alberto: Tapering off Pristiq and Withdrawal Symptoms

alberto

Thank you for replying.

I am confused, please help me to understand.

I get scolded at every post I write here so I really don’t know what/how to post. 

Some people seem to get angry at me and I can imagine I must be doing something wrong here. On the other hand, for someone who is depressed, being treated like this does not seem to help.

I apologize again if this reply is wrong and/or made you angry. Please don’t be rude if it was so.

please.

thanks!

2018–2019 Pristiq50mg     (MD prescription)
2020-2021- Pristiq 100mg (MD prescription)
2021/ March- Pristiq 150m (MD prescription)
2021/November/ 01- reduced to 100mg (at my own risk)
2021/November/04- reduced t0 50mg   (at my own risk) withdrawals symptoms resume
2021/November/06- reduced to 0 mg     
(at my own risk) withdrawals symptoms get worse

2021/November/08-  begin treatment with Psilocybin microdosing. MD monitoring

2021/November/12 -  Psilocybin microdosing wiped out all Pristiq withdrawal symptoms. Feeling much better and calm.  MD monitoring

2021/November/17- Psilocybin microdose: 0.2g every 3 days. Depression: No/ Anxiety.No  / Pristiq withdrawal symptoms NoneMD monitoring

2021/ December/25 - Off Psilocybin. Off Pristiq. 30th day taking NOTHING(0mg)  Depression: No/ Anxiety.No  / Pristiq withdrawal symptoms None. MD still monitoring ( and very surprised)

UPDATE:  2022/February/10: Off Pristiq. No other antidepressant either. After 3 months of having nothing I had a 2-gram mushroom of Albino A+, a very strong strain. I felt very good, a feeling of joy and peace. I have had no depression and little anxiety. It is amazing what Psilocybin ( mushrooms) did to my body. No depression. Very little anxiety even after 3 months of having had nothing.

UPDATE: MARCH/2022: Feeling lousy without taking any meds at all including psilocybin . My MD told me to return to Pristiq.

• Administrator
On 3/9/2022 at 11:05 AM, alberto said:

I was feeling awesome with the shrooms but now without them ( or taking very sporadically) and with crazy pressure from my PhD supervisor ( I am the 3rd year and will begin my fieldwork, go through ethics board and defense of my project. a lot!) I have been feeling really lousy and crappy. I have lack of energy for anything and I Also, I feel a lack of motivation for my phd.

This is a site for going off drugs, we don't help people choose drugs to go on for "feeling lousy and crappy".

Have you ever talked to a psychotherapist about feeling academic pressures?

We cannot compete with advice from your doctor, which sounds stupid to me, but it may sound brilliant to you, if you believe you need to take Pristiq to finish your PhD. 

Nobody here is going to tell you Pristiq is a miracle drug, but if you believe it is so, it is so. It's your decision.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.