Iam on following meds for 10 years 

Lamotrigine 25 day 50 night 

Devenaflaxine 25 day 50 night

Mirtazapine 15 mg

How should i begin tapering 

Which drug first 

And can all three be reduced simultaneously 

Edited by Gridley

Taking devenaflaxine 2mg in morning and  night and lamotrigine 25 mg morning qnd night qnd mirtazapine 7.5g in night since 2021 February approx

Reduced 7.5 to 3.7 mirtazapine in feb 2022

Reinstated mirtazapine to 15 mg on 23 march 

And added two drugs

Cloba 10 mg night and petril beta 10mg 

• getofflex changed the title to Ansh: Taoering devenaflaxine mirtazapine lamotrigine
  • Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to SA, Ansh.  

To start:

To give members the best information, we ask them to summarize their medication history in a signature -- drugs, doses, dates, and discontinuations & reinstatements, in the last 12-24 months particularly.  You can use the information in your post but please include the dates (approximate its fine) you started each.

Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature.

We recommend tapering only one drug at a time.  Otherwise, if problems arise you won't know the cause.  We recommend tapering the most activating (stimulating) drug first, leaving the more sedating drugs in place to preserve sleep and be tapered later.  Mirtazapine and and Lamotrigine generally are sedating drugs.  SNRI's like desvenlafaxine are more stimulating.  Thus, unless one of the drugs is causing you problems, you should taper the Desvenlafaxine first.

Taking multiple psych drugs? Which drug to taper first?

The following link is specifically about tapering Desvenlafaxine.

Tips for tapering off desvenlafaxine (Pristiq)

We recommend tapering by no more than 10% of your current dose every four weeks.

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

The link above about tapering Desvenlafaxine contains specific information about how to get the non-standard doses needed for a 10% taper.

We don't recommend a lot of supplements on SA, as many members report being sensitive to them due to our over-reactive nervous systems, but two supplements that we do recommend are magnesium and omega 3 (fish oil). Many people find these to be calming to the nervous system. 

Add in one at a time and at a low dose in case you do experience problems. Get supplements that are single ingredient (not mixed with other types of supplements).

This is your Introduction topic, where you can complete your drug signature, ask questions and connect with other members.  We're glad you found your way here.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of May 2: 6.1mg

Taper is 92% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotic, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

• 6 months later...

Iam taking 25 mg .devenaflaxine twice a day can i cut the 25 into 2 

Can anyon3 suggest a  reliablecompounding pharmacy which can compound dosagea of devenaflaxine especially in India

Taking devenaflaxine 2mg in morning and  night and lamotrigine 25 mg morning qnd night qnd mirtazapine 7.5g in night since 2021 February approx

And added two drugs

• Moderator Emeritus

PM question from Ansh:

can u name your compounding pharmacy which compounded the doses and iam not ae to find one in india

I am in Australia.  I did a search for compounding pharmacies in India and was not able to find any.  You could try doing that search yourself.  If you cannot find it by searching online you could ask your local pharmacy if they know of any compounding pharmacists.

If you are not able to find a chemist to compound the tablets for you, then you might need to find another way to get your dose.

You can crush the tablets very finely, between two spoons or buy a tablet grinder (Amazon) and then weigh them.  For both compounded tablets and crushed/weighed tablets you need to take your dose 2 times a day because they become immediate release and only last about 11 hours.  Taking a split dose will help to stop interdose withdrawal.

Here is the topic which gives information about weighing doses:

using-a-scale-to-weigh-and-measure-doses

Many SA members use the Gemini-20 scale which can be bought online from Amazon.  I do not know what you are able to access to buy online.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Thanks a

But instead of crushing tablet can split 25mg into 2 pieces by pill cutter 

If i do so how much pieces i have to consume at a time i take 25 mg one in morning one in night so how to do that

And added two drugs

• Moderator Emeritus

Pristiq tablets are very difficult to cut in half evenly.  So even if you cut them, which is okay to do, you would still have to weigh them to make sure that you are getting a consistent dose.  Taking different doses each day is not good.

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

• 1 month later...

Chessie 

The compounded doses u rook of pristiq was in liquid form or solid

How did u convince ur phyciatrist to get compounding prescription 

Whats the name of the compounding 

Can u do me A FAVOR 

can u get the doses compounded from your pharmacy and PERSONALLY me to INDIA  i will bear all the courier charges and other plz 

This is best option plz help 

And added two drugs

• Moderator Emeritus

I am in Australia and cannot help you get compounded Pristiq.

I do not know what you are able to buy online or how much money you can afford to spend so I will list some options.

If you can buy a scale than you could crush your tablets and weigh some of the powder and take the powder or you could mixs the powder in water to measure with a syringe.

That is the best suggestion that I can give you.

You can buy a scale from the Indian Amazon.  I do not know how much the postage would cost. 

The Gemini-20 scale weighs 0.001g

https://www.amazon.in/Smart-Weigh-Precision-Milligram-Weighing

If this type of scale is too expensive for you to buy, then you could buy a scale that weighs 0.01g like the following which are much cheaper:

https://www.amazon.in/Pocket-Scale-Digital-Jewellery-Weighing

https://www.amazon.in/Jewellery-Weighing-Calibration-Capacity-Operational

https://www.amazon.in/Accuracy-Digital-Pocket-Weighing-Scale

Can u do one think can you demonstrate how to crush tablet then weight through syringe whole process via video on skype or something just for once to me or my sisster plzz 

Plz do atleast this 

And added two drugs

• Moderator Emeritus

If you have a pill cutter you could cut a whole tablet into pieces with the pill cutter and crush all of the the pieces of one tablet between 2 spoons over a piece of paper.

If you cannot find the information to help you in the topics linked below search on YouTube.  Search with this term:  liquid taper instructions

You will need to divide your dose into two and take it 2 times a day otherwise you might experience interdose withdrawal.

There are some videos in this topic:

using-a-scale-to-weigh-and-measure-doses

how-to-make-a-liquid-from-tablets-or-capsules

using-an-oral-syringe-and-other-tapering-techniques

Iam taking 25 mg devenaflaxine one in night and one in morning 

And mirtazapine 7.5 in night 

I reduced to 3.75 but facing issues

So i want to taper devenaflaxine as suggested but which dose of devenaflaxine should i taper first and how if cut.night dose how take dosages plz tell 

And added two drugs

• Moderator Emeritus

Q:  Did you reduce your mirtazapine from 7.5mg to 3.75mg in one go, meaning that you did not take for example 5mg?

Please create your drug signature as requested in June last year.  We need to be able to see your drug history at a glance.  Thank you.

On 6/18/2021 at 5:00 AM, Gridley said:

To give members the best information, we ask them to summarize their medication history in a signature -- drugs, doses, dates, and discontinuations & reinstatements, in the last 12-24 months particularly.  You can use the information in your post but please include the dates (approximate its fine) you started each.

Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature.

• ChessieCat changed the title to Ansh: Tapering desvenaflaxine mirtazapine lamotrigine

Done the signature 

Yes in one go

Shall i taper devenaflaxine first if yes then which dose 25 in morning or night

If night then if i split it how many doses of devenaaxine plz tell @Altostrataand @ChessieCat

And added two drugs

• Moderator Emeritus
1 hour ago, Ansh said:

You have made a 50% reduction this month.  SA recommends tapering by no more than 10% of the current dose with a hold of at least 4 weeks to allow the brain to adapt to not getting as much of the drug.  Gridley gave you the link for that information in June last year.  See below:

On 6/18/2021 at 5:00 AM, Gridley said:

We recommend tapering by no more than 10% of your current dose every four weeks.

5 minutes ago, Ansh said:

Shall i taper devenaflaxine first if yes then which dose 25 in morning or night

1 hour ago, Ansh said:

As stated above you have only just recently reduced the mirtazapine by 50% and you also state that you are having issues.  These issues are withdrawal symptoms from reducing the mirtazapine too quickly.  You are not ready to start tapering the desvenlafaxine yet.  If your current symptoms are bad then you might consider increasing your mirtazapine dose to 5mg.  Even if you do not increase the mirtazapine it would be better to wait until you are stable before making another decrease of any drug.

Dr Joseph Glenmullen's WD Symptoms Checklist

See:

Stability

WDnormal

And Brassmonkey talks more about it here:

tao-of-the-brassmonkey

SA provided you with the information of how to get off your drugs carefully when you joined the site 8 months ago but you have decided to taper quickly.  It is your decision about how quickly you go off your drugs.  We cannot make you follow SA's suggestions, but if you decide to go faster than what SA suggests then we are not going to be able to help you.  The staff of SA is small and are unpaid peers who give freely of their time to help members to get of their drugs carefully.  We do not have the time to spend trying to help members who choose not to follow SA's suggestions.  There are many other members who choose to follow the suggestions of SA and the staff prefer to spend their valuable time helping those members.

Please read this topic:

Issues facing is only taking time to fall asleep shall i 

do one thing reinstate mirtazapine to 7.5 mg snd then start devenaflaxine tapering if u start after few days devenaflaxine tapering which dose if devenaflaxine 25 mg morning or evening and if i cut tablet 25 then how many doses without cuttind devenaflaxine 25 mg its hf life js how much

And added two drugs

I reduced 50 % bcz how i cant get mirtazapine compounded  so  very sorry 

And added two drugs

• Moderator Emeritus
2 minutes ago, Ansh said:

I reduced 50 % bcz how i cant get mirtazapine compounded  so  very sorry 

You didn't ask.  See Post #1 of this topic:

Tips for tapering off mirtazapine (Remeron)

This topic has links to various important topics on SA:

Okay just tell me as perguidline shall i start taoering devenaflaxine kerping mirinite 7.5 

Snd if yes then which doses of devenaaxine25  should i taper first  morning or night if i cut the pill how many total doses plz tell ism really sorry and need guidance 

And added two drugs

Kindly guide @Altostrataand @ChessieCat

And added two drugs

Can u plz guide @ChessieCat  i will follow exact suggestions by you iam not able to find guidance 

And added two drugs

5 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

As stated above you have only just recently reduced the mirtazapine by 50% and you also state that you are having issues.  These issues are withdrawal symptoms from reducing the mirtazapine too quickly.  You are not ready to start tapering the desvenlafaxine yet.  If your current symptoms are bad then you might consider increasing your mirtazapine dose to 5mg.  Even if you do not increase the mirtazapine it would be better to wait until you are stable before making another decrease of any drug.

Hi @Ansh

Did you see what ChessieCat wrote a few posts ago?

Sertraline (Lustral):  2014. Sept 50mg. Oct 100mg. Dec 150mg. 2015-2019. 150mg. 2019  Apr-May 0mg. Beg May 150mg. End May 100mg. Late June 125mg. Late Aug 100mg. 2020 Jan 75mg. April 50mg.

2022  50mg. 1Jan 45mg. 1Feb 40.5mg. Water T24Feb 39.5mg. 3Mar 38.5mg. 18Mar 38mg. 25Mar 37.5mg. 22Apr 37mg. 5May 36.5mg. 18May 36mg. 1Jun 35.3mg. 15Jun 34.5mg.  30Jun 34mg. 15Jul 33.5mg. 22Jul 33mg. 5Aug 32.5mg. 19Aug 32mg. 1Sept 31.5mg. 1Oct 31mg.  27 Oct 30.5. 16 Nov 30mg. 30 Nov 29.5mg. 14 Dec 29mg

2023. 2 Jan 28.5mg. 6 Feb 28mg. 10 Mar 27.5mg. 1 Apr 26.5mg. 1 May 26mg. 1 Jun 25.5mg. 1 Jul 25mg. 1 Aug 24.5mg. 17 Aug 24mg. 5 Sept 23.5mg. 9 Oct 23mg.

Desogestrel:  2014 -  present:  

Supplements Magnesium. 400mcg  Vitamin D. 10mcg.  Multivit/min. 1 tab. B Complex

Certirizine:   2022 May 10mg. Dec 20mg. 2023. 15mg.

Omeprazole.:  2016 20mg. 2022  20mg.  15Jan 15mg. 9Feb 10mg. 25Feb 6.5mg. 15Mar 3mg. 3Apr 1.5mg.  15Apr 0mg   2023. 20mg. 15 Sept 15mg.

Okay  thanks 

And added two drugs

• Administrator

@Ansh do you know of a compounding pharmacy who can make custom doses for you? Most likely, they would make capsules.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Hi thanks @Altostrata for replying i looked everywhere in INIDA there is no such compounding pharmacy 

Can u get the doses conpounde in your country and send it to INDIA i will pay all charges thats best way i could taper

Iam currently on 25 mg devenaflaxine both in morning and night

And mirtazapine 5 mg in night and stable

Now which drug should i first taper iam thinking of tapering devenaflaxine 25 mg night 

In case i do that i will have to cut 25 mg into 2 piece then how many doses of devenaaxine should i take can u plz help with this taper schedule

And help to send compounded doses

And added two drugs

• Administrator

Did you read Tips for tapering off desvenlafaxine (Pristiq)?

Another option is to substitute venlafaxine, a close sibling drug, and taper that.

I cannot help you find a compounding pharmacy in the US. This may be a compounding pharmacy in India.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

I contacted them they dont do it

I read the tips

Can u suggest how to further taper like 25 mg devenaflaxine i take in morning as well as night and mirtazapine 5 u  night so

How should i go tapering first mirtazapine or devenaflaxine  and which which dose of devenaflaxine first night one or morning one if cut the night dose in 2 how many doses in a day can u suugest proper taper schedule

And added two drugs

Iam thinking cutting the night dose of devenaflaxine 25 mg 

Into 2 peace along with 5 mg mirtazapine 

And continue 25 mg in morning is it right or how to do 

And added two drugs

• Administrator

@Ansh, you need to read the links the staff gives you.

I have read it but still if you could  suggest a schedule  and guidewould be more helpful since iam.taking 2 doses of devenaflaxine and its quite hard to taper 

And added two drugs

• Administrator

That is correct, desvenlafaxine is hard to taper. That is why we explain the different ways you can do it so carefully.

On 2/21/2022 at 10:50 PM, Altostrata said:

Another option is to substitute venlafaxine, a close sibling drug, and taper that.

Venlafaxine is very, very commonly prescribed and easy to get.

Okay but shall i cut devenaflaxine 25 mg night in 2 piece and take is it good idea or what u suggest since i take 25 mg two times in.morning and night can u suggets a schedule 

And added two drugs

• 1 month later...

@Altostrata @ChessieCat as per your instructions he reinstated 3.5 to 7 mg mirtazapine all was fine till 2 months  one find day i started experiencing extremely anxiety and palpitation so saw doctor he added two more drig a benzo cloba and petril  beta what this made  situation more worse should i take additional drug its making more miserable is doctor right are these withdrawl systems then how to combat withdrawl issues without adding new drugsplz

And added two drugs

• Moderator Emeritus

@AnshI would not add in more drugs. 

For ways of coping without drugs, please see:

Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms

Tips to help sleep: so many of us have that awful withdrawal insomnia

Are you taking any supplements? We don't recommend a lot of supplements, as many members report their nervous systems are simply too fragile to handle them. However, magnesium and fish oil tend to be calming to the nervous system and many people report they do help. Please only add in one supplement at a time and at a small dose to see if your nervous system can tolerate it. For more, please see:

King of supplements: Omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil)

Magnesium, nature's calcium channel blocker

What time(s) of the day are you taking your drugs? Please list the time(s), the drug names, and the doses.

• 4 weeks later...

@Altostrata @ChessieCat at least dont leave me in middle like this 

I came.to.forum with faith kindly read my chat on april 22 help me sail out it

Reading it kindly tell its withdrawl or relapse or doctors call relapase qnd recommend increasing dose of all medications lamtec pristiq mirtazapine they  already increased mirtazapine dose to 15 and add two more  medications one benzo cloba plz iam getting misguided plz help in name of god what should i do in such case 🙏 

And added two drugs

@Altostrata  @ChessieCat kindly guide me plz for god sake 

And added two drugs

• Moderator Emeritus

@AnshPlease see my earlier post and answer the question - What time(s) of the day are you taking your drugs? Please list the time(s), the drug names, and the doses.