drop positively?

LLiz

On 30 - 45 mg mirtazapine for more than 10 years.

Tapered mirtazapine, ziprasidone, and dextroamphetamine (both added at some point to reduce mirtazapine side effects) since August, 2012, one at a time. Stopped ziprasidone in 2012, dextroamphetamine in 2013, mirtazapine in 2016.

April 1 2015 dose: 0.29 mg.

May 1 2015 dose: 0.28 mg. Although holding for only 2 weeks so far, feeling much better!

June 1 2015 dose: 0.275 mg. Needed to start withdrawing again because of adverse drug effect.

July 1: 0.23 mg. Aug 1: 0.16 mg. Sept 1: 0.14 mg. Oct 1: 0.12 mg. March 10, 2016: 0.08 mg. March 20: 0 mg.

• Moderator Emeritus

HI LLiz,

Yes I think the hold was critical to my successful drop to .5     I am now going to hold again for another couple of months to get past xmas/new year and set myself well for the next drop.    So I will probably hold till mid Feb.   I think long holds give you a break at all levels - mind, body and spirit.   

cheers

Dalsaan

That is extremely encouraging to hear, Dalsaan! Thank you!

LLiz

Tapered mirtazapine, ziprasidone, and dextroamphetamine (both added at some point to reduce mirtazapine side effects) since August, 2012, one at a time. Stopped ziprasidone in 2012, dextroamphetamine in 2013, mirtazapine in 2016.

May 1 2015 dose: 0.28 mg. Although holding for only 2 weeks so far, feeling much better!

June 1 2015 dose: 0.275 mg. Needed to start withdrawing again because of adverse drug effect.

July 1: 0.23 mg. Aug 1: 0.16 mg. Sept 1: 0.14 mg. Oct 1: 0.12 mg. March 10, 2016: 0.08 mg. March 20: 0 mg.

• 2 months later...

Hi, Dalsaan!

How is everything going? Are you still doing well?

LLiz

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi LLiz,

Sorry it has taken me a while to respond.   It has been a very busy time of the year for me and I havent been on SA very much.  

Things have been up and down a little bit.  My sleep went off for a while and it wasnt good timing because I had a lot on my plate.   I have managed to get it back on track.   I am still on .5 and will stay there till I have cemented my sleep and feel well set for another drop.   There is no rush.

I continue to do comedy and am still enjoying it.

hope you are ok in the world

D xx

I was really glad to read your update, Dalsaan! That you can do comedy is so inspiring!!

LLiz

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks.   I've decided to write a show for next years Melbourne International Comedy Festival.   Its an exciting and daunting prospect but will keep me occupied and distracted from my withdrawal (which I prefer to be in the background)

D

Hi, Dalsaan,

I looked that up. According to Wikipedia:

"The Melbourne International Comedy Festival (MICF) is the third-largest international comedy festival in the world and the largest cultural event in Australia. Established in 1987, it takes place annually in Melbourne over four weeks, typically starting in March and running through to April. The Melbourne Town Hall has served as the festival hub since the early 1990s, but performances are held in venues throughout the city."

That is really exciting that you will be writing a show for that!!

LLiz

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Time for an update.

I am currently on .5ml of mirtazapine.   It still matters.  If I don't take it I get withdrawal.   My sleep has been about a 5 on a scale of 1-10.  I get probably 5-6 broken hours a night, on a good night.   That is enough for me to function.   I actually had a dream the other night, that is very rare.

My mood is generally good.   I can pick up when I am sliding depression wise and take some action to address it.  My monthly cycle is the thing that throws me off the most.

My main issues now are memory problem, concentration issues and memory problems (that was a bit of a joke).   These things make work difficult, undermine my confidence, here and elsewhere and frustrate my comedy efforts.

I still think I am relatively new at this withdrawal caper so I have hope that I will recover my capacities.  It does have its upsides, I was looking around for a notepad to write down some comedy material and I found one with some jokes I'd forgotten I have written - bonus

Dalsaan