MelJoy: Has anyone experienced skin itchiness while tapering off antidepressant?

MelJoy

I have been tapering off zoloft from 150 mg a day now at 50mg a day.  I am experiencing itchy skin, runny nose and allergy like symptoms.  Also skin craving feeling. Has everyone experienced this? How long did it last or am I permanently damaged. I have been on zoloft for 15 years....it stopped working even at the high dosage. Please give any feedback would be appreciated 🙏 

Edited by Frogie
corrected spelling
  • Frogie changed the title to MelJoy:Has anyone experienced skin itchiness while tapering off antidepressant?

@MelJoy

Welcome to SA. We are a volunteer run site helping member taper off antidepressants, or have tapered off and are healing.

This is your introduction page where you will receive information, ask questions and meet other members. We ask that each member only have one introduction page so we can keep all your information in one place.

First, can you please create a signature for us. Thank you.

Instructions:  Withdrawal History Signature

How long have you been tapering off of Zoloft? How have you felt, other that the skin issue? I'm going to provide some links for you to read.

Tips for tapering off sertraline (Zoloft)

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

Dr. Joseph Glenmullen's withdrawal symptom checklist

What is withdrawal syndrome?

The Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

Here is a link that you mind find helpful on skin conditions when tapering.

We don't suggest supplements on here except 2. You might want to try one in a small amount, wait a few days before introducing the other.

Magnesium

Omega-3 Fish Oil

After you read these links, please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions you may have.

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

• ChessieCat changed the title to MelJoy: Has anyone experienced skin itchiness while tapering off antidepressant?