ARichards: loxapine / Loxitane / Adasuve shot

ARichards

Hi 👋

The past 9 months of my life has been destroyed and I was hoping to make some friends on here.

8 years of antidepressants, I became tolerant. Increased, mixed, insomnia...My last trip to the hospital was volunteerly due to the insomnia. A psychiatrist came up on the teleconference in mental health the next morning and tried to put me on Serequel, I refused. They shot me up, I politely gave them my hip like a benadryl shot :( for 9 days, awaiting a flight to St Johns Newfoundland psychward cause this small town couldn't sign the forms I asked for confining me in mental health to begin with. 

I had 13 more shots (shot per night by a nurse, whom I was kind to and we did this in private, but I told all the other patients what was happening to me) awaiting legal whom I understand had a cold.

If that wasn't traumatizing enough, all the incarcerated and noncriminals were all together. (19 patients, 7 had charges, although I don't see these people as different from us, there treatment was terrible! I saw with my very own eyes these people wished they chose jail.)

The aftermath, I report to provincial ombudsman and every complaint form I found fill out in this provience about these doctors, as I don't want this to happen to anyone else. I found David Reville on YouTube creating better Mental Health Systems here in Canada since 2010, and here I provience of Newfoundland just having their first political ones being built 2024. We hardly have physical health here ....   I found CCHR International cchrint.org and CCHR Canada and reported my abuse to them.and also the FDA report on their website to report the drug loxapine (* see information added below) made me soooo manic. And I got a Psychiatric Living Will on their website to ensure this never happens to me again. And filled out psychiatric Living Will for both my children.

But most of all.....

The most traumatizing part.....

I had to place my two children (5and3) in care of their grandparents and I've tried to get them back but short staff here in social services also is their excuse and short staff doctors im doing everything they say to have my kids returned to their home. I am so fortunate to have my parents do this for me the Last 9 Months (I haven't slept in the same house as my children in 9 months, no sleepovers aloud) or they would have ended up in foster care. I am trying hard to finish my online college course but 6 months later after the shot was out of my system Novemeber 7th, it's been hard to actually understand what I'm learning and tiredness and it's scary.

So today, I found you guys through Russell B videos on YouTube.

Nice to meet you guys and gals!

Loxapine, sold under the brand names Loxitane and Adasuve among others, is a typical antipsychotic medication used primarily in the treatment of schizophrenia. The drug is a member of the dibenzoxazepine class and structurally related to clozapine.Wikipedia

Edited by ChessieCat
added loxapine info
  • ChessieCat changed the title to REAL NAME? loxapine / Loxitane / Adasuve shot
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi there AR,

I wanted to get you started and approved today.  Could you send a PM(you'll see a little envelope icon at the top of your screen) to Shep or Karma, and let them know what you'd like for a user name?

The other thing you could do would be to create your signature for us:

How to Summarize Your Drug History in Your Signature

note that this is different from the information that you initially provided, and will be seen below your posts once created and saved.

And I'm so sorry for your recent treatment, and loss of your kids.  Oh hugs.

I'm still a bit confused as to what you are on right now.  Your signature will help.

On 12/20/2021 at 5:58 PM, ARichards said:

.and also the FDA report on their website to report the drug loxapine

It sounds like it might be the Loxapine?

And then what happened in the hospital too......what did the night nurse give you?

Sounds like you may be struggling with adverse effects of drugs tried, and then discontinued too quickly?  I'm not quite sure yet.

Sorry for the delay getting you started and welcome aboard.  Hope we can help with any future tapers and WD(withdrawal).

This is your introduction/journal page where you have now introduced yourself to the community, you can ask questions here regarding your tapering, communicate with us,  give updates, and just keep a record of your journey.

Love, peace, healing, and growth,

moderator manymoretodays(mmt)

Edited by manymoretodays
added quote

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16,  medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• ChessieCat changed the title to ARichards: loxapine / Loxitane / Adasuve shot
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

As requested by ManyMoreTodays above please create your drug history following the instructions in the link provided.  This will appear below every post you make and allow us to see your drug history at a glance.  This is different from the drug information that you provided when you joined, which is only visible to staff.  Thank you.

You might find this list helpful:

Dr Joseph Glenmullen's WD Symptoms Checklist

And if you experienced adverse reactions you might find these helpful:

are-we-there-yet-how-long-is-withdrawal-going-to-take

immediate-adverse-reactions-to-an-antidepressant-or-within-a-few-doses-how-long-for-recovery

SA strongly encourages members to learn and use non drug coping skills.

Non-drug techniques to cope

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management