Foxclover6: Cold turkey Lexparo 10 mg

Foxclover6

How long were you taking the Ativan? I'm asking because I had an adverse reaction to Lexapro after taking it only 6 days at the beginning of Sept. I was prescribed .5 Ativan at the ER, but only four pills. Then all my WD symptoms set it, and I didn't know what was wrong with me (hadn't found this site yet), so I went back to the ER to ask for a psych consult. They prescribed Klonopin, which I didn't take consistently, but I often took it at night for anxiety in order to sleep. I wish I'd never been introduced to it, because now that I've stopped taking it I keep wondering if my symptoms are caused by that or the Lexapro WD.

I have had paresthesia since the first night of my adverse reaction from Lexapro. For me, it seems to be connected to anxiety. I agree, I don't usually feel it when I'm working out. The first night in the ER, it felt like electricity running through my body. Since then, it is usually an "icy hot" feeling that starts at the top of my spine/base of my neck. It runs down my back, arms, and sometimes trunk and legs. I've been trying to change my thinking about it, because most of the time it is not painful, just unsettling. So I tell myself it's comforting rather than scary. But I do occasionally have it feel like fire, usually if I wake in the middle of the night in a panic, it will feel more like fire. One night I actually woke up to the electricity feeling again. The next day, I discovered I'd been bitten by a spider in my sleep. I think the feeling happened when I got the spider bite!

I also have the same reaction you mention--sometimes I feel like exercise might make it all worse. I'm trying to find the right balance. Since you mentioned perimenopause, I assume we might be around the same age. I'm 42. Before this happened, I was running about 20 miles a week and weighlifting. I lost 10 lbs in Sept. from the stress and WD symptoms of this. I have worked out my entire life. It's necessary for my mental health. I know some people on here advise against pushing too hard, and that's probably good wisdom, but it can be hard to find that balance when you're used to pushing yourself physically and frustrated that you can't necessarily do that anymore. 

I walk 3 miles every day. I would love to get back into running everyday, but I ran 3 miles last week and felt like it set my symptoms off. At the same time, I feel like we all try to find a reason for every symptom we experience and maybe there is just "it's withdrawal, who the heck knows." I'm worried about going too long without getting back into running because I've already lost so much, fitness-wise. That 10 lbs I lost was ALL muscle, I swear!

I started lifting weights again, but man, that made my muscle aches worse. The weird thing is, I did all arm/chest work and could feel the soreness from the weight lifting, but my usual WD muscle pain in neck and shoulders is MUCH worse. So the soreness from the weightlifting somehow seems to have set off the neck & shoulder pain, which is much stronger. Super strange. I also question if the muscle aches are Benzo WD related. I'm not convinced I didn't accidentally become dependent on them. 

There are always too many variables to make sense of it all!

9/3/21-9/8/21--6 doses 2.5 mg escitalopram (adverse reaction)

9/9/21-9/16/21-5 doses .5 mg lorazepam

9/17/21-10/17/21-.25 mg clonazepam (used at bedtime 2-3x/week)

9/19/21-present-25 mg hydroxyzine (3x daily for anxiety)

MTHFR C667T homozygous mutation

COMT val/val homozygous mutation

Supplements: 300 mg magnesium glycinate, ProBiota HistaminX, SmartyPants women’s multi, .5 mg melatonin, starting trial of methylated B complex 

4 hours ago, deg1979 said:

How long were you taking the Ativan? I'm asking because I had an adverse reaction to Lexapro after taking it only 6 days at the beginning of Sept. I was prescribed .5 Ativan at the ER, but only four pills. Then all my WD symptoms set it, and I didn't know what was wrong with me (hadn't found this site yet), so I went back to the ER to ask for a psych consult. They prescribed Klonopin, which I didn't take consistently, but I often took it at night for anxiety in order to sleep. I wish I'd never been introduced to it, because now that I've stopped taking it I keep wondering if my symptoms are caused by that or the Lexapro WD.

I have had paresthesia since the first night of my adverse reaction from Lexapro. For me, it seems to be connected to anxiety. I agree, I don't usually feel it when I'm working out. The first night in the ER, it felt like electricity running through my body. Since then, it is usually an "icy hot" feeling that starts at the top of my spine/base of my neck. It runs down my back, arms, and sometimes trunk and legs. I've been trying to change my thinking about it, because most of the time it is not painful, just unsettling. So I tell myself it's comforting rather than scary. But I do occasionally have it feel like fire, usually if I wake in the middle of the night in a panic, it will feel more like fire. One night I actually woke up to the electricity feeling again. The next day, I discovered I'd been bitten by a spider in my sleep. I think the feeling happened when I got the spider bite!

I also have the same reaction you mention--sometimes I feel like exercise might make it all worse. I'm trying to find the right balance. Since you mentioned perimenopause, I assume we might be around the same age. I'm 42. Before this happened, I was running about 20 miles a week and weighlifting. I lost 10 lbs in Sept. from the stress and WD symptoms of this. I have worked out my entire life. It's necessary for my mental health. I know some people on here advise against pushing too hard, and that's probably good wisdom, but it can be hard to find that balance when you're used to pushing yourself physically and frustrated that you can't necessarily do that anymore. 

I walk 3 miles every day. I would love to get back into running everyday, but I ran 3 miles last week and felt like it set my symptoms off. At the same time, I feel like we all try to find a reason for every symptom we experience and maybe there is just "it's withdrawal, who the heck knows." I'm worried about going too long without getting back into running because I've already lost so much, fitness-wise. That 10 lbs I lost was ALL muscle, I swear!

I started lifting weights again, but man, that made my muscle aches worse. The weird thing is, I did all arm/chest work and could feel the soreness from the weight lifting, but my usual WD muscle pain in neck and shoulders is MUCH worse. So the soreness from the weightlifting somehow seems to have set off the neck & shoulder pain, which is much stronger. Super strange. I also question if the muscle aches are Benzo WD related. I'm not convinced I didn't accidentally become dependent on them. 

There are always too many variables to make sense of it all!

It's great to hear from you!!! I have felt very alone, especially with the electric thing, do you think the lexapro contributed to yours ? It was very confusing for me what exactly was causing it, but I took ativan to try to stop it  and it really didn't help,  which if you're anxious, it usually does.  I took ativan as need for over a year, but I rarely took it because I have had serious withdrawls from taking it only for a month, 0.5 then stopping cold. That was a nightmare, lord. I wonder often as well about this muscle pain that my doc said was related to ebv reactivation, I often think could it be ativan withdrawl ? Maybe the lexapro was masking the withdrawl body aches ? It's so confusing. Do you ever have pain in your hands and feet ? I've often thought maybe the ativan was the cause, like you said, it's really so confusing to know what is what, and kind of feels hopeless trying to point a finger at the cause.  My anxiety currently had been rough , I too have always killed my body with exercise and I have felt angry that the drive isn't isn't same going through this, it definitely does set you back when you push to hard but I still believe I'm building resilience in some way, maybe ? I've been pushing lately and it leaves me in a fog some days and others, gives me energy. I've been taking supplements for ebv and it's frustrating because I'm still not healed lol so, I'm often like omg I feel weird from this supp or that. I feel like a walking train wreck, I'm close to 40. 

- 10 mg lexparo 1.5 years

- ativan for panic 0.5 , never more than once daily and not everyday for 4 years.

-cold turkeyed in June 5 of 2021.

Buspar a few days and had severe muscle pain. July 26, 27, then 30 of 2021.

My mood swings are awful from the ativan and the lexapro ( I think ). I just get so angry or sad, but rarely happy. If I stay 100 percent distracted.  

- ativan for panic 0.5 , never more than once daily and not everyday for 4 years.

On 10/11/2021 at 2:48 PM, getofflex said:

There are many simple, natural ways to combat depression: 

• prayer, develop spiritual life
  • walk outside in nature
  • pet therapy
  • eat healthy foods, eliminate junk and processed food
  • get involved in helping people less fortunate than you
  • get out of the house and be around positive people
  • listen to uplifting messages on YouTube, rumble, etc.  
  • talk to a counselor, pastor, priest, therapist, etc.  
  • get creative - paint, sketch, sculpt, knit sew, carve, cook, etc.

This list are all things that I have done, and do.  It really helps.  

Do you think it could be withdrawl to feel like , the impending doom? Not quite panic level but I just feel like I won't be "ok", whatever that is 

Yes, to all of the above! I feel the sense of impending doom. I feel the awful mood swings. And yes, I definitely think the paresthesia is connected to the Lexapro. I have never felt anything like it ever before. 

I also just try to keep myself completely distracted by something, anything, else on the really bad days. There are days when I won't sit down for a second because I feel so awful. 

My 11 year old daughter has epilepsy. After she has a seizure, she feels that impending doom feeling. I have to stay with her for a long time and keep assuring her she is going to be OK. She is always convinced she is going to die. She is very anxious when it happens. I think I understand now after going through this, because I feel exactly the same way sometimes. I honestly think whatever is going on in our brains has something to do with abnormal electrical activity in the brain. Even the way the mood swings come on so suddenly, out of the blue, completely unrelated to anything that's going on. It seems very seizure-like in nature. 

9/3/21-9/8/21--6 doses 2.5 mg escitalopram (adverse reaction)

9/9/21-9/16/21-5 doses .5 mg lorazepam

9/17/21-10/17/21-.25 mg clonazepam (used at bedtime 2-3x/week)

9/19/21-present-25 mg hydroxyzine (3x daily for anxiety)

MTHFR C667T homozygous mutation

COMT val/val homozygous mutation

Supplements: 300 mg magnesium glycinate, ProBiota HistaminX, SmartyPants women’s multi, .5 mg melatonin, starting trial of methylated B complex 

• 2 weeks later...

So im still off my medication,  I'm also still lurking here,  hello.  Epstein barr is scary,  when I tried the buspar I really believe it is what activated the ebv. I'm on supplements that my functional doctor prescribed me,  it isn't fun with still being in withdrawl,  I do not feel back to normal and the sensitivity to light is awful.  The pain I got from the virus has been scary, its hard to tell honestly if it was ebv, or, buspar, as I read buspar can cause toxic nueropathy,  which is what this seems to be.  Viruses also do this so , man has this sucked. I keep hoping for a full recovery, its lonely. The pain is weird and it seems like I developed histamine response to even my own sweat, I get burning ears when I exercise and the pain in the feet and hands intensifies. Also wanted to ask , in case anyone reads me, is histamine response normal in withdrawl? 

@getofflex

=] 

• Moderator Emeritus

As I’m not familiar with Epstein Barr or Buspar ir histamine issues I will bring this to the attention of the other staff and someone will get back to you.

What supplements are you on?  What other symptoms are you having?    

Please do not private message me.  Only tag me for urgent questions about tapering and reinstating - thank you.  

***Please note this is not medical advice.  Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a doctor who understands psych meds and how to withdraw from them, if you can find one.

Lexapro   Started Apr 15 2010 - 10 mg;  started taper August 2017, recent taper info: Apr 2 '20  0.18 mg; Jul 16  0.17 mg, Aug 23  0.16 mg, Oct 7  0.15 mg, Nov 8 - 0.14, Jan 16 '21 - 0.13, Feb 7 - 0.12, Feb 22 - 0.11, Mar 26 - 0.10, May 21 - 0.09, June 15 - 0.08 Aug 16 - 0.07, Oct 6 - 0.06, Nov 21 0.05, Dec. 17 0.04, Jan 14 '22 0.03, Feb 19 0.02, Apr 18 0.01, May 15 0.005,  Jul 8, 0.00.  Psych Drug Free as of July 8, 2022!!  Woohoo!!!

other meds: Levothyroxine 75 mg

magnesium in small amounts at 4 AM, before bed

suppl AM: fish oil, flax oil, vit C, vit E, multivitamin, zinc

suppl 8 PM: magnesium 350 mg, extended release vitamin C, melatonin 2 mg

Paxil 2002 - 2010, switched to Lexapro 2010 

Trazodone 50 mg. 2002 - 2019, fast tapered in 2019 

Xanax 0.5 mg as needed 2002 - 2019, up to 3x weekly 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2021 at 9:35 AM, getofflex said:

As I’m not familiar with Epstein Barr or Buspar ir histamine issues I will bring this to the attention of the other staff and someone will get back to you.

What supplements are you on?  What other symptoms are you having?    

None today and for a few days.  Since the third month I started having the pain while eating certain foods, referred pain. It happens when I eat night shades, sugar, even when I keep my diet tight I still get it, just not as bad, started having burning ears when exercising like I was allergic to myself. My stomach is just a ball of gas all of the time, muscle twitches galore. Seems I've developed and inflamed chest muscle haha.   Sigh. I was taking lysine and monolaurin for the ebv but I felt like it made me anxious so I stopped. 

if I eat anything that pertains to the gut, to help it, my body just says no. 

Edited by ChessieCat
unbolded text

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having these issues.  The only supplements we suggest regularly are magnesium and omega 3 which help the nervous system.  Intense exercise tends to rev up the nervous system, because it causes us to produce adrenaline, which can aggravate symptoms of withdrawal.  It's good you stopped the lysine and monolaurin, since it makes you anxious.  You can do a search on our site to research your gut issues.  We have a new thread that tells how to do that: 

How to Do a Site Search on SA

I will be out for a while.  If you need help you can tag a staff member by typing @ followed by their name.  You will see a list come up, select their name from that list. It will be

hilighted in your post.  Some mods names are onmyway, kiasofia, apace41, dataguy, and manymoretodays.  

Please do not private message me.  Only tag me for urgent questions about tapering and reinstating - thank you.  

***Please note this is not medical advice.  Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a doctor who understands psych meds and how to withdraw from them, if you can find one.

Lexapro   Started Apr 15 2010 - 10 mg;  started taper August 2017, recent taper info: Apr 2 '20  0.18 mg; Jul 16  0.17 mg, Aug 23  0.16 mg, Oct 7  0.15 mg, Nov 8 - 0.14, Jan 16 '21 - 0.13, Feb 7 - 0.12, Feb 22 - 0.11, Mar 26 - 0.10, May 21 - 0.09, June 15 - 0.08 Aug 16 - 0.07, Oct 6 - 0.06, Nov 21 0.05, Dec. 17 0.04, Jan 14 '22 0.03, Feb 19 0.02, Apr 18 0.01, May 15 0.005,  Jul 8, 0.00.  Psych Drug Free as of July 8, 2022!!  Woohoo!!!

9 hours ago, getofflex said:

I'm sorry you are having these issues.  The only supplements we suggest regularly are magnesium and omega 3 which help the nervous system.  Intense exercise tends to rev up the nervous system, because it causes us to produce adrenaline, which can aggravate symptoms of withdrawal.  It's good you stopped the lysine and monolaurin, since it makes you anxious.  You can do a search on our site to research your gut issues.  We have a new thread that tells how to do that: 

How to Do a Site Search on SA

I will be out for a while.  If you need help you can tag a staff member by typing @ followed by their name.  You will see a list come up, select their name from that list. It will be

hilighted in your post.  Some mods names are onmyway, kiasofia, apace41, dataguy, and manymoretodays.  

Thank you for your time ❤️ Happy Thanksgiving 

• Moderator Emeritus
On 11/14/2021 at 6:39 PM, Foxclover6 said:

So im still off my medication,  I'm also still lurking here,  hello.  Epstein barr is scary,  when I tried the buspar I really believe it is what activated the ebv. I'm on supplements that my functional doctor prescribed me,  it isn't fun with still being in withdrawl,  I do not feel back to normal and the sensitivity to light is awful.  The pain I got from the virus has been scary, its hard to tell honestly if it was ebv, or, buspar, as I read buspar can cause toxic nueropathy,  which is what this seems to be.  Viruses also do this so , man has this sucked. I keep hoping for a full recovery, its lonely. The pain is weird and it seems like I developed histamine response to even my own sweat, I get burning ears when I exercise and the pain in the feet and hands intensifies. Also wanted to ask , in case anyone reads me, is histamine response normal in withdrawl? 

@getofflex

=] 

Hi there Foxclover6,

I had a pretty severe case of mononucleosis almost 50 years ago(not quite, and I am young at heart) and don't know if I have chronic EPV myself.

How did you find out you had that?

I don't know how you or we could tell if the buspar activated the EPV, and I don't know if a drug would directly activate a dormant virus.  Indirectly perhaps.  The human body and it's physiology is pretty complex.

I do see this:

On 11/23/2021 at 5:42 PM, Foxclover6 said:

Sigh. I was taking lysine and monolaurin for the ebv but I felt like it made me anxious so I stopped. 

And with a lot of changes, within a short time period, or at once.......it makes it next to impossible to know what might be related to what.

I think I have had increased histamine.......I just found some old lab work of mine, that actually tested for that.  And I do seem to have more allergic responses, e.g. sneezing, itchy eyes seasonally.

And......I think that others in WD may have had similar issues.

Check to see if we have topics in Symptoms and Self Care as well.  You can always ask, or add to in those topics already started

And here is one topic that relates to some of your queries:

Histamine food intolerance

How to Do a Site Search on Surviving Antidepressants

And so hoping you are heading into a Window of time soon, or beginning to have a smoother stability.  WD can be so bumpy at times.

And best, L, P, H, and G,

mmt

(another Lexapro withdrawal person)

Edited by manymoretodays
additional links, and comment

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

On 11/26/2021 at 10:43 AM, manymoretodays said:

Hi there Foxclover6,

I had a pretty severe case of mononucleosis almost 50 years ago(not quite, and I am young at heart) and don't know if I have chronic EPV myself.

How did you find out you had that?

I don't know how you or we could tell if the buspar activated the EPV, and I don't know if a drug would directly activate a dormant virus.  Indirectly perhaps.  The human body and it's physiology is pretty complex.

I do see this:

And with a lot of changes, within a short time period, or at once.......it makes it next to impossible to know what might be related to what.

I think I have had increased histamine.......I just found some old lab work of mine, that actually tested for that.  And I do seem to have more allergic responses, e.g. sneezing, itchy eyes seasonally.

And......I think that others in WD may have had similar issues.

Check to see if we have topics in Symptoms and Self Care as well.  You can always ask, or add to in those topics already started

And here is one topic that relates to some of your queries:

Histamine food intolerance

How to Do a Site Search on Surviving Antidepressants

And so hoping you are heading into a Window of time soon, or beginning to have a smoother stability.  WD can be so bumpy at times.

mmt

(another Lexapro withdrawal person)

Been really worried as I have so many als type symptoms.  😕 

• Moderator Emeritus

Like ALS-Lou Gehrigs disease??

This was a great response to you, over in the Histamine food intolerance topic:

13 hours ago, tsranga said:

It is safest to assume that all your symptoms are due to withdrawal. The problem in withdrawal is that you have a hypersensitive nervous system, and your brain is on high alert to monitor all symptoms as it believes that you are in danger. However, most of these symptoms are not dangerous, although they can be uncomfortable.   

The best thing we can do is stop feeding the brain's worrying pattern by just accepting those sensations and letting them pass.  

Your symptoms very likely could be due to histamine intolerance, and it is safest to follow a low histamine diet. 

And I agree with tsranga.  I really do.  I mean if all we focus on are symptoms, then it can be really difficult to notice when we might actually be doing better.  It becomes almost like a "self prophecy" type thing.

We don't want to completely ignore symptoms either, yet, there is a more peaceful balance to work towards.  In other words don't ignore completely symptoms that might need attention.  Most every single member here, that I have seen go to get all kinds of expensive work ups though, don't find anything, or the tests don't lead to anything.

Have you had a chance to read through this topic"

What is withdrawal syndrome?

Take a look, and a listen to the video in the first post.  And then, try try not to dwell on it all.

Try a gratitude list, 20 things minimum.

Or a......"what has gone well today list"

There must be something that has gone well.  Find or go back to, that last even 1 hour Window that you might have had.

Get outside.  Smell the roses.

Withdrawal causing repetitive, or intrusive thoughts, rumination, and increased panic ?

It can happen to the best of us, so just know you are not alone.  And then begin to find coping practices that you may find helpful for many other things too.  Go to Symptoms and Self Care, and then just start with some of the top pinned topics.

It's not always easy, but trust yourself to lead you to healing....

mmt

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/22/2021 at 6:16 PM, teasprout said:

I got raynauds out of seemingly nowhere late last year and early this year, and it lasted a few months and now it's gone. No idea if it's related to withdrawal or not but maybe this'll give you a little hope that the raynauds will go away for you too

Did you have any purplish hue? 

@Foxclover6

I have a very similar story, how are you doing with the burning? Reinstatement and withdrawal symptoms?

2013- Nov 6 2021: Lexapro 7.5 mg CT

2010-present Klonopin .25 mg as needed

Nov 12-24, 2021: Buspar 10 mg 2x per day-stopped.

Nov 2021: Gabapentin 100 mg x3 to 300 mg x3

Nov 25, 2021: Reinstated Lexapro after 2.5 mg-5 mg- some improvement then developed Akathisia. 

Dec 1 2021: 1 mg Lexapro- still poor reaction tapered off in 5 months using liquid.

Apr 2022: 0 Lexapro

April 2022: Effexor 25 mg. Helped with akathisia and SI. but caused joint pain, high HR, and very heavy/dizzy. May 2022 12.5 mg then Stopped

Present: Gabapentin 300 mg x3, klonopin .25 mg as needed, benadryl as needed, propanolol 10 mg

Suffering from akathisia, head burning, depression, anhedonia,  anxiety, DR/DP, fatigue, dizziness

Magnesium, fish oil, D3+K2, lipothiamine, b12 injections, vit c/e, betaine hcl, probiotic

5 hours ago, Alibe said:

@Foxclover6

I have a very similar story, how are you doing with the burning? Reinstatement and withdrawal symptoms?

Please share your story, is I on here ? I am still dealing with alot of bad things.  I get pain when I eat in the hands, it feels like glass or barbed wire, like a cramps arthritis feeling but negative for Ana.   I would love to hear your story.  I am still struggling alot, I have panic attacks pretty usually. Some of the symptoms have lessened but they are still there and no less enough to not scare me. Still have the burning and have warm pressure feelings in my face. 

5 hours ago, Alibe said:

@Foxclover6

I'm reading your story now 

• ChessieCat changed the title to Foxclover6: Cold turkey Lexparo 10 mg
5 hours ago, Alibe said:

@Foxclover6

The burning does lessen, but I jumped off like a dumby 

@Foxclover6

Hope my story gave some reassurance that you aren't alone. I know yours has for me.

Even with my reinstatement, I think I screwed up because I've tried to many doses to find a right one...I can't get rid of the burning and adrenaline rushes in the morning. Right now I'm trying .5 of liquid Lexapro. Everything other dose gives me Akathisia. 

I have been having burning constantly. It feels like hot flashes but I'm only 30:(. Heat everywhere, through my ears, arms chest, breathing hot air, then shivering.  When I concentrate its burning my skull. 

I've been only going through this for 2 months. 

I have not been able to work.

Do you wake up with extreme jitteriness? Like adrenaline rushes? No matter how well I sleep it happens every morning, same time. It's it's really disheartening. I don't know how to make it stop. 

Nov 25, 2021: Reinstated Lexapro after 2.5 mg-5 mg- some improvement then developed Akathisia. 

Dec 1 2021: 1 mg Lexapro- still poor reaction tapered off in 5 months using liquid.

April 2022: Effexor 25 mg. Helped with akathisia and SI. but caused joint pain, high HR, and very heavy/dizzy. May 2022 12.5 mg then Stopped

Present: Gabapentin 300 mg x3, klonopin .25 mg as needed, benadryl as needed, propanolol 10 mg

Suffering from akathisia, head burning, depression, anhedonia,  anxiety, DR/DP, fatigue, dizziness

Magnesium, fish oil, D3+K2, lipothiamine, b12 injections, vit c/e, betaine hcl, probiotic

10 hours ago, Alibe said:

@Foxclover6

Hope my story gave some reassurance that you aren't alone. I know yours has for me.

Even with my reinstatement, I think I screwed up because I've tried to many doses to find a right one...I can't get rid of the burning and adrenaline rushes in the morning. Right now I'm trying .5 of liquid Lexapro. Everything other dose gives me Akathisia. 

I have been having burning constantly. It feels like hot flashes but I'm only 30:(. Heat everywhere, through my ears, arms chest, breathing hot air, then shivering.  When I concentrate its burning my skull. 

I've been only going through this for 2 months. 

I have not been able to work.

Do you wake up with extreme jitteriness? Like adrenaline rushes? No matter how well I sleep it happens every morning, same time. It's it's really disheartening. I don't know how to make it stop. 

Yes I do,  I have burning in my ears,  face and arms and when I wake up I have tremors and anxiety , on and off. The middle day it usually gets better.  I have recently developed "ms hug" but I was also on a benzo. I think you will stabilize,  now that you've found the better of the doses. I wish I could have reinstated but waited too long. My gut is a mess, it's a nightmare lol.  Every symptom seems new and personal. I've really grown tired of panic and anxiousness.  

On 12/24/2021 at 1:19 PM, Foxclover6 said:

Did you have any purplish hue? 

yes and sometimes it would be white if it was really bad

2009 - 2021    Zoloft (sertraline)

2008 - 2021    Various stimulants (ritalin, vivance, focalin, adderall, adderall ER)

2012 - 2019    Abilify 2mg

2019    Mirapex (pramipexole) Nov. 0.125mg Dec. 0.25mg

Currently just going to try to get off of Mirapex (my only current prescription medication) after previously not tapering meds correctly because I'm hoping the akathisia can go away eventually. 

59 minutes ago, teasprout said:

yes and sometimes it would be white if it was really bad

I've had endless autoimmune type symptoms and all tests are normal, and nowwww my back is hurt and feels like my ribs are being pulled. Sigh.

@Foxclover6 how do you feel this morning/today?

How long were you on Ativan? It might or might not be the cause of your increase anxiety. Not a professional by any means. But If you were taking it for a couple months here and there your body might be craving it and it might help you reach some type of stability. 

Have you tried acupuncture? Yesterday I went to my first session. I haven't been sleeping well for the past 3 days. I asked for only calming points, no detox. She said I have a lot of heart fire? Something with Chinese Medicine.  She also said the treatment she gave me all her patients tell her they do feel calm and fall asleep shortly after they get home. 

I of course did feel awful before going, (can barely concentrate to navigate to a new place, bad brain fog) there and I thought I felt the same afterwards. My appt was at 1 pm and by 5 pm I was asleep til midnight. I tossed and turned, went to the couch and slept til 5 am. Today, I feel calmer I think? I'm not sure but I did sleep well. Still woke up with jitters but they went down faster. The burning today felt morning like tingles all over my body. Better than burning? Idk how long it'll last.  Try acupuncture?

2 hours ago, Alibe said:

@Foxclover6 how do you feel this morning/today?

How long were you on Ativan? It might or might not be the cause of your increase anxiety. Not a professional by any means. But If you were taking it for a couple months here and there your body might be craving it and it might help you reach some type of stability. 

Have you tried acupuncture? Yesterday I went to my first session. I haven't been sleeping well for the past 3 days. I asked for only calming points, no detox. She said I have a lot of heart fire? Something with Chinese Medicine.  She also said the treatment she gave me all her patients tell her they do feel calm and fall asleep shortly after they get home. 

I of course did feel awful before going, (can barely concentrate to navigate to a new place, bad brain fog) there and I thought I felt the same afterwards. My appt was at 1 pm and by 5 pm I was asleep til midnight. I tossed and turned, went to the couch and slept til 5 am. Today, I feel calmer I think? I'm not sure but I did sleep well. Still woke up with jitters but they went down faster. The burning today felt morning like tingles all over my body. Better than burning? Idk how long it'll last.  Try acupuncture?

Very likely ativan as well, the issues I am having.  Benzos are the worst as I'm sure you know. Did you take them? I also have a problem navigating anywhere currently, it's so hard. I wish I could go try it but I probably have to wait since I'm so imbalanced. I thought ab reinstating a small dose of ativan but I am afraid of those symptoms also, not sure if it would help . I never took it daily but I took it weekly and it helped alot, issue is the drug is so bad idk

I wish I could reinstate but I am 6 months out. It sucks

Feel so sad and afraid

I’m so sorry you are afraid and sad.  This will pass.  I promise.  

2010 - 2018 Zoloft 75 mg 2019 Zoloft 50mg 2019 Zoloft 25 mg

2020 Zoloft 12.5mg

2020 Switched July 6, 2020 to Lexapro 10 mg  Nov 10, 2020 5 mg 

2021 Feb 2, 2021 2.5 mg until July 24, 2021 (Date quit)

2021 Lexapro .5 mg Reinstatement Aug 18, 2021 

2021 Lexapro .42 mg Nov 16, 2021

2021 Lexapro .35 mg Dec 1, 2021

2021 Lexapro .5 mg updose Dec 11, 2021

2022 Lexapro 1.0 mg updose March 15, 2022

2022 Quit Lexapro March 19, 2022

I've been off 6 months and my anxiety is really bad, I want to try soemthing and I know this site is dedicated to not being on the medication but I can barely function. I have zoloft and prozac, I haven't taken anything. I really need help to decide what to do. 

• Moderator Emeritus

It's totally up to you.  We will not help you decide what drug to take, as we are a forum for getting off drugs, not getting on drugs.  Please discuss this with your doctor.  

41 minutes ago, getofflex said:

It's totally up to you.  We will not help you decide what drug to take, as we are a forum for getting off drugs, not getting on drugs.  Please discuss this with your doctor.  

Ty . I just cannot do it... im struggling so badly after 6 months. Do you happen to think I will steal heal ? They always say this isn't withdrawl at 6 months. I just dont want nuerotoxicity. I can't take anything. 

It's just so hard 

It’s terrible I know.  I’m dealing with the headaches daily.  We have to fight.  Try not to give in. Sometimes I wish I never reinstated as I just want the drugs out of my system.  You are going to heal.  I’m sorry for the pain.  

2020 Zoloft 12.5mg

I'm sorry you are struggling. 

Another day, feeling detached and majorly sad, anxiety always. Wake up afraid, feel like im making myself breath sometimes.  No energy, lost weight, been forcefully eating but I hope the weight stops, also I'm hoping this weight loss is triggered by withdrawl syndrome and not something else. Not sure how common it is. 

Hey how have you been feeling since Sat?  Sat was pretty horrible for me also.  I’m sorry.  Hoping you found some relief.  

2020 Zoloft 12.5mg